[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Merry Christmas, No Fun Allowed! Edition Previous thread: &

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 367
Thread images: 57

File: GAAIV.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
GAAIV.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
Merry Christmas, No Fun Allowed! Edition

Previous thread: >>50837380

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://www.magiccards.info

>Thread Topic:
If you could get one card for Christmas, under $10, what would it be?
>>
File: archfiend of depravity.jpg (24KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
archfiend of depravity.jpg
24KB, 200x285px
First for Archfiend of Depravity is best Demon.
>>
>>50855445
I second that
>>
>>50855456
Good taste anon. He's much better in multiplayer, particularly Mazirek if you set things up nicely.

I personally run him very effectively in Lazav. Combine him with things that tap down your opponent's creatures, or "frost" effects, and people will learn to hate that fuck. Desecration Demon isn't bad, but people very quickly realize that, if you don't sacrifice anything, he's much less threatening.
>>
>>50855445
i still have a soft spot for demon of death's gate and reaper from the abyss, but hes a close third
>>
>>50855379
I really need a grave pact for Savra, but I've been stalling on it.
>>
>>50855528
>reaper from the abyss
Oh man, that's my second favorite demon right there. The BBB devotion scares me off a bit, but every time he's hit the field, I've never been disappointed.
>>
>>50855379
On the edge but Maelstrom Wanderer. Now that Yidris is out I want to complete the cascade duo and Maelstrom Wanderer would be perfect for that.
>>
Does there exist a store where I can edit and buy custom cards that look and feel like a regular card once sleeved?

99 out of 100 cards in my deck have the modern card frame and the one card with an old frame is a near-mandatory staple.
It would really please my autism to have all cards uniform, plus it's kind of neat to have a custom card for one of your most important cards (besides the commander, of course).
>>
>>50855527
Niiiiiice. Ran it in my meren deck alongside merciless executioner and fleshbag marauder.
Aye >>50855562
Are you me? Just got yidris and want the og for a big finisher
>>
>>50855626
Planning to upgrade my precon and put him in it when I get back to work over break. Love it, especially the synergy between a hasted yidris that can cascade shit
>>
I keep making little changes but I'm still looking for any advice regarding this Atraxa Infect and +1/+1 counter deck.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/atraxa-counters-infect/
>>
I play a more competitive prossh deck, an someone recommend me some other commanders for a more casual time while being unique.
>>
>>50855822
So are you asking for suggestions, or just complaining, or what?
>>
>>50855822
Didn't you hear anon? Prossh is a pubstomper and if you call him competitive you'll trigger tieranon.
>>
>>50855874
Just asking for suggestions! Forgot to use a question mark.
>>
>>50855546
him and skirsdag high priest are so good at the creep. i can't not have both in a deck if i can't help it
>>
>>50855822
Unique? Nah.
Casual? play newzuri with lots of small unblockable shit. Not the best, but pretty fun pumping up your little dudes for lethal.
>>
>>50855445
>not Rune Scarred Demon
Pleb detected
>>
>>50855822
i find building a deck for less than 50 bucks makes more fun decks. but unique? try and build isperia, supreme judge
>>
eldritch evolution has really dropped in value. should a grab a few now for my green decks or is it a bad card?
>>
>>50856453
Nah, wait till standard rotates. While it's not the best card, its not awful, just don't spend more than like $2 on it unless you need it.
>>
>>50856453
Would be better if it were instant, or if it were worded like Scapeshift. If the deck isn't tuned for it, you just get yourself 2-for-1'd.
>>
>>50855379
Is grave pact still under 10? I want a grave pact
>>
File: ss+(2016-12-24+at+03.41.40).jpg (10KB, 278x53px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-12-24+at+03.41.40).jpg
10KB, 278x53px
>>50856621
You can get it for around ten.
>>
So I typically build control decks, that usually do alright with liberal use of using politics to win games. Lately people have caught on, started accusing me of being a cult leader, and not believing a word I say, even when I never outright lie, and point out legitimate threats on the board.

I need a new deck, but combo is frowned upon, so I need to out-value the table, and I still want a hint of politics, even if those jerks won't drink my kool-aid. I was thinking of building Tasigur, as he has some political bent with his ability, but I'm not sure how to win with the deck, other than, like, TaN Entwined Craterhoof/Avenger.

So I could use card suggestions, if anyone has it? Anything political is awesome.
>>
>>50846753

So what do you use for the Thopter Tribal? I have a lot of work to do on my Breya token deck.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/breya-mistress-of-tokens-budget/
>>
>>50856453
its probably as low as its going to be until it rotates but even then i doubt it will go down lower than a dollar
>>
>>50856621
The stronghold one is about $9.50.
>>
File: 1415152037045.jpg (157KB, 747x646px) Image search: [Google]
1415152037045.jpg
157KB, 747x646px
>Regular group is out of town for the holidays
>Go with a friend to a LGS for EDH night
>Someone asks me if I have trades, hand over my binder
>They hand me a binder full of 2-5 dollar standard cards
>Get huffy when I wont trade them a Cradle for actual garbage

Why do people feel entitled to get nice things for nothing?
>>
>>50856829

Doesn't look much different from the precon

You do have some absolutely terrible cards in there like whirler maker and tenza, but im really liking that the tappedout price total is only $80, which means you probably paid like $45 including the precon

Try running Bident of Thassa, it's really strong to drop it the turn after breya
>>
>>50857664

Oh I know it's terrible and barely changed. I'm more of a flavor person, and I need to make a big order of cards soon.
>>
>>50857724

I don't think it's terrible, you have a few bad cards but the deck itself isn't terrible
>>
>>50855617
Please respond
>>
>>50858433
No. There is no such store. Happy?
>>
File: wurmcoilengine.jpg (56KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
wurmcoilengine.jpg
56KB, 265x370px
Meh artwork
>>
>>50857620
Had a similar experience with some guy looking to build a modern urza lands deck I don't pay attention to anything but legacy and commander got all pissy when I refused to trade my multiple playsets of them for rare bin fodder even more absurd considering a playset of each lands isn't much
>>
guise, need help sorting out my EDH deck:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ichiban-commandaruu

Ive just bought Breed Lethality and previously built an EDH deck around Anafenza the Foremost which i ran in a few games last month.

I haven't added basic lands yet and I have too many creatures and not enough spells and my maybeboard is huge. Im new to Commander format and building around Atraxa. Looking at the blueprint of the deck what stuff goes out, what stuff goes in?
>>
>>50858908
I don't know why but the damn orange border ruins the masterpieces for me.
>>
>>50858964
Depends, are yours whitebordered or black bordered?
>>
>>50858908
Now that I got a larger image of it, I actually think it looks really nice.
>>
>>50859375
So what is a japanese black bordered urza's mine worth?
>>
>>50859411
Chronicles version 4, one with the diving suit looking thing.
>>
>>50859427
Depends, if near mint probably around 10€ if I had to guess since there are none available atleast on magiccardmarket.
>>
>>50859344
same
>>
>>50859344

Agreed. The expeditions are pretty okay looking, but these just look awful.
>>
>>50859344
I like it
>>
File: maximumsmug.jpg (35KB, 482x309px) Image search: [Google]
maximumsmug.jpg
35KB, 482x309px
Putting the finishing touches on my King Macar Vehicle deck with hand control subtheme feels sooo good man. Can't see what goodies AER brings. I love it when old legendaries are made relevant again.
>>
>>50856621
Unless you run monoblack, just get Dictate of Erebos for like 1/5 of the price
>>
>>50856621
you can always settle for a dictate of erebos or run both
>>
What are some good blue/black discard and zombie creature spells?
>>
>>50859979
I also like it.
>>50860308
I'm in the process of making jor kadeem vehicle rush with forced combat and power ups. I also can't wait for the new vehicles and any support they'll be given.
>>
>>50860432

Lilliana's reaver
>>
Do you think a Creakwood Liege could replace an Elvish Archdruid for a Nath deck? I'm running it more stax-centric and I'm still lacking in fodder makers, Bitterblossom is too expensive and nobody seems to own Ophiomancer on the whole planet.
>>
>>50859344
I also find that the border doesn't fit all decks if you want to go for a certain aesthetic like all gray/silver for a colorless deck. What bothers me more about the masterpieces is that the foiling is more like the FTV foiling which doesn't really accentuate parts of the art as well as normal foiling can. This is really just me nitpicking though.

