[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 28

File: aa.jpg (315KB, 1697x2236px) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
315KB, 1697x2236px
Previous Thread: >>50792901
>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/now-available-beast-ready-made-characters-and-wallpaper/
http://theonyxpath.com/now-available-secrets-festivals-and-whirlwinds/
www.drivethrurpg.com/product/199280/Secrets-of-the-Covenants?affiliate_id=498510
http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/aml96KdG/file.html
>Mage 2e Errata
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view?usp=sharing
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/looking-back-the-onyx-path-2016-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
Do you throw in any bizarre conspiracy theories or obscure myths in your games? (lizardmen controlling the world, Time Cube, Glycon etc...)
>>
What's a time cube?
>>
>>50814720
>Do you throw in any bizarre conspiracy theories or obscure myths in your games?
I play mostly Mage. That shit is my bread and butter for developing new plot-hooks.

Chemtrails are a conspiracy by the panopticon to infect the oneiros of the people below, etc.
>>
Hey, I know that cWoD is out of fashion but the scans in the second pastebin are kinda spotty. There's a lot of pages missing from the Times of Judgement one, does anyone have a different scan?
>>
>>50814952
What about playable Lasombra antitribu or Assamite schismatics? If it's all Camarilla, all the time, I think it'd be cool to include all of the Camarilla's faces.
>>
File: 1474127852914.png (435KB, 687x929px)
1474127852914.png
435KB, 687x929px
Reminder that Sin-Eaters, Beasts and Mummys are the trifecta of overpowered splats that need nerfs. None of those three should be able to beat an uratha one on one.
>>
>>50815204

But which one is the strongest
>>
>>50815204
Nobody plays them so it's academic.
>>
>>50815240
Mage.
>>
Would anybody open-minded mind taking a look at my GM notes for a nWoD campaign I plan on running next year?

I've successfully DMed D&D and M&M before, but I'm rather new to the nWoD system, which is why I'm asking.
>>
>>50815277
Actually an Uratha pack by far is the strongest splat. A demon going loud is second strongest.
>>
>>50815356
Define 'open-minded' I'll critique your campaign if you want. But if you got a couple folders of werewolf fisting art ....
>>
>>50815204

Drinking in furry tears since the 90s.
>>
>>50815399

Oh, right, the open-minded bit.

It's a crossover game of Mage, Hunter, and Princess. And the setting is the humanized spin-off of the show that cannot be mentioned due to GR15.

That being said, if you want to rip into it, I would appreciate it.

Campaign Outline
http://pastebin.com/20riGxgb

Mission One Outline
http://pastebin.com/R0SMCfTn

Faction Outlines
http://pastebin.com/9tny0V08

Basically, I want to make sure I'm not being too D&D-y. Some people saw my 1st Mission outline last thread and said it was too railroady, but I know my players, so that's one issue I don't need to worry about it.

Also, werewolf fisting is gross.
>>
>>50814952
But "normal mode of play" is dumb. Conflict drives a story, and the faction conflict of Bloodlines was poorly done, but far from where it went wrong.

>>50814532
A Chronicles of Darkness game instead. More consistent tone. I think a Telltale style game would be good. A lot of roleplaying games these days where you create your own character don't really NEED the run and gun style control scheme that they do. Mass Effect's story for instance, could be a lot better served by a different system, or completely minimizing the actual combat completely (which is what one of the people involved in Mass Effect suggested, but then again she was biased, since she was one of the writers).

I think a big focus on the actual roleplaying is the important part, but due to the problems with scale, a lot of games can't afford to make large expansive games.

Then again, Shadowrun Returns has been successful by scaling back. No sound, no cutscenes, relatively simple models. Lots of character choice and roleplaying (Dragonfall especially, though I hear Hong Kong is even better).
I wonder if there are any WoD modules for Shadowrun Returns...

>>50815204
>None of those three should be able to beat an uratha one on one.
Why?
Also, what about Demons or Prometheans, both of whom can beat a Uratha one on one? And even Frenzying Vampires?
>>
TIL that Minds Eye Theater is the most commercially successful LARP (5:08, since 4chan doesn't tend to embed timecodes)
https://youtu.be/SUYb29YV47w?t=308
>>
>>50815473
Holy macaroni
>>
http://theonyxpath.com/hurt-locker-droning-on-and-on/

Oh hey, here's the Drone rules that didn't make it into Hurt Locker.
>>
>>50815204
Anybody can beat anybody given the right set of circumstances.
>>
>>50815481
>A Chronicles of Darkness game instead.
Ew, why?

I also don't know about the Telltale thing; I've tried Telltale Batman and wasn't exactly impressed.
>>
>>50815617
>liking oWoD
>>
>>50815650
Don't get me wrong, I prefer nWoD for everything outside Vampire and Werewolf. But since I kind of gravitate to Vampire and Werewolf, the balance is tilted towards oWoD.
>>
File: princesscat.jpg (21KB, 324x244px)
princesscat.jpg
21KB, 324x244px
>>50815473
>Princess
PRINCESS!

Mission outline looks fine. It's like those SAS stories they made. One thing I'll note is the the time stamps probably wouldn't be important unless you're a time chase or something. So I'd make it a bit more vague and open the the window. so you're not crunched. AS in: early evening late after noon midnightish witching hour. A general time frame so events can be moved around without too much trouble.
>>
>>50815617
It would be easier to make a game like Bloodlines in Requiem - for one thing you have multiple sects that aren't automatically at each other's throats and you're not predisposed to one or another by clan, so the player walks in on a more nuanced political scene with meaningful sides to pick.
>>
>>50815204
Fuck off, a freshly awakened Mummy should be a threat for a whole pack of Uratha. Having earthshaking powers when they're at their least human and reasonable is like their whole thing.
>>
>>50815617
I haven't played Batman, but I... think I've played Walking Dead? I can't actually remember. I know I've seen it, at least, and I could have sworn I played episode one; it was a really good story.
I at least played something similar, even if I can't remember what it was. And I recently finished episode 1 of Life is Strange.

Also, Chronicles because I just overall feel it's a better setting, and a better place to set personal stories as opposed to stories that deal with the metaplot baggage like Bloodlines did. Also, like >>50815823 says, there's just a lot of things that make Requiem better for roleplaying.

A game where you're given multiple factions and have to balance all of them is a lot more interesting than a game where you choose one.
>>
>>50815204
In my experience they rarely can. Its hard to deal with heals all damage at the start of every round
>>
>>50815846
Onyx Path must have stole this from the new Mummy movie
>>
>>50815881
if they know how werewolves work it's easy enough for a lot of supers to stay out of reach until the Gauru timer ticks down.
>>
>>50815917
>World of Darkness took an idea from a Universal monster movie
Shocking.
>>
>>50815920
>the Gauru timer ticks down.
I don't think *you* know how werewolves work.
>>
>>50815846
Really? What can mummys do? Never played that splat.
>>
>>50815755

Time stamps are there because a) my players can get carried away with the most minor details (what time is it now? What is the security guard wearing? How many steps does the staircase has? etc) but also because I want the first leg of the campaign to conclude on Halloween/Nightmare Night.

Other than that, any issues with the factions? The aura I want to create about the town of Twin Lakes is that all of a sudden, all the supernatural factions are interested in it, because there's a portal to an entirely new world there.
>>
>>50815917

New Mummy 2e Utterance: the ability to turn off background music.
>>
>>50816064
ok so you kind of got a time chase you need to players to end up at.

As far as the Campaigen outline. You've got a good skeleton. You've got a line that maps to their theme that works and can be built when the players interest turn to it. I would create another line about what the singular groups basic goal is. If they have one.

I'm more interested in the mood and theme. You trying for Halloween town or 30days of night?

And if you don't particularly want to dive too deep into all the political day to day city stuff. The shortcut and legend with the groups seems fine

I always like Cheiron as a Team Rocketish villains.

What set up you using? roll20? skype? Discord?
>>
>>50815998
you caught me, I haven't even looked at Forsaken 2e
>>
>>50816406

The two campaign ideas are:
I) Fate of Two Worlds
II) Everybody is moving in.

Basically, the setting is that. of Equestria girls, but with a more realistic approach to stuff. So stuff like injuries and cursing will happen. Death... possible but very unlikely, at least for the Mortals. At the same time, it's meant to invoke the kind of "weird mystery" feeling, a la Twin Peaks, only with the main characters being able to push back a bit.

The first part will be the local crime family making a deal with the Darkspawn of Princess (who are actually Abyssal intruders) so that they can strike back against the Vampires and Seers muscling in on their own turf. That is the backdrop. The actual stuff for the players is that they need to find the main Portal to the Shadow, and shut it down. However, this leg will culminate with the invasion of the Canterlot University for Gifted Individuals.

Another source of inspiration for me was the Secret World.

Yeah, the Cheiron are bad guys, because they're "icky" enough to not fit into the EQG universe. We're gonna be using Discord and Roll20.
>>
>>50816464
Even in 1e, the timer isn't until they suddenly stop being able to be a murder machine. It's where they stop being able to control themselves. And generally by the time they get to the point where they're on a timer, you're already crippled and trapped.
>>
>>50814720
That is the ugliest werewolf I've seen in AGES.
>>
>>50814720
>Do you throw in any bizarre conspiracy theories or obscure myths in your games? (lizardmen controlling the world, Time Cube, Glycon etc...)

I'm currently running a game where the Guardians have a Labyrinth based on OOPARTS. They base it on the fact that such things can genuinely be remnants of the Time Before.
The people are still nuts, but enlightened and useful nuts.
>>
>>50815240
If we assume equal XP:
Physical combat? Vampires
Hax-based combat? Mages.
>>
>>50815617
Fun fact, regarding the OP picture; Jim Butcher has mentioned being open to a Dresden Files adventure game in the style of the Telltale ones.
>>
>>50816678
I want this. Give me a source.
>>
>>50816548
No Shame Mate I ran that game. It was great

Mage building her cult makes a bargain with a dream spirit to help her failing school. enter the main six infighting of the first movie. Discord spirit feeding off the mutual hatred being spread around by the traitor

Discord Trent #6675
>>
>>50816704
Fuck.. he mentioned it in a Q&A back around the Skin Game promo tour.
Someone asked him if he were open to Dresden Files or Codex Alera video games. He said he was, and then elaborated that he'd love to see "One of those Telltale-style game, where it turns out a choice you made at the start inevitably led Chtulhu to eat you by the end."

Or something along those lines. He might've said "like the Wolf Among Us" or something like that. I am CERTAIN about the Chtulhu part though.
>>
> Obligatory request to share Secrets of the Covenants (and hearty thank you for Hurt Locker)
>>
>>50815204
Mummies should be able to beat anything one-on-one, at least when it first wakes up. The whole trope with the mummy is "disturbing its rest means you are irrevocably fucked".

Uratha also aren't one-on-one fighters; their whole deal revolves around how well the pack works as a unit.

If you're figuring out how powerful werewolves are based on a strict one-on-one fight you're already approaching it wrong.
>>
>>50815481
>But "normal mode of play" is dumb. Conflict drives a story, and the faction conflict of Bloodlines was poorly done, but far from where it went wrong.
Are you implying a "standard" Vampire: the Masquerade game is free of conflict?

Do you understand how Vampires work?

