[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 418
Thread images: 80

File: 1479424282814.jpg (112KB, 1103x725px) Image search: [Google]
1479424282814.jpg
112KB, 1103x725px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Snug Bug edition

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing
Legendary Kineticists II Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11_w1o5dSef2tzu2GDLnJKElHY3uyETzuzFHDAjI6P6k/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread: >>50783180
>>
File: 56618144_p0_master1200.jpg (975KB, 856x1200px) Image search: [Google]
56618144_p0_master1200.jpg
975KB, 856x1200px
What +dex, +cha medium races are there?

Azata-aasimar
Rakshasa-Tieflings
Kitsune
Catfolk
Ifrit
Were-tiger skinwalkers
Dhampir
Drow
Vishkanya

Which ones would go best for a myrmidon-type with good social skills? Or for a pic-related feel?
>>
File: 1481144980110.jpg (47KB, 289x356px) Image search: [Google]
1481144980110.jpg
47KB, 289x356px
Shy bug
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 250x340px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 250x340px
I'm actually rather mad how humanly attractive female hobgoblins are in Pathfinder.
>>
shit
what was that one picture with each bug being different type of girl
hornet moth and bumblebee
>>
>>50790743
... why would that make you mad?
>>
>>50790777
Because it is entirely counter to their description, not consistent with male hobgoblins, and overall doesn't make much sense. It is literally the artist making them attractive because they don't want to draw a female that'd be ugly to a human. It's that fucking oglaf comic.
>>
>>50790743
You do realize it heavily depends on the artist right?
I don't remember AP, but fluff text says 2 evil npcs look about the same, one female and one male.
The male one had art of like stupid looking gnome thing
Female one was like a sexy drow thing
"same race"
>>
>>50790805
Well post male hobgobbos and more female ones, and let's compare.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 500x702px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 500x702px
>>50790837
I'm having a hard time finding males. Here is one, also the race's physical description.

>A hobgoblin is nearly the same height as a human. Their round, hairless heads sit atop wide, thick necks, and their long, tattered ears flank a pair of savage orange eyes. Their dull, gray-green skin is coarse and largely devoid of hair. Their short, powerful legs coupled with their long, muscular arms grants the hobgoblin vague similarities with that of a brutish ape.
>>
>>50790717
Fetchling, gathlain, div-spawn.
>>
>>50790986
>gathlain, div-spawn.
What are these? What's their fluff?
>>
>>50791006
Gathlain are part-plant part-fey, with ivy wings. I remembered incorrectly though, they're small.

Div are NE outsiders and embodiments of pure destruction. They hate djinn more than anything else, and are most likely descended from corrupt djinn. They exist only to harm
>>
>>50790717

That looks like an Azata, the silver hair and platinum eyes is a dead giveaway.

Also SILVIA, if you're reading this just bump your Wisdom from 16 to 15! You don't need the +1 and you can bump it back up at level 4!

That will put your Charisma up to a 9, which is like, the occasional stutter!
>>
>>50791116

Actually, let me revise; an Azata would be more multicolored, what you posted is actually closer to an Angel-blooded. The eyes, the hair, the large perky breasts and general attitude of authority screams "warrior of god" more than "warrior of beauty."

Besides, that would be +STR +CHA, and anything Dex can do Str can also do.
>>
>>50791116
Do you mean a 15 pre racial? Would it just be better to sink STR instead?
>>
>>50791356

Yup, 15 pre-racial!

Remember, you're one level away from getting a free +1 to an attribute score. Factor that into your CharGen.
>>
>>50791209
It's for a bushi warlord with the elephant in the room tax cuts. Fred send like a better fit with agile dancer too.
>>
>>50791437
My only concern is how soon is that level up. If it's just by exp it might be a while into the first book.
>>
>>50791548

And? The first book is easy.
>>
>>50791548
Any sane man just does shit by milestones.
>>
>>50791515
I meant dex based. I'm a phoneposting faggot.
>>
>>50791569

I'm a phone phaggot too! Point is, while I'd argue she's best as an Angel-Blooded I won't rag on you for going Azata!

What did you want to do with this lovely young woman? What class combination and character personality?
>>
>>50791612
Well, there's two possible characters, one of them being a Molthuni or Chelish military officer. The other is some Drums blackjacks. They both are likely bushi warlord|some cha mid-caster, like bard or hedgewitch.

The first is a no nonsense kind of person, the other, no art yet, would be a cocky, wanderer type. Either gender works for them honestly, I just like that art.
>>
Has anyone here played with the Mass Combat rules? We're in a custom campaign, not Kingmaker, and the DM is introducing us to them for a huge climactic war.
>>
>>50791719

I'd keep the Molthuni officer for the Molthune Knights campaign.
>>
How would you?
>>
>>50791871

From the back, probably!
>>
File: balls-.png (14KB, 612x95px) Image search: [Google]
balls-.png
14KB, 612x95px
>>50791871
>>
>>50790717
That's way too many, why are Dex and Cha races so plentiful?
>>
>>50791871
I don't think I would? It doesn't look safe.
>>
>>50791996
No more common than dex/int races.
>>
>>50792024
Moar dex/wis races when?
>>
>>50791996
It's the Sue racial ability increase pair.
>>
>>50792024
>>50791996

I despise dex and int now, you guys are so ducking obsessed with it I can't see straight

>OH GOSH HURF DURF DEX IS BEST ATTRIBUTE
>OH GOLLY THE STRENGTH GUY IS SLAYING ENCOUNTERS PLS NERF
>>
Dexfags can you please just die in a fire, where are the Con/Int and Con/Cha races at?
>>
>>50792087
nigga, even dexfags are sick of all these dex races
>>
File: low azlanti.jpg (23KB, 250x520px) Image search: [Google]
low azlanti.jpg
23KB, 250x520px
>>50792062
What we really need are more str/int races. Male Lashunta and Jiangshi Dhampir.

>>50792087
>Con/Cha
LOW
AZLANTI
>>
>>50791888
>>50791906
>>50792020
How would you build her as a character?
>>
Oi PFG.

What was the method of figuring out a creature's racial stat modifiers from its stat block?
>>
I'm going to be playing a Warpriest of Gorum soon. I don't know much about the pathfinder gods, but I really want to roleplay it well.

Do you guys have any resources i could print off and keep with me while I play? Build advice would be nice too but it's less important.
>>
>>50792104
>>50792087
I just wish STR/INT races were more common
>>
>>50792132

Subtract 10 from the current stats? Do you have a creature in mind anon?
>>
File: Rip_And_Tear.jpg (31KB, 293x240px) Image search: [Google]
Rip_And_Tear.jpg
31KB, 293x240px
>>50792150
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6BbvCC0VI0
Just listen to this on repeat.
>>
>>50792163
I accidentally reminded ID about how MA said he could potentially be open to a Literal Horse PC.

Would those resulting stats include the NPC array?
>>
>>50792184

Why is BFG Dvision such a good song?
>>
So I have been thinking about the Unchained Wizard.

I agree with you guys that my old idea of limited cast cantrips was no fun. I instead have a new idea.

So the Unchained Wizard has Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, and Banned Schools.

Here are how cantrips now work:
>all wizards can cast Detect Magic and Read Magic at will
>All wizards receive Prestidigitation and can cast it at all
>Arcane Mark is moved into illusion
>Damaging cantrips at gone, instead you have an offensive school power that is unlimited usage
>you receive all cantrips from your Primary and Secondary school
>You need not prepare these, instead you can cast them at will
>Cantrips from your tertiary school are in your book, but you need to actually prepare these as if they were first level spells
>you don't get cantrips from your banned schools.

For example if I was a Primary Transmutation, Secondary Divination & Illusion wizard I can cast these at will:
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Prestidigitation
Detect Poison
Ghost Sound
Arcane Mark
Haunted Fey Aspect
Mage Hand
Mending
Root

This of course causes some issues in that some schools, namely Transmutation and Evocation, have much more cantrips than others.

What I am going to do is balance it out by moving things around.

For instance in the last list I will likely have Root moved to Conjuration, you conjure Roots.

Penumbra from Evocation may change to Abjuration.

What the expectation of is the following:
>you receive 3 cantrips no matter what (Read Magic/Detect Magic/Prestidigitation)
>you receive 2-3 cantrips per Primary & Secondary School
>you receive 2 at will school powers (one utility, one offensive)
>meaning at level 1 you have between 11-14 at will abilities.

I may reduce it to only 1 cantrip from each secondary school that you could change out, but all from your primary. I want them to be tied to schools in some manner.

Any thoughts on this?
>>
>>50792194
>I accidentally reminded ID about how MA said he could potentially be open to a Literal Horse PC.

I know you are speaking english but I have no idea what any of this means.
>>
>>50791560
>>50791566
Hmm so should it be 12 str, 17 wis, and 9 cha after racial?
>>
>>50792234
Unchained Wizard? Why the fuck would you make it stronger?
>>
>>50792284
>Unchaining mages it stronger
>>
>>50792284
>thinking unchaining automatically means buffing

see: Unchained Summoner
>>
>>50792284
So the goal is not to buff them, there are some of the ideas from the Unchained Wizard.

>School specialization overhaul, instead of 2 powers there are 4 ( 2 at 1st, 1 at 7th, 1 at 13th level powers)
>School specialization now called "Arcane Origin" and is more specific, each school is divided into sub schools (you only get to choose one)
>No such thing as a "Universalist" instead one has to specialize
>Opposition schools would be changed, instead there would be Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary schools
>of the 8 schools you get 1 primary, 2 secondary, and 3 tertiary, along with 2 banned schools
>you can not learn or cast spells of your 2 banned schools
>schools have be upgraded (except banned to tertiary) via a feat slot, they upgrade by 1 level
>You gain an "arcane font" ability, which is essentially points you have to spend from to both use your school powers, cast legendary spells, and prepare spells from secondary/tertiary schools (instead of taking 2 spell slots)
>arcane font refills every day
>Bonded object would be the standard, familiars would need to be garnered through a "legendary spell" slot for Summon Familiar
>Certain spells would be removed from the spell list and transferred into a "Legendary" spell list that would act much like rogue talents with level requirements, feat requirements, and spell book requirements.
>some spells include Teleport, Invisibility, Contact Other Plane, Cloudkill, and Create Undead
>Legendary spells act like old opposition spells, requiring two spell slots to prepare
>>
>>50792352
Making wizards more complicated is not a solution.
>>
>>50792407
This. If you want a wizard to be more reasonable you need to take away the breadth of his spell list. The easiest way to do that is to make him choose from a fixed number of curated spell lists. That's one of the reasons Ertw's beguiler is so popular, because it's a full caster with low-end tier 2 potential.
>>
>>50792407
The other solution is unfortunately redesigning the spell list entirely, which is an endeavor I do not want to undertake. Removing problem spells and putting them behind a specialization barrier is from my perspective, as someone who is lazy, far easier.