>>50860432
Zombie infestation and necromancer's stockpile. Cryptbreaker is on theme as well. I also like magus of the bazaar for discarding and digging through your deck. You may also want to look at spellshapers like bog witch if you want repeatable discard outlets, though the tap part and mana requirements aren't ideal.
>>
Just finishing up the changes to my Slobad deck. It hasn't been updated in... a long time. Basically, I made this a few years ago... and when Daretti released and became flavor of the month, I was fucking livid. (Since he's basically everything the deck wants, AND can be a commander, it spelled death to my commander...) But I've since recouped confidence in Slobad. He is actually very viable and has numerous advantages over Daretti. He's basically never a target, he's cheaper, he sacs any # of artifacts at instant speed, etc. Anyways, thoughts on my changelog?

-Masticore
-Darksteel Juggernaut
-Darksteel Colossus
-Arcbound Crusher
-Arcbound Reclaimer
-Kuldotha Phoenix
-Anger - hastes
-Imperial Recruiter - too expensive $
-Squee, Goblin Nabob
-Copper Gnomes
-Magus of the Moon
+Feldon of the Third Path
+Combustible Gearhulk
+Thopter Assembly
+Mycosynth Golem
+Palladium Myr
+Iron Myr
+Foundry Inspector
+Shimmer Myr

-Grim Monolith
-Chrome Mox
-Expedition Map
+Mind Stone
+Hedron Archive
+Commander's Sphere
+Darksteel Forge
+Myr Turbine

+Daretti, Scrap Savant
-Wheel of Fate
-Wild Guess
+Scrap Mastery
+Reforge the Soul
+Cathartic Reunion
-Mishra's Workshop - too expensive
-Wooded Foothills - too expensive
-Scalding Tarn - too expensive
-Bloodstained Mire - too expensive
+Inventor's Fair
+3 Mountain

(Will post entire deck in link if needed)
>>
>>50860602
Some reasoning behind certain changes:
Needed more mana rocks. Those creatures at the top weren't threatening enough. With the loss of Imperial Recruiter, I traded magus of moon for the enchantment. Same reason I tossed anger, though I'm considering Hammer of Purphoros as his replacement.

Replaced Wheel of Fate with Reforge the Soul and Wild Guess with Cathartic Reunion.

Wanted to try out Darksteel Forge since I've never actually played with it. Tossed expedition map since I'm ditching Mishra's Workshop for price reasons.
>>
>>50860500
Bitterblossom is $15, how poor are you anon?

I'd definitely do that replacement if the mana loss isn't a big deal.
>>
>>50860730
Not that I don't have the money, but I just can't justify to myself to spend $15 on a sheet of cardboard. The most I've spent on a single card is 6 yuros on a Contamination and only because it's pretty much irreplaceable. Sooner than Bitterblossom I'd rather pick up Earthcraft anyway.
>>
Yo /edhg/

I have a problem with pillowforting. Can some one recommend a play style or color combo or commander that doesn't do that?
>>
>>50860912
anything with white and blue in it
>>
>>50860912
anything with green and red in it
>>
>>50860602
Here's mine, if you're looking to compare.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/slobad-isnt-sobad/
>>
>>50860912
What playstyle do you want that isn't pillowfort? Combo? Aggro? Shenanigans? Group hug?
>>
may I get some opinions?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/24-12-16-long-may-she-reign/
>>
File: isamaru_maxed-out.png (715KB, 726x996px) Image search: [Google]
isamaru_maxed-out.png
715KB, 726x996px
First for overpowered puppers!
>>
>>50860912
anything with black and red in it
>>
>>50860912
anything with white and green in it
>>
>>50860912
anything
>>
>>50860990
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/slobad-isnt-sobad/

Yeah, I intentionally have very little to do with infinite comboing unless I luck into it. That's the biggest difference in my deck from most Slobad/Daretti I see.

Why do you have liquimetal coating and into the core, but no vandalblast/karn/mycosynth lattice?

Here's my list, btw.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/slowbad-edhcommander-absolute-armageddon/
>>
>>50861118
Now THAT's a good boy
>>
>>50861222
I use the coating to protect slobad from board wipes, and occasionally have it target someones planeswalkers when I use jokulhaups.

Probably should add Vandalblast, but the reason for no Karn and Lattice is price. Karn's not worth his price point to me and I dont have $20+ to drop on a single card right now.
>>
>>50859344
They look better in real life. A guy at my FLGS collects the things.

>>50860912
I call it group murder orgy. Sorry for the weird formatting.
http://pastebin.com/a9gDNsgV
>>
>>50861396
I've started to collect the ones that I run in my Lubu voltron, I may have to actually go after the swords now though, I'm just not looking forward to handing out the dosh for them.
>>
File: THE_FORGECANNON_by_Slobad.png (603KB, 645x606px) Image search: [Google]
THE_FORGECANNON_by_Slobad.png
603KB, 645x606px
>>50861352
Lattice is expensive but Karn is only $5ish around here.

What's your favorite thing to do in your deck? I posted this in the last thread, pretty funny when it goes off, although I don't really do infinites typically.

Also, Kuldotha Forgemaster into Blightsteel Colossus is priceless. Wasteland/Strip Mine + Crucible is a good way to lose friends. I really like Winter Orb in Slobad because it's almost a 2-mana "take an extra turn" card (everyone is tapped out, you drop orb, they do nothing that turn, you sac before upkeep)
>>
>>50861479

One of my favorite things in Breya is using Kuldotha Forgemaster in my upkeep to get Scourglass, getting around the dreadful drawback of Scourglass
>>
>>50861522
Scourglass... I was drooling over that for Slobad until I saw it was White. Damn you, wizards.
>>
>>50861479
Oh you mean the original Karn. I thought you meant the planeswalker. lmfao

My favorite thing to do is to blow up everyones lands and rocks, but save my lotus/chalice with Ward of Bones out.
>>
>>50861579

I have a foil one and it's gorgeous, I mostly play for that reason, the card is clunky enough to be cut but I like it too much

I also run Soulscour
>>
File: Soulscour.jpg (65KB, 410x326px) Image search: [Google]
Soulscour.jpg
65KB, 410x326px
>>50861583
Original Karn turns mana rocks/other useful shit on their board into a creature for 1 mana each, which lets you fuck with board wipes that hit creatures and not artifacts. This is especially good for making people think twice about wrath/damnation when they have 4 mana rocks out.

>>50861620
Good taste, anon. I don't like white but certain things are awesome within it.
>>
I've tried some General Tazri as a 5 color Zada tutor and she just feels more janky than a regular Zada deck. Where instead of using rituals and Skirk Prospector to fuel chains of cantrips into an ultimate win condition like Fiery Gambit, you use mana dorks and untap effects. Even the basic premise of using Tazri as a tutor for Zada, with other Ally synergies as a backup, just seems more janky.

