[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've been working on a Pokemon system for my group since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1466378687871.png (861KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466378687871.png
861KB, 800x600px
So I've been working on a Pokemon system for my group since the two options I have found out there are either too slow and clunky or seem too light for my tastes.

I am starting to consider the role of the trainer in the game and I like the flexibility PTU and customization offers, but I wanted to get /tg/'s opinion on Classes vs Skill trees. Which would you prefer in a pokemon game, trainer classes either loose like PTU or rigid like D&D, or Skill trees, where you can grab any ability you like, so long as you have the previous abilities and any other pre-reqs?
>>
File: 1430285766824.jpg (929KB, 1565x1730px) Image search: [Google]
1430285766824.jpg
929KB, 1565x1730px
>>50776747
bump
>>
>>50776747
If you're really looking for advice on a Pokemon RPG I would honestly go to >>>/vp/ as Pokemon is a subject that is mostly ignored on this bored save for a thread every once in a while that manages to gain traction
>good luck anon
>>
>>50776747
>Which would you prefer in a pokemon game, trainer classes either loose like PTU or rigid like D&D, or Skill trees, where you can grab any ability you like, so long as you have the previous abilities and any other pre-reqs?
In a vacuum, there is no real difference.
But as a rule of thumb: If it's like D&D, it probably isn't good.
>>
>>50776747
I'm actually working on a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon TRPG right now. I've pretty much got all the mechanics worked out, just need to sit down and explain how combat works.
>>
>>50782330
Did you convert the video game mechanics into a written format?
>>
>>50782371
Yeah. I used Blade of The Iron Throne's RPG as the basis for the system, then created a system to convert Pokémon Base Stats to the system's Attributes, and found a way to convert Moves to mimic Weapon Stats, then replaced the wounds system with HP(yeah I know, I would've kept wounds too, but Pokémon)
>>
>>50782518
I was expecting you to either try and adapt an absolutely unfitting RPG or turn the actual mechanics of the video game into the rules of your tabletop RPG.

You have exceeded my expectations by somehow picking the worst of both worlds.
>>
>>50782610
Most people do. I originally found Blade of the Iron Thrones while looking for a decent system to hack into a Dark Souls RPG. Halfway through reading the system I realized that the entire system was incredibly suited to a Pokémon RPG. The only problems I can see with it so far is that it's a d12 dicepool system, and the math is geared towards that. (Of course, being able to roll that many d12 in the first place feels amazing so I can hardly call it a drawback)
>>
>>50776747
That's a poorly planned wall. Mosdt of the Mexican ones have Super effective moves to the wall
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.