I could go through and rewrite/change spell levels to fix the problem at its root, but that would often mean simply removing spells and nerfing spells greatly.

On a whole this is no more complicated than rogue talents or rage powers. I agree that the Arcane Font class feature can get complicated, in the same way tracking bardic performance rounds are when you can spend them on Bardic Masterpieces.

Bardic Performance & Bardic Masterpieces is what I thought of when I designed it. Replace performances with spell prep and masterpieces with legendary spells. Then legendary spells being selected like rogue talents.
>>
>>50792352

My biggest problem is without the wizard casting it is smart fighter. There is nothing else in the wizard chassis that would give you a base to build on. It is just 9 levels of spells. It isnt like a bard or a magus, where if you took away or limited its casting it still has other things it can do. Even the other 9th level casters have something to build on.

You would have to give it something else to go off of. Maybe the 4 powers would be enough depending on what they are.
>>
>>50792466
You are already re-doing the spell list. Just make every "signature" spell 1 level higher, then scrap the signature thing entirely.
>>
Tell me about the automatic bonus progression. Is it any good or does it make the loot boring and under powered because your shiny +2 keen furyborn battleaxe is now just a +2 keen because you don't have +5 from the bonuses?
>>
Funny
Imagine if Paizo actually did it
Remade all spell lists
I mean all of them
from the scratch
>>
>>50792541
Good idea, terrible execution.
>>
>>50792541

It's really good, it makes magic items more meaningful while providing the bonuses provided by the more boring wondrous items.
>>
>>50792541
Mark Seifter loves math the alternative rule
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2t4fn?Automatic-Bonus-Progression-How-does-it
>>
>>50792521
That's not the goal of the legendary spells to simply make them happen later. It's about opportunity cost. One can only have so many spells of this type, and they need to specialize to gain ones of a certain type (it is heavy investment to grab high end Illusion legendary spells).

It's about opportunity cost. Simply moving them up spell levels does nothing to change opportunity costs.
>>
File: Gonna need two guns.jpg (96KB, 628x451px) Image search: [Google]
Gonna need two guns.jpg
96KB, 628x451px
>mfw I start pondering making a 5 Wis Rogue NPC stat block, as a joke character to throw into my pool of random NPCs
>mfw realizing I would be creating a character that exists solely to get charmed and/or dominated by the PCs
>mfw it would have been a Female Kyton-spawn Phantom Thief URogue, 15 PB for NPC equivalent array, dump Int, Wis and Str, put everything into Con and Cha, with a sprinkle into Dex

I don't have enough guns for this one
>>
>>50792541
Well you are actually more powerful since you get kinda 1.5x money but as raw stats so less flexibility

Innate Item Bonuses is a system that does the same but going for OP flavor on everything instead.
>>
Been tempted to limit wizards to their two spells known per level and make them buy more from skill points, which they have plenty to spare from being Int SAD. Maybe require them to know similar spells of previous levels too.
>>
>>50792081
You know what I want to see more of? STR/INT races. There's, like, THREE even once you include DSP and other third-party sources, it's annoying as fuck. I just want to be a STR-Magus or a STR-Occultist, is that so wrong?
>>
>>50791871
Do they have recruiting stations? Bases? What really /are/ they? Demons? Vengeful ghosts? Aliens? Nanomachines gone wrong, son?
>>
>>50792779
B-but you can't be tough AND smart!
>>
>>50792087
Con/Int doesn't exist because Paizo know deep down, even when they're at their most deluded at a conscious level, that wizards are in fact overpowered. Con/Int would be "too good" because of Int based casters.
>>
>>50792796
Tough & smart would be Con/Int.
>>
>>50792675
Yeah, but "Legendary Spells" only seems to be a veil in which to hide the fact that those spells break the game, even for players that don't realize what they're doing. It's punishing without an actual reason to do so.

The easiest thing would simply to scrap the "Unchained Wizard" concept and just build a new class from scratch that matches better, rather than trying to keep it looking like a wizard. Alternatively, just play an Occultist.
>>
File: Lashunta.jpg (73KB, 683x901px) Image search: [Google]
Lashunta.jpg
73KB, 683x901px
>>50792779
Male Lashunta is all you need anon.
>>
>>50792813
I am unsure what you mean by punishing in this case.

>The easiest thing would simply to scrap the "Unchained Wizard" concept and just build a new class from scratch that matches better, rather than trying to keep it looking like a wizard. Alternatively, just play an Occultist.
I mean yes, likely it would be, but the point of this exercise is an attempted Unchained Wizard, not simply creating a new class.
>>
File: 1413755158041.png (402KB, 424x742px) Image search: [Google]
1413755158041.png
402KB, 424x742px
>>50792831
But I want to play a female that isn't a Dhampir. Even though that's exactly what I want to play in RotJR.
>>
>>50792810
Whatever. My point stands.
>>
Speaking of uncommon racial ability adjustments, what would a +2 Str -2 Con race be like?
>>
Give it to me straight, /pfg/.

If I stack these two things:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo---alchemist-discoveries/feral-mutagen
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/bloodrager/bloodrager-bloodlines/paizo---bloodrager-bloodlines/abyssal

Do I get 4 claw attacks? 'Cause that can be done at level 3. Which would be bonkers.
>>
What if SAD casters just weren't a thing? The classes all have different features and prep vs spont, but spells need all three mental stats. Int limits the max spell level, Wis gives bonus spells and Cha sets the DC?
>>
>>50792884
You can only use one natural attack per limb, I believe.
>>
>>50792881
Aside from a waste of time for a player looking at it? I could see a sort of gangly insectoid race having that adjustment. Powerful on the offense, can't take much of a hit.
>>
>>50792884
No, because you only have two arms. Vestigial Arms 2x would let you put the claws on those arms, but you wouldn't be able to use them in a full attack due to how vestigial arms work.
>>
>>50792835
To expand upon this many of the "legendary" spells do warp the game, like Teleport. However, for a GM building around a single game warping spell is far easier than when they can have many. At most a Wizard will have 10 of these game warping abilities, and will likely have less as certain Wizard Discoveries & Other abilities (such as familiars) are also "Legendary Spells". Let us say that the total they can have on average is 8. For a GM them have 8 such game changing spells is a lot easier to account for.

Now I also planned on rebalancing some spells that were turned into Legendary Spells. An example would be Invisibility, which would not provide as large of a bonus to stealth (as +40 is far too high for standing still).

The opportunity cost of only having some of these abilities however means they do not need to be as heavily nerfed, and thus still are cool and powerful abilities.

>>50792521
Also another comment on this. Making Teleport come online at level 11 does not change the fact it changes the face of play, simply it is put off. That is another problem I have with it.

Making such game warping be behind a wall of specialization in my opinion helps.
>>
>>50792923
>>50792927
What if I put two of the claws on my feet?
>>
>>50792904
Ditch the max spell level thing, it's already uncomfortably mandatory when leveling up is the supposed learning the character is doing anyway. Casters could just use 2 attributes, not all 3.
>>
>>50792904
>spellcasters are now all hyper-intelligent, wise, and charismatic
>martials fucked even harder

how about no

>>50792937
You can't do that unless you're a quadruped. Bipeds need talons if they want to have natural attacks on their feet.
>>
>>50792884
You can only have 1 claw attack per clawed limb (arms or legs).

One sting per tail, one gore per goring limb (most often head or horns), one bite per mouth, one tail slap per tail, one wing attack per wing, one slam per slamming limb (often arms or body), one tentacle per tentacle, and hoof per leg.
>>
>>50792951
So theoretically, a centaur could?
>>
>>50792904
So I am actually of the opinion that the way 5e handled spellcasting is better than in Pathfinder.

Instead of a Caster Level having spells be stronger based on the level of the slot is better design in my opinion. As well as removing bonus spells based on ability score. The concentration economy being an important thing as well is good for the game overall.

I like these when I play 5e and appreciate them.

If I were to overhaul Pathfinder's spell casting I would at its base take quite a few leaves out of 5e's book.
>>
>>50792977
I... Only on the front legs, I think? Back legs would have to be Rake attacks.
>>
>>50792904
SAD isn't the reason spell casting is fucked up.
>>
>>50792951
>>50792945

The point is they won't have enough points to cover all the bases, forcing them to become reliant on multiple stats like martials need Str, Dex and Con. So you get casters with high level spells, or with lots or with decent DCs, but none have all of that like a wizard or cleric or even sorcerer can do now.
>>
>>50793038
Foiled again... Curse you, Paizo!

But if I were seriously going for that many natural attacks, I'd just play a summoner. It was just a stupid idea I had.
>>
>>50793051
Oh wow look, casters now just use the highest level spells they can get that don't have saves, and there are still a fuckton of problem spells. Would you look at that. It's almost like the spells themselves are the problem, not how the casting stats are set up.
>>
So who are the most MAD classes?

Archer paladin? Archer bard? Chained monk? Who besides barbarian are the most MAD?
>>
>>50793113
Chained monk imo
Archers tend to only need a 14 in str and casting, and casting. And can get away with a 12 in con
>>
>>50793113

Archer Paladin: STR, DEX, CON, CHA. 4.
Archer Bard: STR, DEX, CON, INT, CHA. 5.
Chained Monk: STR, DEX, CON, WIS. 4.

Gonna have to go with the archer bard on this one compardreman.
>>
>>50793113
Fighter, in order to not lag behind, is retardedly MAD, as he is only really able to dump CHA without suffering.
>>
>>50793098
More than one thing can be a problem you know.

Only needing to have one stat out of 6 is a design flaw compared to people who need three or four
>>
>>50793144
Archer Paladin really only needs the bare minimum investment in con, thanks to charisma to saves and lay on hands as well as staying out of harm's way most of the time.
>>
>>50793170
Archer Bards literally can't dump anything.

