[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General: WOTC can't into creativity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 50

File: TreacheryOrOathbreaker.jpg (27KB, 250x354px) Image search: [Google]
TreacheryOrOathbreaker.jpg
27KB, 250x354px
>Latest News
Paladin UA is out! http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/paladin-sacred-oaths/
Be sure to fill out the survey on last week's Monks
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/a6ca24df7196

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.gg/0rRMo7j6WJoQmZ1b

Last thread: >>50768828

In what new and exciting ways are you going to torture your DM?
>>
>oath of treachery is literally terrorblade from dota
>>
ur gay
>>
File: Why don't you come closer.jpg (44KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Why don't you come closer.jpg
44KB, 600x450px
That OTHER OP fucked up his general, so this is the real general.
I really didn't expect TWO evil paladins in this UA.
>>
File: 1481160258569.gif (1020KB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
1481160258569.gif
1020KB, 400x229px
>namefag thread
>>
>>50773604
>newsflash: the last three threads were made by me because no one else would
you can go back to hackworld though
>>
>>50773581
On the second though, OP of this thread is a namefag, so he's even worse.
>>
Is Way of the Long Death Monk any good?
>>
>>50773581
Yeah, I figured the UA was for shit we didn't already have. Was expecting archerdin and arcanadin instead, since we have most everything else.
>>
>>50773504
>>50773504

Y'all need to get out of this thread which was made second, posted second and is a namefag masturbating to themselves
>>
>>50773628
No trip on the namefag though, so it's not like he is trying to be THAT special. I never noticed him before so it's probably fine.
>>
>>50773641
>being this mad that you can't even make threads right

im sorry for your hidrocephalia
>>
>>50773581
We already have paladin-classic, paladin-good, and paladin-anti-evil, as well as DMG paladin-evil. Then SCAG gave us paladin-law.

Now we see paladin-law and paladin-chaos, and they're both evil. It's unbelievable.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d20)

Rolling for dominance.
>>
File: Time To End It.jpg (29KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
Time To End It.jpg
29KB, 500x339px
>>thread wars
>>
>>50773712
>>50773724
THIS IS THE VICTOR

ROLL FOR MAGICAL ITEMS
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

How long until we get our own containment board?

>>50773740
rollin
>>
>>50773695
Why do people think Conquest has to be evil? Only SOME Conquest Paladins are Hell Knights.

A Conquest Paladin could conquer an evil plagued land and rule it, making laws that punish evil behavior. Sure the oath tends to evil, but it doesn't have to be.
>>
File: Too Hipster To Function.jpg (19KB, 300x430px) Image search: [Google]
Too Hipster To Function.jpg
19KB, 300x430px
I guess we're stuck here then
>>
Rolled 39 (1d100)

>>50773740
>>
>>50773766
Look at the way the oath is worded. If it doesn't scream "LAWFUL EVIL" at you, there's something wrong with you.
>>
File: Green Dragon.jpg (7MB, 1200x5568px) Image search: [Google]
Green Dragon.jpg
7MB, 1200x5568px
I don't care about thread wars and I forgot about the new UA, so I deleted my thread (which people should always do when there is more than one thread)
>>
>>50773800
Could be a Dredd styled LN or, depending on how flexible morality is in your system, a Sherman styled character who wants to be LG but also stop bloodshed.
>>
>>50773766
>Why do people think Conquest has to be evil?
Because Forgotten Realms operates on objective morality and the specifics of the Conquest Paladin's Oath are Evil.
>sow fear x2
>show no mercy x4
Somehow I doubt that the non-Evil method of sticking to this Oath's second part (tolerate no dissent in your kingdom) would actually fulfill the Oath (oh you said a bad thing about Emperor Facestomper, our jack-booted thugs will be along shortly to collect your family and their belongings and put you on the first wagon out of our territory; you are hereby banished and ordered never to return under penalty of us carrying you to the border again).
>>
>>50773800
But that's what I'm saying, it fits more for lawful evil, but could just as well be played as a good or neutral character.
>>
>>50773840
>>50773827
LN Conquest paladin is called Crown Paladin.
>>
File: 12.jpg (23KB, 249x166px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
23KB, 249x166px
>>50773818
>2% Human Ate Dragon
>>
>>50773855
>Implying every oath has one alignment and vice-versa
>>
>>50773818

Who does these comics? They look like the same person who did the adventure guides for the various classic adventures which were highly entertaining.
>>
>>50773855
Conquest is a ruler, Crown is someone who does what the ruler says.
>>
Do I need 16 in dex and wisdom to play a monk?
Or would a race outside of Human, Wood Elf, Half Elf, Aarakocra and Kenku be fine?
>>
>>50773840
Explain what you think Evil (and Good) means, first
>>
>>50773887

You definitely want a 16 in one of those stats if you're going straight monk and not doing an edge build like grappler or armor monk.
>>
File: Expedition to the Barrier Peaks.jpg (4MB, 1500x2883px) Image search: [Google]
Expedition to the Barrier Peaks.jpg
4MB, 1500x2883px
>>50773877
>Who does these comics?
pic

>They look like the same person who did the adventure guides for the various classic adventures which were highly entertaining.
Yes, it's the same artist
>>
>>50773837
>you are hereby banished and ordered never to return under penalty of us carrying you to the border again
I love this. Sounds like a Monty Python sketch.
>>
>>50773910
You know the guys who wear black clothes, as opposed to the guys who wear white clothes.
>>
>>50773910
Is crushing the hopes and dreams of an evil character an evil act? If so how evil does said character have to be before it stops being an evil act?
>>
File: Akshually.jpg (616KB, 1000x647px) Image search: [Google]
Akshually.jpg
616KB, 1000x647px
>>50773930
>>
>>50773887
You could be a Mountain Dwarf with 10/15/16/10/15/8 at first level and +1 Dex and Wis with your ASI, but that's three levels of playing with just 14 AC unless you use medium armor and a battleaxe and pretend you're not a Monk
>>
File: 1482118790953.jpg (280KB, 1920x1093px) Image search: [Google]
1482118790953.jpg
280KB, 1920x1093px
A were-rat has escaped and my players/party need to track him down. They are primarily a group of rangers/druids/etc so there isn't much of a challenge here really if I keep things honest. A thread or two back I asked for help on how to work this in to something more than just a toss of the dice. I got some good suggestions and below is what I have put together.

