[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Fantasy General Thread WFG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 50

Warhammer Fantasy General: Santa Franz Edition

>1d4chan
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook+%28Hardback%29.pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
http://www.the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
https://tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
>>
To start a thing off: who has the best ordinary life in the warhammer world? Most comfortable, secure, prosperous, most fun. This probably depends a lot on the individual races own view on life.
>>
>>50809980
High Elf.

>sitting around on my island
>a few slaves around
>magic myself up a drink, maybe have a wank
>>
>>50809980
Orcs.
The world is a crappy violent place where everyone is waging war and combat determines much of personal power.

The orcs are 100% okay with that.
>>
>>50809980
skink

>spend all day sunbathing and arguing with other skinks about completely inane bullshit
>>
>>50809994
>>50810019
>>50810024
Yes, feed me more completely different answers that all still might be true.
>>
>>50809249
In my Dwarfs campaign I am Santa Slayer.

Wiped out all the Chaos and eastern Vampire opposition, wiping out Wood Elves and Red Duke in the west. Franz, Tilea, and Border Princes are all that remains of humanity. Border Princes aggressively absorbed Sylvania, all factions implore me for an alliance since the power bar is oure tellow against each but only the wielder of Ghal Maraz recieves my favor. Each four turns I award him a stockpile of gold. So far he has spent his time purging Chaos and Vampiric taint from his lands and stationing troops in the Moot alongside Thorgrim and his Flying Circus of Gyrobombers.
>>
>>50809980
High Elves of the inner kingdoms. Life is idyllic, war is very rare.

Dwarfs come close. War more constant, but safety in the afterlife as Chaos consumed no Dwarf souls prior to End Times.

Then Marienburg.
>>
What's the official pronunciation of names like Heinrich (Kemmler) and Drachenfels? I've always pronounced them the German way, but lately I've started thinking that they're supposed to be pronounced the English way e.g. Heinrik.
>>
File: Lady.jpg (910KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
Lady.jpg
910KB, 1520x2688px
So this is what I'm working on currently. Adding her as a "Damsel" to my newly won on ebay Bretonnia army. I want my Damsel to be more trumped up and warrior "Joan of arc" like... Aaand plus didn't have the money to dish out for a Repanse...and I want her on foot anyway. She's primed now, I'll probably paint her later in the week...

The mini is from Hasslefree Miniatures..
>>
>>50810891
British game, so go fill your mouth with limes and kebab then whatever comes out is correct.
>>
File: Lady3.jpg (68KB, 834x293px) Image search: [Google]
Lady3.jpg
68KB, 834x293px
>>50810950
Came out darker than I wanted...here's the image from a painted version... Think she's make a good Damsel?
>>
>>50810950
I love Hasslefree. They do good shit.

Seen their last Kickstarter? A few would make good Brets and Empire girls.
>>
>>50810972
I like it.
>>
>>50809249
Last thread

>>50775637
>>50775637
>>50775637
>>
File: lady4.jpg (26KB, 400x475px) Image search: [Google]
lady4.jpg
26KB, 400x475px
>>50810978
>>50810993

Yea same here... and I sort of regret not getting this version where she's kneeling. But I'll see how the standing one comes out. Hasslefree has surprisingly good stuff.

No I haven't see the kickstarter, I don't want too many women, they honestly don't really "belong" in a Breton army
>>
File: latest[1].png (1MB, 864x550px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1MB, 864x550px
>Sigmar
>Unites a bunch of beardy tribesmen
>Needs the help of the Dwarfs to protect his realm
>Becomes a god

>Settra
>Unites all of Nehekhara
>Leads armies to conquer lands far and wide
>Builds titanic monuments to the Gods
>Ends up a bag of (mobile) bones

This is not justice.
>>
>>50812032
Settra wound up outside the cycle, immune to Chaos and eternal. He is part of the Wind of Death, and even withiut a body can always return some day. If Nagash feels like it.

Sigmar will canonically die and be destroyed in AoS and be consumed by Chaos like any man. Archaon will kill him, then replace him.
>>
>>50809980
Halflings, especially if they live in the moot. Drink, fuck, prank Stirlanders, take potshots at zambinos.
>>
File: rewarew.jpg (711KB, 2300x864px) Image search: [Google]
rewarew.jpg
711KB, 2300x864px
Sup senpai, just got these stunnin stunties for only $64, $15 shipping. That's like just the Warriors and Cannon new. Plus the better Gyrocopter model.
>>
File: Archaon.png (80KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
Archaon.png
80KB, 780x780px
>>50812256
fuck off, Archaonfag
>>
File: 1462755539222.jpg (68KB, 430x490px) Image search: [Google]
1462755539222.jpg
68KB, 430x490px
>>50812256
>before End Times, there were no absolutes
>now, no matter what, Chaos will definitely win with no hope of survival otherwise

It's kind of stupid. It's not as if I wanted a definite scenario by which the good factions would win, but now knowing there's no chance for them to takes the fun out of the fight.
>>
>>50813955
Basically idiots like Kirby and Gav 'Deep' Thorpe went 'durr if we make it more like 40k dat will make it more gooder DURR.'
>>
>>50813955
No, prior to End Times there was an absolute and that was that Chaos would win because everyone would go full-retard.

In AoS the only absolute is that Archaon will kill Sigmar, then pick up Ghal Maraz because Tzeentch himself and Archaon both predicted it (Archaon is a Chaos God, he has that clout now). Nothing else is a guarantee in AoS.

The shitty narrative is planting the seeds for Archaon to be redeemed, because apparently there's still good in him deep down and he has to kill Sigmar for it to come out.
>>
File: Storm of Magic (8ed expansion)-2.jpg (297KB, 744x1052px) Image search: [Google]
Storm of Magic (8ed expansion)-2.jpg
297KB, 744x1052px
>>50813955
Just imagine the Warhammer World is cyclical.
The End Times represents the end of one particular iteration. The Storm of Chaos happens in another. Blood Bowl occurs at some point due to chaos theory (small c).

And one version is the one where your games take place.
>>
>>50814338
Its a multiverse, where specifically the version of the Warhammer World that End Times and AoS happened in was cyclical.
>>
File: me irl.png (545KB, 482x712px) Image search: [Google]
me irl.png
545KB, 482x712px
>buy bretonnian army
>Gee dubs kills fanatsy
>all local players immediately go to sigmar and then drop it a month later for 40k

at least I still have total war
>>
>>50814880
You tried just continuing to show up and trying and rope people in? My community resurrected because of two guys playing every week.
>>
File: 1472182729150.gif (188KB, 500x956px) Image search: [Google]
1472182729150.gif
188KB, 500x956px
>>50814880
Don't feel bad, I just bought a full Bret army off ebay for a hell of a deal, and I know full well that AoS has subplanted all of the local gaming clubs. I'm more of a hobbyist anyway.

Thank being said, Total War Brets are probably in the pipeline but don't expect them *that* soon.

I like collecting and painting just for fun anyway, I haven't played an 8th edition game in a while.. Try to find meetups (meetup.com), craigslists groups and other more "underground" means of meeting fellow 8th and even 9th edition players. I want to try 9th out myself...
>>
>>50814909
local Gw banned fantasy and only allows sigmar cuz the manager had some beef with the local fantasy players. Every other game store if too far for me

>>50814985
they were confirmed for this coming February by CA
>>
File: questing.jpg (499KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
questing.jpg
499KB, 873x627px
>>50815073
Like I said, the internet is a hell of a hub to bring people together...use social media resources, craigslist to find groups...there's still 8th/9th players around
>>
>>50815073
>local Gw banned fantasy and only allows sigmar cuz the manager had some beef with the local fantasy players
Complain about the manager. GW may have shit business practices, but their customer service is pretty good usually.

Ask them to let Fantasy back. Push them on it being a GW product played with GW models.
>>
>>50815383
The old fanatsy players tried but GW said its was up to the manager because "technically" they dont support the game anymore
>>
File: Pegs.jpg (730KB, 2342x3010px) Image search: [Google]
Pegs.jpg
730KB, 2342x3010px
>>50815528
Yea it's what the red shirts are told to do. It's such money grabbing BS....god I hate AoS with such a passion....long live Bretonnia.
>>
>>50815073
Way to fuck himself out of paint-buyers
>>
>>50815528
Damn, fuck GW.

Hey, if /pol/ can meme magic a morbidly obese retard into office, can't we somehow nuke AoS?
>>
>>50815751
yep most of the fantasy players either quit the hobby or moved to 40k

>>50815800
>can't we somehow nuke AoS?
>implying it isnt already dead
>>
>>50815851
40k just got End Times.