They need Str/Dex for their bow
They need Con because everyone does
They need Int because they are a knowledge monkey secondary
They need Wis because will saves
They need Cha for casting
>>
>>50793144
Bards get 6+int and versatile performance. They don't need int
>>
>>50793113
Hobgoblin Archer Bard or Paladin:

Str: 14
Dex: 18
Con: 16
Int: 10
Wis: 10
Cha: 14
>>
>>50793183
>compared to people who need 3 or 4

The thing is they still need the other stats, but their class focuses entirely on one. Yes, a wizard with 7's everywhere, but 30 Int can dominate, but someone who isn't a retard will have Dex, Con, and Wis nudged up as well. It's less necessary to have good physicals than a martial, but it is still immensely helpful.
>>
>>50793183
The casters NEEDING one stat out of Six is af fucking meme that needs to end.Certain builds do, sure. But making casters MAD actually shits more on non problematic shit and encourages casters to be non save and die, chain summoning, item crafting asshats.
>>
>>50793243
A wizard with 7 con won't dominate. Anything that passes their save round 1 kills him. One passed save kills him.
>>
>>50793262
To be honest, spell saves are royally fucked anyway.
>>
>>50793183
It's actually the other way around. The game HEAVILY punishes you for needing more than two stats (Con + attack stat), and the SAD classes that aren't full casters tend to be better-designed, both in 3.5 and PF.
>>
What are some impressive Bard magical items that would be within the price range of a level 3 character?
>>
>>50793303
>SAD classes that aren't full casters tend to be better-designed, both in 3.5 and PF.
u retarded son?
>>
>>50793263
They can still dominate on account of still being perfectly capable of completely cheesing shit with un-fun strategies, like this anon >>50793262 mentioned. It doesn't matter if you can 1-round the wizard if he's flying, covered in every buff under the sun, decked out with crafted magic items, and surrounded by summons/simulacrums/whatever.

>b-but level one through [insert level here]!
valid, kinda, but the point is that it can still work if the wizard is an autist who cheeses instead of trying to do anything creative or fun
>>
>>50793367
>t doesn't matter if you can 1-round the wizard if he's flying, covered in every buff under the sun, decked out with crafted magic items, and surrounded by summons/simulacrums/whatever.
No, if he has 7 con he doesn't have any buffs he can put on that can stop me as a ranger from killing him, unless I fail my save. You can counter every buff except emergency force sphere, which you can counter by killing him in the surprise round.
>>
>>50793338
Are you?

>3.5 bard
>wis martials in 3.5
>warlock
>dragonfire adept
>cha-based 6-casters and vigilantes in PF

Much more healthy for the game, much cleaner to balance for, and makes other stats /optional/ instead of forcing you to max them. Especially in PF, where Paizo punished you even harder by adding in surcharges and slot-fuckery for wanting multiple stats (in 3.5, the +stat belts were slotless and just costed flat per stat).
>>
>>50793439
In all honesty 'you NEED this item by X level' is its own brand of shit design.
>>
>>50793439
>vigilante
>SAD
>cha casters
>SAD
>3.5 bard
>SAD
Fucking what?
>>
>>50793484
>what are feats and items

3.5 bard had easy access to Cha-SAD combat. Vigilante synergizes extremely well with PF's option for Cha-SAD combat, as to Cha-based gishes.

"SAD except for Con" is still SAD. The other stats are minorly needed inasmuch as you might want initiative, skills, or will saves, but not something you have to max, like a MAD character.
>>
>>50793484
What makes a sorcerer less sad than a fucking wizard aside from /pfg/s hate boner for Int?
>>
>>50793469
It is, but the fact that it exists makes SAD classes better for the game.
>>
>>50793519
cha 6 level casters, not cha full casters
>>
>>50793507
So you're saying all vigilante use the one cha to attack/damage ability in the game, starknife style? As well as have noble scion and a cheeky level in oracle for cha to ac.
>>
>>50793558
I'm saying that there isn't a reason not to, and that vigilantes will be better off for it.
>>
File: Confused Anime Girl.gif (296KB, 529x720px) Image search: [Google]
Confused Anime Girl.gif
296KB, 529x720px
>>50793415
>a full-cheese wizard
>ever being caught without buffs
>ever getting caught without being able to act in a surprise round
>ever failing initiative

The fuck are you doing, somehow finding a chucklefuck sleeping in the woods and dropping a null-magic sphere on him before he wakes up?
>>
>>50793570
A ranger can shoot him from over a mile away.
>>
>>50793570
>>50793638
What I'm saying is my choose is a lot more assholeish than his. The ranger would be using a few scrolls to be inside of a boulder on top of a mountain waiting for the wizard which he determined would be here via divination. See through stone and cyclonic seeking brilliant energy arrows would be used to fire from inside the stone at the wizard from 1 mile away using a cheese distanced build. He is hitting essentially flat footed touch in this surprise round.

As well he is wearing a soul trapping circlet so counter divination wouldn't have gave him away. The wizard could be wearing one as well, that is why one would need to use someone as powerful as discern location, likely Legend Lore.
>>
>>50793638
Show your work.

Remember that a weapon's maximum range is 10x it's range.
>>
>>50793638
>>50793674
Through solid objects /AND/ alternate planes of reality? The point isn't that "no fun allowed autism-wizard with 7's everywhere but Int" is "totally unbeatable by any means", the point is that he can work completely completely fine with 7's everywhere but Int, and outside of just as much nonsensical optimization bullshit designed solely to kill this one wizard, he wouldn't have to worry about much.
>>
WHY DOES PFG HATE STRENGTH SO MUCH

WERE YOU ALL BULLIED BY TOUGH GUYS?

HOW MANY STRENGTHS ARE IN ROTJR?
>>
>>50793742
Aranha has more dex than strength, but uses both.
>>
>>50793742
>WHY DOES PFG HATE STRENGTH SO MUCH
We don't hate Strength, we hate how much strength gets shit on.

>HOW MANY STRENGTHS ARE IN ROTJR?
There's a bunch of people who are plenty stronk, and strength-dumping isn't common at all.
>>
>>50793742
What's the last thing strength did for me? Got me roped into moving a heavy old fashioned filing cabinet up 3 flights of stairs for my sister, that's what.
>>
>>50793742
Im in HV and I have strength!
>>
>>50793742
>playing a STR Magus right now
>>
>>50793742

I can only speak for my own characters, but let's see here... half of mine are, and of the other half one still has good strength and another has positive strength, with one at negative and one at neutral strength values.
>>
>>50793742
Autism Fighter is strength based
>>
>>50793781
Despite what people think of /pfg/, not everybody is minmaxing autists if the RotJR applicants are to be considered a decent sample size.

We might understand that str gets dicked in terms of char op, but that doesn't mean we don't like slumming it every once and a while.
>>
File: 1480381718911.png (642KB, 726x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1480381718911.png
642KB, 726x1040px
>people reee at the Dex>Str thing
>Oh but ZS warder is too good!
>>
>>50793927
It's almost like it's a class dedicated solely to making an armored Strength character good, using a style of combat that is widely known to do obscene amounts of damage
>>
>>50793742
Paizo at least was bullied. Years ago one of the devs even tried to justify shitting on martials using that as the example. Wish I had a screenshot, maybe someone else does?

And my crocman is stronk, only gets stronker.
>>
>>50793945

I thought it was more of a recognition that shields are still shit even when you use overPoWered rules
>>
>>50793945
>implying non-ZS warder wouldn't be commonly played two-handed str if ZS didn't exist.
>>
>>50794013
This, either that or everyone would just be Warlords.
>>
>>50794013
What's the deal with Scarlet Throne anyway? It seems fitting for 2h but seems to have a bunch of "must use 1h blade" in there, even the style feats.
>>
>>50794037
>tfw you like warlords and ZS warders but the "martials-can't be fun" crowd memes them into taboo.
>>
>>50793195

I am not sure about wisdom. Good will save + irrepressible + buffing spells make it hurt a lot less than for other races.
>>
>>50794108
What spells directly buff your saves besides Good Hope senpai.
>>
>>50793742
Gallius is a Str character who wields a bound Tower shield
>>
File: INvestiquisitor.jpg (203KB, 861x1300px) Image search: [Google]
INvestiquisitor.jpg
203KB, 861x1300px
Alright, /pfg/, check me on this.

Investigator (Lamplighter) | Inquisitor (Living Grimoire) of Sarenrae. Determined to track down and find evil at it's darkest; to shed light on those who perform evil not so others can see it, but so the evildoer can see it, so they can understand what they are doing, what the cost of it has been to themselves and others in blood and sweat and despair. He goes out at night, holy tome in one hand and lantern in the other, to track his quarry down; and, along the way, shepherd those who need safety in the dark.

Is this idea workable or no? Are there other archetypes I should look at on either side fo the gestalt that would stack with Lamplighter or Living Grimoire?
>>
>>50794262
I like your idea. Sounds very good to me.
>>
Is there a way you can make a character an orphan without it being eye rolling?
>>
>>50794504

Of course. Hit us up with your idea.
>>
File: pirates3.jpg (54KB, 853x365px) Image search: [Google]
pirates3.jpg
54KB, 853x365px
>>50794504

>Tell me, have you ever known what it is to be an orphan?
>Often!
>>
Gonzo 2 is a gift to all mankind. That is all.
>>
>>50794672

You're a gift to mankind, anon!
>>
>hand GM backstory
>Starts with "Ichabod Moore was born at an extremely young age."
I think this will be fine.
>>
>>50794672
Ir was made with Kickstarter right?
I guess a lot of people wanted something like it so it's no surprise it gets the love it does.
>>
File: UproariousLaughter.jpg (66KB, 545x582px) Image search: [Google]
UproariousLaughter.jpg
66KB, 545x582px
>>50794857
>>
File: laughingdwarfs.jpg (11KB, 302x167px) Image search: [Google]
laughingdwarfs.jpg
11KB, 302x167px
>>50794857
>>
File: 1480056802770.gif (2MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
1480056802770.gif
2MB, 400x250px
>>50794857
>>
File: 1461433404803.jpg (8KB, 152x200px) Image search: [Google]
1461433404803.jpg
8KB, 152x200px
>>50794857
>>
File: 'moe'.jpg (6KB, 160x200px) Image search: [Google]
'moe'.jpg
6KB, 160x200px
>>50794857
>>
File: 1475792803947.gif (422KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1475792803947.gif
422KB, 512x512px
>>50794857
>>
Okay, here is a ROTJR character

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1034506

I don't really have any experience with gestalt and not much with 3pp (or myth weavers for that matter, I usually make my own sheets in Excel) so this was quite the undertaking and I'm still not sure I know what I'm doing. If there's anything glaringly wrong, please point it out.