Any time you have more than one Vampire in a room you have conflict.
>>
One thing that weirds me out with mummies is... Well. Starting characters are still weak, even at newly awakened.
>>
>>50815617
There were only two good telltale movies. Walking Dead season 1 and The Wolf Among Us.

And even TWAU fell apart towards the end, it only earns a top spot because playing scumbag Bigby is one of the most rewarding things in a telltale game. Fuck those weirdos obsessed with Clem, being a corrupt sheriff with a penchant for kicking the shit out of people is much more rewarding.
>>
>>50819201
TWAU also earned top marks for me because I really like werewolves.
>>
So, one of my players suggested "Sanctity of Humanity", that is, you get refunded the xp that it costs to buy it up when you fall. (Also applies to Integrity).
The argument here is that he doesn't want it to be punishing to spend XP to raise it.
I just feel it feels a bit iffy. It feels like rewarding people for acting monstrous.
Opinions?
>>
>>50819201
>two good telltale movies
Calling them "movies" tells quite a lot about their quality as a game.
>>
>>50820429
Yeah if you dont like the story you're going to hate them because thats all they have going for them, and is also why they're so easy to cock up because there just isnt any other selling point to fall back on like with other games.
>>
>>50820341
This would work in the instance that you tightly control how and when he CAN buy it up. I do something similar where my players get back half the xp they spent on integrity if they fall within a few sessions, but it's a hunter game and after integrity 3 or so you cant buy it up without doing something to strongly reaffirm your connection to the "sane" world.
>>
>>50820534
Yeah. We were talking about doing stuff like Mage's "Must take Raise Wisdom as Obsession".

The big thing I worry about isn't buying back up though, it's players acting deliberately monstrous to free up XP.
>>
>>50820341
I wouldn't allow that. There is a reason why they scratched starting with lower Humanity in exchange for exp.
>>
>>50820551
>There is a reason why they scratched starting with lower Humanity in exchange for exp.

Eh, I'm certain I saw that mentioned in a sidebar somewhere in 2e...
>>
>>50820546
Ahh, I mean. I would question if you think your players are that shitty as to act out of character to get some XP
>>
>>50820596
I'd say give them half if anything, acting shitty is it's own reward.
>>
>>50820596
I don't THINK they would, but I wouldn't want to encourage shitty behaviour.
>>
>>50815124
What about cute Samedi sluts?
>>
>>50820534
Another reason why not allow it is double dipping. One already gets beats for breaking points, why should you get even more exp for failing them?

>>50820561
>Eh, I'm certain I saw that mentioned in a sidebar somewhere in 2e...
You are wrong.
>>
>>50815998
Don't they die of age? I thought that's what Anon meant.
>>
>>50820429
>>50820429
>Calling them "movies" tells quite a lot about their quality as a game.
No, it tells a lot about how dismissive people are when it comes to interaction that isn't so instant and direct.
>>
>>50820819
No, he clearly meant playing keep-away, which is silly when you're talking about creatures that can smell the invisible and throw cars.
>>
>>50820874
Anon, telltale games arent games, they're visual novels with qtes. Theres no shame in it, but calling them games is laughable.
>>
>>50820802
>cute
>Samedi
I can see Cappadocians being able to pull off the Corpse Bride look, maybe, but the Samedi are too rotten for it.
>>
>>50821052
>Hating on literaly dust
I don't know why I actually like their discipline.
>>
>>50815261
This guy gets it.
>>
Why does everyone hate ravnos?Not talking about in-lore.What's your opinion about them?
I swear the ST's here hate them more than the players too
>>
>>50821012
No it isn't. It's a story that uses the language of games and the platform of games to tell that story. It's a game.
>>
>>50821169
Let's put aside that they're based on actual racial stereotypes.
Their Clan Flaw is literally "must be an annoying asshole".

Why do you think people would hate them.
>>
>>50821169
Well, "racist caricatures" and "literally compelled by the Beast into dickery" are both fairly damning.
>>
>>50821181
>>50821182
Ravnos are basically vampire kender, minus the developer shilling.
>>
>>50821171
No it isnt. The qtes are superfluous just like they were in heavy rain and the actual dialogue choices have been done plenty of times in VAs before.

Hell the overly simplistic, vestigial point and click gameplay, the only part that 'uses the platform of games' adds nothing to the experience. Calling it a point and click is an insult to point and clicks.
>>
>>50820546
The XP freed up can only be spend on raising Humanity/Integrity back up. Problem fixed.
>>
>>50815602
>There’s a Style Merit for drone piloting, but we didn’t detail any drones. There were a few reasons for that. One was space. Another was that the drone style just sort of came out of a writer’s idea pile, but we didn’t really make room to elaborate. We figured people would take those ideas and run with them a bit.
>But, it’s the holiday season, I’m feeling generous
>Feeling generous
Holy fuck. Way to not admit it was a dumb fuck move of you to not include drone rules in the first place
>>
>>50821324
Added to that, the drone control style was stupid as fuck.
>>
>>50821324
I find it funny that there were sections about Ableism and how to use Online Harassment, but drones, actual weapons, had to be taken out for additional space.
>>
>>50821324
The entire post was about how it was a dumb move. Do you really need it spelled out?

>>50821505
It's almost as if people have different values and focus than you do.
Also, bitching about the Online Harassment part is stupid when that's part of a larger section about how to use each and every skill for violence and abuse. Drones weren't taken out, Drone Control was created without drones actually being a thing.
>>
File: Buster Brown.jpg (231KB, 900x1369px)
Buster Brown.jpg
231KB, 900x1369px
>>50821595
>It's almost as if people have different values and focus than you do.

It's almost like I bought a book about violence to expand the violent options in my games. But fuck me, right?
>>
>>50821595
>The entire post was about how it was a dumb move. Do you really need it spelled out?
Have you read the blog-post. That is definitely not the tone taken by Hill. It is far from apologetic.
>>
>>50821638
Then why are you complaining that it gave you exactly that?
>>
>>50821847
Because I'd rather they give me more of what I bought the book for than anything else. I purchased this book with the understanding it would be all about violence rather than some kind of disability politics.

The fact that most angers me isn't that there is some form of political writing within (even one I agree with). It disturbs me that game mechanics were cut from a game book while other things were not. Why put in the style merits for drones, and then not include any drones?
>>
>>50821939
Someone had to make a tough editorial decision, anon: include rules that would make the mechanical options in the book actually nonsensical... Or provide a platform for some Social Justice Warrior to preach to the choir about how they still aren't just quite tolerant enough.

The choice was clear.
>>
Seriously people. If you hate OPP as much as you seem to do, why do you continue playing their games?
Ah, of course. No one here actually plays any games. I almost forgot.
>>
>>50821939
No, I don't want to talk about the Ableism section, which I feel is important as part of that broader section. I want to know why you're complaining about the Online Harassment rules (especially when you're not also complaining about the Offline Harassment rules), which is... a way to expand the violent options in your games.
You're complaining that the game gave you something you wanted it to give you. You're also complaining about the game giving *other* people what they want the games to give them.

As for "why cut drones", it doesn't seem like drone rules actually existed to begin with, and it was more of a spur of the moment "throw it in for kicks" sort of thing.

>>50821989
>wah wah, those SJWs ruin everything
Complaining about Onyx Path being too SJW is like complaining that MYFAROG is too nationalist. If that's your complaint, you're really playing the wrong game.
>>
File: LaughingDrax.jpg (36KB, 670x276px)
LaughingDrax.jpg
36KB, 670x276px
So, I've just red the Deadpan merit's description...

BWAHAHAHA!

Does that mean that Sleepwalkers can be completely immune to the Beast's powers?
>>
>>50821939
>(even one I agree with)
This is what bugs me when Aspel or other like minded people argue. I consider myself a progressive and can understand a lot of what these little sidebars or paragraphs are saying. But that doesn't mean its not distracting and annoying.
When I get a game book all I want are the rules and information about the setting. That's it. Everything else just feels like wasted space and time.
>>
>>50822028
And yet I've never gotten butthurt about a sidebar, including sidebars that literally dismiss my views.
>When I get a game book all I want are the rules and information about the setting. That's it. Everything else just feels like wasted space and time.
You need to understand that you are not the sole audience. For other people, they are interested in things that go beyond the mechanics and setting. For instance, I'm going to make the assumption that you skip the chapter fiction. I mean, I generally do. Sometimes I read it, but honestly I think Promethean 2e is where I read the most, because The Great Work and the Rambles were interesting. Most of the time? Eh, take it or leave it. Wouldn't really bother me if the chapter fictions didn't exist.
But I still understand why they're there. I don't go complaining about their existence. Because I understand that they're not for me.

>>50822021
Any of them that rely solely on causing them fear. I'd say that most Nightmares still happen, since they're all about causing hallucinations as opposed to just go "you're afraid now" (same with the Nightmare Discipline), but they'd be treated as +2 Composure.
Deadpan won't save you against rending claws or fire breath.
>>
>>50822153
>For instance, I'm going to make the assumption that you skip the chapter fiction.
Like the little stories they have at the start of chapters? That shit is always awesome. Or atleast I don't remember reading a bad one.
>>
>>50822153

That's stupid. I'm not the guy you're replying to, but you're wrong.

Because complaining about this sort of shit is what gets devs and crap to pay attention and fix their mistakes. Meaning that if you want to see more of the stuff YOU like you need to complain about stuff you don't and praise the stuff you do.

Granted, probably not on 4chan, but on the White Wolf forums, but that's a different story.
>>
>>50822211
That's just an example, I know a lot of people do. My point still stands: the books are written for multiple people with multiple wants.

>>50822225
>Meaning that if you want to see more of the stuff YOU like you need to complain about stuff you don't and praise the stuff you do.
First off, no one here praises anything.
Second off, I think it's pretty clear that Onyx Path are not interested in listening to people going "stop being so SJW". I have as much chance of convincing Varg Vikernes to stop trying to use his own reinterpretations of Norse Paganism to advocate white supremecy and nationalism than anon has of convincing OPP to stop being "SJW".

Third: I told Hill last night that we didn't have drone rules (and droned on about the Vampire Banes). I also like sections about Ableism and how Mages are privileged rich people and how the True Fae are a good metaphor not for victimizers but for the social systems that create and protect them.

The game is "SJW" and it turns out some people aren't gnashing their teeth at that.
The fact that so many people can't seem to deal with that but still want to devote their time to bitching about it boggles my mind. But then again, like the other anon said... >>50822009
>Ah, of course. No one here actually plays any games. I almost forgot.
>>
>>50822427
>how the True Fae are a good metaphor not for victimizers but for the social systems that create and protect them.
And here I thought it was just a cool twist on old school Faerie tales. But no everything has to be a fucking metaphor. Well good thing I can just ignore it.
>>
File: 1473098765540.png (84KB, 480x280px)
1473098765540.png
84KB, 480x280px
>>50815678
>VtM
>>
>>50822588
Both vampires are cool, shut up.
>>
>>50822009
>>50822427

It's not like you two play all that often either, so it's not really a burn as much as it is a common ground.

