[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 364
Thread images: 41

File: xXDtQzz.jpg (184KB, 456x610px) Image search: [Google]
xXDtQzz.jpg
184KB, 456x610px
Black Magic Edition

>Latest News
Paladin UA is out! http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/paladin-sacred-oaths/
Be sure to fill out the survey on last week's Monks
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/a6ca24df7196

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

>5emegaanon's super useful tools, check 'em out if you haven't yet.
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/

Previous thread: >>50835935

How do we fix warlocks?
>>
Hey Phillip
>>
Is there any other homebrewed time spells similar to Time Stop?

I can't really find much. Would be interesting to see how other time manipulation would translate into the game.
>>
>>50841704
Time manipulation abilities are always terrible in D&D

Don't do it
>>
Designing an encounter, I'm trying to make a necromancer enemy for the party to fight. What class is best for this? I'd imagine a death cleric or something like that?
>>
>>50841615
>How do we fix warlocks?
Give them a real spell book instead of every other caster's scraps.
Anyone else ever have a problem with AoE spells being used super metagamey and ruining every nondeadly early game combat?
My group plays on roll20 and literally as I'm placing the tokens for a fight he has the measuring tool pulled up and is measuring grids to perfectly hit everything he can. It drives me nuts and every time I put something in to counteract it he whines that I'm gimping him by not letting him shoot fireballs through monsters to points behind them, or counterspelling, or focusing him.
>>
>>50841758
>Anyone else ever have a problem with AoE spells being used super metagamey and ruining every nondeadly early game combat?

Direct both of yourselves to DMG 249 for adjudicating areas of effect. While the AoE table is dedicated to theater of the mind, it generally gives idea of intended balance of those things.

Alternatively, more combat per long rest

Alternatively, have that vary based on intelligence of enemies. Those that can think "hm wow the guy in robes might be able to fireball" are more likely to spread themselves out

Alternatively, fuck your player, you're the dm.
>>
>>50841704

the easiest way is to reflavor shit like Haste and Slow as time manipulation
>>
>>50841704
>>50841704
>>50841704
You could always port over 3.5e Celerity

Celerity
3rd level Transmutation
Casting time: Reaction
Range: Self
Components: V
Duration: Instantaneous
Caster gains an additional action or bonus actions as chosen by them. This action may be used to Attack (one weapon attack only), Dash, Disengage, Hide, Use an Object or to cast a spell of 1st level or higher even if the caster has cast another spell of 1st level or higher this turn. After this action has been taken the caster is dazed in the round following the casting of this spell.
>>
File: Character_e2f110_5847534.jpg (81KB, 736x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Character_e2f110_5847534.jpg
81KB, 736x1300px
>>50841964
This. I had a vampire undying warlock that reflavored expeditious retreat as slowing time down.
>>
Has WotC said anything about putting more adventures up on roll20? I lined up all the maps and entered everything for a CoS game and I really don't want to do that for the other books.
>>
>>50841615
>How do we fix Warlocks?
They need fixing? Give them the Cleric ability to beseech their patron.
>>
>>50841736
dont bother using a class. also i think there is a necromancer in volos.
>>
>>50842226
>directly asking the Archfey for help

There is absolutely no way this could end badly[/sarcasm]
>>
File: 1470968296645.jpg (834KB, 1280x1764px) Image search: [Google]
1470968296645.jpg
834KB, 1280x1764px
/5eg/ I need your help.
Can you recommend an awesome adventure of about 5-6 hours of play time?
Any setting and/or edition is fine, bonus point if relatively unknown.
>>
>>50842261
Do Tomb of Horrors

Everyone dies, no hurt feelings because fuck Gygax
>>
>>50842261
probably the most amazing adventure to play is the one you create with your imagination, anon
>>
>>50842296

Not that guy, but I've been haphazardly coming up with my own adventure for a while now and I think it sucks. My players seem to enjoy it, but whew is it terrible.
>>
>>50842313
As long as the players are having fun, that is what matters anon.

and that means your campaign must be good!
>>
File: Reaction Army Tanker Derp.png (607KB, 513x739px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction Army Tanker Derp.png
607KB, 513x739px
>Playing my first D&D game
>The Lost Mines of Phandelver
>Get into it with some goblins
>Follow them to their cave hideout
>Kill guards and enter cave
>Halfling monk gives wolves food so they don't attack us
>I, human fighter, climbs up rock chimney in the back of the wolf chamber
>Meet Klarg the bugbear
>Attempt to greet him in a friendly manner, rolled a 19+3
>I give salute "How's it going Brother?" in orcish
>Klarg angry I jump back down hole
>Scream insults at Klarg in Orcish
>Entire hideout is alerted to our 4 man party
>12 goblins and Klarg charge down passage to murder us
>Continue yelling insults in Orcish

We bottle necked the passage and slowly retreated as the goblins came up, the bodies stacked so high it gave us half cover and them disadvantage for standing on corpses. It was a slaughter.

>Goblinoids don't understand Orcish
>>
>>50841974
casters rly dont need this in 5e
>>
>>50841615
>How do we fix warlocks?

Weaken Eldritch Blast so it's not the best action in combat 9/10 turns. Increase spell slots and spell list so they can useful things on the turn they WOULD have just been spamming Eldritch Blast before.
>>
>>50842336

Goblinoids, get this, speak Goblin.
>>
File: Demi-armure_MG_0793.jpg (5MB, 2912x4368px) Image search: [Google]
Demi-armure_MG_0793.jpg
5MB, 2912x4368px
What feats work best with a paladin?
>>
>>50842336
>>Goblinoids don't understand Orcish
You silly baka
>>
>New player invited by old Gm wants to Gm
>Ok
>Never Gmd before
>Ok
>Doesn't know much about the rules
>Ok
>Recommend him an easy precon
>"Nah, precons hinder my creativity, I want to create a game from 0"
>...ok
>"Also I'm going to change some rules because I feel like they don't use irl logic"
>...ok?
>Game ends being a fucking mess of "mother may I's" because the fucker never tells you which rules change, of """"my""" logic and of asspulls because he never prepares a session and everything ends being awfully improvised which ends in nearly TPK which ends in DMPC coming to rescue
I gave him 3 sessions, other anons are still hoping he changes but after talking to him is clear he isn't going to change, he gets uber mad if you even imply you disagree with him and invokes they I'm the GM I'm GOD! rule. Sorry guys, I'm out, I hope you all realize how much of cancer he's.
>>
File: 4634cb49a7df08167e392b7cc97dc564.jpg (362KB, 1170x1600px) Image search: [Google]
4634cb49a7df08167e392b7cc97dc564.jpg
362KB, 1170x1600px
>>50842393
ability score increase, anything that gives you more attacks, if you're one of those "can buff your to hit or get advantage at will" paladins then gwm is good. but mostly ASI.
>>
>>50841974
How about no
>>
>>50842393
Heavy armor master, shield master, polearm master, Great weapon master, inspiring leader, sentinel, mounted combatant and war caster.
>>
>>50842393
>>50842417
Mostly agreeing with this guy, but I say GWM is probably one of the better options, as well as Sentinel (because tank paladin is gr8)
>>
>>50842409
sounds like a spoiled brat who doesn't understand the purpose of the gm
>>
>>50842393
Polearm Master
>>
so its never a good idea to have everyone lose all their stuff and start the adventure in prison right? at least not without warning?
>>
>>50842409
Tangentially related

The other day I left a game, I wasn't having fun because the game was railroady as fuck and there was also a GMPC, I politely said I wasn't going to return because I wasn't having fun, holy shit that backfired, the GM and his BFF started calling me entitled faggot, etc, well, at least thanks to that triggering another player left the game after realizing he was going to be alone with these two
>>
>>50842535
>at least not without warning?

Well, yeah. Wealth By Level is still a thing, even if magic item Walmarts aren't
>>
>>50841974
Celerity was one of the most brokenly powerful spells in 3.5, why would you port it?
>>
>>50842554
>Wealth By Level is still a thing
Where in the rules is that?
>>
>>50842535
>>50842554

Doesn't Rage of Demons start out in prison? How does everyone feel about that module? I've thought about running it.
>>
>>50842554
what if i have them find some stuff they want/have on their character sheets early on? like not everything but if theres a wizard, he might find his spellbook somewhere (say being read by a jailor) or if the fighter is attached to his halberd, he can find a halberd?

i really want to do this to my group but im having second thoughts because the wizard player at least has been really getting into his items and texting me a lot like "yo can i reflavor x as y?"

but i have a whole adventure planned out (just a 1 shot) so idk. i could just like... skip the losing all the items part but it just seems not as good that way the way i have it planned out. i think the group would be into it, like they won't hate me, but i'm just getting cold feet or something.
>>
>>50842586
Not him, but: there's a table in the DMG that has suggestions for starting wealth based on tier and the ubiquity of magic items in a setting.