I want to re-arrange the some skills I think, since I haven't updated them since I first put the values down. I don't really like the Abjuration implement that much, so I might swap it out for Illusion. Necromancy has some neat powers but I don't really want to use the Animate Dead spells. I really don't like Student of Philosophy and "having" to take but if I want to use Outside Contact from Occultist you have to have it. Bruising Intellect might be a bit more fitting for the character overall, so I might go with that instead.
>>
>>50795147
>http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1034506
So looking at the character what I am seeing is that you are a generalist. You did not dive head first into any one role. While this is ok the game rewards specialization more than generalization.
>>
File: LaughingCruiseMan.jpg (84KB, 682x600px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingCruiseMan.jpg
84KB, 682x600px
>>50795147
>another tiefling from Ustalav
>a third PC from Ustalav

One more and we can just have a whole party from that shithole.
>>
File: 1479087826456.png (233KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1479087826456.png
233KB, 480x640px
How's this look for a character, /pfg/? Any tips on the mechanics, or what to do with the remaining gold?

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1044228
>>
>>50795147
To be more serious, you can just take Deadly Agility instead of fencing grace, which would mean you could use more than just a rapier. You could then take Orator instead of weapon focus if you wanted, because the DM said that it was okay to drop the Skill Focus requirement. That would free up your social trait.
>>
File: plaindoll.png (1MB, 820x950px) Image search: [Google]
plaindoll.png
1MB, 820x950px
>>50795263

Wait until Avowed 2 hits and the forth will come into play, anon! They'll be an android built to protect a certain hunter, and they'll be doing that regardless of the hunter's current state.

Pic related.
>>
>tfw no gf

Who is the best gf or even waifu material of the RotJR characters?

Husbandos?
>>
>>50795461
Zeldana's probably the best GF but she's not waifu material.
>>
>>50795326
Oh, that is a good idea and is even pretty thematic. I guess I thought Deadly Agility required knowing maneuvers.

>>50795186
This is a Paizo AP, right?
>>
>>50795461
Onryou's probably the one who hits the most of my fetishes--busty, muscular, horns, exotic skin color, fun--plus she's a good cook. Would mamoru that shit.
>>
In my most recent campaign, I've decided to have the main villains be aboleths. I'm slightly worried that my underoptimized party would get shat on if I gave the aboleths psion or wizard levels, but I still want them to feel unique and give them shit the party has never seen before.

Any suggestions for mid-powered weird magic classes? I've though of giving them Truenamer or Ethermancer levels from Strange Magic, but I'd like some opinions.
>>
>>50795574
Mesmerist, Occultist, Cult Leader Warpriest, something into Thrall Herd.
>>
>>50795476

Zeldana could become a great wife, all you'd need to do is make her fall for you!
>>
File: Cherche.png (796KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Cherche.png
796KB, 576x1024px
What's the best way to become an effective Wyvern rider? I want to fly around with heavy armor and high Str, ruining people with axe swings and lance charges.
>>
>>50795737
Hussar Warder, talk to your GM about getting a flying mount.
>>
>>50795527

I dont care much what she wears or what she looks like, All that matters is what she cooks like! Beef, pork, chicken!
>>
>>50795668
I mean, though, the last person she fell for was part of a 'torture and dismemberment' cult, I'm not sure she'd fall for someone else so easily you know?
>>
>>50795775
How about a girl who's got a brain, who always speaks her mind?
>>
>>50795668

I would unironically waifu Zeldana, even after knowing what a shameless slut she is.
>>
Do you guys not have a private chat for your campaign club?
>>
>>50795840
Do you not get tired of whining without contributing a discussion of your own?
>>
>>50795859
I made one post, anon.
>>
>>50795809

Oh please! Western girls fall for just as worse all the time, and they turn out fine!
>>
>>50795885
And are you tired of it yet? Whining about RotJR posting is less related to Pathfinder than RotJR posting. Whining about whining about RotJR posting even less so.
>>
What's so bad about arcane tricksters?
I find legerdemain very appealing, and they get some nice abilities.

Then again, having never played pathfinder before I have no reference point.
>>
>>50795814

Nah!
>>
>>50795923
My family ways and turn-of-phrase are sure to thrill her
>>
>>50795824
But your waifu is impure! IMPURE!
>>
>>50795922
The problem with arcane trickster is it's just done better with other classes without the need to spec into it. Just about all the old prestige classes have that problem.
>>
>>50795964
Oh, you think you're such a lady-killer?
>>
File: Cipher_Camilla_art.png (788KB, 596x811px) Image search: [Google]
Cipher_Camilla_art.png
788KB, 596x811px
>>50795770
What's a Hussar Warder? I thought Hussar was a Cavalier archetype, one that only gets light armor too.
>>
>>50795919
Holy shit dude calm down, it was a simple question you could have ignored if it upset you so much.
>>
>>50795966

You're impure! You're impure and yet people love you! Why can't Zeldana have the same happy ending? She's a slut, she was a slut, but now she wants to be a family woman!
>>
>>50796012
I could say the same to you.
>>
>>50795975
Any recommendations?
>>
>>50795987
Well, I got a girl back home who's unlike any other
>>
>>50796025
Because good people don't get happy endings! There is only death and despair awaiting the so-called good and kind! The only difference is any life is simply how soon it must come!
>>
>>50795922
It's not so much that AT is bad, but it's much easier to make a character with a similar concept using archetypes or VMC. I personally love the AT, but just being an eldritch scoundrel is easier.

However, an Eldritch Scoundrel and an AT of the same level end up with completely different abilities, so in the end it's more of a personal choice.
>>
>>50796039
Yeah, right--I bet the only girl who'd love you is your mother.
>>
>>50795993
It's Path of War stuff. So if you're group doesn't run 3rd party stuff for whatever reason, talk to your GM about the Wyvern Rider Cavalier archetype in the dragon players companion that came out. Lagacy of Dragons I think? Can't remember.
>>
>>50796043

Zyphus! Go away! Nobody likes you!

I will make Zeldana a lovely mother who bashfully looks back on her wild years with fondness while nursing two kids at her tattooed breasts!
>>
>>50796043
Hello Zyphus, nice of you to stop by (no it really isn't please go away).
>>
>>50795993
It's a Path of War archetype (technically a template, which is like an archetype for multiple classes.)
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/martial-class-templates/hussar-template

Without any 3rd party sources I'd say go Hunter. You've only got 3/4 BAB, but you can grab a flying mount at level 1.
>>
>>50796048
What's a VMC?
>>
>>50795737
important question: 1pp only or 3pp?
There is a drake rider archetype for the Cavalier if 3pp only, but your Drake Companion isn't too great.
>>
>>50796102
Isn't there a 3p dev whos working on making them not suck?
>>
>>50795993
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/classes/martial-class-templates/hussar-template
There's no specific statline for having a wyvern mount though, so you're going to have to ask your DM.
Also, supreme taste in favored FE class.
This is my own homebrew on the wyvern.
Wyvern Knight
As your mastery in mounted combat rises, you’ve earned the service of a mighty steed-the wyvern
Prerequisites: Monstrous Mount Mastery; Ride 9 ranks; Draconic language; divine bond (mount), hunter's bond (animal companion), or mount class feature with an effective druid level of 9.
Benefits: You gain the service of a wyvern as your steed. While it follows the progression of an animal companion, it has the following benefits:
-Its type is Dragon
-D12 HD, with a base attack bonus equaling the wyvern’s total number of hit die
-Will save progression equals Fortitude and Reflex save progression
-In place of the Multiattack feat, it gains the Stalwart ability, as the inquisitor class feature
-6+Int modifier skill ranks per level, with all the class skills gained by creatures of the Dragon type
However, your effective druid level is treated as 2 lower whenever using a wyvern as your animal companion

Wyvern
Starting Statistics
Size Large; Speed 20 ft, 60 ft fly (poor); AC +9 natural armor; Attacks bite (2d6), stinger (1d6, poison); Ability Scores Str 19, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 7, Wis 12, Cha 9; Languages Draconic; Special Qualities darkvision 60 ft, low-light vision, scent, dragon immunities, +4 Perception, poison (injury; save DC 17; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d4 Constitution damage; cure 2 consecutive saves. The save DC is Constitution-based)

11th level advancement
Speed 40 ft, 80 ft fly (average); AC +2 natural armor; Attacks bite (2d6, grab), stinger (1d6, poison), 2 wings (1d6); Ability Scores +4 Str +4 Con +2 Wis; Special Attacks Rake (2 talons, 1d6)

>>50796072
The drake martial archetypes are shit.
>>
>>50796099
Variant Multiclass. You give up half of your feats from levels for class abilities from a different class.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/character-advancement#TOC-Variant-Multiclassing
>>
File: Erastil.png (926KB, 687x856px) Image search: [Google]
Erastil.png
926KB, 687x856px
>>50796043

Dangit, anon, you'll never meet a nice girl if all you do is whine and moan about this "life is futile suffering" nonsense. Now stand up straight, get a sensible haircut, and do your homework!
>>
>>50796102
>if 3pp only,
*1pp only
Its pretty late
>>
>>50796037
Magus archetypes , Bard archetypes, occult classes. As time went on, that prestige class got more and more invalidated. Hell, there's rogue talents and archetypes that fill that roll now. Just look up some guides if you don't feel like doing the digging yourself.
>>
>>50796077
>>50796083

LIFE IS SUFFERING AND NO PITIFUL OPINIONS CAN STOP THAT

>>50796127

GO AWAY ERASTIL YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD
>>
File: Y'Shaarj.jpg (2MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
Y'Shaarj.jpg
2MB, 2550x3300px
>>50796043
Yes, yes, good!

Voice your doubts. Caress your fear. Gorge your hatred!

Only then can you make them feel what you feel. Only then can you pluck their wings.
>>
>>50796039
>>50796063
>>50795987
>>50795964
>>50795814

i love you guys.
>>
>>50796140

YOU'RE JUST AN EDGY LITTLE GIT THAT GOT SUCKED INTO A LIFE OF CHUUNI.