I'd appreciate it if you all would take a look and make suggestions.

Actually it is a bit big for one post soooo, I'll post after this.
>>
File: Ranger_Hero-e1399922453137.png (1MB, 980x684px) Image search: [Google]
Ranger_Hero-e1399922453137.png
1MB, 980x684px
>>50773975
Catch the Rat mini game

Tracking him down is an assumed success in general as the party is a bunch of Druids, Rangers, a Barbarian, and Wood Elves. The challenge is can they track him down before he gets to his warren.

Party has a chance to stumble upon his trail prior to returning to the village, check 20 tracking and perception. Otherwise trail begins at the village when they learn of his escape.

Player cannot make the same check type/skill twice
Player cannot make two checks in a row

[Party Begins tracking him, checks are 15]
A: Tracking Check (He passes over hard to track terrain)
B: Insight check (after following his trail for a short while guess where he is going, find a shortcut, he has to pass by X)
C: Perception Check (He was here, find the spot he stopped to eat at, raided rabbit warren ate one raw and killed a few for fun)
D: Acrobatics Check (He moves through rough terrain and the party needs to follow)
E: Perception Check (He was here, find the spot he stopped to drink at)
F: Nature or animal handling Check (Spot that birds have been disturbed by his passing, some are silent others are warning, he passed through here recently)

G: Insight Check (Read his tracks - He is aware he is being hunted now, success=reduce check to 10 for next three checks)
H: Tracking Check (He lays a false trail)
I: Perception Check (He lays a trap to delay them, expedient caltrops-thorns)
J: Tracking Check (He doubles back on his trail

[Party needs to tuff it out for the sprint at the end]
K: Athletics Check (Party gets tired, helps others)
L: Persuasion Check (Party gets Tired, Inspire them to keep moving)

Fail on A-F and move ratman one square forward
Pass on A-F and move party one square forward

Pass on G-J no effect
Fail on H,I,J and move party back one square

Pass on K,L and move party forward one
Fail on K,L no effect

Did the party catch him?
>>
>>50773910
Evil is selfish; good is selfless. Most people are on a spectrum between these extremes.
In fact, most people are neutral.
>>
>>50773910
Look it up yourself.

A Conquerer could destroy evil forces, destroy their hope of ever winning against the good, rule with a Iron Fist to keep your lands and people save while never allowing evil to emerge again. He would sentence murderers to death while bringing peace to the good.

Now tell me where is this evil? It fulfills all tenets.
>>
>>50773975
Skill challenge? X successes, 3 failures, each person can only use skills they're proficient in, can only test each skill once per person.
>>
>>50773928
>pic

I don't get it
>>
>>50774009
The parts where:
>showing no mercy to Evil is Evil
>destroying hope is Evil
>forcing everyone to do what you say OR ELSE is Evil
and the implied >>50773999
>valuing your own power and ability to rule above all else is Evil
>>
>>50774022
There is an artist name in the picture.
>>
>>50774017
Kind of what I came up with, take a look and see if any other skills/checks stand out as good addons.

>>50773992
>>
>>50774022
The artist's name and Twitter handle are in the bottom left.
>>
File: safegqegvafsa.jpg (48KB, 334x261px) Image search: [Google]
safegqegvafsa.jpg
48KB, 334x261px
>>50774022
>>
>>50774043
>>50774052
>>50774059
I know who fucking did it, but I don't get it.

What is >>50773928 pic
>>
Treachery is ridiculously overpowered. Like how could they think this is alright?

That being said, the features are mechanically interesting, but they need to be toned down a bit.
>>
>>50774009
Anon, blowing up an orphanage because it'll kill the lich inside isn't non-evil just because you're only doing it to stop the lich from melting everyone in the kingdom and raising them as an undead army
There is no "greater good"
>>
>>50774062
Expedition to the barrier peaks, a module for AD&D, where the adventures fo inside an alien spaceship
>>
>>50774088
If they were dead anyway, then killing them and the lich is a good thing

It's not lawful
>>
File: barrierpeaksweapons.png (204KB, 737x804px) Image search: [Google]
barrierpeaksweapons.png
204KB, 737x804px
>>50774062
It is an illustration of an AD&D party's trip through an old adventure module, the Expedition to the Barrier Peaks (which is a crashed spaceship full of dead spacemen and their technology + radioactive plants)
>>
I was really looking forward to this UA as I'm playing a paladin

Was expecting an "oath of light" kinda thing with a focus on healing/undead slaying, was expecting an Oath of Arcana/Silence as a arcane paladin/a magebreaker templar thing, was expecting some sort of ranged paladin

Instead we get oath of edge 1 and oath of edge 2, both worse than the OG oath of edge, mr oathbreaker
>>
File: babyarmor.jpg (130KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
babyarmor.jpg
130KB, 612x612px
>>50774099
The orphanage is full of currently living children
The lich is just in there to complete his ritual to kill everyone because he knows the good guys won't actually blow up the orphanage to stop him, because that's evil
That's what makes it a challenge for the good guys
>>
>>50774040
>showing no mercy to Evil is Evil
>destroying hope is Evil
If you think this makes you evil you're retarded. Then every Vengeance Paladin would also be evil. Also only destroying hope for murdering innocents is not evil.

>valuing your own power and ability to rule above all else is Evil
Where is this ever implied? You can think that you can bring peace to these lands by ruling them "until a stronger one arises". There are many lands that would fall into ruin unless someone rules them who knows what's best for the people, most people don't know what's best for them.

