[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Friday Night Magic >One of the regulars is soft-spoken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 35

File: C0Iho9OWEAAq-kn.jpg (33KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
C0Iho9OWEAAq-kn.jpg
33KB, 480x640px
>Friday Night Magic
>One of the regulars is soft-spoken and always wears a Nike cap
>People start calling him Nike

Is this ok? Is it bullying?
>>
>>50839336
It's okay you fucking pansy.
>>
>>50839336
Of course it's OK you retard
>>
>>50839336
Of course its fucking okay you worthless SJW shit. If he wanted to be called something other than "nike" he should have actually spoken up and done something instead of being a beta bitch. where do you think you are, tumblr?
>>
>Friday Night Magic
>One of the regulars speaks with thick accent and always squats
>People start calling him Adidas

>>
>Friday Night Magic
>One of the regulars say that his name is Robert
>People start calling him Bob

is this ok? is it bullying?
>>
>>50839336
>>50839563
>ywn have a cool nickname instead of your lameass name
>>
>>50839336
Depends. When they say it, does it rhyme with "Mike" or "Mikey"?
>>
File: 70y2agltnasx.jpg (371KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
70y2agltnasx.jpg
371KB, 3264x1836px
>>50839563
>People start calling him Adidas

But Łucja is a woman anon
>>
>Friday Night Magic
>One of the regulars is a soft-spoken Greek goddess of victory
>People start calling her Nike

>>
>>50839427
Chillax faggot nigger.

>>>/pol/ is that way.
>>
>>50839336
sounds like good old bants
I started playing when I was 12 (in a small, regular community of mostly ~30 year old dudes) and everyone mockingly called me Elfboy.

Granted I only played elves because I barely had other cards and Onslaught block had just come out.
>>
>>50839336
Ask him, dumbass.
>>
>Friday Night Magic
>One of the regulars speaks with a lot of grandeur and wears a top hat
>Start calling him Magic Mickey
>>
>>50839632
then she needs to be removed before the SJW filth infest and infect.
>>
>>50839646

>In a soft voice, he says he doesn't mind while blushing

What does it mean??
>>
>>50839336

It's probably friendly. What planet do you people live on?
>>
File: Poison Incoming.jpg (295KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
Poison Incoming.jpg
295KB, 620x412px
>>50839672
>>
You can really tell the difference in this thread between people who have been around on /tg/ >>50839563
and people who just started posting on 4chan this year and somehow wandered in here >>50839678
>>
>Friday Night Magic
>One of the regulars speaks with husky lisp and always wears leather pants
>People start calling him OP

>>
>>50839712
That's the SJW Magic designer who chats on Tumblr, right?
>>
>>50839713
It's okay. That /pol/ faggot posted gore which means he'll get a nice ban.
>>
>>50839752

Wielding a poison counter, yes.
>>
>>50839720
For your information I'm a twink and always wear girl's jeans.
>>
>>50839712
Why do Americans NEVER wear long-sleeved tees?
>>
>Friday Night Magic
>One of the regulars is jon finkel
>People start calling him jonnymagic

>>
>>50839870
Because most American states have climates roughly analogous to South-Europe/North-Africa?
>>
File: european.jpg (31KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
european.jpg
31KB, 600x600px
>>50839870

Long sleeves are an European invention.
One we don't need to be quite honest.
>>
>>50839901
>Is this ok? Is it bullying?

Did he enthusiastically consent to this label?
>>
>>50839870
Not enough lines, they look like frumpy jumpsuits
>>
>You will never have an mtg group where everyone has a stupid nickname that nobody can really remember the source of
>You will never be J-Blow playing cards with Bigmac, Moshpit, Johnnie Pickard, and The Swamp Thing
>You will never have long, meandering conversations that start with "Hey, does anyone remember how James became Bigmac?"
>>
>>50839336
Probably not but whether this is bullying depends 100% on whether the kid feels bullied.

If it is some new guy who is really quiet and shy then calling him Nike might make him feel singled out and unwanted, and he may stop showing up.

If he seems chill about it then it's obviously not a problem.
>>
>>50839678
Dude, I thought it was a piece of colored glass. Not the iris being reflected.
>>
>>50839674
He's secretly getting off to it.
>>
>>50839645
This sounds so familiar, where do you live?
>>
>>50839870
The greatest american of all times wears them
>>
>>50839336
it is bullying because you didn't ask him what his preferred name was. you just assumed based on visual cues what you should label him as, you shitlord

>>50839427
>he should have actually spoken up and done something instead of being a beta bitch
excuse me shitlord but not all men are meant to fit into machismo alpha stereotypes. guys can be shy just like girls. shyness isn't tied to gender, which is a social construct.

>>50839962
just because someone seems chill doesn't mean it's not "obviously a problem". there were a bunch of chocolate Americans being held in captivity for hundreds of years as slaves, yet a lot of them "seemed chill" because they didn't want to be whipped or lynched
>>
>>50840205
most names are given
and visual ques
You used to be given a name after something you've done or cause of an usual feature you have.
Still happens, people called me 'D' sometimes in school. Cause went into puberty at 9 and had bigger dick than everyone else in class for some years.
"The D" came later on around 13/15 when everyone had sexuality in their head.
Still use it as a name in games, quite funny pham.
>>
>>50839678
That delicious goop at the end.
>>
File: SuzukaMAGA.jpg (18KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
SuzukaMAGA.jpg
18KB, 184x184px
>being ridiculed for choice of headwear
>>
>>50840171
Correction, why do Americans NEVER wear long-sleeved tees, except girly-style underneath a short-sleeves tee?
>>
>>50840345
Because you can wear a short sleeve and a jacket. It's like having detachable sleeves.
>>
>>50840339
Please read this guide for what's acceptable at Magic tournaments.
http://www.hipstersofthecoast.com/2016/05/command-etiquette-magic-time-trump/

>What a lot of people seem stubbornly unwilling to grasp is that “political correctness,” as a concept, is incredibly simple. It basically boils down to “don’t be an asshole.” Maintaining a basic level of respect, independent of your own personal views, is the type of base social lubricant that societies require to function. As soon as you privilege your beliefs over someone else’s lived experience, you are being offensive. When you rely on stereotypes, you are failing to see the other person as fully human.

The last paragraph applies to you too.
>>
>>50840345
I've come to find that males in some rock crowds, have otherwise feminine stuff. Black nail poilsh specifically. Gay as fuck. I think it's Satanist. I guess they're all bisexual anyway.
>>
>>50839336
>using a nickname
>bullying

Someone autistic enough to think this is bullying deserves to be bullied for real.
>>
>>50840370
>you can wear a short sleeve and a jacket
>>
>>50840410
What do you wear under your jacket then, a spaghetti top?
>>
>>50840440
A black shit with my black tie, goes great with my fedora
>>
>>50840401
>Jess Stirba is worried about parallels between pre-fascist political climates and the 2016 election.
>hipstersofthecoast
>authorities on anything

>throwing an opponent off by invoking an avatar of oppression is a shitty thing to do.

The ironic part of that article is that their liberal hypocrisy can be applied to themselves. They're stereotyping 60 million Americans and putting their own beliefs over someone else's experiences. The cognitive dissonance in this article is simply amazing.

>The great thing about being respectful of other people is that all it requires is keeping your opinions to yourself and treating the people with whom you are interacting in the manner they wish to be treated.

They can do that too. Why are they privileging their beliefs over my own?

> take that person aside and explain to them the way that image is going to be seen by women, people of color, the LGBTQ community.

Again, another egregious stereotype. Plenty of women, people of color, and LGBT people support him.

I have this on a playmat and I have not had a single person file a legitimate complaint. In case they do, I have the Reagan one, Clinton one, and for the most tried and true SJW, the Lincoln one. I've had a couple people scoff, make stupid faces, but otherwise ignore it.
>>
>>50839336
Our regular group consists of Einstein, Sysadmin, Beard, Token (she is the token girl of our group) and Bobby (protip: his name isn't actually Bobby).
We don't know or share any personal details besides those that occassionally come up in the conversation, despite the fact we've been playing for almost a year.
They're the best goddamn group I've had in years.
>>
>>50840557
Is it silk?
>>
File: 1476565521514.png (112KB, 619x562px) Image search: [Google]
1476565521514.png
112KB, 619x562px
>>50839336
>>
>>50839336
Did you ask if you can call him Nike?
If he said yes, go ahead pussy.
If he said no, go ahead pussy.
>>
>>50839634
Ehehe
>>
File: [cheeki breeki intensifies].gif (359KB, 318x306px) Image search: [Google]
[cheeki breeki intensifies].gif
359KB, 318x306px
>>50840570
>Plenty of women, people of color, and LGBT people support him.

