[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your end goal for rpg's? I play to have fun.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (53KB, 829x396px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 829x396px
What's your end goal for rpg's?

I play to have fun.

A friend plays to improve on his roleplaying, to tel the best stories. A perfecting of the art, so to speak.

Still another buddy likes to hang out and feel the togetherness of the group.

Why do you play, anon?

Pic unrelated
>>
File: classic blunder.jpg (55KB, 625x305px) Image search: [Google]
classic blunder.jpg
55KB, 625x305px
>>50865146
man, i fucking love the energy revolver so fucking much. i didn't even read your post, because the energy revolver drew me in like a wraith to an undefended orphanage being tended to by young, beautiful and healthy women.

i love sci-fi western weapons like it's fucking Hydromeal on a Gauren steak
>>
File: bombsuit sword fight.webm (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
bombsuit sword fight.webm
2MB, 480x270px
>>50865146

Mostly to have fun with friends. I will admit that my hunger for pizza goes deep and long but being able to pal around and play games is great.
>>
>>50865203
I statted it out for 40k if you want to see it?
>>
>>50865246
Thats how you lose fingers. Which doesn't seem wise for a man whose job is his hands.
>>
>>50865261
is it an archano tech weapon only wielded by high up magos and inquisitors with a lot of pull?

and yes, i would like to see it. is the wraith hair replaced by either Eldar hair, treated tyranid insestine, or tau scalps?
>>
>>50865203
"Las-Volver"
Pistol 60m S/-/- 1Full Clip 6
Normal 1d10+3 Pen 3
Accurate 1d10+1 Pen 5
Tearing 1d10+4 Pen 0
Felling (2), Reliable, Variable (Accurate, Tearing)

The Las-Volver (or Lucy as its prior owner called it) is a heavily modified las pistol, outfitted to take specialized las packs that, despite having very near the charge of their las rifle counterparts, discharge fully in merely 6 shots. Despite this increased power draw the calibrations done between the specialized ammunition and the feeder chamber make this weapon retain its highly reliable nature. Being custom worked it does require special care and some getting used too.

Unlike typical las weapons the variable toggle on it does not increase beam potency, but rather can be toggled between its 'normal' shots, more accurate channeling of its payload, and unstable beams that can cause severe disruption of organic tissue.

In game terms its a 6 shot las-pistol which in its normal mode has increased damage and pen, can gain accuracy for reduced static damage and increased pen, and gain tearing with increased damage but 0 pen.
>>
>>50865264
Ain't nobody losing fingers over a Nerf boffer my man
>>
>>50865146
I'm in the spending-time-with-friends camp.

Also, playing to "have fun" is a bit of a cop out. Everyone plays to have fun. It's what they find fun in roleplaying games that differentiates people.
>>
>>50865246

their hands are completely unprotected
>>
File: you have offended the omnisiah.jpg (28KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
you have offended the omnisiah.jpg
28KB, 219x230px
>>50865279
>las

bitch the fuck you smoking
>>
>>50865271
It was a heritek weapon for the master of an illicit weapons forge on a hive world pumping out high quality armaments despite all odds.

The whole operation was being masterminded by a slaaneshi heritek whose pursuit of perfection was the perfect weapon, free of the interference of the red priests.

The party interrupted his final ritual where he was interring a daemonette into a a long las to ensure the assassination of the planetary governor as orchestrated by his arch-chancellor who was a plant for a trading rival and was told "any means necessary"
>>
>>50865298
I don't know the actual source material anon, it was a dark heresy game.
>>
>>50865310
http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Particle_magnum

>>50865304
>>
>>50865326
Hm. Duly noted. I had based it solely off the image. More of a melta weapon really.
>>
>>50865146
I want to be a writer, but I don't go into RPGs looking to improve that. I just love being part of a story, character interaction and development, that sort of shit. Good rules are important, but I'm not playing to win. The only reason I really want to feel challenged to use my wits in an RPG is because otherwise it's just not as exciting.

I also play to get away from the real world for a while. I am so much better as a fictional character than I am as an actual person, and while it's not bad now, I can't see it getting any better in the future.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.