[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good system to use to run a GATE-style game? Basically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 57

File: best protag ever.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
best protag ever.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
What's a good system to use to run a GATE-style game?

Basically a multi-national group of soldiers fixing problems on the other side of the Gate

I need something with supernatural powers, modern weapons and some template or kit that clearly makes the JSDF the best option without making it too powerful.
Some players might want to play Chinese, American or Russian soldiers and I wouldn't want them to be punished for picking the weaker option.
>>
GURPS 4th Basic Set
GURPS 4th High-Tech
GURPS 4th Fantasy

Also GURPS Banestorm is pretty much a done deal setting with people from Earth randomly getting transported to fantasy Yrth.

All you need to do is basically have one of the countries in Yrth figure out how to use dimensional science/magic and... you know the rest.
>>
>le Gurps
>>
>>50836196
As I understand it, you're looking at a system that does gunfights well, with the option for magic powers.
I suggest GURPS, Unknown Armies or Dark Heresy (gotta need a lot of paint with the last one). Maybe Shadowrun if you have a previous experience with the system.

>I need something with some template or kit that clearly makes the JSDF the best option without making it too powerful.
Good luck with that. Modern military rpgs are rare enough without looking for fancy things like that.
I'd make it a matter of support and forces in presence rather than kit.
>>
File: SHAMEFURDISPRAY.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
SHAMEFURDISPRAY.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>50836196
>multi-national
>GATE-style
>>
File: g2_160714-bect1.jpg (188KB, 1500x999px) Image search: [Google]
g2_160714-bect1.jpg
188KB, 1500x999px
>>50836196
So OP, when are the UK gonna show up and completely BTFO the JSDF with their superior combination of SAS and Gurkha soldiers? Destroying yamato damashii in a storm of Kukris and bayonet rushes.

Need to teach them who the superior island nation is, and that no matter how hard Japan tries it will never be an Empire crossing entire worlds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kteDaDWRGB8
>>
>>50837041
Japan was an Empire though and saw itself as the Asian Britain who took notes from when building their navy and nation Pre-WWII and who they had good bonds with.

Now its no longer an empire just like the Brits.
>>
>>50837073
Even at its best Japan's territory was a pale yellow imitation of the actual British Empire. Plus being Japanese they were too busy eating people and committing random atrocities to get any proper imperialism done.
>>
>>50837041
>gets BTFO by baby America
>superior

Japan threatened super-nation America on it's own foolish gaijin.

And unlike western nations, never committed war crimes.
>>
Savage world would probably do very well it has modern weaponry from hand guns to tanks but also has magic and race options
>>
File: KF.gif (2MB, 310x191px) Image search: [Google]
KF.gif
2MB, 310x191px
>>50837119
Got a war crime for you right here
>>
>>50837125
This.
Get Modern Ops and the Fantasy Companion, go nuts.
>>
>>50837089
>Even at it's best Japan was a imitation of the British Empire.
I personally do not care that much for the history of Japan, but you are shitposting/trolling me aren't you.

Japan after it's reformation took notes from several European powers the most influential ones for their Army/Government were the Prussians and French, their constitution was mostly influenced by Prussia, while their navy was inspired from the British. The way they governed their territories and conquered them was with appointed officials from the Emperor unless it was militarily occupied.

It was far from an imitation of the British Empire in any way.

>Plus being Japanese they were too busy eating people and committing random atrocities to get any proper imperialism.

How fucking retarded are you in the history department? Or do you only know about WWII and the actions of certain parts of the IJA?

>>50837119
>Never committed war crimes

Japan committed war crimes dude.
>>
>>50837119
>Japan threatened super-nation America on it's own foolish gaijin
HA HA HA

Japan had to resort to guerrilla-ish tactics when they were being owned in their home turf. They would never have been able to carry out an invasion of the American continent

t. European.
>>
>>50836196

MAID.
>>
>>50837185

Not that they wanted to. At the very best they toyed veeeeeery loosely on the idea of some operations in the Hawaii.
>>
File: B195IHhIUAAqoso.jpg (41KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
B195IHhIUAAqoso.jpg
41KB, 600x600px
>>50837166
Now now, settle down and eat your hamburgers Nanashi
>>
>>50837206
I'm an American though.
>>
>>50836196
Dark Heresy, hands down.
>>
>>50837288
(or Only War or one of the other iterations of essentially the same game)
>>
>>50836196
You don't need a system to wank about weapons and fap to waifus.
>>
>>50837166
>Japan committed war crimes dude.
uh huh

Got any that aren't made up chinese/korean or western propapanda fabricated to make Japan look bad?

Yeah, didn't think so.
>>
Isn't the guy who made this series just some boot otaku wannabe-toughguy self-inserting through the protagonist to live out all his lamest nationalistic otaku fantasies?

And the manga/anime version is actually TONED DOWN from how rightwing bullshit the original story he wrote was?
>>
>>50837722
just like every 'america wins everything freedom eagles only good guys in the world' war movie ever, yes.
>>
>>50837831
The difference is the Americans actually have something to back it up with, Japanese nationalism is the most laughable thing ever. Its like a guy with a needledick screaming he's a sex bomb to all the chicks.
>>
>>50837831

There's a few (Michael Bay) movies that are like that, but most American movies really aren't all that bad (perhaps because so many of them actually are anti-war).

Also, US can actually back up their bullshit, which does make it slightly less cringey than when some Nipponese rightwinger that's buttblasted about Korea starts barking.
>>
File: GURPS.png (1MB, 825x555px) Image search: [Google]
GURPS.png
1MB, 825x555px
>>50836196

It would be impossible to balance JSDF with the US because they use the exact same equipment. It's like trying to balance the 201st infantry division of NATO with the 202nd when by definition they're supposed to be the same - to get the desired result, you'd have to take the anime route and give Americans -6 intelligence.

Also, GURPS is made for this.
>>
>>50837166

It doesn't count against Chinese people. The Chinese practically threw their citizens away in the millions without giving a fuck in the Great Leap Forward, so I'm quite sure they don't care if they die.
>>
>>50837831
I'm not american nor japanese, and Gate is easily in the top ten of the most cringeworthy wank settings I've encountered.

It's good if you want to see the JSDF kick fantasy and US ass and reap monstergirls like there's no tomorrow. But if you want a setting about the confrontation of two realities and their interactions following the clash, it's an abject failure.
I don't care that much about the JSDF and I masturbated before reading it, so I didn't like that story.
>>
File: Bataan_death_march.jpg (49KB, 485x349px) Image search: [Google]
Bataan_death_march.jpg
49KB, 485x349px
>>50837691
>>50838032

ERHM. (And you can't deny it because the Japanese gov. officially acknowledged it.)
>>
>>50838130
>politicians made an apology about something for political points

Is not proof
>>
I commend your respect of the source material, OP, but why would you want to make the other modern soldiers inferior?

>>50837691
Execution of Vichy officials in Indochina?
I doubt the french government went through the effort of retrieving the corpses and decapitating them just to make Japan looks bad, when they had a lot of more urgent issues at hand.
>>
>>50837861
Muh glorious Nipponese nation doesn't really work when you remember that:
>most of their culture is copied from koreans who in turn copied from chinese
>tried to invade korea in 16th century and got their asses kicked by bunch of korean guerillas and chinese conscripts and most of their navy destroyed by one korean admiral
>tried to create a proper empire during late 19th-early 20th century only for it to collapse as soon as they had to fight against a modern great power instead of nations that were either already crippled or nearing collapse
>their economy has been in shitter for quarter of the century with no improvements in sight
>>
>>50838407
Don't forget the cultural difficulties, such as salarymen working themselves to death and the male and females struggling to interact with each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVMm-Cm6y3g
>>
Phoenix Command mixed with rhand morninstar missions.
Phoenix command has the weapons, their early rpg called rhand morningstar mission have the magic system.
I actually played a one battle using phoenix command and a pathfinder wizard.

I was actually a isis fighter , battling aggainst a lvl 1 pathfinder wizard.

I used mythic solo dm, and I (isis ) won.
>>
>>50837119
>Never committed war crimes
Best be bait
>>
>>50837119
Now this is some quality bait right there; can't tell if actually retarded or trying hard.
>>
>>50837119
>And unlike western nations, never committed war crimes.

Firstly, the nips brought the nukes upon themselves. Secondly, the swift ending of the war kept the ruskies from getting their commie mitts on Japan, letting it rebuild as a self-governing nation rather than a bankrupt red hellhole. Thirdly, the gooks were not angels, and they did commit war crimes. Let's not forget the "comfort stations" in the Philippines where Japanese troops repeatedly raped sex slaves. Their mistreatment of American POWs as many of them died of starvation, overwork, and illness while occasionally being tortured becasue the gooks thought surrender was "dishonoraboo".

Source for rape houses
>https://academic.udayton.edu/race/06hrights/GeoRegions/Asia/Japan01.htm

And prisoners
>http://hellfire-pass.commemoration.gov.au/the-enemy/treatment-of-prisoners.php

It has a Wikipedia page for Christ's sake
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes
>>
>>50838559
>it has a wikipedia so it must be true!

In order:

>Japan deserved nukes
Nice justification from the only country to ever actually nuke someone.

Russia had China to deal with - by the time they had, Japanese military would be ready for them.

Exaggeration - yes the Imperial Army had sex workers - paid sex workers. Just like every other army since forever.

