[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please explain how is it that the Blood Ravens still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1462290906081.jpg (60KB, 673x696px) Image search: [Google]
1462290906081.jpg
60KB, 673x696px
Can someone please explain how is it that the Blood Ravens still exist when in all the Dawn of War games you see them dying all the time ?

I remember seeing DoW3 gameplay where a whole bunch of them get exploded and turned into giblets of blood.
Which is another thing, since when where Space Marines so squishy?
>>
>>50835009
Gameplay/story segregation.

It's why their fluff states they have loads of psykers and then they barely field any in game.
>>
>>50835009
Sacrificing gameplay over lore, which happens in the tabletop as well.

I mean imagine if you were forced to beat the game without losing whatever the cannon amount of units were in the fluff? I mean I don't doubt people would enjoy it, but personally I wouldn't.
>>
>>50835324
>when I start two sentences with "I mean."

Welp time for bed, see ya.
>>
>>50835009
they are gifted recruits from other chapters
>>
>>50835009
>since when where Space Marines so squishy?
since always

the game space marine set an unrealistic standard
>>
One of the books implies they don't have the same recruiting standards as other chapters. One initiate even has a tentacle hand; the conclusion of the Dark Crusade novel was Gabriel Angelos being all like, "no problem man, we're pretty fucked rn, get on the ship" and then nothing happens. It is completely canon that some of the Blood Ravens are mutants.
>>
Magnus keeps resupplying them
>>
>>50835491
How many chapters are they pulling from? 10? 20?

Is the sole reason the codex exist because of the Blood Ravens? Do they alone eat up so many troops that other space marine chapters train recruits for them?
>>
>>50835647

>No problem my mane we have a war to win

kek
>>
>>50835647
I hope you're not taking the words of Leprechauns at face value.
They're trickster spirits, m8.
>>
>>50835009
What these anons >>50835115 >>50835324 said

>>50835616
Novels had put unrealistic standards well before this vidya did.
How old is the Movie Marine statline? No trick question, I have no idea and I'm genuinely curious

>>50835647
aren't these novels considered shit and erased from the majority of headcannons though?
>>
>>50835658
>Magbus feels guilty about being the 40k equivalent of a deadbeat dad, so gives the Ravens all their "gifts"
>over time, the gifts and the few glimpses m people get of him merge with old Terran legends of a jolly man in red leaving presents
>the nature of the warp influences Magnus
>Magnus' new powers allow him to break free of Tzeentch's grasp and become The Grimdark Father Christmas
>Abaddon lives in terror of the day Magnus finally gets up to his position on the Naughty list
>>
>>50835009
Blood Ravens have seen some shit. Don't know how they can justify the third DOW game.
>>
File: 40keks.jpg (196KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
40keks.jpg
196KB, 780x780px
>>50837576
This is funnier than it has any right to be. I think I need sleep.
>>
>>50835009
It is very, very hard to kill a marine for realsies if his friends cover for him long enough to evac the wounded ones. Probably, unless Gorgutz gets a grip on them and tears them into little chunks, they limp off from the battlefield, get taken back to an apothecary, get their bits replaced and go back to the front
>>
>>50835009
Sus-an Membrane exists, it makes marines enter in a state of suspended animation after a heavy wound, so they can survive until the apothecaries rescue and heal them. This counts for all marines, unless the plot demands otherwise.
>>
File: headcannon.png (331KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
headcannon.png
331KB, 600x600px
>>50836663
>headcannons
>>
>>50837623
Well, they seem to consider the DoW2:R Space Marine ending canon, since Gabriel Angelos is alive and is their Chapter Master. I don't remember the details of this cinematic but I think they said Angelos rebuilt the chapter on solid bases

>>50838017
sorry, anon. There's only one "n" in my main language, and I always forget which of your can(n)ons takes a single "n".
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.