[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there any system designed to work for the light hearted fatnasy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

is there any system designed to work for the light hearted fatnasy cartoons like Star vs the forces of evil, Steven Universe, Adventure Time, and etc
>>
>>50866501
I remember seeing a kickstarter a year or so ago that was meant to simulate Studio Ghibli films. I forget what its called, but i remember the descriptions being light hearted fantasy adventures
>>
File: 1482591317556.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1482591317556.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Again, advertising my own system shamelessly. It's usually pretty lighthearted, with emphasis on an ironic touch, down to the game mechanics.

Ignore the Magical girls -section in the end (Unless you plan on playing magical girls, of course). Homebrewing powers for any setting is pretty easy (and I can do that for you if I'm given some setting details).

I can also explain anything that needs to be clarified from the system.

Of course, you can also use RISUS, the usual suspect for light-hearted shenanigans, although it is much more geared towards oneshots than campaigns.
>>
>>50866501
Golden Sky Stories
>>
>>50866501
FATE, d6, Toon, any lightweight system with rules that let you pull off whatever bullshit you want.
>>
>>50866529
Ryuutama
>>
>>50866501
Ryuutama, Golden Sky Stories, and Chuubo's Marvelous Wishing Engine.
>>
>>50866529
Chuubo?

>>50867548
TOON is actually a really poor fit for what OP is looking for. It's made for Looney Tunes-style cartoons where you can avoid death by being flattened and reinflated with a bicycle pump.
>>
There is an official adventure time game. But just in Spanish for now
>>
>>50867566
Well I'd just use FATE because I like it and this fits with it really well.
>>
>>50866501
Fate Core if you're already experienced with it or don't mind needing to fiddle with a toolkit system. Strong and quite versatile when you do get acclimated.
Fate Accelerated if you want something straightforward and fast (though it's less satisfying and comprehensive).

Have only skimmed it but: OVA seems fairly bang-on. It's designed for anime stuff, but that just reinforces it bouncing between action, drama, and light-heated slice of life sort of stuff, which those series all do.

Also (and this is gonna sound doofy to most): Maid RPG. You'll have to take some liberties with a few of it's mechanics, and obviously with character creation in general, but it's a very solid system that can do a surprising amount of things once you stop caring about emulating a harem anime. If you have the PDF, check out how a lot of the sample scenarios can be in the back.
>>
File: 1477693307898.jpg (195KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477693307898.jpg
195KB, 1280x720px
>>50866501
>Lighthearted
U wot¿ Those shows are some of the most depressing shows I've ever seen. What happened to having a funny cartoon WITHOUT terrible psychoses?
>Stephen's mom died giving birth to him.
>Finn's dad is a worthless drifter who uses and abandons him regularly

Seems like cartoons are either lolrandumb or child psychology happy hour nowadays, nothing inbetween.
>>
>>50870186
>What happened to having a funny cartoon WITHOUT terrible psychoses?

I guarantee you that any cartoon from your childhood had dark and depressing shit in there somewhere. This isn't anything new.
>>
According to some, GURPS can tranfer to anything.
>>
>>50870186
>he doesn't remember any of the family subtext in The Rugrats
>he doesn't remember Hey Arnold's countless "feels" or character focus episodes

But Rocko's Modern Life was nothing but masterbation jokes, I'll you that.
>>
>>50870259
>>50870883
No, I remember that stuff, but it wasn't super in your face most of the time. You could probably psychoanalyze Dexter and Deedee and infer some weird shit, but there's no need to try with Finn. Dude tries to bury his pain about his dad through (pg) sex. Catdog probably had some subtext about Satanism in it, but you'd have to look for it. SU literally shoves things in your face. I am still really uncomfortable about the Amethyst and Greg fuckbuddy episode.
>>
Cartoon Action Hour, definitely.
>>
>>50871457
Kids aren't as easy to harm as you think.
I watched tank police, alien, and a bunch of hard cyberpunk as a kid.
It was amazing.
Only side effect is it made me much better at crime than my suburbanite peers.
>>
We did an Adventure Time game once, used the savage worlds system. It worked alright. I still remember my character, and the DM did a good job of emulating the show feeling more than anything.
>>
>>50866501

Dungeons and Dragons 2nd Ed. if you want to emulate Adventure Time, as that appears to be its direct inspiration.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.