Prisoners generally got shitty treatment, the Empire didn't treat its prisoners any worse than the Germans or Russians did, or the Americans.
>>
File: 1390394788131.png (15KB, 336x328px) Image search: [Google]
1390394788131.png
15KB, 336x328px
>>50838720
>literally tortured for sport and beheaded
>b-but the Americans and Russians are just as bad
Tu Quoque, We're talking about Japan.
>yeah, they had sex slaves, but it's no biggie.
Did you even read the sources?
>Tomasa Salinog remembers her rape at thirteen and her initiation into Imperial Japan's system of 'comfort stations.' Japanese soldiers burst into her home in the middle of the night, soon after the Japanese invasion of the Philippines in 1942. They decapitated her father and removed her to a garrison where two soldiers raped her and then beat her unconscious. After this initiation, she served as a 'comfort woman' in the garrison, used by Japanese soldiers from the afternoon until late into the night, her body priced in blocks of time allocated to each soldier.
Yeah, seems real defensible.

God, I fucking hate weaboos.
>>
File: Ernie.jpg (81KB, 735x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ernie.jpg
81KB, 735x600px
>This thread
>>
File: [blood god intensifies].gif (260KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
[blood god intensifies].gif
260KB, 250x250px
>GATE

I fucking hate you and I hope everyone you care for fucking dies horribly, and you will grow old so you'll suffer your entire life.
>>
File: 948012_1.jpg (107KB, 972x706px) Image search: [Google]
948012_1.jpg
107KB, 972x706px
>>50836196
Run it as a UN Peacekeeping mission

I want and some day I will run/play GATE with UN troops
>>
>>50838794
>literally tortured for sport and beheaded
Don't forget eaten for shits and giggles.
>>
>>50838798
To be fair its alot better than actually talking about Gate, or Goblin Slayer/Worms that people also like to spam threads of
>>
>>50838798
>3rd

Tbh Fat Man being used against Kyoto would had been more than enough but no, weaboos in US government had to go and stop that from happening.
>>
>>50838720
>>Nice justification from the only country to ever actually nuke someone.
Nice apologism it is here, I love how you forget that the military planned to give the civilians sharpened baboo sticks to attack the US soldiers on their landing zone

>>Russia had China to deal with - by the time they had, Japanese military would be ready for them.
Dude, the USSR overrun the Japanese on Manchuria with such easiness it was funny and China only got its shit back together after the war.

>>Exaggeration - yes the Imperial Army had sex workers - paid sex workers. Just like every other army since forever.
NO they were not, almost all were kidnapped and raped by the japanese soldiers.

>>Prisoners generally got shitty treatment, the Empire didn't treat its prisoners any worse than the Germans or Russians did, or the Americans.
Nice apologism, I don't remember any hellships or death marches thanks to US soldiers.

Also kind of funny you forget the Rape of Nanking and the Punitive Massacres after the Tokyo Raid and Unit 731 would also like to have a word with you.

So yeah, you know shit for history.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crimes#Cannibalism
I was going to ad a anime pic featuring cannibalism, but then I realized that was in bad taste,,,
>>
>>50838720
USA didn't have sexworkers. They didn't want it when proposed so they raped the french woman. At least the fiancee didn't heard about the rape like they would have if it was prostitution.
>>
File: hory shittu.gif (981KB, 1064x589px) Image search: [Google]
hory shittu.gif
981KB, 1064x589px
>>
So, Tojo reincarnated in a /tg/ shitposter?
>>
>>50838882
Its hilarious that the west didn't have cannibalism as a war crime in the law books because it wasn't necessary before the fucking Japs got involved
>>
>>50838909
War crimes were pretty much the only area where Japanese successfully invented new things.
>>
>>50836196
Punish. Punish them hard. Jews should be the elves.
>>
>>50838944
calm down hitler
>>
>>50838909
aaaah nihon, not having a silly cultural taboo against eating other people like us filthy barbaric gaijin, it is no wonder they have never lost a war and got nuked,,, twice
>>
>>50838873
>Nice apologism it is here, I love how you forget that the military planned to give the civilians sharpened baboo sticks to attack the US soldiers on their landing zone

You do realise that your statement there is excellent evidence to show that at the very least the second nuke on Nagasaki wasn't needed?

Japan was already on its last legs. The US military could easily have waltzed in there with minimal casualties. Fanaticism is useless without proper weapons.

Of course, you can limit casualties, save time, test out your new weapon and above all SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF STALIN, with only one or two bombs. Because that - that was the primary reason for dropping the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Those two nukes were the opening shots of the Cold War.
>>
>>50838988
>The US military could easily have waltzed in there with minimal casualties
Nice non-sequitur, faggot.
Again, you know nothing about WWII. It was projected that more Jap civilians and a hell of a lot more American troops would have died in an invasion of Japan.

Again, source
>http://www.forbes.com/sites/henrymiller/2012/08/01/the-nuking-of-japan-was-a-tactical-and-moral-imperative/#447b0f704881
>>
>>50838988
Fanaticism is useless without proper weapons,

need you be reminded of a little conflict in a country called Vietnam
>>
I'm sure OP is proud of you all
>>
>>50839064
I remember Vietnam did pretty well.
>>
>>50839051
>forbes

Oh yeah, that's a good academic source.

>>50839064
The Vietnamese got FUCKLOADS of weapons from China. Japan was completely isolated.
>>
File: btsp1[1].jpg (432KB, 650x816px) Image search: [Google]
btsp1[1].jpg
432KB, 650x816px
>>50838814
Apprently a couple french comic authors are working on something similar. One of them did Womoks, a great humorous military sci-fi series, so I'm pretty hyped.

Dumping a few pics.
>>
File: wake-island-3[2].jpg (143KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
wake-island-3[2].jpg
143KB, 800x533px
>>50838130
Don't forget they also found the graves of the executed PoW soldiers and civilians on Wake.
>>
File: btsp2[1].jpg (536KB, 650x1083px) Image search: [Google]
btsp2[1].jpg
536KB, 650x1083px
>>50839134
>>
>>50839109
actually they got fuckloads of weapons from Russia, the Chinese were suppose to deliver the aforementioned fuckload, the Chinese then thought that's some good hardware, and stole most of it. to this day Vietnam is still pissed about it
>>
>>50839109
>Oh yeah, that's a good academic source.

Not an argument.
>>
File: btsp3[1].jpg (482KB, 650x1195px) Image search: [Google]
btsp3[1].jpg
482KB, 650x1195px
>>50839149
>>
>>
>>50839134
>>50839149
Nice.
Name ?
>>
File: btsp5[1].jpg (518KB, 650x846px) Image search: [Google]
btsp5[1].jpg
518KB, 650x846px
>>50839164
>>
>>50839161
Yes it is.

Journalists are notoriously bad at handling academic subjects.
>>
>>50838873
>You do realise that your statement there is excellent evidence to show that at the very least the second nuke on Nagasaki wasn't needed?
This is gonna be good

>Japan was already on its last legs.
Ok, yes ... and the Japanese still refused to surrender this would either had ended with an invasion of Japan with a shitload of casualties for everybody or economical strangulation of Japan with the death of thousands of Japanese civilians thanks to lack of food.

>The US military could easily have waltzed in there with minimal casualties.
Haha, nope. The purple hearts made for the campaign haven't run off.

>test out your new weapon and above all SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF STALIN
Stalin already had a shiton of spies inseted on the Mahattan Project so he knew the US was cooking up something big. The USSR still buttfucked the Japanese out of Manchuria, the Sakalins and Kuriles after the first (and later second bomb) was dropped.

SO yeah, you still don't know history and I'm not even a historian.
>>
>>50839134
>>50839149
Neato, One of the issues that I have with GATE is that whatever conflict appears is easily solved by the superior firepower of the Japanese.
That is why I find more interesting for a game to be about Peacekeepers because it will deal with situations that won't be solved only by shooting, such as the deal with the scorched earth tactics used by the Emperor and dealing with its consequences

also, video related https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtegUGSK1bg
>>
>>50839224
The Americans foolishly miscalculated Japanese culturally ingrained bluffing as actual combat strength. HURR DURR DA PURPUL HEARTZ. Fuck off. In hindsight, it quickly became clear the US military could have easily bulldozered right over Japan in an invasion that would make the Western front look like a horrifying WW1 meatgrinder in comparison.

And Stalin? Spies inserted in the Manhattan Project before the nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki? Are you retarded? Hahahahaha.
>>
File: aquablue16[1].jpg (636KB, 650x888px) Image search: [Google]
aquablue16[1].jpg
636KB, 650x888px
>>50839172
Reno.
He worked as an artist on Womoks, Valamon and Aquablue.
Here's his blog, with lot of pics:
http://reno-pixellu.com/blog/
>>
>>50839249
Old blog post from another french comic author (translated), about a proacted war between fantasy and modern world.

http://english.bouletcorp.com/2009/04/24/war-of-the-worlds/
>>
>>50839249
And the fact the only things that could threaten them and their SUPERIOR YAMATO TACTICOOL DAMASHII (FOLDED 1000 TIMES) are perfect superhuman cliche waifus that happen to be wearing literal Japanese nerd fashions that instantly join and aid the JSDF just because
>>
>>50839255
combat strength no, willingness to die just to take some invaders down more like it, this was the country that invented suicide-bomb planes, or have you already pronounced them a US propaganda piece??
>>
>>50839304
Who the fuck cares about their willingness to die?