ANU CHEEKI BREEKI GOOD GOY!
>>
>>50839634
>Nike
>Not Victoria
How are you enjoying being fucked in the ass every morning, you greek fuckboy?
>>
>>50840856
It's just objective fact. Exit polling data is very clear that Trump did not win on the white vote alone. Hillary lost white male and female votes, while also losing some latino, a lot of asian, and a significant number of black votes. (Romney only won 1% of black votes in 2012, Trump won 9%.)

Ironically enough, he was down with Jews by 2-3%.
>>
>>50839336
It's called a nickname
>>
>>50840401
Leave.

Nobody wants you here or anywhere. You are so victorian you want to regulate dress. Kill yourself.

Or at least go move to the 8 mile. Or Dearborn. Go be a faggot with those you want me to tolerate.
>>
>>50841130
More like a nikename amirite.
>>
>>50839336
>Implying that being nicknamed after the Goddess of Victory at an MTG tournament isn't dope as fuck
Fucking tumblrites need to stop reading all the wrong meanings into things.
>>
>>50839870
I do, but only under a jacket. I roll up the sleeves when I come out of the cold, so...
>>
>Calling someone Nike
>Normalizing capitalism

Are you guys even post-Marxist?
>>
>>50841137
>players who spend thousands on cardboard
>who live in coastal studio apartments on the coast costing upwards of $2000 in rent
>have the audacity to play social police and tell you how privileged you are
>>
>>50840402
I... can't deny any of that.
>>
>>50841257

>sanctimonious_smuggness.tiff
>>
>>50841179
Kek.
>>
>>50840402
Well, going by what I recall from my brief exposure to satanism they sort of have the "hole is a hole" mentality going on.
>>
>>50839632
Letting slav women into your games
>>
>>50841137
Hate slogans aren't dress. Wear normal red caps all you want.
>>
>>50840143
ontario
>>
>>50841637
Make America Great Again isn't a hate slogan. Just because you believe it is doesn't mean it actually is.

To easily determine if your views are biased, turn them around: If you were asked to remove a Bernie shirt/hat/playmat, would you deem that reasonable?
>>
>>50839932
Sounds like you want to be a biker as represented in a family-friendly TV show.
>>
>>50841759
Read the article. All anyone is asking is that you don't be an asshole and try to understand other people's feelings.
>>
>>50840570
>>hipstersofthecoast
>>authorities on anything
They get preview cards from Wizards, so...
>>
>>50841799
That's a two way street bub.
>>
File: i-dont-like-thing-ok.jpg (66KB, 500x640px) Image search: [Google]
i-dont-like-thing-ok.jpg
66KB, 500x640px
>>50841799
I have read the article (and I wish I hadn't). It is the same leftist drivel that has been spewing out for the past year. It is a gross mess of hypocrisy. It's virtue signalling for someone trying to disguise their "I don't like Trump" Spoiler: Read their other articles after the election or look at their twitter feeds they advertise under some sanctimonious garbage.

>Don't be an asshole
Who is the asshole, someone wearing a perfectly acceptable article of clothing?
Or the person impsoing their will and beliefs on him through the shame and intimidation tactics they are claiming to be fearful of?

>try to understand other people's feelings
Something the author of the article fails to do themselves. They have no desire to understand other people's feelings. They only want their own feelings understood, and for everyone else to agree with their viewpoint.

Now answer the question. Should I be allowed to ask you (or anyone else) to remove their Bernie 2016 clothing/playmats? If your objection to MAGA is on political grounds, then you must remove your Bernie/Obama/Hillary memorabilia as well.

If your objection is on grounds of it being "offensive" you need to explain why it is. Because if you retort with "no I don't I just think it is offensive", then maybe I find your anime playmat offensive charicatures of the Japanese. Maybe I find your illegally reproduced artwork offensive for commiting art theft. See where this is going?

You may as well just show up to Magic with a plain t-shirt, blue jeans, plain KMC sleeves, and a monocolor playmat. Lest some delicate flower gets "triggered".
>>
>>50841849
Everyone and their mom who has a youtube channel gets preview cards from Wizards. It doesn't make their opinions hold any authority.
>>
>>50839870
I have hairy arms and I really like rolling up sleeves so I wear normal button downs
>>
>>50841507

What could go wrong?
>>
>>50841064

No, goy, Russia is all powerful cyberbully puppetmaster. No one voted for Trump!

You want war with Russia, goy. Just listen and believe!
>>
>>50841064
>Ironically enough, he was down with Jews by 2-3%.
How's that ironic?
>>
>>50841944
I'm offended by your playmat and sleeves. I'm colorblind and this is discrimination and hate filled.
>>
>>50842169
Clearly the only acceptable answer is a clear plastic playmat and clear sleeves.
>>
>>50839336
This thread is stupid and this question is asinine, but for what it's worth here's an answer from someone with a distinctive article of clothing they wear all the time:

I fucking know I wear it. I suspect some of you might not recognize me without it. If the idea that it might come to define me in your eyes bothered me, I wouldn't do it in the first place.
>>
>>50841955
Wrong, see the MTGHQ controversy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwm02zPsJ90
>>
>>50842192
My mother slit her wrists with clear plastic. You're triggering me with that and as this is obviously a malicious act; you're a bully nike.
>>
File: explosive runes.jpg (150KB, 500x815px) Image search: [Google]
explosive runes.jpg
150KB, 500x815px
>>50842473
>>
>>50840570
You have Trump and Clinton playmats?
And here I thought 2-0'ing a guy after denying his request to split first place because of his MLP sleeves was going to be the highlight of my accessory-based pettiness. I hope I play you next prerelease.
>>
>>50839336
Not really. Nike is the goddess of victory.
>>
>>50842423
>some fat guy who only opens packs doesn't get to preview
You do know his controversy was only because he was openly shitting on other channels and people, right? And that the preview he was allowed to do was completely by accident and someone's fuckup, right?

Don't get so autistic. But to alleviate your pedantic trigger, MOST youtubers get preview cards.
>>
>>50839336
>Is this ok? Is it bullying?

Nope.
>>
>>50842541
Bill Clinton. They're done by a guy named Sharpwriter, who makes overly dramatic political artwork.
>>
All these nicknames while playing Magic reminds me of my friend.
He developed the tendency and talent for nicknaming people.
In college, he actually managed to rebrand himself as "Sex Machine" while remaining a M:tG and Star Wars geek.
>>
>>50842587
Ok that one is actually pretty funny, I'd let you draw into top 8 with me if it came up.
>>
>>50842022
You'll be stuck playing only Slav games
All day everyday
>>
>>50842587
>crocodile with a nuclear bomb
>Ronald McDonald firing a shotgun

Magnifico.
>>
>I'm 6'8", generally pleasant to be around, and love playing green decks
>People call me the jolly green giant
>no one knows my real name, eventually someone asks
>I tell them, but there's another Brad
>I'm now known as B-rad D the Gangster G
>everyone always rhymes like 10 words that sound like Dee every time they see me
I honestly preferred jolly green giant.
>>
>>50842574
Please educate yourself over what actually happened and then you'll see why it is an endorsement for Hasbro to send previews.
>>
>>50839590
Under-rated
>>
>>50842673
Please reread the quote chain and stop posting.

Receiving previews (or "endorsements") does not mean they have any authority to speak on behalf of Wizards/Hasbro, nor does it fully endorse all of the content they produce.
>>
File: 1472048725612.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1472048725612.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>50842641
>I'm now known as B-rad D the Gangster G
>everyone always rhymes like 10 words that sound like Dee every time they see me

I'm sorry but that's hilarious
>>
>>50842757
That would be true if they sent previews to both Hipsters of the Coast with their shit and MTGHQ despite the reddit outcry against him. But instead, they decide one isn't good for their brand and the other is.
>>
>>50842815
Most of HOTC is Magic-related and somewhat thought-provoking about the game prior to November, and after they got their preview card. Notice how they haven't gotten one since.

Most of MTGHQ is a fat guy shitting on other people while opening fatpacks. And they already admitted it was an accident.
>>
>>50842919
>prior to November, and after they got their preview card. Notice how they haven't gotten one since.
I take it you haven't read their articles from before then. They were SJW from the start and I fully expect they'll get preview cards again when Aether Revolt is around the corner.
>>
>>50841944
>Should I be allowed to ask you (or anyone else) to remove their Bernie 2016 clothing/playmats? If your objection to MAGA is on political grounds, then you must remove your Bernie/Obama/Hillary memorabilia as well.
That's rather missing the point. Why would anyone be offended by them, even if they disagreed with them?
>>
>>50840205

You are a pussy. Harden the fuck up.
>>
>>50843066
>Why would anyone be offended by them, even if they disagreed with them?
I could ask the same thing about a "Make America Great Again" hat. What, do people have something against making our country better than it is?
>>
>>50840557
>A black shit
>>
>>50842081
Because the person he was replying to referred to him as "goy"; if I need to explain further leave this site and never come back.
>>
>>50843175
>>50840570
>the way that image is going to be seen by women, people of color, the LGBTQ community.
>>
>>50839563

Better Adidas than Gopnik.
>>
>>50843197
You keep coming back to this, and blanket-stereotyping large groups of people into your particular worldview, the exact same thing the authors on that blog speak out against. Maybe stop being such a fucking hypocrite. :^)
>>
>>50843240
Maybe stop supporting hate.
>>
>>50839336
>People call him like the fucking goddess of victory
>Is this ok?
Of course it's, I wish they called me Nike
>>
>>50843175
>making our country better than it is?
Yes, good goy. We'll start by killing net neutrality, lowering taxes for billionaires, gutting climate monitoring programs, and paying for contracts to increase our nuclear arsenal.
But that wall will get built and that swamp will get drained, don't you worry (it might just take until after the 2020 election).

wait what board am I on
>>
>>50843278
That's not an argument. :^)
>>
File: woo2.jpg (73KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
woo2.jpg
73KB, 960x720px
Why did Channel Fireball throw away Travis Woo?
>>
>>50843303
>We'll start by killing net neutrality
Look at water, electricity, and other government-controlled commodities. The government taking over services spells the death for competition and improvement. NN is bad, especially when countries like (((Romania))) have better access to faster internet than Americans.