Also, Zada can run Blood Moon and Magus of the Moon without blowing herself up.
>>
>>50861738
Former Taz/secret Zada player. It's fun because you get to abuse cards like Lab man, but if Zada gets exiled you're in for a bad time. I eventually changed it to an inktreader deck since I figured I'd rather have fun than be "unique".
>>
>>50861396
I'm just not a huge fan of orange and they used that colour a bit too much in the artworks and borders. Opinions. I do think that the new ravager looks kind of nice tho.
>>
Anything similar to Deathrite Shaman, Night Soil and whatever that BG version of Night Soil?
I'm going to be running -somethiing- UBG, and I need things to use all of those cards hitting opponent's graveyards.
>>
>>50860308
>King Macar
>Vehicles
You fucking genius
>>
>>50862030
Nezumi Graverobber?
>>
>>50862030
Look up Lazav and Gitrog Monster decks for ideas.
>>
>>50862030
you mean exile people's graves and get value out of it?

puppeteer clique, scavenging ooze and diluvian primordial are the first that come to mind (since they're really fucking good).
>>
File: 1402461582649.png (140KB, 326x226px) Image search: [Google]
1402461582649.png
140KB, 326x226px
>>50860766

I envy your self control

>tfw my average deck price has crept over a grand
>>
File: 1321919462498.gif (2MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1321919462498.gif
2MB, 300x200px
>want to finish artifact deck
>don't want it to just be mono-brown good stuff
>finished last-minute Christmas shopping put a big dent in checking account
Fuck, I hate this holiday
>>
File: c4rd4r7_8hh1QDfUuk.jpg (228KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_8hh1QDfUuk.jpg
228KB, 750x450px
>>50861090
No one huh?
>>
>>50861118
>No indestructible or unblockable

Would not rub belly/10
>>
>>50862520
>>50861090
looks alright, although i'm not sure about that token theme. monarch is alright, but it's not worth that much build-around. specifically cards like marsh flitter and typhoid rats are really low-value for edh.

i'd do something a bit more goodstuffy with your creatures, and add a bit of artifact manafix/ramp.

also make sure your pillowfort actually wins at some point with some specific set of cards
>>
>>50862506
>>50860766
i just personally don't buy anything that is over 5 dollars unless it's very unique and interesting. like, i don't see the point of buying mana crypts and shit. they don't make your deck anymore fun to play, they just make it go off faster, and that's not fun for anyone in the group.

but then cards like sneak attack, like yeah, that is fun and unique, and is therefore worth buying
>>
>>50861090
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/24-12-16-long-may-she-reign/
>>50862520

I don't get what your deck is supposed to be doing. The mana base is super weird. why the show lands for creatures you don't have any/a lot of?
>>
>>50862524
>No ...unblockable
>Protection from Creatures
Anon please...
>>
>>50862555
The tokens are honestly just there to build a wall or get the burn/ drain effects from stuff like helldriver for, Flitter I can drop easy, And rats are there for the same reason loyal sentry is, one less reason for them to attack me with something big.
>Ramp
Any recommendations in WBR?
>>50862576
Build a fort, tax people to death.
> why the show lands for creatures you don't have any/a lot of?
I'm assuming you are talking about hovel and Ampitheater, Really only in there because they hit two colors and I'd rather be assured two colors and it come in tapped than be slamming my head against the table for half a game waiting on what I need.
>>
>>50861948
Ink-Treader as general, or just generally tutoring for it? Because I think Ink-Treader as general is a little too broken, especially as a nonlegal choice.
>>
>>50862653
i can see where you're coming from with the token stuff, but it's still a bit wonky. i wouldn't personally build her like that, but it's your money so whatever

>Any recommendations in WBR?

signets, fellwar stone, command tower, darksteel ingot, gilded lotus, solemn simulacrum
>>
>>50862661
As a general, I removed all Threaten effects from the deck. It exists purely to A. Keep everyone alive as long as possible and B. Keep the game from ending early

I literally gain a shit ton of life, then use that life as a backup to keep everyone from killing everybody else. Everyone gets the satisfaction of killing "the guy with 200 life", and nobody has to leave a game saying "I wish player x hadn't won in such a bullshit way".

The entire deck list is just ways to dick on players trying to be asses, and other silver bullets, while messing with the boardstate. Someone has a Yidris deck? Oh look, eidolon of rhetoric. Somebody having a problem getting past 3 Mana? Fertilid. The deck actively attempts to make every game balanced (I refuse to play it in games with less than 4 people, though).
>>
>>50862726
See, I wouldn't want to hold back with winning. Especially with a card like Ink-Treader that can arbitrarily dick with the boardstate.
>>
>>50862736
play edh with shitters long enough and you will turn into a dbz villain who spends the whole game messing with his opponents from a dominant position instead of going for the win, and then ultimately throws the game
>>
>>50862661
Burnished hart is excellent and sun-titan/alesha recurable ramp. Knight of the white orchard gets a basic plains. Explorer's scope fetches what ever land you need. Mardu Ramp is almost entirely artifact based. I'd also replace commanders sphere with darksteel ingot. Liliana of the Dark Realms is also a great ramp package. she fetches swamps (including duals) to hand, can kill indestrucible with her -3 if you have urborg out, and her ult is just stupid if you can get it to trigger.

As for tokens you should grab Brimaz, King of Oreskos, Elspeth, Sun's Champion, and Brutal Horde Chief to A) Control the entirity of you combat phase and B) Gain/Drain Life from your army of tokens. Finally Secure the waste is a grade A token producer.
>>
>>50862827
White Orchid can nab anything from mistveil plains to scrubland
>>
>>50860335
>>50860318
I already have Dictate. I wanna run both.

I run Commune with the Gods so it helps to just dig and having them stack is nice.
>>
>>50862736
Anyone can run threaten effects, pump effects, and draw effects, then just win as soon as you get the treader to stick around on a decent board state.

It takes a truely skilled player to be both beneficiary and adversary simultaneously in a single round. I do what every Zedruu player can only dream of, politic in ways Tasigur cannot imagine, and ultimately care less about the actual win than grouphuggers or kingmakers ever will. It's about the game, friend. And although this may seem autistic, I play my own game with Magic.
>>
File: 1481760482739.png (497KB, 595x797px) Image search: [Google]
1481760482739.png
497KB, 595x797px
>reanimate jin-gitaxias turn 2 in mimeoplasm by pure luck
>now I get targeted every game because over arcum fucking daggson because of that one instance

Fuck my group and everyone in it
>>
File: 1410730251721.jpg (83KB, 400x489px) Image search: [Google]
1410730251721.jpg
83KB, 400x489px
>>50863140
Well, that might mellow the tension alright
>>
>>50862030

Golgari germination
>>
>>50863162
I'm not gay anon and also I don't want to be the cuck"er" of the sole female in the group.
>>
File: gwafa.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
gwafa.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
So I recently built a Pillowfort deck with Gwafa and to add some fun I tossed in the 8 Planeswalkers I had in the colors to add a nice theme to it.

No one in my group has ran that many planeswalkers before and it was our first true pillowfort and needless to say it went very well and I had a blast piloting it.

I had included things like the Thousand Year Elixer and Unbender Time to hit Gwafa's ability twice or ramp some mana rocks if things get staxy.

I was able to pick up an Ajani Steadfast for only $9 and it seems to have surged recently so I bit the bullet and and committing to a more straight up Superfriends build.

The Chain Veil is on its way and I was wondering if I should include my Apetto Alchemist for more untap shenanigans.

I may have trades lined up for a Jace, the Mind Sculptor and maybe Karn, Liberated.

Would they be worth it?

Besides that all I can think to get is another Rings of Brighthearth since my only one is in another deck with my only Grim Monolith.

If I fit Rings should I include the Grim just to have the infinite mana possibility?

Is Sphinx Revalation worthwhile? It seems like it would be nice late game if I have mana to dump

Should I get more board wipes? I am considering putting in a Magus of the Disk and a Nevryils Disk

Are any of the Elspeths worthwhile?I feel like most future cuts are going to come from the creature department

Do I need more ramp?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/planeswalkers-profiting-from-gwafas-pillowfort/
>>
>>50863140
>playing Jin

deserve it
>>
>>50863301
if you are forting hard enough sun's champion wins games. Make sure you plus her enough to survive the ult and start shitting out 3 3/3 flier's every turn. No one can stop you.
>>
>>50863331
You must also concede whenever someone plays blazing archon I assume?
>>
>>50854450
That card is the tits
>>
Would a deck be more fun if it didn't have tokens or counters in it
>>
>>50855379
Shit mang, if I could get any card for 10 bucks I'd get a Mint beta Black Lotus.
>>
>>50863480
Can't attack you =/= no hand
Not at all. But if you don't expect a creature than can lock the game down on its own to warrant hate, you're being naive.
>>
>>50863140
>>50863331

To be fair, doing some crazy shit like that merits people targeting your deck. If you're the biggest threat, it's only logical. Don't bash them for playing smart.

