[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 436
Thread images: 65

File: 40k gen.png (122KB, 257x227px) Image search: [Google]
40k gen.png
122KB, 257x227px
Literally Every Time I Check The Catalog For /40kg/ The Thread Is Almost 400 Posts In So I Have To Make A New General, I Have Made Like 10 Of These Threads In The Last Week Edition

>Previous thread
>>50882393

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Dragons are red, Avengers are blue, the Wraithknight is huge, and he's going to kill you):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
>>
The Dark Mechanicus claim this thread.
>>
File: Shitposting, it's illegal.png (246KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
Shitposting, it's illegal.png
246KB, 500x335px
The Lords of Terra declare that shitposting is heresy. What changes in the 40k galaxy?
>>
>>50886638

Nothing in the 40k galaxy. If they declared it heresy IRL then maybe the internet would improve.
>>
reposting question about codex: imperial agents in new thread

>>50886604
>do the forge world airplanes count as part of the Imperial navy faction though? Could one of them be included in the detachment with an officer of the fleet?
>>
>>50886598

>literally 345 posts when this thread made
>only on page 6
>>
>>50886598
How bad would it be if my army consisted of only valkyries and a single officer of the fleet?
>>
>le space marines are easy to paint meme

I just started painting my army of chaos space marines and the whole time it was absolute suffering trying to paint my power armor squads, all those flat areas made we want to kill myself and it took several hours per model. Then I started painting cultists and it was a breeze, this shit is kid gloves compared to chaos marines, I could blast through a horde of these dudes in a couple days. Guard and orks players known nothing of infantry painting agony. Why do people say space marines are so easy to paint? Normal humans are so much easier and take less time.
>>
Will Druchi Violet look like shit on top of Sotek Green?
>>
>>50886659
>300 posts is bump limit
>the thread will be gone within an hour
>>
File: Orks - 1500pts.jpg (168KB, 900x756px) Image search: [Google]
Orks - 1500pts.jpg
168KB, 900x756px
Rate my list.

Burnas to only be used as Ap 3 melee weapons.
>>
>>50886688

Only one way to be sure anon

post pics
>>
>>50886711
>melee
>I2
>>
>>50886630

They need their own Codex. Skitarii/Cult Mech can have their combined books, but let Dark Mech get all the really weird shit. Like, fill their Troop slots with ravening murder servitors instead of infantry-like Skitarii and show us what truly horrible things they can pump out of those Hell-Forges.

Also give CSM a unique heavy weapon option. I still vote we put psyker brains in jars, and then put those jars in guns to use as magazines.
>>
Nurgle > Tzeench > Cegorach > Khorne > Slaanesh
>>
File: radical 1850.jpg (324KB, 900x1430px) Image search: [Google]
radical 1850.jpg
324KB, 900x1430px
Trying to put together an 1850 list for a tourney at my flgs. Would love to have some tips or critique.
>>
>>50886734
You have that literally backwards
>>
File: wewlad2.gif (174KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
wewlad2.gif
174KB, 300x300px
>>50886699

>thinks /tg/ moves this fast

>threads with over 3 hours since last post still on board
>>
>>50886738
Run this instead
>>
>>50886734

Why are we including Cegorach in this? Are we just totalling up gods who have devotees? Shouldn't we more gods up there, then?
>>
>>50886742
>implying 40k generals aren't possibly the fastest threads on /tg/

on some days there are up to four 40k generals my man, on other days the same thread lasts 2 days. it depends on several factors but these threads are almost as fast as a live chat, I just made this thread a little over 10 minutes ago and it also has 20ish posts
>>
>>50886738
Max out all unit slots in the Subterranean Uprising and go MSU. Forget the transports, they can't embark in them anyhow. Take another Subterranean Uprising with MSU.
>>
>Black Legion Tzeentch-marked Terminator Lord with Sigil of Corruption and Skull of Ker'ngar

Aw shit son. 2+/3++/EW. And with a lucky trait roll, he can get IWND too.
>>
22nd for the 20th legion
>>
>>50886790

a quarter of them are you and me shit posting back and forth though..

It doesn't matter how fast the thread is if the rest of the board is moving fast enough to slide it off the board.
>>
>>50886713
Can I not... on grounds that I am a terrible painter who can't thin paint properly, stay within lines, and has a hand that shakes worse than a crackhead without his fix?
>>
On a scale of Eldar as 10 and Orks as 1, how would you rate Black Templars?
>>
>>50886858
15 posters, 26 posts. Nah.
>>
>>50886858
what are you even trying to argue about

I made a thread because the last thread was close to archive, what's the problem
>>
>>50886870

I suppose, I would be embarrassed too
>>
>>50886727
Yeah. I want to see binharic curses to throw on the enemy, and converting enemy vehicles and weapons against them with some kind of offensive Battlesmith, and advancing murderbots that can reanimate upon being killed by the ministrations of a Dark Techpriest (No, not Necrons).

Primarily it's theme would be using the enemy against itself. Kill their units, raise them as tech-zombies. Wreck their vehicles then deploy servitors into them to use their weapons as stationary turrets.

The Darkmech don't really innovate beyond making new Daemon Engines, but what they do have, they make... greater.
>>
>>50886832

Chaos can roll Geokinesis (or equivalent) powers, right? If you have a psyker you could try for Earth Blood or whatever the Chaos equivalent is, you give him IWND and restore D3 lost wounds.
>>
What the is the most stupid as in awesome, thing you can put inside a Valkyrie and ally it up to something else?
>>
>>50886671
I 100% agree.
Making Chaos Space Marines look decent/good takes me hours.
>>
>>50886766
Cegorach fits with the rest.
Lets be honest and dispell any illusions here, the eldar gods were filthy chaos gods. Just because they weren't as outright evil doesn't mean they weren't vile warp spawned abominations whos existence is an afront to the emperor.
>>
>>50886832
It's nice but I still don't understand why Chaos Lords including the named ones only get three wounds while every bumfuck Chaptermaster fromUzbeki-beki-beki-beki stan gets four.
>>
>>50886876
Necron out of tyranid
>>
>>50886891
I can't think of an equivalent thing to do to MC's though.

For the zombiefication, I was thinking "When a unit is wiped out, place a marker at the site of the last model to be removed. (Insert ability range and activation stuff here). The unit reanimated is identical to that of the one removed, but is controlled by the DarkMech player, can only fire snapshots, has -1WS, and gains Fearless. Models reanimate with half their wounds, rounded up.

They can't be rezzed twice, and if killed with ID can't be converted.

Exploded vehicles can't be commandeered either, encouraging using just enough force on enemies rather than spamming high-power weapons.

Thing is, I'm worried it would be a "Win More" army, IE if you manage to get a few kills and reanimates you do well, if you can't you won't, and that snowballs so you have to do well T1 or be completely screwed. Thoughts?
>>
>>50886999

Chaos Tax.
>>
>>50886876
>>
>>50886711
pls, stop post orks meme list...
>>
>>50887046
Whats a meme about it?
>>
>>50886790
>on some days there are up to four 40k generals my man

All the more reason to wait until it's on page 9 or 10, instead of page 6, to make a new TG. It ain't a crime if a TG general gets to 600 before being archived. Fuck, many of the other boards don't start sageing until after that.
>>
>>50886891

Technomancy psykers would be great, the Dark Mech practicing sorcery combined with machines. Binharic Curses could be like Doctrina Imperatives, in that you can throw scrapcode/sorcery at your opponent to fuck them up.

As for regeneration, stealing things would really fuck with bookkeeping on the table. What they should do is allow Murder-Servitors to replenish their own ranks when removing infantry as casualties, their own invasive hereteknology performing a battlefield servitization on their corpses. Of course, they can't replenish their numbers from their own deaths and probably suffer some penalty to survivability, even if they are pretty killy in melee.

Basically, Dark Mech needs to be truly frightening on the tabletop. Something that legitimately gets players scared to face them. Ideally, CSM would be as well, but they can at least get easy allies with Dark Mech. If the release coincides with new CSM, then CSM should launch with their own neat toys that the Dark Mech made for them.
>>
>>50886999
>Uzbeki-beki-beki-beki
Because, Tzeentch, the Chaos Lord probably has some sort of debilitating issue due to worshiping Chaos. Also Uzebeki-beki-beki-beki is a lovely planet. Good people.
>>
>>50886688
What are you painting? Thousand Sons?
My GF has an Eldar tank that uses Druchi Violet over a similar shade, Teclis Blue. I can post pics if you want.
>>
Does the average imperial know about the heresy? What about the Primarchs?
>>
File: AustralianSubtitles.jpg (44KB, 637x410px) Image search: [Google]
AustralianSubtitles.jpg
44KB, 637x410px
>>50886882
Holy shit, you must be "Almost out of paints" when you still have three duplicate pots left.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (25KB, 230x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
25KB, 230x200px
>>50887091
>>
>>50886999
Because Chaos Lords are captain equivalent and Daemon Princes are the chapter master equivalent.
>>
>>50887112
>Does the average imperial know about the heresy? What about the Primarchs?
To a degree yes.
>>
>>50887112
The average guardsman at least knows about saints from the heresy and likely primarchs. Average civilians probably know just slightly less.
>>
>>50887112
>Does the average imperial know about the heresy?
Yes, but not that it was the Primarchs that betrayed the Emperor, Horus is probably portrayed as some sort of fiendish villain like Vandire. Remember most Imperials couldn't conceive that Chaos Space Marines exist, let alone Chaos Primarchs.

>Primarchs
Yes, but not as we know them, as angelic almost godlike beings of great import, with the occasional differing philosophy on whether they were the literal sons of the Emperor, super-saints or whatever.
>>
File: dark_angel_by_fonteart-d5v5t85.jpg (58KB, 762x1048px) Image search: [Google]
dark_angel_by_fonteart-d5v5t85.jpg
58KB, 762x1048px
>>50887124
The only problem I have with it are the trees. Too many forests, but as a DAfag it's natural that would offend me.
>>
>>50887104
Painting a Chaos Terminator Lord, trying to get that gay Tzeentch scheme with what little I've got since the FLGS is closed and I'm budgeting
>>
>>50887055
plenty of warbikers wich off course you don't have and you will never have
same for tankbusta
no warboss
no manz
no heavy support
instead of lurking that ridicoulus "competitive" list (wich in WH40k basically mean "cutting-edge home rules") you should buy rulebook and codex of the army you're looking for...
>>
File: Scoria.jpg (136KB, 568x587px) Image search: [Google]
Scoria.jpg
136KB, 568x587px
>>50887074
That was pretty much what I was thinking for the Curses. Technomancy would be nice too, but only if they had powerful armoured units of their own, since it's a bit useless if all you can do is haywire Rhinos.