Also congrats on your new upcoming OPP freelance job, Aspel.
>>
>>50822009
It's the closest thing there is to a Nasuverse RPG. That's literally the only reason.
>>
Anyone willing to share the Tome of Secrets for V20/VDA20?
>>
>>50822427
I liked the games under White Wolf. They preached, too, but they knew how to keep it in their ideological pants. There's a big difference between discussing the themes of the setting in a way that pushes an agenda (usually in-universe anyway) and dedicating half a page to speaking to the reader in the second person to tell them how they aren't being tolerant enough just yet. Not even Werewolf: The Apocalypse got so stupid with its enviromentalism.
>>
>>50822633
>It's not like you two play all that often either

What makes you say that? I have a weekly game, so I do most certainly play it all the time.

>>50822649
I... Suppose I could see the similarities, with the God Machine, and all magic being really weird physics, that energies unknown to science move through...
But why is that a plus?
(Also, despite replying to two people, no, I'm not Aspel.)
>>
File: 1472155798409.png (76KB, 339x473px)
1472155798409.png
76KB, 339x473px
>>50822890
>But why is that a plus?
It's a good setting with a competent writer behind it. The author doesn't even preach about his political views in his work, and I've seen people here say that it's impossible for writers to keep that kind of thing in their pants, so that's pretty impressive, isn't it?
>>
>>50823013
>It's a good setting with a competent writer behind it.
The big stumbling block for me is genderbending King Arthur. I just can't accept that.
>>
Why the fuck is there so much Promethean in the Dark Eras Companion?
And why so little Vampire?
It is the unquestioningly biggest game line, yet it only gets a tack-on to a Promethean one?
Seriously, The whole Companion reads like a guide to games you don't play.
Two Mummy (one with Mage tacked on, so it's something), THREE Promethean (One with VTR tacked on), then Geist, Demon, Werewolf and Mortal.
It's as if they specifically went out of their way to avoid having any of the actually popular games. (Vampire, Changeling, Hunter)
>>
Another question:

How does TFV view regular Mages? I'm trying to find references to actual opinions and policies, but all I get is weapons. More importantly, how come TFV and the Pentacles don't ally?
>>
>>50822427

Oh, so you're just a shill.

Fuck off and die you stupid cunt. Your kind is not welcome here and your opinion is invalid. Go back to sucking Mohammed's dick.
>>
>>50823051
I'm more bothered about how much they changed King Arthur's personality.

Also Fate Grand Order can go fuck itself with a rusty spoon.

Attila the Hun: I don't care they made her a woman, but I do hate that there wish is to live a normal life AND they made her a woman.

Ramses: Isn't even Ramses, he's just Egypt guy. Ramses is the equivalent of turning Imhotep into a servant and then giving him the power set of Imhotep from The Mummy.

Solomon: His motivation turns him into wizard Gilgamesh except not interesting and even more overpowered somehow. Solomon deserved better than that.
>>
>>50823107
>Why the fuck is there so much Promethean in the Dark Eras Companion?

Fans voted on the different eras, including through specific pledges.

I assume that the less supported games like Mummy and Promethean are over-represented is because the fans were desperate for new material and were willing to pay for it.
>>
>>50822890

I know you're not Aspel cause you actually play on the regular, hey-oh!

Anyways, even the folks in this thread with little criticisms don't seem to have the chance to play it, which is fine, RPGs have more logistics than most media. So it's more just a general state that you can throw on any opinion someone has that the other person doesn't like.

>>50823013

>It's a good setting with a competent writer

Oh, so you only run Fate/Zero inspired games, cool.
>>
File: BlackEyeAnime.jpg (150KB, 1252x1252px)
BlackEyeAnime.jpg
150KB, 1252x1252px
>>50821505
>Online Harassment
Why? nothing online matters
>>
>>50823265
I didn't honestly get far enough to get that annoyed. When I first checked out the first FS/N anime, it intrigued me. Mages summoning souls of ancient heroes? Sign me up!
But the personality of the main character, and the fact that they turned King Arthur into a woman made me drop that shit.
>>
>>50823107
Blame the voters and one of the people who bought the rights to help create a Dark Era.

The 30 Years War should have been about Werewolves. I want to see how they function when everything is constantly being fucked up by war. Also do to witch hunt being hugely popular and all the Wounds caused by war it could have had the Bale Hounds be the main antagonist.
>>
>>50823287

I know I'm one of those desperate Mummy starved people, so I'm happy. Hopefully the "meanwhile" sidebars in the setting will serve as an effective spring board for the settings with more popular lines.
>>
>>50822495
Actually, the True Fae have always been a pretty fucking clear metaphor for abusers. Hurt Locker just offers a different way to contextualize that metaphor.
If you don't like the themes of the game, you don't actually like the game. You just like your own interpretation of the game.

>>50822633
I'm supposed to be in a game, actually. Although I wonder if the ST actually wants to run it... then again, it is the holidays.
Also was that sarcasm or did you actually think I got picked up as a freelancer?

>>50822649
wut

>>50822712
>they knew how to keep it in their ideological pants
No they didn't. They were worse about it, more overt, and their political views were more simplistic. Apocalypse was worse than anything "preachy" from nWoD or CofD. The entire setting and system was meant to reinforce a worldview. It was literally fucking propaganda.

>>50823051
It's not actually that important, even though they reuse the "an ancient hero was actually a girl" trope too often.

>>50823107
Vampire doesn't need as much. And just because you don't play them doesn't mean anything.
I don't know why people don't understand this, but they are not the sole audience for these games.

Also, what are the Companion games? What Promethean/Vampire crossover is there? That sounds interesting. I wonder if we'll get Vampmetheans.
>>
>>50823234
>How does TFV view regular Mages? How come TFV and the Pentacles don't ally?

First, the Quiescence makes any alliance extremely difficult and dangerous.

Second, because ALL Awakened mages are very dangerous, and to the extent TFV knows about them, their breadth of abilities, many quite subtle like mind control, would engender extreme paranoia, not a desire for an alliance.

And third, note that the Pentacle are not really the "good guys." While as a group, they're definitely better than the Seers, but that's a really low bar. Moreover, individual mages, Consilia, Orders, cabals, etc., can certainly be aggressive and manipulative assholes who care little for the Sleeper baboons.
>>
>>50823335

The keyword is "upcoming".
>>
>>50823298
I like Shiro once he gets character development. I could write a huge paper about how the word "hero" has changed over the millennia and how that's shown in Fate/Stay Night.
>>
>>50823265
The interesting thing is that if you actually get into the plot (especially in supplementary works like Fate Zero) Arthur's woman-ness has almost nothing to do with the character. She's an interesting angle on the myth not because she's a woman but because she examines the whole concept of the King as an ideal vs. the King as a human. The tragedy in her story stems from the fact that she became so much of a King she stopped being Human, and ultimately that exact same conviction ironically made her a poor ruler. She's a woman, in that regard, mostly because it highlights the contrasts (women are expected to be more emotional and empathetic, so it's more "unsettling" for a woman to be depicted as detached and emotionless). Nasu's Arthur is at her WORST during her very own game's Fate route because that's the one instance of the series where she drops her whole native conflict, personality and themes in order to become the waifu she was never meant to be.

Literally. The original plan for the game had Arthur be a man and "Shirou" be a girl named Ayane. The studio told Nasu this wouldn't sell sex games, so changes were made.
>>
>>50823349
>And third, note that the Pentacle are not really the "good guys."
To be fair, neither is TFV.
>>
>>50823349

Okay, so my interpretation of "absolute power corrupts absolutely therefore they must be watched" is in effect.

How do they plan on stopping them?
>>
>>50823335
I ask this tentatively, but: would you be interested in playing Masquerade?
>>
>>50823335
>No they didn't. They were worse about it, more overt, and their political views were more simplistic. Apocalypse was worse than anything "preachy" from nWoD or CofD. The entire setting and system was meant to reinforce a worldview. It was literally fucking propaganda.
How about you read it first? It's very clear you didn't (well, either that or you're lying for the sake of the argument, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt on that).
>>
>>50823365
Yeah, I get that and I like it, but King Arthur isn't a good example of a hero who did that. I'm sure someone more fitting could have been found.
>>
>>50823335
>Also, what are the Companion games? What Promethean/Vampire crossover is there? That sounds interesting. I wonder if we'll get Vampmetheans.

Europe during the plagues.
Other Europe games include:
Promethean during the 30 year war (Germany)
Prometehan during the year without summer (Germany)
Werewolf during the Pax Romanum (Germania & Gaul)

We also have two set on the US West Coast. (Geist and Second Sight)
And one set in Rome-Era Egypt (Mummy)

The only one that isn't super-predictable mainstream is Mummy (with a serving of Mage, for some reason), set in South-Eastern Africa during the 16th century.
>>
>>50823265
>changed King Arthur's personality
King Arthur's personality varies from work to work. There's no actual "standard" for King Arthur's personality.
>>
>>50821169
>Why does everyone hate ravnos?Not talking about in-lore.What's your opinion about them

When they are poorly played they become the kenders of owod.
>>
>>50823247
Go back to /pol/

>>50823330
>The 30 Years War should have been about Werewolves
... why?

>>50823298
>When I first checked out the first FS/N anime
It's garbage. Get over "King Arthur is a girl" and watch Fate/Zero instead, it's great.

>>50823397
It's not bad, but, like, you'll need to get over "this isn't historically accurate" to enjoy this series about mythological figures as magical superheroes. In the prequel anime (which is Fate/Zero, and great, and on Netflix last I saw) Gilgamesh has an airship (though it's an actual thing from Hindu legend).

>>50823391
Interested in an academic way, but if you're inviting me to a game probably not. I try to stick to gaming with people I know, and I've already got Caveman D&D and this Promethean game.
>>
>>50823397
The King Arthur myth has been used to tell so many stories about so many subjects that weren't originally there that it's really a non-issue for me.

I find it that the more people actually understand those stories on an academic level, usually the LESS of a problem they have with Nasu's "butchering" of them. It's usually the people who are only very shallowly familiar with them who feel like changing a character's gender or depicting someone traditionally thought of as "good" as "bad" is enough to make it all worthless. This is doubly true for characters like Arthur and Gilgamesh - anyone with a background in literature understands that stories like that are practically platforms for the carrying of archetypically charged messages. Their background means next to an objective nothing so long as you acknowledge it in your analysis, because that's what it'd be founded on (e.g. Gilgamesh' character from the nasuverse being explained against the background of its story's original engagement with the themes of mortality, humility and friendship).
>>
>>50823445
>Interested in an academic way, but if you're inviting me to a game probably not. I try to stick to gaming with people I know, and I've already got Caveman D&D and this Promethean game.
Oh, you do know me, as a matter of fact. I'm Hannah.
>>
>>50823445
>It's garbage. Get over "King Arthur is a girl" and watch Fate/Zero instead, it's great.

Ok. Before I do, I have to ask: Do they in ANY way pay more respect to the origin of the other heroes than they do with Arthur?
>>
File: 1482351885459.jpg (108KB, 499x488px)
1482351885459.jpg
108KB, 499x488px
>>50823445
>Fate/Zero kiddie
You need to chill out and stop telling people to start a series with the spoiler-packed prequels.
>>
>>50823373
>How does TFV plan on stopping mages?

LOL

Stopping mages,... that's a good one. A little lighthearted humor always brightens the mood on /wodg/.
>>
>>50823450
>(e.g. Gilgamesh' character from the nasuverse being explained against the background of its story's original engagement with the themes of mortality, humility and friendship).
One of the nasuverse stories (I don't remember which) actually deals with Gilgamesh's past a little more deeply. Long story short is yup, he acts like an asshole because he doesn't think the world will ever have anything as good to offer him as Enkidu. Interestingly, towards the end of his life the "historical" Gilgamesh actually mellowed out and became a nice person, but since the Throne of Heroes records them at the height of their mythological power the spirit that participates in Grail Wars is Gilgamesh of Just-Following-Enkidu's-Death, when he was at his utmost assholishness.
>>
>>50823393
Are you seriously telling me that Apocalypse isn't propaganda?