PLEASE ANON, WE LOVE YOU. WASH OFF THAT MASCARA AND BE A FAMILY MAN.
>>
File: 1451424653038.gif (598KB, 438x750px) Image search: [Google]
1451424653038.gif
598KB, 438x750px
>>50796077

>Tattooed breasts

O-Oh gosh, am I the only one that really finds that absurdly hot?
>>
File: scythe tits.jpg (87KB, 837x1500px) Image search: [Google]
scythe tits.jpg
87KB, 837x1500px
>>50796140
Zyphus, I think we should all take a second to calm down. Erastil just wants what's best for you, he's just not very good at saying it.
>>
>>50796166

There is a certain appeal to it that i respect. So no, you are not alone in this feel.
>>
>>50796140
>LIFE IS SUFFERING AND NO PITIFUL OPINIONS CAN STOP THAT
But I'm not suffering, heck id say things are going pretty well so far.
Plus many people pass on peacefully and calmly surrounded by loved ones.
I'm sorry zyphus, that you had shit luck with life, but your experience and misfortune is in no way indicative of life as a whole, quit projecting like a child, and actually start doing something productive with your life, like trying to make Pharasma less of a frigid bitch, or possibly making yourself open to be a steady boyfriend for Urgathoa to get her to calm her tits and show some moderation for once
>>
File: 1430322016098.jpg (181KB, 556x690px) Image search: [Google]
1430322016098.jpg
181KB, 556x690px
>>50796190
>>50796183
>>50796140
>>50796127
>Erastil and Shelyn deciding to be matchmakers for Zyphus and Urgathoa in hopes to get them to settle down and chill out
I never knew I wanted this so badly!
>>
>>50796190
>implying you can save him from his pain
>implying you can change his mind

You cannot succeed. Your cause is hopeless.

The hour is too late to bring him to the light. You would do him a great mercy by destroying him.
>>
>>50792127

From the back, probably!
>>
>>50796202
>>50796190
>Zyphus and Urgathoa
>not Zyphus and Naderi with stepmom Urgathoa
>>
File: 1374931724186.jpg (110KB, 748x720px) Image search: [Google]
1374931724186.jpg
110KB, 748x720px
>>50796202

Well golly, anon! You posting that lovely, dutiful young wife has made me wonder... Who makes the best pair in RotJR?
>>
>>50796228
>Naderi
>Implying PF's version of cuckfish can ever find a stable relationship
>>
>>50796244
Well it's obviously not going to be stable, what with Zyphus encouraging to kill herself constantly. But that's the sort of stuff Naderi finds hot.
>>
>>50796228

Naderi and Milani deserve to have a schlick baby with Zyphus and Urgathoa as Uncle and Aunty.
>>
I want to take my shelved PoW Stalker (Vigilante) | Alchemist (Toxicant) down and try to make it into something playable, but I'm having a hard time thinking of a good direction to go mechanically.

The idea was (after a healthy dose of refluffing) that she was a Vishkanya with especially virulent bodily toxins (hence the Toxicant) that had done a lot of self-experimentation to remove the poison, all of which failed and ended up creating a lot of dangerous byproducts (Steel Serpent maneuvers).

But for now it feels much too spread out. Maneuvers, Inspiration, extracts, Toxicant stuff, bombs, and sneak attack progression. Is there anything I can do to narrow the focus while not losing too much of the background?
>>
So apparently Glabrezu use their Veil spell-like ability to masquerade as humans. But Veil is an illusion, it doesn't change the fact that they're 18 feet tall and way 6000 pounds. What the fuck?
>>
File: Rahadoum_symbol.jpg (83KB, 624x819px) Image search: [Google]
Rahadoum_symbol.jpg
83KB, 624x819px
>>50796202
>>50796183
>>50796127
What is going on in this thread?
>>
>>50796290
Is this a gestalt build?
If not, stack Vivisectionist on Toxicant to continue your sneak attack progression.

Otherwise well, bombs are really standalone, and sneak attack is passive.
Maneuvers are combat, extracts are utility, and inspiration is a mix of skill checks and passive.
It's not /that/ much.
>>
>>50796351
Nothing you'd care about, go stick your head back in the sand.
>>
File: Kelda.png (89KB, 218x400px) Image search: [Google]
Kelda.png
89KB, 218x400px
>>50796231
Are we talking PC and NPC, or PC and other PC?
And if the former, should we include spoilers like characters from Minkai, Hongal, or Kalsgard?

Because I know who I'm still carrying a torch for.
>>
>>50796381

Let's say, PC and PC as well as PC and NPC!

Get away from Kelda, you slut! She's mine!
>>
File: tripasura.png (690KB, 798x856px) Image search: [Google]
tripasura.png
690KB, 798x856px
>>50796361
Maybe if you'd fix the giant hurricane, tell your sycophants not to subject entire nations to 300 years of endless war at a time, and in general stop leaving mortals to fix your messes, nobody would have much reason to question the nature of divinity.

But you won't, will you?
>>
File: Ashnard_the_Mad_King.png (629KB, 1024x744px) Image search: [Google]
Ashnard_the_Mad_King.png
629KB, 1024x744px
>>50796072
>>50796086
>>50796119
So is there a better way than just investing a feat to get heavy armor as a Warder? I won't be satisfied unless I'm a flying tank.

Nothing better than flying generals, after all.
>>
>>50796407
Not my fault the writers at Paizo are such assholes.

I mean, Hells, I just wanted to talk to someone, but nooo, they had to turn it into a 1,000,000% volume game of The Price is Right!
>>
>>50796120
From what I could gather in this short amount of time, I'm not so sure if this is what I want.
Finishing AT by lvl 14 for that spell with sneak attack seems very appealing to me. But I'll definitely look more into it. So far all the options and variant rules are a bit overwhelming.

So here's my idea, tiefling rogue 1, teleportation wizard 3, sneak attack feat, then AT. Familiar for extra sleight of hand and utility, 4 to 5 dimension doors at swift action, legerdemain for combat stealing, and handling traps from a distance.
Pretty much full mage except for feats.

Is it that bad?
>>
I wonder, are Apsu and Iomedae still an item, did they break up, or is it "complicated"?
>>
>>50796405
I dunno--do we feel someone like Onryou, a big muscley martial artist, would be happier with someone to contrast with her? Or someone who she can demolish a few bedrooms with?
>>
>>50796137
Magus looked interesting, but more of a fighter.
I haven't really looked into archetypes yet. I should.
>>
>>50796470
I think it was a one-night stand, but they try and at least give Peace Through Vigilance a good, stable upbringing.
>>
>>50796442
One of the easier ways to do it, weirdly enough, is with a Mounted Fury Vigilante, and asking your GM if you can use a Roc instead of a horse. Fluff it as a dragon, spend a feat on Heavy Armor Proficiency, and go to town as Mounted Black Knight.
>>
>>50796489
>Lawful Good deities engaging in one-night stands
>>
>>50796476

Personally? I'd ship Onryou with someone like Ferandru, a man that can not only keep up with her, but FUCK her and reach those really deep places that other cocks simply can't reach.

Basically, she needs a big personality and a big dick.
>>
>>50796512
>implying one can't simply sneak a couple spells into the bedroom
>implying she's not gonna open her legs for anybody with enlarge person prepared/known
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
>>50796512
that's pretty gay, dude

Gayer than a threesome involving these three
>>
>>50796508
Not the best example, but BoEF's illustration of how LG goes about its sex life was specifically about a paladin having a one-night stand.

You just have to be honest about what you're offering, what you expect, and then do your best to treat your partner right. And hey, even a god's got needs.

>inb4 somebody can dig out an exact quote from JJ talking about how LG is all repressed rapists waiting to happen
>>
>>50796357
It is gestalt, yeah, so no stacking the sneak attacks.

I guess all the individual piece have their place, it just feels like a lot to manage and none of them really excel at a given thing.
>>
>>50796539
>threesome with the pillarmen
>gay
Anon...
>>
>>50796512
>implying it wouldn't be adorable for Onryou to pair with a cute and nervous character as a contrast to her.
O-Osu!
>>
File: 1aa.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1aa.gif
2MB, 500x282px
>>50796539
>threesome
>mfw interpret that as "other person PLUS those three"
Dude, I know pillar man physiology can get pretty screwy, but I don't really wanna consider how four people ends up as a threesome.
>>
>>50796508
To be fair, wasn't it like a week's worth of romping with the Giant Goddess of Fertility that Erastil created werebears, stone giants, and several divine elk?
>>
File: Erastil_2.jpg (69KB, 514x1321px) Image search: [Google]
Erastil_2.jpg
69KB, 514x1321px
>>50796583

And dire bears.

It would go some ways to explaining why he hasn't risked a relationship with a non-giant goddess.
>>
File: 2.jpg (130KB, 400x1185px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
130KB, 400x1185px
>>50796574

But anon, Onryou is already cute and nervous, she doesn't need another person like that to s-slowly push his p-p-pen0r into her vagooooo.

Fuck that, she needs a proper man to pin her down and tunnel those undiscovered caverns until she's squealing and flooding them with her desire, then *maybe* when they're closer to Tian Xia she might be the one grabbing her lover, tucking him under her shoulder, and carrying him to bed to service her as an Enlarged person to really cocksleeve that miserable Oni.
>>
>>50796579
You've never had a non-euclideansome?
>>
File: original.jpg (222KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
222KB, 800x800px
>>50796622
Hm, perhaps there's some potential in the new Monk/Sorcerer--character blurb mentioned he got into a fight in the Rusty Dragon and had to be knocked out, it'd be kind of a fun meet cute for them to have first met with her drop-kicking him.
>>
>>50796622
s-source
>>
>>50796583
My headcanon is that those two are actually married, but they both prefer to keep their home life and professional life separate, so they don't bring it up that often.
>>
>>50790743
Fyi: she's wearing a wig. All hobgoblins are so bald.
>>
File: 8.jpg (124KB, 400x1185px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
124KB, 400x1185px
>>50796684

I don't remember the name, but it's CUTE!
>>
>>50796705
That may have gotten retconned.
>>
>>50796231
EVERYONE AND THEIR INEVITABLE DEATH. EVEN THE ONES WHO ARE TRYING TO ESCAPE IT. ESPECIALLY! THE ONES! WHO ARE TRYING! TO ESCAPE IT!
>>
File: Lord_Darion_Mograine.jpg (55KB, 499x567px) Image search: [Google]
Lord_Darion_Mograine.jpg
55KB, 499x567px
>>50796719
DEATH IS FOR THE LIVING, ZYPHUS. IT HAS NO POWER OVER THE DAMNED.
>>
>>50796719
What about people who die, but get better fairly quickly?
>>
So uh, I appear to need some help.