>>50842554
It's definitely not the same as wealth by level in past editions which was intended as a guide for DMs running campaigns to try and ensure everybody was able to function in an explicitly magic item fueled game.
The less zany scaling kind of precludes that way of looking at 5e.
>>
Like I said, not a hard and fast rule, but starting martials without their weapons, skillmonkeys without their tools and casters without their focuses is a dick-move unless you warn them first
>>
>Playing Storm King's Thunder
>Accused of murder in Fireshear at a gathering of nobles with plenty of guards.
>Wizard asks the captain of the guard to look into the crystal ball, and casts phantasmal force
>Show him illusion of one of the other guards committing the murder
>Other guard protests
>Wizard casts charm person on the other guard and convinces him he was drunk and blacked out when he committed the murder
>Guard cries and confesses that its true.
>Guard is hauled away
>Murder solved before breakfast

Well done team, well done. We are truly experts at sidestepping the DM's plot hooks, which is why I'm pretty sure those 3 knights we fought later were made up on the fly.
>>
File: 250px-Osprey.jpg (18KB, 250x323px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Osprey.jpg
18KB, 250x323px
>>50841615
>How do we fix warlocks?
More powerful invocations, especially ones that boost their pact boons. I feel like they're nervous about giving them too much at-will power, but a lot of the warlock invocations from 3.5 were more useful without being broken.
>>
>>50842586
They aren't rules per se, more like guidelines
>>
>>50841615
Literally perfect as it is now
>>
>>50842690
can you give us examples?
>>
>>50842608
fuck time to read rage of demons i guess and see how they manage it. (i say fuck but i really don't mind doing this)
>>
>>50842744
I don't know what that thing is but it sure is cute
>>
>>50842690
I would say sidestep the invocations in this case and just add a scaling element to each boon based on how it's lacking. Give them more 'gimmes', more guaranteed efficacy. That's what the best classes and subclasses in 5e have, and warlock lacks a compelling competency floor unless you specialize in Eldritch Blast.

For instance, for the pact weapon: have it so that when using Eldritch Blast you can substitute one of the projectiles for a weapon attack, and then you can worry about having invocations that make their pact weapon attacks more interesting to give a player more choices to build up from that guaranteed functionality.
>>
>>50842717
3.5e Invocations they need to bring back.
>The Dead walk
>Curse of Despair
>Baleful Blast
>Fell Flight
>Wall of Gloom
>Devour Magic
>Nightmares Made Real
>Eldritch Doom
>Utterdark Blast
>Path of Shadow
>Dark Discorporation
>>
>>50841615
>How do we fix warlocks?
Add more nuke-y spells. Go steal encounter powers from 4E, since they were all really flavorful and tailored to the various patrons, and shove them into the class.

Give them another invocation early on, because we know there's a fucking tax. Fix all existing invocations that say "you can cast _____ while expending a spell slot". Fuck that, just make it per long rest if it's really powerful, and all the other per-rest ones that aren't that great become per short rest. No spell slots needed.

And for fuck's sake do something to Bladelocks so I don't have to deal with them in my party every time. Either kill them or make them useful, I'm tired of dragging this dead weight around.
>>
What is a feral tiefling, fluff wise? Are they just tieflings born less charismatic and more agile? Is there even really anything to go on for this or is SCAG the first time they've ever been mentioned?
>>
>>50842800
>What is a feral tiefling, fluff wise?
Their infernal bloodline doesn't stem from Asmodeus in FR.

Their look is less uniform. They're styled after the 3.5 and earlier tieflings. Default tieflings are the 4e style.
>>
>>50842799
Also, re-add Blast Shapes. Let Warlocks use their Eldritch Blast to shoot Cones again, PBAoEs, and Lines. Tone the damage down on these so that it's not superior to plain Blasting unless you're hitting like four idiots.
>>
>>50841386
>>50841476
I'd read up on the rules. I was pretty sure it was against the highest passive perception only, and if any of the creatures fail stealth they're given away and can't surprise the party.
Heck, even the RAW isn't very helpful. 'Anybody who doesn't notice a threat' could either be 'Anybody who doesn't notice all threats (where one creature, 'a threat' goes unnoticed)' or 'Anybody who doesn't notice a single threat at all is surprised'.
I suppose I got confused because I believe the proper ruling is that you only have to notice one threat, and that's rather similar to 'somebody in the party only has to notice one of the threats', if it wasn't for 'A member of a group can be surprised even if others aren't'.
I'm not sure what to say. They're really intent on making dex/con/wis the god-stats, aren't they? Personally I would say a variant rule for surprise would be due, but if you play D&D properly the party should be able to anticipate an attack without passive perception.

>>50841551
4d6 drop one already limits play away from monk and paladin. If you weren't prepared for that, don't play a game where you roll for stats.

>>50841412
>>50841437
I forgot that indomitiable wasn't as powerful as legendary resistance (If fighters didn't get more uses of it, it's be underpowered as fuck I'd say, but I guess they get 2 or 3 uses of it later which is nice).

And severe encumberance rules are a variant rule. If you have 7 strength on normal rules, you're fine.
>>
>Glyph of Warding
>the spell fails if the object it's cast on moves so many feet from the original location
What if the object is cast, and used, inside a bag of holding?
>>
>>50842833
You know damn well that counts as moving and only a real pushover DM would say otherwise.
>>
>>50842846
But it's a pocket plane! The coordinates within the bag remain fixed! As long as the glyph doesn't cross the threshold from the pocket plane to the Prime Material...
>>
>>50842821
I did read the stuff about other all tieflings being descendants of Asmodeus and the list of weird looks they can have, but the wording seemed ambiguous about whether those were meant to refer to ferals or just be a separate statement. I suppose if it is, then the same goes for all the variants not being from Asmodeus.
>>
>>50842833
This isn't even necessary.

Glyph of warding casts the spell regardless of the spell's range limitation. With clever triggers, you can give it global range.
>>
I have an adventure League question here. When running Bane of the Tradeways do I let players keep their riding horses? they're mentioned under a treasure subheading in part one, but not under the final treasure subheading for the module. The AL FAQ just says objects under a treasure subheading can be kept and/or sold.
>>
>>50842535
Either have them escape quickly, or have them be able to use their class abilities and such still. Depends on if you just want the theme or if you actually want them to be captured and useless (D&D not being a good game for feeling useless doesn't help).
>>
>>50842824
>4d6 drop one already limits play away from monk and paladin.
What does that mean?
>>
>>50842942
i want them to escape prison immediately, but be trapped in this castle thats suffering a zombie outbreak, and (i've posted this before) scavenge things to fight off zombies and escape with.

i think i'll just go with it, its only going to be one day of itemless escaping. maybe i'll let them have most of their stuff in an inn somewhere anyway for session 2.
>>
So I'm about to start a game with a group of friends (3 Players + DM) and the party currently consists of a Barbarian and an Undecided-but-leaning-Sorc. To round out the party, I'm thinking I need to be a healer/skillmonkey, without being wizard-tier in CC, but I'm not sure which class to go for. Any recommendations?
Also Kinda Related: How do you guys feel about the UA Monk's Path of Tranquility?
>>
>>50842904
I always see this, how exactly does this work?
>>
>>50842984
The answer is always fucking Bard.
>>
>>50841615
Fresh off the presses. R8 h8 masturb8
>>
>>50843096
a lot of stuff per race/10
>>
>>50842824
>4d6 drop one already limits play away from monk and paladin
They need 3 stats, and they're capped at 20 anyway.
Those classes will get less feats, that's all.
>>
>>50843124
It's meant to be for a Crystal Chronicles campaign so for the most part they'd be the only four races players choose from. Figured it'd be alright to load them up a tiny bit more due to that
>>
>>50843096
Meh. too much shit per race. Players are going to forget all this stuff and then go, "Oh wait, I forgot about X ability during my last turn. Can I still activate it?"

Make it more simple. Less is more. 5e is more about RP and less about gritty crunch.
>>
>>50843194
>>50843124
>He doesn't like Cherry, Potato and FIsh casserole every night
>>
File: saturday-night-bieber.jpg (141KB, 905x1280px) Image search: [Google]
saturday-night-bieber.jpg
141KB, 905x1280px
>>50843096
outright faggot bitch/10
>>
>>50843243
wow rude
>>
>>50843096
I like it, but yeah, maybe a little much per race. Sure, you're picking from less, but that's not really offset by giving each race more things.

Instead, I'd say give them more actual race options, as while there were only 4 playable races, there were far more races shown to exist. For example, you could make Moogles a playable race, and along with that, there was a half Lilty-half Clavat in the story so there's other possibilities.

Definitely want to see this setting work, so keep going, I'm enjoying it so far!
>>
>>50842984

If you want to be a skill monkey with healing, then Bard X/Rogue 1 is the way to go. You'll be godlike at everything.

Path of Tranquility is REALLY good for healing.
>>
>>50843397
I was considering half breed options but I opted not to. Was just a night's project but maybe I'll go back and revise some shit, maybe add in an option for half breeds sans Yukes
>>
>>50842389
>>50842406
:3
>>
Is there a reason why all warforgeds have 3 fingers and their faces look like Ironman's helmet?
>>
What are the best or most useful cantrips? Do you prefer damage or utility cantrips?
>>
>>50842389
If a goblinoid were to pick up a second non-common language, Orcish is probably the best bet as to which one it would be, but I guess a lot of goblinoids probably don't bother.
>>
File: itlookscool.jpg (91KB, 640x1442px) Image search: [Google]
itlookscool.jpg
91KB, 640x1442px
>>50843493
>>
>>50841615
Improve bladelock, as I'm sure many before me have said. Have the weapon scale with level. At level 6 the blade is a +1, at level 14 it's a +2, ect. Add evocations for a little extra elemental damage, remove spell slots and spell lists, replace it with better evocations. i.e. a smaller pool of spell-like abilities that can be used without limit/are always on like in 3.X. Nerf EB so that it's not always the best thing to use all the time without fail, or just trade the damage for more options to add extra effects.
>>
>>50843496
There are some pretty nice damage cantrips, but you don't really need to load yourself down with them-- you want maybe two at max? Utility is where it's at. I think Mold Earth might be my favorite right now, but there are so many that are a lot of fun-- I would seriously consider giving up higher-level spell slots in exchange for more utility cantrips if I could.

