[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My group was not able to get together in time for a Christmas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: hanukkah-card.jpg (555KB, 2025x1414px) Image search: [Google]
hanukkah-card.jpg
555KB, 2025x1414px
My group was not able to get together in time for a Christmas Special, so I'm planning on doing a Hanukkah special instead.

My current outline is:

>Temple has magical lightning that has been lit for eight thousand years without fuel
>It's gone out
>Players need to figure out why

What kinds of Hanukkah-ey things can I put in it to give it a better sense of following the holiday?
>>
>>50877260

>Temple has magical lightning that has been lit for eight thousand years without fuel
>It's gone out
>Players need to figure out why

Because no one gave it fuel for eight thousand years, duh.
>>
>>50877260
Epic 4chan memes about Jews

Oh sorry, I thought you asked "what are people going to post in this thread".

I don't know anything about Hanukkah except you can also spell it chanukah, sorry.
>>
>>50877289
That's the point. Their god did it, now it's not working.

>>50877300
I hope not. Jewish Culture is actually pretty cool, from what I know about it.

Great food too.
>>
>>50877260
>campaign is Iron Gods
>Magical lightning is actually discharge from an ancient nuclear space engine
>Somewhere down in the dungeon below, a terrible tall-Goblin known as the Gree-ontch has learned to redirect the power back into what he wants, starting to charge his Super Luminal Electrical Input Gun (and Holster) that will destroy the entire town when charged
I'd play it.
>>
>>50877260
Having a trivial knowledge of Kabalistic theology and Jewish angelogy is a pretty good idea.

Basically, if you can make your campaign look like Evangelion without all the giant robots, it's Jewish enough.
>>
Dybbuks and golems are the most prominent monsters in Jewish myth, they and some angelic types would be easy to adapt
>>
>>50877260
Well, the story of Hannukah has the temple being low on oil because of fighting during the Maccabean Rebellion leading to the temple being despoiled. All of the oil available was either spilled by looting or rendered spiritually impure. But they found one jug that was sealed with the signet of a high priest from the time of Samuel, and therefore it was pure. So you could play with that, say that the lights have gone out due to the gods' disfavor after a recent war, and the party has to find some ancient relic to reconsecrate the temple with.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.