>Make a Lawful Evil Bladebound Magus Lv 3 to replace the Lv 2 one that died to a fucking gelatinous cube trap (THANKS GM)

>He's got an oathkeeping fetish, keeps journal logs of every promise that's ever been made to him/by him, sometimes writes up actual contracts. Has a final goal of ruling the whole world from behind the curtain by instating Kings and Queens that always keep their word and calling in favors as needed

>GM wants me to design the Black Blade's personality/goal, despite the fact that she should be the one doing it

Basically I wasn't prepared to come up with an entirely new character, and I don't know what personality my swordfu should have.
>>
File: erastil.jpg (51KB, 386x500px) Image search: [Google]
erastil.jpg
51KB, 386x500px
>>50796719

HOMEWORK! NOW!
>>
>>50796719
>linkin park.minstrel
>>
>>50796736

I FINISHED MY HOMEWORK ALREADY ERASTIL YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO
>>
>>50796672

Honestly? As long as he's dashing and has a dick at least 8+ inches than I can see him being her dream man - the girl, god love her, wants a prince and all that cuteness that implies, but in the end she's a fucking ONI and that implies having a bottomless snatch that will accept no less than a full foot of cock.
>>
File: frostmourne-shattered.jpg (73KB, 550x292px) Image search: [Google]
frostmourne-shattered.jpg
73KB, 550x292px
>>50796734
>not having your Black Blade be Frostmourne
>>
>>50796710
Tsurezure Children, bitch. Read it.
>>
>>50796710
It looks damn cute. Why is she sweating though
>>
>>50796764
Get with the times bruh, Nerzhul's dead for fucking real.
>>
>>50796535
>mfw I was making a cleric of Erastil with the growth domain
>>
>>50796777

Well, from what I've seen of that particular series, I'd say it's because she thinks he's cute, and she's subsequently having a LOT of trouble focusing and being the tough, no-nonsense karate captain she's supposed to be.
>>
File: 1.jpg (116KB, 400x1184px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
116KB, 400x1184px
>>50796777

Here's scene one, guess what she's getting flustered over.
>>
>>50796760
She isn't an oni, she's a half oni.
Which I'd why I think it's funny everyone is playing up the Oni part of her. She's more like a pony then a purebred guys.
So I say let her have a cute relationship.
>>
>>50796835
Was this part of another mango? It looks a little like they might be side characters in Tomo chan wa onna no ko?
>>
>>50796764
Nah, doesn't fit, it doesn't have ice powers or anything.
>>
>>50796846

They're "side" characters in a Slice of Life series that doesn't focus on any one character in particular, it jumps between Astronomy class to the foreign exchange student and the suave amazing ladies man that I'm TOTALLY not stealing lines from.
>>
>>50796844
Tieflings aren't half anything. Fucking hell.

Someone in the family line got exposed to Oni magic. That's it.
>>
File: Afterimage.jpg (133KB, 400x1186px) Image search: [Google]
Afterimage.jpg
133KB, 400x1186px
>>50796866
You mean this guy?
>>
>>50796866
My kitten
>>
File: 276.jpg (21KB, 354x373px) Image search: [Google]
276.jpg
21KB, 354x373px
>>50796894

That guy is a smooth operator.
>>
File: 1440950646163.png (13KB, 523x497px) Image search: [Google]
1440950646163.png
13KB, 523x497px
>>50796844

She's also 6'5 and described as being insatiable in more than one respects when you get her going, and her urges only grow more powerful the closer she gets to Minkai.

The girl wants a prince because she's still a dainty virgin that doesn't know her own body beyond a light flick of the fingers off some sensitive nubs, when push comes to pump she's going to realize a simple 5 inches isn't going to satisfy her, and even if the first or second time is magical she'll *eventually* realize it's time to bring in the Enlarge Person magic.

So why do that when you can go for the big guns right away? Give her a huge cock and a gentle soul to wield it, the girl wants one and needs the other.
>>
So, /pfg/, what ROTJR character do you hate the most?

For me, it's Khair. He's a boring character with no real redeeming features and his creator is an unabashed pervert with a character making problem, but Khair is probably the worst because he's just so flat and boring and useless. Not to mention being a full caster AND a half-caster, half-initiator.
>>
File: razzledazzle.jpg (239KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
razzledazzle.jpg
239KB, 760x596px
>>50796894
>>
>>50796894

HOLY SHIT YES.

THAT GUY IS MY MUSE. MY INSPIRATION.
>>
>>50796919

You haven't seen the half of it, Fennec.

The guy's a goldmine for quotes to use for any bard, Paladin or other such high-charisma charmer.
>>
>>50796930
Me! I hate myself most!
>>
>>50796972
Same senpai.
>>
>>50796972
>>50796979

But anons, I love you!
>>
I don't want it to be memed like the RotJR game, but is the comfy empire game going to be gestalt?
>>
>>50797013
Gestalt was pretty low on the list for chargen rules, so probably not.
>>
File: TZLSA3O9AT4P1458070980016.gif (457KB, 350x432px) Image search: [Google]
TZLSA3O9AT4P1458070980016.gif
457KB, 350x432px
>>50796998
No you don't. You don't even know them.

Trying to convince yourself you love everyone - ridiculous! What, did Shelyn put you up to this? She has always been naive.
>>
>>50797013

What did you have in mind for a character, senpai?
>>
>>50796930
All of them. I'm tired of this shit spamming EVERY SINGLE FUCKING THREAD YOU STUPID FUCKING FAGGOTS WITH YOUR GAY AUTISTIC SHIT GET A GODDAMN DISCORD OR IRC OR WHATEVER THE FUCK JUST STOP COMING HERE YOU DON'T EVEN TALK ABOUT PATHFINDER YOU JUST CIRCLEJERK ABOUT CHARACTERS
>>
File: 1444439143094.jpg (20KB, 234x331px) Image search: [Google]
1444439143094.jpg
20KB, 234x331px
>>50797026

You're just using big words because you know I'm not that smart! I think those anons are sweeties and I want to tell them they're sweeties, and nothing a big squid says will stop me!
>>
>>50797036
Oh now I see why that other anon flipped his shit at me before
>>
>>50797052
He kinda right tho
>>
File: 1475084999596.jpg (34KB, 337x352px) Image search: [Google]
1475084999596.jpg
34KB, 337x352px
>>50797022

>mfw I just want to make a Swordlord
>>
>>50797036

What's funny is we have an irc. And a roll20. Neither one's particularly dead, but for most of us IN those we only bring character concepts here to talk about 'hey, does this make sense in universe' or 'how does this pan out mechanically'.
>>
>>50797036
They have an IRC, they just usually don'tuse it much, since most of the RotJR shitposting done here isn't even done by the applicants themselves
>>
>>50797022
It kinda makes things easier that way, I think. Not having to explain a shit ton of mechanics is somewhat relieving.

>>50797027
I'm not sure. The tactician types seems really popular this time around and I will admit, the "Molthuni Intelligence Officer" sounds cool. But Warders and other full initiators seem to be getting memed as OP nowadays because people want anti-fun. Honestly, either a bushi warlord or some kind of support/face hedgewitch sounds fun. Not sure on characters until I read more on Molthune and hear more on setting.
>>
File: 1421942642393.jpg (27KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
1421942642393.jpg
27KB, 315x315px
>>50797112
>Not sure on characters until I read more on Molthune and hear more on setting.

But we meme Molthune all the ding dong time! What do you need to know about it?
>>
File: Smug Kitsune.png (233KB, 593x728px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Kitsune.png
233KB, 593x728px
>>50797074
A swordlord is still perfectly viable anon! Anything with Mithral Current will work fine.

>>50797112
The pic was actually an accidental attachment. I'm fine with non-gestalt, seeing as Di is REALLY easy to convert to non-gestalt. Just make her a URogue (HB/KT) without the Warder half.
>>
>>50797121
Major religions, major cities, imports, exports, population demographics, common problems solved by adventurers or the military, rough history.

Nothing too much I think.
>>
Has anybody actually played an Eldritch Scoundrel//Hidden Blade Rogue
>>
>>50797149
A non-rogue? Yeah I think lots of people play those.
>>
>>50796716
Nah, Hobgoblin women love them some wigs. Hobgoblin men love big fake titties and big blonde wigs. I don't know what that bitch's problem though.
>>
File: Hobgoblin Chaokineticist.jpg (85KB, 497x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Hobgoblin Chaokineticist.jpg
85KB, 497x1000px
>>50797176
This is art from occult origins.
>>
How scummy is it to dip incanter 1 to nab conversion inquisition before multiclassing into the inspiration hedgewitch?
>>
>>50797210
That's pretty dirty senpai.
>>
>>50796734
>Still need to design a Swordfu
I mean, mechanically I know what it will do/is (Scimitar because I don't want to risk being unoptimized after fucking GELATANIOUS CUBE), but I've got NO IDEA what it's personality is
>>
>>50797210
Expect endless bitching.

If Incanter didn't want to be dipped it shouldn't have dressed like such a fucking slut.
>>
File: REMOVE.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
REMOVE.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
>>50797210
R E M O V E D I P P E R
>>
>>50797112

There's a lot of people looking to play tactician/intelligent sorts; maybe I should rethink my old knight occultist with war-trinkets for his focus items, isnce his thing was going to be tactical thinking and battlefield buffs.
>>
>>50797203
That's not a hobgoblin, that's a half-elf with an tooth condition!
>>
>>50797210
Are you 2hu?
Only 2hu would dip incanter for that.
>>
>>50797244
It's because that's sorta Molthune's shtick. Sure, they're nationalists, but not the ultra-patriots that you get in Cheliax. They're the proud tacticians, fighting against the Nirmathan guerillas, not going down to those dirty hippy's level but still winning through sheer military brilliance.
>>
>>50797218
>>50797226
>>50797239
>>50797259
C-can I ask why? I thought 3.5 dipped a lot. Fuck, I can't do anything right.
>>
>>50797259
No he wouldn't. 2hu didn't invent the fucking concept of an Incanter dip. People have been talking about how it's been so fucking dippable since Spheres of power dropped.
>>
>>50797273

Yeah, but if EVERYONE in a game is playing a national stereotype than it gets boring, you know?
>>
>>50797148
Do you have a copy of the ISWG?
>>
>>50797274
Personally it's fine.