You can't fight a modern army with bamboo sticks and an empty belly.
>>
>>50839316
What if you sneak up on the invaders and eat them
>>
>>50839324
What? With a katana forged 10000000 times that can cut right through a Sherman tank?
>>
File: steelsit01.jpg (256KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
steelsit01.jpg
256KB, 1024x683px
>>50839297
Itami's squad was more interesting than the waifu harem
>>
>>50839208
What you were doing is called "deflection", turning the conversation away from a central point to avoid talking about it. If you're SO sure that the nukes killed more people than a ground invasion, why don't you prove it yourself, you gook-loving weeb. Provide some credible sources.
>>
>>50839297
Missed opportunity, really
>Sir, we're getting slaughtered by what appears to be a gothic lolita.
>Be more precise lieutenant! Kuro, Guro, or Witch?
>Gothic lolita a shit. A SHIT!
>Clear the channel, Kobayashi. This doesn't concern you.
>>
>>50839316
and mass produced grenades, the japs were making fuck loads of grenades in preparation for the invasion, many of which were used by the organized crime after the war ended, literal gang war,, but you are just going to say that suicidal people with explosives simply are not a threat to soldiers lives and wellbeing,,, right?
>>
>>50839406
Japan didn do nuthin they waz just taken they're righful cley
>>
File: Tnzs7QV.png (96KB, 1044x5542px) Image search: [Google]
Tnzs7QV.png
96KB, 1044x5542px
>>50839444
Did someone say Clay?
>>
>>50839383
I'm not saying the nukes killed more people than a ground invasion.

I'm saying that the nukes were excessive force. Even today, there are still people dying due to cancer from the fallout of those nukes, and there are people with defects caused by the contamination of their parents.

That's unnecessary collateral damage inflicted on generations that were born long after the war was over.

If the USA had just invaded Japan, a fuckload of Japanese people would have died, but all those deaths would remain confined within the time period of WW2.

Unlike the nukes, which are still slowly killing people to this day.
>>
>>50839728
>Unlike the nukes, which are still slowly killing people to this day.
And yet the Japanese are still killing their nation off faster by not procreating.
>>
>>50839728
Slowly killing fewer people than would have died in the American (and Russian most likely) invasions. Particularly since Japan was already telling its civilians to commit suicide before the invaders show up.

It also made a point about the effectiveness of this new weapon before it could be used in later wars.
>>
>>50839224
The nukes were exactly used to deter any russian invasion of the japanese islands. The russians did not yet have nukes, but a hugely superior army.

The official reason "muh losses" was bullshit for the masses.
>>
>>50839786
Japan was about to surrender, just not unconditional.
Tojo whose idea was that bullshit "kill yourself for Japan" was losing support rapitly.
>>
>>50838548
Definitely trying hard. The "foolish gaijin" gives it away. A better, more subtle, bait would have been something like this:

>Japan nearly defeated America in WW2.
>Unlike western nations, Japan knows the value and strength of total war.
>>
>>50838407
>tried to create a proper empire during late 19th-early 20th century only for it to collapse as soon as they had to fight against a modern great power instead of nations that were either already crippled or nearing collapse
I think it settles it.
Tushima was caused mostly by Brits refusing Russian navy to pass through Suez so fleet arrived in bad condition after Pacific Fleet already lost. Also Russian admiral was idiot that was thinking he is going to fight against savages in boats made of shit and sticks.
On land it is hard to loose against opponent that have supply basses at opposite side of Eurasia.

Latter when Soviet Union finished their rail and could supply they troops they have absolutely stomped Japs at Khalkhin-Gol.
They won against Brits, when most of RN was recalled into European theatre, or French after France collapsed.
Their best performance was surprise attack at Pearl Harbor, after this it is spanking from US navy till the end of the war and muh faith in Emperor in another pointless unwinnable battle.
IJA's soldier best ability was to die gloriously in the name of the Emperor.
>>
>>50838814
>mfw I'm in a campaign like this
>mfw accidentally married an elf(male)
>mfw going along with it because >french
>>
>>50840097
and the US should have negotiated why?

remember the official reply to the first nuking was, we don't think you have any more of those things,
>>
File: 1469733821558.png (994KB, 640x836px) Image search: [Google]
1469733821558.png
994KB, 640x836px
>>50837119
>>
>>50840278
>and the US should have negotiated why?

So that one of the biggest war criminals of 20th century would had been allowed to continue ruling as a living god.
>>
File: 1468550603053.jpg (52KB, 419x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468550603053.jpg
52KB, 419x480px
>>50838407
I haven't seen this many sick bombs dropped since the Enola Gay.
>>
>>50840264
Tsushima stops being that impressive when you remember that the Baltic Fleet managed to lose an engagement against a British fishing boat.
>>
>>50839353
>What? With a katana forged 10000000 times that can cut right through a Sherman tank?
You don't need to cut sherman tank, you wait till it starts to burn by design flaw.
Or you could cut it with paper knife. Most shit tank of WWII.
Glorious panther > good enough T34 >>> shit tier tanks > Sherman Tanks
>>
>You now remember that the United States is the only major WWII participant to not have their capital bombed or occupied during the war.
>>
>>50840438
>Baltic Fleet managed to lose an engagement against a British fishing boat
Superior Britannia, rules the waves, obviously.
When?

>>50840456
>You now remember that the United States is the only major WWII participant to not have their capital bombed or occupied during the war
Moscow?
I don't think it was bombed, there was fighting at the outskirts of the city but I think that battle never reached city itself and Luftwafe had more important tasks than to bomb the city.
>>
>>50838814
>UN Peacekeeping mission
UN deals with countries at UN
>>
>>50840575
Anon could always make it the fictional conspiracy theory version of the UN that retards harp on about, the one that actually has some degree of power behind it.
>>
>>50840565
Moscow was bombed heavily I believe.
>>
>>50838814
I like this idea, actually. I might try to get some anons together and run it if anyone is interested.
>>
>>50838814
>UN Troops
>Sit back and watch as genocide is committed

NATO would be better.
>>
>>50838720
Dude look up the Rape of Nanking men 300000 civilians dead in a week it's more than both atomic bombs plus to help you out. Godlike a great system plus the u.s. is way more advanced than the Japanese Defense Force there limited to the M60 don't have the javelin missile thy don't have a Apache attack helicopters thy basically sitting on Old Cold War technology they have a little bit of their own proprietary stuff but realistically if it was them versus China or u.s or Russia they'd be gone in a week and thy lack the industry to manufacture the more advanced vehicles so once they lose their Fighters warships or tanks they can't make more
>>
>>50840097
>Japan was about to surrender, just not unconditional
They weren't surrendering then. In the message from the Allied Powers to Japan you could only surrender unconditionally.

Anything except that isn't surrender. It also goes to show Japan wasn't surrendering when the Army wanted to continue fighting and attempted a coup on the Emperor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ky%C5%ABj%C5%8D_incident

So shut the fuck up. You don't know shit about history and masturbate to a country that was practically irrelevant for a lot of time.
>>
>>50840731
NATO doesn't get pretty blue hats though.
>>
>>50840277
hon hon hon
>>50840575
Japan is one of them, and remember that they said that all the territory on the other side of the Gate is japanese clay
>>50840664
I'd like to hear how it goes
>>50840731
>NATO
>Operation Allied Force
>2011 Intervention in Libya

Yes is better in the sense that you fuck up things even more
>>
>>50840447
The Panther hands down beats the Sherman, no question. The Panther is a full on heavy tank, the Sherman is a poor quality medium. One Panther beats two or three Shermans, no problem.

Trouble is, one Panther costs as much as *four* Shermans. They were the Zerglings of WW2. Low power, cheap, and everywhere.

Between 1942 and 1945, the Americans produced 49,000 Shermans. That's more than all German tank models put together. It is, in fact, more tanks than Germany produced, in total, from 19*35* to 1945.
>>
>>50836196
If you want to masturbate to the JSDF you don't need a fucking tabletop system.
>>
>>50836196
To get back to the original point of this thread, a possible system:

d20 Modern.

No, wait, hear me out. Cinematic anime-style action is exactly what d20 Modern is good for. It's not gritty and realistic and super lethal, at least not for the PCs, but that's the point.
Machine guns can mow down hordes of lvl 1 mooks, but the protagonists don't just fall over as soon as they get hit, and can perform various dramatic feats of awesomeness against large numbers of enemies. Use the Urban Arcana stuff or even import things from D&D, and you have plenty of fancy magic things to take advantage of too. Plus the occasional seriously dangerous monster if they get too complacent.
>>
>>50836196
Don't play such a shit setting?
>>
>>50840984
>d20 modern

you are bating as hard as the turbo weaboo
>>
>>50836196
Godlike it's basically who uses World War 2 weapons they could easily update it to Modern War and it's probably got the best damage system for modern weapons already got super powers building
>>
>>50840918
Soviets produced 57.000 t34 during 1940-1945.
So for one t34 you have one Sherman, and t34 wasn't shit.
Quantity have it's quality but still Shermans were shit tanks. You can have decent quality with great quantity, Sherman was just bad design.
And Panther was classified as medium tank, Tiger was heavy tank and heavy tanks proved to be bad idea, that's why medium tanks evolved into main battle tanks
>>
File: 1470433338996.jpg (118KB, 752x501px) Image search: [Google]
1470433338996.jpg
118KB, 752x501px
>>50840664
Would any anons be interested in such a thing? Or discussion thereof a least?

I feel like the idea would need some tweaking and probably a debate over the best system for it, but it might be fun.
>>
>>50841104
Count me in if you need help/discussion
>>
>>50840803
But they do get functional weapons.
>>
>>50840803
Maybe, But they do have 90% of the worlds military spending.
>>
>>50841104
I think you'd have to ditch the baby blue gear. It makes them look like even more of a joke than they actually are.
>>
File: 1477432830538.jpg (248KB, 1420x900px) Image search: [Google]
1477432830538.jpg
248KB, 1420x900px
>>50836196
Which countries would be more interesting for the Gate to appear in beside Grorious Nippon?

My vote goes toward 1980's Soviet Union.
>>
>>50841265
>Not 1920's America
>>
>>50836196

Personally I'd make it as there are more countries in the fantasy world. A sort of scramble for africa setting, potentially.

