[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ Shadowrun General - Deck the Halls With Boughs of C4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 379
Thread images: 34

File: Christmas Card.jpg (27KB, 441x283px)
Christmas Card.jpg
27KB, 441x283px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Chestnut Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Secret Z-O North Pole Host...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>50846192
>Trim_The_Trees.trid
>Caroling.sklchp
>EVO_Elf_On_Shelf_Breeding_Logs.sim
>Naughty_List.hack

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: h0h 0h0 (100% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Then I said, "I'm Jewish, bitch" and pulled the trigger.'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running ExtractMrsClausAndHerNaughtyElfettes.BTL...

Your fixer comes to you with two competing jobs. One Johnson, a real straight-laced Confederate, wants you to intercept a free spirit that keeps breaking into executives' homes and leaving fossil fuels; capture is preferred, but termination is acceptable. The other, a Continental professional criminal, wants you to go to break into Renraku Plaza and help him secure the vault; should be an easy job, security is light and there's definitely no off-duty Firewatch guys flying in for the party.

You need the work unless you want to be sold for scrap before New Year's. Which do you do?
>>
Question about Alchemy!
If I choose a contact trigger for Levitate spell. Who is in control of the levitation? Me or the guy who touch the preparation?

From my understanding, touching activate the spell, and the spell choose the nearest visible creature as its target. But other stuff is still the same, so I am still the one who control the target levitation?
>>
>>50873610
An actual spirit of Christmas is finally out and about? I'll take my chances at Renraku.
>>
>>50873981
Ditto, I can't Imagine what Santa Claus' Force would be but it's definitely going to be north of 12, if he isn't an outright mentor spirit.
>>
>>50873981
>>50874122
There's more than one Spirit of each Phenomenon, you pussies.
Plus, he'd likely be a Wild Spirit instead.

That being said, Free Spirits aren't my cup of soycaf.
I agree, Renraku.
>>
File: Siren.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Siren.pdf
1B, 486x500px
So for fun I've been trying to make a siren/mermaid type character and would like to present it to see if this is at all workable.
>>
I started my players on their Christmas run last week.
Their Johnson is a KE detective who has no faith at all in the cops assigned to a case, so she hired the group to solve it instead.
Kids have started going missing, a total of 8 over the past couple of weeks, and the latest one was a dwarf boy. All of the children have had presents left behind wherever they were taken from.
They go to the dwarf kid's house, and the Decker hacks into the security cameras they have over the doors, to see the boy leaving the house late the previous night, following a robotic Santa. Then they check the box that got left on his bed(the present, a new trid projector, was confiscated by KE), and find a scratched-off label indicating the box came from a mall in the area.

Then the Decker checks locations of malls in the area, as well as where all the other kids lived, and finds a mall conveniently located directly in the middle of them. They head there, and find it abandoned. Session ended with them going in.

The robo-Santa is a Juggernaught being controlled by an AI, and it has an army of smaller drones dressed like elves.
Also, Santa has a grenade launcher, made to look like an ornament cannon a la Dead Rising 4.
>>
>>50874337
Also, we're finishing this run tomorrow(probably).
>>
>Friends in High Places (Grid Overwatch Division)

Possible? I mean, assuming your GM doesn't instantly slap you for it.
>>
>>50873957
Yes, you're still the one in control.
>>
As the resident system master/autist of my group, I am being tapped to help out with two player's characters for an upcoming shadowrun game. Problem is, aside from knowing that initiative is king and therefore wired reflexes (or an equivalent) are really good, I know very little about it. What would you guys suggest for a human adept focusing on guns and an orc street sam focusing on melee combat, both using sum-to-10 generation?
>>
File: 1446935560963.jpg (191KB, 743x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1446935560963.jpg
191KB, 743x1074px
>>50873957
Entirely unofficial houserule we use in these situations; if the alchemist is within LOS, they can assert control over the spell, because it's still tied to them astrally. If not, control goes to the person who activates it.
>>
>>50874478
There are qualities for being on GOD's shitlist, so I don't see why not.
>>
If I want my cyber-cowboy to have a robo-horse, do I get a faster horse by adding walker mode to a motorcycle, or by adding a seat to a quadropedal walker drone?
>>
File: 1470335986163.jpg (477KB, 838x1313px) Image search: [Google]
1470335986163.jpg
477KB, 838x1313px
>>50874482
I would suggest reading the pastebin, there's various bits of advice there.

12 is baseline die pool (attribute+skill) for your primary skill, 10 for secondary stuff, 6-8 for stuff you do occasionally that you still want a couple hits for. The adept will end up getting bigger pools than the street sam, but the latter should end up being more flexible with all the 'ware; specialization vs. variety.

Melee can work provided the sammy remembers gofast is key; you want to be in combat as often as possible, or you're going to get shot to death while waving your swords across the room. Partial Cyberlegs with Skimmers or rollerskates are the way to go, and some decent armour (north of 12) to see him safely there.
>>
File: Christmas Drinks.jpg (46KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
Christmas Drinks.jpg
46KB, 500x330px
>>50873981
>>50874122
>>50874151
>implying it's actually Santa/a Christmas spirit
>implying it's not some F4 bitch that's trading on human fears and preconceptions to get away with it
>implying you don't want a down-home Southern Christmas with a spirit's hide mounted above the fireplace

Just get some astral powder and ghost that bitch
>>
>>50874544
the guy with the rifle in the back disgusts me
>>
>>50874511
Either way I don't think you'll be happy with the outcome, and will be stuck with a speed of 1
>>
>>50874602
Secondary Propusion (Walker) gives him Speed 1, yeah.

On the other hand, grabbing a legged drone big enough for the Increased Seating mod could get him a Cheetah with 1 seat.

That said, I'd personally go the motorcycle route. Only break out the legs when in need of traversing extremely crazy terrain (or trying to make a fucking rad entrance) and have it be a horse-styled motorcycle when you actually need to go far and fast.
>>
>>50874480
>>50874487
Thanks! Deliverying preparing via crossbow bolt is going to be so much fun!
>>
>>50874993
You can't delivery alchemy through ammunition, by RAW.
>>
>>50874993
Just be forewarned that Alchemy is turboshit.
>>
>>50873610

hey boys, getting into shadowrun for the first time and building my first Street Sami(and probably a few extra before hand to get an idea of how generation works before I start committing), and I was wondering if I could get a run down of what books are important for building a sami. Obviously the core book, Run Faster, and Chrome Flesh, but I'm really not sure beyond that. Any advice?
>>
>>50875422
Run and Gun for weapon options
>>
>>50875422
Run & Gun
>>
File: 1359564429686.png (34KB, 190x196px) Image search: [Google]
1359564429686.png
34KB, 190x196px
>reading idoru hunched over my laptop in a train at night with Neotokyo's OST on
I know cyberpunk isn't supposed to be comfy but that was realy comfy.
Merry christmas /srg/.
>>
>>50875422
Don't forget your Code of Honor. That's what separates a street SAM from a street psycho.
>>
>>50875141
Hard Target (and I believe the faqs too) said you can do it with arrow and bolt, just not with bullets.
>>
>>50875603

you mean the quality? Yeah, it looks like a solid choice, but depends what race I end up going. I'm split between Dwarf and Nartaki right now. If I go with Nartaki then Code of Honour is a given, if I go Dwarf then I'll probably go with a character who's more lax and free. not more lethal, but not as restricted about when he can be lethal.
>>
>>50875671
Then you're not a Street Sam. You're nothing more than a Razorboy.
>>
>>50874993
Keep in mind that Alchemy shouldn't be your primary method of casting, even using bows and bolts. (Guns can't be used which is what >>50875141 is probably thinking of. Hard Targets has more but, the short of it is that you're using one of the best ways if you are going to use Alchemy.)

Now, my suggestion is to cheese things in two ways. One, learn a few emergency spells that you can go for max safe force, use no reagents, and thus waste nothing but a few hours (on them and others). Some suggesions for this include Stabalize, Armor or Deflection, [Elemental] Aura, and the like. On the other hand, occasionally prepare some alchemy using forces high enough to risk physical, but use reagents to keep it from becoming physical.

This will certainly waste reagents on more than one occasion, so keep some hunting grounds for reagents. Perhaps ask if that can be a benefit for the Home Ground quality.

It won't be great, but it'll get you a little more use out of Alchemy than most.
>>
Can you add mods to a custom cyberweapon?
>>
>>50875689

Can't I have a personal code like "not killing anyone unnecessary" that wouldn't work with the Warrior's Code because it doesn't functionally limit you? That sounds like a pretty solid warriors code to me, because it means not going out of my way to kill security grunts, while a Warrior's Code prohibiting harming the helpless would allow that rampant murder.
>>
>>50875717
Then you can make your own Code of Honor. Heck, there's Avenging Angel in Hard Targets which sounds like what you're looking for.
>>
>>50875717
Ignore that guy. You do not have to have the quality to be a sammie, just a functioning moral compass
>>
Yekka, Restricted Gear at character creation is broken.
>>
>>50875760
Fuck off.
>>
>>50875743

No I get that, I read the rules and understood them, this isn't my first rodeo with vaguely worded powers, but I don't think not killing unnecessary people is a big enough restriction to qualify for the quality. It's just a roleplaying restriction.

>>50875783

I'll be honest, I already didn't give a fuck what you thought when you were saying "if you don't play this exact way you're not playing RIGHT" but it's good to see it confirmed.
>>
>>50875810
I don't think you do. 'Fact, I know so. You're just another moron.
>>
>>50875694
My character main thing is manipulation spell. Alchemy things is just for fun (currently only have armor, levitate and physical wall as alchemy spell). So no worry there.