You can play a Conquest Paladin just as selfless as all the others. "If I don't rule and show these people the way to peace, no one will."
>>
>>50774108
>Oath of Arcana
What could this Oath's tenets be?
>>
Thief-acrobat subclass for 5e, when?! Does anyone here know about a homebrew of it?
>>
>>50774127
>Then every Vengeance Paladin would also be evil
That's why Paladins don't have alignment restrictions anymore you goof
>>
>>50774102
Now how the heck does that shoulder thing work?
>>
>>50774120
The point of Good is to try

Paladin's choice is bullshit. Either you kill the kids or you let the kids be killed, that's not a choice.

So as long as you try to save them, then if that becomes impossible you try to save as many as you can, then when that becomes impossible you destroy the thing that caused the situation.

As long as you don't give up and accept the circumstances whilst there's still hope, then you are good and doing good works.
>>
File: yesand2.jpg (3KB, 114x113px) Image search: [Google]
yesand2.jpg
3KB, 114x113px
>>50774127
>every Vengeance Paladin would also be evil
I mean, it explicitly says right there:
>Faced with a choice of fighting my sworn foes or combating a lesser evil, I choose the
greater evil
Granted, most Paladins are not extremely knowledgeable about planar metaphysics and don't know that being a douche IS the greater evil, so their ignorance protects them from that and the separation of Paladins from Gods and the removal of their alignment requirements really shaved a lot of the oomph off there.
>>
>>50774144
What are you even saying anymore? Vengeance tenets would make you automatically evil if you would rule it like you did here >>50774040 . You say that not showing mercy to evil makes you evil, but that is just fucking false. Only the devotion paladin can't to that.

I'M the one saying that conquest or even vengeance can be any alignment.
>>
>>50774040
>he thinks Evil is actually evil
>>
File: barrierblasters.png (168KB, 763x956px) Image search: [Google]
barrierblasters.png
168KB, 763x956px
>>50774148
Press thumb button to explode assholes.
>>
Rolled 19 (1d20)

Can I roll on my phone? Testing.
>>
>>50774171
Its not that you ignore the lesser evil, its that you work your way down. The dread lich is worse than the corrupt tax collector, that doesn't mean you won't get to him eventually.
>>
>>50774139
>protect ancient arcane knowledge/power from the hands of chaos/evil

Alternatively

>seek and destroy powerful Arcane things, because they're like evil dude

Or

>protect the commonfolk against magic/ magical creatures which they have no defense against

Channel div could be like a concentration breaker and maybe a small counterspell or something, aura could be making all weapons within 10ft of them overcome magical resistance or something
>>
>>50774187
Alignment still exists in 5E and is unchanged from past editions
Vengeance Paladins can do things that would make past Paladins fall because the rules for "being a Paladin" changed from "don't do anything Evil" to "don't do anything that goes against this list"

I'm loathe to suggest anyone read BoVD/BoED, the first few pages of each of those will lay out how Good/Evil works in a setting like Forgotten Realms in a more or less decent manner without having to take you through the whole text of 20 years of older manuals

If you don't understand alignment rules, you're free to simply not use them; 5E makes it easier than in any other edition. But that doesn't mean they aren't codified for those that do want to use and understand them
>>
>>50774221
>make weird-ass non-ergonomic designs to players have to roll to figure them out and risk dying
genius
>>
>>50774231
Paladins weren't supposed to team up with necromancers and their zombie companions because "killing this Demon Lord is more important right now than chopping this necromancer's head off and ending his mockery of life". That's an example of "working your way down" to the lesser evil, and only now is it allowed to fly in 5E for Vengeance Paladins.
>>
>>50774356
>B-but you don't know what alignment is
Holy shit, just tell me how could a Venceance Paladin ever by good in your opinion if one of its tenets is "No Merey for the Wicked. Ordinary foes might win my mercy, but my sworn enemies do not".

How is killing the red Dragon who enslaves a whole Kingdom and his kobolt minions considered evil? You know what? It isn't. It never was and it never will be.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2013-09-28-23h32m17s80.png (179KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2013-09-28-23h32m17s80.png
179KB, 768x576px
Let's say I'm a powerful wizard with ambiguous morality who wishes to conquer the world. I have at my disposal the ability to create a unique humanoid race to fill the ranks of my armies. Naturally, this hypothetical race will be superior to all the natural-born PC races, and will contain the useful attributes of those races. Mechanically, this will be OP as fuck, and will not make for fair and balanced play on the table, but it could be an irritating advesary for any party. But maybe, for once, the elves won't feel like such hot shit in comparison. What would this race look like? What features would it have? What would you call it? Consider this the logical result of designer genetics where survival and martial prowess are the end goal.
>>
>>50773975
First you must ask yourself, do you really want there to be a possibility of failure? Do you want them to get stuck because they didn't solve the problem your way, especially if the PCs have magic and other abilities that should let them track an enemy automatically?

Personally, if I were a wererat running from adventurers, I'd hide in plain sight. Go into a city, establish a human identity and get some people to vouch for me, and get whatever local watchmen or militia involved if the adventurers try to start shit.

>>50774017
Nobody liked skill challenges in 4e and they won't like them today.
>>
>>50774444
Showing mercy is a Good act
You're supposed to try and redeem Evil, not just stab it in the throat when it's lying there at your mercy because it's easy or you're afraid of getting betrayed later
That's why true Good is hard
>>
>>50774494
Yeah you're right. But it still doesn't make you evil. It is just a different kind of good.