Brilliant marketing.
>>
>>50815884
pft...don't get my hopes up...

You know I'd love to see Warhammer Fantasy come back and have AoS be a GW side game, like space hulk or blood bowl
>>
>>50815073
Call corporate. Inform them that their lack of customer loyalty means you'll never buy another product of theirs again, and have advised your fellow hobbyists to do the same. Pretend that you think this is a corporate policy deliberately designed to trick customers into being forced to buy new products.

Then sit back and wait for fuckface to get fired.
>>
>>50816023
This. Conceptually, AoS works as an intro game or a skirmish alternative.

But the lore is complete and utter shit.
>>
File: 1449427900693.jpg (211KB, 1280x656px) Image search: [Google]
1449427900693.jpg
211KB, 1280x656px
>>50816148
This. This. I don't even want to call it 'lore'. It's just stories that are as close to 40k as they can make something and still have it referred to as "fantasy".
>>
>>50816131
Bother to try.The guy placed himself in the Book Of Grudges himself! Hopefully they make him to backpeedle.
>>
>>50816201
But they don't know it. It's shit, but you are talking about guys who created Horse Heresay novels and strock their tiny weiners to primarchs while retconing light and left.

I sincerely believe that they think AoS lore is okay and refer to that Fyreslayers borderline-magical realm bullshit as ,,innovative concept".

People who loved fantasy, even as a genere, left the studio long time ago. Even LOTR was put on some other group, because they have paid with their souls for the license.
>>
>>50816456
>that Fyreslayers borderline-magical realm bullshit
The thing where there's no females?
>>
>>50816483
I think that whole Ur-Gold concept kinda shows indication that someone needs consultation.
>>
>>50816553
And parts that are kinda cool are eldar ripoff.
>>
>>50816553
How so? Collecting dust that was once Gotrek and tattooing yourself into it? Replacing love of drink for a ludicrous lust for gold?

I'm not saying it isn't shit, but I don't know where sexual fetish is coming into it. I mean, Slayers are basically short bears anyway.
>>
Bretonnian diplomacy in Total Warhammer is odd.

>Demand 7k gold and a military alliance
The debt you have accrued is due!
>Refuse
Bretonnia weeps at your refusal.
>>
>>50811073
>Hasslefree has surprisingly good stuff.
Dude.
It's just as good, if not better than GW.
Especially since GW uses finecast now.

Personally I think they are better simply because HF doesn't use the over the top heroic scale proportions
>>
>>50816772
>Price resin above metal

I can't even... It's not that resin is good for your health if you fucking eat it.
>>
File: 0dc5c44b57d5.jpg (376KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
0dc5c44b57d5.jpg
376KB, 1024x768px
>>50816772
Well the only problem with Hasslefree is they don't make actual armies, they make more special characters or lords style mini's. I don't mind **some** heoric sizes, but only when it makes sense...like Archaeon, or or that Tzeentch bird thing, but GW takes it (especially recently) way fucking too far with every fucking model being some epic herculean man-god thing.

I miss the days of pic related
>>
>>50816903
I'm a collector, so I love the odd stuff Hasslefree makes.
>>
>>50816896
I don't even know what you are trying to say. How does eating resin anything to do with what I just said?
I was referring to GW's shitty casting quality if you are inferring I was worried about safety concerns.

>>50816903
>Well the only problem with Hasslefree is they don't make actual armies,
They do have an extensive range of sci-fi Dwarves, the Grymn. Including a walker vehicle and different troop types. The sci-fi Troopers are also gonna get reinforcements.
There even was a rumor about a plastic sprue but I think that's just wishful thinking.
The modern troopers are a modular system so you could do an army with them too.

Granted they don't have much for fantasy wargaming, in particular WHFB. If you play a zombie apocalypse game you can get loads of great minis from them, or alternate stuff for Infinity for example.
They usually have miniatures that go together though.
Like the scooby doo or the stargate cast.

Mostly interesting for rpgs and collectors though.
Since WHFB doesn't exist anymore I made up my mind to forget about painting armies. I never game anyway.
>>
File: 1480989051816.jpg (67KB, 680x433px) Image search: [Google]
1480989051816.jpg
67KB, 680x433px
Hashut be praised, more slaves for your toil!
>>
>>50815259
Sometimes I'm surprised to see the Bretonnian Round Table still up.
>>
File: Knights of Leoncour.jpg (73KB, 453x450px) Image search: [Google]
Knights of Leoncour.jpg
73KB, 453x450px
>>50817250
We waited over ten years for a book that was basically done but was never released, it should hardly be surprising.
>>
>>50817041
General anger on using resin against pewter and still raising price.

My Henrich Kemmler is resin thanks to that.

Sorry, random outburst.
>>
>>50817428
Eh, it flooded the market and made secondhand cheaper to get.

My Vlad is metal, my Konrad and Isabella are Finecast, my old Vlad/Isa/Mannf are obviously metal. Now I just need new Mannfred and I have the whole family, unfortunately new Mannf is hard to get.
>>
>>50817428
>Sorry, random outburst.
No worries. I get it.
I ordered some blister packs from GW direct, because reasons, just when they made the switch.
They sent me an email asking if it'd be cool if they send me FC models instead of the metals I ordered for those that were out of stock. Same price.
I was a little worried, but said ok in spite of my concerns.

They were horrible. Every. Single. Miniature. Completely useless basically.
That was the last time I bought a resin mini from GW.

I mean I have loads of resin mini, but I have never seen quality that bad.
>>
>>50817613
Resin sucked ass for the big blocky ones, like Warriors. It was okay for Alarielle.
>>
File: 1482345520617.png (350KB, 1080x1223px) Image search: [Google]
1482345520617.png
350KB, 1080x1223px
What if instead of end times, we got something like storm of chaos but based on the actual results? the ones where chaos gets BTFO? I think i could get into this setting.
>>
>>50817735
But anon, the one rule of Warhammer is that only Chaos is important and there has to be pottery.

Look at AoS. Archaon is the main character now, which allowed Slaanesh to be killed. Because he's the real Sigmar.
>>
>>50817735
It's called WFRP 2nd edition. Maybe not to the extent of the picture you posted but Chaos got a serious wallop that gave the Old World a breather. Sure there's maruaders and beastmen in the forests but what's new.
>>
>>50817735
>chaos gods splitting up
I like this concept. Let the more powerful greater daemons and daemon princes go off to be their own minor gods and slowly gain their own personality now that they aren't slave to the big 4. The lesser daemons either follow one of the new minor gods and start changing to fit their new masters, or roam the now truly fractious chaos realms fulfilling the purposes they were originally created to do.

The chaos gods themselves each split into several lesser gods around sotek/sigmar/horned rat pre end times in strength that represent their main aspects, and not all of these gods are nessecarily evil.
>>
File: 1461789238029.jpg (107KB, 640x738px) Image search: [Google]
1461789238029.jpg
107KB, 640x738px
I know End Times isn't popular, but I was curious: in ET, the Skaven just completely conquer Tilea and Estalia, without even a single word as to how they did it.

Would anyone else want this to be fluffed out? I would love to see stuff like the Leopard Company returning to Luccini one last time to defend the temple of Lucan and Luccina, Galloper Guns being turned on Warp Lightning Cannons, the Estalians attempting a Reconquista with the body of El Cyd to rally them, all that cool stuff.
>>
>>50818996
No.
>>
>>50818996
BL author Josh Reynolds had a fan fiction type thing going on with the various characters and factions that were left out of the end times books. Really filled in the blanks and made endtimes somewhat bearable. He has writeups on everything from the fall of tilea to Grimgor sacking Cathay and the chaos dwarfs

Basically what happens to tilea and establish is that clan eshin plans a night of mass assasinations where thousands of generals, princes, tacticians, engineers and other important personnel were taken out in one night of terror. Cut off and leaderless, the city states fell in weeks.
>>
>>50817735
The best thing about Total Warhammer is that you can essentially give the middle finger to the End Times.
>>
>>50817801
Pretty much what I'm doing for my game.
The Storm of Chaos has been broken and the Empire is politically unstable but able to recover if heroes keep it from falling under the subversive forces that might tip it further over the edge.
>>
>>50817735
What exactly were the results from storm of chaos and how would they translate into the lore? I know chaos got BTFO and supposedly tomb kings and brets won big, but does anyone know the details?
>>
>>50819131
Did anyone collect all his fan stuff for ET?

They're the only thing good about the whole shitshow.
>>
>>50819372
Each battle was supposed to advance the story more, and GW counted on Chaos being so OP they'd surely be one of the finalists. Chaos didn't win a single battle, period.