Just trying to find a fun combo for future use. Maybe a bolt with elemental wall...?
>>
File: smug1.jpg (13KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
smug1.jpg
13KB, 300x169px
>>50875824

man, name calling already? How dissapointing.
>>
>>50875769
That's interesting. Show me the file?
>>
>>50875942
Not even a file to show there. All I did was load up karma gen, grab restricted gear+claymore (then tried it out with a pain editor) and test validity.
>>
>>50875156
Only if you don't know how to use it.

To be fair, it is shit on like 80% of the spell, but pretty amazing on the rest. Since it is sustaining itself, you can spam Armor, Improved Invisibility and Increase Attribute on everyone in your team.
>>
So.. as a magician...
I can have a force 1 spell focus (4000 nuyen), bond with it for 2 karma cost.

Then spend my edge to push the limit before casting Increase Attribute [will power] on it? That seems pretty cheap when it's potentially +4 to +5 increase in my Drain resisting attribute.
>>
>>50876115
I'm assuming you're talking about having a sustaining focus hold the spell for you. If so, you probably still have to cast the spell at Force 1 or it's all academic and you can only cast Improve Attribute spells at a Force equal to or exceeding the corresponding attribute's current (augmented) value. I'm not sure you'd want to risk a base Willpower of 1, though you might be able to take some kind of drugs to temporarily suppress it if you really wanna try this particular stunt.
>>
>>50876360
> you can only cast Improve Attribute spells at a Force equal to or exceeding
>exceeding
Aaannnd I'm an idiot, ignore me.
>>
>>50876392
...wait, no, I think I might have had it the first time? Fml, I should just call it a night and go to sleep.
>>
>>50876392
>>50876416
Haha thanks! ...I guess I could use it on my 1 STR though...
>>
What would you call a Dragon with a Resonance instead of a Magic rating?
Dare I say... Technodragon?
>>
>>50876852

Wouldn't that have to be a drake though? Dragons are old as shit.
>>
>>50876852
An impossibility?
>>
>>50876925
>>50876976
It could be a baby dragon.
>>
>>50876988

ah yes

that thing that happens like

once every thousand fucking years

so very likely.
>>
>>50876988
Resonance doesn't interact with the physical realm. Dragons require magic for their bodies to function. Since Resonance is not a viable substitute for magic in that regard, the dragon cannot exist.
>>
>>50877085
I find the idea of the digital world being non-physical deeply ridiculous. Everything that happens in a computer happens physically at some level.
>>
>>50876852
Dra-c0der
>>
File: Cyberpunk XI.jpg (105KB, 772x600px)
Cyberpunk XI.jpg
105KB, 772x600px
I want to run a 5e campaign I'm starting to plan in a UCAS city that isn't Seattle. Are there any particularly well developed ones in terms of gangs and such? I thought about Boston, but I'm not a fan of the whole Lockdown thing and info for the city outside the lockdown is pretty sparse.
>>
>>50877112
And? That's a device, not the Resonance. Every single technomancer action can only be performed on a Matrix-active device.
>>50877313
New York had a series of missions you can mine for fluff.
>>
>>50877372
Hey, Yekka, is there something I'm missing? Whenever I try and put a character in Career mode, it registers an item I have as being too high in availability despite it being covered with Restricted Gear, which I have.

The item in question doesn't seem to matter, I've tried it with different things
>>
>>50877416
What version are you on? I fixed the only issue I know of with restricted gear a while back, which was that if you had child items attached to the thing, it flagged the parent as being over availability.
>>
>>50877437

I last updated, like, two days ago
>>
>>50877460
Hrm. Upload the character file for me?
>>
>>50877372
Cool, I'll look into New York.
Is there anything on Detroit? Playing in a version of Detroit that is somehow less crapsack than the real world version despite being in a literal cyberpunk future is weirdly appealing but the wiki doesn't seem to have much on it
>>
>>50877554
It happens across multiple characters. I've got three different people using Restricted Gear, and all three I've had to just turn off meeting character requirements/turn up avail limit to get it to let it through.
>>
>>50877372
So does has Resonance actually turned the Internet into some magical incoporeal space? Because as it is everything that you see presented on a computer screen or in VR is a result of very real and tangible stuff going on in the hardware.

I don't see a fundamental difference between a technomancer and a Mage, except that resonance comes from computers somehow and magic comes from living things.
>>
What's the best general use motorcycle? From core or any supplements.
>>
>>50877599
Resonance is to the internet as astral is to the physical world.
>>
>>50877793
Dodge Scoot.
>>
>>50877855
But the internet is in the physical world. It's not seperate at all.
>>
>>50877876
The Astral is the magical projection of most of the physical world. The Resonance is the magical projection of the parts of the physical world that are electronic devices.
>>
>>50877867
Too OP
>>
>>50877926
What's so special about electronics? They're made of the same stuff as the rest of reality.
>>
>>50877946
Cumulative emotional connection from billions of sentient beings? Some arbitrary tipping point of complexity where a large enough network of electronic impulses and radio signals starts to resonate with reality in some new and strange way? It being the home of an entirely new kind of digital sentient being that has unwittingly created it's own magical realm to mirror the astral with physical entities? Fuck if I know, man. It's a mystery.
>>
>>50877946
Could ask the same thing about magic coming from living beings but with any fictional setting involving magic you eventually reach a point where the only answer is the axiom of "magic works this way because thats how it works in this world"
>>
what's the biggest amount of cheese you can get out of a character at chargen (established runner, any of the chargen systems)

i've heard and seen some silly thing but i want to know what's the most powergamed stuff you've seen rolled up
>>
File: Iron Bull.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Iron Bull.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50879276
I don't know if this counts, but I did this up as an exercise to see how much armour I could cram on to one character.
>>
> A traditional style bow can be designed to
be collapsible, requiring a Complex Action to assemble.

Anyone know how big would the bow be when you collapse? I'm thinking ~the same size as collapsible scythe (and giving the same concealment modifier)
>>
File: Little Sparrow.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Little Sparrow.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50879276
Also, I'm kind of proud of this one, could be more min-maxed by being a gun-bunny, but I think I did a good job of blending two normally incompatible elements of cyberlimbs and adept to squeeze the most power I can out of this character.
>>
Quick spellcasting question: if I roll for force 12, using all 12 of my dice, and only get 6 hits, is it still a force 12 or force 6 spell? It's either not clear or I have poorer reading comprehension than usual.
>>
>>50877585
Not much that's recent; Target UCAS has the largest section of fluff, pretty much everything else is throwaway references.
>>50879572
Still a Force 12 spell.
>>
>>50879496
Not the guy you're replying to but i read through this one the other night when it was first posted and I >REALLY< like the idea of a 4x cyberlimb burnout adept.
>>
>>50879604
It compliments nicely, adept's weaker areas are boosting stats and armour which cyberlimbs do well, and the adept makes it easier to boost initiative and skills which is kind of the weakness of the cyberlimb build, even though with this one I've opted to forego improved ability in favour of more interesting options.
>>
>>50879276
31 dice in Animal Handling (Squirrels) and Animal Training (Squirrels)
>>
>>50880059
Okay, but why?
>>
>>50880152
I don't understand the question.
>>
>>50879276
for sheer lulz and 'i swear you can't start with a t-bird' factor, i'm always a fan of Han Yolo

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=29452
>>
>>50880152
sometimes your GM goes full meta, and makes an evil dictator mystic-adept wearing distinctive green milspec power armor....
>>
Why can't I infect a technomancer with HMMV in chummer (using version 5.188.79)?

Specifically, if i use karmagen, I can take infected first and then throw techno on top, but can't infect someone who's already a techno. Obviously that means I can't have techno ghouls in prio or campaign mode.
>>
>>50880513
Why would you want to? You can't have magic and resonance at the same time.
>>
>>50880543
Well, it seems perfectly logical that being a techno should not make you immune to being scratched by a ghoul.

So what happens with a techno who gets infected? Is it automatic death sentence? Does he suddenly lose resonance? Does universe explode?
>>
>>50880590
They lose all their resonance, gain a point of magic and convert all their resonance active skills to knowledge skills. I never figured out a clean way to implement it all, so I shelved it.
>>
>>50879689
Do you think I could apply some of the ideas from "Little Sparrow" to a mystic adept rather than just a physad? Or is that stretching too far.
>>
>>50880600
Are the mechanics mentioned somewhere?
Because I kinda skimmed through SR5 and DT and could not find anything on the subject at the first glance. The only thing I could find are possessed technos in SG, but that's pretty different.
>>
>>50880626
>Infection and Resonance
>RF page 142
>>
>>50876852
>What would you call a Dragon with a Resonance instead of a Magic rating?
What would you call a human made out of tachyons and dark matter?

Dragons are made out of magic. They're pure magic. If something has a Resonance rating, it's by definition not a dragon - anymore or ever.
>>
>>50877313
Chicago's always a fun place, especially now that the quarantine's been lifted and Zoners are starting to cause problems for the city at large.
>>
>>50877585
>Is there anything on Detroit?
Detroit is 100% Ares and a significant amount Mafia. 90% of the corporate runs offered in Detroit are one branch of Ares hiring you to run against another branch of Ares for internal reasons and 90% of the crime runs will be either for or against the Mafia.

http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Detroit
>Site of the global headquarters for Ares Macrotechnology, parent company of Knight Errant Security Services, Detroit is prosperous and one of the safest cities in the UCAS. It is held up as a model of balanced civic and corporate governance, with a mere two percent unemployment rate according to the 2070 census.
>>
>>50877793
General use, as in you're mostly using it for commuting and not for driving under fire or whatever?

The Suzuki Mirage.
>>
Newbie here, I'm confused by the book acronym.

Which one is SSA and which one is SSP??
>>
>>50881364
>What would you call a human made out of tachyons and dark matter?
A dark matter human.
>>
>>50881403
>not using the Suzuki Mirage all day everyday for everything you do
>>
>>50881663
Hovering over it should show the full name
>>
What's a good priority for an Adept Decker?
What powers should I be looking at?
>>
>>50881977
The Mirage, being a lightweight racing bike, gets rekt in extremely short order when subjected to gunfire.
>>
>>50882160
>not dodging
>>
>>50882056
>What powers should I be looking at?
Improved Ability (Hacking) for sure. You should be able to pick up +4 from that as long as you took the Quality that lets you start at Skill 7.