Obviously this where Batman-wizardry starts, so it's probably for the best that I can't, but still.
>>
>>50843515
No, goblinoids and orcs hate each other.
>>
>>50843529
>That picture
Exactly, why warforgeds can't have lion faces in their chest? and more human faces?, those look cool, why warforgeds can't look cool and are always the same thing? it doesnt' make sense, they can build themselves up, they are made
>>
>>50843593
>
who said this? anyone?
>>
>>50843496

In my opinion, one damaging cantrip is a must. Otherwise your wizard twiddles their thumb most of the time. Utility wise though, prestidigitation, mage hand, and minor illusion are king.
>>
>>50842409
Why don't you fuckers start a game without that fucker?
Control freaks need to be put in their place, you're all meant to be telling a story.
>>
File: c2.png (340KB, 564x593px) Image search: [Google]
c2.png
340KB, 564x593px
>>50843096
>>50843124
>>50843194
>>50843397

What do you guys think of these changes before I get to typing and formatting?

>Clavats
Remove Iron Heart and Mediator
>Lility
Remove Iron Fisted Ruler and medium armor proficiency (or is that okay?)
>Yuke
Remove the summoning part of Yuke Weapon Bond
>Selkie
Remove Waterborne Athelete
>>
Asked in last thread and saw you guys moved on. So question the kensai weapon thing, as a DM can I override that and say yes?
>>
>>50843663

If you want, yes. DM has the ultimate call, particularly on vague ass rulings like that.
>>
>>50843638
Because the other players are hopefags and expect, without any indication that is going to happen, that the other guy realizes he's wrong and people aren't having fun even after we had that argument over and over and over again that guy isn't going to change, but the group still prefers to suffer just in hopes that guy changes. I said no more and left.
>>
>>50843663
No, you can't, the D&D police will arrest you, you're the GM not god.
>>
>>50843672
I
Am
A
God!!!!
>>50843701
Fuck never mind...

But seriously would you guys be able to point out some of the classes which are shitty and I should tweak to make them actually not shit?
>>
>>50843677
Good on you for leaving that shitshow. The others are retardedly optimistic, there's a time and place for that but your past experience has moved beyond it. Good luck to them I guess. I take it they don't often have games to play in?
>>
>>50843723
If you don't know the rules well enough to know what you should tweak without asking, you shouldn't tweak anything.
>>
For peeps offering suggestions for class changes, why don't you submit your feedback to Wizards, they actually seem to want to hear feedback from the public.
>>
>>50843677
like the other anon said, good on you
>>50843723
use the improved way of the four elements monk.
fix frenzy as you wish, probably at least by letting them ignore the effects of exhaustion while raging, and maybe by giving them another action to make one attack with instead of bonus action attacking, which locks berserker into using heavy weapons only.
some anons were brainstorming giving bladelocks an innvocation that raises a stat by 2 and monks an extra ASI to deal with their madness, which i think is interesting but not an accepted by the mass /5eg/ community fix.
>>
File: 1472975678249.jpg (135KB, 526x800px) Image search: [Google]
1472975678249.jpg
135KB, 526x800px
I want to implement the item system creation from 4e to my game, the problem is that most of the effects and rules were discontinued in 5e.
take for example healing surge.
any advice to port the system to 5e?
(pic not related)
>>
>>50843956
Aren't healing surges a variant rule in the DMG?
>>
>>50842992
The way glyph is worded it casts the spell on the triggering creature. There are no limits on what the triggers can be.

So set up your trigger like this:. "be the creature thought of when I scream fireball".

The triggering creature in this sentence is the creature thought of. So if you shout fireball while thinking of a creature, that creature will have fireball casted on it regardless of where that creature is in the world.

This is why conjuraton wizards are frightening.

>Be a conjuration wizard
>Bbeg insults my mother
>Hold a grudge
>Spend the next year summoning gems to cast glyph of warding with
>Stack up several hundred glyphs
>Find bbeg
>Flip him off
>Bbeg dies as he is subjected to several hundred spells dealing varying types of elemental damage.
> at least that's what was supposed to happen, but the bbeg had several hundred counterspell glyphs layered onto him. He then proceeds to flip me off and I'm routinely killed and reincarnated until I have the body of a slug in the most complex stack of glyphs I've ever seen
>>
>>50843977
no
>>
>>50843998
Yes
>>
>>50843977
i think glyph casts the spell, so only if the bbeg is within 150 feet of all of your glyphs. also you have to cast the spell as part of creating the glyph, so you can have only as many fireballs as you can cast, plus all the glyphs for each fireball.
>>
>>50843975
>variant rule in the DMG
they are, but its fine if I add the items as they are to the new version?
I also have a question about how amor used to work in 4e. I suppose that the base AC is 11, but how the amor bonus and minimum enchanment bonus works? which system should I conserve?
>>
>>50844075
Raw the spell is just casted. There is no consideration for range at all.

And over a year a wizard casting glyph every day could stack up tons of damage.
>>
File: f80e7592.jpg (35KB, 658x658px) Image search: [Google]
f80e7592.jpg
35KB, 658x658px
>>50844111
sheeit you may be right, just re read the spell.
but no sane dm would allow this.
>>
So how stupid fun wpuld it be for my halfling ranger's animal companion to be a giant badger?
I want to have lots of tunnel traps made with it. What skill would i need to set traps?
Would taking magic iniatie for mold earth shape water and earth tremor be good/fun? I want to tunnel under enemies then cause the ground to collaps under them
>>
>>50844142
It really depends on the type of campaign. In a high magic intrigue type campaign, I would allow it.
>>
>>50844173
why? why would you allow this?
>hey dm, i spend the next year casting fireball glyph of warding with the trigger "be the guy i flip off and say 'hey asshole' to".
>oh okay
>1 year passes, the bbeg has gotten really powerful, but not immune to fire at all.
>pass him in the street
>"HEY ASSHOLE!"
>campaign over
>>
>>50844193
Wouldn't the trigger be you saying "Hey asshole", thus targetting you for fireball?
>>
>>50844193
Because in a high magic intrigue type campaign, the bbeg would know how to do this too, and would have counterspell glyphs set up. The battle would be not confronting the bbeg, but finding the weakness in his wards and exploiting it, while the bbeg might be doing the same to the players.

Intrigue!
>>
File: tumblr_od3o7ku5lU1unxlj8o9_1280.png (823KB, 827x709px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_od3o7ku5lU1unxlj8o9_1280.png
823KB, 827x709px
>>50844217
thats why i worded it specifically not to do that. the trigger is you're the guy who [i]'m saying that to.
>>50844226
yikes, idk sounds horrible to me but you do you.
>>
>>50844226
Also finding out who the BBEG is in the first place and so on. A BBEG out in the open is a dead BBEG even without stuff like this.
>>
>>
Alright so I need some help with this. I want to add a bit about when an attack roll altered by to advantage or disadvantage comes up as 2 20s the player gets to pick the results of the properties tables. And a bit for destroying it involving hitting a sphere of annihilation 1,001 times and then magical explosion and both items are destroyed. And maybe even as a optional rule the wild magic sorcerers when they have a surge of wild magic can pick the result of one table on their next attack with the sword.
The part I need help with is it possible to add all that and not have an extra page added with maybe one paragraph on it? Or at least what can I add to prevent a mostly empty 3rd page?
>>
>>50843977
How do you get around
>if the object is moved more than 10 feet the glyph fails
>>
>>50842234
The Wizards and Warlocks in Volo's are pretty high level, so I'd be careful when using them RAW.
>>
>>50844285
You don't cast the glyph on an object.
>>
>>50842241
Honestly it would make sense to me that you could bargain with your patron from time to time for aid.
>>
How would Strahd have triumphed against the Mad Mage? The Mad Mage had 9th level spells and a bunch of other good stuff.
>>
>>50844306
Unless you want to add social combat, it would still just be a random roll or it would be GM fiat.
>>
>>50841736
what level and how many people in the party

Really fucking important information, idiot
>>
>>50844313
With numerous regenerating vampires, and wights.
>>
>>50844313
DARE TO DREAM A LITTLE BIGGER, DARLING
>>
>>50844249
Yeah, the main thing would be finding where the dude keeps his wards, and if they are kept in a centralized location. And then getting past the wards around the wards.

Functionally this is the same as making the players find a phylactery before facing the lich.
>>
>>50844302
Wow wizards really fucked up with how this spell is worded.
>>
>>50844395
not rly nigga they just trusted a dm would do their job and make rulings
>>
>>50843583
>>50843617
I'm going to be playing a Sorcerer soon starting at Level 5, and I'm trying to figure out which to choose. So far I've decided on Prestidigitation, Minor Illusion, and Mage Hand. Now I'm debating between Booming Blade, Fire Bolt, and Shocking Grasp for the final two, or if I want to add another utility like one of the Elemental Evil cantrips or light.
>>
>>50844422

I'd recommend fire bolt and shocking grasp if you're picking between those. Booming blade is pretty piss useless on a sorcerer.
>>
>>50844422
pick fire bolt for sure, and imo shocking grasp is better than booming blade but it depends on how your char is set up. but shocking grasp can get you out of trouble if need be.
>>
>>50844444
Quints has spoken, thanks!