If killing objectively evil creatures was evil, then there would be almost no good adventurers.
>>
>>50774486

So are you making a race with no limitations on what it can get? As many stat increases and racial bonuses as can be squeezed in there? Because taht will be boring and OP and easy to make.
>>
Honestly, I can easily see an Oath of Conquest Paladin fitting right into the Harmonium from Planescape or the Hellknights from Pathfinder. Definitely not good from an outsider's perspective, but certainly capable of believing that what they do is "for the greater good".
>>
>>50773509
Am I supposed to feel like Treachery Paladins have nothing explicitly evil about them? Charm Person and Dominate Person were the only things I think I'd avoid.
>>
>>50774526
Killing objectively Evil creatures isn't Evil
Killing a pile of Always-for-the-sake-of-generalizations-but-not-elementally-Evil orc babies, for instance, is Evil
Killing demons is not Evil
And either way, if you can kill them in a way that isn't Evil (walk up to their face, announce your intent to stop them, and immediately sword them through the brain when they begin to fight) and prevents them from asking for mercy because they're dead already, hey, no problems here

You also have to remember that Good PCs can do Evil things all the time
Alignments are an average
It's more Evil if you do something Evil while super Good, but you can still do enough Good things to keep being Good
>>
>>50774547
Considering their poisons kill instead of debilitating, yes.
>>
>>50774619
was for >>50774585, oops. Fuck you, I'm not deleting and reposting.
>>
>>50774547
Enough to be annoying, I'd say. Think of this as a mental exorcise. Instead of just taking everything good from the phb, take some of the good things. At most 3 asi's would be good.
>>
>>50774596
I totally agree with you now. But this still doesn't make a Conquest Paladin evil.

Like I said he has some things that make him tend towards evil, but he can just be as selfless as the other oaths and do what he does for the greater good.
>>
>>50774486
There are as many answers to that question as there are humanoid races, each one of which is the product of a god (considerably stronger than most wizards) creating his or her idea of a perfect life form. A few other species are usually said to be the product of mortal spellcasters dicking around with nature, and the results are as varied as the chuul, the achaierai, and the owlbear.

There's no such thing as a perfect design. Whether it's the product of artifice or evolution, the value of every design is relative to the environment where it will be used. If you take every feature that works in one application and mash them all together, you'll get an unfocused mess that can't compete with specialists or with more efficient generalists.
>>
>>50773968
Dude can you shut up about your goddamn character. For months you keep posting about it.
>>
>>50774378
I know, especially the ayylmao gun in >>50774102 looks like it's purposefully designed to shoot you in the face if you hold it the "normal" way (pointy antenna assumed to be where the laser originates).
>>
>>50774655
"Cowing innocents" and "bringing despair" (eliminating hope) are Evil, though
That's #1 and #2 for Conquest, even the non-Hellknights
>>
>>50774660
I'm not playing that. You must be confused.
>>
>>50774660
>>50774711
It might be a different Anon. "Playing one character class pretending to be another" is a practice common to a lot of bad players.
>>
>>50774699
Is all hope necessarily good? Ambition is another form of hope, and is more than capable of evil. Convincing an invading horde that they have no chance of victory or of attaining their goals can be construed as eliminating hope.
>>
>>50774734
>he has never experienced the subtle joys of the Fighter Rogue
>>
>>50774699
>"Cowing innocents" and "bringing despair"
But that isn't implied by destroying hope at all. If you destroy the hope lets the the evil red dragon that is, again, not evil if the dragon hopes to rule over all mortals and wants to use them for his own benefit.

All the tenets can be interpreted in multiple ways.
>>
>>50774754
If you convince them they can't win, that they should turn around and go home, no, that's fine
If you convince them they can't win, that they should turn around and go home, and that they should never try again because you will effortlessly lay waste to their legions and there is absolutely no circumstance where their evil designs will ever progress even the slightest bit, and that they should spend the rest of their miserable lives in their dank holes hoping to stay beneath the notice of your all-consuming wrath, then yes, that's despair and that's Evil
The last one is also what Conquest wants to do
I'm not sure how anyone reads that class and thinks "oh he's just a bit of a hardass but he's not unreasonable"
>>
>>50773992
I still think that skill chalanges are kinda lame.
>>
>>50774821
and where in
>It is not enough to merely defeat an enemy in battle. Your victory must be so overwhelming that your enemies’ will to fight is shattered forever. A blade can end a life. Fear can end an empire.
did you get the miserable lives in dank holes, all-consuming wrath, etc? All it says is that you should break their will to fight through fear.

You're extrapolating far beyond the listed description of the class as to what you think the tenets mean. Both the example you consider fine and the one that you consider evil are viable.
>>
>>50774821
>If you convince them they can't win, that they should turn around and go home, and that they should never try again because you will effortlessly lay waste to their legions and there is absolutely no circumstance where their evil designs will ever progress even the slightest bit, and that they should spend the rest of their miserable lives in their dank holes hoping to stay beneath the notice of your all-consuming wrath, then yes, that's despair and that's Evil

>implying doing this to absolutely terrible people is Evil
>implying Evil shouldn't have punishment if they simply ask for mercy at the end
>implying you can even trust Evil to never be Evil again after you defeat them
>>
>>50774786
>Whoville is throwing a party for having successfully killed the Grinch and saved Christmas
>Ancients Paladin rolls up and sets the whole town on fire
What the fuck, Paladin, you just broke your oath
>nah, I was performing an act of forgiveness for the misunderstood Grinch
>and mercy for the loggers and quarriers and masons and construction workers who will have to rebuild the town
>I'm delighting in the laughter of the burning peasants and singing out a joyous song as I roast their bodies
>and kindling the light of hope in the hearts of the Cult of the Eternal Flame, who live in despair after all the other adventurers keep beating them up
>just interpreting my tenets in multiple ways bro
>>
File: 1400640520610.png (293KB, 674x632px) Image search: [Google]
1400640520610.png
293KB, 674x632px
>Conquest paladin Tenets.
>flashback to "It's what my character would do!" echo chamber
What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>50774879
>where did you get the miserable lives in dank holes, all-consuming wrath, etc
From the
>not merely enough to defeat an enemy in battle. Your victory must be so OVERWHELMING that your enemies' will to fight is shattered FOREVER. [...] Fear can end an empire
part
>>
>Oath of Treachery is literally the best Paladin Oath

This is the best. This is everything I want in a Paladin oath. Fuck.
>>
>>50774890
>implying doing this to absolutely terrible people is Evil
It is
>implying Evil shouldn't have punishment if they simply ask for mercy at the end
You spare their life and take them to the authorities so they can judge and mete out proper justice for the villain's crimes, you don't execute them on the spot because you think they're enough of a tosser to deserve it
>implying you can even trust Evil to never be Evil again after you defeat them
You can't, and that's why Good is hard
>>
>>50774919
>This is everything I want in a Paladin oath
A... complete lack of tenets or an oath to begin with?
>>
>>50774486
They'd be warforged.