>>50823458
That's even worse :V
Why would *you* even want to play Masquerade?

>>50823450
>I find it that the more people actually understand those stories on an academic level, usually the LESS of a problem they have with Nasu's "butchering" of them.
I like that despite the weird depictions and a lot of crazy ass choices, it's clear that actual research has been done, even if it's just to make referential names or weird shit. Like, the average person who'd just grab the Arthur myth that they know and slap it in a game probably isn't going to know about the sheathe to Excalibur and how it prevented Arthur from bleeding, and yet Nasu makes reference to it with Avalon. One of the ones I really like (though I'm not sure Nasu was all that involved) is how in one of the weird spin off games DaVinci is a female Caster. Like, that's a pretty fucking obscure reference.
Not to mention the various weird off the wall choices used for the official Servants to begin with. Some of them are things you'd never have heard of.

>>50823462
See above, and what the other anon said. It's not really about historical accuracy.
Also it's unfortunate that this or the one where it's weirdly pitched down is the only time I can find Rider's speech.
https://youtu.be/QG2hPiTpaWU
I fucking love this full scene.

>>50823486
I actually never played the game before watching the prequel. Or at least I never finished it. Fate/Zero is just really fucking good.

I mean, the biggest spoiler is "Saber is Arthur", and that's on par with "Rosebud is a sled".
>>
>>50823373
Beside finding and killing every single one of them how do you stop reality-warpers? And this assumes they don't figure out what you're doing and kill you.
>>
>>50823445
>It's not bad, but, like, you'll need to get over "this isn't historically accurate" to enjoy this series about mythological figures as magical superheroes. In the prequel anime (which is Fate/Zero, and great, and on Netflix last I saw) Gilgamesh has an airship (though it's an actual thing from Hindu legend).

Yeah, I like them both. I'm just nitpicking with the King Arthur thing. Gilgamesh is my most hated villain in anything, but in the good way. I hate him the way the Monarch hates Rusty Venture.
>>
>>50823491
>he acts like an asshole because he doesn't think the world will ever have anything as good to offer him as Enkidu
Have you seen Enkidu? Motherfucker is pretty as hell, can you blame Gil?
>>50823545
>Hating the King of Heroes
Mongrel.
>>
>>50823541
>See above, and what the other anon said. It's not really about historical accuracy.
Then why base it off of historical and mythical characters at all? Naming them after ancient heroes, and then fucking it up just annoys people.
>>
>>50823541
Dude, they actually have Medusa cut her own neck to summon Pegasus. How many people know the part of the myth where Pegasus emerged from Medusa's bleeding neck? Like, this is some seriously "read in the original Greek" obscure shit.
>>
>That's even worse :V
Oh, come on; our Changeling fight was years ago.

>Why would *you* even want to play Masquerade?
I'm the one who frequently brings up Bloodlines. Also, the setting's less relentlessly grim than Requiem and I have a good idea for Gehenna.
>>
>>50823541
>(though I'm not sure Nasu was all that involved)
Nasu is a mythology buff. He knows his shit.

>I mean, the biggest spoiler is "Saber is Arthur", and that's on par with "Rosebud is a sled".
There's all the stuff about Sakura and the existence of an additional servant in the Fifth War.
>>
>>50823575
meant to quote
>>50823541
>>
>>50823560
Because it's not actually that big of a fuck up, which is what both I and the other Anon pointed out.

>>50823571
I don't know if that one is *that* obscure. I mean, that's in Clash of the Titans, isn't it?

>>50823575
Requiem doesn't have the literal end of the world looming over everyone's heads. I don't know, do you have a Discord? Who else is involved?

>>50823580
>Nasu is a mythology buff. He knows his shit.
Well yeah, but I don't know how much of a hand he had in whichever spinoff had daVinci Caster.

>There's all the stuff about Sakura and the existence of an additional servant in the Fifth War.
Additional Servant? Also, eh. Just turns Sakura into the bomb from the opening of Touch of Evil. Or what Hitchcock said about suspense.
I've just never been overly concerned with spoilers.
>>
>>50823556
I just want to kick his ass. I want to build a machine to kick his ass. I want to build an empire to house the machine to kick his ass.
>>
>>50823541
On the one hand, I dug all the Giles de Reis references in Fate/Zero because let's be honest here, this is some obscure character (and how many people know, without googling it, about his supposed occult dealings with Francois Prelati?), but on the other hand I couldn't help but laugh at how they made his Noble Phantasm the Necronomicon and dropped all the Lovecraft references on him, down to the very much intended "Insmouth Look" and him saying "Cthulhu F'taghn". Zero was a Gen Urobutchi script and the guy ALWAYS talks about how much he digs Lovecraft.

Fun fact: Gen once mentioned he got into creative writing in the first place because as a teenager he GM'd Call of Cthulhu games for his friends.
>>
>>50823645
>Requiem doesn't have the literal end of the world looming over everyone's heads. I don't know, do you have a Discord? Who else is involved?
A friend of mine from elsewhere and another random person. I intend to stick with three players for now.
>>
File: 1467477036394.jpg (653KB, 1280x1024px)
1467477036394.jpg
653KB, 1280x1024px
>>50823645
>Additional Servant?
Pic related.

Also, True Assassin doesn't make an appearance until HF, so their normal form is also a spoiler. There's also Kirei being a villain and his connection to Rin being fake (he's suspicious but not openly hostile until the end of the first route). There's also Illya and what she really is. There's probably more, but I can't remember.
>>
Looking at the OPP Submission Guidelines: is it truly necessary to digitally sign the disclosure form or can we also print, sign, scan, attach?
>>
>>50823675
>Fun fact: Gen once mentioned he got into creative writing in the first place because as a teenager he GM'd Call of Cthulhu games for his friends.
This explains so much...

>>50823681
Why me of all people, and where would this game be played?

>>50823698
I actually assumed you did mean Assassin. Isn't the fact that Gil isn't part of the tournament something dropped early on? I didn't get much further than Day 2's morning. It was a very long game, and I feel like I'd have preferred it as a more traditional book. I wonder if I can play it on my Kindle...

>>50823701
They said you can, but if not, it would explain why my stuff never got picked up.
Or they just didn't like it ;_;
>>
>>50824037
>Or they just didn't like it ;_;

It's probably not your fault, they say all the time they want people who are diverse and have a quirky history to tell their stories. If you're male, white or American you'e shit out of luck
>>
File: 1413047938327.png (2MB, 801x1200px)
1413047938327.png
2MB, 801x1200px
>>50824037
>Isn't the fact that Gil isn't part of the tournament something dropped early on?
Nobody even knows that an additional servant exists until he shows up and kills someone.
>>
>>50824037
>They said you can, but if not, it would explain why my stuff never got picked up.
What'd you send? The Nekos?
>>
>>50824037
>Why me of all people
Having a dedicated roleplayer is important for keeping a group of three going, and you're that if nothing else.
Also, magical realm shit is very likely to come up in Vampire, and yours is a known quantity.
>where would this game be played?
Ideally Discord, but circumstances might prevent that, since one player is Australian. I'll see how schedules can be worked out.
>>
>>50824048
But I'm trans, isn't that supposed to get me hired :^)

>>50824084
Well, gimme your Discord name or something.
Or at least join the CofD Discord and talk to me there.

>>50824083
Why would I send in a joke thing I did for Vampire several years ago for Hunter?
I sent in this https://tmblr.co/ZIFdmw2ENsJGA
>>
>>50824390
>But I'm trans, isn't that supposed to get me hired :^)

They already have too many of those, try being meta-racial or something
>>
>>50824421
What if I'm Jewish and disabled?
>>
>>50824497
>What if I'm Jewish and disabled and transgender?

Then may Satan have mercy on your soul
>>
>>50824506
I metaphysically identify as an elemental, though
Do I have a soul?
>>
>>50824390
>I sent in this https://tmblr.co/ZIFdmw2ENsJGA
IMHO you should work on being more coherent. Perhaps this is a result of you cutting stuff to make the word limit, but it sometimes feels like there are steps missing in the writing, making it feel somewhat nonsensical at points, sometimes even as if a non sequitur was committed.
>>
>>50824537
I hope so, or what that Nymph and I did was bestiality
>>
>>50824390
>Well, gimme your Discord name or something.
Xilizhra.
>>
http://theonyxpath.com/hurt-locker-droning-on-and-on/
>>
>>50824497
>Jewish
probably too white, unless you are so old that you were in concentration camp, you might get bonus points for that
>disabled
that's morel like it, but still depends on type of disability, for instance they probably have already plenty of people with mental disorders

>>50824506
throw in rape survivor and you are hired

>>50824537
that's too much, I remember that they nearly banned someone for identifying as an attack helicopter
>>
>>50824744
Why did such cool concepts have to be claimed by such incompetent morons?
>>
Does armor stack? If I wear padded clothing with a kevlar vest do I have 2/3?
>>
>>50824961
no
>>
>>50824961
They don't. I think it's written somewhere, but I'm too lazy to search it.
>>
>>50824550
>it sometimes feels like there are steps missing in the writing
I can see that. Sometimes I feel like I'm assuming everyone can read my thought process. What in particular feels incoherent?

>>50824571
You do know I need the numbers, too, right?
>>
>>50823701

Both are fine as long as you have a signed copy on attached to your material. It's REALLY important that you have that.
>>
>>50824922

>whitewolfusenetdiscussion.jpg
>>
>>50825052
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>50825144
It's the kind of thing that people have been saying since the days of Usenet.
>>
>>50824872
>so old that you were in concentration camp, you might get bonus points for that

Don't count on it.

Despite being Jewish in the 1940's, they probably think you only survived the brutal and unforgiving horrors of the Shoa due to your white privilege.
>>
>>50824961
>>50824985
>>50824991
I've actually wondered about this myself. Especially when supernatural shit get's involved.

If a mage gives himself alligator skin, wears some magically enchanted kevlar, and turns on his mage armor what's his armor rating? The sum? The highest effect? You're not really spell stacking in this instance in my opinion.
>>
>>50825179
>they probably think you only survived the brutal and unforgiving horrors of the Shoa due to your white privilege.

I'm pretty sure Jews don't count as White, since they have historically been oppressed.
It's the reverse of why the Spanish and Portugese don't count as Latino.
>>
>>50825014
>What in particular feels incoherent?
Ok. Lets start at the beginning. You write:

>Summer, 1980. The camp at Toluca Lake was shaken by the killing spree of an implacable psychopath wearing a kabuki mask.
>Seventeen people were dead because a land developer wanted the camp owners to sell.
So the landowners hired the slasher? Was the land developer the slasher? What's happening here? Also:
>an impacable psychopath
wut
>>
>>50825328
>cont.
Next up:
>After hefty hush money settlements to the surviors, the company got the land anyway.
What company? The land developer? Or the camp at Toluca Lake?
>>
>>50825014
#0654.
>>
>>50825300

Trust me, I'm Jewish, and we're are treated as whiter than white. It's often the worst of all worlds.

