[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am the group GM and I started a game that originally was going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (267KB, 784x609px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267KB, 784x609px
I am the group GM and I started a game that originally was going to be very darkest dungeon/ darksouls like, but no plan survives contact with the PCs and they don't exactly play to the haunting and depressing tune I set out for them.
I don't mind that too much, I mean, not everyone enjoys being miserable and would rather have fun and make merry during game night. But ever since the inception the endgame would be tragic and awful for the pc's. Sure they might complete the campaugn goal, but the cost would ruin them utterly.
So my question is, should I go with my original plan of a tragic end OR should I bend more towards the big damn hero winds of the PCs and give them their good ends?
>>
>>50806874
>not going for a "ultimately, you did it for the future of X"-ending.
>>
>>50806983
I don't understand the reference, sorry.
Not English or USAian
>>
Ultimately it's up to you. We don't know your players, you do.

However, there is a third possibility here. Alter the existing ending in such a way the tone isn't completely lost, but still can allow for heroism.

Your job as DM is to enable the player's fun, but it should not come at the expense of your own.
>>
>>50807182
A bittersweet end? Might be fitting
>>
>>50807702
But the question is this: How do you make a victory bitter?
>>
>>50808254
You strip a victory of all of its greatest rewards to make it bitter. Hell, the adventurers may even come out worse as a result of a bittersweet victory.
>>
>>50808323
The PC's all have goals, to some extend.
>sailor wants to return to her ship, which left her behind at last port
>Barbarian wants women to repopulate his clan (there is always one. It's been working out surprisingly well though)
>knight wants to find the woman he loves (whom his family forbids him to marry), and find the grandmaster of his order (who might have turned traitor)
>warlock just knows he is drawn towards the final location, but he is pretty much set up for an awful end as he is being puppeted by great old ones
>cleric needs to find out why his magic works (he is a failed medical student turn con-man who just pretends to be a cleric. yet his magic works)
>>
>>50808507
Sailor is easy. She can find the ship but the crew is dead. The knight has to fight the grandmaster and his lady has married someone else (but he can save her life at least).
I'm unsure about the barbarian. Maybe he successfully depopulated the clan but end up ruining his native culture?
>>
>>50807097
sadam USAin?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.