Some people are just trying to push the idea that since you shouldn't optimise to the max in gestalt, it's somehow dirty to use any optimisation tricks at all.

It depends on if your party has that niche already or not.
>>
>>50797274
Witch hunts.People consider it "scummy" because Spheres as a whole is really fucking mutliclass friendly. Most of the classes are fucking fighter tier in terms of class features and since Caster level works like BAB, there isn't too much penalty in moving around to get what you want. Also 2hu metioned it's a thing so OF COURSE it must be bad.
>>
>>50797297
Personally I was thinking of just a really entertaining dude who just kinda welches off his peasants but is a generally fun dude anyway so they don't mind too much
>>
>>50793415

Who dies in suprise rounds, ever?

You're limited to a standard action. The only thing that really can kill people that way is something with pounce.
>>
>>50797274
3.5 had over 800 classes. Dipping worked because classes were so oversaturated.

Pathfinder classes are a lot better at filling their niche than 3.5 classes, and if they want to do something else then they have archetypes. Dipping is seen as a lot scummier in Pathfinder because it's not the only way to optimize like it was in 3.5. A 1 level incanter dip isn't the worst thing in the world.

>>50797297
I do! But if you're playing a dumb brute then you're probably not going to be a Molthuni knight!
>>
>>50797319
>>50797303
>>50797274
>https://warosu.org/tg/image/CuLgXNO2lqvbp55wl45NPg
See this.
>>50797349
When did /pfg/ start getting good goddamn sense?
>>
File: saltelemental.png (123KB, 500x506px) Image search: [Google]
saltelemental.png
123KB, 500x506px
>>50797303
>>50797319
This particular thing has gotten real out of hand in my opinion. Why are we criticizing and actually bullying people that try to optimize at all? All of a sudden, anyone that is OD/ZS, dips incanter, uses conversion domain, uses scarlet throne, elemental flux or any other "problem" discipline, are 100% trying to break the game over their knee, are complete autists, and are definitely not trying to just not get outpaced, free up options to click earlier or just enjoy higher power levels in general. Heaven forbid anyone try to make Pathfinder not some perma-rustydaggershanktown that's ruled by casters.

Pic related
>>
>>50797349

Yeah, but there's a difference between 'not a creed-scale tactical genius' and 'dumb brute'. Maybe there's room for a newly-minted knight inheriting her father's estate, in far over her head because she didn't expect to be the heir, but her old siblings all died in battle while she was whiling away her life doing what fourth or fifth children do--parties and fun and being a disappointment to father--and now she actually has to try to live up to the ideals she's supposed to be?
>>
>>50797349

Since when has a lack of merit prevented people from holding rank?
>>
Psionic Vigilante When?
>>
>>50797132
>A swordlord is still perfectly viable anon! Anything with Mithral Current will work fine.

>Swordlord
>Mithral Current

Nigga those guys are Scarlet Throne and Scarlet Throne Style. Swordlords aren't built around lightning-fast Iaido slashes, they're built around being swishy-slashy flashy swordsmen with lots of twirls and pirouettes.
>>
>>50797332
>>50797349
>>50797385
I want to dual apply with somebody and play a knight's battlemaid.
>>
>>50797405
Aren't you the dude who was gonna pair up with fox-kun?
>>
File: Selvaria_Bles_Profile.png (333KB, 555x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Selvaria_Bles_Profile.png
333KB, 555x1000px
>>50797132

Something tells me Di needs to be more attractive.

Like, Selvaria Bles from Valkyria Chronicles. Only with fox ears.
>>
>>50797395
>lots of twirls and pirouettes
Kinda like...dancing?

>>50797419
She looks okay, but I prefer the character art I currently have. Remember, her charisma's just average, but she's got her social skills off of Int, Cha, so I want 'looks smart' more than 'looks hot' and the glasses do that pretty well.
>>
>>50797374
Yeah, it's real fucking weird that all the "optimization is bad" fags came out of the wood work for this game.

Maybe it's just ignorance. People seem to be under the impression that gestalt means you don't need to optimize. I find that the opposite tends to be true as it's REAL MOTHERFUCKING EASY to get left in the dust in a gestalt game.
>>
File: 1470449749091.gif (550KB, 728x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470449749091.gif
550KB, 728x720px
>>50797297
>>50797405

I was going to make an Alchemist (Chirurgeon) dedicated to the eradication of disease and malaise in his lands through the proper administration of holistic care and nutrition.

In other words, he's going to give people good food and proper work-hours.
>>
>>50797413
I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I just want to play a battlemaid.
>>
File: 2789922.jpg (200KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2789922.jpg
200KB, 1280x720px
>>50797439
>Kinda like...dancing?

They don't call it the Sword Dance for nothing, anon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUCgYaUGdNA

Also note the feats required for Swordlord; Dazzling Display and Weapon Finesse, as well as points in Acrobatics.

It's a weapon built around being the flashiest motherfucker in the world.
>>
>>50797342
Or Rogues. Or casters.
>>
>>50797441
>I find that the opposite tends to be true as it's REAL MOTHERFUCKING EASY to get left in the dust in a gestalt game.
This is the case, at least from my personal experience. Some guy who wants to gestalt vigilante and barbarian sounds great, until someone else gestalts alchemist and wizard and crowd contols everything. The anti-initiator stuff is the least sensible, since one could (and I have), just /not/ use maneuvers or their super-fuck-the-boss combo every 2 turns. You don't have to be firing on all cylinders in every combat 100% of the time. But having the options in case the party ends up pretty high optimized is a nice thing. In groups that have played together before, and can talk to each other about the overall power level, you don't need to do this. But online apps aren't always like that. It's basically entirely up to the GM to pick the level of power in his game.
>>
>>50797448
Are you sure he's not an Internal Alchemist?
>>
>>50797448
Fuck dude, that's such a better idea then what I had before.

What about a Spiritualist with a old war general as a ghostbuddy, but is actually really incompetent on the battlefield by himself
>>
>>50797559

Are you saying his old war buddy is the very model of a modern major-general?
>>
>>50792150
Does anyone have any idea on some good resources to read? I want to play a really convincing Gorum fanatic.
>>
>>50797537

I thought real hard about it, but Chirurgeon is more useful for the party and provides more tangible benefits to a society.

Internal Alchemist's initial flavor is on-point, but everything about it is just self-centered and dull. I don't want to hold my breath for 7 minutes, I want to be giving a little girl a thimble of health potion so her scraped knee feels better!
>>
>>50797584
I meant more that the ghost knew what he was doing, and the spiritualist was better at the handling a kingdom kind of deal. But I kek'd nonetheless
>>
File: 1477968436981.jpg (304KB, 1140x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1477968436981.jpg
304KB, 1140x1200px
>>50797533

This is why I institute the Subsystem Rule, and nerf classes that could get seriously powerful in Gestalt.

For example, in a game I'm planning for the future, you have to have Vigilante as one of your classes in a Gestalt (not a bad deal) but you can only benefit from two subsystems at a time, those subsystems being Initiating, Psionics, Alchemy, and Spherecasting.

Additionally, because you're gonna be having access to much broader lists of abilities, it doesn't make sense to give you full progression in all of them- you're limited to 6-level manifesting/maneuvers/extracts or the equivalent. Of course there are exceptions, like full initiators, who retain their maneuvers known, readied and stances but use the Archetype Maneuver Progression for determining the level of stances they get, the Specialist 9-level Manifestors (Vitalist, Tactician) who retain their 9-levels of powers because they're not broken at all, and the Specialist Spherecasters (Elementalist, Shifter, Eliciter) retain their Class-Level-As-Caster Level for a single sphere.

Honestly I think it's a good rule.
>>
>>50797533
Or hell: someone crosses a full initatior with a fighter and just shoots everything to death with archery in 1/2 a round.

Say goody to combat encounters with enemies that have less than 10000 HP.
>>
Why would you have more than 13 wis as a beatstick druid?
>>
>>50797665

>for determining the level of stances they get

Meant to say Maneuvers, fuck.

>>50797666

See above
>>
>>50797682
So you can make will saves.
>>
File: 1455381396741.jpg (92KB, 659x605px) Image search: [Google]
1455381396741.jpg
92KB, 659x605px
What kind of lady-knights do you want to see in the Molthune campaign?

What kind of male knights?

Yes! Include the stuff that makes you get a special feeling!
>>
So, for a big, belligerent crocman raised among the mostly humans of Sandpoint, what are some good ties he could have to the community?
>>
>>50797739
To be fair, since this is for pfs, Wis as good save + a trait will be enough desu
>>
>>50797617
Inner sea gods is a good resource. Besides that idk.

Its funny: Someone actually asks pathfinder questions but NO we are waifu-fagging up the thread with gestalt PoW bullshit.
>>
>>50797784
Gravedigger
>>
>>50797666
Those are the gestalts that make the least sense to me. Taking a class that already is great at combat (though may be boring, like most 1pp t4 classes), and gestalting it with ANOTHER class that does the same thing just seems so... bland. You have the chance to combine both flavor AND mechanics of two very different classes and people still go "Nah, he's just going to be a bit better at fighting/the same skills as I would in non-gestalt". It's maddening. Sure they're "kooky" gimmick class might not work in regular, but flavor wise and mechanic wise it's still just as interesting.

>>50797665
See, I hate that kind of rule. Gestalt is a power level option first. build enabler second, and not number inflator. I want to play gestalt to have the full progression in two subsystems. If I would settle for slow progression in one or both, why not just play one of the prestige classes, or archetypes like Eld. Scoundrel/ Hidden blade, Warpath follower or Polymath? That kind of ruling makes gestalt a "meh" option, since you aren't really changing much beyond build enabling. And that could be done by feat taxes, house rules or homebrew.
>>
>>50797764
I want the party to be comprised of a square. Light/heavy, male/female. That is, a lightly armored woman, a heavily armored woman, a lightly armored man, and a heavily armored man.
>>
>>50797784

Every now and again, the villagers get together and venture into his swamp to confront him, only for him to frighten them away?
>>
File: Shrek_smiling.jpg (48KB, 317x381px) Image search: [Google]
Shrek_smiling.jpg
48KB, 317x381px
>>50797848
>>50797784
sounds like he's a character with a lot of layers
>>
>>50797845
what if there's more than 4 players?
>>
File: 60207403_p0.jpg (575KB, 1280x848px) Image search: [Google]
60207403_p0.jpg
575KB, 1280x848px
>>50797764
I might make a lady-knight who wants to mamoru her village from rebels who steal from them!
>>
>>50797872
>6 players
Female/Male, Brains/Brawn/Beauty.
>>
>>50797385

Actually, the more I think about that idea, the more I like it, yes. I guess I just need ot figure out what class is best for 'dilletante noble's daughter now thrust into full on knighthood with only the faintest idea what to do about it'. Archetyped bard, maybe?
>>
>>50797820

Different strokes for different folks. I use Gestalt as a build enabler, rather than a power level option. Those rules are there expressly to KEEP runaway situations like a full initiator + Archer Fighter from happening. That's my houserule. If you don't like it, that's okay, we can agree to disagree.
>>
File: 1481934243665.jpg (96KB, 700x1178px) Image search: [Google]
1481934243665.jpg
96KB, 700x1178px
>>50797893

Bard sounds like the right type of character class, yeah!