In the most hamfisted way, GW had the results being that the battles were the forces of order making a glorious last stand against overwhelming odds before being defeated, so Chaos was written to win in a massive victory every time even though it lost badly.

Tomb Kings technically should have been finalists, but were written out as "just went home for some reason". But their reason for even being involved in the first place was pretty weak though.
Skaven made it pretty far, but GW had no clue what to do with them. They clearly had planned for the combined Dark Elf/Slaanesh army to go far, but they were knocked out early.

GW abandoned the idea of any of the other battles meaning anything, and just shoved Chaos into a defending position in the battle they decided would determine the ending, where Chaos controls the castle and the Empire has to break in which as far as crunch goes should have been an easy Chaos victory, but Chaos still lost. So GW decided to try and salvage their big story about Chaos ending the world by having players phone in to decide who won, and the result was actually Orcs and Goblins despite them having already been beaten.

So...basically everyone lost Storm of Chaos. Grimgor's army ran away into the hills while he was dueling Arbaal, Archaon was about to kill Valten while the last of the Empire was being butchered when Grimgor suddenly appeared out of nowhere and headbutted Archaon in the genitals, beat the shit out of him then laughed about how weak Archaon was and went back to the mountains to get his army back. The Warriors ran after seeing the Everchosen in the fetal position crying, and he retreated back to the north to plan another invasion like Failbaddon. Valten was taken to recover from his wounds where Skaven assassins stabbed him to death.
>>
>>50819662
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_of_Chaos_Online_Campaign
>>
>>50819662
Grimgor fought Crom, not Arbaal.
>>
File: latest[1].png (881KB, 482x729px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
881KB, 482x729px
>>50816651
Slayers are cool because they're suicidal nutters aiming to redeem themselves in the eyes of their peers and the gods by going out in a blaze of glory.

Fyreslayers miss the point by making them a clan of mercenary, gold-loving fire-dwarfs with volcano dragons.
>>
>>50812256
>this is what endfaggots ACTUALLY believe
top fucking kek, shitmar
>>
Please, talk me out of starting a Tzeentch WoC army after seeing new models. I don't want to spend that much money, but my willpower sucks.
>>
>>50819807
That's because fyreslayers are not just slayers. Their culture is more like a norse warrior lodge than death wishers
>>
>>50820337
It's stupid and for retarded memers. "I love goooooooooooold!!! xD"
>>
>>50820502
indeed. everyone knows dwarfs don't love gold. they just tell it that to get it into bed.
>>
How would WHFB change, if it was written by Pratchett?
>>
>>50820502
.... what? The fyreslayers are great. Honestly they're something that would fit into whfb well.
>>
>>50820581
if they wore pants, maybe. not the way they are now, tho
>>
>>50820587
Eh. That doesn't bother me so much. The sculpt quality variance is hilarious though
>>
How bad do LotR Dwarfs look when mixed with WHFB or third-party Dwarfs? I know Elfs/Humans have very different proportions, but deformed midgets can't be that different, right?
>>
>>50820581
>FYREslayers
>fit into Warhammer Fantasy
Hahahahaha. No.
>>
>>50814880

I've been collecting, painting and playing Bretonnians since 2nd Edition. And I'll never, ever stop. Fuck AoS and fuck GW.
>>
>>50820969
That's the right attitude !
>>
>>50820969
bah, I bet you buy new models and include new units, when army books add them

casual amateur
>>
File: fay enchantress TW.jpg (83KB, 673x960px) Image search: [Google]
fay enchantress TW.jpg
83KB, 673x960px
get hyped you subhuman bretonnian scum

>>50820581
Radious please go and stay go.
>>
>>50821233
(very very heavy skirmishers)
>>
>>50820581
people are still bitter here, man, try in a few decades
or on T9A forums - people are less hating of GW there, ironically
>>
Would you lewd a lahmian?
>>
>>50821296
sure, why not? it's male vampire fuckboys that are gay retarded shit. female vampire fuckgirls are perfectly fine.

no, I'm not being sarcastic or ironic.
>>
File: sigvald spurdo.png (46KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
sigvald spurdo.png
46KB, 853x543px
I bring fresh OC from /twg/
>>
why ain't Elves pals with Vampire Counts?
>bonding over being immortal
>both dislike dwarfs
>both see humans as dirty cattle mayflies

for a supposedly "Grey and Black Morality" setting, WHFB is soooo set it in its Good Guys - Bad Guys duality...
>>
>>50821373
>vampires full of dark magic
>"why aren't normal people friends with us Sad!"
>>
>>50821397
so it is Necromancy Shysh or Dhar? I can never get it straight, 'cos various sources say different things

also, as if that matters. it's not D&D where
>negative energy = EVUUULL
>but I use it to battle bad guys and save good guys
>EVUUUUL
>>
>>50821417
Both, but primarily dhar.

>>50821373
Because elves consider them abominations. Imagine a chimpanzee shaving itself, cutting its arms so they're shorter, and wearing a frame to force it to walk upright while it loudly proclaims itself human - that's how elves see vampires.
>>
>>50821478
so they think vampires are immigrants?
>>
>>50821417
Dhar is inherently corrupting and poisonous. It takes a while, but the longterm effects on mortals are monstrous. Especially around living fonts of high level dark magic like vampires.
>>
>>50821487
They think they're members of an inherently inferior race of animals who have hideously mutilated themselves (body and soul) seeking 'improvement.'
>>
>>50821489
Vlad and Neferata were around it for ages and are the most decent vampires around. So maybe it's small amounts are corrupting, but longer exposure is actually beneficial. Kinda like vodka, or like medicine in reverse.
>>
>>50821507
Vampires don't seem to be corrupted by dark magic (they don't get side effects from using it in WFRP, anyway), but they do seem go get progressively crazier. Vlad was stable, but Neferata barely ever leaves a navel-gazing trance any more, from what I remember.

There's some matter of debate, but it seems being around vampires is bad for mortals and their environment in the long term. Sylvania and Mousillon are two examples, and there's also the Badlands. Then again, those places were fell for a very long timr, so perhaps corrupt places merely attract vampires rather than get made by them.
>>
>>50821507
Vlad had no problems with killing entire communities of people and Neferata is described as being completely without humanity.
>>
>>50821709
If she is without humanity, then why did she show a bit of empathy to the dwarfs of the Silver Peaks?
>>
>>50821736
Not according to armybook fluff. She was so terrible that only some slayers still go to Silverpeak.
>>
>>50821709
so are elves! humanity is human thing. you wouldn't say it from the word origin, of course, but it is so.
and elves killed off entire communities too. there may be "good" guys in WHFB, but there ain't no "nice" guys.
>>
>>50821767
>captured slayers aren't killed, oh no
>That's what they want
>They're kept alive and humiliated for centuries
>>
>>50821816
that's how insane asylums works in real world, in fact
>>
>>50821798
Dark Elves are evil. High Elves don't kill civilians at all.
>>
>>50821397
>>50821876
you do realize it's circular reasoning?

>"Vampires and Dark Elves are evul."
>"Why?"
>"Because they use Dark Magic, which is bad."
>"Why is it bad?"
>"Because only evul guys use it, duh."
>"So... since High Elves don't use Dark Magic, they are not evil?"
>"Exactly!"

war between Darks and Highs is purely grey. there ain't good or bad guys there. some wear noblebright masks, some don't, that's it.

also, High Elves never fought against Empire or Bretonnia in fluff, and those are only factions with "civilians" in the game.

plus, there are Wood Elves, who kill peasants alright, and use Dark Magic, and are no worse than High Elves, just less obnoxious.
>>
>>50821953
Dark magic is corrupting look at what it does to humans who use them or live near it.
>>
>>50821966
they all look withered, and sickly, and slightly rotting alive, and drooling at the mouth, and being insane, and fucking farm animals... oh wait, those are untainted Bretonnian and Imperial peasants. So what does it do?
>>
>>50821966
ALL magic corrupts humans and the land. Dhar just seems to do it faster, with more deleterious effects.
>>
>>50821966
all magic is "corrupting", since it twists humans into its image. you can say Bright Wizards' temper issues are a corruption too. saying one influence is better or worse than other is... windist.
>>
>>50821838
>imprisoned for hundreds of years by obnoxious ojous

wew
>>
>>50822015
yup. never go insane. or at least learn to hide it well.
>>
>>50821953
Dark Elves wanna enslave all High Elves and make their dark magic corrupted leader the king.
Dwarves have civilians and they weren't mercilessly butchered during the War of Vengeance.
Wood Elves only use dark magic in the shitty 8th edition.
>>
>>50822001
The ghouls are the result of Dark Magic exposure. Corpses are sponges for Dark Magic and eating them exposes you to dark magic which mutates you into a ghoul.