Conversely, they shouldn't get buttmad when a deck (yours, in this case) plays out properly. Just say GG and move on.
>>
>>50863301

i think sphinx's revelation is worthwhile

great card
>>
File: 1482519669462.jpg (202KB, 1200x1215px) Image search: [Google]
1482519669462.jpg
202KB, 1200x1215px
EDHgen, which is the best or most fun Voltron commander that is not Narset, Uril, Godo or Zur?
>>
>>50864882
Uril and Hodo are the only true voltron commanders of the 4 you listed. It then comes down to do tou like enchantress or equipment. If the latter, I strongly suggest adding at least W for their equipment shell
>>
>>50864882
There is Krond the Dawn-Clad
>>
>>50863140
>Turn 2 magus of the bazaar followed up with turn 3 victimize shitting out jin-gitaxias and it that betrays
>they fuck with my shit every game and just ignore the animar that wins 4/5 games now
yep
>>
>>50864994
It's almost as if people would rather play edh, get trampled for 67294 damage than have no hand, no land, and just watch one dude masturbate his solitaire deck for 10 minutes.
>>
>>50865100
yeah, what the fuck is wrong with these people? fucking UGx shitters just want to play their memehoof and anything else is "unfun"
>>
>>50865111
My argument is hand/land destruction will net you more hate than turning a creature sideways at you.
>>
>>50865191
yeah exactly fuck those UG ass holes
>>
>>50857620

>Why do people feel entitled to get nice things for nothing?

They built up the idea of the trade in their head as this incredibly magical event that would solve all their life problems. Basically they wanted the feeling of the trade.
>>
>>50859344

>I don't know why but the damn orange border ruins the masterpieces for me.

Its a test to see if the players deserve to have the old borders back :)
>>
>>50864882
Derevi
>>
>>50862044
>>50860308
I don't get macar vehicles.. Mind explaining?
Only thing I can figure out is crewing.
>>
>>50864882
Kaseto and if you don't believe me, here's why: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mgs-kamigawa-crisis/
>>
>>50862653
Best ramp in mardu is shit like land tax, weathered wayfarer and tithe.
>>
>>50861948
>if Zada gets exiled you're in for a bad time
I got a list with Ink-Treader and Mirrorwing as backups, and there's stuff like Pull from Eternities.
>>
File: anon gets rekt.jpg (155KB, 1294x517px) Image search: [Google]
anon gets rekt.jpg
155KB, 1294x517px
>tfw yore-tiller nephilim will never be legendary
for my personal taste he has the coolest ability of the bunch, and it's fucking wasted
>>
I'm looking to improve all my EDH decks with unthinkable cards. Value or shenanigans.

My list is :

Horde of Notions Elemental toolbox

Rakdos Demon and Eldrazi party

Kalemne Voltron

For example, is not very orthodox but I run cauldron of souls in Horde of notions deck and its great value for evoke and wipes. Also Conjurer Closet on Tyrant Nnnghhh...

On Kalemne using nahiri machinations with Odrich Nnnghhh all creatures with vigilance double strike and indestructible...

Help me?
>>
>>50865935
>Inspired — Whenever King Macar, the Gold-Cursed becomes untapped, you may exile target creature. If you do, create a colorless artifact token named Gold. It has "Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool."
>Tap to crew
>Untap to Exile
>Tap to crew
>Untap to Exile
>>
I know this is asked a thousand times, but is there a list of good cheap commanders?
I want to play with friends with a deck that can actually win and is fun.
>>
File: atraxa.png (122KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
atraxa.png
122KB, 223x311px
>>50866835
>>
>>50866847
Atraxa looks awesome, but a friend of mine already runs it, so it's not an option
>>
File: lazav,dimirmastermind.hq.jpg (187KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
lazav,dimirmastermind.hq.jpg
187KB, 480x680px
>>50866869

then clone all his shit and removal out the ass
>>
>>50866891
Ahahaha I know this will seem like I'm trolling, but my other friend runs Lazav.

Fuck
>>
>>50866891
I've been considering either building Brago or Mizzix, but I don't know if they can be built on a budget or if they are too annoying to play against.
>>
>>50866835
>Xenagos, God of Revels
He's gone up quite a bit in price, but the rest of the deck should be fairly cheap.

>Gonti, lord of luxury
>Most of the C15 commanders (Mizzix, Meren, Ezuri)
>>
>>50866835
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-commander-purphoros-god-of-the-forge-53

Upside: Cheap and effective.
Downside: Repetitive and your friends will hate you
>>
File: 1426576635049.png (469KB, 638x533px) Image search: [Google]
1426576635049.png
469KB, 638x533px
>>50861118
>In response to attack tap Oblivion's Stone/Nevinyrral's Disk/Quicken + any wrath effect
>>
>>50857620
>check somebody's trade binder
>"will you take cash instead of trades?"
>If yes, proceed to TCG price, and agree on reasonable transfer of money and cards
>if no, thank them for letting me look

Are MTG players really this awful? I only play EDH and the odd Standard night or two.
>>
>>50867060
>will you take cash
Not a good idea to try that in a LGS, It seems pretty universally frowned upon and some will even kick you out for it. But yeah, trading with strangers (hell, and even with friends sometimes) always feels like you have to actively avoid being ripped off.
>>
>>50858469
I appreciate the response but I am not happy
>>
>>50867004
OK, Hyena Umbra goes away, swing for lethal.
>>
>>50866905
How about Mimoplasm?
>>
>>50867060

As >>50867127 said, I would never sell my cards in a LGS, it just seems rude. The other issue is that the sort of fellow who wants to trade standard jank for $100+ cards either doesn't have that sort of cash, or is trying to rip someone off.

Trading with EDH players is especially tilting, since a lot of the EDH only crowd (where I live at least) doesn't seem to have a great grasp on card prices, and can be pretty unpleasant when you don't want to hand them Legacy staples for the dollar cards they have in their binders. I have just had so many experiences of trying to trade for like, a play set of Boggles for a Pauper deck, having someone pull out a dual or some equivalent card, and getting salty as fuck when I won't just hand it over. Like I understand finding some random stuff to even out a close trade, but when it's $50+ off it's probably just not happening.
>>
>>50855966
>Demon of Death's Gate
>6 life
>3 black creatures
>Mana cost is 6BBB
Oh hey, I just got that.
>>
>>50867127
>>50867447
Huh, most LGS's here in Australia, at least GoodGames and my current LGS don't give a fuck. It's up to players to trade with whatever the fuck they agree upon. If a player agrees to trade a card for a fucking blowjob so long as that shit is done elsewhere my LGS owner could literally not care.

So long as it's legal goods being traded (cash, other items ETC) he leaves us card players to our own devices. We all give him way more money than we should on cards anyway.

He legit makes i think somewhere in the top 5 of all sales in my state, so he has no reason to limit almost anything.
>>
>>50867509

Australia always sounds so relaxed.
>>
>>50864895
ZURGO!
>>
>>50867447
Make them price check allways
>>
>>50867531
LGS owner even lets us leave cards in a box in envelopes there for other players.

We put a card in an envelope, writewho it;s for and how much, they pick up the card and put the money in the envelope, and then we check it next time we're in.

Really relaxed system, our drafts and sealed tournies go really fucking easy too, nobody EVER cheats and most people know the rules to a T.
>>
>>50865841
Don't even joke, I feel like no one likes that card. I'll just untap my lands
>>
>>50866891
I have somebody in my playgroup that made a very successful bant clone deck. Clone decks usually are better when not playing lazav.
>>
how much do you guys normally spend on a deck?
>>
>>50867842
What does he use that makes it better?
>>
>>50862640
Unblockable isn't a keyword. Protection is and thus can be removed by effects like sudden spoiling, snakeform, etc.

Maybe try getting to know the game a little better before presuming someone is naive. And merry christmas ya filthy animal.
>>
>>50867921
Don't know the guy you were specifically talking about but with green you rite of rep/spitting image + doubling season/parallel lives, altered ego, and progenitor mimic as the big ones that are good clone effects.
>>
File: 20160404_204618_HDR~2.jpg (805KB, 1800x2463px) Image search: [Google]
20160404_204618_HDR~2.jpg
805KB, 1800x2463px
>>50867872
2.5-4k depends on how much is missing or how many colors it is .

