[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are we getting a new necromunda? I've never played original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: gangbangs of commorragh.jpg (56KB, 663x900px) Image search: [Google]
gangbangs of commorragh.jpg
56KB, 663x900px
Are we getting a new necromunda?

I've never played original one, but I've heard it was good. I'm playing only Killteam HoR, was Necromunda better? if you throw nostalgia factor aside
>>
>>50800901
dont get excited. its likely going to be a little race track game, with a box containing a sprue of reaver jetbikes. something cheap and simple, and probably fun for a game or 2, like gorechosen. This is not going to be a grand box game like necromunda or mordheim
>>
>>50800901
One can hope, but you know that they say about hope.
Also is Killteam HoR rules more fun over GW ones?
>>50801028
GW had stepped up their game so maybe it wont be so bad.
>>
>>50801836
>Also is Killteam HoR rules more fun over GW ones

I haven't played GW KT, but I think its worse. From what I've read, GW KT is basically 40k set in 250 points scale with individual models instead of units. HoR is a bit more complicated compared to this, it has custom rules to fit the game and more realistic gameplay (units get cover save if they are actually behind cover, not just standing on ruin base, difficult terrain is handled differently.

Check on HoR facebook to learn rules. Its worth it in my opinion.
>>
>>50801028

Agreed, can't really see this as being anything more than a board game.
>>
>>50801998
Necromunda was great game still has it's merits. But it comes from other time. It's direct descendants, that modern skrimish games are, constitute better games. HoR is still attempt to save doomed, bloated system no one will cry after. It would be better if done from scrath.
>>
How do we know its not just going to be a supplement the the dark eldar codex because they didn't get any good formations?
>>
>>50802841
>T. GW Employee
>>
>>50802841

You are an idiot.
>>
>>50802841
So what are the names of GW's direct descendants to necromunda? "Skirmish games" is a broad category.
>>
File: JRN-02.jpg (85KB, 1023x590px) Image search: [Google]
JRN-02.jpg
85KB, 1023x590px
>>50804329
inq28

disregard everything else
disregard 40k

play inq28 if you're not a pussy and have friends who aren't pussies
>>
>>50804376

This is actually a great setting. Still have the original book, and expansion, but we never tried it due to the XBOXHUGE models. Looking in to inq28 and realizing the relatively big community, and a chance to create awesome models with a storyline, just got me sucked in again! Trying to convince my friends now, a good 10 years late (or was it even more years ago? Damn, time flies by quick!).
>>
>>50804376
Not dissing on Inq, but fanmade games (or adaptations) are a distinct breed.
>>
>>50802841
>>50804082
>>50804130
>>50804376

Fuck you people.

I meant like Malifaux or few other modern skrimish systems.

Necromunda and Mordheim created campaign-based skrimish games. I have converted Necro gang and few Mordheim warbands. But it's not 2000 anymore. New games are better because they elaborated on basis N&M founded and fixed FUCKHUEG balance issues and like stuff. LOLrandom is not the word of the day also. We are not playing fucking 1st ed. WHFB and some grogonardy 60's Napoleonic rules for a fucking reason that the design moved friggin light years.

I do not like HoR because it still caries too much 40k useless shit.
>>
>>50800901
I'm just getting into Kill Team and HoR. It is a poor skirmish game in comparison to Necromunda. Necromunda was based on a system that was already skirmish based. The way 40K currently works it is a awkward fit to play it skirmish.

The best thing about Necromunda was that it gave you a Territory, Income, and Market system that made it feel like a role playing game. The scenarios were well thought out and a lot of little things gave the play continuity from one game to the next.

Necromunda is still the best game GW ever produced, with Mordheim coming in a close second simply because there wasn't a Territory system in Mord.

If you want to check out how far the Home Brew community has take the Necromunda concept check out Inquisimunda on yaktribe.org
>>
I was more interested in that Escape from Comogragh with the Catachan Veteran,Space marine,Eldar banshee,Ork Kommando, and Ethereal
>>
>>50801836
I get the distinct impression that HoR is a better game than GW Kill Team. But again it is trying to force 40k into a spot that it was never meant to be.

Another thing is that if you don't have the related Codexes for the factions you are trying to play you get bogged down in special rules real quick even with HoR.

There are a fuck ton of special rules for 40K now days. which was originally the gripe with 2nd Ed 40K.
>>
>>50806594
Hip newer games in the same vein would be Frostgrave and Deadzone for instance. Malifaux also has a campaign system with a bunch of fun options.
>>
What's also great about Necromunda is that the fighters are so striped down they actually provide a great baseline for the rest of the 40K universe. Marines and Orks will wipe the floor with gangs but it isn't an impossible fight and that goes a long way towards suspending disbelief in the setting.

We are talking about a setting where armor is rare and bolters are a luxury. But fortunately GW was still in the era of leaving things open ended and catering to creativity. They system included a bestiary with stats for Marines, Eldar Scouts, and even Genestealers. Back in the day the thinking was, let people use as wide a range of their miniature collection as possible.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.