Also countries shouldn't get the biggest slice of the pie based on their military might alone. Maybe there are more/better working portals in some countries and not in others.
>>
>>50838038
I was cool with the masturbatory fantasy until the thing it was masturbating to went from
>holy fuck can you imagine how hard modern military technology and tactics would BTFO a fantasy setting
To
>Isn't Japan the most altruistic and not-warcrime committing nation in existence (also we could totally beat up every major world power we swear)
>>
>>50841265
Wales.
>>
>>50841283
>not wanting to roll down a fantasy road in your BMP while listening to capitalist pop music with your brat'ya

Tovarisch please https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs3k1gcMDzE
>>
>>50836196
BRP by Chaosinum have rules for all tech stages and magic.
As long as system have vehicle rules it should be easy to convert. Small arms should be easy. After all rifle and crossbow is similar it should both deal 1d8 damage (maybe d6 for NATO bullets) main difference comes from AP, range and ROF, that could be easily adopted in any system.

>>50840664
If it would be about researching, diplomacy and exploration and not waifu/harem murderhoboing across the lands with guns, I'm in.
Any details?
>>
>>50841104
Have it open in the Brandenburg gate in the 70s.
>>
>>50841265
>My vote goes toward 1980's Soviet Union
Dark elves are funded by CIA. Later dark elves are blamed for 9/11
Magic can't melt steel beams!
>>
File: 1346792219517.png (7KB, 152x160px) Image search: [Google]
1346792219517.png
7KB, 152x160px
>>50841328
>You will never drive a heavily armored tank through the countryside of a fantasy world while blasting music.
>>
>>50841317

Pretty much. I honestly was relieved they didn't shitalk big bad 'murrica too much in the second season, at least.

>>50841351

Neat!

>>50841265

>communist industrial dwarves intensify

Or would they actually go full conservative?

Elves would be even worse than the fucking talibans.
>>
>>50841351
>Warsaw Pact and NATO having to play nice in a fantasy world

FUND IT

>>50841349
There would be zero anime influence in it. Probably more like Stargate, with soldiers, scientists, and diplomats making up the party.
>>
File: Bouletcorp GuerredesMondes En 1.png (7MB, 760x4088px) Image search: [Google]
Bouletcorp GuerredesMondes En 1.png
7MB, 760x4088px
>>50841104
It's not the first time we had that discussion. I remember seing something similar in the archives.

Anyways, as another anon pointed out , you cannot really improve gate. It's perfect in the way the author intended it, as a jsdf wank and harem adventure.
So you have to rework it a lot for the setting to work.

I think it would work best in a Sword and Sorcery setting. Better power level.

How is this?
>Some archmage is getting wrecked in some battle against one of his rivals, his tower is besieged.
>Use a forbidden spell, that annihilates his enemies but puts the entire region between two realities.
>Meanwhile in Africa, a big area between Angola and the DRC suddently disappears in unpenetrable strange mists, with unknown beasts raiding the neighbouring settlements.
>Everyone loses his shit over it
>A local warlord decides to invade the fantasy land and crosses the border with his army.
>After various threats of nuking each other if anybody tries to intervene on its own, an UN resolution is passed an a taskforce is sent. Of course nobody is satisfied by the solution, and between the political turmoil, the backstabbing, and the ill-defined goals, the mission is off a great start.
>Every country doesn't want to miss this opportunity and sends troops under the UN mandate, increasing the confusion.
>Magic emanations are beginning to invade our world, too.

And some pic for the discussion/
>>
>>50841430
>Play nice
>Not partitioning it like they did Poland.
>>
>>50841430

Nice?

NICE?

Anon, you have fucking evil (or capitalist dictatorial, whatever) wizards, dragons, fucking gods with unspeakable powers.

And very little mass media

I already see the nukes flying. It would be a FUN time for the UN.
>>
File: Bouletcorp GuerredesMondes En 2.png (7MB, 760x4605px) Image search: [Google]
Bouletcorp GuerredesMondes En 2.png
7MB, 760x4605px
>>50841454

>>50841328
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RodrZ2we_hQ
>>
>>50841265
Somewhere in Africa during the decolonisation.
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 313x161px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 313x161px
>>50841265
Modern day Czechoslovakia for one reason T72 moderna which is basically T72 with twin 20 millimeter cannons or South Africa because they got a lot of really cool Tech
>>
>>50841503
Pretty much like the UN mission in The Congo in 1960's
>>
Alright, anyone interested in GATE: Cold War, I'm going to set up a Discord.

https://discord.gg/F93aV
>>
>>50841430
I'd be interested, but important question are: Medium: text, voice?
Time zone?

>>50841483
Not this time anon, not this time.
This time we partitioned Germany and Poland took a slice of it.
>>
File: dana-152-mm-samohodnaya.jpg (183KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
dana-152-mm-samohodnaya.jpg
183KB, 1366x768px
>>50841582
>not the DANA
anon pls
>>
>>50841640
EST, Probably text.

Possibly Roll20 depending on the system but I'd avoid it if I can get away with it.
>>
>>50841668
>Probably text
I'm ok with that, probably better for me as not native speaker
>EST
6 hours time difference, so it depends on time when it is starting. I can't really stay awake past 21 EST.

>depending on the system
anything specific in mind?
>>
>>50841782
We're discussing system in the Discord chat right now actually. As for the time, probably start at 7pm EST.
>>
File: canadian-920-15.jpg (305KB, 919x613px) Image search: [Google]
canadian-920-15.jpg
305KB, 919x613px
>>50841265
Canadia.
>>
>>50841651
Very good observation my friend.
But let's not forget the Mi 24 with s-25 rockets where someone had the great idea of putting freaking artillery pieces on helicopters Czechoslovakia truly a glorious country
>>
>>50841415
It'd never happen, but I would have loved to see just what kind of career-destroying hell the President in Gate landed in after it goes public he authorized a hostile special forces action inside an allied nation. One that was utterly botched and ended with the whole team dead.

The only reason there wouldn't be public hangings is because the US doesn't work that way.
>>
>>50841861
Before or after Somalia?
>>
>>50841503
I never thought I would find someone who understands less about international relations than the average /pol/ack
>>
>>50841917
Thirded, czechnology is bestnology.
>>
>>50836196
is there a WAIFU rpg?
>>
>>50841824
>in the Discord chat
link?
The one above is invalid.
>start at 7pm EST
Quite hard but doable, I 'd have to think about it.
>>
>>50842141
My bad, try this one https://discord.gg/SfnVJtr
>>
>>50840575
>UN deals with countries at UN
This
NWO dont exist....... YET
>>
>>50840860
>remember that they said that all the territory on the other side of the Gate is japanese clay
Usa could say it owns Jupiter, it means shit
>>
>>50842405
The Diet ratified it and the world was ok with it because NIPPON STRONK
>>
>>50842405
>The Diet ratified it
If they actually conquered it, this changed everything. Yes they own it
>>
>>50838506
>Phoenix command
How do you convert monsters to phoenix command stats?
>>
>>50841957

Enlighten us on how shit works in a fantasy world!
>>
>>50841265
France and the bordering countries, but less focus on le frog city of Paris and more on the countryside. Hon hon hon!
>>
>>50842405
>Usa could say it owns Jupiter
There are actually treaties in place signed by every nation that say no nation can own a celestial body.
>>
>>50842583
>signed by every nation
>AT UN
>>
>>50838407
To be fair, Admiral Yi Sun-sin was a bad-ass. More people should know about his awesomeness. Confusicious say: When confronted by man with big sword blast him with cannons.
>>
>>50842470
>How do you convert monsters to phoenix command stats?
I played against a human, so I dont know, but their earlier rpg called sword path glory can do it.

Adult weight and size can find str.
Str and max speed can be used to find speed
Acceleration and max speed find dex stat.

With the amount of time it can spend standing without need to rest, weight, and height, it you can find endurance.

With endurance, weight and height you find health.

And this goes on.

Remember that you actually "reverse engeering the rpg" to find the stats your race will have.

The actual stats, (str, dex, int, speed, health, end....) are selected just by rolling 3d6 or using point system.
>>
>>50842637
Let's be honest. How many countries not in the UN have the resources to actually enforce a claim of a planet?
>>
>>50842872
> How many countries not in the UN have the resources to actually enforce a claim of a planet?
In about a year, the US.
>>
>>50838814
Combine the UN peacekeeping mission with the >Nazis/Prussians/FireNation invades fantasyland threads
>>
>>50840575
The korean war, and the interventions in Israel, Congo and ex-Yougoslavia (amongst others) when the concerned countries were not members seems to imply otherwise.
>>
Can I get a new link to the discord chat?
>>
>>50838814

The UN are one of the few modern militaries that I would realistically respect get their asses handed to them by the fantasy side because of their rubbish RoE.
>>
File: Quality_Control.jpg (7KB, 259x194px)
Quality_Control.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>50841089

The T-34 was objectively worse than the Sherman and failed in every engagement the two had against each other during the Korean War, as well as the majority of the engagements in the ME during the same period. 90% of T-34s produced broke down or were otherwise destroyed, the majority breaking down due to non-existent quality control that went into making them, post-war generals wishing its successor to have a reliability closer to the Sherman. Soviet crews complained that the T-34 lacked basic things like a turret basket and dedicated ammo stowage (the T-34's ammo was stored in a stack of unsecured boxes that doubled as the gunner's platform), and some of them had NO OPTICS. The T-34's turret ring is smaller than the Sherman, so larger guns such as the 120mm disable its ability to turn its turret, something that does not inhibit a Sherman with the same gun.

If the Sherman was a mediocre design that translated perfectly from paper to metal, the T-34 was a decent design that translated poorly to reality. Nevertheless, the fact both the T-34 and Sherman remain in service shows that they're better than the Panther.