>tfw I don't know if a big rough brute with a secret heart of gold for both his friends and his people would be good
>>
>>50797891
what about 5?
>>
>>50797811
And if he's too proud for that? Also possibly a gestalted Shifter/Ordained Defender?

>>50797848
>>50797868
Man, decide to cut the Peter Pan references from his backstory and get Shrek instead.
>>
>>50797933
>5 players
>locking one player into either an NPC relationship or being forever alone
Why would you do that?
>>
>>50797935
That sounds like every gravedigger to me
>>
>>50797955

Anon, for all you know, four of them will be competing for the affections of the fifth, only to eventually decide they don't mind sharing.
>>
>>50797955

You're assuming everyone pairs off all clean-like.

What if there's a party slut that likes getting spitroasted by the two hung party hunks, who use her back like a table for their mugs while they fuck her? What if one of the guys is servicing two of the girls?
>>
>>50797933
Where's the flexible dude with high dex?
>>
>>50797905
I understand that other people have different tastes, but I want to ask something.

What builds can you only run through gestalt that clever use of archetypes, mutliclassing, prestige classes, and if needed, some feat tax removal can't replicate?

I'll grant most things with guns, crossbows and other janky weapon styles, but outside of those, I'm unsure of builds that can only be done in gestalt that aren't just adding additional strengths like "is a skillmonkey" on top of more combat or casting or whatever.
>>
File: Jakob_4koma.png (763KB, 729x1711px) Image search: [Google]
Jakob_4koma.png
763KB, 729x1711px
>>50797764
I just want a knight who's interested in having a battlemaid. Or a butler.
>>
>>50798003
Myrmidon-tier shit
Unless I don't know what I'm talking about, in which case, teach me your ways
>>
>>50797935

You don't need to change his backstory just because sumBODY made a goofy, baseless comparison. Then again, maybe someone really talked up the idea of being an undertaker to him, made it seem like the single most important job to be had.
>>
>>50798040

I want a battlemaid! I want a lovely silver-haired woman with vicious combat skills to defend my honor and maintain my home!
>>
>>50798052
Like Fire Emblem Myrmidon shit?

Daisho Expertise and Bushi Warlord
Brutal Slayer Bushi Stalker

Option A for Jetstream Sam
Option B for Raiden

Higher DPR or more utility.
>>
>>50798103
Isn't there a battlemaid/butler class in Gonzo 2? Is that any good?
>>
New thread
>>50798158
>>50798158
>>50798158
>>50798158
>>
>>50798003

Again, I do gestalt to enable really eclectic builds. The kind of gestalt I described- Where one class HAS to be the Vigilante, and you can do whatever you want on the other class, is for the thematics of the campaign that would be run with those rules. Vigilante is a highly-varied class, I grant, but it's not varied enough that you can do an All-Vigilante campaign and not encounter some problems. That's where the gestalt comes in. So you can be a Vigilante who also practices kungfu on the side, and dabbles in exotic medicines as well in order to enhance their physique without going through three dips and an archetype or three. Instead, you can be a Vigilante//Polymath Alchemist. Easy-peasy.
>>
File: 1481203711182.jpg (124KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1481203711182.jpg
124KB, 800x1200px
>>50797891

>tfw all I want to play is a brawny guy with immense elemental powers and not a whole lot of ways to contain it
>>
>>50798161
No, fuck off, can't we use a different thread?
>>
>>50796894
"What you just hugged...was your future self. It's time for me to end this!"
>>
>>50798059
Indeed, and will find some other work for him to sink his teeth into once I figure out some Sandpoint businesses and locals. As for being talked into gravedigging, between stories from his mother and having the Inherent Divinity tradition for his spherecasting, he's pretty sure that sort of thing is beneath him. Leave the dead to the jackals and Ammutt, he's clearly a scion of a distant crocodile god known for violence and virility!

But he'll learn to ask nicely when winter rolls back around and reminds him that going into torpor sucks
>>
>>50797148
The thing about Molthune is that it needs to be Prussian as fuck. Anybody here got a head for history? Because all I've got to work with is All Quiet on the Western Front.
>>
File: latest[2].jpg (2MB, 1771x1240px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].jpg
2MB, 1771x1240px
>>50798040
Battlemaid >>>>> Battlebutler
A least with maids they'll also relieve you of your morning stress every night.

>>50798103
pic related?
>>
>>50797148
I got some info, however its a lot to dump, so I'm going to dump it in the next thread

>>50798226
Not history, but I've got my copy of the ISWG right in front of me
>>
>>50798226
>Anybody here got a head for history? Because all I've got to work with is All Quiet on the Western Front.

Well, I know a thing or two about history! What do you need to know?

>>50798239
>pic related?

Yes, pic is absolutely related! She's everyone I want in a partner, and if you made that I'll make sure she's the happiest maid this side of the World's Edge Mountains!
>>
>>50798164
A "All same class|Player's choice" gestalt game is a niche use of the rule, but I agree that it'd be a good use of it. However, for something like vigilante|whatever, I'm sure the GM could just give everyone Dual Identity for free and call it good. I mean, the GM is willing to change the base ruleset to include gestalt, and lock in the gestalt at that. The idea of a quick homebrew isn't out of the question, and is certainly easier for character planning.

Pathfinder is an system with enough of a depth of options now, that playing any character is more or less available with Paizo, DSP, SoP, and some other 3pp like Jolly's stuff. The only reason to use gestalt is to have the power level increase as the build enabling can easier replicated by quick homebrew or just starting at a higher level. Deriding people who optimize in gestalt chargen rules is to fight against the very nature of the ruling itself.

I really enjoy these kinds of discussions. Thanks for indulging me.
>>
File: Izayoi.Sakuya.full.1535475.jpg (307KB, 826x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Izayoi.Sakuya.full.1535475.jpg
307KB, 826x1200px
>>50798269
That isn't me, but I'll probably make something like that, senpai.

>>50798239
Don't discount the possibility of grill knights.
>>
>>50798239
>A least with maids they'll also relieve you of your morning stress every night.

Anon, what are you suggesting here? You can't be insinuating a maid's duty is to clean *all* of her master's body, is it?
>>
>>50797148
Check next thread, anon has listed the rundown of Molthune
>>
>>50795737
Dragonrider from Rogue Genius Games, using the drakes from Dracomancer
>>
>>50797274
Another thing is that Incanter is HEINOUSLY frontloaded, beyond the degree that any class has right to be. You'll notice that you can sacrifice bonus feats from levels you'll NEVER REACH and get benefits at level 1.

This makes 'the 1 level incanter dip' look scummy and optimizey as fuck.

Similar deal to the 'all damage blasters take a level in Sorcerer for orc/elemental bloodlines and blood havoc.' thing.
>>
>>50797441
The point is that some people wanna use it to do things that normally wouldn't be possible, while others just wanna use it to be the biggest dude in the playground.

The 'do weird things' guys don't WANT to be left in the dust, they want to do wierd and wacky shit. So to NOT be left in the dust, they want to ensure that other people DON'T optimize heavily enough to make that happen.

Basically, there's two different camps when it comes to gestalt. Those who want to do novel things and let gestalt bring them up to normal levels, and those who want to use gestalt to go BEYOND normal levels.
>>
>>50798594
But seemingly, the SoP devs both know and encourage that. So why is it an issue?
>>
>>50798658
Uh... no?

I seem to recall that the chief dude knew and REGRETTED Incanter being as frontheavy as it is.
>>
>>50798628
Nigga, I just went on a tirade and you're still saying this? There aren't "weird or wacky" concepts that can't be pulled off with 1pp+3pp and maybe starting at a higher level, that can be pulled off in gestalt out side of the paizo-nerfed weapon styles. All that actually happens is either number inflation, or overall power level increase. The "wacky and wierd" guys need to git gud.

>>50798671
see >>50797367
That seems to suggest it's okay. I see no regret there; would you have a link of this?
>>
>>50798269
Fuck, where to start? Probably just how landed knights could integrate into Prussian military/governmental systems, or what cool or interesting bits of culture could be stolen to make a good character.
>>
>>50798718
Nigga I just got here.

And it's not about concepts, it's about mechanics. Sometimes people just want to use material that is just not effective.
>>
File: 1478653364894.jpg (15KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
1478653364894.jpg
15KB, 318x318px
>>50798795
>responding to a post at the end of a thread without reading the conversation

And using less effective mechanics is fine, just don't criticize and bully the ones who optimize with a ruling that promotes optimization.
>>
>>50798816
People are trying to make the game something they want to play in.

Just like people are bullying the turbodegenerate smut characters, people also bully the optimizers, since they don't want to be in a party with either.
>>
File: 1460414332385.png (925KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1460414332385.png
925KB, 1000x1000px
>>50797764

I want to make a virtuous Paladin-girl that thinks it's her duty and right to service the people of her village in any way possible!
>>
>>50797784
Looking very deviljho there.
>>
>>50798852
That intention is all fine and good, it's one of the downsides of these app type games. The GM has all the control of the party dynamics, and likely isn't aware of the playstyles of the players. Should we fight each other simply due to that?
>>
>>50798938
We shouldn't.

I mean I'm not one who bullies optimizers, I was just explaining the mindset.
>>
>>50799022
I understand, I've just become very frustrated at this over the last few days. It seems like they're coming out of the woodwork to push the mindset that doesn't make sense :^)
>>
>>50799084
Oh shush you.
Thread posts: 418
Thread images: 80

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.