Necromancers also exhibit the corrupting influences of Dark Magic though to lesser degree. .
>>
>>50822013
That's your headcanon. Every Vampire Counts armybook says that dark magic corrupts its user in the long run.
>>
>>50822025
>Wood Elves only use dark magic in the shitty 8th edition.

Hey, Morathi taught Ariel Dark Magic and that drove her to madness as she hungered for more power and she became hateful and cruel like a DARK ELF.

She was so mad that she wanted to eat Morghur and make his power her own.
>>
File: whf1.png (4MB, 1426x2055px) Image search: [Google]
whf1.png
4MB, 1426x2055px
>>50821953
>>
>>50822071
WutFace
>>
>>50822087
>Elves are better fighters than humans they said
>>
>>50822049
eating corpses is bad and devolving even in settings without dark magic.

ghouls are hardly different from bretonnian peasants. heck, one novel had a vampire character, who came from a whole village of cannibals - they looked like humans and he looked like human

>>50822059
you do realize all armybooks are written from Empire PoV, right? what else could it say?

>>50822025
all dwarves are warriors. heck, their engineers and miners are units in the game

>>50822087
okay, my bad, though that doesn't prove your point, since there was jsut one battle and no threat to civilians whatsoever
>>
>>50822071
explain
>>
>>50822107
what point? Im not the chap you've been talking to. I just saw you said elves and empire hadnt fought.
>>
>>50822106
>turns out it was just a few dozen elves and the "elf prince" was just an archer champion
>there were dragons alright, but one was lost due to sheer chance

>>50822129
sorry, confused you for another anon. same name, dammit.
>>
File: Flak_88_and_gun_crew.jpg (92KB, 1106x727px) Image search: [Google]
Flak_88_and_gun_crew.jpg
92KB, 1106x727px
>>50822087
>be elf
>get btfo by empire artillery.
pic unrelated.
>>
>>50822125
Read the 8th ED Wood Elf army book for the full story.
>>
>>50822107
Other settings don't matter in a discussion about Warhammer. It's been explicitly said that dark magic gathers in places of death, like graveyards, and ghouls got corrupted from corpse eating. You also can't compare Bretonnian peasants to ghouls, they're poor and stupid but still normal humans. You also shouldn't take Black Library into account at all and especially not Josh Reynolds, his grasp on the setting is even worse than other authors'.

Armybooks aren't written from the Empire perspective. Some of them have quotes from Empire people, but they have omniscient narrators.

Dwarfs have women, children and the decrepit who aren't warriors.
>>
>>50822224
okay, I see it's pointless to try to contradict the cliched "good guys - bad guys" division, even in such a grey-moraled setting as WHFB. they have spikes, means they are 100% irredeemably evil, dammit!
>>
>>50822224
>Dwarfs have women, children and the decrepit who aren't warriors.

Furthermore, it's worth remembering that dwarfs are on permanent war footing. There are male civics - miners, shepherds, craftsdwarfs, clerks, tanners, dyers, armorers, farmers, hunters - but all are trained to fight if the call comes, much like with high elves. Hell, even dwarfen women know how to fight.
>>
>>50822257
The rulebook straight up divides the armies into the good and the bad.
>>
>>50822224
>It's been explicitly said that dark magic gathers in places of death, like graveyards, and ghouls got corrupted from corpse eating.

Other way around actually. A small but crucial difference.
>>
>>50822319
it divides into "order" and "destruction", and the description pretty much says it's more of a political division
>>
>>50822059
>That's your headcanon. Every Vampire Counts armybook says that dark magic corrupts its user in the long run.

All magic corrupts in the long run. Dhar is only worse because it's raw, unp4edictable, a mish-mas of all "winds".
>>
>>50822360
Ones want peace and prosperity, the others want to topple civilization and leave only carnage and sorrow in their wake. These are not moral shades of grey.
>>
File: 20161222091507_1.jpg (583KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161222091507_1.jpg
583KB, 1920x1080px
What do you guys think of a small mod that gives the empire much needed different infrastructure buildings for a boost?
>>
>>50822353
What do you mean?
>>
Night's Dark Masters mentions that male Lahmians are rare but do happen. Just how rare are they?
>>
>>50822743
the one who turned ulrika was a male vampire.
>>
>>50822743
"Your special snowflake PC is the only one in existence" rare.
>>
>>50822632
Spontaneous undead occur in places with concentrated dhar, it is not that undead attract dhar by default. Dhar is either magic as it occurs straight out of the warp, uneven/unpurified or deliberately fucked-up mixes, or winds that have grown still, pooled together with other stagnant magic, and rotted.
>>
>>50822466
But technically, this is not true for any faction, aside from possibly orks and.ogres, and even those aren't doing it because their end goal is destruction, they're just fighty and hungry, respectively.
>>
>>50822829
That dude was a serious asshole with delusions of grandeur even by vampire standards.
>>
>>50822953
I didn't say that undead attract dark magic, I said that places of death attract dark magic.
>>
>>50823016
Ogres aren't evil or "destruction", they're neutral. Are you seriously arguing that Chaos or Dark Elves aren't evil?
>>
File: dark magic.png (141KB, 296x272px) Image search: [Google]
dark magic.png
141KB, 296x272px
>>50822425
So can you provide a source for your claims then?
>>
>>50818996
Not really. As with most things End Times, I prefer to ignore them, barring a couple bits like based Duke Jerrod.

All the secondary human nations being wiped out effortlessly was one of the things that soured the most about the whole thing. As well as the Skaven suddenly becoming hyper-competent Chaos sidekicks as opposed to their usual self.
>>
>>50823075
Define "evil".

>>50823094
I'm unfortunaly on a phone, and away over Yule, so best I can do is to tell you to search in WHFRP2 Winds of Sorcery and Tomd of Corruption.
>>
>>50823279
Oh I've been arguing with a moral relativist all this time, never mind then.
>>
>>50821233
>no fuckheug hat thing

I didn't really like it, but now she's kinda generic.
>>
>>50819807
How is that sexual though? Magical Realm is /tg/ speak for a sexual fetish forced into the game.

>>50820034
No, that's me parroting GW's canon. I don't consider it good, and disregard most of ET.
>>
>>50820233
You have nobody to play with and the future of support is bleak. Especially if AoS fails.
>>
>>50823295
ugh, no, I was a different guy, and I wasn't a moral relativist, I was more like, "there's evil, and everyone is a somewhat evil asshole"
>>
>>50820581
They exist. They're the full-retard Dwarfs who attack Lustria/Nehekhara/Ulthuan for gold and invariably all die.
>>
>>50823508
I didn't ask to talk out of WHFB in general, just of starting a new army
>>
>>50823508
I dislike sigmar but I don't think it's going anywhere. I thought it would fail but GHB has turned it into "every other 40k players secondary project"
>>
>>50823535
was ist GHB?
>>
>>50823508
The will always be TW and the RPG.

AoS failing would be a good thing. If being a Battletech fan taught me anything, it's that the only consolation to losing your setting to a gay bastardization is watching that bastardization fail and its fans get fucked over.
>>
>>50820518
Daemons would not be villainous by intent. Warriors would not be overwhelming and would be opportunists who struck when mankind was weak. Dark Elves would be more comically villainous. Good would be full of Toddbringers.

>>50820875
I have the Goblin Town Dwarves, they don't match too well. Proportions are too different, Tolkien ones are skinny and proportional while Dwarfs have tiny legs, huge bellies, and huge heads.
>>
>>50823557
not all of use enjoy revenge, anon
also, they brought back Blood Bowl and may bring back Mordheim. for that I'd forgive them killing WHFB (since I've got T9A which is same thing, but better)
>>
>>50823576
what about newer Dwarfs, like Ironbreakers/Irondraker or Hammemererers? They look /fit/ enough
>>
File: King Leon Court.jpg (794KB, 1450x1542px) Image search: [Google]
King Leon Court.jpg
794KB, 1450x1542px
>>50821233
Who dat? That's not the Fey Enchantress, that's Lileath.
>>
File: IMG_0202.jpg (189KB, 640x1007px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0202.jpg
189KB, 640x1007px
>>50821296
If I can't a femDwarf, sure.
>>
>basic siege weapons are available to all armies for fixed price, some armies can take these or those trimmings to them
>all general combat units can choose to swap their weapons for shields and/or spears, excluding those, who have weapon-related names, like Greatswords

would that be stupid?
>>
>>50821816
Slayers want death in battle advancing the>>50821838
goals of their race. The Oath is unfulfilled if its a bad death.
>>
>>50821953
Want original canon? Dark Magic was taught to Dark Elves only by Slaanesh. Nagash learned Dark Magic and turned it into Necromancy. Dark Magic is inherently corrupting because it harnesses massive amounts of volatile power.