Deathtraps a shit.
>>
File: 1474731498111.jpg (132KB, 680x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1474731498111.jpg
132KB, 680x1060px
>>50840918
>One Panther beats two or three Shermans, no problem.
Which is why 3.6 Panthers were killed by Shermans for every Sherman lost to a Panther, right? AT guns and Assault Guns were far more effective against SHermans than the Panther ever was, for all its vaunted range and optics.
>>
>>50844851
The UN doesn't have a military, modern or otherwise. It depends on member nations volunteering troops, occasionally for compensation of one sort or another. Typically this means the worst troops of the worst nations, or at least one of those qualifications.

Something like 'gate'? It would likely be the US taking action while creating 'blessing' under the UN name. Several of the countries that would be included would be done so because the US felt they were close allies. Others would be included because they would make it too difficult politically or otherwise able to make things too difficult if they were not. Included in that would be whatever nation the 'gate' opened in.

The only exception to this would be if the gate opened in a country that was a near-peer to the US.
>>
GURPS if you enjoy some crunch and worldbuilding, Savage Worlds if you want something easier to get into and very pulpy by default, Fate if you want something with a narrative bent.
>>
File: skdd.jpg (218KB, 1361x698px) Image search: [Google]
skdd.jpg
218KB, 1361x698px
>>50843563
>Implying Prussians wouldn't civilize the new backwater world
>>
>>50845435
>"Civilize"
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herero_and_Namaqua_genocide
>>
>>50845453
Seems like a pretty successful civilizing project to me.
>>
>>50845497
This is why you lose world wars, Hans.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>50840447
>You don't need to cut sherman tank, you wait till it starts to burn by design flaw.
Incorrect, this is not some junk german tank that breaks down before it can even get to the battlefield.
Russian Tankers prefered their lend lease shermans over T34s because they were less prone to catching on fire.
Sherman was a Workhorse, it could do more roles then any other tank.
0/10 bait
>>
>>50841317
All I wanted from GATE was Stargate SG-1 in fantasyland, and at times, it is that. And then you get those cringy nationalistic wanky moments which detract from the rest of it. At least Stargate had a bit of political realism to it, i.e. eventually letting Russia and China have their own versions of the tech we developed (the Korolev, the Sun Tzu, etc.) and America wasn't monolithically the good guys all the time - you had corrupt fuckers like the NID and Senator/later-VP Kinsey doing shitty things.
>>
Why do people deny atrocities?
I mean, holy shit, fess up to it. I am super on board with my nation being the only one to use live nuclear weaponry on another. I am super on board with my nation using biological warfare to kill entire peoples and take their land.

Everyone does this shit at some point in their history, why deny it? Especially in an age with photography?
>>
>>50843772
>The korean war, and the interventions in Israel, Congo and ex-Yougoslavia (amongst others) when the concerned countries were not members seems to imply otherwise.
I was actually not going conspiracy mode, and telling/thinking UN is a evil thing, thaks for proving me wrong
>>
>>50845985
Because everyone wants to believe they're the good guys, and as much as internet scumbags might like to claim otherwise, most people are not fucking okay with genocide or the indiscriminate murder of civilians.

So they deny those things ever happened, because that's easier than confronting the reality that the nation they live in is responsible for monstrous atrocities, and that their comfort and safety is built on mountains of blood and pain.
>>
>>50846098
Man I just don't get that. Accept the brutal history, live with it.

I mean, fucking every have in the world at some point fucked over like a hundred have nots SOMEtime in the past. It's unavoidable. It's why the idea of utopia is so tempting to so many.
>>
>>50845948
I stopped reading when the under 5' tall combat otaku large breasted japanese girl defeated a dozen armed and equipped praetorians literally twice her size in hand to hand combat with a bayonette on her rifle thanks to the two weeks of stabbing a sack of sand she did before going through the gate. That was also apparently the first time she had ever been in an actual fight.

I just stopped reading right there.
>>
>>50846132
The problem probably comes from accepting it results in people asking for reparations by reason that if they admit it that means they're also willing to accept the blame for things done long before they were born. And that never stops.
>>
>>50846137
Was that the moment where they learned about Not-Joffrey's rapeslaves? That was also an unnecessary bit of cringe, and fucking rich coming from Japan - "We would never do such a thing! Comfort women? Never heard the phrase! Nanjing? Is that something they're doing with ginseng now?"
>>
>>50838038
seconded. the salvation war is also up there.
>>
>>50846195
haha, no, fuck that.
Yes my ancestors fucked yours over.
NO I am not going to pay for it.
Though actually I might want to pay for it sometimes, giving the natives some land back got us SICK CASINOS.
Shit. this quandry is a lot harder than I initially thought.
>>
>>50846205

To be fair this is what fascists do everywhere. They are more vocal against their worse crimes, unless they do it.

Anyway all in all as an haremshit it can be decent.
Unless they focus on Lelei. God, I hate her.
>>
>>50846312
Lelei - when you can't be fucked to come up with an even slightly original name for your Rei clone, so you just name her Double Rei.
>>
File: 1471807224492.png (252KB, 394x300px) Image search: [Google]
1471807224492.png
252KB, 394x300px
>>50846312
>>50846345
>that whole chapter dedicated to find a magical pear
>>
>>50846345

the interestin thing is that she' perhaps more mary sue tha Itami
>>
>>50840761
>So shut the fuck up. You don't know shit about history and masturbate to a country that was practically irrelevant for a lot of time.

If Japan was so irrelevant... why did the USA use the nukes?

Of course, to put the fear of Sam in Stalin. That is the only reason Japan got nuked. And the only reason they got nuked again.

>look ivan we got more!
>>
>>50841328
>>50841404

I feel like 90s anime already covered this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTPpbzYozHg
>>
>>50846544

Anon, stop. You're already had your dose or retard for the next year.
>>
>>50837041
But anon, JSDF fought off and destroyed the combined special forces of the US and two other countries.
>>
>>50846678
Superior intelligence is what made that make sense, but the fact the other factions involved did not have sufficient intel was stupid.
>>
>>50846132
Word.

You even get to call other nations out on their atrocities.

>dutch fucking torture, kidnap and execute thousands of indonesians following the post ww2 chaos
>indonesia was a dutch colony before the japanese conquered indonesia and germany conquered the netherlands, so with the germans and japanese bombed to hell the dutch wanted their coLony back
>american diplomat gives a scolding speech about how the dutch government is doing to the indonesians what the nazis had been doing to the netherlands barely 5y ago

>10 years later the americans do the exact same thing in vietnam, on a scale so much larger

History has a sense of humour. A very dark and fucked up one.
>>
>>50846678

>they have a negro with them
>only one country uses negroes in its special forces!

I still get the chuckles when I think of that page.
>>
>>50837119
>never committed war crimes.

Medical Unit 731
Nanjing
Mistreatment of POWs
Comfort Women (Yes, there was genuine prostitution going on, but this wasn't all of it.)
Hell, in some instances they even refused to provide medical aid to their own wounded.
>>
>>50846734
Africa?
;^}
>>
>>50837119
>>
>>50846773

You know what, I'm impressed with how many layers this post has in just one word and a spoilered emoticon.
Well done.
>>
>>50846205
Yeah, that's the moment. I'd accept her beating up the prince. Beating up a dozen guys who've spent at least 20 years fighting with spears with a bayonet attached to a rifle? no.

I was already gritting my teeth with the whole goth loli in not-rome thing, then he started piling on elf waifu and not-rei waifu and the japanese bayonette folded 1000 times baka gaijin thing killed my interest.

Are harems mandatory in japanese fiction?
>>
>>50847003
It's like pouches in '90s Western comics.
>>
>>50847003

Not mandatory, but it sells, so everything seems to gravitate toward it.
>>
>>50839166
Operation Downfall was always a last resort. Afterr WWII, the Japanese govt admitted they surrendered primarily to the USA due to not wanting to be wiped out or divided by Soviet Russia (who killed/captured over 100,000 Japanese in around 2 weeks). They admitted to using the nukes as the reason for their surrender to avoid Soviet domination.
>>
Can I get the new discord link please
>>
>>50848299
Seconding this.
>>
Why is it whenever someone talks about Gate it always derails and people start shitting on it? I thought it was pretty interesting.
>>
>>50849053
I personally liked gate. Didn't even find the nationalism stuff that hard to swallow. It's just /pol/acks being autistic.
>>
>>50849053

Because it has the depth of a shot glass so people want to talk about something else.

>>50849103

I liked it when it was about video game tactics like how I beat up the Byzantines with modern battle tanks. But it should have never devolved into the author's personal opinions on societies and human psychology or Game of Thrones Meets Rambo Featuring Anime Girls And Deathwatch Kill Teams.
>>
>>50849142
>But it should have never devolved into the author's personal opinions on societies
Except it never did. Most of the nationalism in the series comes from how the author portrayed the JSDF when in actuality that's how ANY modern military would react, especially given the circumstances.
>>
>>50849367

>Single JSDF volunteer with bayonet holding off a century of Roman/Italian legionaries whose whole shtick is supposed to be melee
>>
>>50849451
>fantasy medieval soldiers are better at CQC than a modern-trained military soldier
Ok.
>>
>>50849461

Fantasy soldiers have to fight dragons, wizards, orcs, and all sorts of bullshit while maintaining an empire. Hell, one of the basic things that made the Roman Army special was their ability to defeat phalanxes and hold their own against skirmishers, with their looser formation allowing individuals to maneuver and perform actions such as take cover, not to mention that any of those soldiers could have used their shield to block that jay and subdue her. For how outmatched the Fantasy Romans were in GATE, they were hit with the idiot stick as hard as the Americans, which makes the battles less fun because the fantasy side isn't even trying.
>>
>>50849611
>Thinking a royal guard has ever done anything like that.
>>
>>50849611
>have to fight dragons
If anything, the imperial soldiers feared the dragons and refused to fight them.
>wizards
The wizards fought on the side of the imperials
>orcs
It's been a while since I read/saw gate, are there even any orcs in the world?
>their ability to defeat phalanxes and hold their own against skirmishers
And all of this is meaningless against a gun
> which makes the battles less fun because the fantasy side isn't even trying.
They were weighed down by ineffective leaders and other economic/political pressures. That's exactly WHY they lost to the JSDF. It was to showcase how fucking weak the empire had become despite having dragons and mages on their side. They were frail and disadvantaged against overwhelming force after decades of peace and corruption, not unlike the Roman Empire of our world (or, more likely, the JSDF a decade or two ago, as was the author's point)
>>
>>50846132
>Finish reading Slaughterhouse 5.
>Come back to this thread

