[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /tg/. I use props in my game, and I've got a mess of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: copper.jpg (30KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
copper.jpg
30KB, 450x300px
hey /tg/. I use props in my game, and I've got a mess of them done as a series of semi-cursed creepy items found in an alchemy kit. I've got most of them done (Crystalized children's tears, protective talisman, eldritch focus, etc), but I have this weird blob of once-molten copper and I have no idea what to do with it. Can you think of or suggest something?
>>
>>50859028
can you recast it?

can you engrave?

if not then it's clearly the misshapen congealed remains of the core of a fire-elemental
>>
>>50859069
Was going to say something similar but you beat me to it.

It could also be the phylactery of a lich slime.
>>
>>50859028
An attempt at creating a philosopher's stone, gone horribly awry and corrupted. While it's does seem to extend life and youth there are certain... side effects. Effects that caused the previous users to choose the death they so long tried to escape.
>>
>>50859028
It kind of looks like coral. Paint it and use it as some kind of coral elemental.
>>
>>50859028
Rust monster spawn. Harmless unless they put it in a container with iron/steel stuff.
>>
>>50859069
...Sweet. A little too high magic for me, but sweet.

>>50859100
Is that a slime that has come back from the dead, or a lich that soaked too long?

>>50859123
Neato! Super too high magic though. I probably should have said the group is low-magic.

>>50859148
The actual prop is several of the "bulbs" wrenched off with pliers and put in a little glass vial.

>>50859187
...Rust Monster eggs look like rust monster food?
>>
>>50859559
How low magic is low magic? We talking no wizards or 1 wizard who got rid of the rest or like thieves world levels of magic?
>>
>>50860030
I don't know what Thieves World is.

The world isn't "Low Magic" as much as much as the party is. They're inquisitors. Think Call of Cthulhu, only witches and warlocks instead of SUPER ANCIENT WORLD DESTROYING ELDER GODS
>>
Meteoric metal. If you're using a mythology that has something similar to Angels it could be the remainder of a fallen deity.

It crossed a higher power and was cast out. The "copper" is all that's left, and any mortal that wields it evokes the ire of that deity.
>>
>>50860133
Maybe some weird king Midas thing but slower, where it slowly turns whatever's is touching it into a similar rusting metal?

Or maybe just the remnants of something ancient, like the core of a golem or some extract that's hardened or calcified and is now unidentifiable in nature
>>
>>50860496
Could be the opposite, an attempt to make something that alkahest can't dissolve. Or maybe an impure alkahest that's crystallized. In either case, there's enough decent work put in that a formula might be able to be figured out if someone in the party's set on it.

Alkahest, in alchemy, is a literal universal solvent. Faster-acting than water, it can break down anything completely and allow its reconfiguration. It's usually mentioned in attempts to make a philosopher's stone. Like the old-school, "turns lead to gold," philosopher's stone, not the anime one made of human souls.
>>
>>50859028

>the blessed dwarf kings turds
>>
>>50860596
Or it's an attempt to make the philosopher's stone that failed. A piece of lead was dropped into the final product and it, instead of turning it to gold, turned it into the profusion of copper you have. It was more than the amount of lead they started with, but it wasn't gold.
>>
>>50859028
A cursed rune, ebbing with bale magiks. It has been melted down, but it still resonates darkly. Dispose of it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.