[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/, I need your help. I'm no stranger to TTRPGs, I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Because He Said He Would.png (620KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Because He Said He Would.png
620KB, 1920x1080px
/tg/, I need your help. I'm no stranger to TTRPGs, I've played in several campaigns before, but this right here is a first. I'm GMing for the first time. For a group of people who've never played TTRPGs before. Now, I invited these guys to try it because we're all in an Improv group together and they're amazing at acting and coming up with interesting stuff on the fly. Basically I feel that they're perfect roleplayer material. But this is my first real campaign that I'm GMing, and I'm nervous. So I guess I'm asking for tips and pitfalls to avoid when GMing for the first time.

It's a 3rd edition Mutants and Masterminds campaign, and the players are playing low-level (power level 8) supervillains. The plot is that they're all sharing a prison transfer van that's taking them to a newly established prison for supervillains that just got constructed in a high-tech city in another part of the country. An NPC present in the van tries to strike up a conversation, and mentions he's got contacts with what he says is the big hitter of the criminal underworld of this city. Once the van gets into the city, it gets upended by a monstrous kaiju-esque villain that's rampaging through the city, and the guards get incapacitated. So the party have a chance to escape, and the NPC offers to lend them a hand and get them settled. (Cont.)
>>
(2/2) Once the party manage to get to the hideout of the crime boss, while avoiding the local heroes that are fighting the kaiju, the crime boss reveals that her group of villain henchmen just got bagged by the local heroes a few days back, and she's been needing some hired help for a plan to bust them out. She points out that, having just escaped from a prison van within city limits, the party is going to be the first on the shitlist of the local heroes. So if the party agrees, they'll get a place to stay for a while, some good pay, and the crime boss will run interference for them until they bust out her gang, at which point she'll be drawing more of a target than the party. So all in all, a good deal. Their first mission is to go retrieve the crime boss's assistant/tailor, who's been apprehended by a local small-time gang.

That's what I've got planned out so far. What should I keep in mind while doing prep, and while actually running this? I wanna make the best TTRPG experience possible for my group.
>>
Okay, I'll bump this just once.
>>
That is an awful lot of planning for an improv group.
>>
Expect the players to do something you don't expect up to and including ignoring the plot hook.

Would probably help things if you went over a basic premise with the players to establish what kind of game got want to run for them to help give them an idea of how to char build

Always roll with the punches when you can, sometimes a really fun plot can come from the players poking around at the things you didn't intend them to poke
>>
Is the drive a long one in terms of in game time? You should never expect players to sit quietly for any amount of time so unless you want them to atempt to escape befor they even reach the city you should just start the game of already there.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.