>>50844438
Yeah you two are right,thanks!
>>
>>50842393
Polearm Master+Sentinel is a nice combo. If you plan to utilize your concentration spells a lot (especially if you are vengeance and use haste) you should look into resilient (constitution).
>>
>>50843588
Not in Warhammer or Warcraft.
>>
File: blinker.jpg (19KB, 415x328px) Image search: [Google]
blinker.jpg
19KB, 415x328px
So what's the most powerful ranger out of the 3 revised rangers and why?
Would it be too OP to allow a Revised Beast Master to get something that isn't necessarily a beast, but close to it? Something like a Guard Drake or a Blink Dog?
>>
>>50844523
Warhammer is my favorite D&D setting
>>
>>50844540
revised ua ranger is goat but multiclassing on it is broken because its frontloaded
>>
>>50844350
Admittedly the Mad Mage had a peasant army at his back.

>>50844357
IT'S MORDENKAINEN, BRO!
>>
>>50844412
>Dming campaign, player offhanded mentions casting some spell before he goes to bed the last couple rests, whatever.
>Players go to fight the bbeg, player has the biggest smile on his face "I take my shirt off and 10 fireballs shoot from my nipples at the bbeg".
>I'm dumbfounded.
>How?
>Player reads off the spell text.

I can either rule in favor of my player and let him cheese the campaign or ruin his fun. There is no winning.
>>
>>50844540
Blink Dog? Sure. Guard Drake might be okay if you forbid it from gaining any hit dice until Level 8. You're basically giving the party another tank at low levels given its huge health pool, though its other stats are fine.
>>
>>50844393
Thanks. I think that's the way to go with 5e.
>>
>>50844620
Give the BBEG resistance to fireballs such that he lives and has to blow major resources to not die instantly.
>>
Greater Haste. Level 7 Transmutation. Gives 2 extra attacks instead of 1, gain 1 rank of exhaustion afterwards. Y/N?
>>
What god would favor, bloody, dirty underground fight tournaments?
>>
>>50844728
no
why
>>
>>50844755
K O R D !
O
R
D
!
>>
>>50844672
Now that I think about it all he'd need to do is cast absorb elements and he'll make around half his saves which makes it only 100 damage.
>>
>>50844755
Lathander.
>>
>>50844313
Timestop isn't that useful and he didn't bring any sunlight
>>
>>50844784

I wouldn't think a good god would agree with that kind of needlessly bloody competition.
>>
>>50844840
>Ysgard
I disagree with your opinion
>>
>>50844840
KORD SMASH!!!

ALIGNMENT IS SECONDARY CONCERN!!!
>>
>>50844755
G A R A G O S
he's a shit god, but he'd favor it
>>
>>50844552
And Strahd had a skeleton army to hold that off, right?
>>
>>50844955
All Strahd needs is two or three retainers with beads of fireball.
>peasant army shows up
>30 of them die pretty much immediately to massive explosions
>>
File: Capture.jpg (146KB, 590x787px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
146KB, 590x787px
>>50841615
Revising the Crystal Chronicles homebrew I posted here >>50843096 and adding options for half-breeds.

Anything here look too out of place? I trimmed down racial options for the other races and now I'm worried about there being too much to remember for the half breeds, although most of this is just proficiencies and such.

The goal was to make each bloodline like a pocket sized version of the parent race and pass along some of its benefits for a bit of customization but keep the more powerful racial abilities away from the half-breed or replacing them with watered down versions.

Considering dropping Unstoppable Force from Half-Lilities for a more simpler + 2 to Str instead of +1. Is +1 to two stats too weak or just right? Or should it be a +1 to two predetermined ability scores so there's a bit more choice in it?
>>
>>50842973
Monk and Paladin are MAD classes, and rolling stats means you can easily end up with only one or two decent ability scores. With point buy and the right racial choices, I can guarantee two 16's and a 14.
>>
>>50844313
Because the Mad Mage was an arrogant little prick who thought that a bunch of peasants armed with pitchforks and torches could deal with Strahd and his army of vampires, wights, bats, and wolves while he 1v1'ed the vampire.

But Strahd went into the fight better prepared than the Mad Mage, and the dumbass forgot to bring along Sunbeam, which is almost literally THE spell that says, "get fucked vampires."
>>
>>50844257
Wait wait wait, Artificer is a thing in UA? I can't find it anywhere in the megatrove
>>
>>50844932
Hey, fuck you. Garagos is best god.
>>
>>50845088
Not him, you realize who the Mad Mage is don't you?
>>
>>50845132
Yes, too bad it's shit. If memory serves it was in one of the first UAs after PHB got released, in the same PDF as Warforged in the Eberron document.
>>
>>50845088
>But Strahd went into the fight better prepared than the Mad Mage, and the dumbass forgot to bring along Sunbeam, which is almost literally THE spell that says, "get fucked vampires."

>Not knowing who the mad mage is

He lost on action economy and probably got ground down in the castle too, simple as that. Well, that and Strahd's plot armor to set it up. I hope you know who he is.
>>
>>50845141
I know who it is I've read the book and contemplating running it for my group, didn't want to spoil it for someone else if they've not played Curse of Strahd. But someone else did, so...
>>
How would I convince my DM to let me have a T-rex as a pet as a ranger?
>>
>>50845177
Start sucking their dick for preferential treatment
>>
>>50845132
eberrron.
>>50845152
is not shit
>>
>>50843593
Nobody is stopping you from describing your warforged the way you want them to be. I mean, maybe your DM has a specific aesthetic he's going for with his world, but other than that I figure season to taste.
Same with other races, especially tieflings - just because the art these days favors full-on demon men doesn't mean you can't do the diTerlizzi-style 'less is more' demon people from Planescape back in the day. Or go with the full red-skinned demon man, if that's your preference.
As for their aesthetic decisions? Eh, I dunno where they come from.
>>
>>50845177
Well, first you better be from Chult.
>>
>after CoS
This is the perfect opportunity for Wizards to bring out a Ravenloft CS book
When?
>>
>>50844620
>I didn't read the book
>I don't have balls
>This is Wizards' fault for trusting me to be a good DM
Not really following the logic here.
>>
>>50845233
After Mystara and Hollow World.
>>
>>50845256
>Thinking you can have every spell memorized while running a game
>Thinking players don't go out of their way just to look shit like this up because most dms won't catch it until it's too late for compromise.
>Thinking "just nerf it" is a good solution or makes you a good DM.

Obviously you've never dm'd
>>
If we increase the eldritch knight spells to 6th and open it up to all schools, what would happen?
>>
>>50845359
why 6
why not just half caster like paladin or ranger
>>
>>50845378
Because then they might be worth something and we can't let poor little Paladins get their thunder stolen.
>>
New player here. When can I make reactions? And can a player say their reaction is "if anything passes within five feet of me, I attack."?
>>
>>50845452
You can make reactions at any time.
>And can a player say their reaction is "if anything passes within five feet of me, I attack."?
If they forgo their action for the round to prepare that attack, yes.
>>
>>50845451
ok so you're too retarded to actually make any intelligent changes. thanks for cutting to the chase.
6 isn't a bad idea, but if thats the extent of your reasoning then
>>
>>50842261
Tournament at Scornubel is pretty good. It is for 5ed in forgotten realms. I think you can find it in the 5eg mega trove, otherwise look on Google
>>
>>50845452
Whenever an ability or spell let's you use your reaction. When you use the "ready an action" action. When you make an opportunity attack (which is when something tries to move away from something else, the thing not moving can make an attack using their reaction.
>>
Would I be better off going

Fighter 3 (EK) / Warlock 17
Fighter 2 / Warlock 18
Fighter 1 / Warlock 19

Action Surge seems like it might be worth sticking around for, and if thats the case - picking up Eldritch Knight to gain shield seems like it would greatly enhance the Blade-Locks durability and ability to concentrate.

Is there a consensus?
>>
>>50845378
Was thinking of this as well, this would actually make them more of a gish.

>>50845477
Then you became a total cuntnugget, that wasn't me you complete fucktard.
>>
>>50845518
bro, you better just build for 9 levels
>>
>>50845466
>And can a player say their reaction is "if anything passes within five feet of me, I attack."?
>If they forgo their action for the round to prepare that attack, yes.
I can't believe there are people who do this instead of turn delays. As if combat in 5E needed to be more boring and painful for non-casters.
>>
>>50845528
if it wasn't you, then why you mad.
6 is probably too much for a fighter to get in the end, but 5 would give them level 2 spells 2 levels earlier, and level 3 spells 4 levels early. which would make them feel more casty, for sure.
like you might be able to dream of casting fireball or fly or whatever in the course of a campaign. but you'd need to take something away from them which idk if thats possible to do on the ek in terms of how classe are organized in 5e.
>>
>>50845535
Oh yeah - I don't expect to get all the way, I'm actually trying to figure out how to optimise the first 3-5 levels. As the group typically suffers 80% of its deaths before 6.

But I like to have an understanding of where i'm going if that makes sense.
>>
>>50845518
I would go fighter 1 -> bladelock 5, then whatever you want after that. Going up to fighter 3 before multiclassing is going to make you really weak for a large part of your adventure.
>>
>>50845605
Yeah I think you're right. By the time i switch the abilities will be behind everyone.
>>
>>50845585
Because you're still being a shit for no reason.

Agree that EKs and classes like that should at least be half casters and have access to more schools.