While perhaps not of great importance to a party member much like +3 to all stats would be, what's much more important is tirelessness and obedience. As such, you could still play a rogue member of such a race and be fair and balanced.
>>
>>50774937
>take them to the authorities so they can judge and mete out proper justice
Laughable. You are JUSTICE INCARNATE. Are you gonna take Liv'Echil the Souldrinker to the local town's jail?
>>
>>50774945
Clever and Deceitful gish?
>>
>>50774916
An overwhelming victory that forever cows an enemy into submission doesn't have anything to do with
>and that they should spend the rest of their miserable lives in their dank holes hoping to stay beneath the notice of your all-consuming wrath
that's still you coming up with your own flavor and motivations ascribing it to an entire class.

"If you ever defy the laws of (insert deity or king) I will crush you as effortlessly as I did this time with my all-consuming wrath"
can meet the description of a conquest pally without you drizzling your interpretation of it onto the entire class.
>>
>>50774937
>You spare their life and take them to the authorities so they can judge and mete out proper justice for the villain's crimes, you don't execute them on the spot because you think they're enough of a tosser to deserve it
In many settings, Paladins ARE the authorities, second to their god.
>>
>>50774969
>we despair that we will never throw off the yolk of this paladin's oppression because our will to fight has been utterly crushed forever
>>
>>50774945
Fun and interesting mechanics.

I don't give a shit about the fluff of the oath, none of the games I play in use the default setting or default fluff most of the time.
>>
>>50774988
>we must accept that we will never be able to rule these plains once more because this paladin demonstrated that any attempt would be easily and overwhelmingly rebuffed
Again, please stop trying to argue that the entire oath is unambiguously evil because of the way you in particular think everyone will play it.
>>
>>50774937
>>50774965
>>50774969
>>50774983
>>50774988
>>50775011

Funnily enough nobody has mentioned this part.

>A paladin who takes this oath has the tenets of conquest seared on the upper arm. A hell knight’s oath appears in Infernal runes, a brutal reminder of vows to the Lords of Hell.
>>
>>50774821
Do good characters really worry about whether they're being too discouraging to their evil foes? I just can't imagine a good character ever saying to a defeated enemy, "Good job with that evil scheme! It didn't work out for you this time, but please try again, okay? My friends and I aren't invincible, and with enough hard work and determination you can kill us all!"

No, breaking someone psychologically is a more merciful alternative to killing them. It's an expression of good's respect for life combined with its desire to prevent evil acts. They don't have to die if you only kill their ambition.
>>
Would a monastery of Long Death ever spare a subject that they brought in with the intention of killing/watching die? For instance, if they brought someone in on the brink of death, then they miraculously got better.
>>
>>50775051
Yes, the UA says many of the paladins of the oath of conquest serve the powers of the Nine Hells or archdevils. But others serve "gods or philosophies of war and well-ordered might," and it would be a little off to say that all Conquest Paladins are hell knights or evil by definition.
>>
>>50774487
I see your point.

The starting point of the chase is a wood elf village, the rat is trying to get to the human city (or a warren opening near it that would take him inside).

There is no chance of failure on the tracking in this. The question for each check is 'were they slowed down'. At no point is there a result of 'and you guys got no way of knowing which way he went, you lost him'.

If they 'win' they catch him before he enters the warren. If they 'lose' he makes it to the city and we will see what the party does from there.

I don't even know if they will chase him down, though I strongly believe they will. For the record, there is no great plot reason to catch him and the plot line he is attached to is just a side quest sort of thing at that. But the party (one of the party anyhow) really wants to bring this guy in.

The point of this mini-game is that I didn't want there to be a skill check to see if they track him and that is it, because there is no reasonable way in my opinion that they would not be able to. I also didn't want to just say 'you caught him' or 'he got away'. I'd like it a bit more involved. Make it part of the game session. They are an outdoor focused party, this is an outdoor sort of thing, I think it should have a bit more umph to it than not.

Of course, if the party can come up with some other way to do this (or just something else to do) that is fine as well. Heck, it doesn't even lead to his capture - it is just them catching up to him. They will have to RP or combat that question when the time comes however they decide to resolve it.

>>50774859
I don't see this as a skill challenge in the 'ok, give me checks and you need X success'. But rather this will be part of a running narrative of the chase with the checks happening and being resolved during that narrative.

I think that is better than just 'someone make a tracking check' and 'ok, you catch him'.
>>
File: seagullpaladin.jpg (162KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
seagullpaladin.jpg
162KB, 760x596px
>>50774965
>Are you gonna take Liv'Echil the Souldrinker to the local town's jail?
Don't be silly, the local town doesn't even have a permanent judge and the Souldrinker wasn't stupid enough to harm peasants so near to his own lair, that'd just draw suspicion on that location. Don't shit where you eat, man.

We take him to the nearest city that has been wronged by his evils and order him to stand trial so that all of his victims and their families may have the Souldrinker answer for his crimes and meet a true and just punishment.

You thinking killing a fucking lich is punishment? Nigga, he was already dead. His soul's just gonna go to Hell. For all you know, he made a special deal with Hell to become a lich in the first place. They're gonna throw a party when he shows up and plot their revenge.

Naw, once he's sentenced to re-death, we're gonna send an envoy to the capital city and request the services of the state religion's most powerful exorcists and priests to head down and perform a mighty ritual that will steal his soul back from the Hells and imprison it for 12,000 years in Empyrea, City of Tempered Souls on the plane of Mertion, Celestia so it can serve some fucking time for its crimes.

