[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tg/ think of recasting? Any anons have tips,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: TermieSquad.jpg (1MB, 2513x2263px) Image search: [Google]
TermieSquad.jpg
1MB, 2513x2263px
What does /tg/ think of recasting? Any anons have tips, recent projects, guides?
>>
>>50781459
Recasting is bad, stop trying to put GW out of business, they don't deserve such horrible treatment by the supposed customer base, how dare you!
>>
>>50781459
Its alright, though honestly I dont see the point. Unless you're playing for fun, which nobody does anymore, your army wont change very much over time, so saving up to make an army that works isnt that unreasonable.
>>
>>50781459
It's not as cheap as you think, especially starting up when you are just trying to get things going. Especially after so much trial and error of getting things figured out. Even when following the advice of an experience caster, you find your beginning molds and casts are generally failures.

Materials are not cheap. You use a lot of 2part resins, and they are only cheap when bought in mass bulk.

So if you are just wanting 5 more terminators and not willing to shell out $50 for a brand new plastic kit, then be willing to shell out $75 for shoddy soft detail recasts.

However when you get the method down and get a good assembly line going, then it becomes worth it as you can make a lot with it.

So it depends on your goals with it. A lot of recasters seek to sell their recasts to pay for more materials and make the whole effort worth their while.

Otherwise just buy chinese recasters and hope for the best.
>>
>>50782111
I'd second this. I tried recasting and it's just an added headache that proved unnecessary and more expensive than just buying the dumb mini's or just going on Ebay to buy a few bits. If you're smart enough to make a business out of it, I'd say go for it. But if you're just looking to add an extra termie or marine, you'd best just look for vendors that sell minis for cheap.

If you're looking for bits to chop up and go all "Doctor Mengele" on, (in case you're a dummy like I am, and didn't realize it before) you can just buy shoddy paintjob minis for cheap off of ebay.
>>
recasting is an essential part of the hobby.

Cloning special weapons or specific parts is necessary, especially if you are using second hand models. Recasting is also great if you do a lot of kitbashing, and the amount of bitz you get these days it is a reasonable thing to do.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.