Aside from that, it depends on what kind of hacker you want to be. Improved Reflexes lets you have loads of actions for AR-based hacking or returning fire. Commanding Voice lets you get all manner of access through social interactions. Astral Perception combined with Matrix Perception turns you into THE joint-casing guy.
>>
>>50882179
AR-based hacking, for sure. Astral perception definitely seems like a good one, but I think it might be better to hold off on that until initiation. What kinda priority should I have for that? Do I need to worry about any 'ware at all?
>The Quality that lets you start at skill 7
Which one would that be?
>>
>>50882056
>>50882179
See if your GM will let you take a custom mentor spirit that provides you with an additional +2 to hacking.

>>50882208
>Astral perception definitely seems like a good one, but I think it might be better to hold off on that until initiation.
Do it at chargen or never. You need to invest in the Assensing skill in order to employ it, and trying to get a skill from 0 to 5+ during play is prohibitively expensive. If you have to save something for post-Initiation, you can save some Improved Reflexes for that.

>Which one would that be?
Aptitude. Lets you start at Skill 7 at chargen, and increases your skill maximum from 12 to 13. Since Improved Ability lets you get 1/2 rounded up, that increases the chargen maximum for that from 3 to 4 too.

I'd call it very worth it if you're trying to minmax your Hacking - which, if you're playing an Adept Decker, you probably are.
>>
>>50882249
Nice. What other qualities should I be grabbing off the bat?
>>
Am I dumb for taking internal router?
It just seems really good to have my cybernetics wireless bonuses without wireless.
That and it is retarded to have systems in the same body need a wireless signal to talk to each other.
>>
>>50882280
Yes.
Internal Router is pure laziness on CGL's part for not just plain editing wireless bonuses properly and it's ludicrously expensive. Just ask your GM to have everything slaved to your commlink or whatever.
>>
>>50882279
Codeslinger, for a flat +2 to a specific matrix action. In your case, Hack on the Fly.

Between those two, that's 24 out of 25 Quality points allocated, so you're done.
>>
>>50882280
It means you'll never get scenes/plots where your shit gets hacked. If you're not interested in that kind of a scene, it's good to take. If you are interested in that kind of scene, it's bad to take.

Think less about what's a powerful option and more about what kind of scenes you'd like to see your character in, because certain types of 'ware open or close those doors to you.
>>
>>50882349
Alright.
But one question remains, what sort of priority should I have?
At the moment it's E human C Attributes/Skills/Magic and A resources.
>>
>>50882372
Can't answer that one. Futz around allocating points and see what ends up clicking into place. Adjust accordingly.

Personally, though, I'd try to spring for at least Attributes B. That jump from 16 to 20 is a lot more attractive than the +2s you've been getting for each Priority up to that point. C's barely worth it compared to D, I feel, when you take into account the opportunity cost, whereas going from C to B actually gets you a lot.
>>
File: 1482473374393.jpg (305KB, 1309x824px) Image search: [Google]
1482473374393.jpg
305KB, 1309x824px
When was the last time your runners bought an entire goddamn roll of stimpatches?
>>
Is it okay for someone aiming for four cyberlimbs to save cyberlegs for post-chargen?

Assuming yes, what should their agility/reaction/strength loadout look like in the meanwhile? Is it okay if they're all at 3 if I have body pumped up to 5 and have synaptic boosters giving an extra +2 to reaction, for example?
>>
How would you feel if, instead of being paid the agreed amount of nuyen, you got paidin gold dubloons?
>>
>>50882938
There's absolutely no reason to enhance your cyberlegs' Strength, but you'll want to max out Agility as well as picking up Skimmers, Hydraulic Jacks, and Armor.
>>
>>50883239
>no reason
What about running? That takes strength.
But okay, so that's all decent and fine. Good to know.
>>
>>50874482
>>50874544 gives good advice but I'd also suggest advising caution around them making a magician or hacker for their first play through unless they're invested in the game because the amount of rules one has to learn (outside the normal ones) to play these is really high. Try to keep to the core rulebook and maybe run faster to keep them from getting overwhelmed by all the options available to them.
>>
Cutting aside the pandering, how much should genderchange -really- cut down on your essence level? I'm thinking at least a 1.
>>
File: 59568984_p0.png (803KB, 1221x1500px) Image search: [Google]
59568984_p0.png
803KB, 1221x1500px
Would a bunnygirl have a tail representable by any SURGE quality or should I just say "she has a bunny tail" and leave it at that?
>>
>>50883524

isn't getting another gender's it detailed in one of the books? I think it's really low. Like less than 0.5 essence.
>>
>>50883627
I just said 'cutting aside the pandering'. I'm ignoring CGL's stupid /cgl/-tier pandering to trannies where it costs no essence whatsoever.
>>
>>50883647
4e had it as ESS 0.3 AVAIL 6 COST 20000
>>
>>50883647
If the whole point of essence is sense of self or soul or whatever the fuck it is, then wouldn't becoming what you see yourself as not use essence?
>>
In Chummer, how do I add a custom accessory? I think I need to edit some xml files, just not sure which one or where to put it
>>
>>50883647

Getting a full arm/leg replacement costs a full point of essence; just adding a little bit dangling between your legs or carving out a space for an artificial muscle hole in no way should cost that much.

I mean, maybe if you're going whole hog and adding in the stuff for a fully functional womb, or having real balls attached, you could get it up a bit higher, but you're not adding enough stuff to justify a full point of essence lost.
>>
Chummer is letting me put a rating 4 Radar Sensor in a sensor array. I want to see through walls, so I'm thinking about stuffing it into a cyberlimb so I'm not locked into a starting armor.

Is this rules-legal? It still costs ¥16,000 and 4 capacity at availability 12, but no essence since it's using capacity instead. It's from chrome flesh if you're curious.
>>
>>50883675
Too low.

>>50883803
Nope, it's full on sex change.
>>
Is using an NPC Technomancer instead of a Decker to handwave away the matrix going too far?
>>
>>50883647
>I'm ignoring CGL's stupid /cgl/-tier pandering to trannies where it costs no essence whatsoever.
Anon, why do you feel that, exactly?
All things told, the rationale behind essence loss was the soul being unable to recognize the body due to parts of it being lopped off, the intrinsic connection of meat to sense of self degrading.
Why would a sex change, which does not interrupt the mental sense of self connection, but rather actualizes it for that individual, cause an essence loss, outside your personal ideologue?
>>
>>50884042
Because it does, you stupid tumblrite.
>>
>>50884059
Your buzzwords aside, kindly elaborate.
This isn't /v/, and it's not /pol/, if you feel a certain way and someone asks why, at least pretend you can put your opinion into rational words, ok?
>>
>>50884042
It's not parts being lopped off, as adding things on adds to the essence loss.
If losing limbs was the issue, then you'd lose Essence for getting an arm or leg blown off from a grenade.
>>
Yekka, is there any way to decouple negative metagenetic qualities as-paid-for-in-SURGE and negative metagenetic qualities as negative qualities in Chummer?
>>
As a drone rigger, is it better to have a swarm of easily replaceable drones, or one big, bad, super-awesome drone you pour all your love into?
>>
So I grabbed Shadowrun Dragonfall on steam for dirt cheap and loved the hell out of it. Grabbed Hong Kong on recommendation for also dirt cheap.

I've been told that Shadowrun Returns is the weakest of the three. Should I get it or is it a waste of time?
>>
>>50884246
depends on your playstyle
both are possible, just different fields
swarm is useful for surveilance and (when kitted out with a machine gun) suppressive fire
single drones are good as a secondary sammy and to keep you safe

>captcha: pelol keep out
>>
>>50884267

It'll feel pretty primitive after playing the other two. The story is the weakest of the three and the combat/decking just isn't as fun as Hong Kong. I wouldn't say it's a bad game, it's just, kinda. mediocre.

If you like the setting of Shadowrun then I would say 'pick it up'; it does capture the feeling of the setting well. Otherwise it isn't really necessary.
>>
>>50884320
That mediocrity is what set Dragonfall and Hong Kong. Especially the directors cuts, up for succes though.
>>
What would you guys recommend as far as cyberware goes for a 5-essence physadept? Adept powers are centered around going fast and being stupidly good with pistols, so I'm thinking the 'ware should be quality of life stuff.

Currently my list is as follows:
Implanted light pistol with external clip (0.35)
Datajack (0.1)
Balance Augmenter (0.1)
Rating 3 Cybereyes (0.4)
Cybereyes have flare comp, low-light vision, thermographic vision, and a smartlink.

Dunno if I wanna keep the cybergun or just get a beretta with a hidden arm slide.
>>
>>50884664
Why datajack and implanted pistol?

I'd recommend you to take Muscle Toner 4 instead
>>
>>50884841
Datajack is so I don't need trodes, which are a lot easier to remove if things go south. Implanted pistol is a concealable weapon, but like I said swapping it out for a normal pistol with a hidden arm slide might be better.