You could take away from their fighter chassis, but that may be more complex than at first glance

The bladesinger should get a similar treatment, at least raise their HD to d8.
>>
>>50845624
Being 3 behind on either level 3 spells or extra attack just sucks. Or so I would imagine, no speaking from experience. But one level behind isn't that bad, I think.
>>
>>50845466
So I basically have to use the ready action. Is there any other things I can do with reactions?
>>
>>50845643
The bladesinger could stand to be more fighty and possibly be less of a caster.
>>
>>50845585
Maybe cos you think the two are the same and insulting the op. Dunno.
>>
>>50845577
>Haste the rogue.
>Readies an attack on a target he can sneak attack.
>Uses the haste action to get sneak attack on his turn.
>Uses cunning action to hide.

I sware all casterfags have autism, thanks for using haste so I can deal more damage in one round than you'll do the whole encounter though.
>>
>>50845643
Is EK a problem though? It doesn't seem like I hear about it when people talk about problem classes.
>>
>>50845721
No, ek is pretty strong, mostly for the
>Teleports to your hand
Sword move
>>
>>50845721
Because EK being trash for anything but tanking is a given. No one even questions it.
>>
>>50845648
Purely without any class, you can only use reactions to make an opportunity attack on a foe that leaves your melee reach without using the disengage action.

That's it. But depending on your class, feats or race, you can get new uses for reactions. Rogues can reduce the damage of one attack they can see by half with a reaction, Protection fighting style on Martials and the Protection Domain for Clerics let you use your reaction to impose disadvantage on attacks made against an ally next to you.
>>
>>50845721
Not actually, definitely not as bad as the PHB ranger or bladelock, but it doesn't capture its role as a gish that well. War Magic and Eldritch Strike could come online a lot sooner and it could stand to have more access to more schools and actually be a half-caster.

Bladesinger on the other hand looks really strong on first glance but really only masquerades as a meleer and shouldn't really venture into melee at all. That one is more disappointing.

>>50845756
?
>>
>>50844313
Mad Mage was still using THAC0, too easy to hit.
>>
>>50843096
>Anime fuckery
>Too much fucking shit going on
>Somehow none of it's interesting
>No flavor
>No physical descriptions

I choose h8
>>
During a short or long rest, if >>50843096 eats a meal that utilizes cum, he gains a number of temporary hitpoints equal to the number of anime posts he's made outside of /pfg/ or /a/
>>
So they got rid of Rogue's need to flank for sneak attacks in 5e? The requirements just seem to be either the Rogue needs to have advantage on the attack through hiding or other conditions, or someone from your party is already adjacent to your target.

Idk this seems kind of op no?
>>
>>50845912
>or someone from your party is already adjacent to your target.
Flanking is already an optional rule
>>
PCs thematically fitting for waterborne campaigns?
>swashbuckler
>storm sorcerer
>coast land druid
>sailor/pirate background
what else, lads?
>>
>>50845912
It's not OP at all.
>>
>>50845912
Should the Rogue get advantage when attacking if hidden? What about the assassin bonus?

What rules of thumb do you guys use for that?
>>
>>50845932
Warforged Sun Soul Monk, master cheff background (Artisan: Cook)
>>
>>50846016
>Adv while hidden?
Yes
>Assassin feature
Surprised as a condition means they were unseen, unheard and gave no indication of their presence at all (didn't leave the door open, etc.)

Keep in mind hiding is not invisibility, if someone looks right at then they'll be seen. You need to be behind an object or obscured by the environment (darkness, fog, ect.)
>>
>>50845932
Water/air genasi and minotaurs. GoO warlock if you feel like having them worship a Dagon/Cthulu-facsimile. Fighters/Barbarians that have been re-flavored to be from a more seafaring culture (vikings, Polynesian islanders, Spice islanders, etc.)
I ran a short lived campaign that centered around island hopping and exploration, so I got to see what players thought up and that was neat. The Aarakocra monk who lived in the crow's nest and the hydrophobic Goliath who wore his life jacket at all times were nice touches.
>>
>>50845932
Criminal could work alongside the Pirate, the guy who knows people in port.

Guild Merchant would work well for a more commercial game, moving stuff along shipping lanes.

Noble maybe if you thought about the 'captain' of the ship. Though that might be a better position perk than a background.

Outlander is one I thought of right away, that exotic from the islands guy.

Soldier maybe if you were thinking 'marine' instead.

I mean, you could make any of them work right? But those above stand out in conjunction with the ones you mention.
>>
>>50845378
Here's two reasons behind why I feel like they don't let EK's get 6th level spells:

1. Weird spell caster progression, makes it harder to balance compared to Ranger or Paladin's half caster progression.

2. 6th level spells are almost always meant to be the first "tier" of rewards for full caster classes, when they can really start doing some powerful magical shit.

>>50845528
From a design standpoint the issue with letting EKs get up to 6th level spell progression (to make them more gish-like) is the combination of hit die, save proficiencies, and inherent tankiness of the Fighter class.

Assume for a moment you did have an EK that got 6th level spells at/around level 17 or 18. This means they get 5th level spells around 13 or 14. And continuing to limit it to Abjuration and Evocation spells means that they can still get extra spell slots for offensive spells like Fireball or Lightning Bolt, not to mention the (still powerful) spells like Cone of Cold, Bigby's Hand, Immolation, or battlefield controlling spells like Planar Binding, Wall of Force, Wall of Stone. 6th level gets them even better AoE/ranged spells with Chain Lightning, Otiluke's Freezing Sphere, and Sunbeam, and more battlefield control with Globe of Invulnerability and Wall of Ice. Combine that with as many ASIs that the Fighter gets, this basically means free War Caster, and potentially stuff like Spell Sniper and still have high enough stats to let you take a hit or dish a physical one out.
>>
>>50846084
>Surprised as a condition means they were unseen, unheard and gave no indication of their presence at all (didn't leave the door open, etc.)

But if you don't have those then the attacker wasn't hidden right?

It just seems like the assassin feature is a bit powerful if it is 'I was hidden, the target did not make a perception check' and that is it.

Or is it not that big of a deal?

Part of my problem is the party I have is a very stealthy party. So their sneaking in to position for an ambush is not hard for them to arrange.
>>
>>50845943
>>50845930
Idk, I just remembered Rogues needing to be more tactical in their approach to combat but now they can just run up with the tank and gang up on someone or just sit back and snipe the guy the tank is engaged with without needing to hide and still get the sneak attack bonus.

But since Rogues are DPS roles I guess this is to be in balance with casters and such.
>>
To go along with the EK/gish talk, re-posting a homebrew that some anon did of porting over the Duskblade class from 3.5e to 5th. I make no claims to it being balanced or not (first glance makes me think it's OP, but not as much as other homebrews), I just know that the anon who made it was also soliciting ideas/balancing comments from people in the general.
>>
>>50846169
>just sit back and snipe the guy the tank is engaged with

How does firing in to combat work?
>>
>>50846207
If there's someone blocking the path to your target it may give your target 1/2 or 3/4 cover. maybe even full cover, depending on the creature and the GM's call.
>>
>>50846250
So just make an estimate of how blocked the target is from being in combat and go from there?
>>
>>50846207
>>50846250
Yep, but the rogue in the group I'm currently gming for has the Sharpshooter perk so he can ignore 1/2 and 3/4 cover.

I'm pretty new to GMing as well but they're noobs too so I'm trying to come up with ways to make it more interesting for the rogue since the first encounter he just sat back and shot arrows.

I totally forgot about having his shots hit friendlies if he misses though so I'll remember that next time.
>>
>>50846163
Hide in a condition for the attacker, suprise is a condition for the person being attacked. Hide means you are obscured from vision and attempting to not be seen. Surprised means you're sipping your tea and the last thought on your mind is a dagger in your back.

The assassin feature is powerful but also not really a big deal. If a guard is on alert they cannot be surprised because they're expecting to have to fight. Suprise can also only happen at the very start of an encounter, so in big engagements the assassin will only be guaranteed to crit one attack if that.

Hide is stealth of the person hiding vs. the passive perception of whoever might spot them. You can also make it a perception roll if the target is alert. All hide does is give advantage, it's not a big deal at all. The only other reason someone would roll stealth is to make less noise while moving.

If your whole party is stealth pay attention to if NPCs would be alerted and why. If your party messes up have someone ring a gong and the whole fortress will go on alert making stealth a lot harder to pull off.
>>
>>50846290
>I totally forgot about having his shots hit friendlies if he misses though so I'll remember that next time.
Personally, I wouldn't have that happen except on crit fails. It won't happen very often but your other players might be less happy about letting him shoot over their shoulders.
>>
>>50846077
what the fuck?
>>
>>50846290
Don't make his misses hit allies, that just pisses off whoever gets hit. Rule that he only gets sneak attack on ranged attacks if he has advantage. The wording on sneak attack in the phb says "if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet" implying the rogue should be in melee and shouldn't work at range.
>>
>>50846290
>having his shots hit friendlies

I wouldn't recommend that unless you've already discussed crit fails/misses with your group.

Consider adding ranged enemies (to counter-fire on him), cover heavy terrain for use by both sides (big trees, buildings, etc.), flying enemies that he can damage/cripple to help the group, and so forth.
>>
File: vomit dark souls.jpg (154KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
vomit dark souls.jpg
154KB, 621x621px
>>50846352
No, it does work at range.

>>50846343
Critical fumbles are cancer.