>TFW come January Braids will still be banned
>>
>>50867872
Between 80 to 100 tix.
>>
>>50867872
My base build of a deck comes around 30-100 USD depending on what I have for it. I steadily upgrade it from there, most of it going towards the manabase.
>>
>>50867921
He straight up was just ramping and playing control with twice as many lands as a traditional control deck. Use a little white/land based pillowforting and then wait for the big shit to happen and then clone the best things. After that bounces and reanimation kept the clones comming and he essentially was able to camp on big spells like twincast so he could steal tooth and nails or instant speed change his clone into the terrastadon that was just played after its targets were picked with his cloudshift/flicker effects.
>>
>>50867979
Why do dudes wanna build braids again? She seems good for competitive cutthroat metas but she doesn't look all to fun to play with or against.
>>
File: pyramid.png (214KB, 1600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pyramid.png
214KB, 1600x600px
>>50868113
It's the base because so many people reside there.
>>
>>50867872

Most of my decks sit between 800 to 1,500 Burgerbux, but I rarely spend more than a couple hundred on a new deck. I have been playing for forever, so I own most of what I need at this point.
>>
>>50867354
>protection from all colours
JUDGE
>>
>>50867872
Thirty bucks for precon and all the cards my uncle gave me, plus all the theros ravnica and tarkir packs like five hundred bucks
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 824x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 824x960px
>>50867872
3-900
>>
A friend is trying to convince me to play MTGO with him. How terrible of an idea is this? It seems pretty terrible.
>>
>>50868132
Can I substitute scrambleverse for knowledge pool
>>
File: CjZzziMUoAAJ41v.jpg (124KB, 600x838px) Image search: [Google]
CjZzziMUoAAJ41v.jpg
124KB, 600x838px
>>50868113
Because magic should be about personal expression and no archetypes should be off limits. I don't find some archetypes fun (storm, narset mono turns, Leovold wheels) but the thing is, those are the decks people want to play and which they feel represents them. I like pox, stax, and lockdown. I play lantern in modern and pox in legacy, it isn't exclusively what I play, but it's the style I've most connected with. Having an obscure board of players have complete control over the banlist with their own bias as to what EDH should be is antithetical to the spirit of magic.

>>50868132
Trollpost, or didn't read his own graph. "Unfun" is a master EDH player.
>>
File: 1464673348533.png (1MB, 1280x715px) Image search: [Google]
1464673348533.png
1MB, 1280x715px
>group targets my gitgud frog deck every game
>brago player always ends up winning with sudden lolinstawin combo
>>
>>50868132
I have mixed feelings about that chart.
>>50868243
Fair enough.
>>
>>50867872
Depends on what the deck needs.
If it needs a Bazaar of Baghdad and a Timetwister, I'll get it those.
Library of Alexandria unban when?
>>
>>50868307
It's a memester map for someone wanting to feel superior about his special snowflake cancer chaos deck.
No one really should judge themselves based on such things anyway. I think that only things that matters is that your skill on what to play and when and deckbuilding skills, especially with a tight budget.
Afterall, it's possible to create a good deck without the common expensive staples. Not gonna end up as optimized as possible, but I think it's an important skill.

There's a guy in our LGS, playing monoblue and grixis at least and he just netdecked both and he can't play for shit. Shame, since he has ABUR duals and other expensive shit in the Grixis deck.
>>
>>50863140
Got a guy in my playgroup who has a deck that tries to reanimate jin-gitaxias as early as possible.

tutor for jin gitaxias, discard it to a loot spell, reanimate it. Even better is when he gets a turn 1 EOT entomb into untap play X reanimate spell.

And unless we have instant speed removal, he will fill up his hand at the end of the turn, which probably has another reanimate and 1-2 counterspells to protect it.

Then when 2 people use their removal on it after they untap and it gets countered, and the third player gets through and kills it, only he and the jin player has a hand anymore. Then he reanimates it again, draws a full hand, and protects it against the last remaining threat.

So we target him and kill him, even when he doesn't have a tutor for jin gitaxias.
Why? Because we know his deck can do it, and it can happen at any moment.
>>
>>50867872

$200-$400
>>
>>50868208
its cool if you like paying for cards twice i guess
>>
I feel like this is the best I can make my Atraxa deck now. Anything major I missed?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/atraxa-counters-infect/
>>
>>50868154
This is also my price range, sometimes closer to 2k. It helps to own all the duals and most legacy staples. The most I've ever had to pump into a deck was 1000 to get the tabernacle for my stax deck, because my old one fell pray to a rogue wiener dog.
>>
File: The Price of Progress.png (27KB, 556x504px) Image search: [Google]
The Price of Progress.png
27KB, 556x504px
>>50867872
$200-$350 for our good decks that we play the most.

We also have a bunch of $100 and below that work well against eachother.

It isn't the biggest playgroup but we have over 20 decks between us.

Its rough for the decks inbetween those two areas because they get crushed by the good decks and crush the weak decks.

Not listed in pic is my ~$70 Cantrip/Counterspell tribal Talarand Deck.
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 500x667px
>Tfw running out of commanders that are interesting to me

Pretty much everything I haven't already built that looks cool is too good for my group.
>>
>>50868946
>Pretty much everything I haven't already built that looks cool is too good for my group.

Then tone it down?

Its easier to make a good commander bad than a bad commander good.
>>
File: 1481930783290.jpg (529KB, 2173x1775px) Image search: [Google]
1481930783290.jpg
529KB, 2173x1775px
>>50868946
>tfw to intelligent for edh
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 960x923px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 960x923px
>>50868957
>low power narset

ITS NOT POSSIBLE AAA YOU HAVE TO PUT IN LITERAL GARBAGE
>>
>>50868946
Aki line slinger and silias renn
>>
>>50868772
I think a lot of people are going wrong with Atraxa superfriends, so I like your angle. However some of the cards are just bad, like most infect creatures. You ideally want stuff that will either give a player a counter early (Glistener Elf, Plague Stinger), or with evasion (Blighted Agent), or with guaranteed giving of aids (Ichor Rats). I could see cutting Ichorclaw Myr but no one ever really wants to block it so it kinda has unblockable.
The other plan that works with Atraxa Infect is Voltron. Atraxa is great because of she's 4cmc for 4/4 and 4 relevant keywords. Slap some boots, pants, and armour on her and she'll kill in no time. This also means you need more ramp.

Cut:
Trigon, Helm, Blightwidow, Corpse Cur, Flensermite, Necropede, Plague Myr, Phyrexian Swarmlord, Phyrexian Hydra, Priests of Norn, Rotwolf, Toxic Nim, Tine Shrike, Lost Leonin, Bred for the Hunt, Retreat to Kazandu, Overrun, In Garruks Wake, Diabolic Tutor

Add:
Golgari+Dimir Signet, Steel of the Godhead, Helm of the Ghastlord, Shield of the Oversoul, Edge of the Divinity, Gift of the Deity, Rogue's Passage, Triumph of the Hordes, Crux of Fate, Argentum Armor, Kodama's Reach, Cultivate, Harrow.
Add in a bit more ramp and some other stronk creatures and you're golden.
>>
File: coffeespray.jpg (168KB, 640x336px) Image search: [Google]
coffeespray.jpg
168KB, 640x336px
>Looking at magic card market prices for the first time
Holy Shit they ship to the US right?
>>
>>50868993
We have a new Boros player using the Partners as Equipment Voltrons with solid artifact play and I have to say, they work VERY well.
Dropping a lategame Mycosynth to pump that commander to for EZ lethal without even needing doublestrike.
Not sure how competitive it will be in the long run but we hadn't had a Voltrong deck in the meta for a long time and it took everyone off guard.
>>
I want more graveyard hate/betrayal to go with mimeoplasm any suggestions
>>
>>50869066
Yes but you will pay with the Euro so remember to convert the price.
>>
>>50869066
I don't think they ship overseas but I may be unsure. Remember they aren't using US currency though.
>>
File: t0Mv4[1].png (10KB, 632x233px) Image search: [Google]
t0Mv4[1].png
10KB, 632x233px
>>50869078
>>50869090
Paying in Euros is not the reason I'm worried
>>
>>50869140
I still want a french version of Descend Upon the Sinful.
>>
>>50868776
>having a tabernacle destroyed.
Fuck man. At least that puts any damaged cards I was upset about in perspective.
>>
>>50868776
fucking wiener dogs man
at least they are adorable
>>
>>50856271
Not that anon
I came here just to post this
>>
>>50868243
The graph specifically states chaos is ultimate EDH, not tryhard Braids stax. Heed your own advice and read the graph next time, buddy.
>>
>>50869042

My worry with your suggestion of going Atraxa voltron and adding those Auras is mostly that I have no way of getting them back once Atraxa is dead. I think the best option would be Equipments in that case. Edge of the Divinity seems solid regardless though, 1 drop for +3/+3 sounds good to me. Fitting in a Kodama's Reach and a Cultivate is likely a good idea though, and Argentum Armor is pretty tempting, high mana cost aside. Maybe Darksteel Plate would be a good idea too.

