[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/, a newbish /co/mrad here, I made a short champaign for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: _F__eels__MxA_.png (2MB, 1333x798px) Image search: [Google]
_F__eels__MxA_.png
2MB, 1333x798px
Hey /tg/, a newbish /co/mrad here, I made a short champaign for my friends to play through only to find out that they don't want to try DnD until around summer, so I have months to fix my game. Is it advisable to run everything with me filling the roles as both players and DM?
>>
File: overview.jpg (2MB, 3150x2400px) Image search: [Google]
overview.jpg
2MB, 3150x2400px
>>50812836
Sweet Jesus don't do that.
>>
Nope, learn to improvise.
>>
As a way to test it? No reason not to.
>>
>>50812853
Why not? If you don't mind my asking?
>>50812871
I'm learning to get better at that, but I want to check and see how much I'd have to fluff rolls or what changes I'd have to make to ensure my players don't just die before level 3. While I don't want them to get carried, I also don't want them to be playing a DnD run of Dark Souls.
>>50812873
My only gripe is that, as the dm, I know what kinds of stuff might work best as far as preped spells and certain checks, it's kind of the whole "The Subject knows it's being tested and therefore ruins the test." Trope.
>>
>>50812836
Write. Out. Everything. Write out every single part of your campaign.

Every little detail. All of it. Put it in it's own special folder, Evernote book, whatever.

Now understand that only about 20% of that will be used as-written. Another 20% will get recycled into something else, and 60% will be entirely improv.

This is what it means to be DM.
>>
>>50812984
Well, that's what I've done, but now I want to run it and see wherein I need to change things around, but can I do this accurately while being both the DM and the player? It seems like there would be a conflict there, but I guess since I don't care about the characters I'd be using for it that means I wouldn't have to take it easy on anything.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.