>>50846290
Your player is doing what he's good at. If you want to make it more interesting, have creatures that can attack him at range or that disengage to chase after him.
>>
I want to make a UA ranger half orc using strength as the main attack stat. Beast conclave.
What will be best for damage? Dual wield hand axes or a greatsword/greatxae with Great weapon master?
>>
Am I wrong for hating homebrew? It always seems broken or useless.
Rant time!

The current campaign I'm a part of just seems unbalanced. We have two homebrew players that the DM is allowing, and it is kind of ruining the experience.

One is a ripoff of Groot from Guardians of the galaxy, with the added on benefit of being able to fully heal the team using little berries that grow on him.

The other is a gunslinger in a fantasy-based campaign, and the only repercussion to the class is that "ammo is expensive." The problem with that is our DM doesn't track costs of gear or supplies, so the class has literally no repercussions. It gets 2 blasts a turn with a +12 to their rolls to hit. On top of this they're allowed to use regular weapons just fine without problems. The gun also does d12 (IIRC, it's stupid high) damage.

Like, I don't want to be a complainer but it just feels like having homebrew in the game renders everyone else useless. Especially since the DM refuses to nerf them in any capacity.
>>
>>50841964
oh shit that's a good idea, thanks anon
Now I can build my Mago del tiempo
>>
>>50846343
>>50846369
>>50846374
>>50846374
Alright thanks for the advice. I guess my biggest flaw right now as a gm is that I don't want my PCs to die so when I run encounters I have most if not all of the baddies go after the tanks.
>>
>>50842336
>goblinoids don't understand orcish
>>
>>50845355
>Not bothering to at least read through the fucking spells to try and notice in advance the complicated ones that might cause problems later, because it's not like they're hard to spot
>Not making the casters actually prep their shit out in advance and tell you about it
>Not realizing that players who go out of their way to look up shit like this to trip up their DMs are problem players and should be kicked out as soon as they're spotted
No, I'm just actually competent at it.
>>
>>50841615
Eh?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/psh6ccbkrvwpp9e/The%20Warlock.docx?dl=0
>>
>>50846410
Use something like.

If the shot misses the target, but because of the cover effect, then it hits the friendly target. With the additional qualification that the role would have to be able to hit the friendly characters ac.

Little bit like saying if you would normally hit a target with a roll of 15+ (after all modifiers) and then the target picks up a shield and now you need a 17+ you could say that when you roll a 16 you 'hit' the shield.
>>
What are the essential spells to get for 6th level magical secrets as a bard? I'm playing with a cleric, paladin, and ranger.
>>
>>50846374
>Critical fumbles are cancer.
No accounting for taste, but yeah, I usually make them rare or situational. Most nat 1s are regular misses, but if they're shooting at a guy who happens to be right next to something it would be inconvenient to shoot and they roll a 1 I feel as though that's worth acknowledging with a complication or two.
>>
>>50846552
Counterspell is the only thing you basically need to take. Your paladin and ranger will love you if you get haste though.
>>
>>50846552
Maybe some kind of AoE damage spell like Fireball or Lightning Bolt. Otherwise, go for the classics: Counterspell, Haste, Fly.
>>
>>50846604
>>50846618
What makes counterspell so useful?
>>
Can anyone give me some advice on how to make a suspenseful story for my players? I'd love to create a sense of constantly being chased or hunted
>>
>>50842409
Here's how to do rule-changed campaigns

>make facebook group
>invite players
>make thread for discussion on rule changes
>after a couple hours, we all have a clear idea on what's different, and we all feel that it's fair

Campaign's going great so far
>>
>>50846643
It counters spells.
>>
>>50846643
Think of all the horrible stuff you can do to other people with your spells.
Then you think of it happening to you because enemies can do everything you can.
Now you like counterspell.
>>
>>50841615
Can any DMs here point me in the way of some good city building guides?
>>
>>50843096
Some people dont seem to realize that these are races from a Final Fantasy spinoff but that may be my fault. There was nothing denoting it was from a vidya series for those unfamiliar with Crystal Chronicles

I'll work on adding in more fluff from the video game series and making things more balanced. Thanks for the replies
>>
What race would the best choice if my character's father was an Incubus? Tiefling? Doesn't really fit though, even if Incubi are fiends.
>>
>>50847355
>Tiefling
>infernal heritage
>doesn't really fit

How does it not fit, exactly?
>>
File: casey FUCKING ryback.jpg (8KB, 480x268px) Image search: [Google]
casey FUCKING ryback.jpg
8KB, 480x268px
>>50846077
>Nobody beats me in the kitchen.
>>
>>50847390
Honestly it's just the Infernal Legacy that seems off to me. Since Inbuci/Succubi(from the statblock) have charms and draining kisses.
>>
>>50847433
Taking careful consideration with your DM, have you tried just refluffing it to include things related to Charisma (or altering their spell list to include something like a charm person)?
>>
>>50847470
That's what I was just thinking, Tiefling with a bit of refluffing.
>>
Is there any reason in particular that Rangers' (PHB, Revised, and UA Spell-less alike) Fighting Style feature lacks the Protection and Great Weapon Fighting options?

I can't seem to think of a reason other than needlessly imposed thematic choices. I mean, they're proficient in shields...
>>
>>50847433
scag variant tiefling might be what you want
>>
So I have a Gnome "Barbarian" in my group, he's not quite a Barbarian it's more so an impulse control problem. So as a small guy he has disadvantage with great weapons (heavy) and I wonder are there any ability, class, feat or magical, except growing larger in size, that allows him to handle a great weapon with out disadvantage?

I can and probably will make an item for him but I'd use a preexisting ability if there already wa sone out there.

Thanks.
>>
Can you use command to tell an enemy to fight for you? IE tell them to "fight" and have them turn on their allies, or does that count as directly harmful to them? Also, if you tell them to "surrender" or "flee" will that only last the one round?
>>
>>50847523
There isn't one except for what you said. It is the same reason paladins don't get archery or two weapon fighting styles.
>>
>>50847542
Other than enlarge or other sources of advantage, no I don't think so
>>
>>50847542
Uh, just rule that non-heavy, two-handed weapons count as Heavy for him for the purposes of GWM/GWF if he desires to use that, or step a damage die down.
>>
>>50846653
Be more descriptive of stuff
Constantly rolls for perception for no reason at all
Have monsters occasionally behave differently, in unexpected manners
Have strange event happen where no NPC knows anything about it or what to do about it
Make the first few encounters with the hunters be something of a blitzkrieg, where they jump in, harass the players, and disengage when surprise's over
Drop random clues about things being out of place
Make powerful NPCs seem uneasy
Be more descriptive of stuff
>>
>>50842628
if its a 1 shot, go for it. they arent attached to the items anyway
>>
>>50843132
If you play monk with only +2s or worse, you'll suffer until level whateverthefuck when you finally get 20s in those stats Good thing they don't need feats.
Paladins will never recover. They want charisma, strength and polearm mastery usually, and that's giving hardly any room for anything else.
>>
>>50847582
>>50847575
I guess I'll just say gauntless of ogre strength makes him ignore the disadvantage then. Thanks.
>>
File: gt86.jpg (123KB, 768x549px) Image search: [Google]
gt86.jpg
123KB, 768x549px
What class would INITIAL D be an archetype for?

Monk? Rogue? Fighter? Barbarian?
>>
>>50847542
Barbarian works fine with two-weapon-fighting until level 5. In fact, it does more damage than a maul. From there on, you have to be a proper dex barbarian or else it's not awfully viable. Compared to a maul user without a feat however, they're actually still pretty okay.

Also, they can use PAM if they insist on using strength instead of dexterity which is perfectly viable for barbarian and doesn't require you to use a heavy weapon.
>>
>>50847570
A house rule saying that all Fighting Style features get all options would be totally reasonable then, yes?
>>
>>50847723
It breaks nothing.
>>
How does Dex barb work? Don't they need to be using strength for rage damage/other features?
>>
>>50847760
It makes Fighters sad, but that's about it.
>>
>>50847784
It's just a meme
>>
>>50847680
Barbarian
>>
>>50847696
Ehm, sorry but what are you on about?
>>
>>50847680
Tabaxi Monk
>>
In terms of the pre-mades, how's Tyranny of Dragons for a mix of old and new players? Or for an out of practice DM running the group? Wanting to run the first episode tomorrow for my friends before we head out to separate christmas parties with family and just need a general idea of encounters.
>>
>>50847928
LmoP, OotA and the new giant adventure are better as far as I know
>>
File: minidungeoncover.png (1MB, 737x952px) Image search: [Google]
minidungeoncover.png
1MB, 737x952px
Hey guys were Perilous Prints and we make stuff for the DM's Guild. Today we uploaded the Mini-Dungeons so we thought we'd post em here.
>>50847988
>>
File: tumblr_o5sr3lfxzF1tyyhvoo1_1280.png (301KB, 891x1087px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5sr3lfxzF1tyyhvoo1_1280.png
301KB, 891x1087px
Does anyone know of any way I could use an oversized weapon without penalty? I wanna update a 3.5 character for 5e, but I can't find anything. I wanna use a greatsword made for a large creature.
>>
>>50847928
Try CoS and SKT instead mate.
>>
>>50847928

The two dragon quests are the worst of the published adventures. Generally speaking, the newer they are, the better they are. Wizards didn't seem to hit their stride until Strahd.
>>
How would you stat Darth Vader in 5e?
>>
>>50848061
Rogue 3/Paladin 17
>>
>>50848037
Make a feat or an item or a special class ability.