I see the point for the reanimation, your way is probably better. I do still think that their HQs should be able to reactivate vehicle weapons, even as just a cool fluffy power, since the wreck is there and fixable.

I would rather the melee stuff not be too fragile unless they're damn cheap, since we saw what happened to the Sicarians and Electro-Priests.

Also, give them the Hellblade and Hell Talon, just for niceness.

Maybe their basic troops can be dirt cheap, fragile but capable of replenishing losses from dead enemies, and have decent melee ability? Sounds a bit too much like GSC, though.

I also want REALLY customisable HQs and army lists, like the 30k Magi or Renegade devotions. These guys have whatever toys they can build or keep, they shouldn't be stuck with 4 different guns like the Dominus.

I would also ask for this guy, but half daemonic and a Lord of War who doesn't fight directly but instead supercharges the army's mechanics and throws out huge buff and debuff bubbles.
>>
>>50887112

Most know about the Arch-Heretic, Horus, and are probably taught much about the Emperor and the Great Crusade itself. The Heresy in and of itself is probably more vague, but the gist of it remains: 18 primarchs, 9 rebellious sons, sacrifice of Sanguinius, and his interment on the Golden Throne. Also probably some trivia about Malcador and other public, non-classified characters.

They probably don't know the details, or the fact that their holy book was ironically written based on a traitor Primarch's own heretical writings on the Emperor's divinity. They do treat the Space Marines with reverence, so they probably know about the loyalist Primarchs and that the Space Marines, probably specific named legions, and maybe some of the roles they played during the Crusade and Heresy.
>>
>>50887112
The Sanguinala is the Imperium's equivalent of Christmas so they at least know about Big E, Sanguinius and Horus.
>>
Any novels where Orks are the protags?

In particular I like when Orks fight Chaos.

Or is it all space marine stuff
>>
>>50887300
>NPC race as the good guys
You're a dumb motherfucker, anon
>>
>>50887300
Theres Deff Skwadron, but thats a comic.
>>
>>50887300
only thing where orkz are actually the main characters is deff squadron
>>
>>50887279
If you take the Regimental Standard as an actual in universe source, they teach that the Imperium defeated and killed all the Traitor Primarchs and most traitor marines.

>(which is, of course, ridiculous, because all the traitor Primarchs were slain 10,000 years ago along with the bulk of their traitorous sons*.)

https://regimental-standard.com/2016/10/12/daemonic-cyclops-the-truth-exposed/
>>
>>50887322
>Protagonist = good guy
>>
>>50887112
Loyalist Primarchs? Sure, they're fucking Saints.

Heretic Primarchs? What heretic Primarchs? You've been gravely misled as to the scale of the Traitor Astartes, they are comprised of merely the few degenerates who were not truly fit for service in His Imperial Host.

Please report the name of the person/s who misled you as to the existence of these beings and then report for re-education at the earliest opportunity (Attendence is mandatory and you will not be paid for lost work hours, education of the Imperial Creed is suitable compensation.)

And if someone told you that the Dark Angels have been anything other than steadfast servants of the Emperor, know that he is a double heretic and should be reported immediately. However, if you were to see a Dark Angel Astartes doing something suspicious, please report your findings to that friendly looking skull faced Astartes over there, you will receive suitable compensation.
>>
>>50887249

I'd say, a Dark Mech factions should be ALL about their HQ. Dark Magi should be a huge focus for the army, a great and imposing character who wields a good deal of horrifying powers and equipment and/or who can play with those units around him like toys, sacrificing them for power/parts or enhancing them without care for their wellbeing. Essentially, everything from the Hell-Forge is disposable to the thing that runs it.

Still, running Horde infantry shows just how little sanctity for life they have, running speedy servitors to their death in the enemy's guns to buy time for Elites and Heavier to get in close or line up their shots.

>>50887300

Deff Skwadron. It's a comic, but it's damn good an' propah Orky.
>>
How easy should it be to convert two loyalist Space Marine bikers into two Chaos Sorcerer Bikers, with all the left over bits from a Start Collecting CSM box and a Raptor box? Pretty easy, right?
>>
File: sm (1).jpg (16KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
sm (1).jpg
16KB, 400x500px
tell me if this is a stupid idea, /40kg/

Angels of Atonement
A Dark Angels successor chapter that fear the Unforgiven's current transgressions against the Imperium outweigh the heresies of their past, so they conduct campaigns of great honor in the name of the Emperor. They believe their role in the Hunt is to keep the name of the Dark Angels and their successors untarnished, drawing the focus of the Inquisition away from the secret dealings of the Inner Circle.

They paint their right arm red to represent the blood of the Imperium upon their hands. It is considered a great honor among the chapter if a battle-brother returns from a battle with his red paint completely hidden by the blood of the Emperors enemies.

Their battle-cries are in the vain of "Atonement is at hand!"
>>
>>50887342
Hero is a synonym for protagonist. Villain is an antonym.
>>
>>50886630
And people dares to say dark mechanicum doesn't fuck everything they touch, look at that poor castellax.
>>
File: Boreal Talon Inner Circle v3.png (40KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
Boreal Talon Inner Circle v3.png
40KB, 201x281px
>>50887380
A brother DAfag!
>Angels of Atonement
I'm not sure if I like the name.
>so they conduct campaigns of great honor in the name of the Emperor.
I'm sure the Inner Circle gets guilty every now and then and do that.
> drawing the focus of the Inquisition away from the secret dealings of the Inner Circle.
That would put them at risk then.
>>
>>50886711
It's not too bad for an ork list, but it's still not going to win much. At least it will be quick and fun.

Using burnas in melee never seems like a clever idea to me. Even if you manage to get your attacks (which half of them probably won't), it's only about half a wound on average to marines. You only need about four models under the template before just flaming them works out as a better option. Not that it will matter much, since your odds of actually getting burnas into range is pretty remote.

If you really want an ork list which stands a chance, load up on fast attack and artillery.
>>
>>50887380
>fear the Unforgiven's current transgressions against the Imperium outweigh the heresies of their past

Dear High Lords of Terra!

Unfortunately our newest successor chapter, the Angels of Atonement has been entirely lost to the warp while en route to Cadia from the Rock. Please ring the Bell of Lost Souls for their honorably memory.

t. High Interrogator-Chaplain Asmodai of the Dark Angels
>>
File: You're_madder_than_Khorne.png (47KB, 697x791px) Image search: [Google]
You're_madder_than_Khorne.png
47KB, 697x791px
>>50887380
> It is considered a great honor among the chapter if a battle-brother returns from a battle with his red paint completely hidden by the blood of the Emperors enemies.
>>
>>50887380
It'll be pretty hard for them to murder that many xenos and heretics when they'll be so busy taking the knot.

>>50887416
Synonyms aren't the same as definitions. USUALLY, a protagonist is the hero of a story (Luke Skywalker, Captain Titus), but there are stories where the Villain is the protagonist (your Party in Black Crusade, The Godfather).

A protagonist is just someone who's POV the story is explored from while they struggle for their goal, while the antagonist is whoever (or whatever, isn't always a person) stands in their way of attaining that goal.
>>
>>50887518
I think there is one canon DA successor chapter that does think the sins of the Fallen are their own.
>>
>>50887518
you made a guardsman smile with that one anon
good job!
>>
File: 01-01.jpg (190KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
01-01.jpg
190KB, 800x800px
What are my options for fixing the look of these guys?

Third party head swaps? Conversion jobs?
>>
>>50887483
>That would put them at risk then
I guess I worded that incorrectly. What I mean is, should the loyalty of the Unforgiven ever come into question, the Angels of Atonement believe their deeds should be looked upon as evidence of their loyalty.
>>
>>50887570
third party heads and a few extra gubbins go a very long way
>>
File: Castellan_-_Attack_on_Prospero.jpg (265KB, 998x678px) Image search: [Google]
Castellan_-_Attack_on_Prospero.jpg
265KB, 998x678px
>>50887570
>>
>>50887436
That's one of the "Zombie" automata that stormed Xana during the Incursion, the damage is from Istvaan. Giant zombie marine and robot army rose up, smashed some shit then House Malinax put them down and drove off the attackers.

Apparently an Ordinatus' Machine Spirit is so powerful it mindfucked 7 techmarines when they were trying to hijack it, which is nice.
>>
>>50887553

There's another that I believe sits outside The Unforgiven because they believe themselves to be forgiven, and do their own thing. Pretty sure the DA don't like it, but they otherwise don't go out of their way to fuck them over, since I don't think these successors had anyone in the Inner Circle who knew anything of import.

Basically, they just sired a successor chapter that acts like a normal, Codex-adherent chapter rather than a member of the Unforgiven, so they just leave it alone even if they are suspicious and untrustworthy.
>>
>>50887553
Yep.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Angels_of_Absolution

They still hunt for the Fallen and work closely with the other Unforgiven Chapters.

Afaik their only successor Chapter who are not acting like an extension of the Dark Angels are the Guardians of the Covenant, mostly because they are more monastic by nature and are usually busy killing xenos and looking awesome.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Guardians_of_the_Covenant
>>
File: 1481008507862.jpg (64KB, 960x935px) Image search: [Google]
1481008507862.jpg
64KB, 960x935px
>>50887570
You can't fix what's already perfect.
>>
Okay /tg/, tell me if these ideas are stupid.

I have recently acquired a Wraithknight and a Hemlock Wraithfighter from Christmas. Since I play Chaos Space Marines of Slaaensh, I'm going to be using them as counts-as Daemon Knight and Hell Blade.

I've also been looking to pad out my force of Noise Marines, Raptors, and Chosen with a bunch of Cultists, but the regular Cultist models just suck imo.

I now have the idea to buy a couple of kits of Eldar Guardians/Dark Eldar Kabailites/Wyches and attach Chaos Mutations and various Daemonette bits to them, and run them as heavily-twisted Eldar Cultists in thrall to the Sorcerer Lord of Slaanesh that leads my force.