Muscle toner looks good, but you can only get rating 2 at chargen, and I can't fit it into the 1 point of essence with my other augs, even if I drop everything but the eyes.
>>
>>50884890
>so I don't need trodes
what would you need trodes for?
>>
>>50884664
Muscle toner is kind of a must friendo.
>>
>>50884028
Kinda if you have no idea what a technomancer does and how they do it. Not impossible though. Read up on their general role and how thy use their powers and you wil be fine.
>>
>>50883599
Vestigal tail would cover it I think, or you can get a cosmetic biosculpt tail added.
>>
>>50884028
http://shadowrun.com/forums/discussion/comment/181431/#Comment_181431

Every day until you like it
>>
>>50883278
The Running skill uses Strength, but it's a really shitty skill compared to just maxing Agility. With the Agility 9 from your legs, you're looking at 36m per turn. With Running only adding 2m per hit to that (1m if you're a dwarf or troll) it's just not worth investing in to the same extent.
>>
>>50883758
Essence has nothing to do with your soul. It's your body's magical life force. Altering yourself from baseline disrupts that, regardless of its positive or negative effect on your psyche.
>>
>>50883524
There is no way, politics aside, you should be inflicting a whole point of essence for something that a) cosmetic b) going to be bioware/gene therapy. If anything it should cost 0.2essence at most. If your genital redesign costs as much essence as a fucking cyberlimb then you have made that horsecock too big.
>>
>>50885031
Eh, I don't think bunnies have balance issues with their tails. Simply saying they have a tail that doesn't really do much seems like it'd be enough cover it.
>>
>>50885085
Unless it happens because of an accident for some reason.
>>
>>50880610
The issue there is that cutting your magic makes you a really shitty spellcaster and makes all your spells damp squibs. I think I theorycrafted it into being functional at prime runner level, but I've never played at that power level so I can't swear it would work. Basically Mystic adepts are already spread pretty thin, trying to add another layer of complexity and they just fall apart. You might be able to make a "Fist of God" approach, where you just take one tricked out cyberarm and use it to do all your fighting, work though.
>>
>>50884933
A DNI, what else? Maybe I don't want to have to pay attention to my commlink to communicate with my team during a firefight.

>>50884937
No, I get that it's stupid good, but I can only get Rating 2 right now, and even that puts me 14k in the hole.
>>
>>50884171
Not him, but I thought that was the case.
>>
>>50885208
Gat it anyway, and get 1 rank of Attribute Boost: Agility for +4 AGI at will whenever you want.
>>
>>50880600
Well you'd basically destroy the character by doing that, so there's really no need. Your Technomancer gets ghoulded and you're making a new character.
>>
>>50885208
>DNI
why not just subvocal microphone and earbuds?
silent, concealed, and doesn't hurt your essence in the slightest
>>
>>50885241
You're missing the main problems with getting muscle toner:

1. Can only get rating 2 at chargen due to availability restrictions. That's not a huge deal, but . . .
2. I only have 50k nuyen. Even if I put 10 karma toward extra nuyen, that leaves me with 6k for literally everything else, which simply isn't enough.

>>50885259
That's an option I guess. Is a DNI really not worth it? Hell, lets cut to the chase; what would you recommend a 5 essence adept buy?
>>
>>50885325
I'd recommend the character get back that missing point of essence. Make your life easier and just keep the character natty.
>>
>>50885325
If you are using Omegaware rules, you can get it for 48k, rating 2. 72k for rating 3.

Just a thought from someone paying no attention to the conversation
>>
>>50885325
Leave some room and get the toner during gameplay then.
>>
>>50885325
If you just want to communicate with your team? Pretty much
>>
>>50885389
I dunno, that +2 smartlink looks really tasty.

>>50885395
Nope, sticking as close as possible to the core book since we're all pretty new. Some things from other sourcebooks, like martial arts, available on a case-by-case basis.

>>50885405
That's an option.

>>50885406
Good to know. I don't plan on doing any matrix shit, and if I have to there are always trodes.
>>
>>50885325
Gun-toting adept?

Rating 2 muscle toner, Datajeck, Smartlink (or Eyes with Smartlink) and Reflex Recorder for your favorit gun skill. That leaves you .2 essence to play with if you want anything else.
>>
>>50885431
If you want to you can post your char sheet here so we can look over it
>>
>>50885462
I can get better resources and swing that, maybe.

>>50885470
Still working on it in chummer, honestly.
>>
>>50885598
>Still working on it
in which case you can still post the current version so we can look over it, see if you should replace something and give suggestions
>>
>>50885112
Before I go too far down this rabbit hole (pun intended) Is the character actually a SURGE? or is the goal just a bunny-girl?
>>
>>50885688
SURGE, for the whole proper sorta-natural(that's a stickler point for me) bunnygirl package.
>>
>>50885645
Using sum-to-10 generation, can't remember what I picked but everything is legal so far:

Human
Bod 4, Agi 6, Rea 5, Str 2, Cha 2, Int 4, Log 2, Wil 3, Edg 4, Mag 5

Qualities: Acrobatic Defender, Daredevil, Natural Athlete
N. Qualities: Allergy (mild, pollution), Poor self control (thrill seeker), Prejudiced (biased, police forces)

Skills: Threw 2 points into the stealth group because I could. Other skills:
Ettiquette 4 (total dice 6)
First Aid 2 (4)
Gymnastics 2 (12)
Perception 6 (10)
Pistols 6 (15)
Running 6 (10)
Unarmed Combat 4 (12)

Martial Arts: Parkour (Bending the Reed is the only technique known)

Adept Powers:
Attribute Boost 1 (Agility)
Enhanced Accuracy (Pistols)
Flexibility
Improved Reflexes 2
Mystic Armor 2
Nimble Fingers
Wall Running

'Ware:
Balance Augmenter
Cybereyes 2 (Flare Comp, Low-Light, Smartlink, Thermographic)
Datajack
Muscle Toner 2
Reflex Recorder (Pistols)

That's as far as I've got. 20 Karma and 39k nuyen left.
>>
File: image.jpg (151KB, 1600x1055px)
image.jpg
151KB, 1600x1055px
Is there any reason ever to use an assault cannon?
>>
>>50885706
Right, well I'm not sure what positive qualities you'll be taking, but I'd suggest you still consider vestigial Tail simply because 5e (I'm assuming) just doesn't have that many negative SURGE qualities and you might need it to make up the difference, even if the penalty doesn't make that much sense a bunny's tail is the literal definition of a vestigial tail.
>>
>>50883776
Reasking this, but clarifying that I'm talking about a weapon accessory.
>>
>>50885828
Not really.
>>
>>50885844
>bunny's tail is the literal definition of a vestigial tail
Not so.

http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/3405/20130808/rabbits-distinct-white-tails-provide-evolutionary-advantage.htm

It's a tail with a specific purpose.
>>
>>50885828
Is there any reason ever to not use an assault cannon?
>>
>>50885828
If you need to ask the question, you will never understand.
>>
>>50885828

Cyber-zombies. Vehicular combat. Dragons. Anything you need very, very dead where MORE BOOLET is a poor solution.
>>
>>50885939
>Dragons
Might as well raise up a fleet of cars. Not even Lofwyr can survive that (admittedly according to 4e but depending on your GM it could work even in 5e).
>>
>>50885904
Okay, but will it serve that purpose for said bunny-girl?
>>
>>50886019
It draws attention to the bunny's butt and distracts the attention of those that would harm her.
>>
>>50886019
Probably not, but as said, I don't really see the need or purpose to attach a mechanical penalty to it when there's no real reason for it(aside from possibly having no choice but to do it).
>>
>>50886035
Woah, lewd!
>>
>>50885804
Addendum: Should be 3 edge rather than 4. Forgot to edit that once I started reducing my essence.
>>
>Slamm-0 in Street Legends
>Anthro Drake in Howling Shadows
What other total art disasters are there to find?
>>
>>50886527
Clockwork
>>
>>50886582
I'd rather not look. I prefer imagining him as looking something like Dota 2's Clockwerk.
>>
Baba yaga question:
What is the best way to get a shack that walks around on chicken legs?
Shack-looking van with leg mods?
Some kind of spirit action?
Capturing and enslaving an awakened ostrich?
I am open to ideas.
>>
>>50886859
I like the idea of a ratty old van (possibly with a wizard airbrushed on the side) on robotic chicken legs for a 6th world baba yaga.
>>
>>50886859
RV with legs.
>>
>>50886880
Yeah, that one has some theme to it.
Though it would have to be a really big van to act as a witch shack
>>
>>50886907
Rv with a thatched roof, smokey stovepipe, and a custom personality.
>>
File: keep going.jpg (117KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
keep going.jpg
117KB, 1058x705px
So here's a question

How many HTR teams could a corp reasonably deploy at once on a short notice?

The runners need HTR distracted/delayed to pull something big off. So coordinating with other teams/criminal elements to all do something big at once "to roll the dice on if you get HTR" seems like a good idea. But how many teams would have to be involved, going loud?
>>
>>50886946
>>50886919
>>50886907
>>50886880
As an old lady driving a vehicle, she needs to wear pilot goggles and a scarf while driving.
>>
>>50885828

I think it's weird they had to give them very specific recoil rules

Like they didn't suck enough
>>
>>50887031
Just two teams.
One to do the job, and another to release bug spirits.
>>
>>50887031
This seems like something you'd want to find a sweet spot for, because too much "distraction" and the corps start deploying their actual private armies. Which will always end up being enough to swamp any number of runners.
>>
>>50887056
That's only in FireWatch's case though, aint it?
>>
>>50887056
Now here's a question:
Why isn't Egypt a gigantic Hive?
Why haven't all bugs gone the way of those poor cockroach actors in the Starship Troopers movie?
>>
>>50887090
You could also use toxic spirits or a cfd dirty bomb or a deus shard.
>>
>>50887056
>>50887121

Prefer there is still a city left to run in after this, chummer.

>>50887088

So in Seattle, the corps have their HTR teams on standby, but they also just keep standing armies in the area? I mean this event would likely just be an hour window to 'get shit done'.
>>
>>50887120
Because bg spirits actualoy have nothing to do with bugs, somehow.
>>
>>50887155
>Want to distract htr
>want city intact
>Want to use as few runners as possible
Select two
>>
>>50887156
Then where did the bug spirits crawl off to? Did they just see "bug spirits=bad news" and just tell every single shaman/mage they encounter/touch in the case of mentor spirits, to not worry and never tell anyone that they're with a "bug spirit"?
>>
>>50887185

The first two.