THAT'S how you Paladin, my nigga.
>>
>>50775051
I'm pretty sure the latter part is just the case for Hellknights, not all Conquest Paladins
>>
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/

Added spells and buttons for sorting on each of the other pages.
>>
>>50775063
Good characters aren't Conquest Paladins who care about their enemies' wills, nor are they necessarily particularly well-versed in how hope and despair relate to alignment or actions
Everyone has to play by the rules (and Paladins have more) but they don't necessarily have to know them
>>
OK, I think I got this Conquest Paladin figured out. If you want to have a fun time playing Conquest without going all
>but muh interprttastion
Alright, this is what you gotta do.
The DM and the Player should talk, and agree if they want the tenets to go against the Geneva convention and other usual war rules. So you can have a more JUSTICE interpretation in your table when you want it, or perhaps you both agree that you should focus on scorched earth tactics all the time.
>>
>>50775063
We should make an SJW version of the Paladin. Oath of Tolerance?
>>
Holy shit what a bad UA. Lets make two more evil palladins! Yay! Unless you are running several evil campagns when will you need 4 diferent variants of evil pallas?
>>
>>50775148
>>50775112
I'm not saying that makes all Conquest paladins evil, I'm just saying that it is funny nobody mentioned that yet because it "sounds so evil"

>>50775130
Sure.
Or you could break his spirit and leave him to rot in soul-crushing despair in his tomb FOREVER. Because he DESERVES it, for trying to break the Laws of Good.
>>
>>50775195
Even easier:
>don't play in Forgotten Realms or another setting with objective morality
>or care about alignment and whether your character is Evil or just a jerk
Pick one, Conquest Paladins solved
>>
Hey guys I am making a Palla 2 Favored Soul Sorc X and I am deciding what domain to get. What shuld I go? Life seems good but I am tempted to go Light and take 1 level Undying light warlock so I get that sweet +cha dmg on all fire spells. Then I can get good value of Quicken GFB aswell.
>>
>>50775215
>I disapprove of your racially-motivated bigotry in trying to exterminate all elves, but I respect your opinions no matter how vile and accept that you have just as much right to life as the faerie-spawn of a transgendered Gox (corellon larethian's preferred noun)
>>
>>50775215
>nobody ever progresses from level 3 because the Oath leads them to getting themselves killed
>>
File: 1363920914821.jpg (73KB, 746x514px) Image search: [Google]
1363920914821.jpg
73KB, 746x514px
>>50775185
>Easy spells, including EE ones
The wait is over.
>>
>>50775126
If it's a long-distance race overland to the same destination, here's how you handle it. the things that might slow the PCs down are using Stealth, Perception, or Investigation as they travel (which halves their overland speed unless someone has an ability that says otherwise,) being distracted by other encounters, and taking rests. I'm assuming the party includes a ranger or someone else who can travel at full speed while also searching for tracks, so that's a given. Tempt them with other sidequests, threaten to bog them down with random wilderness encounters that they should really be running from rather than fighting, and force them to decide whether they're going to keep a regular sleep schedule or undergo a forced march that may leave them weakened for the final confrontation.

Boom, tension and meaningful choices created, but no dead ends and no skill challenges required.
>>
>>50775185
Succubi still have ballbusting actions.
>>
>>50775259
>he thinks you can kill Paladins
bruv, it's pretty obvious no one playtested Paladins or Bards
>>
>>50775220
>4
Where are you getting 4?
>>
>>50775311
Conquest
Treachery
Oathbreaker
Ancients
>>
>>50775185
dude, what the fuck?
you shouldn't post cool stuff to /5eg/
>>
Assassin rogue with treachey paladin multiclass sounds a bit crazy
>>
>>50775325
>ancients
>evil
Son i will merk u
>>
>>50775325
>Ancients
>evil
nigga what
>>
>>50775311
Vengence is Soft evil that is made to fit with good group but still evil
>>
>>50775215
Give them Sanctuary and Calm Emotions and a couple of protection spells so they don't have to fight their opponents.
>>
>>50775222
I think it's because the question being argued isn't that "some Conquest paladins are evil".
I think it's obvious there are.
But, based on the reading of the vows, it's possible you may be able to do a non-Evil one.
>>
>>50775273
So I should set up things like 'bad guy uses stealth and you need to track him' or 'perception check to see if you catch X' or other such events to see if they are slowed down or not?
>>
>>50775383
>Vengeance is Evil meme
when will this die

>>50775360
>not wanting to get the 20th level capstone that makes you as close to fucking unkillable as possible in 5e

invisible + getting hit means your opponent will do fuck all on his next action +80 bonus damage on your first hit
>>
>>50775386
>Starting from 7th level, you emanate an aura of philosophical safety, a safe space, which provides you the following benefits:
>>
>>50775426
Why am I not surprised that someone who thinks level 20 is an achievable goal is also a namefag and dumb enough to believe Vengeance isn't evil?
>>
>>50775215
Sounds good, after all if you kill your enemies they win
>>
>>50775215
>oath of tolerance
Communism: If you have grounds that a person is in any way naturally superior (i.e. they are male, they are cis-gendered, they are born into a rich family, they are white, they are human or they support any of the aforementioned categories in any way) then you hold absolutely no obligations to help this person, even if it is within the tenants of your oath. Be sure to remind them how they're oppressing the minorities.
Listen and Believe: No matter how batshit insane something is, you must believe and respect everything, unless it is problematic for you.
Be the Voice: You must ensure that everybody hears of the oppression of the downtrodden and the minorities.
Have Courage, Have Faith: You are not wrong. They are wrong.