The fluff-justification for this and the other Eldar units is that the warband (the Apostate Kings) baited a Necrontyr war fleet into attacking a smaller, isolated, "literally who" Craftworld, and after the Craftworld and Necrons reduced each other to like 10% effectiveness and the Necrons fled into the void, the Apostate Kings launched a warband-wide boarding action on the broken Craftworld. They swamped it and corrupted the Infinity Circuit, and slaughtered or enslaved every single Eldar they could find within, and stole and corrupted the Wraith constructs that were left behind. Now, they use half-possessed, insane Eldar warrior-slaves as meat shields, especially against their Eldar kin, because enslaving the Eldar to the will of Slaanesh is increadibly pleasing to the Dark Prince.

Yea, or Nay? Stats would remain identical, it's just the style of models.
>>
File: Chief Librarian Veximandis v3.png (45KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
Chief Librarian Veximandis v3.png
45KB, 201x281px
>>50887599
>What I mean is, should the loyalty of the Unforgiven ever come into question, the Angels of Atonement believe their deeds should be looked upon as evidence of their loyalty.
That makes sense.
>>50887620
I think the AoAs still have an Inner Circle due to being a 2nd Founding chapter.
>>50887622
I'm sure the Lawyer Marines still have their own Inner Circle.
>>
>>50887570
Custom made decal with either Chaika of tasteful ahegao for a face.
>>
>>50887570
FW ones?
>>
>>50887620
You are thinking of the Angels of Absolution, but their got absolbed from their original sin by the Inner Circle itself, so they are still chasing the Fallen and being suspicious and secretive, they are just not emos like the DAs are.

Guardians of the Covenant are more Codex-adherent, they even decorate their vehicles with quotes from the Codex and for the Lion.
>>
>>50887570

toss them and buy castellax
>>
>>50887656
remember, the bulbs on the face "shroud" makes it look like a sad frog
>>
>>50887648
They both have their Inner Circles and parts of the unforgiven, but honestly I doubt the Dark Angels would let any of their successor chapters deviate from that standard. I also doubt any of their successor chapters would mention anything about the deeds (or even the existence) of the Inner Circle and the coordination between the Unforgiven to anyone in the Imperium.
>>
How autistic am I if I name every marine in a 1500pt CSM army?
>>
>>50887682
Are there vappy frogs? I know I've never seen one.
>>
>>50887617
>Zombie automata
Isn't that exactly what's happening with Fires of Cyraxus? Tau invade a Forge World and a bunch of robots ho have lived long enough to go insane start getting in on the shredding?
>>
>>50886638
I just paid American Airlines 15 bucks so I can shitpost from this plane.

We heresy now motherfucker. We heresy now.
>>
>>50887698
>name every marine in a 1500pt CSM army?
if you are playing CSM properly there will only be one marine
>>
>>50887698
Borderline Assburger, Full-Blown Retard if you remember them all from the top of your head by just looking at the model.
>>
>>50887714
>he doesn't know about Traitor Legions
>>
File: Boreal Talon Inner Circle v2.png (39KB, 201x281px) Image search: [Google]
Boreal Talon Inner Circle v2.png
39KB, 201x281px
>>50887692
The Inquisition knows about and are concerned with the DAs and their successors' coordination.
>>50887698
Doesn't sound autistic to me. Sounds like you're bored.
>>
>>50887570
They're pretty good overall, you just need to do something about the ugly head and stupid gun-hands.
>>
>>50887714
Not with Death Guard. T5 Fearless FNP, baby
>>
>>50887723
What if I remember them because I painted the names on the base?
>>
>>50887714
Wrong, there will be 3-5.
>>
>>50887707
Well, that is that the Magi decided to pop open some ancient vaults and let the raegbots out, but pretty much. The Xana II incident was literally zombies though, a bunch of corpses and wrecks meant to be given to the DarkMech as gifts to secure their support for the traitors woke up and went mental, and needed to be literally cut to bits to stop them. luckily, heretek Knights with black hole cannons are pretty good at that.
>>
>>50887743
Option 1, obviously.
>>
>>50887759
I can live with that.
>>
File: images.png (9KB, 184x169px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
9KB, 184x169px
>Still no sign of an IA8 update
>>
>>50887249

Give Dark Mech an option or unit for a Sarcosan Wave Generator. Make it like HH and change the normal FnP (6+) on most Mechanicus units to full FnP to represent their newfound durability. Would proabbly have to be limited to specific units (like disposable murder-servitors) or possibly a Relic a Warlord can take that works on units closer to him.

But, basically, give Dark Mech some creepy alchemy, sorcery, and weird science stuff we already have a bunch of fluff on.
>>
>>50887380
>Angels of Atonement
Check to see if names are already taken, Knotanon.
>>
>>50887723
>enjoying the lore of the game and actually caring about the models you spent hours modelling and painting is assburger/retarded

spot the guy who fields gray plastic taudar
>>
>>50888060
Taken by whom? Another donut steel?
>>
>>50887698
That's actually pretty cool
>>
File: ChaosSpaceMarine.png (18KB, 102x150px) Image search: [Google]
ChaosSpaceMarine.png
18KB, 102x150px
1200 pts of Death Guard CAD

How does this look /tg/?
>>
File: csm_list.png (206KB, 1093x842px) Image search: [Google]
csm_list.png
206KB, 1093x842px
>>50888301
Fuck, I'm dumb, let's try again:

1200 pts of Death Guard CAD

How does this look /tg/?
>>
what did you guys get for christmas?
>BoP
>IG Stormtroopers
>Space Hulk (never expected this)

on the otherhand I lost my grandma, I will purge xenos in her name
>>
>>50886876
A small crusade accidentally sent to an agri world out of a space hulk being eaten by a void whale.
>>
>>50888299
Is there some correlation between the Angels of Absolution and the Angels of Atonement that I'm missing?

Or are you dumb?
>>
>>50888348
I am dumb and cannot read, disregard me.
>>
>>50888333
I ALSO GOT SPACE HULK
>>
>>50888301
>>50888317

I thought you were shitposting the "1 CSM CSM army" meme there for a second.

Why only the two Rhinos? And are you not taking advantage of the glorious T6 FnP bikerlord? Seems like you have so many meltaguns already you would be better suited to swapping out the Oblits for something anti-infantry, and maybe the two CSM squads without Rhinos for glorious Relentless Havocs.
>>
Just got a spess mahreens start collecting set.

What should I paint it as:
Blood Angels
Black Templars
Salamanders
Flesh Tearers
Steel Confessors
Celebrants
or Soul Drinkers?
>>
>>50888379
ULTRAMARINES
>>
>>50888333
Imperial Knight Warden for my Admech, plus a bunch of basing stuff to make my army pretty, and a few paints.

Was going to get an Honoured Imperium statue for my Knight to be standing on, because House Malinax, but I realised I don't know how to paint a good marble statue, so that may have to wait until I have the rest of my WarConvo painted and based nicely, then I can go and pester /WIP/ about it.
>>
Guys how is my Alpha legion list?
>>
>>50888379
>No Raptors or Imperial Fists
Shit taste confirmed
>>
>>50888444
looks great seeing as though their shit
>>
>>50888444
you gonna post a list, dum-dum?
>>
>>50888379
Black Templars.
>>
>>50888444
Perfect. Don't change a thing.
>>
>>50888455
Raptors are gay, if I wanted to play as generic bullshit commandos I would use my catachans
>>50888402
Please pick one from the list, I dont really want to paint smurfs
>>
>>50888379
salamanders because you want to be able to take advantage when vulkan comes back
>>
>>50888481
>generic
fucking kill yourself
>My Catachans
S H I T T A S T E
H
I
T

T
A
S
T
E
>>
>>50888187
By an actual chapter.
>>
>>50888496
>>50888472
Alright one vote for Salamanders and Black Templars each, thanks lads.

>>50888501
they're just space commandos as space marines man. Raptors suck.
>>
>>50888379
Flesh tearers because they're badass and because i like them
>>
>>50888379
Steel Confessors. That way if you get some good old AdMech stuff to ally with, it's fluffy.
>>
>>50888378
>Why only the two Rhinos?
Cause I only own 2 senpai
>And are you not taking advantage of the glorious T6 FnP bikerlord?
I always struggle to find a purpose for a Lord - it always seems like a waste of points, that's why I wanted to go for a DP flying around and blasting shit with flames and psychic powers instead.
>Seems like you have so many meltaguns already you would be better suited to swapping out the Oblits for something anti-infantry, and maybe the two CSM squads without Rhinos for glorious Relentless Havocs.
I was also considering termicide with flamers/meltas, and raptors, also with either flamers, or meltas, pretty much filling the same niche...
>>
>>50888471
someone didn't get the joke
>>
>>50888481
Emperor's Warbringers>Raptors

>>50888501
Nah, they're generic, mate.
>>
I picked up a Stormcloud Attack box form my FLGS because it was only $25 more than a helturkey by itself.
Is the Stormtalon any good as a flyer or should I just put the sprues on ebay?
>>
>>50888501
I know you're memeing but it's really autismal and you should stop
>>
>>50888481
BLOODRAVENS
>>
>>50888539
Seconding.
>>
>>50888592

Another anon, here. I'd do those, myself, but Forge World stopped selling the transfer sheet and I don't want to paint all those little blood-drop ravens by hand.
>>
>>50888539
>>50888597
I've been meaning to get some skitarii so this sounds like a good option, thanks for the input guys.
>>
>>50887570
They best I've found are the ones from Wargame Exclusive. I think the other thing that needs converting is to make the shoulder/pauldrons a little more square. I'd probably take a key from the Contemptor-pattern dreadnoughts and have a brass/gold banding or rim like Mk 3 marine shoulders do.
>>
Why are close combat Tau so much better than generic cheese?
>Breacher in devilfish
>Fusion suits everywhere
>Farsight for, well, Farsight, fusion blades, and Onager
>Ghostkeels skirting the danger zone

Who needs more than 24 inches of range in an army?
>>
>>50888642

What if you took the regular Kastelan head and cut part of it open to make it look like it took a shell to the face, revealing this head piece underneath?
>>
File: 3204161-7932109994-Sangi.jpg (165KB, 823x1162px) Image search: [Google]
3204161-7932109994-Sangi.jpg
165KB, 823x1162px
Do the blood angels really have a secret archeotech city on baal?
>>
>>50888701
is that where they keep Sanguinius in stasis like every other loyalist first founding chapter?

>implying sanguinuis is dead
>>
>>50888655
>No D-Shotgun Stormsurge

That's like the funnest part
>>
>>50888727
But it has long-range secondaries and therefore is shit.