It's often less about actual skin color than it's about affiliation with a successful and integrated minority group. Jews have been "white" in American. Since about the late 1960's and early 1970's, to a great many on the left, Jew's lost their "victim" status" and were determined to be part of the "oppressor" class of white.

Pay attention to what occurs at many leftist rallies. Antisemitism, once most a product of the far right, has transformed over the last few decades and become one of the few "acceptable" forms of religious and ethnic discrimination.
>>
>>50825346
cont.

>When rumours began springing up that the Toluca Lake Resort was haunted by the killer’s ghost, Laurie Carpenter set out to gain closure.
Use more active constructions. Also: who was Laurie Carpenter. No, wait. First tell me who the killer was again, the owner of the camp, right?

>Unfortunately what she learned as the killer lay dying was that her own brother had taken up the kabuki’s mantle, wanting revenge for being silenced.
So, what you want to say is that the killer was dead and that then she saw that the killer was her brother? There are easier ways to say that. Tbh. Also: cool, we learn that Laurie who we don't give a fuck about has a nameless brother who's also out on some unexpected psychopathic bender at the same old camp site for revenge and... wait wut?
>>
>>50825406
cont.

>With another incident came more survivors, who looked to Carpenter for guidance.
How do they all know where to find Laurie and why is Laurie willing to guide them. Or is she always there on the campsite. How does this work?
>After a class action lawsuit over the company’s cover up, the Toluca Lake Survivor Foundation was formed.
Gee. Maybe brother Carpenter should have tried to push for something like this. Remind me why he flipped the fuck out again?

>Their mission was to aid slasher victims.
Is that the slogan they have on their web-page?

>Secretly, Laurie hoped to prevent people from becoming like her brother.
Why would she make that a secret?
>>
>>50825328
>>50825346
>>50825406
Oh. That was definitely because of me trimming wordcount. The landowner was the slasher. It's a Scooby Doo reference.
Implacable means unstoppable. Until of course the final reel (OR IS IT?)
>>
>>50825455
>Remind me why he flipped the fuck out again?
Scream reference
>Why would she make that a secret?
Most people aren't fond of going "oh, yeah, my brother was a serial killer and I want to stop people from becoming serial killers. Like my brother. Who killed a bunch of people".

Also you should really wait to hit send on these.
>>
>>50825455
cont.

>The organization researched the slasher phenomena, and as it grew it became more of a proactive compact, with the survivors of attacks now actively looking for slasher activity.
You say many things twice. You can drop the proactive and just say that they actively starting hunting slashers. Which also requires researching tthem.

>By the early 90s, when people began talking about the often gendered violence of these killers, the compact part of the Foundation took on its unofficial name: The Final Girls Club.
>this is bait.jpg
Nah. I get where you're getting at, you're trying to allude to a well known slasher trope. This is a little on the nose.

Also: it's the survivors that are gendered in these tropes, not the violence necessarily. There's a difference.
>>
>>50825461
Implacable means unstoppable
I am aware of this, thank you
>>
>>50825256
Mage armor should stack with everything. As for "natural armor" using DnD terminology, there are some indications that it might stack too (some Changeling kiths, sub-dermal armor in Hurt Locker,...), only different types of clothing don't stack imo.
>>
>>50825482
>Scream reference
I am quite familiar with the film, thank you

>Most people aren't fond of going "words... "
Yeah, but she's guiding most people in this context, right? It reads as if she interacts mostly with slasher survivors. There she probably will have the motivation to talk about shit like that. You dig?
>>
>>50825482
>Also you should really wait to hit send on these.
And don't worry. I'm done.
>>
>>50825503
>>this is bait.jpg
>Nah. I get where you're getting at, you're trying to allude to a well known slasher trope. This is a little on the nose.
It's this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men,_Women,_and_Chainsaws

>>50825538
She's still a human being, even if she's the Compact's guru. It's a sensitive subject, is the idea.

>>50825549
Nothing wrong with the rest of it?
Guess maybe I should rewrite the first part since I don't have to force it so short.
>>
>>50825163
They weren't wrong.
>>
>>50825564
>Nothing wrong with the rest of it?
There's more. But I can feel you getting defensive about it, so I'll leave it at this.
>>
>>50825564
Goddamn... That wikipedia article points out exactly what I said above:

>Clover argues that these films are designed to align spectators not with the male tormentor, but with the female victim—

So:
>Not the violence is gendered
>But the victim is gendered
>>
>>50825564
>She's still a human being, even if she's the Compact's guru. It's a sensitive subject, is the idea.
Think of it like this: it's your first time at AA and the person who's supposed to head the meeting, the one who's been through it all, that person refuses to share.

You see what's off with that?
>>
>>50825608
I don't know what you mean. It's also a little more complex than that. The Final Girl page puts it a little better:
> Clover suggested that in these films, the viewer began by sharing the perspective of the killer, but experienced a shift in identification to the final girl partway through the film.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_girl#Trope_concept

>>50825654
It's not that she's not sharing, it's just that she has that one big secret. She's still the head of a large nonprofit organization devoted (publicly) to providing aid to the victims of serial killers and (privately) Hunting and defending against them. It's just not public knowledge that "hey, sometimes we can become supernatural serial killers ourselves so try not to go crazy"
>>
>>50825714
>I don't know what you mean.
I know. I'll say it again: your text suggests a backwards relation or (if you will) the wrong movement.

Clover: perspective on the violent perpetrator moves to the (female gendered) surviving victim. It's the victim that is given the weight of importance and because the survivor is often a female protagonist, these types of films have been of interest to identity studies.

However, you Hunter description focuses still on violent perpetrators. Both (incidentally) are male. These are the ones that push forward your narrative. Even the push of the class action lawsuit isn't performed by your dear Laurie, that is done by an anonymous 'they'.

The thing that is awesome about the trope of survivor women (someone post some Destiny's Childe please) is that the trope gives a female protagonist agency, of a kind often not reserved for them in other genres of film.

When are you going to work on your reading comprehension, Aspel?
>>
>>50825714
>It's not that she's not sharing, it's just that she has that one big secret.
Which she is not sharing. Tell me: is she silent and brooding?
>>
>>50825714
>It's just not public knowledge that "hey, sometimes we can become supernatural serial killers ourselves so try not to go crazy"
Why on god's earth would a hunter organization like that not make such "knowledge" public? It's not like there isn't known precedent for that already. You know, abuse victims becoming violent offenders themselves.

It sounds like you want her to have this deep and terrible secret. Why not have her keep the secret that she was the one to kill her brother. That makes much more sense than her trying to keep secret that her brother had turned into a fucking maniac.
>>
Are there some archetypes of Blood and Bone other than the ones in the basic manual? (forsaken 2e)
>>
>>50825828
People can share some secrets but not others.

>>50825906
>It sounds like you want her to have this deep and terrible secret
Actually I barely focused on it. I'm not saying it's super secret or anything, but it's also not the kind of thing she'd talk about. Something more for Status 3 or so.

And why *would* a Hunter organization make it known to new recruits that Hunters--especially ones who delve into the mind of slashers--have a tendency to become Slashers? Most Hunter Orgs don't air their dirty laundry until you've got a lot of Status.

>>50825805
>When are you going to work on your reading comprehension, Aspel?
You know, it's less that I'd get defensive and more that you're kind of antagonistic.

Also, Laurie is the one who headed the class action lawsuit. The anonymous "they" in question is "the survivors, who looked to Laurie for guidance". Which is something that reading comprehension should teach you.

>The thing that is awesome about the trope of survivor women (someone post some Destiny's Childe please) is that the trope gives a female protagonist agency, of a kind often not reserved for them in other genres of film.
The trope in particular has to do with the way that agency is "earned". i.e. by symbolically becoming male. I mean, in a lot of ways the rape revenge flicks (like Last House on the Left and any movie where a woman starts killing her abusers) is treated as a morality piece: "Don't do the thing because she'll kill you"
And in a lot of the movies, the reason that it's a final *girl* (in the original kind of movie) is because a man can't fulfill that weak and scared role for the audience.

The whole trope and it's use and discussion is a bit more complicated than simply "these women get to be badasses".

>>50825957
None officially, but you should feel free to make up your own.
>>
>>50826051
Well, good luck with your career as a writer.
>>
File: 1482282968385.png (371KB, 832x868px)
1482282968385.png
371KB, 832x868px
>People are responding to, and treating the fat autist like a person again.

Come on, /codg/, I thought we learned this lesson! Don't interact with the spergling, just report and ignore their every post! Remember how utterly relaxing and nice it was last time they ate a ban, and the mod scrubbed every last post of theirs out of here? Who wants that again? Because I sure do.

Its almost Christmas, lets make this general a better place by getting that fat, worthless sperg Aspel banned again.
>>
>>50826051
>
Also, Laurie is the one who headed the class action lawsuit. The anonymous "they" in question is "the survivors, who looked to Laurie for guidance". Which is something that reading comprehension should teach you.

Nothing in your text explicitly suggests this. And I quote:

>With another incident came more survivors, who looked to Carpenter for guidance. After a class action lawsuit over the company’s cover up, the Toluca Lake Survivor Foundation was formed. Their mission was to aid slasher victims.
>>
>>50823335
>You just like your own interpretation of the game.
Thats a Bingo! Good thing RPGs are all about freedom and I can do whatever the fuck I want and you cant stop me.
>>
>>50826599
A class action lawsuit is a lawsuit where there are multiple complainants. Although frankly I'm not entirely sure they work that way.

>>50826885
It's almost as if there's context to that statement you're ignoring.
Context like "you're bitching that the creators don't want to make the game you want them to make".

>>50826514
>People I don't like exist! Abloobloo
>>
>>50827017
>A class action lawsuit is a lawsuit where there are multiple complainants. Although frankly I'm not entirely sure they work that way.
>(You)
>
>
>
>
>The vast emptiness of space
>
>
>
>
>The point
>>
>>50814867
It no longer exists in it's full glory, though allegedly there are some archives of it. Basically, a schizophrenic dude put up a website where he "explained" his theory about how time is a cube. If you can find it, it's certainly worth a read. Brace yourself for crazy, though.
>>
>>50827121
Then use your Goddamned words instead of greentexting and assuming everyone can read your fucking mind?
You're literally telling me that I'm not being clear enough while not being clear enough.

You say "nothing in the text suggests that". I pointed out that it says a bunch of people looked to one person, and then a lawsuit happened where a bunch of people are the plaintiff.
>>
>>50827544
Irony of it all is that instead of accepting that you've not been clear enough you go on explaining how it is all very clear, taking into account your head-canon.

This is the thing you must learn if you want to make it as a writer: when people misunderstand your words, most of the time it's not their fault. It's yours. Rewrite your shit in such a way that people don't need more than just the text to understand the text.

That is what I mean with you missing the point: you start defending the bad parts of your writing, when someone points out they're bad.
>>
Who wants to bet that Secrets of the Covenants' anti-sorcery merits are going to be Clashed a la Rebuke the Vizier?

#magesupremacy
>>
>>50827622

Dave's already offered some comments on the topic.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/50600092/#50618108
>>
>>50827544

You are not entitled to yet another retread of your flaws if you cannot understand them or do not want to understand them. If you have to explain what's going on with your text outside of the text, that's on you. This isn't some kind of academic subtext issue, this is you not being able to write and communicate clearly for your audience.