Ideally the deck is an infect deck first, followed by a counters deck. Voltron is a distant third option opened up by Prowler's Helm, Sword of Vengeance, Grafted Exoskeleton, anything like that to make Atraxa that more scary, but she's mainly a source of proliferate, and a scary blocker, or evasive lifegainer otherwise.

So I'd like to maintain the infect theme, especially since it can keep me a little safe since yea, I may have a lot of weak 2/2 kinda infect guys, but no one really wants to attack me since I'll weaken or kill their guys when they do.
>>
>>50869194
It's not a huge deal, the 1ish k for the replacement wasn't wallet busting or anything. It just sucks because tabernacle was one of the first cards I ever bought with my own money wayyyy back in the day.
>>50869228
True that. The poor guy died a few years ago, which was worse than losing the tabernacle.
>>
>>50861738
I like the sound of this, never thought of it
>>
>>50855379
Question.
2015 commander all 5 set

is 210$ CAD (155 USD)
a good or bad price for all of them?

I do not own any MTG product now other than the 2016 group hug deck, 100 dragon shield matte white sleeves and a set of 6 sided and assorted gaming dice.
Might get a playmat, but i want it to be custom.

Only interested in commander. nothing else, Don't even have a strong desire to buy singles honestly.

I wanted to buy all of the commander sets 2013-current. That way if players wanted to play I could offer them a nice assortment of pre-con decks.
Failing that I could take them apart and make them into decks from those.

store doesn't have the 2016's in stock or i'd get the other 4 of those cuz partner looks wicked.
>>
>>50869573

>Don't even have a strong desire to buy singles honestly.

you will if you ever play with a precon against somebody not using a precon

but to answer your question, $155 US dollars seems like a good price for all 5 of those precon decks, just basing it off the prices you would usually get trying to buy each of them

however its not a good price relative to the value of the cards in the decks

precons are shit
>>
>>50868132
Read the graph, you troglodyte. The very bottom explains that winning is not the goal. Braids decks are a tryhard magnet. Unfun in the context of the graph very clearly is explained as someone with a deck not focused on winning but fucking up boardstatws, hence Scrambleverse being the apex.
>>
>>50861522
>Kuldotha Forgemaster
>getting to tap in the first place

How retarded is your playgroup?
>>
>>50869646

wait do people actually take that graph seriously?
>>
>>50864882
Go Zurgo or go home
>>
>>50869617
My goal is to try alot of decks, to find some that i enjoy,
I don't want to spend money on singles that will go up or down in value, and i want to keep it casual largely.
Literally all I want out of the game is to sit down and play with cardboard wizards and not worry too much.
>>
>>50869667

well sometimes i get lightning greaves, and sometimes nobody has the removal, especially if its only 2 or 3 players in the game
>>
File: brainhulk.png (337KB, 1144x888px) Image search: [Google]
brainhulk.png
337KB, 1144x888px
>>50868965
>still posting brainlets
>>
>>50869686
Zurgo seems interesting, but can black carry the boros color within for mana ramping and card draw?
>>
File: 1474056037537.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474056037537.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>lord of extinction never gets to attack
I hate my play group
>>
>>50869689

i mean it all depends on who youre playing with

if you have a bunch of friends who you meet up to play games with but none of them have any magic cards, then precons are a good option because they are pretty evenly matched

if you play with people who actually play magic, like have collections and play regularly, then i strongly advise against buying a bunch of precons, it would be a huge waste of money

also even in the former situation, i advise against buying more precons than you have players to play with you somewhat regularly
>>
>>50869787

you're supposed to fling him
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 223x310px
>>50869787
>>
File: 1481500798328.jpg (200KB, 764x512px) Image search: [Google]
1481500798328.jpg
200KB, 764x512px
>>50869803
>>50869828

since im golgari i use jarad, subway spokesman
but black/green attracts so much fucking hate it's awful
>>
>>50868388
>>It's a memester map for someone wanting to feel superior about his special snowflake cancer chaos deck.

chaos decks typically sit at level 2. if the person playing his chaos deck is having fun, he's not playing a level 4-5 deck. a true level 4-5 deck will be just as annoying for the person playing it as it is for everyone else at the table
>>
Anyone get anything magic related for christmas? I sure didnt.
>>
>>50869869
5 years now still waiting for it to happen.
>>
>>50869869
i got a gift card to an lgs
>>
>>50869834
Have you ever tried Lhurgoyf tribal
>>
>>50869681
No. But there is a logic to the graph that is apparently difficult for people to understand.
>>
>>50869573
i mean its not a bad price for them but the 2015 precons are really meh outside of meren and mizzix and even then they require a lot of work to be good. your better off just buying the singles you want from them honestly
>>
>>50869924
But anon, there are like only 4 creatures with the Lhurgoyf type. How could you do that singleton?
>>
>>50869869
my room mate got me a kaladesh box, we are going to draft with it later with some other friends
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 640x466px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 640x466px
>>50870088
>>
>>50869834
Rite of consumption.
>>
>>50869869

Card kingdom gift card
>>
What does exactly the "synergy" percentage on EDHrec mean? How is it calculated? Is it just some ratio of common cards it often appears alongside of for a particular commander?
>>
>>50870185
Card Kingdom: when you want your cards to cost more than they normally would on TCG player
>>
>>50870185
You must've been on the naughty list.
>>
>>50869869
I got money which I will use to buy mtg singles like a responsible adult should, so in a way...
>>
>>50869869
My friend got me a Tinker, which we both didn't realize was banned in EDH. Oh well, I can put it to use in our casual (non-sanctioned) throwback standard decks. The fucker built Necro and I have 90% of Academy.
>>
>>50870238

I'm about to place an order in for several cards, I'm getting the "expensive" cards at TCGplayer, but all the cheapish cards are actually cheaper in the long run at Card Kingdom due to not paying multiple shipping costs.