I'd use it anyway.
>>
If an Artillery Unit takes camo netting do the crew benefit or just the gun?
>>
>>50886671
I have no idea what you're on about. Guardsmen are way more annoying to paint because you have about 100 to paint in a good list. You might be retarded because marines are definitely a joke to paint.
>>
>>50888793
Crew as well.
>>
File: Emperor's weebs.jpg (260KB, 1088x789px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor's weebs.jpg
260KB, 1088x789px
What can you tell me about these guys /40k/?
>>
>>50888944
They have a very loose understanding of subtle and that page makes up almost all of their fluff. They are pretty much a blank slate beyond artistic design.
>>
Feels
>mom died in palative care
>going through the garage
>find a fully painted stompa
>turns out she had commissioned it as a Christmas present

I cry when I look at that stompa, I haven't been able to field it yet
>>
>>50888944
it sounds like some lady's custom warbad?
>>
File: Blood Angels - 1470pts.jpg (234KB, 900x1013px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Angels - 1470pts.jpg
234KB, 900x1013px
Playing a 1750 point game against Eldar most likely tomorrow. What do you guys think of this? Not pictured is a Lucius pod for the Death Company Dread, and a Relic Sicaran with sponson heavy bolters and armored ceramite.
>>
>>50888961
Post it mate. And give it a name for your mum.
>>
>>50888995
Its actually an official chapter. They like Dreadnoughts.

>>50888961
I feel with you anon. My dad got cancer and I've been trying to start 40k so we have miniatures to build together.
>>
File: Chaos Space Marines - 1850pts.jpg (290KB, 900x1428px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Space Marines - 1850pts.jpg
290KB, 900x1428px
>>50888996
your formatting confuses me so much.

>>50888471
Heres my actual list if you really wanted to see it.

>captcha: Stop buenos.
What the hell does that mean
>>
>>50887698
It's your hobby anon.
I knew a guy who named each of his death watch Marines in his death watch army (2 years before the book came out). The army was amazing looking
>>
>>50888961
Poor anon. I agree with the other anon, name it. Maybe you can even get a nice little glass case for it.

I will be where you are soon. My mother's MS along with other medical issues are really starting to get to her. Doctors have been saying she will die soon for over 10 years, but I'm starting to finally believe them, she's in real bad shape lately. This Christmas was hard.

Every time I see the Blood Angels units she got me years ago, I start tearing up. It's hard for me to field them because I get sad during the game. When that new Celestine model comes out, I want to get it commissioned to be painted real nice and name it after her. It would be fitting considering how many times she should have died, but managed to come back from it.

>>50889021
Good luck to your dad anon.
>>
>>50887723
Painted any models lately?
Wait silly me. They are all grey plastic.
>>
>>50888944
some australian golden daemon winner's creation
same person went on to found her own miniatures company
>>
>>50888379
DONUT STEEL CHAPTER THAT'S PAINT SCHEME WILL LOOK LIKE SHIT
>>
>>50889129

A lot of the golden daemon winners make no sense. Like some just look straight up better than others but still lose.
>>
>>50888961
Field it anon.
Field it and be thankful for the time you had with her.
>>
>>50889085
Remove Power Weapons from the Champions.
Max out Autocannons on Havocs.
Buy your Lord a Bike (and maybe a Lightning Claw-Powerfist combo and the Sigil). He won't be able to Infiltrate so stick him in one of the Biker Squads. Maybe consolidate the two squads.
Dirge Casters are good with assault-based armies, yours doesn't really look like one.
Also your Cultists have a lot of extra members and bling, aren't you better served with more Havocs or even more bodies for you CSM squads?
>>
Hey friends, what point size should I be fielding in order to get used to my army and rules? I have only played one game with it which oddly enough was just 1214 points. Should I be more around 750 or 1000? Still super new. Spent a chunk of the day reading the rule book
>>
File: havoc launcher with searchlight.png (384KB, 541x404px) Image search: [Google]
havoc launcher with searchlight.png
384KB, 541x404px
Give me the chaospill on havoc launchers.
>>
>>50887570

Just add centurion shoulderpads and they become perfect the way they are.
>>
>>50889237
500 minimum. The rest is up to you/whoever you're playing with.
>>
File: marine male.jpg (37KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
marine male.jpg
37KB, 500x333px
>>50888379
>no one mentioning the best chapter
MARINES
MALEVOLENT

They're the dick dastardly of space marine chapters!
Their chapter colours are that of wasps!
>>
>>50889237
500 is the smallest game you can get going that isn't kill team and gives you plenty of opportunity to learn the rules of your codex, though certain unit selections won't be very ideal for it. Just go with the basic 1 HQ 2 TROOPS + X if you have the points and bam! Instant army, just add water.
>>
File: 1482085789603.gif (799KB, 200x161px) Image search: [Google]
1482085789603.gif
799KB, 200x161px
>>50888718
>implying Sangüinius didn't selflessly gave up his own life to give the Emperor a path to vanquish Horus in the most holy form of martyrdom ever done in his service
I'll hunt you forever
>>
>>50889223
Actually with alpha legion you have 2 chances to put your cultist back into reserves. So a lot of cultist is a great option for them as you can just keep putting them back onto the battlefield. The lord has mindveil to try and walk him up to the cultist squads so that he can hopefully give them reroll 1 to hits. now havocs i know little about and i didn't know if i should just give them 2 each or what.
>>
>>50889129
>same person went on to found her own miniatures company
wow you're right, neat
>>
>>50889277
I'm deciding between them, Sons of Medusa, Deathwing, or Blood Ravens. I just want Dreadnoughts Termies and Drop Pods mainly for my army.
>>
How many people actually play Blood Ravens?
>>
>>50889237
1500 has been memed as the "ideal" points level for some time, supposedly what GW playtests at (>implying). It is my favorite points level, it allows you to have a bunch of toys you enjoy without getting crazy. A lot of people like playing at 2000 but that's ridiculous IMO, the table is just so full of bullshit it makes the game even less tactical than it already is and becomes a shooting gallery.

I'd say it's best to make your army modular, i.e. make your army so that the same basic concept works at all points levels. Make lists for 500, 750, 1000, 1250, 1500, 1750, and 2000. Of course you don't have to go out and get 2k points of models up front, but it's a good goal to work your way up to a painted 2000 points army. From what I've seen between 1500 - 2000 are the most popular points levels but it varies greatly.
>>
>>50889242
They look cool. But as far as functionality goes, rhinos die quickly and the launcher really doesn't do enough damage
>>
>>50887698
Name them all Gary and is ok
>>
>>50889237
My friends and I play at 2000 points because we thought that was standard.
Now I'm curious to Know what every one else plays at.
>>
>>50887220
>plenty of warbikers wich off course you don't have and you will never have
There are people on those board who have 20k points of one army. Don't be doubting what people have in their collections
>>
>>50888944
They were a homebrew chapter from when you were still a baby, but have been spotted in official artwork since that GD contest.
>>
>>50889237
Start at 750, which should be a start collecting box + a little extra. Otherwise just slow grow your army otherwise if you spend too much at once and might burn out. Avoid 1850 point games because that's the usual tournament point value
>>
>>50888944
Look inspired by samurai

I've met Victoria, nice lady, played a game she was designing and she sent me some minis
>>
>>50889446
GW anon?
>>
>>50889446
What game?
>>
People dont actually get autistic about unpainted armies, right?

Id rather just have it all look uniform and grey instead of sloughing on some paint
>>
>>50889491
Locally, no one cares that much for the newer players or for newly-purchased models (of which I fall into both).

On /tg/, yes, people get autistic about *everything*, haven't you noticed?
>>
>>50889491
You paint your army, Anon. I might not get mad, but I will judge you.
>>
>>50889491
Well, you won't get any points in the paintjob section most tourneys have, nor will anyone really enjoy looking at your army and some might even complain that you're lazy, but it makes no difference gameplay-wise.
>>
>>50886598
Why isn't the 7E Space Marine Codex in the OP?
>>
>>50889460
>>50889461

Nah I was with my wife at cancon checking things out. Vic was doing a demo of a game, I was a version of a labyrinth game, the minis have a very cool look to them. Reminded me of the film pans labyrinth.
>>
>>50889491
We don't sperg out, but we do silently judge the shit out of your lazy ass
>>
File: quasi.gif (1MB, 298x227px) Image search: [Google]
quasi.gif
1MB, 298x227px
>>50889491
>Id rather just have it all look uniform and grey
Then paint them to look uniform and grey. Paint two.
>>
>>50889540
I just remembered I met her before that in my early 20s

I had a khorne army full of dudes in rhinos - back when the army had blood rage and would hop out of the rhinos randomly. She marked the painting score at the tournament I was in.

I was such a spare, proud of my shitty paintjob that used too much chestnut ink
>>
>>50887606
that is so 80s it hurts.
looks like the older battletech shit
>>
File: Cult Mechanicus - 850pts.jpg (103KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
Cult Mechanicus - 850pts.jpg
103KB, 900x596px
Is this list fine or are there any serious problems with it?

Not 100% sure on the Icarus Array, though all but 2 lists in my last tourney had some sort of flier so I'm most likely getting some use out of it.
>>
How well will the Start Collecting Tau box do? We're doing a "Battle Brothers" campaign where you can only use a start collecting box. It's 2v2 aswell.
>>
>>50889491
Well considering the only real advantage most tabletop games have over vidya is 1) the models and 2) the IRL social aspect, it seems like a waste of time getting into a hobby in which a major focus is building and painting miniatures, but then not painting them. Many people like playing against painted armies because unpainted looks shit, it's hard to explain but there's a much better feeling when you look at the table and there are two nicely painted armies there. It draws you in. If you are That Guy who has been playing 40k for years and still fields gray plastic/primed bullshit, you may find yourself having less pickup games. Also some tournaments have paint judging, so having a nicely painted army is another chance to win something.
>>
>>50889242
if you hate guard take it on an anti infantry pred.
121pts for a tl-3' blast ins't bad. it's something you squeeze in
>>
>>50889085
Sorry, first time using the online list builder.
>>
Will we ever get an update to some of the Chaos space marine kits? A lot of them seem to be in resin.
>>
Could anyone weigh-in on good AdMech books? Or Techmarine books?
>>
>>50889631
yeah, I was considering a dakkapred with HB sponsons, autocannon, havoc launcher, and maybe even a combi-bolter. warpflame gargoyles if I want to go full retard, although it would be cool to represent this by modelling actual gargoyle statues onto the predator.