So it goes.
>>
>>50838407
to be fair, their invasion of korea was basically the crusades. a war to get rid of too many soldier left over from the sengoku jidai
>>
>>50849461
They're conscripts using bayonets on Type 89s, and assault rifles aren't exactly made with melee in mind.
I've learned more about cqc in sportsclubs than I did during my time in the army, and that wouldn't remplace a life of brutal work, medfan training and battles.
Because yes, farmers in third world countries are usually fairly hardcore. Those facing magical beasts would kick your ass.
>>
>>50851327
The people in the JSDF weren't conscripts. And the royal guards didn't exactly see a lot of fighting either. Did you even read my post?
>>
>>50851344
They don't teach bayonette combat in the JSDF, the character in question specifically stated that she learned it by herself by repeatedly stabbing a sack of rice with a stick for a week since she's in the reserves, Praetorian guards spent 20 years in the field before being promoted to their "royal guard posts". I'm not the guy you're arguing with but you're coming off as a major weeaboo.
>>
>>50851344
You're right about Kuribayashi, my bad. As for the guards, they're supposed to be veterans (in a setting with fearful enemies), and you don't get ripped like that by skipping training.
And besides, they display assassin's creed-level of incompetency and politeness to their opponent.
>>
File: UNfence.png (593KB, 2254x1237px) Image search: [Google]
UNfence.png
593KB, 2254x1237px
>>50838814
>UN troops
ew gross
>>
File: thuglife.jpg (619KB, 2266x1452px) Image search: [Google]
thuglife.jpg
619KB, 2266x1452px
>be me
>get deployed to fantasy alternate reality
>expect qt elf maidens and busty wenches
>instead recieve pointy eared fuckers who shoot fire out of thin air
>two words: GIANT. SPIDERS.
>some dumbass pissed off the motor pool and now our keys are enchanted to never be where we leave them overnight
I fucking hate this place.
>>
is GATE worth watching? it looks kinda like weeb stargate sg1
>>
>>50852018
Only if you're into tennohekai banzai nippon stronk stuff.
>>
>>50836196
Russian Roulette
>>
File: 1448576423489.jpg (364KB, 836x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1448576423489.jpg
364KB, 836x1100px
The real question is, which system works best for a harem management game?
>>
>>50852018
Like a lot of mango, it has a really interesting premise but falls short on delivery. Run with the idea behind it if you want, but the show itself very quickly turns into wanking just how brilliant and great the JSDF are.
>>
>>50840438
Tsushima was a testament to the awful quality of the Russian navy and the political power of the British empire.
>>
>>50852018
The anime is bad for real. The mango is less bad but still pretty cringe.
>>
>>50846711
Just look at Israel.
Founded as save haven from prosecution. Now prosecutes the natives and is and apartheit state and the most destabilising factor in the region.

History has a damn black sense of humor.
>>
If you want waifuism harem shite and chuunibyue (spelling?) shite, Overlord is the superior choice.

It even has 3rd ed. wizard jokes. Like the main character casting 40854308208 buffs for a million years to prepare for a fight with a plebeian martial character.
>>
>>50853440
And the fucked up shit is... it keeps happening. And it will keep happening.

It just won't stop until we're all off to extinction-heaven in the fossil sky, to drink champagne with the trilobites and dinosaurs.
>>
>>50851536
>Praetorian guards spent 20 years in the field before being promoted to their "royal guard posts"
Yeah but the empire wasn't the romans
>>50851588
>And besides, they display assassin's creed-level of incompetency and politeness to their opponent.
This was my point. The JSDF wasn't better, they were just worse due to the corruption and failings of the empire.
>>
>>50854274
What you mean is, they were just worse due to incompetent writing on par with fanfiction.

Because that's what GATE basically is. Fanfiction elevated to commercial media thanks to the retarded Japanese otaku market.
>>
>>50854373
>they were just worse due to incompetent writing on par with fanfiction.
Yeah ok. Sure.
>Fanfiction elevated to commercial media thanks to the retarded Japanese otaku market.
Except its not and you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. But then again I don't know what I expected from a secondary.
>>
File: only_america_has_black_agents.png (277KB, 844x1200px) Image search: [Google]
only_america_has_black_agents.png
277KB, 844x1200px
>Gate thread

Pic Mandatory
>>
File: american navy seals.jpg (357KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
american navy seals.jpg
357KB, 2048x1536px
>>50854402
>>
>>50854391
Except it is.

There is nothing redeemable about GATE.

Everything GATE does, Drifters does SO MUCH BETTER.

GATE is shit, and you by extention of enjoying GATE are shit.
>>
>>50854459
Gate is about the international politics and the implications of modern governments interveening in a fantasy world. It's also a metaphor for the weakness of the JSDF when the author served in it and how he thought they needed to strengthened. Gate and Drifters are two different works with two different styles and to try and compare them is absolutely moronic.
>>
>>50836273
And Infinite Worlds. Gets all heavy on the mechanics of this kind of thing. Although the Patrol might be a little wary of Alnus. They just do not "go loud" all that often. Although if someone opened a gate in a megalopolis like Tokyo and it just could not be closed, it would possibly devolve into a strange situation anyways.

You might just steal the mechanics and say "no Infinity Patrol" if you wanted a Wild West/Bald Faced Colonialism with No Adults or overarching authority with real veto powers because "We Own The Conveyors Bitches" like Infinity.

Or you could say it actually exists in some neighborhood that Infinity stays away from because it's an annoying clusterfuck where deities pettily open gates you know, out of boredom and have super powerful avatars that get off on mass slaughter and turning swathes of enemies into Chunky Salsa with improbably sized weapons.

On the plus side being super cautious and having small, discrete teams would allow for reasonable restrictions and challenges for a team working there. You could also split the difference and say "well, you get guns, and stuff, and MAYBE we can grudgingly spot you some jeeps, but don't expect attack helicopters and we are watching you like hawks to make sure nobody is monkeying with your head or corrupting you".

Still, you want the "no adults" powder keg situation with fuckheaded deities opening Gates and Earth just adapting, do what Gate did, but govern it with rules from Infinite Worlds, which has stuff on how that might work.

Normally making a large, stable gate like that is pretty hard. The Raven Division has found a few coincidentailly, and made some I thin, but with Evil Nazi Parachronic Powered Individual Selective Breeding and Science!. Oh, and also having a Demon with dimensional powers painfully bestow it's spawn on test subjects. (It doesn't really matter which sex you are. Did I mention it's painful and horrifying But hey. Nazis. Lebensraum. They took over earth.)
>>
>>50854490
>Gate is about the international politics and the implications of modern governments interveening in a fantasy world. It's also a metaphor for the weakness of the JSDF when the author served in it and how he thought they needed to strengthened. Gate and Drifters are two different works with two different styles and to try and compare them is absolutely moronic.

No no no.

Gate is armchair masturbating all over international politics and the implications of modern governments interveening in a fantasy world. It's also an armchair lecture for otakus on the perceived weaknesses of the JSDF when the otaku author served in it and how he armchaired they needed to strengthened. Gate and Drifters are two different works with two different styles and to try and compare them is absolutely moronic.
>because unlike Gate, Drifters is actually good

:^)
>>
>>50854540
>Oh god World of Darkness is terrible, play D&D!
>But they are different games. We don't want to play D&D.
>Cuz you don't wanna play something good, REEEEEE!!!!
This is how you sound right now, so you know.
>>
>>50854490

Well, I don't want to drag policies into it but you could see GATE as a take that against the Americans for the Iraq war.

The author decides to write a fictional country where the JSDF force occupies and everything doesn't go to shit in order to show that Japanese are so much better at occupations then the Americans.

Although this really falls flat when the world on the otherside of the gate is nothing like Iraq and contains nothing that made Iraq such a shitshow.
>>
File: Copy_of_75684.jpg (20KB, 223x347px) Image search: [Google]
Copy_of_75684.jpg
20KB, 223x347px
>>50854373
>Fanfiction elevated to commercial media thanks to the retarded Japanese otaku market.
Exemplified by the Kuribayashi character, she's received barely any training because the JSDF was desperate for soldiers during the invasion, but she's an unstoppable close quarters fighter because she's a "combat otaku" and spent a few weeks training by herself. She plays into the idea the reader/viewer could become the best fighter in the world if they just applied themselves for once. She plays the same roll as Kohta Hirano in Highschool of the Dead. Combat Otaku who spent a week with "blackwater mercenaries" and became an unstoppable killing machine and perfect aim sniper.