Splitting my order between the two sites actually saves me like 6 bucks or something.
>>
>make a pretty fun Phage EDH deck
>Go against a Jin in the playgroup
>Watch him durdle around reanimating him and shit
>Rest of the playgroup shits around and targets me at first
>Jin goes on the field at turn 3
>I have Hasty boots and unblockable boots and torpor orb on the field
>Guy who's playing Vorel has an infinite mana combo with Krosan Restorer
>All our hands are wiped, my torpor orb is in play
>Draw Withering Boon
>Vorel uses his infinite mana combo to keep my swamps untapped allowing me to hardcast Phage and not die due to Torpor orb
>Equip both boots on her and insta kill Jin
>Jin player is all butthurt because Vorel kept me going and killed him off

Honestly if you are playing Jin you deserve all the hate you get at your table.
>>
>>50866526
Its hard to suggest things without a list but Serra ascendant, Hall of the Bandit Lord, Recruiter of the Guard, Legon Loyalist are all worth considering for Kalemne
>>
>>50869841
Do not diminish the ur-players. Your feeble mind cannot fathom the paternal joy of being the heel. There can be no heroes without villains, and there can be no fun without unfun.
>>
>>50867958
If a card is printed with x is unblockable and then gets hit with a humility effect it still loses unbockable anon

Keywords arent the only things lost when something 'loses all abilities'
>>
Are there any Cataclysm/Cataclysmic Gearhulk cards that aren't white? Only hitting creatures is fine too
>>
>>50867872
I'm trying to keep my next deck under $100, since I just spent $100 finishing Atraxa.
>>
>>50870484
Except no non silver bordered card uses unblockable anymore. It isnt an ability, and cant be removed.
>>
File: noosegrafmob.jpg (49KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
noosegrafmob.jpg
49KB, 265x370px
Pic related in Meren, y/n?
>>
File: Death Cloud_MMA.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Death Cloud_MMA.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>50870537
Similar effect.
>>50869834
That's what you get for being a frog poster.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (35KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
35KB, 223x310px
>>50870537
Like pox?
also this
>>
Anyone have any tech on running land destruction?
So far I'm running every mana rock there is, darksteel citadel, flagstones, land tax, darkmor salvage, crucible of worlds..
>>
File: IMG_1880.jpg (36KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1880.jpg
36KB, 223x310px
Noob question, but does any other duel lands count as the respective land types for the mana produced. other then like the alpha or zendikar expedition lands that say like "swamp forest" directly on it?
>>
>>50870966
I assume not, but I just wanted to ask.
>>
>>50870894
>>50870895
I was thinking more along the lines of "destroy/sacrifice all creatures except for X" rather than "destroy/sacrifice X of permanents A, B and C"
>>
>>50870984
the original duals, the shocklands (pay 2 life to enter untapped) from ravnica, and the new duals in BFZ that enter untapped if you have 2 or more basics already in play.

Those are the only ones
>>
>>50870966
Shocks, abur, and the checks.

Also there are other non basics with basic land types, like murmuring bosk and mistveil plains. I think bosk is the only one that produces more than one type of mana though.
>>
>>50870811
Or rather, like how indestructible used to be, it can be an ability or a fact, depending on how it gets applied to a creature
>>
>>50870827
doesn't do a lot for 6 mana don't like it
It's not terrible though
>>
File: Tragic Arrogance_ORI.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Tragic Arrogance_ORI.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>50871008
Use the gatherer advanced and type in phrase used in cataclysm.
>>
>>50869869
My brother got me a Kaladesh Gift Box, I pulled a Masterpiece Painter'a Servant out of one of the boosters. Too bad it's banned in EDH, but it'll make nice trade ammo.
>>
What's the best reanimator commander? Personally I'd like white in the mix because of elesh norn and Iona.
>>
>>50871378
Meren
>>
>>50871451
Or Karador if you want white for elesh norn and Iona shenanigans.
>>
>>50870459
yeah that's basically what a level 3 deckbuilder is, although it's only if you're intentionally sabotaging yourself a bit to let your opponents win and get that dopamine.
>>
I just laid the finishing touches to my Oloro lifegain/drain deck.

Since I have deckbuilder's bias, could anyone maybe take a look at it? Especially the manabase, I suck at those.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/sitting-wishing-waiting/
>>
>>50871451
this
>>
>>50869042

Alright, made some more changes

Removed: Necropede, Bred for the Hunt, and Diabolic Tutor
Added: Shield of the Oversoul, Indestructibility, and Rogue's Passage

I figure means of making Atraxa indestructible were more important.
>>
>>50871049
If it is printed on the card, gets hit by a humility effect, it's gone. It is treated as if the text on the card is erased.
>>
>>50870238
>>50870268

Didn't realize card kingdom was bad

Free cards are never bad though so it's all good
>>
>>50871451
>>50871485
What are some essential reanimator cards? Is there a primer?
>>
>>50864882
Bruna
>>
>>50871912
reanimate
animate dead
entomb
volrath stronghold
buried alive
living death
dread return
victimize

reanimation targets
>>
>>50871940
Unburial Rites for B/W
>>
>>50871940
>>50871912
Ever after might be nice too.
>>
>>50871940

If you're monoblack, strands of night becomes significantly better.

And diabolic servitude is something most people don't actually know about, although the fact that it exiles the creature is a fair draw back for a graveyard deck.
>>
File: Platinum_Angel_Masterpiece.jpg (240KB, 1504x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Platinum_Angel_Masterpiece.jpg
240KB, 1504x2048px
The new Platinum Angel art if anyones interested.
>>
>>50871940
You also forgot:
Shallow graves
Goryo's vengeance
>>
>>50872108
don't like one shots that exile it after so I didn't include them but they're fine sure
>>
>>50871896

Wow yeah I just looked up one of the cards I was considering

Mox Opal is 35 on tcg player and card kingdom is selling it for 45?

I guess I'll just be getting lots of cheap singles then
>>
>>50872134
They can be nice for combo shenanigans, exiling doesn't matter if you win that turn. Plus their specificity can be nice when you're trying to juggle different spells for different targets.
>>
>>50871896
i mean they do ship them all from one place so if your bulk buying its cheaper just because of shipping but ya in general tcgplayer has better prices
>>
>>50872143

Card Kingdom is good if you're buying lots of cheap commons, uncommons and dollar rare type stuff, since you'll save on shipping costs even if the cards themselves may be a bit more pricey. But their more expensive cards do tend to be quite a bit more expensive.
>>
>>50871861
Except that if you grant something an ability, it gets removed by something like humility regardless of if it is printed on the card or not. But if you make something "can't be blocked", then humility doesn't remove it as it's not an ability that was granted, like how indestructible worked before.
>>
If I have Phage, the Untouchable as my commander and I cast her, do I lose the game as soon as she resolves since I didn'T cast her from my hand? It should, shouldn't it?
>>
>>50872404
yes although you can stop that from happening with torpor orb
>>
>>50872354
Key to the City is an effect you're thinking of. This conversation as started by "unblockable" ON the card itself being irremovable, which is wrong. Even if a card says X cannot be blocked. That quality is lost once its hit by Humility-esque effects. The cards are treated as Vanilla creatures once those effects resolve. If you introduce outside sources (key to the city) that changes the scenario and really wasn't in the scope of this original discussion.
>>
>>50872438
Also Command Beacon
>>
I wanna proxy a deck to test it out before buying it. Is magiccard.info a good way to do it?
>>
>>50872447
You're right, after checking (was on phone before), I was talking of something outside the original discussion. Though never seen key before, used to the older cards, haven't kept up with Kaladesh
>>
>>50872447
All effects that say unblockable have been oracled to cannot be blocked and are not a keyword. Humility does not remove unblockable now. No discussion.
>>
Rate Trepanation Blade, I think it's great
>>
>>50872509
mtgpress.net
>>
>>50872550
No. If the creature has cannot be blocked WRITTEN on the card, it is removed by humble.
>>
>>50872565
That website cuts the cards in half at the end of a page, and I'm too dumb to figure out how to fix it.
>>
>>50872550
Even before indestructible was keyworded you could remove it from a creature.
>>
>>50872584
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/magic-rulings/magic-rulings-archives/303252-humility-and-man-lands

That is incorrect. It is not an ability. Humility only removes abilities.
>>
>>50872623
How about we just ban Humility from all formats instead? There's so many rules snarls and headaches that come from that card. And no one really plays it either
>>
>>50872623
Poor comparison. The effect of the animation ability gives it that quality. Blighted agent can be blocked once Humbled.
>>
>>50872093
Very good. One of the masterpieces that i like
>>
>>50872684
It's very good in Oloro control
>>
>>50872787
Imagine a format of unfun and faggotry.
>>
>>50872697
It seems you're right. I didn"t know card characteristics were considered abilities. I was mistaken.
>>
>>50872859
It is an area which we call ... The Command Zone.
>>
>>50869869
I got myself Planechase Anthology
All four of the decks are pretty OK and could be upgraded or stripped for parts.
Plus the Planechase deck is going to make the game more replayable.
>>
>>50872093
Is that just the Atraxa skeleton?
>>
>>50872590
I've never had this problem. What browser are you using?
>>
>>50869869
>>50869892
Also got a game store gift card for a whopping $60