I think I'm gonna run a havoc launchers on my 2 rhinos, I have exactly 24 points remaining in my main list and I can just magnetize them on.
>>
>>50889653

Apparently the first two "[NOUN] of Mars" books are pretty good, but that's just what I've heard of them. I have yet to read them. Maybe I'll have to stop by the bookstore and browse their scifi section.
>>
>>50886870
Brace your wrist against the table and practice, you agonizing faggot.
>>
I'm assuming a Sorcerer with a mark cannot get Primaris powers unless they generate everything from their god's discipline? I keep seeing people suggest MoN+Palanquin of Nurgle for Sorcs in a Word Bearers army, but I thought the WBs whole thing was summoning a shitton of daemons with Malefic Powers.
>>
>>50889711
You can swap any power you generate for that school's primaris power,
>>
>>50889711
Fuck me, misread the rulebook, carry on.
>>
>>50889726
Yeah, just saw that. I have no idea why I had assumed that you only got the Primaris power if you only generated powers from that list.
>>
>>50887416
You're wrong and retarded.
>>
>>50889581
Might want some more arc rifles on those Rangers instead of Arquebi, and if you don't then just drop the Arquebi, they're in no way worth 50 points. Also, the Omniscient mask is a waste of points as well, go Pater Radium or nothing. Seeing as you have the Dominus to be Warlord, drop all the upgrades on the 10 man Vanguard alpha and the Arquebi, which saves you 75 points for a min Vanguard squad and some Dunecrawler toys, a Lascannon Balistarii or if you also cut the Arc Pistol, two Taser lance Sydonian Dragoons, which are badass and cheap in points (but not money, sadly). In fact, replacing the Arquebi with a Dragoon and the extra stubber on the Icarus Onager, then swapping the Mask for Pater Radium would make a nice list IMO. If you're running out of two start collecting boxes, maybe just use two Dominus Maniples, seeing as the Domini are brilliant, plus that means you don't have to pad squads with Arquebi, which are seriously rubbish. Against what rangers should be shooting, AKA T3/4 4+ or worse, they're actually a downgrade, since they disallow Rapid Fire.
>>
>>50889736
You probably confused it with the fact that if you only generate powers from the same table, you get the primaris addiontally for free. Psychic Focus, page 22.
>>
File: Imperial Fists - 1850pts.jpg (243KB, 900x1012px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Fists - 1850pts.jpg
243KB, 900x1012px
How'd I do, /tg/?
>>
>>50889774
Yep, that was it.
>>
i just realized that i've started to gain the CSM mindset that everything they get is crappy because im sitting here about to complain that Loyalist get 2 of each weapon in their devastator squads but the havocs only get 1 of each weapons.
>>
File: Shadowseers - 1850pts.jpg (297KB, 900x1316px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowseers - 1850pts.jpg
297KB, 900x1316px
Tinkering with 2 lists - looking for some feedback.

The is the first list.
>>
>>50889177
http://demonwinner.free.fr/australia/2003/golden_demon_winner.php?categorie=7#3rd

http://demonwinner.free.fr/australia/2001/golden_demon_winner.php?categorie=8#1st

She has done some cool shit though.
>>
File: Warlocks - 1850pts.jpg (269KB, 900x1183px) Image search: [Google]
Warlocks - 1850pts.jpg
269KB, 900x1183px
>>50889876

Basically the first list has a slightly less upgraded Vyper (Starcannon, Scatapult) vs. the 2nd has a Bright Lance and Shruiken Cannon.

And then the more obvious part - the first list runs 3 shadowseers - 1 in each harlequin unit, 1 ML2 and the 2nd version runs 6 man Harlequin units with a warlock battle leader in all 3 storm guardians and vaul's wrath.
>>
File: Skitarii - 850pts (1).jpg (106KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
Skitarii - 850pts (1).jpg
106KB, 900x596px
>>50889765
Now that I'm seeing this myself, I do also like this much more. Will have to see about getting a second Dunecrawler and a Dragoon eventually. Sadly can't go double Dominus Maniple, since my store doesn't allow Formation stacking.
>>
File: 1470273883142.gif (484KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
1470273883142.gif
484KB, 500x270px
Looking for mats. I know of F.A.T. mats and there's a few cheap ones I can find, but what are some other mat companies that make decent mats to play 40k on?
>>
What is the best way to strip paints from models?
is there anyway to do it without fucking up plastic and/or super glue. All models are plastic, one has a resin conversion if that matters.
>>
Quick question: Why would you give a CSM a CCW for 2pt/model when they start with a Bolt Pistol (Which the rulebook says works as a CCW) for free?
>>
How do I deal with space Marine cheese as dark eldar?
>>
>>50889957

Because you still don't count as armed with 2 CCWs at that point because your bolt pistol is your CCW.
>>
>>50889957
Two CCW equals an extra attack, and the 'idea' behind it is that they can be jump-pack-less assault marines/raptors
>>
>>50889957

I wouldn't worry, they'll get it for free when 8th Edition comes out next year.
>>
>>50889491

Paint your army fag.

Otherwise what's the point of playing a tabletop game instead of just playing a game like Dawn of War II or whatever?
>>
>>50889985

The unfortunate answer is - depending on what level of cheese - you do not.
>>
so whos the next primarch to wake up in 40k? I bet Russ personally.
>>
File: 1473332562681s.jpg (4KB, 122x125px) Image search: [Google]
1473332562681s.jpg
4KB, 122x125px
>>50889491

Paint your fucking army you goon.
>>
>>50890040

Signs to point to Lion'el Johnson
>>
>>50889985
Ally in craft worlders.
>>
>>50889988
>>50890001
Ah, thanks guys.
>>
File: 1451961225810.jpg (94KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451961225810.jpg
94KB, 960x720px
>>50889785
This list reminds me of 5th edition, in a strange, nostalgic kind of way for some reason. It's not trying to exploit any ridiculous psychic shenanigans, it's not using 10+ formations and detachments, not everyone is mounted on bikes. It's just a simple list where each unit can function quite well on its own.

There is a simple elegance to this list, I can imagine playing this list and not needing to spend 30 minutes explaining what fancy relics the warlord has or needing to roll on 5 different random charts.

Seems like the ideal list for casual pickup games, I'd like to see some combi-melta on those sternguards to delete AV14 but that's about it.
>>
>>50888718
nah sanguinius is super fucking dead, i would be really surprised if they change that
>>
>>50890018
How would you deal with first turn drop pod assaults and spacefurry death stars?
>>
>>50890084

They might have one Blood Angel chimp-out and become a host for him or something so they don't miss out on the fun. Like Karl Franz became a host for Sigmar. I hope they don't because that would be retarded but GW never miss a chance to sell plastic heroin.
>>
>>50889943
typical recommendations are

>superclean
>simple green
>some kind of fairy shit if you're in UK/aus I think
>brake fluid
>acetone (METAL ONLY)

I have never been satisfied with these solutions for plastic GW miniatures, they barely work and take forever if they even do anything after being submerged for weeks. I use non-acetone nail polish remover to strip 40k miniatures, BUT there are caveats.

1) While non-acetone won't instantly melt your plastic models like acetone will, it WILL still melt/soften your models IF you leave it in contact too long. This means no submerging, and not drenching your minis in ethyl acetate for several minutes. What I do is get an empty bowl, another bowl full of water, and a rag. Go outside and put everything on the ground, wear eyeprotection glasses/disposable gloves/clothes you don't give a shit about. Hold your mini over the empty bowl and scrub it with a toothbrush dipped in non-acetone nail polish remover. The empty bowl and eyepro are for the paint splatter that will be slung around by the toothbrush. Do a once over of your miniature with the toothbrush and then dip both in the water bowl. It won't be completely stripped yet. Set it aside and work on another model. Do 2 or 3 cycles of this correctly and you can strip the paint from an infantry squad down to gray plastic in about 10 minutes. Do it incorrectly and you will lose detail and cover your minis in toothbrush scratches.

It's not really ask risky as it sounds, you will be alright as long as you don't leave the stuff on for several minutes/scrub for too long. None of my miniatures have been softened or anything, I tested on a painted sprue and it melted after some long scrubbing. The only time I fucked up was when I first tried it and left my jump pack slaanesh lord submerged for a couple minutes. RIP Lord Vetal ;__;
>>
>>50889985
This is coming from a Marine player.

The way most Marine players play is by going "hurr durr i shoot da grav at u and i roll many dice. oh look, 3s and 6s! vehicle ded nao"

They will mostly just walk up and shoot you. So focus on objectives. Have a clear plan for how you're going to win.

>if Skyhammer

Hide in cover. Incubi would actually be good. Corpsethief claw liable to die to massive amounts of grav.

>If White Scars Gladius

Corpsethief Claw better here since the grav is a little less concentrated and he's just got a shitload of asscannons.

Jetbikes are really fast. Like "cross the table in one turn" fast. Use this.

Your Warriors can shoot while the vehicles jink. Spam poisoned shots at exposed troops to wipe them off objectives.

>Stormlance

More annoying since you have trouble with vehicles. Jetbikes and flyers good. Blaster Scourges also fast enough to pop Rhinos.
>>
>>50890128

Only scrubs use grav on anything that isn't a bike.
>>
>>50890080
I was going for something with a good mix of fluff and crunch. I'm not a fan of taking overwhelming amounts of cheese. Also, I'm glad that it reminded you of 5th edition, since that's when I first started getting into 40k. Thanks for the nostalgia!
>>
>>50890126

I would double check brake fluid on plastic, isn't it strong as fuck?
>>
>>50890128

So in effect your strategy is 'hope your opponent is bad'
>>
>>50890126
>>50890162

Just use 99% Isopropyl Alcohol - works wonders, won't fuck up your models.
>>
>>50889936
Anyone?
>>
>>50890162
yeah I think that's for metal only, never tried it. non-acetone nail polish remover master race.

and of course you should investigate shit like this anyway before you go trying it on your expensive models
>>
>>50890145
>what is grav Skyhammer?

>>50890168
No, it's "outplay your opponent and don't get caught in the trap of just trying to slug it out"
>>
>>50890178
I've tried it, didn't work worth a shit. Comparable to the results of simple green etc. imo

t. non-acetone guy
>>
>>50890181

If you live in North America then FAT Mats are your best bet. If you live in Europe urbanmatz.com make good ones also. They're basically the same as FAT but have different designs.
>>
What's the best weapons to put on Crisis Battlesuits?
>>
>>50890209
Yeah, NA. Is there any other site aside from Tablewar or Warstore to order F.A.T. mats from?
>>
>>50890190

He's playing Dark Eldar, I really don't think grav is his no. 1 problem.
>>
>>50890237
Flamers then?
>>
>>50890190

But you can't stop Skyhammer or a fucking Librarius Conclave in a GravDev star with Dark Eldar. Battle company plays better objectives than you and can still fit in power builds you have no counter to. I mean seriously what are you going to do when GravStar drops in with Relentless and Invisibility? Run away while he ObSecs shit with the rest of his entire army (that can still hurt your stuff reliably and effectively).