High Magic is the opposite of Dark Magic. It blends all Winds into one balanced one. Slann taught it to the High Elves. It almost never muscasts or does what is unintended and has no corrupting influence.
>>
>>50823549
The book GW released 9 months after AOS released to make it more like WHFB
>>
>>50823603
What are the headdresses all Bretonnian noblewomen wear called, anyway?
>>
>>50823279
>Winds of Sorcery
Derp meant Realms of Sorcery. I can't see what I'm writing.

>>50823295
No, I'm not the one you've been arguing with, but moral is relative unless you define what set of values we're using as a framework. Chaos and Dark Elves are two completely different brands of would-be evil, even from a human, humanist perspective.

Buut my point had nothing to do with evil. My point was that what was said doesn't apply to any faction besides the Orks and Ogres, and even those are pretty arguable.
>>
>>50823603
goddam battlepope, was their ever a model made of this hero?
>>
File: IMG_0210.jpg (94KB, 913x553px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0210.jpg
94KB, 913x553px
>>50823599
Still not proportional. Tolkien ones are like short humans.

I can't do a side by side until I get home in none hours, but you can see what I mean here.
>>
>>50823729
I think it's called a hennin, but Bretonnians usually have way fancier ones than the historical examples.
>>
>>50823941
The Hobbit dwarfs were much more human proportioned than the LotR dwarfs
>>
>>50821233
Damn she has massive hands. But she looks exactly like lileath without that fancy hat. Hopefully it becomes a skin or an item you can equipt her with

>>50821417
Necromancy is Dhar wrapped in Shyish. Liber necris describes it as using death magic as a sort of tongs to grab dhar and protect from its most corrupting effects. Of course the shyish doesn't completely contain the dhar and some leaks out, resulting in corruption anyways, but it's safer this way than to manipulate pure dark magic.

>>50821816
There are fates far worse than death. I imagine that horrible, twisted, absolutely degrading things were done by Nef to deny those slayers their worthy deaths. I also imagine that it usually doesn't end well for slayers who go up against KoS and slaaneshi champions...
>>
Guys, I am trying to make an infrastructure mod for the empire for TW:WH because I feel like their campaign game is a little lacking compared to other factions.
I want to add things like roads and supply depots to the empire and allow the empire to colonize land in norsca/the chaos wastes.

what kind of public works does the empire have in lore?
>>
>>50822953
>winds that have pooled and rotted

Am I the only one that finds this element of Warhammer Fantasy fascinating? I can't think of another setting that treats magic that way.
>>
>>50822143
Why shouldn't they be able to defeat elves or dwarves in that matter?
Sometimes I think people overestimate those factions or underestimate the Empire.
>>
>>50824933
Black Library is not a good source of fluff. No armybook has ever said that necromancy is anything but dark magic and it's extremely unsafe. Liber Necris also says that Vlad taught Vanhel necromancy.
>>
>>50825108
Sewers
Aquifers and Aqueducts and Wells
Sawmills
Coaches
Charitable hospitals and orphanages
Workshops
Foundries
>>
>>50825215
Warcraft kind of, except when magic becomes stagnant it breaks reality like Dr. Who shit.
>>
>>50825495
Necromancy is dark magic, it's just the mages use death magic as tongs. It's still dark magic that powers things.

Liber necris is a fine tome

Army books, especially newer books, don't get into metaphysics of the world, just the history for the most part
>>
>>50821953
>and those are only factions with "civilians" in the game.

Wrong.
>>
>>50825215
I honestly love it. I think Realms of Sorcery paints really good pictures of how different winds behave differently, and if you have witchsight you can actually see how the wind of life pools and grows, or how the celestial winds swish and swoosh in the heavens.

I want to play a game of where everyone is at least an apprentice wizard, and really play up witchsight and such.

There's also the theory that the reason humans see the winds the way they do is because that's how they conceptualize the world, and that there aren't really winds at all, it's just something that permeates the world to different degrees, sorta like how there's more colours than we can see, but, well, we can't see them, so we can't differentiate.
>>
>>50823696
WFRPG has some interesting distinctions to make between Necromancy, Dhar, and True Dhar.
Apparently Necromancy and Dhar can be used for beneficial effects, but it's unrefined and raw magical nature gradually corrupts the user over time, akin to mainlining an extremely powerful drug without diluting it.
What Dark Elves practice is True Dhar, which CANNOT be used in any way other then the hurt, destroy, kill, and cruelly manipulate.

So it's not that Dhar and Necromancy are evil, it's just that like the raw energy of Chaos itself mortal beings simply aren't capable of safely handling it long-term without horrific side effects, much like how warpstone is really just solid magic but can't be handled safely either.
True Dhar on the other hand IS objectively evil, drawing only from negative emotions and sensations.
>>
>>50825644
I've always liked it too.
I kind of liked the gentle distinction it makes about magic and power itself not being evil but too much of it incorrectly handled definitely causing lots of problems.
>>
>>50825760
Bull. True Dhar just happens to be magic before it fractures, sorta like a smoothie in which you cannot possibly discern what is in it or how much is strawberry and how much is wheatgrass. Dhar can be used for whatever, but the nature of it probably makes it really fucking hard to do something constructive.

And this is true for any Dhar, not just true, it's just that for most dhar, it just doesn't matter (or you don't care) where the magic comes from. It could be 70% Shysh, 20% Aqshy and 10% 'Other' and it'd still be Dhar. Just not 'True'.
>>
Why can Imperial wizards only use on Wind of Magic? 8 is bad, but why is 2 or 3?
>>
>>
>>50826112
Answer to the first question is that humans are weak and easily corrupted. By focusing on one "wind" (whther they are real or not) you only need to focus against that influence and it's got predictable results. This is why all the wizards get increasingly "iconic", like Bright Wizards being angry people with red hair and glowing tattoos.

The answer to 'why 8' is that 8 is Tzeentch's holy number, if I remember correctly.
>>
>>50826112
It's not that they can't, it's that High Magic is EXTREMELY difficult and takes a very long time to learn to use. The only place that teaches it is the sorcery school in Uluthuan, and the studying process takes longer then human beings actually live.
I believe it's because you basically have to do something similar to drawing on Dhar but carefully removing the "negative" side effects of it, which is not an easy task to perform by any means.
>>
>>50825495
If we're gonna be like that than all the cool stuff from liber chaotica and all the other rpg supplement sourcebooks gets thrown out the window. The army books are actually a pretty sparse source of lore.
>>50826112 hebhuman mind isn't meant to handle that. It's like walking in 2 directions at once or imagining what 360 vision looks like. Any human mage who tries to manipulate more than one usually starts going mad
>>
>>50826210
If you read Realms of Sorcery it tends to be that the more winds a human mage uses the more likely they are to go insane or misuse the winds.

Wizards can see all winds but if they don't focus on specific winds they end up losing there minds when they try to perfect wielding all of them.

So human mages can't use high magic.
>>
>>50826190
Tzeentch's sacred number is 9, the reason there are 8 winds of magic is because the chaos star has 8 arrows and all magic is from chaos.
>>
>>50826370
Sorry, I completely misunderstood the question but in my defence, itwas mostly gibberish.
>>
>>50826286
And let's be clear on the fact that it takes centuries for elves to learn practical high magic. So even if we could, we don't live long enough.
>>
>>50826210
It's not about taking dhar and purifying it. It's about taking all the winds and weaving them together in very specific, set patterns, with predictable outcomes. You are basically creating a form of dhar on purpose, just that instead of it being this unpredictable mess, this rotting mud, it's a carefully cross-stitched shirt, or a houze built of multiple materials.
>>
So what weapon would you reccomend on an Empire general?
I was leaning towards the lance, but I want to make sure he's relatively viable in the event I find someone to play against.
>>
>>50826595
I would expect an Empire general to have a sword and a retinue at best. Frontline lancing sounds like some Bretonnian crazy-talk.
>>
>>50826665
He will be on horseback, to be specific
>>
File: 1477013886650.jpg (156KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1477013886650.jpg
156KB, 800x800px
>>50821257
>try in a few decades

>your product is so bad that it takes fans 20+ years to grow apathetic toward it
>>
>>50826190
9 is Tzeentch, 8 is Khorne, 6 is Slaanesh and I think 7 is Nurgle.
>>
>>50826999
Horned Rat is 13 obviously.

What's Archaon? He apparently absorbed Slaanesh's shit, so it he 69?
>>
>>50823941
I meant actual infantry, not fuckboy characters
>>
File: IMG_0246.jpg (67KB, 633x484px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0246.jpg
67KB, 633x484px
Hey Warhams, Steam winter sale just started. Total Warhammer on sale.