You know how in a writing workshop, they make the writer keep their mouth shut, only allowing them to bring up their concerns about the piece that they'd like the group to address? You're why that's a rule: you feel compelled to explain and justify what you wrote when that actually only takes focus off of the piece itself. You're allowed to think the crit misses the point, but you keep that to yourself, because nothing matters unless it's on the page.

Your job is not to defend the piece. Your job is to approach the review with an open mind, deciding on your own what is on the mark and what is not. Then you revise with that in mind.
>>
>>50827592
>>50827818
I did accept that I wasn't clear enough. I even said I should rewrite it. I even replied many of to your complaints with "that's fair".

Also, approaching the review with an open mind means nothing if the reviewer is equally unclear.
>>
>>50827879
>that's fair
>ctrl+f
>1 result
>it's this post
>>50827879
>>
>>50814720
>Time Cube

Thanks for that anon, this is actually pretty fascinating.

>>50815065
I only have a scan from an old giant torrent. Here you go, hopefully this one is different, haven't had the time to check the book desu - http://www.4shared.com/office/j-O11bHLba/2004_WW2999_Gehenna.html
>>
>>50827622
What is Rebuke the Vizier?
>>
>>50827925
>I can see that
>Oh. That was definitely
>Guess maybe I should
I forgot, this thread has trouble with tone and implication.
I am trying to understand your confusion so that I can avoid that confusion in the future.
But we're getting nowhere at this point.
>>
>>50827879

I am not the anon that you have been going over your material with. I just know a problematic review session when I see one.

If you've agreed that you should rewrite it, and that you find their "complaints" (that you use this word makes me suspicious, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt) valid, then there is nothing more to say. Note down what you feel that you need to change, change it, and move on. If you feel that some parts are unclear, that's just something you're going to have to live with. Sometimes, you're never going to understand some things, no matter how hard you try or how many clarifications you want. That's just a part of exposing your work to the real world and a wider audience. You, as a writer, must learn to know when a crit feels right for a piece, because in the future, you will not have direct access to the reviewer as you do now. You cannot depend on defending your piece or asking for explanations.

You approached it with an open mind. Some things you didn't understand, but did see things that would help you in the next draft. Use those, start the next draft. They have done their job, you will do yours, and that is all that needs to be said.
>>
File: bn.jpg (148KB, 826x1000px)
bn.jpg
148KB, 826x1000px
First time mage player here, which should I choose: Thyrsus or Obrimos?
>>
>>50821939

I didn't cut the drone rules. There were no drone rules to begin with. There were never plans for there to be drone rules.

One of the writers used a small sliver of his word count to do a Style Merit for drones. I thought it was a cool idea, so I kept it in. There's no way he had space for more material on drones, his assignment was completely unrelated to equipment or vehicle rules, and wasn't big enough even if I literally cut every other word he wrote, and had him replace it with drone rules.
>>
>>50828536
Acanthus
>>
>>50828561
Is it true you and Aspel are in a game together?
>>
>>50828630
No? Where would you even get that idea?

Because I said "it's what Hill said in the Discord"?
That's the CofD Discord. The one that was linked in this thread like three months ago and has been linked a few times.
>>
>>50822009
Well, I can heavily dislike the patronising tone some of the writers take in some parts of the material, while buying and playing the books I like. Not that unusual really. Just ordered Tome of Secrets since I backed Dark Ages and got it at a discount.

I didn't buy any of the books with the retarded sidebars but that's mostly since they are in splats that I don't run/play. The only one that made me legitimately mad was a complete rewrite of Ahrimanes in that Dark Ages book that read like complete nonsense.

I'd imagine if I was getting one of these books, I would complain as well because unlike fiction that sets up the tone and the atmosphere, the "let us descend from heavens and teach you plebeians how to be progressive people" sidebar does nothing but stroke the ego of the one who wrote it, while simultaneously unsubtly shitting all over everyone else.

and for your record, I run Vampire and play Changeling
>>
>>50828536
Obrimos into Perfected Adept
>>
Is the Discord for nWoD only? Or is it for both?
>>
>>50829204

I get the impression that it's both but leaning towards CofD. I'm always tempted to pop my head in but I just know I'll say something stupid and ruin my career forever.
>>
>>50815124
That's fine perhaps 'second playthrough' options. V5 should support that stuff, assuming they use the Assamites as Pillar Clan and occasional Lasombra Anti.
>>
>>50815481
Except that there is conflict, likely moreso, when you have everyone who is ostensibly your ally fucking you in the back.
>>
>>50815481
>Chronicles of Darkness game

Dracula won't allow that and OPP doesn't have the backing to get an actual game off the ground.
>>
>>50828561
>kept a section that DOESN'T have relevant equipment or wordcount to devote to it

Wow, you're sure a fuckup.
>>
So, Australia and the Shadow.
Bar having some pretty fucking hardcore Spirits fucking around in the outback, how the fuck does the normal Uratha Spirit-bullshit work?

I mean, Australia has dingoes, but no Wolves.
So does this mean Australia has no native Uratha?
I remember someone saying back in Apocalypse there was another weird shape-shifter breed native to Australia, but is that maintained in Forsaken?

I mostly ask because I'm trying to think up setting-mysteries for a Coast/Outback game, and I'm trying to think of what Shadow-related groups would be in the outback. Without Uratha, or a version thereof (and bar like, one Abbo Hunter compact, I don't want to give them all special powers to do that fucking job) to watch and maintain the Outback, I'd imagine there could be major issues with Spirit incursions.
>>
>>50821169
Those who hate gypsies hate them because they're gypsies. This is most of the people.

Those who like gypsies hate them because they're a "racist" portrayal of gypsies.

I know a girl who loves Ravnos, bjt that's because she's a massive indiaboo. It's not the central gypsie stuff what she likes.
>>
>>50830226
I like them because of a "racist" portrayal of gypsies.
>>
>>50828536
Acanthus or Mastigos.
>>
>>50830013
Uratha aren't like Garou and based on real, local wolf populations.
>>
>>50830347
So throughout time there have been Aboriginal people who could inexplicibly turn into these weird fucking animal men with no local reference?

Okay.
>>
>>50830459
They're genetically partially spirit of wolf. When they change, that becomes more or less half wolf-spirit, it doesn't need indigenous wolves to exist.
>>
>>50830013
Theres Uratha in Australia, but their fur likely takes after that of dingos and possibly domestic dogs that are popular in the area like australian cattle dogs. They also probably get into constant conflict with spider-hosts along with being vastly outnumbered by the Pure.
>>
>>50830804
>vastly outnumbered by the Pure
That sounds like some pretty specific information.
Where'd you get that.
>>
>>50830868

It's the Forsaken setting default, and still is as of 2e, I think. There are more Pure than Forsaken pretty much everywhere.
>>
>>50830868
Pretty sure it's in both core books, it's also based on the fact the Pure will bring spirits and even wild canines into their packs to bolster their strength. Combine the more violent natural spirits of australia and they're probably a particularly large threat compared to other places.
>>
>>50828536
UNLIMITED POWER MOFO

Forces. it's one of the most straight forward of arcane, that doesn't require extensive knowledge of the metaphysics. Just a basic knowledge of physics. You did pass highschool physics right Anon?
>>
File: suu.jpg (33KB, 466x395px)
suu.jpg
33KB, 466x395px
>>50814720
Do you have to run /CofD/ &/wodg/ as horror or can you have a more relaxed setting?
>Pic probably not related.
>>
>>50831086
Forces, motherfucker.
The only Arcana which can turn a lake into an exploding iceberg with one simple spell.
>>
>>50831233

You can have you SoL with universal monsters, man
>>
>>50831233
A fellow /monster/ lover in the wild!
Yeah you can, especially when your group ends up boiling your vampire game into a political 'thriller', or one of the players decides to run solo adventures with the mortal he just mindfucked into a perfect girlfriend. Most of my changeling games end up becoming light hearted dungeon crawls in the hedge because throwing yourself into insane fantasy battles heals all wounds. I think Armory Reloaded has some alternate 'sanity' tracks to replace morality/integrity/humanity/other that make it easier to get away from the horror aspect too.
>>
>>50828228
>People do work
>>
>>50831470
>I think Armory Reloaded has some alternate 'sanity' tracks to replace morality/integrity/humanity/other that make it easier to get away from the horror aspect too.
That was the logic that people trained and expected to kill have a different morality and world view on the battlefield, thus killing does not count as a sin as it relates to sanity breaks?
>>
>>50831470
Can you have a game without combat? I'm looking into using WoD for a game where monsters are defeated non-violently.
>>
>>50831506
Yeah, though it was Mirrors I was thinking of.
>>50831606
Probably, especially if you made the monsters harder to kill. Theres actually 'debate styles' in Requiem for Rome that'd probably work fine as-is.
>>
>>50831606

You should probably look into hacking Golden Sky Stories for a game like that.
>>
>>50831506

Well, Sanity Breaks are hefty enough that without it it's hard to have a soldier that doesn't have massive PTSD if they've killed a few times.
>>
>>50821638
What did you expect from one of the writers who gave us the joy that is Beast?
>>
>>50831671
Oh I know, I am thankful for that rule. Army Conditioning may be fucked up but compartmentalising probably saves minds.
>>
>>50829580
>>50829204
It's literally a CofD Discord.

>>50828967
>the "let us descend from heavens and teach you plebeians how to be progressive people" sidebar
God you people are so butthurt. And there's got to be no doubt something even worse in the oWoD books.

>>50829859
He didn't say he'd stop it, just that he's not going to try. I don't get the impression he'd stop it.

>>50830226
You forgot "those who hate them because their Flaw is literally to steal and lie and do shitty things".
A few people called them Kender, but Kender don't *have* to steal.
>>
>>50823297
Depends on if you factor in shit like doxxing
>>
File: CAQIXCLWMAAxVp6.jpg (232KB, 1024x1444px)
CAQIXCLWMAAxVp6.jpg
232KB, 1024x1444px
To anyone new to the Nasuverse: the first 10 years or so are great, if comparatively sparse. The current Nasuverse (i.e. F/GO pandering mobage idiocy) is utter trash. Kind of like current WoD, amirite?