Level 3 Channel Divinities:
Megaphone - You hold up your holy symbol. A loud, thunderous and disorientating sound emanates out and preaches love and tolerance (except for those you do not with to love and tolerate), and all creatures within 120ft of you must make an int save. On a failed save, they fail to understand what's being said and what's going on and cry. On a successful save, they also cry from understanding it.
Cyber Police - You hold your holy symbol and contact the rest of your order. in the next 1d4 rounds, a gaterhing of 2d6 SJW Knights (Your DM has the statistics) arrive on-scene, friendly to you (maybe your allies) provided there are suitable lodgings that could hold them nearby (First world developed areas only).
>>
>>50775453
He was looking for an SJW archetype, not a /pol/ archetype.
>>
>>50775441
>no one who disagrees with you may speak
>>
>>50773663
you forgot to take your name off, dipshit
>>
>>50775409
I bet you think Cthulhu is evil too.
>>
>>50775325
>Ancients
Yeah, nah that's bullshit

With one more you could actually do a whole Riders of the Apocalypse BBEG thing but a triumvirate of Evil paladins ain't bad either.
>>
>Kenku names are sounds relevant to what they do
What would a kenku monks sound name be? A wind chime?
>>
>>50775444
(you)
>>
>>50775447
>if you kill your enemies they win
Yes.

>kill all the evil creatures
>most hardship is eliminated, removing opportunities to be good
>total peace spreads across the land and the people lose their ability to fight
>all swords into plowshares
>everyone gets along in a peaceful utopia for 700 years UNTIL ALL THE EVIL PEOPLE YOU SENT TO HELL HAVE FINISHED REINTEGRATING INTO THEIR NEW DEMONIC FORMS, MOVED UP THE TOTEM POLE A FEW RANKS, AND THE ARMIES OF FIRE AND DARKNESS MARCH ON THE WORLD UNOPPOSED
Good job, idiot.
>>
>>50774140
Thief subclass already is essentially an acrobat.
>>
>>50774088
>>50774120
This is why Lawful Neutral Dredd style Vengeance paladins are objectively the best choice

Blow up the orphanage, the orphans inside were statistically more likely to commit crime anyway
>>
>>50775500
Just random combinations of martial arts shouts.
>>
>>50775479
But calling people SJWs is /pol/.

/pol/ itself as a paladin archetype would be tenants such as 'Fight the Conspiracy', 'Freedom of Thought' and all that.
>>
>>50775500
"It's hard for you to pronounce, but my name is (the sound of a a kick impacting chest)"
>>
>>50775486
shit
I guess us goblins aren't really that smart after all
>>
>>50775480
Just give them Silence.

Also Hold Person to non-violently incapacitate foes and Warding Bond so they can be bleeding hearts.
>>
>>50775479
>sjw
>/pol/
Same shit.
>>
>>50775519
You realize /pol/ is so far to one side of the spectrum they've looped back around and wound up right in SJW territory with the fuckers they hate? They act exactly alike, they just bitch about slightly different things.
>>
>>50775185
How do I make an offline version? Because this is beautiful
>>
>>50775524
Party bonuses if the number of unique races in the party is equal to at least half the number of members.
Subspecies don't count, because privilege is homogenous across racial groups.
>>
>>50775550
Go to the github project page and download the html files, each of the HTML pages works individually offline.
>>
>>50775550
save page as
>>
>>50775453
>communism
Jesus fucking christ it's sad how you americans have no fucking education
I guess that's what happens when you suck the conservative dick for too long
Don't use words that are too complicated for you poor self, it's pathetic
>>
>>50775570
Fuck off commie, learn to take a joke.
>>
>>50775570
Hey man, stop aping my autistic writing style
Only I am allowed to separate individual sentences by line and ignore periods
But yes, that's the wrong definition of communism
>>
File: paladin of vengeance.jpg (88KB, 1199x839px) Image search: [Google]
paladin of vengeance.jpg
88KB, 1199x839px
>>50775516
Agreed, vengeance pallies are best, followed closely by the oaths of the crown and devotion
>>
File: same shit different buzzwords.jpg (252KB, 900x889px) Image search: [Google]
same shit different buzzwords.jpg
252KB, 900x889px
>>50775549
>>
>>50775581
>being this much of a fascist
eW91J3JlIGdvaW5nIHRvIHNheSB0aGF0J3Mgbm90IHdoYXQgZmFzY2lzbSBpcywgdGhlbiBpJ2xsIHRlbGwgeW91IGl0IHdhcyBhIGpva2UsIHRoZW4geW91J2xsIHNheSBpdCB3YXNuJ3QgZnVubnksIGFuZCB0aGVuIGknbGwgcmV2ZWFsIHRoYXQgaSd2ZSB0cmlja2VkIHlvdSBpbnRvIGhpZ2hsaWdodGluZyB3aHkgImxvbCB0aGUgd3JvbmcgZGVmaW5pdGlvbiBvZiBjb21tdW5pc20iIHdhc24ndCBhIGpva2UgZWl0aGVyIGFuZCB5b3UncmUganVzdCBkdW1i
>>
>>50775416
That kind of stuff probably won't matter as long as one of the PCs has the ability to do stuff without slowing travel pace. What really matters is A: how easily distracted they are and B: if they're willing to do a forced march to match a quarry who's doing the same. This is what will really test them, because 5e players are fucking terrified of exhaustion and wouldn't voluntarily take a level of it to save their lives.