Training? Experience? No, all you need is SPIRIT!
>>
>>50854589
Don't you know that the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere was completely voluntary economic and political union that was in no shape or form imposed upon rest of Asia by the armed forces of Imperial Japan?
>>
>>50854540
>armchair masturbating
And how is that?
>perceived weaknesses of the JSDF
Because the JSDF is weak. That is an objective fact, even now.
> they needed to strengthened
They do need to be though, if Japan wants to defend themselves against foregin forces (because if you missed the metaphor, the JSDF in gate are stand-ins for foreign militaries and the empire is the JSDF as it stands)
>Gate and Drifters are two different works with two different styles and to try and compare them is absolutely moronic.
Exactly. I don't see how you are arguing this.
>because unlike Gate, Drifters is actually good
Oh, so I'm arguing with a retard. Good to know.
>>50854589
Not really. The author wanted Gate to show to people how cool and strong the JSDF could be if their limitations and legal/cultural restrictions were lifted and they were able to act without having to worry about shit like Article 7. You can also look at it like the empire reflecting the JSDF and Japan as it is now: weak and fragile with its military weakened by decades of peace and weighed down by ineffective rulers.
>>50854605
You say that like its uncommon for anime/manga/LNs. None of this shit is high art or is supposed to be taken seriously in terms of realism or character depth. And I personally don't mind that because it doesn't bog itself down in trivial bullshit, but if that's not your cup of tea, just don't read/watch it.
>>
File: 1459505014390.jpg (19KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1459505014390.jpg
19KB, 267x200px
>>50854589
>that filename

That said, for anyone more familiar than I, how aware is the average modern Nip aware of the IJA's war crimes during World War 2?
>>
>>50854640
Did you know that you shouldn't expect historical accuracy from a manga written by a Japanese nationalist writing a propaganda piece on how Japan should man up and become a world power?

Hell, any nationalist for that matter. Blind love is blind faith, and little better.
>>
File: 291990.jpg (25KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
291990.jpg
25KB, 225x350px
>>50854605
The only good combat otaku that I've seen in manga/anime was that combat otaku in Gantz.

He armchairs incredibly hard over the guns, pops a few inconsequential aliens, and then he dies a horrible and humiliating death accomplishing absolutely nothing.
>>
>>50854640
>the rest of Asia
The IJA/IJN only wanted an EAST ASIAN Co-Prosperity Sphere. They planned to exploit weaker SE Asian countries to that end (since they are literally the backwater countries of Asia)
>>50854656
Depends. Nationalists (usually older people) will deny that stuff like the Rape of Nanjing ever happened while younger people will say it happened and Japan should get on with it's life. Many of them try not to dwell on it and don't care much about it anymore.
>>
>>50854668
>nationalism is bad
How are those shekelbucks paying you?
>>
File: fuck_you_asshole.gif (3MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
fuck_you_asshole.gif
3MB, 240x180px
>>50854694
But nationalism is bad.

>hurr durr my clump of dirt is better than your clump of dirt

It's all fucking dirt. One asteroid on your dirt, and you and your entire fucking species is gone forever.
>>
>>50854668

Yep
>>
>>50854718
National identity and national pride is the only thing stopping degeneracy from taking over the world. Just look at our current state of the world now.
>>
>>50854656
> how aware is the average modern Nip aware of the IJA's war crimes during World War 2?
Not very. It's just not really a topic that Japan's education system touches on. They spend a huge amount of time on ancient Japanese history and up through feudal Japan that they basically just gloss over the 20th century because they don't have any time. WW2 isn't really talked about that much beyond "there was a war" and some stuff about the nukes dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
>>
>>50836196
Huh. I once witnessed a GATE-style campaign. It was pretty much the party teleporting into the not!JSDF command tent, mind controlling the command staff, then triggering WW3 back on Earth.

Ironically, such a display of power immediately abolished the feudal society, and allowed the party to convert their world into a full-on magocracy with their army of magitech Abrams tanks and shapeshifting Apache attack helicopters.
>>
File: [evil laughter].gif (619KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
[evil laughter].gif
619KB, 500x330px
>>50854736
>degeneracy degeneracy raaaaah raaaaaaaaaaah

What degeneracy are we talking about? Can't have undefined degeneracy happening now, can we?

Before you know it, all matter in the universe degenerates into strange matter, and the universe just turns in an infinite soup of radical quarks.
>>
>>50854694
>There's no such thing as too much of a good thing.
Go pick your favorite alcohol and drink several hundred dollars worth of it in an hour. Save us all the trouble.

Or you can do the same thing with water. That's also fine. Power through the pain.
>>
>>50854771
Breathing pure oxygen works too.
>>
>>50854762
You know exactly what I am talking about. Deviancy, multiculturalism, globalism, and cultural marxism are actively ruining the basements of civilization in the name of "progressiveness" and "non-bigotry"
>>
>>50854795
>Deviancy
What does that mean?
>multiculturalism
But all great civilizations have been situated at the crossroads of many cultures.
>globalism
Yet all great civilizations participated in the flow of goods, ideas and technology. No great empire has ever existed far away from seas, oceans or trade routes. Global trade has existed since neolithic times.
>cultural marxism
What does that mean?
>>
>>50854771
>>50854792
Or shove more than 5 liters of food/drink down your throat. Works too. Your stomach will burst apart, and the stomach acid will now leak into your stomach cavity and begin dissolving your vital organs.
>>
>>50854825
>What does that mean?
Exactly what it sounds like. Deviation from traditional values.
>>50854825
>But all great civilizations have been situated at the crossroads of many cultures.
I'm talking about the acceptance of dangerous and insidious world views and practices that threaten the peace of civilization.
>Global trade has existed since neolithic times.
Please learn about what globalism means in a modern context then come back.
>What does that mean?
Rather than answering your question. I feel this video will be better at explaining what cultural marxism is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8pPbrbJJQs
>>
>>50855067
>Deviation from traditional values.
And how is that bad? The only traditionalists are dead dried corpses in long forgotten graveyards. Traditionalists are crushed under the boot of gunpowder armed colonialists. Traditionalists are bombed apart under the torrent of napalm dropping carpet bombers. Traditional living is death.
>I'm talking about the acceptance of dangerous and insidious world views and practices that threaten the peace of civilization.
That doesn't explain anything. Give us some examples.
>Please learn about what globalism means in a modern context then come back.
No, you need to actually use the definitions of words instead of making shit up as you go.
>I feel this video will be better at explaining what cultural marxism is.
Oh yeah great. A video by some clickbaiting psychotic tinfoil Christian Youtube cunt. Yeah, that'll be full of delicious "insight". Now if you'll excuse me, I need to find a fucking Illithid so I can rid myself of all this useless anti-insight before I go all Father Gascoigne..
>>
>>50855154
Ok, if you want to ignore my arguments, that's fine.
>>
>>50855180
But you do not use arguments. You just keep abusing language and avoid answering the question.

It is almost like I'm not conversing with a human being, but some kind of memetic Chinese room.

I put a piece of paper under the door, and memes roll out.
>>
>>50855220
>It is almost like I'm not conversing with a human being
And it's almost like I'm talking with a degenerate piece of shit. Fancy that
>>
>>50854795
"Deviancy" is such a laughable fucking thing to harp on about on a website where you're a mouse-click away from /d/, /b/, /trash/, and /ck/.

>>50855220
/pol/bots, man. They're like coin-operated fortune teller machines. Bullshit goes in and they go "beep boop degeneracy, beep boop Cultural Marxism, beep boop error SJW detected".
>>
>>50855267
Which is why I don't go there, idiot.
>>
>>50855266
Make an argument that doesn't come out of a /pol/tard Magic 8-Ball and maybe people will take you seriously, sunshine.
>>
>>50855294
But I literally did, retard.
>>
>>50855321
What argument? That Japan did nothing wrong in WW2?

Yeah, that's the kind of thing we've come to expect from /pol/tards.
>>
>>50855380
>implying there is anything wrong with imperialism
>>
>>50854694
Someone that loves his country is called a patriot. Someone that hates all the other nations a nationalist.
And you have to be quite the retards to hate even the places you don't know shit about.
>>
>>50855444
Thank you. If everyone was a patriot, the world would be a better place.

Because it's better to fix your own shit, than to shit all over someone elses shit.
>>
>>50855444
I don't hate other countries. I just think things that uniquely belong to a nation should be kept. Everyone should be proud of their country. That being said, common leftist thought is really married to the idea that the West (ie America and Europe) is evil and literally Hitler. So there's that.
>>
>>50855520
>common leftist thought is really married to the idea that the West (ie America and Europe) is evil and literally Hitler

But it's not. You're taking far-left fringe thought and conflating it with the entire left-wing. It's as stupid as claiming all conservatives are fascist.
>>
>>50855520
>I just think things that uniquely belong to a nation should be kept.

Like what? There's nothing unique at any nation that should be kept exclusive to said nation.

It's fucking retarded.

>oooh you can't have our stroop wafels and our semi-legal cannabis, that's only for dutch people

Fuck off, you fucking retarded autistic otaku shite.
>>
>>50855549
I have not found a single leftist progressive that doesn't think the entire capitalist/Western establishment should be dismantled and replaced with communism though.
>>50855571
>There's nothing unique at any nation that should be kept exclusive to said nation.
"dude all nations are the same lmao" is literally what you are saying you fucking retard.
>otaku shite
Projecting a bit much are we?
>>
>>50855067
>Exactly what it sounds like. Deviation from traditional values.
Tradition is the worst sort of cancer on humanity. It's fear of progress, cowardice from the future, and inability to adapt.

You can stick to your traditions, and like the amish become little more than a tiny footnote in society. I'm going to adapt to the world that is.

Now values are important, but not all values are traditional. The concept that men should be free and slavery is evil is in no way traditional. The idea that unhealthy babies shouldn't be thrown off of cliffs is not traditional. The idea that women aren't property is not traditional. Values often improve over time, and only myopic tards like you think otherwise.

Accept the good, deny the bad. Regardless of whether it's old or new.
>>
>>50855578
All nations are merely ideological concepts that exist temporary on a certain area on the planet Earth. There's nothing unique about the nations themselves.

It's the history and people that count. Nations are just a lot of agreements written down on paper. They're irrelevant outside their function, and only a fucking retard (much like yourself) would worship one.