>>50890237

Grav hard counters the one good Dark Eldar option which is CTC.

>>50890204

How long did you soak it? I guess if you want the paint stripped in 30 minutes, I just soak over night.
>>
>>50886876
Well since this is clearly a scale of "how much dick do you like in your ass if you play this army", BTs are around 2
>>
>>50890228
Depends what you're fighting, but basically everything except burst cannons is useful.
>>
>>50890244

His big problem is that Dark Eldar are overcosted and underpowered.

Your best tactic is to talk to your opponent and tell him to lay off the cheese for this match.

If I was playing Sisters I wouldn't jump down the cunts throat with 30 free Razorbacks.
>>
>>50890237
Grav is a problem if he's running a talos or chronos.
>>
>>50890265
I'm playing my friend tomorrow. Tau Start Collecting (me) vs Skitarii start collecting. What should I take? His Dunecrawler is what I'm afraid most of.
>>
>>50890231

I think Warstore is the cheapest, btw you can still order from urbanmatz but the shipping is about 27 Euros and will probably take a fortnight.
>>
>>50890228
Personally, I use Plasma Rifles, Fusion Blasters and Missile pods, in that order. I have a Marine-heavy local meta, so AP2 is super helpful, and I use my Crisis suits for anti-tank deep strikes. Missile pods are the generic option that works well.

I have enough S5 fire on vehicles and troops to not need burst cannons, I don't play against hordes to need flamers/AFP, and the cyclic ion blaster's range is just too short for what it is.
>>
>>50890255
several days, in 90% isopropyl. took paint off the flat parts but there was still a shitload in most of the details that wouldn't come off with a brush, and didn't even phase the primer
>>
>>50890286
>>50890301
If that's what you're fielding, take one suit as a fusion suit and the other two as missile pods. The fusion suit can deep strike behind the Dunecrawler and pop it (AP1 for explosion on a 5+), while the missile pods will soften up his ranks and be marginally useful against the sides/back of the crawler.
>>
>>50890302

Don't use 90% - that's the key.
>>
>>50890324
I've never even higher % in stores, and 50% is just water + alcohol so how will that help
>>
File: 40kpepe.jpg (10KB, 235x214px) Image search: [Google]
40kpepe.jpg
10KB, 235x214px
>>50888444
>those digits
BLESSED
L
E
S
S
E
D
>>
>>50890286
If it's vehicles you're worried about, then Plasma, Missiles, and Melta are your best bets. I don't recall the exact AV of a Dunecrawler, but unless it's 14 all of those will work.

The key thing is to not use too wide of a variety of weapons. Ideally you want the whole squad firing at the same thing with two weapons each.
>>
>>50890355

I have no problems getting 99% at my Walgreens.
>>
>>50890384
Crawlers are 12/12/11 I believe. 6+ invuln though.
>>
File: Imperial Fists - 1850pts.jpg (242KB, 900x1012px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Fists - 1850pts.jpg
242KB, 900x1012px
Ok, I made some slight changes to hopefully improve my list. I took the Melta off the Storm because I feel that it'll get got before it can get in useful melta range. I also took the melta bombs off the Tac Sarges. With the points I freed up, managed to get another two combi-meltas on the Drop Pod Vet Squad.
>>
>>50890411
Hmm...in that case I would personally go with Missile Pods, though that's just my preference for range and weight of fire. Fusion blasters could easily drop behind and blow it up in one shot, but that's not really that fun for anyone.
>>
>>50890084

Sanguinius was, save for Magnus, the most psychically powerful Primarchs. He's left numerous artifacts behind that still function with magical ability despite supposedly being dead: his sword still knows true sons of Sanguinius from false ones, burning all save those who carry his blood and even moving on its own. He's left behind the Sanguinor, who is some kind of psychic BLood Angel echo who is like a mix between Legion of the Damned and Saint Celestine, and there's all those psychic chalices that ever flow with his blood.

Basically, Sanguinius is pretty easy to justify coming back. Unlike more mundane Primarchs, he had a huge psychic presence that likely has not gone away, although it's just as likely all the Primarchs will be returning in some form or another.

Fuck, I have no interest in Blood Angels and I'd buy the shit out of a Sanguinius model.
>>
Anyone know where I can find a good guide for painting metalics , specifically lustrous gold? I want to gold plate my robots.
>>
>>50890382
but the alpha legion follows no god so what do i get?
>>
>>50890509
i just hope they do his glorious hair the justice it deserves along with his wings
>>
What kind of cases do you guys use? I'm looking at getting a Feldherr Medium 36+Tanks and Monsters but although the promo images show a land raider the measurements don't seem to add up.
I'm looking to transport
1x Land Raider
1x Maulerfiend
2x Rhino
4x Terminator
1x Terminator Sorcerer
10x CSM
3x Obliterators
3x Bikes

If a large case is what's suggested I'd like to carry my Start collecting Seraphon w/ Terradon Riders and Starpriest too but don't really care if I can't
>>
Just started a tau army last week by buying the starter pack. What should I buy next ?
Never played 40k before or any warhammer game, no bully.
>>
>>50890565

>leaked images of Sanguinius's marvelous mop
https://youtu.be/cvYe1-Wg_MI
>>
>>50890594
You could pick up the Tau battleforce if you have money to blow. Gets you a wide variety of good models.
>>
>>50890594
>2 ripetides and storm surges :^)
On a serious note how do you want to play your tau?
>>
File: Emperor_VS_Horus.jpg (504KB, 1600x1169px) Image search: [Google]
Emperor_VS_Horus.jpg
504KB, 1600x1169px
So it's the time.

The final battle between father and son. Creator and created. Master of all mankind, and Warmaster lord of darkness.

The Emperor stands before Horus, and Horus him, blades brandished, Sanguinius at their feet.

What song plays /tg/?
>>
Anyone have the email of a good chinaman for IG? Need to do a bulk buy of about 400 cadians plus tanks..
>>
>>50890594

Do you have the Codex? I find it best to make a 1000 points list, get it proofread and then buy the stuff, otherwise you'll go out of controlling buying every cool looking model that takes your fancy.
>>
>>50890509
Nuh-uh, Angron was
>>
>>50890644
its slow but the lyrics match the scene i feel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2U0Ivkn2Ds
>>
>>50890633
Don't know. I just pick them because I like the design and I could use the color scheme from my Jehuty.
I have a fire strike team, 3 crisis and an ethereal. I think range is more my style but I can't know for sure.
>>
>>50890644
Rockit by Herbie Hancock
>>
>>50890644
https://youtu.be/7W8EU9HykoI
>>
>>50890644
The Last Stand, Sabaton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB3H05OhVDI
>>
>>50890644

Benny Hill theme.
>>
>>50890706
Do you want to use huge suits or do you want to have a gunline that will stop anything that even looks at your troops the wrong way?
>>
>>50890644
https://youtu.be/fpHbXjK7Y6I
>>
>>50890666
I will try what you suggest since I have the codex
>>
>>50890706
Figure out if you like Fire Warriors or Crisis suits more, and then lean towards whichever direction. Aside from that, you can never have too many drones.
>>
>>50890644

https://youtu.be/a7RBOW1NqHw
>>
Looking at getting back into the hobby, haven't played since 5e came around and have a bunch of weeb Tau shit I'm going to get rid of. I'm trying to keep costs down reasonably but when I looked at IG prices I just about crapped my pants, what armies apart from muhreens are reasonably wallet friendly?
>>
So my best way to deal with space Marines is to stay mobile to avoid the cheese.
>>
File: Orks - 750pts.jpg (145KB, 887x715px) Image search: [Google]
Orks - 750pts.jpg
145KB, 887x715px
I'm new to the game and am picking up a start collecting box tomorrow. How is this list? Is it even legal? I just picked stuff that looked cool. I kinda wanna put some gretchins in just because they look like fun. My meta is incredibly casual and not cheesy, so I'm not looking to win constantly with this list.
>>
>>50890799

GK and daemons can be cheap in that you only need to buy a few models to have a cheesy army.

dreadknights and daemon princes.
>>
>>50890799

Necrons are alright, mechanised Guard can be relatively cheap and Grey Knights (if you didn't include them in SM). These are unfortunately the only ones that come close to SM.
>>
>>50890834
Needs one more unit of troops.
>>
>>50890834

I don't know much about Orks but to make it 'legal' (or so your troops get the objective secured special rule) you need another squad of boys.
>>
>>50890644
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtIdUgdQvAo

The reason for such a simple sad little tune is because at the end of the day this battle of gods and for the universe and the soul of all mankind boils down to father and son.

The battle between horus and the emperor wasn't about victory over evil, it was the death of humanity's aspirations and dreams to settling for survival instead of an age of glorious enlightenment and progress.
>>
>>50890834
>>50890862
Doesn't need to be boyz, you can fill it in with that gretchin unit you mentioned.
>>
>>50890873
>>50890866
>>50890862
What would you guys recommend I remove and add? I'm trying to keep it relatively cheap.
>>
>>50890882

You may as well aim for 1000 points. That's a more standard size that 8-900.
>>
Been looking around a few recast sites and checking them out and it all seems a bit dodgy. I'm not asking for any contact details or anything it's fucking easy to get that. I just want some anons opinions on who made the best shit and was easy to deal with. Coolcastornot is apparently quite good.
>>
Why the heck does invisibility make things untargetable by blast weapons, the weapons that should be able to hit things with invisibility?
>>
>>50890902
I only have a budget of about 140 bucks. 750 is more reasonable to achieve than 1000 at that budget for me.
>>
>>50890905
If you can't see them to target them, how do you hit them? Where do you know to shoot?
>>
>>50890919

I guess if I had to I would drop the Nobz. They're cool but they'll get blown to pieces without any transport.
>>
>>50889085
No don't max out the autocannons, that's retard
Keep heavy/special weapons at 2 and put them in a rhino
>>
>>50889491
>People dont actually get autistic about unpainted armies, right?

