[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Traveling from one universe from another gets you either

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

>Traveling from one universe from another gets you either nerfed or buffed to fit in with it more depending on what's the average power level.
>The bbeg is flat out immune to this, his one weakness being how overcautious he is.

What are the best ways that you can fully capitalize on this sort of concept for a multisetting campaign without him coming off as a coward?
>>
Lots of high risk/high reward scenarios that someone who's really desperate would leap at, but someone with a natural degree of risk aversion and no immediate need to win now would balk at. Just make it clear how risky the scenario really is and how desperate the players are, and they'll leap in head-first while fully acknowledging they're doing it because they need to.
>>
>>50874937
How would that even big a thing? Jumping from universe to universe has to be thebultimate cowardice
>>
>>50874937
My MnM 3e BBEG is pretty much the exact opposite of this: The PCs are pretty much having to jump from their universes to another to GET AWAY from the BBEG.
>>
>>50875505
>cowardice
Honor doesn't stop steel
>>
Play him as a genius tactician. Reveal some of your player's wins or losses as mere movements in his multiverse spanning chess game.

If you think he's being a coward, you've fallen for his gambit.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>50874937
Finds an extremely weak world where he can dominate. He uses his supremacy there to train that world's greatest warriors and sends them out as lieutenants. Kung-fu-cult-master.
>>
>>50876106

Because he stays there even if they try to retuning and depose him they would become weak again on entry, as would the heroes when they came for him. That's kinda perfect.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.