Doesn't look like any DLC is though.
>>
>>50827927
Thanks for the heads up though!!! I'm waiting to get the Elf content, so I'll keep my eyes peeled to see if it drops a d let people know...
>>
>>50827927
>25%
fucking ridiculous
waiting for 50% or more
>>
>Be an old WHFB player
>GW kills WHFB and upsets everyone in your community
>Literally everyone moved to Warmahordes instead of AoS, including you
>Try to forget about WHFB
>End up buying the Total War game and realize how much you miss the old word while looking at your old army gathering dust

I know I am preaching to the choir, but I haven't visited this threads in over a year and Total Warhammer just reopened the wound and rubbed a bunch of salt into it so I need to vent somewhere
>>
>>50828779
Come, stay. Most of us are doing the same, a few getting forces together but mostly due to Total Warhammer.
Discuss lore and painting with us. Or storytime how your campaign is going.
>>
>>50828779
The irony is that while GW killed WFB, it's now non-supported setting is getting a lot of attention via two fairly successful video games.
>>
A long while ago I saw a comic page with a dad and a son trying to buy some minis from a game shop. The nerds at the counter are telling the kid what colors he has to paint his Wood Elves and Ultramarines and that he needs to buy a full army and not just what he wants to play with so the dad storms out of the shop with the kid, then it shows the shop went out of business.

Anyone have that? Please?
>>
>>50828587
Waiting for torrent
>>
>>50828871
Remember how when the game came out like a month later they scrambled to put the minis in the game on the "If you liked Total Warhammer buy the minis" page but only put the most expensive kits and since mist of the range is squatted could only put a handful that became "Last Chance" immediately?
>>
>>50828838
i guess I will because fuck I miss the old world, I miss fielding my army, I miss getting new novels, I miss Marienburg, Ulthuan, Altdorf to the point it fucking hurts
>>
>>50828937
You have become a Dawi.
>>
Ok guys, I'm here to ask for some help.

Tomorrow I'm up against dwarfs, as skaven, in a 4k point battle.

I have no fucking ideo on how to break his gunline.

Stormbanner is a must, and I've been wondering about bringing 2 bells (for the "war machines go boom" result)

Skavenslaves are a must, but I'm probably leaving the HPA at home (too many cannons).

What else can I use as a good hammer unit vs them?
>>
File: aapainting.jpg (2MB, 1373x2000px) Image search: [Google]
aapainting.jpg
2MB, 1373x2000px
>>50828937
That feel.... I know brah... 7th/8th were the pinnacle I think... Loved the lore and the feel of the life in WFB... To think it's been turned into space ultra cosmanaunts bullshit is just depressing...

But fear not... we're always around to talk shop for Warhammer Fantasy.
>>
>>50828937
As a Battletech fan, I know your pain. My advice? Place that anger aside, save a small amount. Compress that into hatred, and any time you encounter the uninformed, use that hate to turn people off the successor product. It's not like getting the Old World back, but watching an unworthy successor fail is deeply satisfying.
>>
>>50829052
Don't know what your list looks like, but I'd do only 1 Bell, and a warp cannon... plus rat orge's
>>
File: 1369820093453.png (2MB, 1098x699px) Image search: [Google]
1369820093453.png
2MB, 1098x699px
>>50827927

To everyone actually...random question, do 3rd party mods in Total War: Warhammer, stack with other mods? Like if I download the Bretonnia mod pack that allows bretonnia it's own campaign and expanded units... will it still work with the store DLC and other 3rd party graphical mods?
>>
>>50828912
Yeah, I do.
I swear, GW is run by such fucking morons.
>>
>>50830456
I think generally they've been doing a bit better though - some of their releases weren't great, but the Sisters have been nice, and the prices seem a little fairer.

It's just now GW is left with this mess that it's shit the bed with. I'm sure people got fired or replaced, but it's too late to undo the damage - if they scrap AoS now, it's probably a loss in profits since they gotta figure out what to do with all those new round-based models.
>>
I recently picked up Vermintide and have been considering getting either Man O' War or Mordheim, which one is more fun?
>>
>>50831862
There's hope since the repackaged Island of Blood has both square and round bases.

Maybe they'll bring back Fantasy the way they did Storm of Chaos by disregarding the last event, but keep AoS around. That's the best way to do it, then you have two sets of free advertising for the same models. They don't even need to do a 9e, they just have to release the 8e book on pdf download.
>>
>>50831881
Man O is unfinished, they're adding to it as time goes on. Its playable now but there's a lot of framework left undeveloped.

Mordheim is HARD. Also, their prediction for your chance to hit or block or dodge is really fucked up so you have to ignore percentage chance (99% chance to hit, miss twice in a row for example). Which is fair because you should be banking on your own knowledge of what your dudes are best at and what the thing you're trying to hit is capable of anyway.

So it depends. Mordheim can leave you tearing your hair out, so unless you want to wait for more completion I'd push you to go Man O.
>>
File: sod.jpg (70KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
sod.jpg
70KB, 600x620px
>>50831943

Okay, it's OP here...I hate to bring AoS shit into my own WFB thread... but THIS is really huge news guys... This is living proof that GW MAY still have an inkling of hope to return WFB to a life support position!

I really really think we should all buy a box of Spire of Doom... This could be the encouragement GW needs to do more of the same...it's LEGIT WFB models... I"m fucking stunned..
>>
>>50832047
I would, but I've already purchased two Island of Bloods before now.

But hey, I'll pick up some more Reavers secondhand which should encourage people to buy more to sell unit by unit.
>>
>>50832189
:bro fist: mah nigga helpin' the cause
>>
>>50832047
If they bring back Battle Of Skull Pass, I'm totally fucking in.
>>
>>50832530
Baby steps...baaaaaby steps...let's support this first, and get them eager to do more WFB type packages..
>>
>>50832047
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Island_of_Blood

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Spire_of_Dawn
>>
>>50832047

I'm on the mailing list when it restocks. I want cheap Ratmen more than anything.

I have noticed that AoS support has all but slowed to nothing.

We're getting new Tzeencth stuff in January but that won't change or invalidate any of the old stuff. This definitely makes me think GW doesn't know exactly what to do and whether to have a slight rollback.
>>
>>50831943

Best thing to do is have a series of books, End Times style, that lead up to some cataclysmic event.

At the end of it all Sigmar's about to loose but finds some magic dohicky or something, doesn't the world have a stone at it's heart, then he presses the reset button.

He and his angels reside in some equivalent of heaven while the Old World is restored. 9th edition gets a significant simplification and AoS gets more depth and become Fantasy Skirmish. Those on rounds can only play Skirmish (that's all they probably care about anyway) and those on squares can play both.
>>
>>50832762
...I...don't really want Sigmarines in Fantasy. I mean, if someone wants to proxy them as something, sure. But they don't belong lorewise.

Also, I wouldn't give GW a check to make Sigmar a character in Fantasy rather than a god from the distant past. They need to get back to talking about irritable Dwarfs and minor Chaos warbands, not this god and realm nonsense they've been shitting out.
>>
File: 1460672827624.jpg (20KB, 322x480px) Image search: [Google]
1460672827624.jpg
20KB, 322x480px
>>50832762
Honestly, if AoS was an actual post-Ragnarok scenario like it sets itself up to be - only in this case, it's everyone fighting to rebuild the remnants of the Warhammer World - that would be amazing. It would give a purpose to all the fighting, and might make for some interesting motivations for forces like the Undead, who might not outright wish the world destroyed, but would have little stake in a new one.
>>
>>50832813

Well this is all hypothetical and very unlikely anyway. But really we need some give and take, GW won't invalidate all the Smegmarines.

Other than that all of AoS becomes a warp or heaven realm, bit it would be weird having humans in both realms. Humans and Dwarfs etc. should only be mundane.
>>
>>50832762
>tomb kings back
>brettonians back
>whfrp back
>no more mary suemarines
>sensible world
please dear tzeentech let it be
>>
File: MapofEmpire.jpg (153KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
MapofEmpire.jpg
153KB, 873x627px
>>50833086
We can only pray brother... I feel like one of the rebels in Rogue One... trying to establish something here for GW to bring back WFB...
>>
>>50832865
Or maybe both games and both settings exist, Warhammer Fantasy goes to 7e/8e lore and AoS continues to get updates.
>>
>>50833086
Nah man, Sigmarines get their shit pushed in basically every battle.