Figure I'm going to save it for Aether Revolt.
>>
>>50873081
Chrome.
>>
File: Sneak Attack_EMA.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Sneak Attack_EMA.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
Quick, give me a good excuse to use this thing
>>
>>50873198
Use Firefox, I also use Chrome and haven't had a problem but your mileage may vary.
>>
File: 61iKX4D-qAL._SY450_.jpg (63KB, 318x450px) Image search: [Google]
61iKX4D-qAL._SY450_.jpg
63KB, 318x450px
>>50873221
>>
>>50855617
I use printerstudio and i am very satisfied with the results. Make sure you use the right printing templates from them and turn up brightness and saturation a bit. It's even more awesome that you can put an alternate version of the card on the backside.
>>
Is akroan horse frowned upon?
>>
>>50873485
For being really fucking bad? Yes.
>>
>>50873221
>board wipe
>use that to haste out a blightsteel colossus and kill someone
>>
>>50873485
Who ok'd this card? I assume it's supposed to be a nod to the trojan horse, except in that story the soldiers inside the horse don't come out and join the cities forces to fight against the horse.
>>
>>50873485
it's not even good for its gimmick. there are better cards that do what it does

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-11-16-lord-of-war/

here's my memeing group hug deck that has a lot of cards that are on-theme with it, except not shitty
>>
>>50862713

>Sad robot, gilded lotus, fellwar stone
Simulacarum isn't nearly the auto include that he once was, I'd honestly consider an Armillary Sphere before him.
Fellwar stone is probably a good choice, at the very least there is a 3/6 chance they are playing my colors, and if not I can get a colorless from them.
I'm not a fan of sticking guilded lotus into anything that doesn't break it, much like thran dynamo.

>>50866142
thank you
>>
>>50874049
out of 6?
>>
File: nathlist.png (319KB, 777x649px) Image search: [Google]
nathlist.png
319KB, 777x649px
Anybody care to give me some tips on my Nath budget brew? Haven't played it anywhere but solitaire yet. It feels lacking on the tutor and dual land side, but the good ones are all fuckexpensive.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/25-12-16-PLk-none/
>>
>>50874123
Syphon Mind?
>>
>>50874058
White, black, red, blue, green, colorless

Also, Gift of Estates pretty good?
>>
>>50874137
From the discard side the deck doesn't feel lacking to me, especially since I've decided to eschew The Rack/Megrim type effects completely. I'd like to have more board control of some sort... stuff like Decree of Pain is good, but I also need a faster option.
>>
>>50871027
Checks are not though. Battlelands or whatever they're called are.
>>
>>50874167
colorless is not a color
>>
>>50874265
It's a valid color identity however
>>
>>50874280
which doesn't affect fellwar stone
>>
>>50874299
what I said is that there is a good chance 3/6 that they would be playing my colors. Stuff it with semantics you know what I'm saying.
>>
>>50874299
He was talking about a 3/6 chance of hitting his color however, not about his chance of tapping for mana
>>
>>50874319
I can argue semantics for a bad example even though I understand what you meant, I even kindly ignored the biggest flaw in your example.

Assuming we have 6 possible identities present at the table, the probability would still be far from 3/6, as blue, green and black would be far more likely than red, white or colorless.
>>
I just bought a 20 dollar card. I feel dirty.
>>
>>50874407
wait until you buy doubling season for the first time
>>
>>50874407
You'll get over it.
>Pic related

>>50874431
yeah glad I picked up my non-foil at $15 and my foil at 30...I agonized over that foil though. glad I bought it in the end.
>>
File: 1482629958977.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1482629958977.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>50874431
I do have a Green/White token and counters deck...
>>
>>50874407
Hopefully it wasn't a land at least
>>
File: 1452456900505.png (361KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
1452456900505.png
361KB, 600x404px
>>50874407
The sooner you get over the feeling the better. I would have bought a 40 dollar damnation if I had. Like in a year from now if snapcaster goes back up to 60 you'll be regretting not buying them now.
>>
>>50874469
Nah, I pulled a Polluted Delta once. Other than that I'm a cheapy.
>>
File: 1470277885470.jpg (31KB, 371x382px) Image search: [Google]
1470277885470.jpg
31KB, 371x382px
>>50874407
wait until you buy duals for the first time. haha that $800 order hurt my soul
>>
>>50874474
Not him, but I don't have anybody to sell them to IRL anyway. Plus Snapcaster and Damnation are bound to get a reprint... maybe... one day... as a promo set
>>
File: Animar Foiled.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Animar Foiled.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>50874459
>>50874407
You won't get over it, but the threshold for what is considered dirty will increase over time.

I don't even shrug at $40-50 cards anymore, a dirty card for me is +$150
>>
>>50874497
$800 could've bought me a basic recording studio setup
>>
>>50874501
Both have been reprinted as promos already anon and mm3 rumors are making snappy artificially soft. Also dont get your hopes up for damnation thats a never ever card.
>>
>>50874524
If snappy gets reprinted, the price on the originals will drop a little, but not as much as reprint.

If it DOESN'T get reprinted, the original snappy will skyrocket.
>>
>>50874513
I get Gaea's cradle, but
>whole set of jewxpeditions
why
>>
>>50874540
If it makes you feel better, the only one I bought was the Steam Vents.
>>
>>50874513
No I'm right there myself, I hesitate when I see 3 digits but if I really want something I go and just buy it 9/10 times. I'm actually thinking of "Crowning" my Lubu deck, but I'm not sure if I want to drop the dosh on a full set of the masterwork swords+ one of the masterwork sol rings.
>>
>>50874546
Not steam vents, scalding tarn*

Bought it for $180
>>
>>50874497
i proxy dual lands :)
>>
>>50874546
All that money wasted on BfZ shit though...
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 188x267px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 188x267px
Is dropping money on lands not advisable? I want more ramp but have been focusing on mana rocks instead. I just feel like a basic lands and Duals that don't come in tapped usually are good enough for a pleb like me.
>>
File: vepr 12.jpg (570KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
vepr 12.jpg
570KB, 3264x1836px
>>50874518
coincidentally $800 was how much my russian import shotgun cost.

but yeah, $800 is pretty absurd for trading cards. but I ended up falling for the legacy meme because proxy legacy was so much fun and I wanted to play the real thing.

I don't actually know anyone who plays legacy since the guy I did proxy legacy with relocated for work, so my deck just collects dust now
>>
>>50874407
I don't start getting that dirty feeling until I get to $50+ cards. Only thing I ever spent that much dosh on was a EMA Mana Crypt.
>>
>>50874573
How so?

The expeditions will retain their value.
>>
>>50874576
Depends on how color heavy your list is, but slow duals seem generally as a fantastic option for EDH, and are quite affordable.
>>
>>50874608
I have one or two color lands with the exception of a 3 color modified precon. I want my next to be another monocolor deck so probably will stick with the budget options.
>>
>>50874595
The whole BfZ block is 99% jank, so the expeditions and Thought-knot Seer are the only payoffs. Also they might retain value, but to cash them, you also need a buyer willing to spend that much.

>>50874621
If you're worried that you won't be playing that color combo again and thus be able to carry lands from one deck to another, just grab City of Brass and friends then.
>>
>>50874639
Oh no, you think I opened them?! Nono, I traded.
>>
>>50874459
Commander?
>>
File: 1481384071370.jpg (54KB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
1481384071370.jpg
54KB, 500x425px
>>50874582
>mfw my legacy marit lage deck costs less than 200 bucks and wipes the floor with all the legacyfags I know

Most expensive card I've ever bought is a judge promo land tax for 50 bucks. Not having to look at that disgusting dude's face anymore is worth it.
>>
>>50874965
Lubu

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/pillage-and-burn-lu-bu/
>>
>>50874998
But he has such a charming face, how can you not like that?
>>
New Thread:

>>50875205
>>50875205
>>50875205
>>
>>50874431
I'm glad I got mine for $18 a few years back.
>>
>>50872093
dem hips
>>
>>50873221
Use sundial of the infinite to skip the trigger when it goes on the stack.
>>
>>50875342
or you know, any form of flicker ever
Thread posts: 367
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.