As such, the idea that nations can have something special to them that shouldn't be shared is fucking retarded, because that means you're locking off human activities and forcing them into some idiotic braindead bureaucratic labyrinth for no good reason except that you're some state-worshipper.

If people in the USA want to eat French baguettes, let them fucking eat French baguettes.
>>
>>50855705
Don't forget that a value being a concept that can be used to determine a course in life is highly mutable and can change to fit the time.
>>
>>50855578
> I have not found a single leftist progressive that doesn't think the entire capitalist/Western establishment should be dismantled and replaced with communism though.
That just demonstrates how insular you are. In the modern era, who exactly is calling for Communism?
>>
>>50855736
> In the modern era, who exactly is calling for Communism?

Couple butthurt old farts in Europe and young collage students that wear Che t-shirts without realizing the irony of how not-that-successful communist revolutionary ended up becoming the symbol for massmarketed rebellion for capitalist masses.
>>
>>50855772
So a few old people in Europe and some college students wearing t-shirts means that the entire left is in favor of dismantling western society and replacing it with communism?
>>
>>50855772
Look, it might be difficult for an autist like you to process, but have you considered that people wear t-shirts without giving a shit about what's on it?
>>
>>50855736
> In the modern era, who exactly is calling for Communism?
The democrats. Just look at all the bernouts screaming their support for a self proclaimed socialist.
>>
>>50855797
That is pretty much the whole left that is any different from the right, with the rest of it being too busy preaching the exactly same globalist capitalist agenda as the right.
>>
File: [hmm_intensifies].gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
[hmm_intensifies].gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>50855819
>implying socialists are communists

You are literally retarded.
>>
>>50855819
Sanders supported a public system of health insurance and public funding for universities. That's hardly the same as calling for communism. A big chunk of the western world already has those things, and while the US might find those things uncomfortable that doesn't make them communism.

>>50855852
He's not even a socialist, not really anyway. He just calls himself that because he supports things that get you labelled as one in the US, so he decided he might as well just wear it.
>>
>>50855877
> Sanders supported a public system of health insurance
> That's hardly the same as calling for communism.
That's exactly what communism is. Seizing private property in the name of the people is communism. Nationalizing entire industries is communism. Propping up parasites at the expense of the productive is communism.
> and public funding for universities.
Widespread indoctrination through the university system is a standard communist tactic.
> A big chunk of the western world already has those things
Just because the elites in Europe have rammed communism down their throats doesn't mean we should just accept it here.
>>
>>50840918
The Panther never beat the Sherman in practice. It never managed a favorable exchange rate for all that Wehraboos like yourself hype it up as a god machine.
>>
File: 1338537235236.gif (939KB, 180x155px) Image search: [Google]
1338537235236.gif
939KB, 180x155px
>>50855963
You whot mate?

No no no. Communism is seizing ALL private property. Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>50855963
>That's exactly what communism is.
No it isn't, you fucking moron.

>Seizing private property in the name of the people is communism.
Or Manifest Destiny.

>Widespread indoctrination through the university system is a standard communist tactic.
Also a church tactic for millennia. Also the reason we have the highest literacy rate in all of human history.

Get a fucking spine, you bitch. Indoctrination doesn't work once you've taught people how to critically think.

>Just because the elites in Europe have rammed communism down their throats doesn't mean we should just accept it here.
You're already accepting dat Conservative mind-dick. What's another cock in your throat at this point?
>>
GURPS actually does have modern operators traveling to a fantasy world, in the core book even. You can use a standard soldier template with the appropriate equipment for a JSDF template. The game does it well in that it mechanically reflects the differences between different levels of technology.
>>
>>50856008
> Or Manifest Destiny.
Natives had no private property. Manifest Destiny was simply moving in and putting the land to good use after millennia of neglect and mismanagement.

> Get a fucking spine, you bitch. Indoctrination doesn't work once you've taught people how to critically think.
> implying universities teach you to think critically
>>
>>50856006
>>50856008
You know i don't think we can convince him that his views are wrong. If he truly believes that public funding for universities is the same as indoctrination i think he has been filled with so much hate, misunderstanding and propaganda that he is beyond hope.
>>
>>50856048
>implying universities teach you to think critically
They actually do; liberal science courses just try to convince you to ignore it for select moments.

If you're smart, you won't.
>>
>>50856048
>Natives had no private property.
Correction: native Americans had a mature view of the world in which they didn't consider it possible to own it. They left the wild wild, and were some of the best conservationists this continent has ever had.

Teddy Roosevelt was inspired by it, and created the national parks system from that inspiration. I wish you had half his brainpower.
>>
File: no_exit.gif (410KB, 221x196px) Image search: [Google]
no_exit.gif
410KB, 221x196px
>>50856048
>implying universities teach you not to think critically

If you honestly believe that universities turn everyone in good goy drones, you might as well throw away your computer because if academic institutions cannot be trusted, then all science produced by such institutions cannot be trusted.

Clearly, quantum mechanics don't exist, computers do not work as advertized, physics isn't real and the entire world is fake.

The white race are pure energy beings enslaved by the reptilian demiurge in a material prison of lies, and only true aryan love can break these bonds.
>>
>>50856132
>They left the wild wild, and were some of the best conservationists this continent has ever had

Nice noble savage shit m8, you're aware that the muh pristine new world where the pilgrims arrived was basically a post-apocalyptic wasteland inhabited by the few redskins that were lucky enough to develop some resistance to the smallbox and other old world diseases.
>>
>>50856132
Well, there is some doubt about that.

There is some scarce evidence that the Americas were far more populated and cultivated than previously believed.

It is possible that the untamed wilds of the Americas were less of a conscious choice of native Americans, and more the aftereffects of the cataclysmic extinction of millions of native Americans and a total collapse of their cultures.

It's something to do with the chemical composition of the soil, some forests in the USA seem to have grown on places where there used to be huge grasslands, implying that native Americans cultivated those lands, and that those forests just grew there in the time the native culture went extinct.
And of course, the hypothesis that the Americas had far more inhabitants than previously believed, because maize and potato are such an effective food source, allowing you to grow much bigger populations with much lower tech levels than in Europe, Asia and Africa.
>>
>>50854416
>all those helmets not fitting/sitting correctly
Thank you, lindybeige
>>
>>50856183
>Nice noble savage shit m8
Nothing noble savage about it. They developed crop rotation a half millennia before colonists did. They left a lot of the wild alone for the sake of replenishment.

They were smart. Europeans came in and fucked up that balance... first with plagues, then with Manifest Destiny.

>>50856203
>There is some scarce evidence that the Americas were far more populated and cultivated than previously believed.
It had likely a billion residents before the plagues ran through them.

However, they utilized very advanced agricultural techniques a long time before the Europeans ever colonized. And did a lot to preserve populations of animals (there's evidence they may have almost overhunt the buffalo at some point in their past, but got their shit together long before Europe came).

In essence; yes they worked the land. But they had advanced a lot further and had a better understanding of how to handle the land than the Europeans did before they arrived. But then loldeath, all that advancement didn't help when 99% of their population was stricken with disease.
>>
>>50854402
Mr Minister, what about the countries mostly made up of darkies?
>>
>>50856251
>They developed crop rotation a half millennia before colonists did.
What.
>>
>>50856251
>They developed crop rotation a half millennia before colonists did.
>They left a lot of the wild alone for the sake of replenishment.
Eurasia has been practicing crop rotation since 6000 BC you nonce.
>>
>>50856344
None of them would have the realistic capability to send a team of operators to Japan with a reasonable hope of success

>realistic
>reasonable
I know, but still
>>
>>50856479
That depends.

If you send in the UN, quite a few African countries will be happy to send troops. The UN likes it too, because the people in those countries won't start crying "BRING DA TROOPS HOME!" the second two bluehelms drive their car over an IED.
>>
>>50856533
Yeah, but this is in reference to the ethnicity of operators operation operationally on Japanese clay, presumably without the knowledge of the UN or any of its member countries. A solo mission.
>>
>>50856582
>operation
Operating. Fuck you, iPad
>>
>>50856351
>>50856444
>Eurasia has been practicing crop rotation since 6000 BC you nonce.
And yet the west didn't start using land-replenishing cycles until Carver introduced them in the 19th century.

Not all crop rotation is equal, boss. I can glue a stick to two random walls, but it's not really "structural reinforcement".
>>
>>50856735
>And yet America didn't start using land-replenishing cycles until Carver introduced them in the 19th century.
Fixed.
>>
>>50856743
>And yet the west didn't start using land-replenishing cycles until Carver introduced them in the 19th century.
They were using them in the 9th century, dumbass. Leaving land fallow and using Nitrogen-fixing plants/legumes isn't some magical technique only the Native Americans knew about.
>>
>>50856797
meant for >>50856735
>>
>>50856594
An operation of operators operating operationally? Someone call /k/ ASAP.
>>
>>50856797
Do we have any idea of how big these soil cycles were in Europe?

Because if the soil samples in the Americas are really evidence of soil cycles and not just apocalyptic plague extinctions killing off entire civilizations, the native Americans have been doing soil cycling on an absurdly huge scale.

Then again, the Americas are absurdly big compared to Europe.
>>
>>50855578
>>50855571
>being on a Tibetan night market about board games
>calling anyone else a weeb
>calling anyone else autistic
Can we at least keep our shit-flinging sane
>>
>>50857624
Shut up before I kick your cup of yak butter tea over and throw you off the fucking mountain.

No one tells me how to do shit on a Tibetan night market.
>>
>>50856811
Same person, yo. I was correcting myself.
>>
>>50856154
>nor neing ironpilled enough to defeat Big Red
>>
>>50856533
Nope we don't. Thrid world countries need training and gear. It's all fun and games until you realise you have 2000ncongolese inbound for your peacekeeping operation that need shoes and tips to do basic jobs.
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.