Archaon is the only Sue.
>>
>>50833371

I could live with this but it's just replacing our current predicament with a slow painful death. No updates and no maintenance would just make the game dwindle to nothing.
>>
>>50833371
>>50833584

Don't hold your breath on that... GW couldn't barely keep WFB funded...there's no way they can support both games.
>>
File: Knight of Simar's Blood.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Knight of Simar's Blood.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
>>50833274
[Halberds eternally]
>>
>>50833584
I just want AoS to not be the end of the Fantasy universe. Its such trash.
If they can undo Storm, they should undo AoS at least as far as to making it only one of many endings.

>>50833613
What do you mean? Its the same model line.

The only thing I want is for them to go back and say "Age Of Sigmar happened. But in the multiverse, it is only one of many possibilities" then give you the option when you buy a model from their site to select if you want round or square bases.

I'm not asking for anything new, or a complete revival of the game. Just not being given the options of:
1) Play AoS, love the lore
2) Fuck off
>>
>>50833613

Yep, really they have to be merged if Fantasy were to come back. By this though I mean take 99% of Fantasy's lore but go 50/50 on the rules.

Look at AoS right now, when was the last update? They haven't even finished converting the Fantasy factions yet.
>>
File: 1461616805245.png (4MB, 1928x916px) Image search: [Google]
1461616805245.png
4MB, 1928x916px
I honestly think there was a more distinct beauty in just letting WFB end. Before AoS came out, there was something tragic about the loss, not just repulsive in knowing what would replace it.

Turning it into AoS, and then bringing it back, wouldn't guarantee success - AoS adherents would hate their new game being taken away from them or being forced to switch back, and I don't think the old guard of WFB is large enough to give GW the sales it really wanted. And I don't think having both is something GW can afford from a business perspective - they sunk all this time and marketing into AoS, making sure it was going to stay and stay put, they can't just turn it into a skirmish game or keep it as some alternate.
>>
>>50833844
I don't see why not. They make more money with only the smallest bit of effort to just say both exist.

Again, same models. All you need is a dropdown selection when placing an order to ask for round or square bases when you buy something. Hell, by selling pdfs of the 8e game books they might stand to make a bit more money selling existing product anyway.
>>
>>50825515
merci
>>
>Playing Total War Warhammer
>Be Dwarfs
>Make Wood Elves my vassal

>mfw
>>
File: 19.png (3MB, 1043x1432px) Image search: [Google]
19.png
3MB, 1043x1432px
>>50813232

That was an amazing deal and fuck me Miners, those cunts are like hens teeth.
>>
>>50832047
Stop being retarded. It's a Age of Shitmar release under an old name to capitalize on it's popularity.

Furthermore, I don't WANT GW to resurrect Fantasy. They deliberately trashed the setting and went out of their way to shit all over everything. It's better if they stay as far away as possible.
>>
>>50834753
But that's a new name. Also, it comes with round and square bases both.

Let's both agree that they should leave the setting where 8e left it and never write new lore again because they can only fuck it up, and we'll disagree on if they should call it supported or not.
>>
>>50828891
Waiting for Mr Sacks
>>
>>50832047
>>50832189
>>50832525
>>50832530
>>50832602
>>50832762
>>50832832
ITT: Shills and people showing that they're still willing to suck GW cock and wanting them to fuck over Fantasy one more time.

It's genuinely disgusting to see. You people really are sunk-cost beaten housewife retards.
>>
Would you pat a skaven?
>>
>>50832047
>I really really think we should all buy a box of Spire of Doom.

>>50832530
>If they bring back Battle Of Skull Pass, I'm totally fucking in.

Buying Age of Sigmar products will not support fantasy in any way. Don't reward this behaviour.
>>
>>50835064
So would you just rather the setting and wargame die forever, and let AoS grow and prosper?
>>
>>50835590
AoS is neither growing nor prospering. Let it die, let them learn the lesson.
>>
>>50835112
patting a skaven when clan pestilen exists?
>>
File: 1479959688826.gif (83KB, 492x465px) Image search: [Google]
1479959688826.gif
83KB, 492x465px
>>50815800
You have to make decent oc memes.

Behold, the power...
>>
>>50823075
Just a small interjection, but didn't the Ogres literally devour the Sky giant civilization, and only seek food as currency and status?

They may not be a hard lined "Destruction" faction, they most assuredly are far away from Order.
>>
>>50832813
Frankly, if bearing with the Sigmarine addition is the price to get the Old World back I'll take it
>>
>>50835112
yas
>>
File: Dogs_of_War_army_Book_pdf[1].jpg (166KB, 674x963px) Image search: [Google]
Dogs_of_War_army_Book_pdf[1].jpg
166KB, 674x963px
Hey guys, do you know where I can find a complete list of dogs of war units with all the regiments of reknown ?

I've got the 5E army book and a two-part pdf that I think comes from WD, but it still lacks things like Menghil Manhide's Manflayers.
>>
>>50835590
Yes. And AoS won't grow and prosper, don't be ridiculous. The only ones pushing it are literal shills, and the only ones buying it are the mentally challenged and the desperate housewives.
>>
We need to reinstitute the /wfg/ rule of "No End Times, No Age of Shitmar".

>>50836362
It's not the Old World anymore. GW saw to that with the End Times. If all you want is a ruleset to play TT in, there's older editions or the 9th Age. No need to inject autism into the Warhammer Fantasy setting.
>>
>>50835590
The setting is better off dead, because lives on "as is" just fine, if you completely disregard anything End Times and Age of Sigmar. Anything GW can do at this point would only make things worse.
>>
>>50836778
Sorry, if they were unhappy with AoS, they wouldn't have fund 40kids End Times Two: Electric Bongaloo. They will do a lighter one, but axing unpopular factions and grouping factions at big husks with cringe lore reworks are word of the day. Everyone on the board seems to be wet from exhileration about even bigger Spess Murine dick to be given to the setting and they will get it, because apparently armor clad powerfantasy brings money.

So sorry. They are here to stay. Play RPGs, Total War and 9th Age or your favourite past edition. But from Gee Dubs expect nothing- they did not even list Mordheim between games to be resurrected at first.

I propably buy Skaven SoD, but only as they are small WHFB army that suits me. Not as tribute paid to private company that repedetly fucked my custormer loyalty. Cool folks that made me attached to the whole thing are either senile and don't take part in decisive process (like Blanche) or don't work there at all (like Perrys or Rick Priestley) and Roundtree/Kirby changing places is PR trick that is so simple that it's baffling. So, fuck GW, you don't own them sucking dick so you could pay them money for products.
>>
>>50836907
Pretty much spot on what i wanted to say.
>>
>>50836907
>Roundtree/Kirby changing places is PR trick that is so simple that it's baffling
Dude. it's the year 2016. GW finally decided to embrace social media and the internet as a marketing platform.
If it's a 'PR trick' it's been an insanely long term and self desctructive one.
>>
>>50836973
You do not understand. I mean that changing places between Kirby and his right hand man and claiming ,,Now we are good guys srsly, love us just like in 1995!" is a marketing strategy.

I mean:
Judge ONLY deeds and buy ONLY what has eunough product value. Do not SUPPORT company that claimed ,,Lol we are private buisness" when you complained. For they are only that and they do not deserve any loyalty or attachment. There is only buisness if they have good stuff for resonalbe price.

Chinaman has great stuff btw.
>>
>>50837081
>I mean that changing places between Kirby and his right hand man
Thought Kirby retired?
>>50837081
>Judge ONLY deeds
They got warhammer tv where they answer hobby questions
They got two blogs
They included a community created points system in the generals handbook
They have a facebook again
They actively seek out feedback now via facebook on certain issues
They even engage via facebook with certain posts
They changed WD back to a format that harkens back to the good old day, even though it's not quite there yet
They brought back the Specialist Games Studio
They rereleased Blood Bowl
They rereleased Combat Patrol
They rereleased Space Hulk...the third time for the new installment even
They got smaller games like Gorchosen that get you massive discounts. The game is supposedly even good.

>and buy ONLY what has eunough product value.
That's entirely subjective.
Personally I'm not gonna support a company that asks for 25€ for a single model. That's redonculous.

>Do not SUPPORT company that claimed ,,Lol we are private buisness" when you complained. For they are only that and they do not deserve any loyalty or attachment.
Not sure what you are getting at here. Over the last decade they always went for the short term profit and seemingly went out of their way to piss of their old fans. That aside they ARE a publicly traded company. They have to look good on paper at the very least.
As for loyality, all the people that made the games I liked are no longer with GW. And from whatI heard through the grapevine there are more than a few disgruntled employees that were angry about how the company was handled.