>lowering taxes for billionaires
I wish I was a billionaire in the "middle class". Thankfully, we don't need to tax anybody as much when we kick poor people off their free ride programs.

>gutting climate monitoring programs
America does not significantly contribute to "global warming". If global warming is caused by man (a debated issue; the "97% of climate scientists" figure has been debunked) major industrial powers like China and India, who will never submit to regulation, are the majority cause. America is figuratively pissing in an ocean of piss.

Meanwhile, green energy companies make billions on government subsidies producing "solar powered" buildings that will pay for themselves after 90 years. And we know the government never replaces buildings any earlier than that!

>paying for contracts to increase our nuclear arsenal
That to me sounds like making jobs and boosting the American economy. It is also a natural (and smart) approach when you have every other major world power announcing that they're increasing their nuclear arsenal.

>But that wall will get built
The wall has always been metaphorical. It is much easier to chant "BUILD THE WALL" at a rally than it is to chant "Increase border patrols, unmanned surveillance, electronic detection, and enforce immigration policies suspended by Obama executive orders" over and over.

>and that swamp will get drained
And for the most part, it has been. You can "muh exxon ceo" but he has been endorsed by several past Secretaries of State and major figures as the foremost expert on Russia next to Henry Kissinger.
>>
>>50839336
>Friday Night /tg/
>One of the regulars is obnoxious and always spergs about trump
>People start calling him a cuck

>>
>>50843453
Tell him how offensive what he's saying is to people who don't hate freedom and their country.
>>
>>50843453
Cucks want other men to fuck their wives, and Republicans are against polygamy and extramarital affairs.

That'd be like calling a chocolate American a "chink".
>>
>>50843419

>The wall has always been metaphorical. It is much easier to chant "BUILD THE WALL" at a rally than it is to chant "Increase border patrols, unmanned surveillance, electronic detection, and enforce immigration policies suspended by Obama executive orders" over and over.

This is pretty funny mental gymnastics tho, gotta say. Trump promised a literal, physical wall which he also promised would be beautiful and payed for by mexico. He said that because at no point did he think he was really gonna be president, he just liked campaigning. Shit, he still did it after he won he likes it so fucking much.
>>
>Friday Night Magic
>One of the regulars is morbidly obese and routinely pulls people's heart plugs
>People start calling him the Baron

>>
>>50843419
>implying the wall will not, in fact, be built
If a bunch of Chinese can do it with stone over the course of a few centuries, we can do it with concrete over a decade.
Plus the Jews did it too, and their wall is working just fine.
>>
>>50839870
I don't know what you're talking about. I'm wearing one right now.
>>
>>50843419
>privatization is the best!
Nice meme. My country has been gradually selling off a lot of its services to private interests and it constantly fucks the consumers (and the nation itself in the long run).
>taxes and social welfare are bad
The memes never end! Were your parents cousins?
>Green energy is bad, climate change isn't real, and if it is it's China and India's fault
China and India are switching to green energy at a rate way faster than America. Especially because they don't have the bizarre stigmata against nuclear.
>Buying more nuclear warheads is smart
Yet you guys hate nuclear power plants.
>We never wanted to build the wall in the first place
I don't think most of the supporters got that memo.
>The swamp has been drained
Jesus Christ do you believe anything you say or are you aggressively moronic for fun?
It's scary that people actually think this way.
>>
>>50843419
>Look at water, electricity, and other government-controlled commodities. The government taking over services spells the death for competition and improvement. NN is bad, especially when countries like (((Romania))) have better access to faster internet than Americans.
I have admittedly not looked all that closely at what NN actually is, but wasn't it more or less 'hey ISPs don't be dipshits charging people more (or charging the company directly) to not have slow speeds on specific sites)'?
>>
>>50843500
Some areas benefit by a literal, physical wall. Other areas benefit more by electronic surveillance due to natural barriers (spoiler: most of the border is a rocky, treacherous shithole, hence why it is unpopulated.

Did you bother reading anything beyond the CNN headlines? He also laid out how the wall would be PAID for by Mexico, one example being a tax on international wire transactions, Because actual citizens just use their banking app now.
>>
File: not an argument.png (54KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
not an argument.png
54KB, 500x534px
>>50843560
>anecdote
>insult
>sourceless
>generalization
>comment
>opinion
N O T
A N
A R G U M E N T
>>
>>50840401
>As soon as you privilege your beliefs over someone else’s lived experience, you are being offensive.
>It basically boils down to “don’t be an asshole.”

That's a pretty fucking broad rule. It's like something a five year old would come up with.

>The only rule is don't make me angry or sad. Ever. But if you do, it's YOUR fault, and you'll never be allowed back into my secret fun castle unless you grovel at my feet and wear clothes that say what you did wrong. It's basic human decency.
>>
>>50843569
Obama's FCC was pushing hard for the internet to be regulated as a telecommunications device, in the same category as phones.

Landline phone technology was static, ultimately replaced by VOIP, and cellular technology is so regulated and America is so rural that the only selling point carriers need to make is on coverage. Even basic wifi routers have speeds faster than "4G", and that's bumpkin 5mbps internet that is outshined by fucking gypsy jews in Eastern Europe.

Govermnent controlled infrastructure spells stagnation at best, and damnation at worse. Ask how the people of Flint love their public water utilities. Or Californians love their power bills during brownout seasons.
>>
>>50843419
> The government taking over services spells the death for competition and improvement.
>ISPs
>competing
All the big names have their kingdoms carved out where they're the only name in town and their service is actively shit because LOL where else you gonna get your internet from?
>>
>>50843600
>memeing le not an argument man
I want molyjew posters to leave and stay leave
>>
>>50843651
But that's wrong. Google Fiber and Verizon FiOS are answers to standard broadband, and broadband was an answer to dial-up.

Granted, it could be on a much broader implementation, because you're right. Outside of the city, you better like your country bumpkin internet. So you have one of two things
>private companies don't bother upgrading because lol who cares no competition
>public utilities don't bother upgrading because lol who cares no competition
>>
File: S M U G.png (2MB, 1885x889px) Image search: [Google]
S M U G.png
2MB, 1885x889px
>>50843656
>oh shit, he found me out, better deflect as hard as I can
I swear to god, I've seen this shit so much I could teach a four-hour course on liberal subversion tactics
>>
>>50840401
>It's just you average "My political opponents are literally Hitler and are going to put all the gays and blacks in camps and if you don't share my politics you basically evil so just stop being." SJW blog

What a shock, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>50843641
>Ask how the people of Flint love their public water utilities.
>republicunt trying to use Flint as an example
Maybe if your dipshit GOP fuccboi hadn't decided to use water he was actively aware was shit to try and save a few bucks, there wouldn't have been a problem.

Just because you people keep fucking up doesn't mean we should just stop trying and hope the people willing to cut their own throats to make some cash selling the blood will manage to do better.
>>
>>50843656
But it's so easy. it's the perfect concise counter to liberal feeling statements.

I can't wait for the next Stellaris patch. Authoritarian v. Egalitarianism.
>>
>>50843600
xD /pol/ memes make you not accountable for any of your beliefs and conveniently get you out of discussions you don't like.

But again, you literally believe that (if we go through this once more):
-Net neutrality is bad, green energy is bad and climate change is fake.
-Funneling more tax money into the military industrial complex is good, yet taxes are bad and giving tax money to the poor is very bad.
-That Trump's Republican party is somehow going to be anti-establishment

Next you'll say that the reptile he ran against is going to be thrown in prison!
>>
>>50843714
>and if you don't share my politics you basically evil so just stop being.
Well that part is true, even if none of the rest is.
>>
File: StirnerPoly.jpg (165KB, 956x960px) Image search: [Google]
StirnerPoly.jpg
165KB, 956x960px
>>50843706
>implying I'm him
>implying I don't agree with you
>implying I just don't hate the not an argument man
Arguments are a spook, anyways.