I'm struggling with the same issue with a Small character.
>>
>>50848047
Those earlier adventures were also outsourced to 3pps, PotA was meant to be good considering the calibre of the designers and OotA is generally good, but CoS and SKT were entirely inhouse and generally great.
>>
Is 35 point buy with 16 max, but no racial modifiers a fair alternative to normal point buy?
>>
>>50848097
Antipaladin? Or is that not a thing anymore?
>>
>>50848194
There is oathbreaker in the DMG and Treachery in the last UA, but I think Vengeance fits better
>>
>>50848215
Thanks man, yeah Vengeance would fit perfectly.
>>
>>50848260
You could go full paladin, but Mage Hand Legerdemain is a great "force trick".
>>
File: 191.png (27KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
191.png
27KB, 250x250px
Got some inspiration from an earlier thread and put an item in my campaign. Storytime bruvs

1/2

>players find a vibrating knife
>nothing much about it, mostly good for massages (my suggestion)
>just +1 hp recovered after a shortie for whoever used it
>that way it was always being talked about, but more like a utility mundane appliance with something of a comic relief ("le who's gonna play with the knife today hehehe")
>few sessions go by
>while staying some days into a town catching up on gossip, selling loot they found last session and doing menial (for lv7s) jobs for fun and good boy points, a noble acquaintance from the region's big city happens by
>he's travelling to the capital for an important gathering, a prominent duke has been assassinated and all teleportation circles are shut down (that's the hook for overarching plot)
>his entourage includes the wizard responsible for his city's circle
>he takes some interest into the party's stories (they really enjoy boasting and talking of their accomplishments)
>asks to see their most cherished belongings, saying he'll legend lore each one and tell nice things about them the party doesn't know
>cheeky bard fuck, either trying to fun me or catching the clue, hands the vibrating knife and say it's essentially the basest stuff ever
>wizard holds it and concentrates for a few minutes
>finishes his casting, hastily looks around the tavern, then straight into the bard's eyes and goes on with a somber, half-stuttering voice:
>"a long time ago, a mildly powerful yet extremely coward Sorcerer owned this, which was but a common knife
>his magic blood was like sweet honey, attractive for beasts of unnatural nature
>he spent the better part of his youth running away from a myriad of monsters, being saved by sheer luck and his magic, which unwillingly and inconsistently manifested itself, blasting the chasers away
>>
File: yeye.gif (306KB, 292x256px) Image search: [Google]
yeye.gif
306KB, 292x256px
>>50848402
2/2

>eventually, a might magic beast took interest on him, and stalked him relentlessly
>the Sorcerer, backed into a corner, grasped this knife in his shaking hands, in a futile attempt to resist the beast's onslaught
>as he was effortlessly slain and consumed, his Wild Magic caused his fear, terror and hopelessness to seep into this blade
>what you've got in your possession, my friend, is called the Coward's Knife
>the magic in it's blade causes it to shake violently whenever it's owner is being stalked"
>confused looks around the table, ensuing memeing surprisingly goes as planned
>"but it's vibrating since we first got it" says the fighter
>mfw
>"that's it for today lads, let's eat something"

It was about time I'd changed the tone of the campaign a bit, and they seem very excited for what's gonna happen next. Funny thing is I have no idea what the stalker will be.
They didn't get befuddled when the guys from the keep where they took this knife from back then where waiting for them ready, with weapons draw and all. Maybe one of them eventually makes the connection, but I'll most likely just tell them ooc eventually.
>>
>>50848436
I'm stealing this
>>
>>50847850
>implying barbarians have to use heavy weapons
>>
>>50848402
>>50848436
Hah. Very nice. Any more ideas what the creature or creatures might be?
Do you mean shift the tone to more horror?
>>
>>50848572
Well he's actually a cobbler, the whole barbarian bit is mostly his impulse control problem and he generally swings about whatever he has at hand for the moment but he's starting to like the idea of this tiny gnome swinging about something huge so here I am as a good little GM trying to find out if 5e has something for me to make my player happy or if I just have to come up with something on my own.

The whole statisticly optimal or "viable" thing aint exactly part of our style of roleplaying, it's all about the entertainment value and playing characters with interesting concept that entertains the entire group (including me).

I was just trying to make sure if I had to do the job myself or if there wa something to just grab and apply.
>>
>>50848436
>>50848402
Nice little unfolding story shift there. Well done.
>>
Would 8 wisdom/charisma work for other spellcasters? Or does wizard only sort of work because of the amount of spells they have?
>>
File: phb gave me a boner.png (487KB, 1599x899px) Image search: [Google]
phb gave me a boner.png
487KB, 1599x899px
I've started working on subclass filtering, which requires not just coding but some changing to the raw data.

https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/classes.html#Barbarian,0

Currently each subclass shows up as a simple filtering button. Unclicked, all the features (including those from all subclasses) are shown. When clicked, they show all the base class features and the features from that subclass alone.

I've got up to fighter done and am taking a break now. Any comments or suggestions as I move forward would be appreciated.
>>
So, how do we make Sorcerer not one of, if not the worst class? Should we?
>>
>>50844149
Ive decided on a mixture of trench warfare and vietcong tunneling
>>
>>50848730
Mark UA stuff with (UA) or something
>>
What's the best gish? Bladesinger?
>>
>>50848730
The half-elf variant features have some slightly wonky formatting. Nothing that needs to be fixed immediately though.

Great job so far! This is honestly just an incredible resource.
>>
>>50848878

Sorcadin.
>>
>>50848402
>>50848436

>Stop being stalked
>Knife stops vibrating
>No more massages
>Have to hide from the party; when they start looking for you you can get massages again
>>
>>50844149
Not very stupid, kinda cool actually. I feel like a gnome or a dwarf wold be more thematically appropriate though.
>>
>>50848981
>>50848436
The vibrating is actually because you have a fantasy version of Parkinson's and you have the tremors.
>>
>>50844328
By "random roll" do you mean, an ability check? Depending on the possible results and the possible costs I could see a workable system here.
>>
So if this is fantasy medieval Europe do you have girls getting married in their early teens?
>>
So I want Eldritch Spear Spell Sniper with long distance metamagic. Whatbshould be the primary Class Sorc or Lock?
>>
>>50842409
Tell him his GMPC's intervention lacks continuity and that since your characters exist in this world then you should have knowledge of what rules are changed to reflect your character's knowledge of how their world works. Also tell him that this is a fantasy game and doesn't need to match reality and that it's fine if things are changed to make sense logically within the scope of the DnD multiverse but if you change too much without telling anyone then the reason that you won't tell us will make less sense than the thing you supposedly changed to make sense.
>>
What classes are hurt with roll based character creation
>>
>>50846194
This seems to just be valor bard that traded all the support/team features for more personal combat power. So yeah, pretty overpowered.
>>
>>50849231
MAD.

If a class relies on multiple ability scores to be useful/potent, then there's your answer.
>>
File: 1388979210653.gif (254KB, 666x578px) Image search: [Google]
1388979210653.gif
254KB, 666x578px
>>50848730
You're a pretty /cool/ guy.
>>
>>50849164
Depends on what your ratio of fantasy to Europe is. The former sees nobility getting married for political reasons but always conveniently at the age of majority for your local law, and at least some thought is paid to the emotions of the parties involved. The latter sees girls getting married before they even menstruate and dying in childbirth once they have a kid at 13 cause their bodies aren't ready and medicine is shit. A mix between the two sees girls getting married slightly below your legal age of consent, but fully reproductively capable.
>>
>>50848691
I mean, sure. You can make it so the barbarian has an attack helicopter too if you want, nothing stopping you.

The nearest thing are lances, which aren't heavy weapons.

You're free to tell gnomes that they can use longbows and ten foot poles just fine, whether you justify it with a magic or not. You shouldn't need to ask,since the only other thing aside from the PHB that might have such a thing is the DMG. They don't seem to like releasing new equipment or suchlike in UAs Oh, right, there is a guide in the DMG for refluffing weapons to, say, wuxia weapons, I think. But that's just refluff.
>>
>>50849164
no because in my setting, and i've actually thought about this, and no i'm not from tumblr, the existence of magic and the capacity for girls (and men) to be higher stats than normal humans has really leveled out gender norms for male versus female relations.
>>
File: Walkure.jpg (562KB, 1500x1490px) Image search: [Google]
Walkure.jpg
562KB, 1500x1490px
Can you go all bard party and just use disabling or charm spells to end combat? M
>>
>>50849384
Marrying young has nothing to do with equality though. Many cultures are quite egalitarian but still marry young
>>
>>50848402
>>50848436
stealing the fuck outta this.
>>
>>50849427
is that true? i don't think thats true but i could be wrong.
>>
>>50849460
Age of marraige has more to do to life expectancies rather than equalitynof men and women.
>>
>>50847645
Gnome Pally here. Fuck your meta stat shit.
>highest roll was 14
INTELLIGENCE 14 + 2(race) = 16 (+3) Fucking stats how do they work?!? Miracles~â—‡
>11
CHARISMA! PLUS FUCKING ZERO MODIFIER BECAUSE FUCK YOUR RULES
>technically don't have stats to multiclass into my current class
MY BACKSTORY SAYS IT TOOK 5 YEARS TO GRADUATE PALADIN SCHOOL INSTEAD OF THE NORMAL 2 YEAR BECAUSE READING IS FOR PUSSIES
FUCK CLERICS!!!
>polearms
I'M 3 FOOT 5 BITCH DO I LOOK LIKE I CAN WIELD THAT SHIT?
>ability score improvement
>Hmmmm... I could put 1 in Strength and 1 in Charisma and increase the modifiers on each
FUCK THAT SHIT +2 INTO CHARISMA SO I CAN HAVE THE BARE MINIMUM TO MULTICLASS INTO SORCERER
>but you have +3 intelligence and it could be +4 with you ability score improvement. Why not Wizard?
DO I LOOK LIKE A NERD TO YOU? MY GENIUS IS TOO GREAT TO BE WASTED ON SOME PANSY ASS WIZARD WHO NEEDS TO BE PROTECTED ALL THE TIME

>Flaw: huge asshole
I'm now a Paladin 5 Sorcerer 2
Part of my character's issues in our campaign has stemmed from the fact that Paladine very much dislikes my character because he's not very enthusiastic about serving Paladine, his interests just happen to align with that of a good aligned paladin and Paladine sounded coolest
>>
>>50849508
>this is what 8 int wizards actually believe
>>
File: 03013et3i8z9DlZKlr3-0.jpg (724KB, 1800x2568px) Image search: [Google]
03013et3i8z9DlZKlr3-0.jpg
724KB, 1800x2568px
>>50849504
sauce? not coz i don't believe you but coz i'm genuinely curious.
>>
File: 1343312632844.jpg (70KB, 930x834px) Image search: [Google]
1343312632844.jpg
70KB, 930x834px
>>50849508
>>
>>50849508
At least tell me what even the point of that multiclass is?