>>50823486
What spoilers?
That Shirou's dad was in the previous Grail War? Obvious, he had a summoning circle in his shed.
That King Arthur is a girl? Everyone knows that already.
That Kotomine is evil? Kotomine is so transparently evil the first time you meet him that Nasu made a joke about it once. He's meant to be obviously untrustworthy. Or perhaps the spoiler is that he actually has hidden depth? Psh. If anything, knowing Kotomine isn't a one dimensional sack of shit and has more going on under the hood should enhance his scenes going into F/SN.
Is Gilgamesh the spoiler? Fucking everyone knows about Gilgamesh, too.
Or perhaps the problem is that the Grail is tainted? That just gets dropped on the player's head during the Fate route anyway, so it's not like the experience of realizing that threat is weakened whatsoever. If anything, F/Z introduces Avenger in a stronger manner, and that situation is only properly explained in HF and HA anyway.
I suppose you could make a case for Sakura or Illya having less TWEESTS about their nature, but even then those are factors introduced at the beginning of their substantive plot relevance even in the original VN. The spoilers that actually matter are self-contained in F/SN.
>>
>>50830013
There were were-Tasmanian wolves, the Bunyip, in Apocalypse, but they were stupidly wiped out. The Red Talons also found a way to breed with dingoes (interestingly, they seem to be the best at incorporating breeds that aren't strictly wolves; there are also African wild dog-based Red Talons).
>>
File: Minion - Ehhh no.gif (1010KB, 337x337px)
Minion - Ehhh no.gif
1010KB, 337x337px
>>50832492
>Nasuverse
>Great

Yeah, right.
>>
>>50832389
Doxxing is invasion of privacy which takes it INTO the realm of the Physical world and therefore IS harassment. Its giving a horrible person an open door into your life. Online is merely the medium in which the action takes place. Replace online with bulletin boards and you have the same situation
>>
>>50832537
As far as urban fantasy goes, yes, the early works are actually good. It's around 2012 after Mahoyo under-performed that things started going straight to shit.
>>
File: handholding.png (240KB, 540x528px)
handholding.png
240KB, 540x528px
Changelings are insanity powered otherkin
Werewolves are Rage powered otherkin
Beasts are psychopathic otherkin
Vampires have mommy daddy issues
Prometheans have Abandonment Issues
Hunters are kids with guns
Mages are kids with nukes
Mummy are amnesiacs with Nukes
Demons are marysue technophiles
Sin Eaters need to go on a diet
and
Deviants need to get out of bed its past noon
>>
>>50833118
Are they sexy mommies though?
>>
>>50833187
yes
>>
File: evolution.png (903KB, 1439x702px)
evolution.png
903KB, 1439x702px
>>50833328
aw yis
>>
>>50833118

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCkFSe3voRc
>>
>>50832622
>>50832389
The notion that harassment online is any less harassment is ridiculous. Then again, most people treat it as if you can just "turn off" the internet, completely ignoring how that shit tends to happen in places you don't want to avoid and often follows you across platforms. It can even involve harassing friends and associates, or spreading lies.
Harassment is harassment. Then again, people act like harassment in real life doesn't matter either.

But no one cares about the rules for offline harassment and how that section starts with using Academics to destroy someone's reputation.

Then again, what I'm really surprised about is no one's bitched about The Nameless, who are an anonymous internet hate group with White Supremacist ideals. Sound familiar :^)

>>50833118
Most of those aren't even remotely right. Vampire isn't about parental issues, and Promethean isn't about abandonment. I assume "need to go on a diet" is a metaphor for Geist being supposedly overpowered?
>Deviants need to get out of bed its past noon
Hah.
>>
>>50833665
>"turn off" the internet
Yes you should try it. go out and see the day star
>>
File: .......png (341KB, 873x391px)
.......png
341KB, 873x391px
>>50833445
How could anyone find that progression desirable?
>>
>>50833665
>Vampire isn't about parental issues, and
Child Sire Abuse
>Promethean isn't about abandonment.
Frankenstein's Monster
>>
>>50833768
Child sire abuse isn't inherent, though. And Prometheans don't all get abandoned.

>>50833724
You first :^)
>>
>>50833665
>Most of those aren't even remotely right.

>Falling for obvious Bait
>>
>>50833784
>Being a vampire is totally awesome and totally not a metaphor for the abuse cycle

Which is worse the abuser that hits you and leaves you to your fate, or the abuser who teaches you how to be a better abuser?
>>
>>50821595
>It's almost as if people have different values and focus than you do.
The current values and focus of OPP - or at the very least some of their prominent freelancers - are absolutely insipid.
>>
>>50833856
Do you get to abuse people together if your abuser stays with you?
>>
>>50833856
Well, it's possible to not be an abuser at all.
>>
>>50832492
Foreshadowing and spoilers aren't the same thing even if you pretend that they are, senpai.
>>
>>50833997
>Twilight Vampires

Are we really going to go through what makes a monster in this thread again?
>>
>>50834142
Well since younger vampires are more in touch with their humanity they could be less likely to abuse anyone they embrace.

Of course if your sire is 500 years old you're in for a rough ride..
>>
>>50834176
>its not abuse if I kill them
that is not ok Anon. That is seriously not ok
>>
>>50834207
Well think about it, a big part of a new vamps struggle is coming to terms with the fact he's a predator with absolutely no morals now. Why wouldnt that struggle extend to any potential kids and mistreating them?
>>
Anyone has Secrets of the Covenant? Did they kept the void familiar cruac style thingie?
>>
Alright brehs.

I'm playing a Ventrue neonate. At the end of the session, my character (henceforth I) encountered a wounded police officer dying on the side of the road after a botched intervention.

She was lying down on the road nearly dead, car stolen etc. Would it behoove me if I were to give her some blood and try to heal her?

I could take her to my haven or would it be better to call 911 or just ignore her and let the city do as the city does
>>
>>50834142
>implying that there's nothing between abusers and Twilight
>implying that Twilight vampires aren't actually kind of abusive themselves

Personally, the idea of being forced by one's nature into being evil strikes me as paradoxical, because I believe that if you don't have the capacity to be good, you also can't be evil. Evil requires a choice to turn away from good.
>>
>>50834293
Well...if you were to heal the cop you'd have a cop that owes you a favor. And a cop that owes you a favor is better than a dead cop. At least in my eyes.
>>
File: 7roa.jpg (84KB, 500x685px)
7roa.jpg
84KB, 500x685px
>>50834105
Sure, but that also doesn't mean the overall experience will be all that adversely effected. Nasu does nothing to subvert what he's obviously foreshadowing in F/SN with reference to the subjects I broached. If you have two brain cells to rub together, you see what's ahead in F/SN long before Shirou, sword autist that he is, figures that shit out. If you don't, then I'm sure F/Z will leave you with many questions only F/SN can answer. The fine details and resolutions which actually matter in F/SN and aren't immediately apparent to anyone over the age of 16 aren't things which F/Z spoils at all.
Thinking back on it now, part of the fun of UBW and Heaven's Feel is already knowing that certain shit is fucked and anticipating how the current situation will be made even worse when said shit inevitably bubbles to the surface. So really, F/Z only applies that same sentiment to the Fate route, which is largely world-building for the next two routes anyway.
Granted, going through Fate right after F/Z is liable to make them think the route is even more boring than it is on its lonesome, so maybe you're on to something.
>>
>>50834328
See while I was thinking that it's also a cop that will ask questions
>>
>>50834293
nWoD or oWoD?
>>
>>50834231
Sire is still KILLing the child. The fact you keep down playing it is disturbing and shows a large disconnect from normality
>>
>>50834384
nWoD
>>
>>50834434
Then no matter what you pick you already made the right decision
>>
>>50834293
Its nice to see Heather Poe made it through the police academy
>>
>>50834430

Nigga I'm talking about post killing behavior here, also

>a large disconnect from normality

I'm on 4chan discussing a game where you play as vampires. Stop trying to analyze everyone like you're a first year pysch student.
>>
File: Nice.jpg (48KB, 540x720px)
Nice.jpg
48KB, 540x720px
>>50834452
>Sees what you did there
>>
>>50834280
They did.
>>
>>50834467
You're still ignoring the largest part of the sire child relationship because it goes against your thesis. not you'll be telling me feeding isn't rape
>>
>>50833856
That's not what I said, though.
Childe-Sire abuse isn't the focus. Vampire-human abuse is. I actually feel like a lot of Vampire ignores the Childe-Sire relationship. I mean, there are mechanics for it and all, and mechanics for being an Avus, but for a lot of Vampire games and set ups, it feels like your Sire isn't all that important when generally this is someone who you'll be Bloodbound to.
I mean, "Sires are inherently abusive with their Childer" is a thing I think would enhance the game, but it doesn't get nearly the focus it deserves in favour of vampires being parasites to the world around them.

>>50833888
Too bad. Sucks to be you, then.

>>50834142
>>50834321
>>Twilight Vampires
They are abusers, it's just that the narrative doesn't acknowledge or realize that.
>>
File: why.png (143KB, 480x324px)
why.png
143KB, 480x324px
So, Mages have reality slap them when they do dumb and/or visible stuff. But if A Vampire wants to fleshcraft a couple of people into a giant vagina, that's fine.
>>
>>50834176
Vampires are inherently abusive. Actually, that's one of my favourite bits from Hurt Locker:
>Vampire: The Requiem is a game about monsters who must take from the living in order to survive. Sometimes, they can resist their urges, resorting to animal blood or carefully grooming herds who accept or even desire vampire predation. But to what degree can people consent to creatures that can rob free will with a casual glance and a few well-placed words? Sure, these people could resist, they could say no, but there’s no physical or social pressure by which the vampire must abide.
>That, frankly, is frightening.
>For a reasonable person turned vampire, that’s doubly frightening. She knows she’s supernaturally alluring and that the Beast inside her can demand obeisance. So can she ever really know that interest is legitimate?
>Further, the Masquerade builds a whole different level of problem. A smart vampire avoids revealing her nature to humanity. But if she does, she puts her witness, her confidante, in danger. On one hand, she has to engage with incomplete information, functionally lying to everyone she meets. On the other, she has to put people in danger. There’s no safe choice. There’s no ethical answer.

>>50834293
She can only heal if you Ghoul her. Which is pretty sketchy ethically. So I say go for it.

>>50834430
>>50834529
I'll have you know my Childe was dying on the street and I Embraced her, I'm not a murderer.
Checkmate, Hunter.

>>50834780
>Why?
Because a Vampire's source of magic is from a different place.
Although you sound like you're talking about Masquerade and Ascension.
It makes a lot more sense in Awakening and Requiem, where there's a literal antagonistic force that hates and destroys Supernal Magic, but can't really do as much to "mundane" magic.
>>
>>50834774
>Too bad. Sucks to be you, then.
In what fashion? I don't spend money on their garbage. I don't need their material. If I feel like sifting through trash and cringing at what I find, I'll just pirate it like everyone else in this community not insane enough to shell out money on a Kickstarter.
>>
>>50834923
>abloobloo
Sucks to be you because you can't enjoy anything because of those terrible SJWs ruining everything :^)
>>
>>50834780
When is a mage going to get a break in this game?
>>
If a Master mage wants someone dead, and is willing to weather the political consequences of the act. Is there anything to stop her?
I mean, she effectively ignores 5 withstand, because she is a master, and just needs one success to kill someone with an unmaking spell.
>>
>>50834780
Considering that most disciplines can be easily replicated and surpassed with the comparable arcana it's more than a fair trade.
>>
>>50834975

If the target can't wield awakened/high magic they're kind of fucked. But you don't need to be a master to do that. In fact mastery is overkill for most applications.
>>
>>50834975
Also being a master would make your primary factor potency 5 which could still be resisted in theory. You'd want to raise potency to at least 6 against mundane targets/run of the mill supernatural entity to ensure your probable act of hubris will work.
>>
>>50835012
>In fact mastery is overkill for most applications.
Ever since our Mastigos became a Master of Space our violence averse cabal has found Quarantine a perfect solution to a surprising number of our problems!
>>
File: 1467207781556.png (102KB, 450x443px)
1467207781556.png
102KB, 450x443px
>>50834939
Assuming my issues with OPP were of the political variety and not a general malaise that CofD is a joke that's done its best to trivialize much of what made the settings it's hijacked cool and nuanced while continuing to introduce piss poor mechanical foibles as though they hadn't had years to figure out how to properly construct a game, then I would at least be able to enjoy the fact that Trump won.
>>
>>50834803
>I'll have you know my Childe was dying on the street and I Embraced her, I'm not a murderer.
>Checkmate, Hunter.