>There is only buisness if they have good stuff for resonalbe price.
That's obvious.
Maybe you thought I'm someone else, cause it's not connected to anything I said.
I was just saying there is a noticeable shift in how they handle their customers. Namely they started to acknowledge their existence.
>>
>>50837533
He did not retire, some of your points I do not agree. Should I be happy because they have a MARKETING STRATEGY and FACEBOOK PAGE? Shit, my grocery store has that. You seem to put it like it was cool stuff or they did something that one should be gratefull for while they are still shit company.

Lore and rules are still done by the same team that consecutivly fucks them beyond redemption. "Relelases", apart form SH they mantained early all the time, are 4/10 overpriced new product. WD is not any better, still cataloge with "flavour of the month is da bestest" ill shill.

But apart from correcting the Kirby part I was only reinforcing my statements, no offence.
>>
>>50837697
>no offence.
Well. I just think there is genuine change and even progress here.
Just because you grocery store was progressive, it doesn't mean you should ignore the changes GW actually has made.
Before they weren't as progressive as your grocery store.

I'm not singing praises here either, but I think if you don't want to admit that a few things have changed you can't look past your anger.
I've seen GW at it's best in the 90s and I've been disillusioned by the shit company they've become in the time between then and now.

And I thing they are making some big changes right now.
Not the least of them was ending WHFB, of course.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Hey, I am doing up some knights of a certain variety, here is tonight's wip for the test one
>>
>>50837905
Nice.
Where's the shield from though? That doesn't looks like something I remember being in the Knights kit.
>>
>>50837533
>shilling this hard
>>
File: 4234132523.jpg (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
4234132523.jpg
6KB, 200x200px
Steam sale is up.
Any warhammer games worth even considering?
>>
>>50837954
You'd be correct anon, the shields from demigryph Knights, the lance from empire 8th, and the rest of course is 5th I think bret Knights I'd found for cheap
>>
File: 1482495382653.jpg (1010KB, 1588x2264px) Image search: [Google]
1482495382653.jpg
1010KB, 1588x2264px
You're going to protect that moustache, right?
>>
>>50837774
Let me straighten it out:

Having facebook is like having leaflets or TV ads, just post 2010. Wow, their sales department started doing things smalest restaurants in 2nd world country does. How does it makes them better, like ,,I like them more for it" better? Not at all.

If I have not seen through red cloud of anger, I would be that warmahine shitposter that travels from topic to topic, giving us here bad press
>>
>>50838179
Battlefleet Gothic and Mordheim were fabulous
>>
>>50838179
>>50838638
>Mordheim were fabulous
Personally I found Mordheim to be disappointing.

Vermintide cost 10 bucks right now. My brother said it's a fun time killer but the progression/item system sucks. Still on the fence about that one.
I don't really play that much anymore and I have a backlog on steam like I have with miniatures...
>>
>>50838718
All I can say is that no matter "progression", Vermintide is fun as shits with some people to play with.
>>
>>50839892
I just wish the Skaven had more personality. They seem barely more intelligent than zombies when they should be shouting "Die die man thing" all over the place
>>
>>50840054
I agree, but I generally prefer deeper games, but that's pretty rare these days. Architecture and gameplay is spot-on, though, imo.
>>
File: Horn of Magnus.png (352KB, 358x380px) Image search: [Google]
Horn of Magnus.png
352KB, 358x380px
>>50838718
The loot system isn't bad. Maybe it could do with some more active abilities on trinkets and weapons, but I can see why they didn't. You get all the different weapons and features out the gate and the upgrades give you some nice passive abilities so you don't feel gimped to start with, unlike some games I could mention.

It's not a game you need to invest vast amounts of time in, but I think you need to have some friends to play with. It's also the best researched Warhammer game that exists. It replicates the material from WFRP 3e down to the letter.

>>50840054
>They seem barely more intelligent than zombies when they should be shouting "Die die man thing" all over the place
I mean the Stormvermin say that. The Skaven could do with some more lines, but they have some pretty decent ones already.
Also there are some good idle animations that you catch sometimes. The new DLC has the occasional clanrat stuck in a snowdrift who labouriously pulls himself out when he sees the party.
>>
>>50834391
I put it on Watch, threw a bid on at 1 hour left and $51, never expected it to end so low.
>>
>>50835064
Fuck that, I want Skull Pass.

I saved my money out of high school to buy it while still going to college. By the time I could afford it, IoB came out and replaced it.
>>
>>50835112
Only if bred in captivity to not be Chaos.

Or if in a desperate alliance against Grobi and Urk or Zanguzaz, but only for the purpose of insult.
>>
>>50835240
If they put in square bases and see a jump in sales, it shows they should support Fantasy.

That's like pirating Total Warhammer in protest against AoS. You have to remember they do no market research, so all they see is sales.
>>
>>50835902
Yes, but to be fair they had literally no other source of food.

By contrast in Stirland they are so civilized they actually have citizenship because food is plentiful.
>>
>>50835649
Wrong tho. Normies FUCKING loving it like they love Star Wars all of a sudden
>>
>>50836514
There's a resource posted last thread with all the models GW ever produced.

>>50836778
They only have to Storm of Chaos the End Times away.

AoS continues to exist, Fantasy exists for Black Library writers and whatever models they don't squat, and Blood Bowl is the third universe they sell.
>>
>>50837081
Chinaman doesn't seem to make what I want.
>>
>>50838246
Umgi that act like Elgi? Not bloody likely.
>>
>>50840392
Bullshit. Only die-hard AoSfags and shills would still claim this. AoS is tanking hard. The only thing keeping GW even is the IP income from the vidyas.
>>
>>50840488
Well I'd like to see a source on that, and trust me I would love it if it were true. However it may be observational bias but at my FLGS there used to be two or three people who played fantasy. Since generals handbook came out they have over ten. Mostly 40K guys getting into a secondary game. Have not heard one verifiable source saying age is doing poorly from anywhere. Trust me I hate it more than anyone but I don't think it's going anywhere in the next five years
>>
>>50840549
http://www.iii.co.uk/news-opinion/richard-beddard/games-workshop%3A-denial
>>
File: IMG_0252.jpg (94KB, 638x895px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0252.jpg
94KB, 638x895px
This a good deal?
>>
>>50840876
Look at the date of this article before posting please
>>
>>50840876
No where in this almost year old article do they narrow down the profitability of age of sigmar, also this is before GHB, which was crap. All it did was make age more like WHFB, but it made the game playable to a lot of people
>>
>>50840962
I'd have played it before the GHB, sadly enough, if the lore wasn't such utter tossoff.
>>
>>50840999
Agreed. I played one game when it first came out. At the time I didn't know anything about end times or age. As I played the game/learned the "rules"/updated myself on the "lore" I felt as if all the parts of my imagination that were always smitten with the old world died one by one.
>>
>>50840904
I know it. Double-checked. Not even a year old.
>>
>>50841087
And since then they have seen higher than estimated revenue. I will shit on Sigmar all day, but when they made competitive play (as crappy and unbalanced as it is) they drew back competitive players
>>
>>50840885
>new
>vintage
Which is it?
>>
>>50841122
>higher than estimate
Shill-speak. Adjusting the estimate downward doesn't change sales being shit.
>>
>>50840054
The skaven talk all the time in my game. "GO RUN-SCAMPER AFTER THEM" is prolly my favorite line.
>>
>>50840904
http://www.iii.co.uk/articles/344389/can-we-trust-board-healthy-games-workshop
>>
>>50841132
Looks like they are "new" as in unopened package and old metal models.
>>
>>50841175
Ok man, whatever you say I hope your right. I hope AOS shits out, I hope GW loses millions on it. I'm just not convinced they are. All accounts I've read say that it already outsells fantasy and they continue to release stuff for it. I would guess that after a couple years people will just not be as interested anymore. Hobbyists spend more money in the first 6 months of wargaming then in the next three years usually. Let's see if sigmar can survive that. Either way it isn't going to make or break GW
>>
>>50841337
Ok not the best year up to April, and management is sticking fingers in their ears saying lalala. No specifics on smegmar.
>>
>>50841544
Both posts reference the core market. Don't be retarded.
>>
>>50841604
What percentage do you think WHFB made in that number?

Space marines sell more miniatures than all of fantasy.

Wasn't fantasy something like 15% of revenue at peak?

Miniatures are core market, fantasy miniatures are a small fraction of that
>>
New thread:

>>50842274
>>50842274
>>50842274
>>50842274
>>50842274
>>
>>50836740
I don't know - I went to a game store I visit irregularly, and I found that most of the store had switched to AoS. But when I looked in at a few battles, they were still using square-based models. If not for a few of those new Khornate units, you could've sworn they were just playing WFB with less care on where they put the models.
>>
>>50840411
Thanks for the answer, I'll go look at it
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.