[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been interested in 40k for a long time. Love the starcraft universe,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: christmas time.png (236KB, 614x466px) Image search: [Google]
christmas time.png
236KB, 614x466px
Been interested in 40k for a long time. Love the starcraft universe, so I figures I'll love the big boys version too. Too damn poor to afford the tabletop stuff, so I picked this up instead. Am I in for a good time?
>>
>>50825389
Not in the slightest. 40k has gone to shit, leave now while you still can.
>>
I mean, that's a pretty mixed bag, but generally speaking you'll probably find something to like.
>>
>>50825407
You dumbass, at least read the thread. He's picked up the video games, not the wargame.
>>
>>50825389

Pirate some old stuff. Rites of War is a Panzer General clone, but 1000% better than the recent Armaggedon. Plus Eldar as the main campaign faction!

Chaos Gate is 40k X-com. Old X-com, not NeuXcom. You get 50 marines and you gotta win. No reinforcements. It's kind of awesome.

Final Liberation. It's Epic. Free a world from Orks! Use Titans! Enjoy awesome yet terrible FMVs! Cry when you realize the planned expansions never materialized!

Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels and Space Crusade are cool, but they require a far more.... retro-focused taste to be enjoyed.

Regarding the endless amount of crap thrown out in recent times, it's pretty much all crap. Armageddon is crap. The last TB Space Hulk is crap. Mobile games are kinda crap (buy Templar Battleforce instead, it's like 40k fanfiction but with good gameplay!).
>>
>>50825422
Oh yeah, just saw that, nvm my bad. Yeah that stuff should be fun.
>>
>>50825422

Shows how retarded the 40k bashers are.
>>
>>50825389
If you like strategy, hell yes. Dawn of War: Dark Crusade is probably the best game out of that lot, although if you want more factions or bigger campaign map try Soulstorm. I personally loved DoW2 and the Chaos Rising Campaigns.

I know fuck all about Space Marine.

DoW2 retribution is skipable.
>>
>>50828780

>when 40k hate becomes natural
>>
The Dawn of War games are great RTS's. Space Marine isn't anything special in the wide world of shooters IMO. You are doing good.
>>
>>50825389
I recommend spending some time on http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_40k_Wiki

40k has been around for over 30 years now. The lore has gotten pretty deep. Also, pick up some of Dan Abnett's 40K books.
>>
File: 1479051766051.jpg (55KB, 624x699px) Image search: [Google]
1479051766051.jpg
55KB, 624x699px
>>50829767

Space Marine doesn't do anything super unique aside from removing chest-high cover mechanics in favor of more aggressive, if a bit slow gameplay. I will say that the pace kept me engaged and the six or so hours it took me to get through the campaign on hard flew by because of how often gear becomes available.
>>
Dawn of War is what got me into 40k in the first place.

Dawn of War 1 and its expansions are a traditional base building RTS, Dawn of War 2 has a better single player campaign. RTS boss battles are weird af, though.
>>
>>50831857
Those bosses suck- massive HP sponges that make no narrative sense. Weakest part of an otherwise pretty good game, I thought.
>>
>>50825389
Spess Mehreen was a good game. Final boss was a bit of a letdown and the multiplayer is most likely deader than a fat kid's chances of getting laid but the game is definitely fun as fuck.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.