[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any good Fallout TTRPGs, and for that matter, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: fallout.jpg (32KB, 379x395px) Image search: [Google]
fallout.jpg
32KB, 379x395px
Are there any good Fallout TTRPGs, and for that matter, what would you recommend?
And if not, any tips on making my own?
I feel like a fallout TTRPG could work well, since the originals were based off of TTRPG systems at the time. If I were to just take the base info from Fallout 1 itself, and try to convert it into a TTRPG, how well would that work?
What would I need to change, or even borrow from other TTRPGs?
Something about the special system, Fallout's skills, and just the general universe of Fallout makes me think it would make for an ok TTRPG, if a little unorthodox.
>>
shameless self bump
>>
Look up a forum called No Mutants Allowed.
My bro has a savage hard on for fallout, there's good shit there as I understand it.
>>
>>50807822
Yeah, googled fallout TTRPG, and it linked me there, but I couldn't find any hint of a TTRPG.
>>
>>50807838
Well piss. Lemme talk to him

I will get this shit done
>>
If OP has a hankering for fallout, there's this server on Gmod that recently came into alpha testing. There isn't many features to the server yet, but it's under full development.

It's called Fallout: Resurgence
>>
If OP is still here

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.fallout.ru/projects/pnp/fallout_pnp_2.0.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwi4lcr1g4bRAhWE7SYKHe4TBMMQFgg0MAI&usg=AFQjCNGISn_b5iYsFe6vZvsh9lokZs3sLg

Retarded yeah but here you go

You need to use your imagination for some stuff but lots of guns and perks, it holds closer to the spirit of the older games
>>
File: fallout_pnp_2.0.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
fallout_pnp_2.0.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50807960
I'm still here.
thank you, I think that's what it was trying to link me to.
BTW, you know you can upload PDFs right?
>>
>>50808016
Yes, but I was in a hurry so I just tossed up the link, apologies
>>
>>50808159
eh, fair nuff
>>
Fallout 1 was originally going to be based on GURPS and ended up retaining many of its features despite some modifications.

That makes this perhaps the only time in recorded history that recommending GURPS is actually giving OP what they're asking for. So... GURPS is a good place to start, I guess.
>>
>>50808831
>ended up retaining many of its features despite some modifications.

No it didn't. If anything the final product is closer to BRP
>>
there's like 3 of them

the one here>>50808016
the GURPS one
and one for Savage worlds
>>
>>50807398
So aside from straight up using the fallout pnp, there's a few other options for systems, at least, of post-apocalyptic nonsense that could work. Obviously none of them use SPECIAL for legal reasons, but some are decently close:

1) Exodus: it's essentially Fallout with the file numbers sanded off. It uses a modified d20 (3.x/Modern) system, so most people know how to play it, even if it's much less flexible in differing settings.

2) d20 Modern has its own post-apocalypse sourcebook, but, again, it's not for everyone.

3) Savage Worlds has a fair bit of material, so if you like fairly rules-lite systems, that's fine. And, as the other anon said, there's always a GURPs

4) If you want a system that's easy to get into but with tons of crunch in the background, Traveller (Classic or Mongoose is usually recommended) is actually pretty good. The base system is very mechanically solid, and it has one major plus that lots of other systems don't cover sufficiently: modular and fairly in-depth creature/species/vehicle/ship creation books, which works well for those players that really care about how much fuel their gas guzzling monster trucks are using in the post apocalyptic wasteland.

5) All Flesh Must Be Eaten is a pretty nice system, and can be pretty easily tweaked for most post-apocalyptic settings.

6) Apocalypse World is very rules lite, but captures tone fairly well and might be nice if your group doesn't like heavy crunch.

7) And a personal recommendation: I'm actually using Mutant Epoch for post-apocalyptic games now. It's a d100 system, with tons of charts for mutations, cybernetic implants, and pages and pages of treasure tables while scouring ruins.
>>
My group and I wanted to play a Fallout TTRPG at one point.
The only one our DM knew about was an MLP Fallout game, everyone expressed disgust and so he went through the entire system changing or removing any reference to ponies.
It actually turned out alright, up until one of the players blew up a Ghoul citizen with a landmine, had a shower in a house they broke into and stole a bunny costume all within an hour.
We never played a second session.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.