I just need to know how many HTR teams a corp can deploy at any given moment. Two? Five? Ten?
>>
>>50887207
Or are bugs actually all robots and they have no astral aura to read?
>>
>>50887219
That depends on what corps and where. Also, as mentioned, they might just start rolling out grunts and legions of drones too. AAA Corps can theoretically go toe to toe with countries, but are even faster to respond. Don't forget regular cops coming.

Ultimately, I'd wager a single AAA Corp in Seattle could roll out as many HTR teams as you could deploy runner teams and then some.
>>
>>50887265
After a certain point they'd start uploading combat programs to skillwired wage slaves and deploying them as HTRs.
>>
File: YES.png (40KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
YES.png
40KB, 152x254px
>>50887265

>Roll multiple ops on multiple corps at once
>Try to frame each op as another corp
>Deckers plant fake documents
>Ramp up the number of them happening at once
>They start rolling their armies at each other in the confusion until the Corporate Council can unfuck the situation
>>
>>50887355
That's the best you can hope for. Runners get by on speed and relative stealth. If you actually wanted to start a war with the corps it wouldn't last very long on numbers alone.

>>50887348
I mean, every Corp has a secret army of cyberzombies on standby in case war were declared right?
>>
>>50883524
Pandering aside? Moderate cosmetic sculpting. It shouldn't even be its own unique thing.
>>
I'm dumb, is there a chummer-friendly file to import that one list of prices for pets people on reddit made?
>>
>>50885828
No. You're strictly better with shotguns/sniper rifles loaded to bear with APDS or EXEX.
>>
>>50887421
Meh, I could see something like .75 essence for the full package, including fully-functioning reproductive organs. Comparable to a cyberlimb, but less essence cost since it's probably a lot of cultured bioware.
>>
how useful/important are the Outdoors skill group and Free Fall in 5e for a street sam
>>
>>50887986
Being useless outside of an urban setting is entirely in character for a street sam and pretty entertaining.
>>
How do you feel about involving you runners in bigger, more environment-affecting plots?

They do something that alters the balance of power for corps, or kill someone important?
>>
>>50888691
It has to happen eventually right? Gotta graduate to prime-runner at some point, might as well have a smokin' hole in the forehead of a major corp player be your diploma.
>>
>>50888726
What is the difference between an average runner and a Prime Runner, besides stats/money/experience, anyways?
>>
>>50889139
You're basically a rockstar amongst the shadow community, considered one of the best at what it is you do wether that be deckin', riggin', drivin' cars, shootin' or stabbin' people, slinging spells or whathave, and you probably spend a sizeable portion of your time shitposting on JackPoint or similar so yeah.

Thats my take on it anyways.
>>
File: orthodoxpriest.jpg (160KB, 593x592px) Image search: [Google]
orthodoxpriest.jpg
160KB, 593x592px
What would be a good little homebrew for direct target spells to make them a comparable alternative to the facefucks that are AOE spells?

I was personally thinking that simply having half of the force of the spell rounded being applied as damage along with the net hits?
>>
>>50889353
Chummer, you DO know that the damage is Force+Net Hits? Or did you mean making AOE spells have 1/2 Force +Net Hits?
>>
>>50889353
For directs, it's mostly about the generally very low resistance pools you'll face when using them.

You can count on one hand, with fingers left over, the number of people that will have more than 6 dice to resist with, counterspelling notwithstanding. And even that wears out fast.

So what you want to do is spend a service on your combat spirit to get some extra, cast at lower Force, and reagent the limit up to something more respectable. Or use Edge on it instead of Reagents, but you might find better uses for the Edge.
>>
>>50889401
Direct spells deal net hits on the spellcasting + magic limited by force resisted by either body or willpower.

Means that if I toss a Force 4 lightning bolt and get 5 hits, it deals 4 damage, resisted by the targets body. No dodge test.

>>50889434
I know they aren't bad, they just aren't overly good. I mean, being able to cast shit through bulletproof glass is pretty baller. It's just that when in comparison to many other things, they're an unattractive option.

I guess just getting a force 12 spellcasting foci or some shit would just be a better option if you want to absolutely obliterate a motherfucker with a direct target spell.
>>
>>50883776
\Data folder, custom_weapons.xml. Make sure the custom entry is inside <chummer><accessories></accessories></chummer>.
>>50884042
Then why don't transgenders start with less Essence? If it's a matter of finding the right 'template' that your body thinks it's supposed to have, why can't you change that template to remove essence loss?
>>50884214
If you're already a changeling? No, short of tinkering with the XML files.
>>50885256
That's what I figured, honestly. There are better ways to represent it in chargen, and afterwards there's SO MANY ways to avoid getting actually infected. >>50887556
Not that I'm aware of. Chummer currently doesn't really support buying pets, the expectation is that you'd spend the money on the nuyen tab and create a new critter. Raise it as an issue on github and I'll get around to it.
>>
>>50889474
It's all about the right target.

Got an adept with a dodge pool of Yes and not enough people to break through? Sling a Stunbolt (if you think he's got a healing power) or Manabolt (if you think he's got a Pain Editor) and put a serious crimp in his style.

Troll armored to the nines? Gee, I bet he wishes that you weren't bringing his resistance from 30 dice down to 3 to 5.

Oh, and don't forget Witness My Hate. You'll really need to use Reagents for your Directs in that case, but it means that you're going to get your down in a few casts with any luck.
>>
>>50887841
No. It definitely just fits into the existing cosmetic bioware rules. There's no need to tack an extra essence cost on top of them.
>>
>>50889139

It's generally a matter of versatility. A new runner is likely quite good in his area of expertise, having been trained well or having some natural talent.

A Prime Runner has been through everything and had enough shit fall down around them that they've ended up at least decent at everything. The Boss (MGS) is a good example of a Prime Runner. She's not just a good infiltrator. She's smart, she's charismatic and she's a lot of leadership experience. She's a very well rounded person who can excel in multiple areas.

A Prime Runner has had to deal with enough problems that they've generally lost any major weaknesses they had before. The weedy technomancer had to learn to run and jump and shoot. The Street Sam learned to pick his battles and lead people in battle etc.
>>
>>50889474
>Means that if I toss a Force 4 lightning bolt and get 5 hits, it deals 4 damage, resisted by the targets body. No dodge test.
iirc, lightning bolt is indirect. For direct, you want manabolt.
>>
How do Element Wall damage work? Like.. if I create Electric Wall on top of my enemy, which stat do they use to resist damage?
>>
How viable is a combat axe? I want to make an axe-wielding barbarian adept from one of the wastelands that went full Thundarr, but I'm not sure if they're the shittest or something. The Highland Forge Claymore looks strictly better mechanically, but I'm not sure if it's worth taking Restricted Gear for that.
>>
>>50889927
Shouldn't Thundarr have some kind of sword and Elemental Weapon power?

But even for blade-masters, the Highland Forge is a thing that's gotten after generation.

It's good, but not worth being the Restricted Gear item if you take that quality.
>>
>>50890087
Oh, I'm not trying to make specifically Thundarr. If I was, I'd give him a Qi Focus in the form of a sword hilt which grants the Adept Spell (Powerblade) adept power. Just someone from a Shadowrun region which had that style of heavy metal technomagical barbaric social collapse.

You'd recommend a combat axe, then? I want something that hits crazy-hard, but the lack of Accuracy is worrying to me.
>>
Redliner seems like a good positive quality for a street sam if you can somehow gain more physical condition boxes. Is there a good way to do that?
>>
>>50890339
phys boxes dont mean very much for someone with all the armor those cyberlimbs allow
>>
>>50890308
Honestly, with how Adept Spell works, Powerblade is usually less good than an actual katana. Manablade (if you don't mind being a bit cheap as hell) or alchemizing a preparation on a hilt is better.

As for the accuracy, 4 isn't great, but it shouldn't be holding you back early on. Some things that can increase it, that you might not have considered include a good sensor (I forget if you need Gunnery for passive sensor attacks), the Increase Gear Limits spell, and Confusion or other debilitating spells. (Agony is pretty nifty for this if you feel lucky.)
>>
How many armor should I have during chargen for a magician character?
>>
>>50890584
At least an Armored Jacket and Helmet. You probably don't have the wants for the specialty (but not high fashion) armor, and might not have the scratch for high fashion armor.
>>
>>50890525
None of those are options for my adept. The gunnery in particular is only for use with mounted weapons.

My only option for increasing Accuracy will be the Personalized Grip, and I think an adept power for +1 Accuracy for a specific combat Ability?

The thing is that whatever weapon I start the game with is also going to be a high-Force weapon focus, so this is a properly end-game concern. I won't be replacing this at any point.
>>
>>50890339
There's a positive quality that gives you more physical boxes, but keep in mind that with that much armor 100% of the damage you take will be Stun.
>>
>>50890640
Ah, then after initiating once or twice, get the Imbue Item ritual. You'll probably end up using artisan or something instead of Ritual Spellcasting, so ask the GM ahead of time.

Alliance will only raise the effective Force of the focus by one and you get to raise the Accuracy by your grade.

If you can afford to raise the force by more than that, my suggestion of the next Imbue trait would be, in order of usefulness, Respect (protects against random thefts some and negates Social penalties), Perceptive (for finding if it does get taken), Loyalty (it'd be rare that somebody'd try to take your weapon and kill you with it, but this will make it harder), and finally Berserk (the going berserk isn't good, but the extra damage might be).
>>
>>50890608
I might be able to afford them. Our GM give every newbie a free Rating 4 fake SiN, so that's free 10k.

I saw someone here using Sleeping Tiger armor, is it good?
>>
>>50890897
From a mechanical standpoint? Sure.
From any other standpoint, like having an actual decent fashion sense? Absolutely not.
>>
What skills should I get as a rigger?
>>
>>50890897
Don't forget to give it a nice amount of rating 4 licenses.