>>50843730
Is Stellaris good now? I binged like 200 hours in the first two release weeks, but haven't touched it since.
>>
>>50843728
>Just because you people keep fucking up doesn't mean we should just stop trying
>oops, government cronies fucked up, let's keep socializing it
>oh em gee, why isn't this working?
>>
>>50843278
I'll stop supporting it when it stops being necessary. The world's burning, we can't bury our heads in the sand any longer. The Berlin truck attacker made his way in as a refugee and managed to make it to Italy before getting killed for what he did thanks to open borders.
>>
>>50843775
1.5 is due out in January, should be pretty good as they've fixed most of the crappy boring shit and may have finally fixed Sectors.
>>
File: 1409708762086.jpg (187KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1409708762086.jpg
187KB, 1280x1280px
>>50839427
you know that people that get triggered by sjws are exactly as retarded as sjws are. Like you're getting triggered about people getting triggered.
>>
>>50843769
>Net neutrality is bad,
right
>green energy is bad
right
>and climate change is fake.
right
>Funneling more tax money into the military industrial complex is good,
wrong
>yet taxes are bad
right
>and giving tax money to the poor is very bad.
right
>That Trump's Republican party is somehow going to be anti-establishment
mostly wrong
>>
>>50843769
>-Net neutrality is bad, green energy is bad and climate change is fake.
Net Neutrality is good, "muh solar" (photovalics, that is) is a perfect example of separating fools from their money, and climate change can't really be helped until China and India either a) get their shit together or b) are conquered and annexed by a more responsible nation

>-Funneling more tax money into the military industrial complex is good, yet taxes are bad and giving tax money to the poor is very bad.
>"muh military industrial complex"
Taxes are neither good nor bad, depending on what they're spent on.
Fuck the poor.

>-That Trump's Republican party is somehow going to be anti-establishment
The election was worth it.
>>
>>50843795
>BAWWWW A BROWN PERSON HURT A FEW PEOPLE

just admit you're racist
>>
>don't be an asshole
>just be a decent guy
>if you don't conform to my views you're a fucking retard redneck neo-nazi blah blah blah
Same rhetoric over and over again. Then you false flag and pretend to be """"moderate"""'.

8 more years shitlibs. Trump's not even in yet, and he's making America great again. Can't wait for the "intelligent satirists" to have a squinty orange man wearing a hat cliche to be used in cartoons. We're still reaping the complete asshurt from Nixon. It's gonna be great.
>>
>>50843820
stop being dumb
>>
>>50840339
>go to FNM or any other event at old FLGS
>no one gives a fuck about my cherry red MAGA hat, never get confronted about it becasue it's the south
God, I miss Florida.
>>
>>50843728
You do know it was Democrat Mayor Dayne walling of Flint who approved the switch, right?
>>
>>50843794
Yeah well I'm only one person, I can't get the nation to actually ditch the cronies they keep electing, but at least I'm aware enough to recognize that switching to corporate cronyism isn't going to magically fix everything.
>>
>>50843484
Authoritarianism is just cuckoldry by another name.
>>
>>50843815
And people that whine about /pol/ getting as triggered as the sjw are just as triggered /pol/ and the sjw.

The Equality of Triggered Value Theory.
>>
File: smug loli.png (5KB, 535x206px) Image search: [Google]
smug loli.png
5KB, 535x206px
>>50843836
No, because I'm not.

Your move.
>>
If you can't tell by the inflection of the nicknamers and the reaction of the nicknamee you may have aspergers. Regardless, if disliked it he should have said something. Faggots who give people they barely know nicknames can go fuck themselves, though.
>>
>>50843628
People have a right to feel safe at Magic events. It really is as simple as that.
http://www.hipstersofthecoast.com/2015/07/wwl-zach-jesse/
http://www.hipstersofthecoast.com/2016/09/unexceptional-and-unacceptable/

It's in Wizards of the Coast's interest to stop players feeling unsafe.
>>
>>50843886
please delete that picture
>>
>>50843870
If you aren't in the blue or red quadrants, you're subhuman.
>>
>Friday Night Magic
>One of the regulars is a rulesshark with the last name Lister
>People start calling him Mr. Lister the Sister Fister
>>
>>50843914
no
>>
>>50843641
>Ask how the people of Flint love their public water utilities. Or Californians love their power bills during brownout seasons.
Why not just ban the government from using subsidies, mandating "green" power, etc and let everyone get the cheapest and best quality utilities they can be given?
>>
>>50843795
Your reaction is exactly the reaction the Italian guy wanted.
>>
>>50843842
Maybe if Hilldog had had slightly better arguments than this she would have won the election.
>>
>>50843969
And if we don't react that way, somebody like him will do it again. We have no choice.
>>
>>50843832
Solar is a bit of a meme because the technology really isn't there yet but China and India are working on nuclear energy harder than almost anyone else. If China gets thorium working then I think they are going to be the unlikely heroes of green energy.

I'm a fan of the poor. I can't deny that they are a tax burden but I think they're a necessary one.

It was nice seeing Hillary get her just desserts and Trump may actually end up being better for my country because he'll (hopefully) get us out of that retarded TPP agreement. I'm hoping Trump will do some good for the economy at least, but I'm overall skeptical and worried that he will cause a lot of regression in other areas. Only four years time will tell I guess, I hope it goes well for all of us. See you at FNM.
>>
>>50843846
Where are you now and what are the reactions there?
>>
>>50843948
>the market will necessarily provide the best services in the long term

>>50843969
>if you kill your enemies, they win
>>
>>50843997
>We have no choice.

Agreed. We must all convert to to appease our new Muslim brothers, inshallah.
>>
>>50843969
>If you want closed borders and nationalism, the terrorists win
Justin, I didn't know you posted on here. Don't you have Canada to run?
>>
You're posting on /tg/ and you don't know what bullying is?

By the way your new name is faggot.
>>
>>50843795
>>50843997

Hate begets hate. Which is not to say that they'll magically stop if we turn around and be nice, but all hating brown people because some of them decide to be shit will accomplish is make more brown people decide to be shit because at least the shit people they are joining don't treat them like shit. Feeling like you belong is a hell of a drug when other people keep insisting you don't.
>>
>>50844008
Not him, but some areas are pretty shitlibby due to old people from the northeast flying down to croak.

It's mostly too hot and moist to get riled up about most things. It's also nice for a fa/tg/uy since wearing hawaiian shirts isn't as much of a social stigma.
>>
>>50844010
Which of those posts do you disagree with the most?
>>
>>50843909
Here's the thing: Zach Jesse did nothing wrong, in terms of playing Magic.

Zach Jesse was targeted by a butthurt proplayer who was dreamcrushed. He doxxed Jesse, found out he was a sex offender, and decided to blast that all over social media. Wizards' reaction, while heavy-handed, was done from a position of liability, not from "safety". Children can and do attend events (and for some reason have privileged straight white fathers who netdeck them Affinity or Burn lists for $1000) and all it takes is one lawsuit and suddenly Standard is a dead format for a year, because all the R&D money went to paying off someone's lawsuit that Hasbro let a "sex offender" molest their kid in the bathroom. Hasbro's reputation as a children's company also likely has a strong role in this decision.

It was in Hasbro's interest to make sure they feel safe... from litigation.
>>
>>50844040
>Islamophobia ran those people over

See the problem with your theory about treating brown people nice is that you assume that
1. The brown people love you back
2. The brown people assimilate to your culture
The endless amount of rapes in Sweden and Germany, combined with "NoGo" areas for europeans clearly shows that the refugees are refusing to assimilate and treat Europeans like trash. Islam does not teach love for infidels, like Christianity does.

In other words, the muslims will hate Europeans regardless of how much dick sucking you give them. They don't see all the donations you've given, they don't see how nice you are. They don't see how much you defended them online. They see an infidel.
>>
>>50844040
But they don't. They flood a country, refuse to learn its language, isolate themselves in communities, and demand that the government allow them to enact Sharia law in these communities.