You don't gain any levels of spellcasting from the first level of sorcerer. There aren't even any features that'll help you at that level.
Level 2, you get a level of spellcasting. Great! You could have just levelled paladin for the same thing. And, you get a couple of sorcerery points, I guess. Looking to bonus action green flame blade? Instead of turning your spell slots to bonus actions, why not just spend the level 4 feat on pole arm mastery, use a quarterstaff and shield and use that for a bonus action attack you can use every turn instead of green flame blade / booming blade?

Or, I don't know if you were even planning to do that once you got metamagic. I mean, sure 'It's just for fun!'
Wouldn't it have been more fun to do a wizard, or is the entire game not even anywhere near serious?
>>
So who exactly is Vecna and what did he do?
Cause I plan on having a non-godly Vecna be an end level boss for the campaign if it should get that far and I want to know exactly what the lich lord did to become supreme asshole.
>>
>>50849928
IIRC Vecna was a Greyhawk baddie who wanted to be a Lich. The party from that module prevented him from fucking up a ton of shit, but he achieved lichdom anyway. In the buildup to 3E he managed to punk the Lady of Pain (somehow) and managed to become a deity, and in doing so rewrote the rules of reality from 2E to 3E. So he's responsible for caster supremacy. In 4E he's an evil deity of secrets. In 5E his status is unknown, so do what you want with him.
>>
>>50849928

He was a mortal dude who got a fuck ton of magic power. Turned into Lich, and eventually became a God. Dude hoarded so many secrets he became the god of them.

>https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Vecna
>>
>>50849997
Also this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vecna
I wanted to give you my impressions from memory, not quote wikipedia.
>>
What else might one add to a magic item Horned Helmet (Helm of the Stag) besides the Horned rules from the Minotaur race?

Just want something little extra besides the horns that has some thing to do with stags or "green knights".
>>
>>50850125
You look cool showing up to a social event even if you don't come with a date.
>>
>>50850211
Heh. Fair enough. A social bonus would be nifty.. Maybe a inspiration die (D6) per day?
>>
>>50847556
It doesn't count as being directly harmful to the target, but it still probably won't work. Telling someone to "fight" just lets them continue fighting you as normal since you're not telling them *who* to fight.
>>
File: 1386953866292.jpg (20KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
1386953866292.jpg
20KB, 270x270px
so i don't know a lot about Faerun lore because i'm mostly in/running homebrew stuff, but it just hit me that Tyr from Norse mythology is one of the gods.

Are there any other Norse gods or even gods from different existing mythologies in Faerun?
>>
>>50850125
Passive perception bonus?
Flighty deer/perceptive ranger theme.
>>
>>50850211
>>50850319
Hm, something regal, the buck protecting the herd. Yeah that sounds like a good angle to work on. Thanks.
>>
>>50849928
Vecna was originally an Oeridian human who later became a lich and eventually became a deity of forbidden knowledge and hidden secrets.
He claimed, even when as a human, the Serpent would whisper to him; the Serpent being the incarnation of all magic and brethren to the Lady of Pain.

Vecna had servants who themselves became important in their own right, and would eventually lose an eye and hand to these servants.

He would eventually plunge into Ravenloft and escape from there and would also enter and also escape from Sigil, an act unheard of.

He ushered in the age of 3e from 2e.
>>
So is Kas stronger than Strahd?
>>
>>50850470
Depends if Strahd has the powers of a Dark Lord as he did in previous editions.
>>
>>50849743
Well there are some thought out reasons for my actions a large part of it is just for fun. There are a lot of times when you can role play an interaction to bypass the need for particularly amazing stats and tricks and traps can always spice up combat; an example being that I always carry a bucket with me and at one point came across a beached whale and acquired a bucket full of whale oil which was later used in combination with a tinderbox and some slight of hand from our rogue to deal a lot of damage to an air elemental we were having trouble with.

I'm almost like a jack of all trades but not a bard. It's like how in LotR when Gandalf says "do you take me for some conjurer of cheap tricks?!" Except unlike Gandalf I actually am a conjurer of cheap tricks.

I know a Sorcerer could just hold person into point blank double disintegrate (cast at level 9 and 8) for 70d6 + 80 force damage (average 325 damage) but as a paladin I prefer the more class appropriate combo of haste and hold person into 3 divine smites (level 8, 7 and 6) plus Disintegrate metamagicked down to bonus action cast as level 9 for 48d8 radiant + 38d6 + 40 force damage = 389 damage average.

Or I could go two weapon fighter feat into hold monster (until it succeeds) into haste into 4 divine smite attacks at level 9, 8, 7, and 6 for 68d8 radiant damage (average 306) to nearly half kill a tarrasque followed by my teammates

BTW I know haste and hold person would require 2 casters in case you noticed that they're both concentration spells

Essentially my class build does have reasoning to it but it's a bit ridiculous for the sake of entertainment. While others may enjoy min/maxing their characters, I find that it seriously limits creativity in combat when your class build is such a straight line. You don't have to throw a total curveball like my pally sorc gnome with high Int but at least give it a bit of flavor
>>
People who think characters should have high cha to actually be the party face are retarded and shit at rp
>>
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/classes.html#Monk,2

Monks done, added highlighting for character options and some better formatting in there.
>>
Does anyone have the updated list of all the class archetypes with the Unearthed Arcana options included?

Please and thank you.
>>
>>50850579
This is still freaking brilliant. Kudos.
>>
>>50849508

...I think what offends me most is that your DM is running a Dragonlance game.
>>
>>50850550
this nigga doesnt play his character

everybody point and laugh
>>
I'm joining a campaign with a Half-Orc Bear Totem Barbarian, a human Fiend Bladelock, a Gnome dex-based ranged Fighter, a Dwarf unarmed fighter/tavern brawler, a Tiefling Beastmaster Ranger (revised) who uses bows, and a Human Necromancer Homebrew class.

I'm trying to think of a class that will have good synergy with the party, while still being fun and useful. Bard comes to mind but I'm not married to the idea so I'd appreciate any suggestions.
>>
>>50850730

Your party is super fucking weighted towards martials, so anything full caster will work well. Bard or cleric are probably the way to go to provide some healing and support for Danger Dirk's Dastardly Den of DPS
>>
>>50850730
Anything.
>>
>>50850730
Not up to you to balance the party it's up to the GM to balance the experience. That said, never hurts helping the GM out a bit.
>>
>>50850730
Bard is always a great last slot filler.
>>
>>50850813
Also usually makes for some great roleplaying and have some great retheme possibilities.
>>
File: 8 INT Rogue Mastermind.gif (970KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
8 INT Rogue Mastermind.gif
970KB, 500x375px
making the new thread.

Is there any OP changes of note?
As always, giving it a few minutes if there's any suggestions.
>>
>>50850886
take discord off imo
>>
>>50850899
I can't say I've ever used it so I have no idea how much people actually want it in the OP.

I might move it around a bit though.
>>
>>50845932
How has no one said Tempest Cleric.
>>
>>50850791
I'm definitely interested in a full caster, but I've never actually played one before (my last two characters were martials) so I'm kind of clueless about them.

Bard seems the most fun, but I've got no clue which Archetype to choose (I'm joining the game at level 7 if it matters). I like the Cleric as well, but similarly there are a lot of archetypes and I'm not sure which interests me most. Sorcerer seems pretty cool too.

>>50850810
I know, I just want to play something that will help the team out instead of feeling needlessly redundant.

>>50850813
>>50850843
I'm leaning most towards a Bard I think.
>>
File: EVERYONE, GET IN HERE.jpg (39KB, 479x361px) Image search: [Google]
EVERYONE, GET IN HERE.jpg
39KB, 479x361px
>>50850992
>>50850992
>>50850992
>>50850992

Fresh bread
>>
>>50850979

When in doubt, go Lore bard. They're amazing. And full casters are a lot of fun, give it a try. The only thing you might not like hte bard's lack of damage, which a single dip of Warlock will handily solve with eldritch blast.
>>
>>50848781
Why?
>>
>>50842687
>Wizard casting spells in public
No one raises an eyebrown
Thread posts: 364
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.