Sleeping Tiger isn't what you want, if only because you should probably be able to magic around the big benefit of it.

If you're going to be using lots of reagents, then you want the Ace of Wands (+ballistic mask or helmet) and make up the shortfall with an armor spell.

If you have the might to avoid penalties, then as much of Berwick Suit+Argentum Coat+Ballistic Mask as you can manage gives you close to as good as Sleeping Tiger for less price. If you want equal, get Steampunk+Syngerist Business Line Longcoat+Ballistic Mask/Helmet.

Just keep in mind that these can and probably will make you stand out, which you may not want.
>>
>>50891032
>>50890936
What is a good threshold number?
14 (armored jacket + helmet) is bare minimum right? What is consider to be average or good then?
>>
>>50890801
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, but if it's something on the nerd side of magic I definitely don't see a Conan/ Thundarr-inspired berserker as going in that direction.
>>
>>50891192
Well, no. In most cases 14 isn't the minimum unless you're in an at least middingly to highly optimized group.

Or at least a very lethal one. Plus you need to add in Body to that. A total of 15 is pretty good, as it'll average 5 damage taken off.
>>
>>50891214
It's a ritual. Not entirely nerd side, especially as any weapon user should have some kind of connection to their weapon, and that lets you forge a better one.
>>
>>50885828

Only if you want to derail and nearly end a campaign, at least in my experience. Some explanation might be necessary.

So this is back in Third Edition, maybe 14 years ago so some the finer details are lost but I clearly remember certain key moments. Short version is, we're a bunch of 'runners tracking down an escaped test subject with some high-grade cyberware in her noggin. Called the Thrill Kill Device, it was intended as a military gizmo that would reward soldiers for performance in combat, specifically sending a dump of feelgood juice into the soldier's limbic system whenever he fired his weapon. Higher accuracy, higher body count, higher levels of feelgood juice. Somehow the testers were surprised when she went rogue, murdered the entire testing staff in an increasingly avant garde fashion and made an escape into the misty Seattle night.

We were idiots and broke, so of course we took the job. Some remaining vestige of self-preservation had caused the test subject (I want to say her name was Lucia Chen, so maybe I haven't forgotten that many details), so she'd gone dark. She would still kill, we'd find, but spacing them out so that it looked like random, if highly competent, acts of murder. I forget what it was that had us staying on her trail (a lenient GM, perhaps), but somehow she'd gotten herself ensconced in the leadership of a local gang in the Barrens. Probably just came in and shot the chrome highlights off the biggest guy there.

So, where's the assault cannon come in, you ask? Well, one of our players was either an Orc or a Troll with a Panther Assault Cannon, and not a whole of sense in when to sensibly employ it. This is the player, mind you, not the character. We've tracked down Chen to her gang hideout and we think we're successfully infiltrating. We aren't. Spotlights come on, guns cock, lady starts calling us a bunch of failures. She's right, but the orc/troll isn't having it. He initiates combat.
>>
>>50890801
>>50891214
>>50891235
Fuck Imbue Item; if you're going to dip into ritual magic, pick up Attune Item. That lets you go through a montage where you meditate with a weapon focus and do practice swings on top of a rooftop or something, pay 6 karma to double-bond yourself to it, and then permanently add your Initiative Grade to the relevant Limit forever after.

That's all you'll ever need, since anything more than +3 Accuracy is probably overkill on literally any weapon.

And unlike Imbue Item, which is definitely nerdy artificer bullshit, Attune Item is just a warrior (or other expert) getting extra acquainted with their tool.
>>
>>50891319

(Cont'd, hit the character limit)

Orc/troll initiates combat by firing his oversized spud gun at Ms Chen. She may have a Thrill Kill Device which was basically a super smartlink plus autoinjector with happy juice, but the player did not. His shot goes wide, and all hell breaks loose.

My Dwarf techie is trying to suppress with his Ares Alpha, the Face is hiding, and the human street sam is using the orc/troll for cover while picking the best grenade for the occasion. Orc/troll keeps firing, keeps missing, eventually gets fed up and targets a large, cylindrical thing that some of the gangers were standing on. He rightly surmised that it was full of some kind of pressurized gas, but did not take into account the explosive yield.

At this point the GM says the magic words that usually make players take a moment to consider their next action: "Are you sure?" Players goes "Fuck yeah I'm sure, I'm lighting it up." The GM turns over his session notes, laces his fingers together, and says "There's a great flash of white, static. Everyone's dead. Now go home while I figure out how to salvage this."

Next session we wake up in cryo-tube things with super slick simsense/BTL headgear on. We stumble out, weak as kittens, through this obviously abandoned facility. We find an exit and stagger into the harsh sunlight and punishing humidity of the jungles of Amazonia. And then we helped overthrow the local government. Still one of my favorite campaigns to take part in.
>>
>>50891353
Well, as an Adept it'd probably be Artisan or something he'd be looking at.

I just don't recall if Attune was permissible on already focus-ed items, and can't really look at that book right now.
>>
>>50891420
>I just don't recall if Attune was permissible on already focus-ed items
It is. Alliance, however, isn't compatible for an item that's already Attuned.

He should get Attune Item. Unlike Imbue Item, it's not some artificer nerd-magic, and it also does exactly what he wants.
>>
File: 1413435157868.jpg (71KB, 887x1097px) Image search: [Google]
1413435157868.jpg
71KB, 887x1097px
>>50890371
>>50890339

>0 out all essence costs for kicks to see what can be made at chargen
>19 Phys, 14 Stun, 18 armor (armor jacket only)
>still room for 15 more cyberlimb armor
>10 STR on all limbs that matter (averages are still 9 because torso/skull strength are in calculation RAW)
>no armor accessories yet either

This is every possible cyberlimb, upgraded with all the bells and whistles except armor.
>>
>>50891466
>every possible cyberlimb
So this is for a four-armed Nartarki character?
>>
>>50891192
It's less a bare minimum and more a standard. If you're going into a fight, anyone and everyone can be expected to have an armored jacket and a helmet. There are exceptions, obviously, but those are the Mithril Breastplate of Shadowrun.
>>
>>50891519

I meant for a human. Skull, Torso, 2xarms, 2xlegs.

I think there was some money issues towards the end. As in I had to cut some 'ware flash, because I didn't have enough for a gun.

The cap for armor for a limb is 3 though, and more limbs bring down your average attributes, so that may not be as useful?
>>
>>50877301
Get off the stage!
>>
>>50891547
>>50891219
thanks,
>>
Is it viable to play a detection spell specialist magician? Maybe with Analyze Device and Combat Sense sustained for combat?
>>
>>50891854
Might be better off playing a Mystic Adept, if you don't plan on astral projecting.
That way, you can participate in combat without having to cast non-detection spells.
>>
>>50891409
That ending must've been horrifying in character. Out of character it sounds fucking awesome.
>>
Is it possible to just have sprites registered with no services owed, and to gain more services from them later?
>>
File: 1275538443007.jpg (66KB, 482x724px) Image search: [Google]
1275538443007.jpg
66KB, 482x724px
R8/H8 my Private Eye
>>
>>50892819
http://pastebin.com/R1zzGa5J

I'm too tired to LINK MY GODDAMN PASTEBIN SHIT.
>>
Okay, so as a new shadowrun player, i have absolutely no idea about contacts. Most of the other systems i can wrap my head around, but i don't really know how to go about contacts.

So what are some that are good in general? i'd guess maybe a Mr. Johnson or a fence, but past that i can't really differentiate.
>>
>>50892839
Depends on what kind of character you're playing
As a Street Sam, you'll probably want an Armorer(To buy guns/armor from) or a Street Doc(To patch you/other people up).
As a Rigger, you'll want an Armorer(To buy/upgrade drones).
As a Decker, you might want a Wage Slave(To act as an informant on jobs against whatever corp they work for, and maybe act as a proxy for jobs that require dealing with on-site hardware).
As any sort of Mage(Magician, Adept, Mystic Adept, Aspected Mage, etc, a Talismonger is basically a must(For Reagents, spells, foci, etc).

A Fixer is always a good option, but if the group has more than 1 then odds are one of them will be useless(unless they're in wildly different circles). A Johnson could be useful, but isn't necessary as long as you know a Fixer.
Fences are good for selling shit, of course.
Really, its more about flavor than what you need, though. If you think your character would know a Fixer, then give them a Fixer.
>>
>>50892839
Mr. Johnson: Liaison/go-between between runners and the people who want to hire runners. Allows both parties to remain somewhat anonymous to each other.

Fence: Person who can find a buyer for the stuff you acquire and get you a decent price for it (usually for a flat cut of the profits).

Smuggler: Pretty self-explanatory. They move illegal goods from Point A to Point B quickly and discreetly.

Fixer: Sort of like a personal manager. Finds you jobs that are up your alley, helps you get connected to like-minded people (also usually for a cut of the profits and/or a flat rate).

Infobroker: Collects info, brokers it. Can be seemingly innocuous information like hobbies and favorite foods, or incredibly useful information like biometric data or personal account passwords.
>>
Is there any reason I can't see any Rigger 5 assets in Chummer? (5.188.3 if it matters)
>>
>>50892839
Welcome to the 6th, Chummer. Your Contacts are big parts of what kind of character you are playing. Do you know what you want to play as?
>>
Need help with drone in 4e, lads. Just confused about how signal range works.

Outside of mutual signal range, drone can still function autonomously, correct?

You cannot give specific orders, or jack into drones outside of mutual signal range, yeah?

Can someone give a brief run down of how signal range works with drones?
>>
>>50892983
>>50892939
>>50892945
I guess i shoulda mentioned that. I'm an adept that took all passive skills, and i'm going for a jack the ripper deal. Super sneaky, and all that.

>>50892945
>seemingly innocuous
If there's anything hitman has taught me, literally anything can be used to kill someone.