They literally don't belong. They don't assimilate. They create little enclaves.
>>
File: ohgodwhy.jpg (61KB, 456x628px) Image search: [Google]
ohgodwhy.jpg
61KB, 456x628px
>>50844008
Virginia. Technically the south, but still a blue state. Rove around in Newport News/Norfolk/VA Beach area. Crawling with ghetto rats, crack-addled shipyard zombies, and Bernouts. I've only been confronted once, but that was on the street. Most I get are sideways glances and people talking down at me. Passive aggressive shit. No moving out becasue US Navy. It will only get worse once my ship moves over to Commiefornia.
>>
>>50844116
dude just convert to islam

it solves everything
>>
>>50844059
The first; too many people believe in the god-like infallibility of the markets, and its far more dangerous than the pleb-tier rhetoric of liberals.
>>
>>50844116
>The endless amount of rapes in Sweden and Germany, combined with "NoGo" areas for europeans clearly shows that the refugees are refusing to assimilate and treat Europeans like trash.
Ever wonder why they aren't assimilating? Racist attitudes like yours.
>>
>>50844164
Except people weren't saying anything negative about them at first. They are now, and for damn good reasons.
>>
File: 1481599274145.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1481599274145.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
>>50844164
>Country hates refugees because they refuse to assimilate
>Muslims refuse to assimilate because country treats them like trash.

circulus in probando
>>
>>50844164
You're putting the cart before the horse, anon.
>>
>>50844099
How could Hasbro possibly be liable for not performing background checks on every single player?
>>
>>50844138
Canadian here, our brown immigrants are pretty based. They assimilate well as far as I can tell. There is a schwarma shop on every street corner downtown and 100 cute little Syrian refugees just started going to a bilingual (french and english) primary school in my neighbourhood with hundreds of Canadian kids. I think "they don't assimilate!" is a moot point about immigration, people have been saying that shit about immigrant groups for ages but up here we have a happy cultural mosaic.

The real problem is the logistics of letting a billion of them in at once. It's just unrealistic when it gets to a certain scale.
>>
>>50844116
Not same Anon, but I'd like to add that Muslims choose to kill people of their own free will. We're not forcing them to do jack shit. It wasn't a white man's foot on the peddle or finger on the trigger. Acting like they're little children who don't know any better is illogical becasue they're not children. They're extremist adults who make their own choices, and they chose to murder.
>>
>>50844155
Oh come on, supporting free market utilities is more dangerous than literally saying we shouldn't defend ourselves because then they win?
>>
>>50844189
The same way fast food can be liable for someone spilling hot coffee on their junk.
>>
>>50844189
How can American women sue McDonalds for making them fat?

How can an elderly man sue Winnebago for treating cruise control like autopilot?

How can burglars sue homeowners they burglarize because they injure themselves for code violations?

How can a bank robber sue the city for medical bills after police shot him?

How can a woman sue FedEx for tripping over a package they left on her doorstep?

BECAUSE THIS IS FUCKING AMERICA!
>>
>>50839852
L-LONDON?
>>
>>50844204
>I'd like to add that Muslims choose to kill people of their own free will.
As opposed to all the nonmuslims that choose to kill people of their own free will?
You have added fucking nothing to this discussion.
>>
>>50844208
Like I said, the former actually sounds somewhat sensible to rational people; the latter is immediately (and rightfully) dismissed by anyone with half a brain.

It's more dangerous in the same way that mild and moderate communism/socialism is more dangerous than "eliminate all private property and slaughter the elite" communism; the former actually convinces some people.
>>
>>50844164
lol, nope. They assimilated just fine here in America where we beat the shit out of them regularly. They don't assimilate in Sweden where weak cuckolds like you let them cut peoples' heads off without a word of protest and take the crosses off of churches to avoid offending them (fucking LOL)

A word of advice from the only functional "multicultural' society in the world: Tolerance is the enemy of assimilation. If you allow tons of foreigners into your country and let them build their little enclaves where they all live together, and then bend over backwards for all of their demands and cuck out to them, they won't assimilate, period. They rightly view your society as weak, timid, and homosexual. They rightly see you as a dying race with no religion, no values, and no future. They figure (correctly) that if they just retain their identity for a few generations you'll import in more of their cousins and eventually they'll outnumber you, and then they will simply vote the country into a theocracy, which most of them want.

And when they do, what do you think is the first thing getting thrown out the window? Or, off the roof, rather. You'd better bet it's faggots like you.
>>
>>50844200
And why assimilate when you have tens of thousands of your friends, and a government willing to make "Little Aleppo" for you?

I don't mind immigrants if they
a.) do it legally, and
b.) learn the language
>>
>>50844256
That's the dumbest non-sequitur I've ever heard. All those things are becasue our court system leans more toward kneejerk emotions rather than logic. And it's not just America, either. That stuff happens in Western Europe as well, with the same outcome.
>>
>>50844297
>A word of advice from the only functional "multicultural' society in the world: Tolerance is the enemy of assimilation.
This desu; the only thing you should be allowing immigrants to bring from their countries are food, fashion, festivity, music, and skills.
Literally only the most superficial elements of their culture, as well as what they can bring as an individual.
>>
You know, it just occurred to me that this browns talk reminds me a lot of US politics.

On the one side, we have the Dems, who keep going 'hey guys we should try working together on things so the country works right'

Then you have the Republicans who have forgotten how to be decent people to the point that after losing the governor seat in NC, they rushed through a pile of bills to literally render the position meaningless. Didn't even try masking it either, just a naked power grab. And the democrats keep letting them do it and all the other shitty things they do.
>>
>>50844335
So you get a gaming company, Hasbro, known for making children's toys, hosting a tournament using cards meant for ages as young as 8.

They have an application process to get registered with the DCI, and allowed a player with a known sexual history participate in a tournament with minors.

It's not hard for anyone to make the logical leap here. All it takes is some kid getting sexually harassed/assaulted by the big bad evil sex offender, and Hasbro would be staring down a lawsuit of "allowing a convicted sex offender access to children".

The examples in the "dumbest non-sequitur" stemmed from far less logical circumstances. It wouldn't take but an eager lawyer to launch a highly-publicized lawsuit against a children's toy company and hope for a six or seven-figure settlement.

So they told Zach "the Rapist" Jesse to fuck off and never come back.
>>
>>50844299
>do it legally
So like the UK where there are open borders to 508 million people, you're fine with all of them?
>>
>>50841137
I'd rather you left desu senpai, you sound like a bit of a twat.
>>
>>50844382
>hey guys we should try working together on things so the country works right
more like
>do what we say in the exact way we want you to do it or we will use all of our resources to ruin your life

The democrats aren't a political party, they're a nationwide cult with a presidential primary
>>
>>50844382
>'hey guys we should try working together on things so the country works right'
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh fuck me, are you serious? In 2008, the Democrats got Obama into office. The first fucking thing they did was lock the Republicans out of the room and refuse to even talk to them. Obama famously said "we won!" in response to the complaints that he wasn't even attempting to reach across the aisle. They changed laws to remove the need for 10 point Congressional margins when appointing key cabinet members, made filibusters harder, gave the Executive branch more power, and generally centralized control under themselves.

Then the Midterms happened, and they lost a hundred seats. What followed was simple turnabout. The Democrats got their teeth pounded out at every turn for the following six years. They had cut the entire Republican Party out of the legislative process and been smug about it, expecting to retain their majority forever because they could simply import more voters from Mexico until they had a permanent majority. Unfortunately for them it didn't work out that way and the Republicans, vengeful as fuck, made them pay for it for half a decade.

And now, after eight years of nothing, the Republicans control every branch of the government--House, Senate, Executive, and soon Judicial--and now they have ALL of the extra powers that Obama gave himself, ALL of the ways to ignore the minority that the Democrats gave themselves, and are scheduled to take MORE of it in 2018 because Democrats never win midterms.

The Democrats aren't in a position to "let" anyone do anything, they tried to give themselves dictatorial powers and now they're paying for it.
>>
>>50844434
Trump is neither going to tolerate illegal immigrants nor open the border to refugees, so it's kind of a moot discussion.
>>
>>50844288
>Like I said, the former actually sounds somewhat sensible to rational people; the latter is immediately (and rightfully) dismissed by anyone with half a brain.
Really? Plenty of people do believe, roughly, not so openly or explicitly, the latter. While few people complain about market intervention on principle.

>the former actually convinces some people.
Tell that to the Romanovs.
>>
>>50844256
>How can burglars sue homeowners they burglarize because they injure themselves for code violations?
kek
This is UK law.
Some US states still have castle doctrine.
>>
>>50840401
>social lubricant
Tacit admission that the problem is people taking offense to words, not the words themselves. Political correctness is the subordination of your right of expression to other peoples' feelings. Understandable in the context of a private event but not an argument applicable in public life.
>>
>>50844464
>Democrats never win midterms
Well, not true... Democrats win midterms in Year 6 or 7 of a Republican's 8 year term. :^)

Happened with Reagan, Happened with Bush. So we don't have to worry about Dems winning anything until 2022.
>>
>>50844398
>They have an application process to get registered with the DCI, and allowed a player with a known sexual history participate in a tournament
My brain somehow paused there with a mental image of Sasha Grey nonchalantly signing up for a game while judges at the panel look at each other in utmost panic and confusion.

