[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay I understand there are rogue traders in W40k but what about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Okay I understand there are rogue traders in W40k but what about corporations?

Do they have fast food chains, supermarkets, satellite TV/Vox services and the like in the Imperium of Man?
>>
Yes there are fast food chains, there is one that sells grox burgers. Most places dont have anything resembling tv but do have vox broadcasting and music. Some planets have holo vids, the more advanced ones of course.

They do have internet although i think it is a primarily mechanicus thing. Its called the noosphere and basically can be accessed wirelessly. They do have venders and markets not sure about super markets though.

But basically they do have a lot of the modern amenities.
>>
>>50837532
Pages 312-315 of the Dark Heresy Corbe Rulebook (1st edition) go over this. They function similarly to modern-day corporations, but with a stronger emphasis on family and tradition, as the people who run these corporations hail from families that have been doing this sort of thing for hundreds, if not thousands of years.
>>
>>50837532

None of those things are edgy or grimstupid enough, so I'd figure "No" in the current state of the lore. If they do exist they're probably the most depressing things possible, resembling even-less-glamorous North Korean institutions. The codexes and everything to try and drive it into your mind that the world of 40k is as shitty as possible, and that death is often desirable since everything and it's mother will kill you and then torture your soul for eternity, so "comfort" is probably a completely alien concept.
>>
>>50837532
Depends on the planet, but yeah usually. They're a little more regressive than real world ones, more family based and tribal, but still recognizable. Depending on the part of the galaxy, they're either restricted to single planets or spanning multiple.

They're not that powerful though, because the Imperium is ultimately feudal and they would have to bend over for planetary governors and the like.
>>
>>50837929
>Most places dont have anything resembling tv
Cheap, schlocky serial movies full of propaganda seem more the Imperium's speed anyway.
>WITNESS SLY MARBO - IN: LAST BLOOD, PART IX: LET NONE SURVIVE! THRILL TO UNIQUE ADVENTURES AS MARBO ESCAPES THE SLAVE-SACRIFICE PITS OF THE CILE TAU! BE AMAZED AS HE DEFEATS THEIR CORRUPT PRIEST-CASTE! BE HUMBLE, FOR ONE DAY YOU MIGHT SERVE THE EMPEROR AS HE DOES!
>>
>>50837929
>Most places dont have anything resembling tv
But they do. It's just heavily monitored for heretical/seditious content. It's mainly used as a propaganda tool to show how good the Imperium is.

"Would you like to know more?"
>>
File: 1463094149927.jpg (24KB, 480x516px) Image search: [Google]
1463094149927.jpg
24KB, 480x516px
>>50840173
>everything is a cannon action movie
>>
>>50837929
>noosphere
Get out of here stalker.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.