Just because they were about to die doesn't make it any less murder
>>
>>50835098
>continuing to introduce piss poor mechanical foibles as though they hadn't had years to figure out how to properly construct a game

Yeah old world has like no idea what's doing. I mean 20 years 5 editions and they still can't standardize its major splats against each other
>>
How useful, generally, would a thief character be for a VtR group? Think straight stealth, second story man stuff.
>>
>>50835071
You can buy a meteor for ~100 bucks. What could you do with a sympathetic link to the asteroid cloud that can be carried around like a key-chain I wonder?
>>
>>50834981

You cannot fleshcraft in Mage without sucking Paradox's dick.
>>
>>50835277
Why would you want to flesh-craft to begin with?Dragon dildoes?
>>
>>50835071
Your idea of 'non-violent' conflict resolution is to imprison some poor bastard in a pocket dimension with limited air and no access to food, water or hygiene facilities?
>>
>>50835116
Okay, then, she did die and then I Embraced her corpse.

>>50835098
>then I would at least be able to enjoy the fact that Trump won.
And yet you're somehow even more whiny and acting like victims.

>>50835181
Sneakthieves are always useful.
>>
>>50835438
>And yet you're somehow even more whiny and acting like victims.
In what way?
>>
File: MovingGoalPosts.gif (1MB, 320x180px)
MovingGoalPosts.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>50835438
>Okay, then, she did die and then I Embraced her corpse
>>
>>50835539
Your argument was that every Sire is inherently abusive because every Sire is inherently a murderer. I'm pointing out that's not true. I'm not the one moving the goalpost here, my statement remains the same, you're just quibbling.
>>
a more combat focused ventrue with social as his secondary (former army officer known for inspiring his men in life) wouldnt need dominate would he? i'd much rather put that point into more resilience honestly
>>
>>50835854
You're not require to put points into any particular Discipline, so long as one point is in your Clan ones.
>>
>>50836202
i should have rephrased it, would dominate be useful for a ventrue who isnt going to steal the stage in social situations?
>>
>>50836219
Oh, a dot or two couldn't hurt.
>>
>>50836267
thanks man, kind of new to this wod thing and dont want to fuck up
>>
Anyone fancy sharing the new dark ages tome of secrets?
>>
>>50836615
Sorry anon, only ordered a POD book, not the pdf
>>
>>50836219
>You're in a fight
>You brought knife
>They brought gun
>You tell them: well now, let's talk about this
>They smile and take aim at your face
>You smile back and command them to drop it.
>They do
>You murder the shit out of them
>As in actually cut open their bellies.
>Gut them.
>See where they're hiding their shit.
>Remove said shit.

Yeah Dominate can be pretty useful in combat.
>>
>>50832389
>Doxxing

aka "OH NO SOMEONE READ MY FACEBOOK WHERE I REVEAL ALL MY PERSONAL INFO WHICH ANYONE COULD HAVE FOUND OUT ANYWAY"
>>
>>50834803
See, this is why I hate Requiem: it's obsessed with guilt tripping its players. I mean, if it was a person with whom I could have an ethical debate, that'd be fine, but having the unchallengeable authorial voice declare that I AM a bad person for taking people's blood periodically to survive is, well, not exactly conducive to a fun gaming experience.
>>
>>50837198
Vampirism is immoral in most fiction, except when vampires can feed exclusively on animals. It's a feature, not a bug.
>>
>>50837240
Under Masquerade, where mortals regenerate one blood point per day, it's not at all hard to feed in a manner that leaves no long-term damage.
>>
>>50837198
I'm sorry that you don't like when someone spells the metaphor out for you in the section on Storytelling advice, but if you can't handle "these are really clear metaphors" and discussions of different ways to look at that, that's on you.
Those things exist to help enhance the gameplay, and to be explicit about themes, which is important when there are people like >>50837257 who seem to think "well, I'm doing literal health levels of damage to someone, but it's okay because mechanically they don't suffer any long term damage from it, even though this is a clearly abusive and damaging relationship in any context of the concept".

So, yes, it kind of needs to be pointed out that your Daeva is basically made of date rape drugs, and no one likes her for her personality except the part of it that's magically enhanced and preternaturally beautiful and graceful.
>>
>>50837410
>"well, I'm doing literal health levels of damage to someone, but it's okay because mechanically they don't suffer any long term damage from it, even though this is a clearly abusive and damaging relationship in any context of the concept".
You do not do literal health levels of damage in Masquerade; this is something Requiem invented. Which is one reason I hate it.

>So, yes, it kind of needs to be pointed out that your Daeva is basically made of date rape drugs, and no one likes her for her personality except the part of it that's magically enhanced and preternaturally beautiful and graceful.
Good thing I don't play Daeva, then, and don't have a magically enhanced personality.
>>
>>50836625
Have you received it yet? If so what is the kuldonic sorcery like?
>>
>>50834803
>There’s no ethical answer.

Sure there is, walking into the sun.
>>
>>50837575
Feeding from animals is also acceptable, especially if they are set to be butchered.
>>
>>50837457
What do you do in Masquerade? What, does draining "Blood Points" from a human being do no actual damage, even though you're literally wounding them and drinking the wound? I'm sorry if a game wants to systematize biting into someone's throat

>Good thing I don't play Daeva, then, and don't have a magically enhanced personality.
Sometimes I give people the benefit of the doubt and then they say stupid shit that reminds me I'm giving them too much credit...
That is one example from many. Nosferatu for instance will have to deal with the way that they cause fear. Ventrue will have to deal with their aloofness.
All vampires, even Gangrel and Nosferatu, will have to deal with the way that they really are date rape drugs. And that's true of even Masquerade, because The Kiss was a thing even back then.

>>50837575
What if I'm using my unethical blood drinking to further the ends of aiding humans in ways that a normal mortal couldn't, even if only to assuage my conscience?
Checkmate, Hunters.
>>
>>50837575
Any ethical system that demands suicide is an ethical system unworthy of the name.
>>
>>50837589
>What, does draining "Blood Points" from a human being do no actual damage, even though you're literally wounding them and drinking the wound?
Correct. Well, it does do damage if you take more than two or three blood points, but not with under that.
>I'm sorry if a game wants to systematize biting into someone's throat
Unless you're a fangly Nosferatu or Nagaraja, it's no more of a wound than a hypodermic needle. Less, since vampires can instantly seal it with a lick.
>That is one example from many. Nosferatu for instance will have to deal with the way that they cause fear. Ventrue will have to deal with their aloofness.
Yes, I'm entirely aware. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt for saying stupid shit like "no one likes her for her personality," because that is a Daeva-specific insecurity. Saying that the Kiss is like a date-rape drug, however, isn't unakin to saying that sex itself is. Dominate or Majesty, sure, but the analogy breaks down with the Kiss itself, especially since that can be consented to beforehand.
>>
>>50836615
>Anyone fancy sharing the new dark ages tome of secrets?

Here you go https://www.sendspace.com/file/ix0730
>>
>>50837628
Anon, someone biting into your Goddamned neck should have negative repercussions. Requiem having it do damage isn't a bug, it's a feature.
It's also not giving me the benefit of the doubt to completely ignore the "this is one example" aspect and go "well, good thing that doesn't effect the characters I play then", when the point is that every character is effected by something similar.

>especially since that can be consented to beforehand.
Except that because of the nature of the Kiss, you don't need consent. That's the point. That's the function that it serves in vampire biology. It is there to keep the prey from panicking and running. It's a narcotic that induces calm and euphoria and desire. They want to experience the Kiss. If they've ever experienced it before, they know they can't fight it. If they haven't, they don't know what they're consenting to to begin with. Either way, once your fangs hit their through, whether or not they consented becomes completely meaningless, the outcome is the same either way.

Consent is a formality.
>>
>>50837590
>Any ethical system that demands suicide is an ethical system unworthy of the name.

pftt that because you are dirty leech lover. Vampire are scum, a dead vampire is a good vampire. Simple math.
>>
So. I've been thinking. One of the Dark Eras in the Companion is Geist: Roanoke.
How the hell does one make more than one possible story out of that?
Colony vanished. DONE.
>>
>>50837589
>What if I'm using my unethical blood drinking to further the ends of aiding humans in ways that a normal mortal couldn't, even if only to assuage my conscience?
>Checkmate, Hunters.

Obviously, you are just being irresposibly dangerous trying to contain the beast and any kind act you commit is just trying to buy back the damage you will potentially cause.

Your move leech.
>>
If you were running a game of VtR, how would you represent a chow yun fat vampire going full guns akimbo? Maybe just use the stats for SMG or something to represent it?

I really should have seen this coming when his character got a pair of 92fs..
>>
>>50837713
>Anon, someone biting into your Goddamned neck should have negative repercussions.
It does; you lose blood. The wound itself is quickly sealed.

As for the Kiss... eh. The important question is whether or not it does long-term harm, and if consent is a formality, then there's no point in feeling guilty either way for doing what one needs to do to survive (not that I agree with you on that).
>>
>>50837759
I'd represent it as an idiot who won't do any real damage in the end, since he can't add Vigor to those attacks.

But if you really need rules for going Dual Wielding? Well, I'd treat it as a medium burst with those weapons. Soaking up ammo as needed.
>>
>>50837802
Luckily he's got social stuff going for him so he doesnt really expect to be a monster in combat, he just wants to look cool and I really cant blame him.

Plus, while dual wielding IRL is stupid as fuck a vamp is probably going to have far more luck with it due to the supernatural advantages they have.
>>
>>50837846
Yeah. I'd slap a flat -5 (and not give him the autofire bonuses...) onto it unless he uses Quicken Sight or something similar to compensate for the fact that humans can't aim at two targets at the same time.
>>
>>50837865
Well you'd only do that when he's aiming at two different targets at the same time.
>>
>>50834529
>you'll be telling me feeding isn't rape
Because it isn't. Robbery and aggravated battery aren't rape either.
>>
>>50838114
Physiologically feeding is a sexual act for vampires, it is part of their breeding process (the embrace) after all.
>>
File: whattheass.png (377KB, 412x585px)
whattheass.png
377KB, 412x585px
>>50838183
Not, however, for mortals. That's like saying that a human sticking their dick in a tree is rape.

Sidenote: what the actual fuck, captcha?
>>
>>50837741
By involving ghosts in that. Duh.
Look at what Sleepy Hollow did.

... Where the entire town of Roanoke was transported to Tarrytown, NY in the future because Reasons™ and the Horseman of Pestilence was to blame.

>>50837759
I'm going to second >>50837802. Treat him as doing burst damage. There's a Fighting Style that helps with that. Or at least I could have sworn there was, but I can't find it. I think it was a Merit in Hurt Locker that let you do reloads instantly.
>>50837802
Not dealing with defense can make up for lack of Vigor.

>>50838231
>>50838114
Robbery and Aggravated battery don't force your victim to get sexually aroused and usually don't sexually arouse the perpetrator.
The Kiss on the other hand does.

>That captcha
>>
>>50838284
>Robbery and Aggravated battery don't force your victim to get sexually aroused and usually don't sexually arouse the perpetrator.
Kiss isn't only way of feeding. When you jump hobo in a dark alley, he will be scarred for life, not aroused.
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.