I do

it shows you dont care about a hobby you invested hundreds of dollars into
>>
>>50890905

They're untargetable but if the template lands over them it will still hit them.
>>
I wish I could bring myself to play Orks. It must be so nice being able to buy childerens toys, add spiky shit and guns then paint them. I just don't enjoy Orks.
>>
>>50890951
im so fucking confused im getting so many mixed signals on what to do with this list. Someone explain to me why i should do one of over the other.
>>
File: Castellax a shit.png (64KB, 600x118px) Image search: [Google]
Castellax a shit.png
64KB, 600x118px
>>50887659
>castellax
We have a heretek around here
>>
>>50890956
This
>Spend upwards of a thousand dollars on an army
>Lol painting is hard
>Everyone has to look at your ugly plastic shit

I don't ask everyone to drop 3 hours on Guardsman but fuck man at least make it look passable.
>>
>>50890904
MI is best quality and most consistent. She's expensive though.
>>
>>50889242

It's dogshit, that's the truth unfortunately.

Luckily it's unique to traitors, so expect it to get a buff in the future.
>>
>>50890931
The same way you can shoot them with a gun, or blast them with flamers during overwatch.

It really is silly and it'd be better off if you could shell or burn the general area where you know an invisible unit to be.
>>
>>50890644
Hey macarana
>>
>>50890834
Get an extra squad of grots
Give a nob to all the squads who can take them
Give the trukk to the meganobz
Don't mix special weapons on the dread, give it two scorchas or something
Nob squads are best equipped with 'eavy armour, big choppas and shootas but that's just my opinion. Don't use them in a nob squad, use the models as squad leaders for boyz squads and such.
>>
>>50890956
>>50891001

I think having stuff on the table unpainted is acceptable.

Having stuff unpainted for months, with no intention of ever painting it, is not.
>>
>>50890977
Havocs on foot and out in the open are just going to die and waste a ton of points, having 5 with 4 heavy weapons guarantees that you'll start bleeding points the second anything even looks at them, whoever told you to max out the autocannons was trolling or just retarded. You take 2 weapons, because a rhino only has 2 fire points, and you need the fucking rhino.
>>
>>50891015
That song's about a cheating slut taking it both ends from sailors. Why?
>>
>>50891028
Seems perfectly fitting based on that description. Sangy is a slut, Horus is cheating, marines were involved, and everyone got screwed.
>>
>>50891023
okay since they can fire out of the top does that mean they can hit a unit in any direction around the rhino.
>>
>>50891052
Not bad.
>>
>>50891054
Yeah. They pop out the top hatch, and 2 marines can shoot. Thus 2 heavy weapons are ideal there, since they can use the Rhino as a sort of bunker while they mow things down.

The only time you should really go for 4 weapons is with special weapons like Melta, but even then you'd still want a Rhino to deliver them.
>>
>>50890977
Maxing out the heavy weapons on foot in minimum squads is the most points EFFICANT way of getting firepower.

Two shooting out of a rhino, using it as a bunker, is the most RELIABLE way of getting firepower in your army because they're much harder to remove from the table before they've done their job.

Efficacy vs reliability.
>>
>>50888317
For tweaks, I'd swap Burning Brand for Pandemic Staff on the DP. You get a 2+ poison flamer instead of an AP 3 one but it beefs your melee up to S8, AP2 still, Concussive with what is effective shred against T7 and lower and 2+ to wound against T8 and higher. Same points cost.

More broadly I'm not a fan of going for a CAD rather than the Vectorium. You're leaving a lot of power on the table, particularly when all you're really getting is easier access to Obliterators. DG Havocs are so fantastic I don't think you should leave home without them. This is particularly true given that a 36 pt. Spawn of Nurgle counts as an auxiliary choice.
>>
>>50890961
Hoping your template will scatter a specific way is even more unreliable than hoping it won't scatter at all.

Also, if they're playing a death Star, there is no other unit to target.
>>
File: Orks - 750pts (1).jpg (122KB, 900x568px) Image search: [Google]
Orks - 750pts (1).jpg
122KB, 900x568px
>>50891020
How is this? I did the best with what I had.
>>
>>50889526
It is. Second link. It's so old it's only a pdf scan.
>>
File: 3306819-mephiston+5th.png (1MB, 648x872px) Image search: [Google]
3306819-mephiston+5th.png
1MB, 648x872px
>>50890117
Mephiston did had primarch stats back in 5th, he was a power house on its own, he was only lacking a true primarch WS, BS, A and probably a few stats more.
>>
File: Telion.jpg (28KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Telion.jpg
28KB, 600x620px
How hard do you think it would it be to remove the Ultrasmurf symbols from the Telion model? Pic Related.
>>
>>50891080
i think ill take reliability in this case as it seems better to have them get to the target they are going to shoot rather than them being able to maybe kill it a bit better.
>>
>>50891023
>whoever told you to max out the autocannons was trolling or just retarded. You take 2 weapons, because a rhino only has 2 fire points, and you need the fucking rhino.

lelwut

literally everyone who takes devastators or their CSM counterpart has always taken max heavies. devs are consider subpar for the very fact that they die so easily, but it's STILL better than the waste of points that is taking 5 in a rhino with 2 heavy weapons. I have literally never seen anyone do this in years of 40k, because it's so dumb. paying 130 points for 4 autocannon shots is grand stupid my man. it's comparable to a dreadnought, but even dreadnoughts are better

are you that newfag who posted the khorne list with chosen in rhinos with 2 specials trying out some kind of Socratic shitposting so that people will berate you with good advice? if so, you could have just asked, it's equally effective in these threads
>>
>>50889085
I got you senpai

1. Remove power weapons from chosen champions, they should stay in rhinos unless forced out and shoot their plasmas out of it, do not fucking leave the rhino, ever. Doing so is helping your enemy. If they ever get in combat, you fucked up somehow, and they're screwed regardless. No reason to put a failsafe power weapon in there in case they get in combat, because that should not be your plan.

2. Remove the dirge casters from the rhinos, assault is garbage in 7th and those are not going to make the difference. You should not be assaulting.

3. Give the biker champions combi-metlas and melta bombs. Only thing you should assault is vehicles, and only if your meltas didn't do their job.

4. Put some spare bodies on the bikers. If they take any wounds, you'll start losing special weapons, and we're talking 50 points a model dropping.

5. The Lost and the Damned is not a strong formation. If you're playing kill points this will cost you games. Cultists are not good. You could have 5 million cultists and still not be able to kill things in this game like wraithknights or riptides. Their only use is to camp objectives and going to ground with fearless for good cover saves. They don't do anything else. At all. You already have objec secured troops.

6. Pick some legion rules, black legion would let you take chosen as troops and not have to use CSM.

7. You should probably have at least 1 unit that can do well in assaults, preferably mobile. Put your lord on a bike or give him a jump pack with some raptors or something. You need to do something with your lord, he's too expensive to just sit in a metal box doing nothing all game.
>>
File: turn army.png (6KB, 120x90px) Image search: [Google]
turn army.png
6KB, 120x90px
going to a local tourney as orkz, i have no illusions of grandeur but here's the list i'll be bringing, meks are going to ride in the gork n morkanaut
>>
>>50891159
Hahahah yer a grot and so's your Waaagh!!!
>>
File: Orks - 1500pts.jpg (177KB, 900x768px) Image search: [Google]
Orks - 1500pts.jpg
177KB, 900x768px
>>50891159
shit one sec wrong image somehow
>>
What's the easiest way to get hold of a friendly Chinaman? I don't want to have to suck some Ledditors cock to get a referral.
>>
>>50891171
holy fug, do you really have 120 grots anon?
>>
>>50891152
bloodofkittens.com
look at the winning tournament lists
Everything you just said is ass backwards
Learn2competitive you casual fag
>>
>>50891147

I see three. How good are you with a hobby knife? I think it's certainly possible. The laurel might prove a bit more stubborn, and take a bit more work, though. Greenstuff where you cut too deep or replace the symbols if need be, although transfers over the flat surfaces would be easiest, if you need to replace the symbols at all.

What do you intend to do with him?
>>
>>50891108
Outside a few nit-picks not worth mentioning, looks pretty solid for an Ork army.
Decent anti-infantry fire power in the lootas and shoota boyz, decent ap2 firepower on the dread, boyz and storm boyz to pile in and the boss to crush people in combat.
>>
>>50891156
i chose the alpha legion and thank you for all your advice.
>>
Hi, picking a team to start playing but it's kind of confusing.

Which teams are playable on their own and which ones are supposed to be added to things? (Im super confused sorry)
>>
>>50891200
Team?
>>
>>50891205
Faction? Idk?
>>
>>50891189
I'm the Imperial Fists poster. I hope to use him as the grizzled scout sergeant of my squad, since he has a bolter (so it fits WYSIWYG) and the model looks great. Luckily the laurel design just has a skull in the middle, no "U" so I think I'll leave that be. Might have to practice my hobby knife skills while I wait for him to arrive, though.
>>
>>50891187
>bloodofkittens.com

lel that site is terrible, l have read plenty of the reviews of CSM units there from when the dex first dropped in 2012, and basically everything there is considered bullshit. it's 1d4chan tier advice, again, you're showing your newfag

>look at winning tournament lists
post a link to any netlists that have run five devs with 2 heavies in a rhino
>>
>>50891171
Swap a mek for a little mek and the looters for a second squad of kans and I can very easily see this being a WAAGH! Gaz formation.

They'd call it the mad mek grot shop or something and anons would bitch they didn't allow grot tanks.
>>
>>50891215
Yeah, Faction.

Ally Factions are:

Inquisition
Millitarum Tempestus
Assassins
Knights
Harlequins

Skitarii and Cult Mechanicus can be fielded seperately, but they really shine when you combine them, so look at them as basically the same faction.
>>
>>50891197
Alpha legion is probably the strongest legion, infiltrating plasmas into your opponents face and lighting them up turn 1 is pretty brutal. Don't get too focused on the cultists, however infiltrate gives them the option of being an assault unit with no other purpose than to get enemy units in assault so that they cannot shoot. Use them to tie up things. This won't work against good players who hide in metal boxes, but against a footslogging list would.
>>
>>50891215
It's just 200 points of any one faction so any codex you fancy.
>>
>>50891248
Saying that professional wargamers have no idea what they're doing
At tournaments with large prize pools

Yeah bro you're better than all of them, I'm sure
>>
>>50891274
He's not talking about kill team, he called the factions teams.
>>
>>50891290
Sorry Im new, what are they called?
>>
>>50891248
That's a loaded challenge
They don't use Devs, they use Dev Centurions
When they use Devs, they use them 2 heavys in a rhino
The ONLY time they run max heavy weapon devs is in a drop pod, and it's grav cannons.