On more serious note and without taking things out of context, yeah, kiddiefiddling is serious bad rap, especially in a notoriously prudish country, so I can imagine people would want to err on the side of caution.
>>
>>50844382
>after losing the governor seat in NC, they rushed through a pile of bills to literally render the position meaningless. Didn't even try masking it either, just a naked power grab. And the democrats keep letting them do it and all the other shitty things they do.
Brit here, good on the GOP if they really did that. Hope the people of NC appreciate the benefits of it.
>>
>>50844472
>Really? Plenty of people do believe, roughly, not so openly or explicitly, the latter. While few people complain about market intervention on principle.
While they may not complain about market intervention on principle, there is a common sentiment that, in general "the freer the market is always better"

>Tell that to the Romanovs.
The Romanovs aren't every other college student who isn't in STEM.
>>
>>50844484
>Convicted Burglar Sues Homeowner For ‘Recklessly’ Shooting Him
http://lawnewz.com/crazy/convicted-burglar-sues-homeowner-who-shot-him/
>>
>>50844464
>the Republicans control every branch of the government--House, Senate, Executive, and soon Judicial
>and soon Judicial
I'll believe it when affirmative action and gay marriage are undone.
>>
File: 1482102725533.jpg (33KB, 600x299px) Image search: [Google]
1482102725533.jpg
33KB, 600x299px
>>50844464
Revenge!
>>
>>50844545
Affirmative Action lawsuits still happen, so it's bound to get bumped to the SCOTUS. However, you won't hear another gay marriage case. I doubt that'll get overturned. Abortion stands a better chance of being flipped than Gay Marriage.

The important thing is the 2nd Amendment and the Heller decision in 2008 were under threat. The real litmus test is if that decision is further supported and gun rights aren't eroded.
>>
>>50844498
This isn't about rights. This isn't about public life. This isn’t about Patrick Chapin, or Helene Bergeot, or anyone else you think has some kind of agenda to push. This is about the perception that a Magic the Gathering tournament is a safe place to be. Not reality, but the perception. Is your local game store clean and welcoming? Great! Was the Grand Prix your favorite tournament organizer put together well-run and a great environment for tolerance? Good job! But that’s not the perception of a Magic tournament and therein lies the reality of why things like hateful hats and playmats are NOT fair game.
>>
>>50844553
>not firmly being in the blue square 100% of the time, leaning towards the upper left.
>>
>>50844398
>So they told Zach "the Rapist" Jesse to fuck off and never come back.
No, they told him to come harass kids in 30 years when his suspension expires. Because apparently this totally-not-pandering-to-the-SJWs decision to avoid legal liability stops being a concern in the future? Just like how it doesn't apply to every single other Magic player with a conviction?
>>
>>50844545
Trump doesn't seem to care much about the queers, and the Republicans in general are probably willing to let that one go because the public has more or less spoken on the issue. If they're smart they'll just appoint some people super obsessed with the 2nd amendment.
>>
>>50844585
>things like hateful hats and playmats are NOT fair game.
this. is. an. opinion. statement.

this isn't your tranny friends being harassed about copping a feel. this isn't about some sex offender probably jacking it under the table to you.

you're trying to tell people they can't wear something that is not actually offensive. just because you find it offensive doesn't mean it is offensive.

I swear to fuck, if I ever find a melodramatic cunt like you playing magic, I will make sure to call out everything that isn't a monocolored playmat, sleeve, deckbox, or shirt as "offensive", just so you can experience what it's like to be harassed by frivolous SJW cuntery
>>
File: may may face.jpg (21KB, 300x314px) Image search: [Google]
may may face.jpg
21KB, 300x314px
>>50844605
>thinking magic will exist in 30 years
>>
>>50844519
>there is a common sentiment that, in general "the freer the market is always better"
How I wish I was an American...
>>
>>50844588
I can't help it m8 I drank the liberty kool-aid and I default downwards unless I'm angry.
>>
File: carl the cuck.png (230KB, 313x321px) Image search: [Google]
carl the cuck.png
230KB, 313x321px
>>50844585
>hateful hats
I never thought I'd see the day where liberals think advocating for the improvement of their own country is hateful.
>>
>>50844588
>leaning towards the upper left.
Hi /pol/. Follow your leader.
>>
>>50844553
I've been wondering for a while what this habit is called, but I've noticed that lolbertarian types tend to "snap" at some point and turn into fascists when they realize that nobody cares about freedumbs except them.

I'm thinkin of calling it the Two Minutes from Pinochet theory.
>>
>>50844614
>that is not actually offensive
Where's the line then? Is it fine if I show up straight after a KKK rally and didn't have time to change out of my dress?
>>
>>50839336
>Is it bullying

Having recently done a course on BHD (Bullying, Harassment and Discrimination) then the answer is;

"Investigate further and confirm"

Until then it's only speculation because you don't the feelings or intent of anyone in the situation.

Also - grow up, and chat with them and find.
>>
>>50844653
Where have you been the last almost 100 years?
>>
>>50844685
Just show them your FBI badge, they'll understand.
>>
File: 1381049508920.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1381049508920.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>50840205

>someone has manned up enough to get himself a name
>b...b...but you didn't ask him what his preferred name is

Get a load of this faggot.
>>
>>50839632
Łucja a cute.
>>
>>50844636
It's not a good thing, trust me.
In general, the freer the market the better, but it's not "always" better, and every situation should always be judged on its own rather than using platitudes.

>>50844654
Hitler was a Jew, why the hell would I follow a Jew.
>>
>>50844719
>but it's not "always" better, and every situation should always be judged on its own rather than using platitudes.
Name one single exception.

>why the hell would I follow a Jew.
Aren't you Christian?
>>
>>50844707

That was obvious baito desu
>>
File: 1482468967147.jpg (42KB, 300x766px) Image search: [Google]
1482468967147.jpg
42KB, 300x766px
>>50844673
>>
>>50844653
It's less the MAGA itself and more that the man behind it has this habit of saying shitty things, and wearing it is basically an implied admission that you are on some level a-ok with such charming messages as 'grab em by the pussy'

Or something like that anyway, I am not an expert on such things, but I have paid vague attention to assorted other nonexperts talking about stuff.
>>
>>50844653
>>50844685
>butthurt leftist is mad about MAGA hats
The funny thing is, in most cities that are liberal, anti-discrimination laws prevent storeowners from kicking you out because of the way you dress. Policy has to be clearly stated, and applied broadly to anyone who fits that criteria. You can't have a policy that says "no Trump hats". It has to be "no political apparel" or "no hats whatsoever". And the minute they let in a Bernie or someone with an OBEY hat, they've discriminated against you.

>Is it fine if I show up straight after a KKK rally and didn't have time to change out of my dress?
It depends on the state and their discrimination laws. Many states have expanded "religious/creed" to include political beliefs. This is the consequence of regulation. Other countries, like New Zealand, list political and ethical beliefs as protected classes.
>>
>>50844734
>Name one single exception.
Space exploration.
Long term scientific research.
Military.
Police.
Law.

>Aren't you Christian?
No, I'm an atheist.
>>
>>50844742
>prohibit trade unions
Nope. They are fine as long as they aren't statist.
>>
>>50844767
So you are personally associating the hat with a person, and then personally associating comments to represent the worldviews of people wearing said hat.

It's amazing how you don't see the problem with this. It would be like assuming all gay people are degenerates who parade down the street in leather with dildos, because they have a rainbow flag or pin.
>>
>>50844783
If you're going to allow trade unions, go full tilt and let guilds come back.
>>
>>50844780
>Many states have expanded "religious/creed" to include political beliefs. This is the consequence of regulation.
If that was true bakers wouldn't be forced to bake pro-gay marriage cakes.
>>
>>50844783
Alright alright Friedman we get it, just keep the helicopters coming.
>>
>>50844818
Guilds sound cooler anyways. Being a union member makes you sound like a faggot.

"I'm a Journeyman of the Electrician's Guild." Now that's some fedora-tipping introduction worthy of a fa/tg/uy.
>>
>>50844781
>Space exploration.
Waste of money.
>Long term scientific research.
Only costly because of big govt IP law.
>Military.
What are mercenaries?
>Police.
What is private law enforcement?
>Law.
What are private tribunals?
>>
>>50840861
This, tbqh familia.
>>
>>50844824
This just shows how ignorant you are on the topic.

Not baking a gay cake = discrimination against gays. Courts have ruled that you cannot use your personal beliefs to deny someone patronage based on their protected classes.

The voluntary decision is you being in business. Don't want to bake gay cakes? Don't want to sell pokemon cards to guys in MAGA hats? "Don't open a business" is the legal answer.
>>
>>50844824
Was it even pro-gay, or just for a gay couple?
>>
>>50844841
>Waste of money.
Son you best be joking right now.
>Only costly because of big govt IP law.
It's costly because any commercial benefits won't be seen for decades or more.
>What are mercenaries?
A regression in civilization.
>What is private law enforcement?
>What are private tribunals?
>>
>>50844841
Look, I hate the government as much as the next guy, but I'm not 100% on the claim that a privatized military would be more effective.

A large part of troops' effectiveness is their loyalty after all, and loyalty to the dollar is not the right kind.
>>
>>50844875
>A large part of troops' effectiveness is their loyalty after all, and loyalty to the dollar is not the right kind.
You haven't been in the US Military and have no experience with them whatsoever.