I should also mention we're using priorities, and i haven't heard back yet on what exactly our karma is to start with, so i'm just making the character as well as i can within the regular limits.
>>
>>50892707
Combat Sense and Analyze Device are both detection spell though.

I could use Edged then focus sustained both spell for ~12 hits on both.
>>
>>50892839
I just started playing too. Fixer is definitely a good choice when you don't know where to go, since he will be the one referring you to another person.
>>
>>50892949
Figured it out, im a moron, ignore
>>
>>50892939
Would i need a talismonger if everything i want to use is passives?
>>
>>50893091
You will want to buy Foci at some point
>>
>>50893112
This is good to know.
>>
What sort of disaster will befall Lake Stevens in-universe?
>>
>>50892830
This character needs a combat skill. There WILL be combat eventually and when it happens this character needs to be able to contribute directly.
>>
>>50893151
Go against what is expected. Some magic bullshit forced the lake to be pure and the area around it became super fertile--an unexpected twist in a cyberpunk setting.

Then bring it around right back to cyberpunk when you reinforce the theme of being unable to connect with the natural world because the same lake is also super dangerous with all kinds of supernatural creatures and had to be fenced off.
>>
>>50893228
So you are saying its.... SuperNatural.
>>
>>50892830
Get at least one combat skill. Seriously, your DM WILL fuck you on this shit.

Other than that, pretty good. Gimme a back story.
>>
File: is this a jojo reference.gif (957KB, 500x230px) Image search: [Google]
is this a jojo reference.gif
957KB, 500x230px
I saw there's a way to transfer abilities from an adept to an animal, but is there a way to transfer adept powers to another person as a dead man's switch? I thought it'd make for a fun fight for my players if there was an enemy that fought in a pair and when one died there was an obligatory anime power up.
>>
>>50893637
If you're the GM, the answer is yes.
>>
>>50893637
In other words, you want deep pass overdrive.

Which would be metal as fuck, but i can see it being abused.
>>
My usual tabletop group is going to be giving Shadowrun a try, and I'm trying to help my GM hammer out some house rules to make decking not suck. Our current plan is, outside of combat, to come up with a way to turn it into basically a skill roll with modifiers, and to do a sped-up version of the actual Matrix subsystem only for decking during combat/tense situations. Any suggestions that aren't "don't allow deckers" and might resemble fixing a subsystem instead of ignoring it completely?
>>
>>50893709
Don't allow deckers.
>>
>>50893637
>my players
Sounds like you already can. Just make sure the players can't replicate it in-game or they will abuse the FUCK out of it.
>>
>>50893717
Not him, but some GMs don't like pulling shit out of their ass.
>>
>>50893729
Its not outside the realm of possibility so far as adept powers go, so its not like its completely out of their ass. Not laid out maybe, but well within the fluff. Just gotta put crunch to it.
>>
>>50892768
No. If you don't get any net hits, the compiling fails.
>>50893637
There are a lot of shenanigans you can get up to with spirit pacts, or you could treat it as a custom initiation metamagic.
>>
>>50893805
Damn.
>>
How many dodge dice do I need to reliably dodge against full-auto long burst?
>>
>>50893867
However many dice you'd need to reliably dodge a single shot +9. Good luck figuring that out. :)
>>
File: 1477533484917.jpg (324KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1477533484917.jpg
324KB, 1024x683px
How invasive is a Simrig? Is it just enough cybernetics to capture and record sensory (5 sense) inputs? Is it like watching Hardcore Henry or some shit? Could a Street-racer realistically sell Simrig footage of herself and make a decent buck?
>>
>>50893867
Full Auto Complex Action gives you -9 to dodge. A competent character is rolling 12 dice to shoot, at least, which is 4 hits.

I'd say you need at least 25.
>>
>>50893867
Can probably get away with about 20 with edge.
>>
>>50893715
wOW, EPICALLY MEMED BRO XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>50893909
I'm half-serious. Fuck deckers, don't let me players play them.
>>
>>50879422
Just gonna go the /fit/ route here a moment. Your minotaur can only lift half his body weight? BROOOOOOOO
>that is a lot of armor though
>>
>>50893920
*don't let NEW players play them
>>
>>50892768
Idunno how you can hypothetically get a registered sprite with zero services (since you have to have net hits on register sprite test for it to succeed).
But even if you somehow manage to get one that, idunno, fell of a truck, IIRC to get more services from a sprite you have to re-register it. Which eats a service. So you can't re-register it. Because no services. So you can't bet more services.
>>
>>50893984
it's called "I ran out of karma during chargen".
>>
File: file.png (6MB, 720x6464px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
6MB, 720x6464px
>>50893894
Take a look at Day Job, you could certainly make that qualify.
>>
>>50893164
I relocated some skills so she can at least hold her pistol the right way. She isn't anywhere close to the skill of a street samurai, but she should be able to shoot straight and conserve ammo if nothing else.

>>50893443
Backstory provided! It's pretty edgy and likely very cliche for a Dryad, but its the best I could come up with on the fly.
>>
Is it worth using climbing claws over hand razors, even if the limit is slightly lower in combat? The extra possible utility seems nice.
>>
>>50893894
Cybernetic version is a small implant at the base of the skull.

Non-cybernetic version is a bodyglove studded with captors.
>>
>>50893893
Well... I'm just trying to see how many spirits do I need to bind to "aid sorcery", before I cast Combat Sense thought Sustaining Spell Foci.

So according to >>50893903, I would need 18 more dice on my defense test. Which means I need 54 pool on Combat Sense

6 (sorcery) + 8 (magic) + 7 (edge) + 6x5 (spirit force x 5 spirits ) = 51 pool with rule of six in effect.

I guess I could do it...
>>
>>50893709
Make sure the Decker knows the difference between Hack on the Fly and Brute Force. The GM will just ask that he puts "Marks" on things, representing the level of Ownership of said device. The GM knows that "4" is equivalent to being the Owner and ad-hoc decides if plastering Brazilian Donkey Porn over an Enemy Sam's eyes needs 1-3 marks.

If you've got a Decker who likes to sit in a van and do shit more realistically (kinda boring desu) then the GM needs to work harder, by sending masked goons to fuck his shit up for playing a Decker and not reading the fucking rules.
>>
>>50894028
From that day on the character was called Magic Neo, and the spirit world HATES him.
>>
>>50893996
By the way, what happens with a registered sprite that runs out of services? Does it vanish? Does it become a free sprite?
Maybe "I ran out of karma during chargen" situation may be handwaved as your sprite running free and just deciding to stick around providing sarcastic commentary?
>>
>>50894042
Speaking of decking, is combining Go Big or Go Home with, say, Like a Boss too cheap?
>>
>>50893637
>t is there a way to transfer adept powers to another person as a dead man's switch? I thought it'd make for a fun fight for my players if there was an enemy that fought in a pair and when one died there was an obligatory anime power up.

Look at the Aleph Society Pact in digital grimoire, i believe. You would be looking at something like a derivative of that.

The loose version is 'this is a spirit pact for burnouts that have LOST THEIR MAGIC ENTIRELY AND CAN UNBURN YOU OUT, THE FUCK THATS IMPOSSIBLE' and it turns out the secret trick is you're simply borrowing magic from a free spirit who's figured out how to share their force like a plumbing system or hot water heater.

While rules for taking it as a player aren't available, it works very simply: "The Magic
rating of a burned-out Aleph member can vary between 1 and 6, depending on how many Aleph members draw on Gaf ’s power at
a particular time." - ie you roll a d6 for a scene.

So you'd be looking at something similiar with, say, a higher-force spirit spread amongst smaller members in a sort of group pact - when one dies, the water pressure goes to the other members.

also, i like the idea of a sort of magical Tontine fund.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tontine
Its suitably.... faustian.
>>
>>50893998
I'm disappointed this list didn't end with a bicycle.
>>
>>50894096
The other angle to this could be a metamagic for for turning Aid Sorcery into something like a power boost for Aid Adept Powers.
>>
>>50894097
>not your own legs and feet
>>
>>50894096
>>50893637

The third method to replicate this is with possession shenanigans. A mystic adept with the appropriate metamagics to stay in control would also see an increase in their Magic.

Digital grimoire also has Infusion Foci, which are to be used with the metamagic of the same name to let adepts infuse powers they don't know or have already on the fly.

It seems like you could combine these with the custom enchanting rules to make things that autobind with people they touch at no cost (see - the kurokawa, the black river katana custom enchantment in the same book) to basicaly artifically give adepts extra powers temporarily, like magical drugs.

Something similiar could be achieved with properly bound spirits with the right powers - see the Control Focus power in Running Wild for details. The short version is some spirits can simply turn foci on without binding(or off again, or help improve or reduce their force or other annoying things) I believe imps have it by default, but its a similiar possibility tying in.

Go exploring and rules delving, oh asker of interesting questions!
>>
>>50894096
>>50894272
That is a really in-depth response. Thank's a ton for the answer

>>50893687
>i can see it being abused
Even if the person can only use it as they're at death's door? Thought it might be fun to 'pass on the torch' from one character to a next in a way.
>>
File: 1476053335753.jpg (386KB, 1500x953px) Image search: [Google]
1476053335753.jpg
386KB, 1500x953px
>>50894096
YO

That's totally Faustian. Now I just need to make my own Gaunter O' Dim and I have an awesome side story.
>>
File: WHYWHYWHY.jpg (27KB, 640x396px) Image search: [Google]
WHYWHYWHY.jpg
27KB, 640x396px
Storytime!

