[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, so idea I've got for some sea based enemies. Magical

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: skeleton pirate.jpg (103KB, 736x654px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton pirate.jpg
103KB, 736x654px
Ok, so idea I've got for some sea based enemies.

Magical pirates. They use illusion magic to sneak their ship up close to the target, and then necromancy to summon zombies and skeletons onto the ship as a boarding action, along with some necromatic magic to weaken people on the ship(they don't just straight up kill everyone with magic because they're trying to avoid the negative energy corrupting whatever the cargo is).

Once the ship is clear, they use the summoned thralls to command the ship, saving anyone who appears to be worth ransoming while murdering everyone else. They then sell off the ship and it's cargo.

Think it works as an idea?
>>
>necromancy
>summon

Choose one. You can't rattle bones that don't exist
>>
>>50865988
Davey Jones' Locker!
Bones from the bone dimension!
>>
The necromancy part just seems like an unnecessary effort to make it all spoopy
>>
>>50864343
Why not just drive the crew crazy with more illusion magic and get them to kill each other/jump overboard? Anyone who resists just gets shanked by the pirate crew leisurely walking around checking for valuables
>>
>>50864343
So...Pirates of the Caribbean?
>>
>>50865988
Something to think about, but you can launch corpses over. Or just bags of bones.

>>50866998
>>50867022
The big thing I was thinking about is this offers no risk to the crew themselves, they don't need to risk the boarding themselves.

I thought about summoned creatures instead, but they have to be careful with those, especially animals, to not damage the ship/goods. Zombies and skeletons seemed the best answer for that

The illusion thing seems worthwhile as well, perhaps a combo of both.

>>50869661
The crew themselves wouldn't be skeletons, or even cursed.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.