The chief punishment for violations of the UCMJ is a reduction in pay. People are discharged for winning or inheriting large sums of money, because the military loses their method of instilling obedience over the servicemember.
>>
>>50844867
>Not baking a gay cake = discrimination against gays. Courts have ruled that you cannot use your personal beliefs to deny someone patronage based on their protected classes.
See below.

>>50844871
>Was it even pro-gay, or just for a gay couple?
The former! It was a cake supporting gay marriage, where it isn't currently legal. It's a cake expressing a political view. Irrespective of the people ordering it.
>>
>>50844898
Did not know that. That's funny as fuck.
>>
>>50844811
>comparing a message spawned by a single person to a message agreed upon by many.

I mean, if you can show that the rainbow flag was decided on solely by gimps, you might have a point.
>>
>>50844873
>A regression in civilization.
tl;dr I don't like it

This is exactly the same buzzword "progressives" use, by the way.
>>
>>50844914
If you can show Make America Great Again was decided on solely by racists, you might have a point.

Good luck, it was coined in the 80s
>>
>>50844902
Again, you're failing reading comprehension.

A business cannot deny a customer.

A customer cannot be denied by a business.

Your example is only supporting my points.
>>
>>50844930
>>A regression in civilization.
>tl;dr I don't like it
>This is exactly the same buzzword "progressives" use, by the way.

The problem with letting private entities run things like law enforcement is that 99% of them are going to be in it for the money, which is a terrible system for everyone who isn't rich enough to buy their way out of it.
>>
>>50844949
>A business cannot deny a customer.
Serfdom then.
>>
>>50844914
>>50844936
Yet the Confederate flag is being torn down.
>>
>>50844913
Yep! The military is effectively a mercenary company, albeit with enforced contracts. That's really the only difference between public and private, the ability to enforce.

>Additional Duty
You're working more days for the same amount of pay, devaluing your $/hour.

>1-3 Month Reduction in Pay
Exactly what it says on the tin.

>Demotion
A permanent reduction on pay, as rank is tied to pay. Promotions = Raises.

>Imprisonment
You forfeit pay during your period of confinement. You're still in the military during this time.

>Discharge
Well... you're fired, lol.
>>
>>50844930
It's not a buzzword, it's objective fact. What you propose is literally analogous to a regression through human developmental history, from the nation-state, to the city-state, to the "village", and even further to just the individual.
>>
>>50844963
No. It's business law, and a contract made with the city. You voluntarily agreed to subject yourself to these laws. You could have remained an unlicensed business, operating on commission.
>>
>>50844961
>is that 99% of them are going to be in it for the money
Just like 100% of current statist law enforcement officers!
>>
>>50845026
>a contract made with the city
Statists love saying this, yet there's no option to chose not to pay tax instead of paying for participation in govt handout programs.
>>
>>50845036
But the system behind them isn't.
>>
>>50845036
>there isn't a single policeman or soldier who serves out of duty or love for his nation
Let me guess, sovcit? Do not consent and all that?
>>
>>50845053
I think you're not reading my posts at all. I'm not talking about social contract theory.

I'm talking about how a business license actually works. Please read the entire post if you're going to reply.
>>
>>50845053
>Statists love saying this, yet there's no option to chose not to pay tax instead of paying for participation in govt handout programs.
There is; you can simply not live in the state's territory. Tax is the rent you pay for being there.

>inb4 but everywhere is controlled by some state or nation!
That's not the problem of any one state or nation; they're under no obligation to provide your kind with something like a nature preserve where you can pursue a taxless existence.
>>
>>50840401
i hope this is bait.
Please end your own life
>>
File: IMG_1043.jpg (337KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1043.jpg
337KB, 1000x1200px
>>
>>50843706
>He thinks posting le not an argument meme = "finding someone out"

Leave
>>
>>50839336
>Giving someone a nickname is wrong
No Anon, it is not.
>>
>>50843820
You are literally retarded. Enjoy watching Trump assfuck your country.
>>
Literal blog post thread

Sage and report, this isn't your fucking Facebook page
>>
>>50843846
I am too much of a pussy to wear one in public

Jealous
>>
>>50841799
>All anyone is asking is that you don't be an asshole and try to understand other people's feelings.
The greatest hypocrisy of all. You're telling people to understand the feelings of others while disregarding the feelings of the very person you're talking to.
>>
>>50840205
That some don't see tge obvious trolling of this post is what really disturbes me.
>>
>>50845351
I'm sorry you dislike being told to act like a fucking adult.
>>
>>50845391
Petty insults, the greatest weapon of the left. Protip, just because you're the one saying someone else isn't acting like an adult doesn't actually mean that they're not acting like an adult and that you somehow are. If anything the opposite is true.
>>
>>50845416
Why do you defend a party that literally sat holding their breath until the government had to shut down because they weren't getting their way?
>>
>>50839615
You are literally autistic. Nike as in the company, the goddess, the fucking pic in the OP!
>>
>>50845439
I'm not defending anything. What the fuck are you talking about? Do you even know? Are you just lashing out at nothing?
>>
File: IMG_0417.jpg (609KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0417.jpg
609KB, 953x953px
>>50839713
>implying /pol/ is faggotry
>implying /tg/ is relevant
/pol/ is too busy changing international politics to care about your shit
>>
>>50845065
I'm sure there's a hundred or so.
>sovcit
I'm sorry, I don't speak /pol/ish
>>
>>50843532
Their wall isnt working fine, their wall is an atrocity and a violation of UN accords.
>>
>>50845514
Sovereign Citizens; They're to libertarians as libertarians are to normal people.

>>50845525
>atrocity
>UN accords
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>50844297
Amerika a functional society? HA! Its a fuctional country alright but your attitude towards your fellow countrymen is genrally pis poor. If you didnt all learn to sing to your flag in pre school like a bunch of nazi's you'd literally be at each others throats.
>>
>>50845653
>If you didnt all learn to sing to your flag in pre school like a bunch of nazi's you'd literally be at each others throats.

>dissing the pledge
>implying it's not just the inner urbfags who are sociopathic cunts
C I V I C
N A T I O N A L I S M
>>
>>50845728
I live in northwestern europe. My coubtry has very little nationalism, open borders, half socialist government and functions way better on a social level than the US. The amerifags always forget northwestern europe does so much better then them with systems they dispise.
>>
>>50842605
HoMM3 and Gothic? Im fine with that
>>
>>50845623
AHAHHAHA is not an argument. It only demonstrates your inability to take some one elses viewpoint seriously.
>>
>>50843360
He is an actual nutjob and a scammer
>>
>>50845525
their wall is forcing all entrants through security checkpoints. Isn't that the definition of working?
>>
>>50845774
>very little nationalism, open borders, half socialist government
Meanwhile, all we have at the Eastern end of the Old Continent is boiling hate against the refugees despite never actually seeing one in person and bloated kleptocracy for which political left and right are just labels to fool people with into believing they are not all in leagues with each other.

But enough talk, have at thee...
>>
>>50845774
You're either some irrelevant non-country, or you won't be functioning better for much longer.

>>50845788
Why should I take a silly viewpoint seriously? I take serious viewpoints serious, and non-serious viewpoints non-seriously.
>>
>>50843820
>Net neutrality is bad,
>right
Fuck me, you really are retarded.
>>
>>50845850
>Meanwhile, all we have at the Eastern end of the Old Continent is boiling hate against the refugees despite never actually seeing one in person

>you need to have cancer to know its bad
>you need to burn your hand to know it hurts

lmao
>>
>>50845853
not him, but from a technological standpoint, net neutrality is stupid. I *want* ISP's to prioritise certain packet types over others. every packet is not equal, and things like VOIP packets definitely need to be treated differently to others like FTP packets
>>
>>50845831
And they build the wall on land they dont own to bully another ethnic group. The actual stopping power of the wall is limited as demonstrated by the continiously found tunnels. It has also further divided the isrealites and palestines closing down a lot of social interaction and this makes the two groups less likely to find a peaceful solution.
>>
>>50845915
>The actual stopping power of the wall is limited as demonstrated by the continiously found tunnels.