>a player makes an old man face
>names him The Kernel, after Kernel Sanders, with KFC running gags and everything
>The Kernel is crazy charismatic, crazy lucky, and crazy crazy
>among the shit he pulled off are:
>walking through full auto fire from 2 trained professionals, emerging unscathed
>running into a bookstore full of mages and brutally killing a renowned mage with his cane gun, escaping, again, unscathed
>impersonating a well-known CEO over the phone with said CEO's wife, berating her and convincing her he's divorcing her
>disguising himself as a crewmate and bullshitting his way onto a smugglers' vessel with several large boxes of remote-controlled explosives, fucking off and detonating them, taking out a sizable portion of the city
>but luck only takes you so far
>The Kernel's caused some shit, so one day the GM has a thug come over to his house to collect a bounty, mostly a joke encounter
>mfw some no-name gangbanger piece of shit took out The Kernel
>mfw i was The Kernel
>mfw this happened yesterday
>>
>>50894318
Sorry, i meant if players ever got access to it. They will find a way to abuse it, and hard. If its a one shot deal for some BBEG duo you are doing, then thats totally legit, and pretty metal to boot.
>>
>>50894335
You said it yourself. Luck only gets you so far.
>>
>>50894362
But 8 edge anon. 8 FUCKING EDGE
>>
File: 1457965309399.png (521KB, 542x912px) Image search: [Google]
1457965309399.png
521KB, 542x912px
>>50894335
That's almost too perfect of a runners end. A guy on top of it with countless amazing stories and a true badass. Only to die in his own home from a thug. The runners life chews people up and spits them out.
>>
>>50894335
Shoulda burned an edge, nigga.
>>
I tried in a character art thread but no one replied, so i was wondering if any of you had a good gentleman elf pic, no augments.

If so, great. if not, i guess i'll keep looking.
>>
>>50894371
Did you not know about burning edge to stay alive?
>>
>>50894448
>>50894547
What's this about?
>>
>>50889498
>>50889498
I'm not seeing a custom_weapons.xml file
>>
File: JcXJ7qR.png (137KB, 412x345px) Image search: [Google]
JcXJ7qR.png
137KB, 412x345px
>>50894564
Oh my god my dude just read the fucking book your character died for nothing lmao.

Page 57 of the core rulebook.
>>
>>50894318
>That is a really in-depth response. Thank's a ton for the answer
Thaats what I do, anon. You happened to ask at the right time.

>>50894320
Yo yourself!
I'm glad i helped you come up with some great ideas! enjoy!
>>
>>50894580
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>50894712
Now that I've got that out of my system, what should I use to bribe my GM to get The Kernel back?
>>
File: laughing surgeons.gif (40KB, 320x241px) Image search: [Google]
laughing surgeons.gif
40KB, 320x241px
>>50894712
I am sorry for your loss, but at the same time grateful for your stupidity amusing me.
>>
>>50894731
you could beg him by saying that you're retarded and didn't read the book if you don't mind self deprecating.

Other than that, just ask for a retcon desu. If he didn't know the rule, then maybe you could convince him to allow it. Wake up dead in a ditch somewhere.
>>
>>50894028
If you have 5 F6 spirits at your call then the ones who need to worry is your opposition.
>>
>>50894743
He didn't suggest it so he probably didn't know about it either, I'll try that.
>>
>>50894758
Staying on this topic, anyone else have any depressing character deaths?

>no anon cause we burnt edge kek
>>
>>50894731
The first step you should do would be make like the hitchhiker's guide and Don't Panic.

Nothing will ruin your desires here like a Kernel Panic.

Sorry not sorry.
>>
File: question.jpg (11KB, 400x139px) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
11KB, 400x139px
Does this General not have a pdf trove?

Also, question - If you own every 4th Edition book, then what are essential 5th Edition books.

Is 5th Edition even necessary?
>>
>>50894893
>Does this General not have a pdf trove?
There's only 2 links in the OP.
Considering one links to github, I feel like you could easily work out which one you want.
>>
File: 7kiQqxz.gif (1MB, 400x228px) Image search: [Google]
7kiQqxz.gif
1MB, 400x228px
>>50894912

Oh shit, I completely missed it, sorry

In my defense I was expecting it to be a bit more noticeable, but regardless, my bad
>>
>>50894893
I don't see what having every 4th edition book has to do with 5th edition
If you want to know what's changed then give this a read
http://blog.homoeoteleuton.com/thursday-review-shadowrun-fifth-edition/
>>
File: 1445860995718.gif (2MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
1445860995718.gif
2MB, 400x250px
>>50895007
>I don't see what 4th edition book has to do with 5th edition

Thats kinda why I'm asking because I really have no idea.

But reading that link its clear that its apparently different enough that its going to be a slog to make the changeover, and good enough that the changeover is recommended.

That just makes me feel tired and old. I really don't want to have to learn a whole bunch of new rules considering it took me long enough just to get halfway proficient with 4th that I can actually GM it (not well, but I try)

Is switching to 5th something you recommend I do?
>>
>>50895065
If you already have a group and/or players, no.

If you don't, then yes.
>>
File: 1448069722145.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1448069722145.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>50895089

Gotcha

Thank you
>>
>>50894931
It used to be more noticeable, but then someone changed the OP pasta's formatting and now it blends in.

I fuckin' know it's there and it still takes me a second to find it every time
>>
>>50894454
No one?
>>
>>50895240
I looked around but found literally nothing. Make a human or something.
>>
File: SRO_Elf.jpg (367KB, 1736x2500px) Image search: [Google]
SRO_Elf.jpg
367KB, 1736x2500px
>>50895240
Closest I can get you.
>>
>>50895276
Thats actually not bad. Especially considering the only other thing thats been suggested has been a man-whore elf.
>>
Why is cyberdeck so expensive? How hard would it be to steal one during a run?
>>
>>50895355
Deckers would be too OP if decks were cheap.
>>
Can I use Analyze Device on Drone or Vehicle? so I can use it with control action and laugh at our Rigger
>>
>>50895750
Yes.
>>
File: Kernals_not_dead_yet.png (346KB, 1362x1006px) Image search: [Google]
Kernals_not_dead_yet.png
346KB, 1362x1006px
>>50894335
Made a public service image for you SRG
Remember, knowing is half the battle, so learn the rules
>>
>>50894567
You need to make the file.
>>
>>50895184
That's the old /srg/ format, because the new thing they were using a few months ago was boring as fuck. It does make a great test for idiots and lazyfags.
>>
>>50894013
No, the non-cybernetic version is a device attached to a trode net, like from Strange Days.
>>
>>50895355
To provide a barrier to entry for niche protection. In 4e, it was trivially easy for a script kiddie to make a hack box that any retard could use, so in 5e they went way too hard in the opposite direction.
>>
>>50893036
Combat Sense and Analyze Device don't really contribute a lot to combat, though, is what I meant.
If you don't want to cast non-Detection spells, you should make a Mystic Adept, that way you have a way to contribute to combat, when it happens.

Either way, throwing all your eggs in one basket is not a viable strategy, because then you'll be useless any time that one thing isn't important.(Which is why most Magicians don't specialize to the extent of only having spells from one category.)
>>
Before thread dies, what are some ways to conceal a knife or pistol better? I already have concealed holsters, but i was wondering if there were other ways of making them harder to see, short of magic.
>>
>>50894794
I had a Black Mage once that the GM refused to let me burn edge for.
>Member of the Black Lodge
>Tell the GM I'll go to meetings with my Lodge when they happen
>After a couple of months pass in-game, someone from my lodge calls and bitches about me missing meetings
>"Wtf, GM?"
>"You didn't say you went to those meetings!"
>End up doing a job for the Black Lodge, involving plugging a box into NeoNET servers in Boston, which basically converts the entire aug'd city into mind-slaves
>A few weeks later, have a job to assassinate some guy named "Bubba"
>Find out he owns a night club, look around inside, decker suggests he might be in the basement
>Head down, stairs end with a door
>We all go in and see a bunch of anthro-drones with blade-arms, one in each corner of the room
>Decker hacks the door open
>Right after she does, the drones activate and start spinning around with their blade-arms out
>GM makes us roll agility+reaction to get out before we get diced
>I was tied for the lowest roll, but I'm the only one who gets told I failed
>Get diced up by anthro-drones
>"I burn edge"
>"Okay, you survive with 1 physical box unharmed, and then immediately take 12P"
>"Wtf, GM"
>Burn through all my edge, he still says the same thing
>Decide fuck it, the GM has too big of a hateboner for me
>It took the rest of the group half a year to realize he just hated me for no discernable reason, and kick him
>And that was caused by a Rogue Trader game in which, while walking down a hall we'd just killed some orks in, I was arbitrarily called on to roll Ag with no explanation, and failure by less than a degree(4 points below my Ag score) resulted in me slipping on Ork blood and landing on a choppa in just the right way to lose an arm.
>>
>>50897108
You can get them chameleon coatings.
>>
>>50897108
Skin Pocket/Smuggling Compartment makes them nigh on impossible to see or find when frisked. Sensors will still pick them up, though.
>>
>>50897153
Wow, that GM was a dick
Glad your team dropped him, can't even call Declare not Imply
>>
>>50897186
>>50897190
I should mention, to my knowledge we are using core only.

Are either of those things core?
>>
>>50897264
>we are using core only
Smuggling compartments are in Core. Chameleon Coatings aren't.
>>
>>50897275
So without outright augments, concealed holster is the best you can do?
>>
>>50897395
ýou can also chose to make it opposed test using your palming against his perception/palming while still giving negative modifiers
>>
>>50897050
What if you cheese it with spirits though? +20 dices pool on gun seems hilarious.
>>
>>50897645
You can't get quite that ridiculous with spirits. You can channel them, but you only get half their Force as a bonus, rounded down, to your AGI(if it's below their Force). And unless it's a Guardian spirit, they aren't giving you anything for skills, but Guardians will give you their Force for skill dice.

Have fun with the drain, though.
(I know this shit because I had a player channel a Force 8 spirit. He spent edge to summon it, and the spirit glitched, so he got to run around with a Force 8 spirit and no drain for the rest of the run.
Thread posts: 379
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.