[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me >Playing Pathfinder with friends >GM is infamous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1374949684286.jpg (20KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1374949684286.jpg
20KB, 500x500px
>Be me
>Playing Pathfinder with friends
>GM is infamous for rolling 1's
>GM rolls 1's the entire dungeon, mostly on the friendly NPC's, making encounters a joke.
>GM sets up a cool encounter for us, enemy has +12 to initiative
>GM rolls 1
>We all roll 16+ for our initiative
>Boss dies 5 turns in.
>>
>>50848851
Tell him to use a screen and worry more about making a good time than dice. Every now and again a boss is immune to crit failures and the players don't need to know that the GM biffed a roll, just what their characters are experiencing. Stats are nice but should be secondary.
>>
>>50849073

Steal his d20 and replace it with one of your own.
>>
File: Have You Tried Not Playing DnD.jpg (76KB, 831x445px) Image search: [Google]
Have You Tried Not Playing DnD.jpg
76KB, 831x445px
>>50848851
You'll think this is shitposting, but if you know anything about probabilities, it is a large part of the problem.
>>
>>50848851
>Boss dies 5 turns in

Soooo whats the problem ? He had 5 turns to act, and the combat didn't seems to drag on, no ?
>>
>>50848851
>>50851253
I'd call it a job well fucking done if my boss lasted five rounds. To get five rounds I need to add a second phase adding more minions
>>
>>50848851
Tell him to make a deck of 100 cards. Then, write the numbers 1 through 20 on them, five times over. Now instead of rolling, he draws a card from the deck. At the end of every encounter, he shuffles the deck.
>>
>>50848851
While I don't really like fudging dice as a DM that much, tell your DM that you and the rest of the players really wouldn't mind it (and would maybe even prefer it) if your DM just instituted a "no more than <x> crit-fails on his part per session" rule where after that any 1's get treated as 10s or whatever.
Also they should consider playing something other than D&D, not because this is /tg/ and that's a standard response, but because like >>50850933 said D&D's dice system makes critfails disproportionately likely because of the flat probability curve.
>>
>>50848851
Have exactly the same thing, only with a player. He actually manages to convince the DM sometimes to let him repeat a mediocre roll, because "I'm going to roll a one (respectively two or three when throwing several dice) anyway, only to proceed to actually do precisely that.

That isn't even touching on that one time another guy rolled five 19s on a d20 in a row...in a system where low rolls are good and high ones bad. That die must have been rigged or damaged.
>>
Rolled 9, 10, 7, 11, 10, 11 = 58 (6d12)

>>50850933
What's the probability of rolling dozens of 1s in a row again?
I don't think you're shitposting and neither am I.

I just think you're discussing how extreme rolls are more common on a d20, whereas OP was describing an extremely low probability event which, while slightly more likely with a d20, is not avoided by not playing D&D.

Also,
>it is a large part of the problem.
Who said anything about a problem?
This sounds like it'd be funny in the moment.
>>
>>50852043
By my limited math, the likelihood of rolling an arbitrary 58 1s on a d20 in a row is 3.47-74%
But just ten in a row is 9.765-12% or 0.0000000000009765%.
Give or take.
>>
>>50848851
make people confirm crits (both fails and pass) including DM, and it'll balance out. He also may have screwy dice.
>>
>>50848851
... I have always wondered if there was any more to this image, as it looks very much like she isn't wearing a top. Granted, reimu wears shoulderless things, but it's always been somewhat distracting.
>>
>>50854033
It's on danbooru. She's wearing nothing and a dude is pulling her nipple while saying "I'm pulling your nipple, you know?"
>>
>>50854033
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1140479
Hakurei_Reimu nipple_pull tags nailed it.

>>50855063
Not quite but it's basically this!
>>
>>50848851
Happens. My personal favorite was when my party rolled 3 1's in a row across three players, 1 in 8000 event, we couldn't stop laughing.
>>
>>50855063
>>50855263
Well that's certainly a thing and not quite what I was expecting. Thank you anons.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.