I can tell you didn't even bother looking at the lists. Fucking pleb. Stay ignorant, but stop giving people bad advice.
>>
>>50891286
What "professional wargamers" are you talking about? Where are the links to winning lists with 2 heavy havocs in rhinos? How long have you been playing 40k?

again, for comparison, you can take a dread for the same output and price. the dreadnought is still better, despite dreads themselves being shit
>>
>>50891260
>is probably the strongest legion
Eh. I think it's hard to pick a winner between Alpha Legion, Death Guard, and World Eaters at the moment.
>>
>>50891231

Cut slowly and not so deeply, you don't want the knife to slip and fuck up your fingers. Also, cut away from yourself.

When you're shaving down the details, drag the knife backwards at a shallow angle across the rough spots. Kind of hard to explain without an image... Like you would sweep with a broom, the edge of the broom's bristles being the knife's edge, the flat blade dragging across the plastic.
>>
>>50891313
You just call them factions, really.
>>
>>50891325
The world eaters formation that everyone is loving on only lets you move 2d6 before the game

>Be you
>Play World Eaters
>Oh boy this gun be good
>Roll snake eyes
>"Oh"
>>
>>50891255
Harlies work as a solo faction and have just enough units/unit variety to make it work.

They're not a good army mind you but I would consider them more than a ally only codex.
>>
File: russian evidence.png (84KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
russian evidence.png
84KB, 600x587px
>>50891317
>>50891286
all these claims and no proofs. hello 1d4chan writers.
>>
>>50891328
>Cut away from yourself

I will still never understand how people can cut accurately away from themselves.

I just cut towards myself and accept the occasional cut. Makes me tough and scarred.
>>
>>50891328
Aight, thanks for the advice. I'll try to practice on some of my spare bits.
>>
>>50891340
When you could have just infiltrated kek
>>
>>50891357

You know, neither can I. Maybe someday I'll figure it out, but until then I'm going to parrot this advice in the hopes that someone figures it out for themselves or tells me how.
>>
>>50891340
You roll per unit. There's literally no way to roll snake eyes on a dozen different melee capable units, make a decent fucking list.
>>
>>50891356
http://bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Frankie-Giampapa-4th-Overall-Adepticon-2016.pdf

2 heavy weapons, in rhinos
it's not hard to follow the link I posted earlier and find this shit out for yourself
>>
File: Space Wolves - 1540pts.jpg (168KB, 900x906px) Image search: [Google]
Space Wolves - 1540pts.jpg
168KB, 900x906px
r8 my anti BT list before the lorefags come out to shitpost at night
>>
>>50891389
>grav cannons

wew lad. this has already been addressed. and I already knew this list anyway.

now show me where people take havocs with autocannons in rhinos.
>>
>>50891325
Death guard became the strongest, no challenge in my mind. Getting fearless, relentless AND FnP for free is just too good and that's on top of having the best mark.
>>
>>50891383
There literally is a way, do you not understand probability? On average it's only going to be an additional seven inches anyways. Wew.
>>
>>50891383
It's chaos the best they do is decent

But how to exploit this? Assault is still garbo, and a free 2d6 move still doesn't compare to 500 points free models in the form of transports. Still lackluster compared to loyalists. Sad
>>
File: r8.png (237KB, 899x483px) Image search: [Google]
r8.png
237KB, 899x483px
R8?
>>
>>50891412
Suck my dick, I've made my point, I've provided the evidence, I'm not going to spoon feed you info just to educate your dumbass, and even if I did, you'd make another dumbass strawman argument. I'm done.
>>
>>50891432
b8?
>>
>>50891432

8/8 M8.
>>
>>50891340
You roll per unit. You also include Talisman of Burning Blood, which along with Blood Mad and a fast unit gives you absurd turn one threat. WE armies can count on jamming some of their army into your face on turn one with the rest on turn two. It's far more reliable than you're suggesting.

What keeps it from being absurd is that it's not null deploy and sometimes goes second.
>>
>>50891453
Since assault sucks shouldn't you just use this to get plasmas in their face early?
>>
>>50891412
>moving the goal post
Hello, someone not worth talking to! So you do think you know better than professional 40k players?

How about you just knock off all the cuck shit and go back to /pol/?
>>
File: dude.png (444KB, 603x491px) Image search: [Google]
dude.png
444KB, 603x491px
>>50891432
>>
>>50891187
>>50891023
Worth mentioning that the math on this changes for Death Guard. You should always be maxing them out on Autocannons.
>>
File: 1467815789735.png (547KB, 635x640px) Image search: [Google]
1467815789735.png
547KB, 635x640px
>>50891412
>Asking for tournament lists for chaos
>Wat
>>
>>50891432
Kek/10

Would that actually work? Or would it get annihilated by enemy anti tank?
>>
>>50891463
>Since assault sucks
Mass T1 assault doesn't suck. See GSC.

And if short ranged firefights is your goal you're better off playing Alpha Legion or Death Guard. Also good armies.
>>
>>50891447
>he mad

but why, we're all friends here. anyway you're still wrong, but I will say that my wording was probably confusing since I used havocs/devs/etc interchangeably. Yes, everybody knows about grav weapon cheese obviously, but you are being the type of idiot who copies netlists without understanding how they work, and trying to mimic them with other units. 2 autocannons in a rhino is in no way comparable to 2 grav cannons. You can already take (better) dreads with 2 autocannons, which are still bad. 130 points for havocs in a rhino with 2 autocannons is like taking an even shittier dreadnought, why would you do this? Historically people have maxed out weapons on havoc squads, and even devastators before grav cheese.
>>
File: Orks - 2000pts.jpg (224KB, 900x956px) Image search: [Google]
Orks - 2000pts.jpg
224KB, 900x956px
in a month theres going to be a 2000 point tourney at my flgs

what do you guys think of my orky flying circus meme list? i still have to paint three of the damn planes, but ill have it done
>>
>>50891447
Good, fuck off, your ideas on the game are shit.
The idea of putting heavy weapons in rhinos is shit even if putting the most overpowered SALVO weapon is not.
>>
>>50891407
r8 me fagggots
>>
>>50891511
oh god, you know all those stormboyz come down in one blob right?

I give it a meme/10 though, i dunno what the fuck i'd do against a list that flier heavy
>>
>>50891511
How to build an ork flyer army

>Go to Amazon
>Order 10 MIG-15 kits for fuck all cash
>Make them orky

So easy.
>>
>>50891548
three of my planes are ww1 biplanes that i've orkified
>>
>>50891510
>>50891517
samefagging
>>
>>50891563
Mind sharing?
>>
File: not samefag.png (40KB, 391x156px) Image search: [Google]
not samefag.png
40KB, 391x156px
>>50891567
nope, just two dudes calling out your bullshit
>>
File: 1465158727367.jpg (90KB, 489x379px) Image search: [Google]
1465158727367.jpg
90KB, 489x379px
>>50891537
Go fucking die you fucking furry/10
>>
>>50891510
Why are you so hung up on autocannons?

Put plasmas on the devs, 2 in a rhino.
Put lascannons on the devs, 2 in a rhino.
>>
New thread

>>50891587
>>50891587
>>
File: Vanquish Her.jpg (91KB, 900x413px) Image search: [Google]
Vanquish Her.jpg
91KB, 900x413px
>>50891432
Ready to go, boss.
>>
>>50891592
because that's retarded

the entire reason to do it with gravcannons is because 2 gravcannons stand on their own for the points. 2 autocannons do not. for the most part, neither do two specials, although a lot depends on many other contexts/variables so that can be good.
>>
>>50891260
i thought it was kinda fluffy since Alpha legion are known for starting insurrection under the imperiums nose. So a ton of cultist sounds like a great idea. I'm not really focused on winning i just want to run fluffy lists that are some what decent. Probably why my other army is BA.
>>
>>50891447
It's not as cut and dried for non-Grav weapons. Particularly since Autocannons are dirt cheap compared to Grav and don't really demand Rhinos for repositioning like Grav does.

It think you can potentially argue that shooting from Rhinos is still better, but pointing to Grav Dev loadouts is only tangentially relevant evidence and certainly not a smoking gun.
>>
File: (You).png (34KB, 391x156px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
34KB, 391x156px
>>50891584
That proves nothing.
>>
File: 1481386176814.jpg (69KB, 650x625px) Image search: [Google]
1481386176814.jpg
69KB, 650x625px
>>50891625
>2 specials in a rhino not good
>heresy
>>
>>50891660
yeah man, you're right. I'm photoshopping shit now to win an internet argument

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbBX6aEzEz8&app=desktop
>>
>>50891673
Not even the same guy. It just doesn't prove anything to post that picture.
>>
File: 30a.jpg (59KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
30a.jpg
59KB, 600x450px
>>50891673
>>
>>50891537
hey fag fix the formatting and maybe i would
>>
>>50891539
i mean waht are you going to do against 90 storm boyz landing in front of your face?
>>
>>50891724
shoot the fuck out of it, probably
>>
>>50891407
>>50891537

I'd help, but I have no experience playing 1534 point games.
>>
I've got a question about AM/IG.
Can you run infantry squads as a troop choice or do they need to be in a platoon.

I've got 4x Squads and 1x CCS atm
>>
Is Genestealer Cults its own army?
>>
>>50892233
They have to be a platoon. Veterans are what you take for small squads.

>>50892265
Yes.
>>
>>50892233
Like the other anon said, you need them to be in Platoons. However, there is a special formation from the Start Collecting Astra Militarum box that allows you take 1 Leman Russ, 1 Infantry Squad and 1 Commissar. Outside of that, Infantry Squads are always in Platoons.
>>
These kastelan robots look fucking stupid, how do I make these things look like they fit into 40k?
>>
>>50891122
Actually he had +1 WS/Initiative, and only 1 less in BS when compared to Lorgar. Lorgar does offer some more army buffs, but in a bare naked fistfight 5E Mephiston could probably take him.
>>
>>50892482
ADD SPIKY BITZ LOTS OF ORK DAKKA WAKKA FO-FAKKA TO EM, MAYBE A SPACE MARINE ROBE AND A BIG FUCKING SIGN ON YOUR BACK CALLIN YOU A DUMB HOMO.
>>
Are harlequins going to get more support like a HQ or whatever?

Im picking a new army and I want to do entirely harlequins but I dont really know anything...
Thread posts: 436
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.