>it's not 100% effective, therefor it's worthless
>>
File: 1481654280976.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1481654280976.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>50845389
It's happening a lot these days it seems. I don't know if it's people just being retarded and oblivious or people just wanting to get the last word in like an angry soccer mum on Facebook and just spout equal amount of verbal diarrhoea to try and get that sense of self-satisfaction only bitching at an anonymous person on the internet can provide. You'd think people could pick the bait these days.
>>
>>50845915
peaceful solution will occur when they finally found found a Palestinian state? Not that it's ever going to happen.
I find it hilarious that Taiwan is basically an independent country despite technically being a part of China, but the Palestinians ain't got shit
>>
>>50845945
The Taiwanese are people, Palestinians aren't.
>>
>>50845850
Which has nothing to do with tge socialism im talking about.
>>
>>50845945
There is a Palestinian state, it's called Jordan.
>>
>>50845945
If the Taiwanese kept on launching attacks at the mainland then I don't think that America would continue to protect it and China would immediately move in
>>
File: 1399064380266.jpg (425KB, 2550x2156px) Image search: [Google]
1399064380266.jpg
425KB, 2550x2156px
its a shot in the dark but i hope you all die

>>>/qa/906639
>>
>>50839336
Welcome to nicknames
>>
>>50845852
This is why everyone laughs at /pol/. You think you debate or something but you are just as blind and stubborn as those sjw's you like to hate.
>>
>>50843875
More like the Greater (You)nified Theory.
>>
>>50845998
>I accuse anyone who disagrees with me of being /pol/
That's why everyone laughs at SJWs
>>
>>50845981
To tell the palestines to fuck of to jordan is like telling the isrealites to fuck of to europe and amerika and wherever else tge zionists came from. You cant just tell people to leave their country because some book says some otger dudes should have it.
>>
>>50845910
Packet types is one thing, the issue was that ISPs were starting to try things like routing netflix through slower tubes because they didn't want to pay up.
>>
>>50845506
oh fuck off. You fucking memelord redditors are part of the reason /pol/ is such a shitty place nowadays. I want 2015 /pol/ back. I want us to go back to be a libertarian board instead of /b/ 3.0
>>
>>50846026
I dont mind him disagreeing you moron, dont twist my words. I mind he dismisses my argument because he thinks it silly and not to be taken serious therefore ending the discussion.
>>
>>50845998
I'm not pretending to debate, I'm not even starting a debate in the first place. I'm laughing at your beliefs and opinions because I think they're stupid; nothing more and nothing else.

>>50846062
>DUDE
>FREEDOM
>LMAO
Ron Paul is a cuck and so are you/
>>
>>50845957
And that is quite a retaded thing to say. You generalise an entire population as well as state something factually wrong.
>>
>>50846099
>the Taiwanese are asian
>the Palestinians are arab
>the former is people, the latter are not
Seems pretty cut and dry.
>>
>>50846026
>I accuse everyone who disagrees with me of being SJW
This is why everyone laughs at you /pol/
>>
>>50846095
Thank you for vasically admitting that I'm right about you and you're stupid.
>>
>>50845873
Well, I never said it was not justified assumption, the reasoning mostly goes that refugees are sort of gypsy2.0 and everyone already knows damn well what gypsy is.
>>
>>50846111
Yes. And wrong. Or do i need a doctor to explain that they are human?
>>
>>50839336
I dunno, ask him.

>We have an Arabic guy whose name is Kabir
>Everybody calls him Terry because that's what his friend always called him
>we found out months later his actual name, Terry was just short for terrorist

Some people can handle the bantz, others can't.
>>
>>50846138
Sure thing fampai, any time.

>>50846158
>all humans are people
kek
>>
>>50846073
When you make a broad statement like "their wall is an atrocity" then there's not really any way to continue a discussion from there. You are giving nothing to the conversation, but expecting anyone who responds to you to figure out what your argument is (besides "I don't like [thing]") and then post their own rebuttal.

People like you are far worse for any sort of discussion than the people who mock you retards
>>
>>50846185
>we found out months later his actual name, Terry was just short for terrorist
This is fucking gold.
>>
>>50845933
No but it isnt as usefull as advocatedand brings a host of other problems that make the peaceful solution of the conflikt more unreachable thus it is self defeating in a way.
>>
>>50839870
Because a t-shirt is a short-sleeved shirt, you moron.
>>
>>50846196
Can you read!? I gave a goddammn explanation supporting that statement which did add to the conversation.
>>
>>50846232
The vast majority of the "wall" is a fence or a series of fences that can be taken down without any sort of problem. If the "wall" was really the issue that prevented peace then it could be removed a lot easier than an attitude of antisemitism and terrorism that is really preventing peace.
>>
>>50846189
Not seeing all humans as people, baseline the same and relatable is where you go wrong. It is where all extremists go wrong. If you dont see each otger as even human it becomes easy to hate and to hurt one another. Not seeing one another as human makes YOU the most monstorous.
>>
>>50846291
My whole point is that the attitude is worsened by the wall. Now just removing it today might not be wise but wanting to export that kind of situation to the US certainly isnt either.
>>
>>50846295
Why should I see those who don't deserve the title as people?
Personhood is a privilege, not a right. Calling me a monster won't change the fact that many, many "people" aren't worthy of being called that.

>If you dont see each otger as even human it becomes easy to hate and to hurt one another.
Exactly, I don't see them as people because my hate against them is justified for what they are. You're acting like hating someone is some horrible, irredeemable crime.
Hate is quite often justified.
And, to be fair, I do see them as human. Just not people.
>>
>>50846329
"attitudes" are less important than results. I don't care if the wall will piss off Mexicans, because their attitudes and opinions don't matter on the issue.
>>
>>50846264
[citation needed]
Your "explanations" were either a) quantifiably false, so much so that I don't think even Hamas would argue or b) the UN agrees with me which is a) not even true since they never passed a resolution calling it an atrocity OR even illegal and b) shaky because the UN also passed accords saying that Israel's existence is racist
>>
>>50846344
Hate is almost always wrong. It is very human to hate i admit but it brings irrational emotional responses with it that make you unable to rationally deal with a situation which includes those you hate. Im okay if you hate the man who murdered your family, but you hate an entire group of people because most dont share some of your viewpoints and some of them are violent extremists. You will end up hating people tgat dont deserve it because your hate makes you blind.
>>
>>50846356
They actaully do as you are not alone in the world nor indepent.
>>
>>50846329
You could have gone and pointed out that Mexican-American relations are very markedly different than Israeli-Palestinian relations. I wouldn't have argued against that for even a second.

Or you could have argued that the problems on the Israeli border are completely different than the problems on the Mexican border. Again, I wouldn't have argued with that for even a second.

Or you could have argued that the geography and military situation on the Mexican border is completely different than the situation on the Israeli border. Again, that would have been 100% right and I wouldn't have argued with you for even a second.

But instead you argued that the fence has never worked and would never work.

That is fucking bullshit and damned right I will argue with you about that. A wall (or fence) to stop illegal immigration is fuckign stupid, but putting a fence to stop terrorist attacks is logical and effective.
>>
>>50844767
>'grab em by the pussy'
You don't think that was a metaphor and that he quite literally grabs a stranger's vagina? What do you think grabbing a bull by the horns means?
>>
>>50846361
>[citation needed]
You were able to quote me before so you read that post. Now read that entire post and string of replies. There you wilk find my argumentation. And we seem to have reached an impasse on what is factually true.
>>
>>50846418
Come on, at least go for the locker room talk defense.
>>
>>50846415
And it begets more terrorist attacks markedly decreasing its effectiveness.
>>
>>50846439
Im replying to myaelf here. Well, its 2:30 am here and i have a busy day tomorrow so I have to go unfortunatly. I hope you all keep am open mind and have fun in your future online shouting matches.
>>
>>50846418
He was talking about what he could get away with because he's famous. What do you think "grab 'em by the pussy" was a metaphor for? No, seriously, what do you think it could have metaphorically been about?

>>50846426
OK, if you think that it's factual that the fence didn't work then why are terrorism casualties lower in areas by the fence than in areas on the border without the fence? Why are Palestinian terrorists admitting that the fence is working? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX0akSss_uw
>>
>>50846439
I know that you're gone, but I'd like to see you FUCKING PROVE IT YOU FUCKIGN GERMAN RETARD
>>
>>50846526
>What do you think "grab 'em by the pussy" was a metaphor for?
Using women's desires against them, dumbass. Ever heard the saying about having someone by the balls?
>>
>>50846570
Have you actually heard or read the quote?

[Trump:] "I'm automatically attracted to beautiful [women]—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything
[Billy Bush:] "Whatever you want
[Trump:] "Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."
>>
File: 1444510725482.jpg (66KB, 399x399px) Image search: [Google]
1444510725482.jpg
66KB, 399x399px
>>50841944

>Read their other articles after the election

Thanks anon, I needed this laugh. The one that says that every white man in the MtG community is a neo-nazi straight out of American History X was particularly joyful.
>>
>>50845988
Hey there kiddo! You must be age 18 or older to browse this website. Cease to access it at once or you'll be violating the rules!
>>
File: 1456866346019.jpg (117KB, 940x690px) Image search: [Google]
1456866346019.jpg
117KB, 940x690px
>>50843836
I am a racist. Having preexisting opinions on people because of their race is pretty a reasonable thing when bio-diversity and race has been shown time and time again to have proven statistic differences.
>>
>>50846570
Ahaha I like how you guys just spin everything into being how you want to believe it and ignore reality.
I hope you aren't the AnCap Trump supporter from earlier, I'd fear for your brain even more so.
>>
BOO!
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.