Oh yeah, and if any of the PCs have a faster speed than the rest, either they split the party or everyone is only as fast as the slowest party member.
>>
>>50774378
>>50774697
This was old school. You did't roll int to figure it out, you described what you were doing to the DM and he told you and he told you the unique way in which you inverted your asshole.
>>
I wanna do a motorcycle chase in 5e. Are there good vehicle combat/chase rules out there?
>>
>>50775570
I wrote that and I hate how often people spew 'communist!' as essentially a name call similar to 'paedophile'. However, it fits well with ideaologies such as 'men and women should always be paid the same, regardless of conditions' and I'm not going to go so in-depth into it that we get to the point where we say 'Well, actually, that's not communism, that's Anonism and communism is actually more like this..' because I don't give a fuck when shitposting about SJW paladins.
>>
>>50775658
Have you tried not playing D&D? Of all the systems I can think of for doing motorcycle chases, D&D doesn't even make the list.
>>
>>50775658
You know it's a fantasy game right?
>>
File: 7Fip2K6.jpg (88KB, 960x925px) Image search: [Google]
7Fip2K6.jpg
88KB, 960x925px
>>50775622
see pic
>>50775658
Do standard chase rules in the DMG but with rolling to do tight turns and different RNG table?
>>
>>50775677
Yeah, we've had a lot of fun with Deadlands and not as much with SR. I still wanna do a motorcycle chase in 5e, though.
>>
>>50775570
Communism is literally cancer
>>
>>50775570
lol, >commies
>>
I really want to play some DnD but my party just doesn't meet up enough. What do?
>>
>>50775712
https://roll20.net/
>>
>>50775658
Motorcycles give you X speed
No 90 degree turns (ignore diagonals) without a Ride check or spending an extra Y movement
You may make Ride checks to increase your speed
You may target an enemy's ride to cause them make a Ride check or slow down
An enemy slowed below a certain threshold who fails a Ride check crashes
>>
>>50775692
Even assuming a Barrier Peaks situation where the PCs find motorcycles from another world in a crashed spaceship or whatever, they won't know how to operate them. It won't be a chase so much as a check to see if they can even get the ignition on, if they can figure out what these things are even for, and then how many seconds before they crash and die.
>>
>>50775737
>>50775689
You know, in order to actually make it fun, I think I'm just gonna run it as a combat where everyone is assumed to be moving forwards at max speed as long as they're on a vehicle. People driving cant attack, and I'll just keep writing down where people are relative to each other instead of minis.
>>
>>50775781
Man that sure sounds a lot more fun for my players than getting to do a sick Mad Max vehicle chase, anon. Thanks for the suggestion!
>>
>>50775626
My point was that you weren't suggesting anything different than what I posted as the plan, just rewording things slightly. Other than offering a distraction option, which I think I might add.

I've never seen this fear of exhaustion you speak off. Certainly this group wouldn't care. Besides, the chase is less than a half days travel worth of distance. Mad sprint for the party because ratguy has a head start, but that is it.

I might add a wondering monster to encounter or avoid, but if feels a bit contrived to me. I've never done random encounters before in this area and it begs the question of what the creature is doing here in the first place (they travel this route several times). But still, I like the basic idea and it adds another bit of complication.
>>
I wanna do a near-lightspeed spaceship chase in 5e. Are there any good space combat / special and/or general relativity rules out there?
>>
File: spiritfighter.jpg (304KB, 1241x900px) Image search: [Google]
spiritfighter.jpg
304KB, 1241x900px
Any good homebrews already made or ideas for a homebrew (or I suppose within existing mechanics) to make a character archetype like image attached work?
I'm thinking something along the lines of a fighter with a Oni or some other type of demon (doesn't necessarily have to be an evil entity) who fights with them and follows their movements.
I.E. You have a size of one square, but your partner is a 3x3 around you and you have a reach of 10 instead of 5 or something like that, it is tied to your HP and perhaps when you fall below a certain HP threshold it fades? I'm thinking some type of Warlock/Monk hybrid, but I'm open to any ideas. I'm just looking to fulfill that fantasy of a punch-type character that has soul armor around it that fights for them.
>>
>>50775784
You can use minis, just move everyone forward or back relative to the average speed of the participants
>>
>>50775832
Wow, I feel like an idiot for not thinking of that. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>50774486
Take inspiration from Star Trek's Khan. A superhuman, superintelligent being. Charismatic, a born leader. Hardy enough to survive harsh environments for years.

It doesn't have to be a success, one or two of these beings should be enough.
>>
>>50775824
c = speed of 2,284,418,530
For every 10,000,000 speed a ship has, they gain +5 initiative
For each 30 initiative you beat another ship by, you gain an extra turn of combat in a round

Will you be using conventional kinetic weaponry, particle beams, or lasers? We need to know the distances you're going to deal with here.
>>
>>50775830
So a stand?
>>
>>50775821
Shit, if they're less than a day's march from the destination then the question of whether to do a forced march will never come up. Consider this, though: if their speed is equal to the wererat's speed, they'll never catch up to him before he reaches his destination. And there remains an outside chance that they'll fail a check and lose his trail, though they can pribably just guess that he'll go to the city that's only ten miles away.
>>
File: horus-emperor.jpg (286KB, 1024x713px) Image search: [Google]
horus-emperor.jpg
286KB, 1024x713px
>>50775870

That's sure to end well.
>>
File: 1481929930098.jpg (155KB, 732x1092px) Image search: [Google]
1481929930098.jpg
155KB, 732x1092px
>>50775923
I've never watched Jojo fully but yeah, essentially a stand.
>>
>>50775919
Likely some missiles which will be fired with a speed of about 0.7c relative to the spaceship that fired it and a photon cannon powered by a beholder.

Distances of tens of hundreds of kilometres between the ships, most likely.

What happens if you use 'time stop'?
>>
>>50774486
Well obviously the race would be tall, and long lived. Additionally, it would be lithe and fast. Finally, it would have a natural affinity for magic, and pointed ears for hearing.
>>
>>50775948
>watched
reeee
But yeah, there's gotta be a homebrewed punchghost somewhere around.
>>
>magic stone
Looking back on this, this has some potential
>no matter who makes the attack, they use YOUR spellcasting modifier for both the attack and the damage

Give some pebbles to the 10 dexterity rogue.
They launch it with a sling.
Since they're using a ranged weapon to make the attack (even though they're making a ranged spell attack) they now use the druid/warlock's 20 wis/cha modifier.
Heck, give a few pebbles over to the monk or maybe the valor bard or something.
Fighter/Barbarian is strength and sucks at ranged combat? Lend them a sling and some stones and suddenly they're half-decent.
Heck, it might even qualify for sharpshooter since it's using a ranged weapon.
>>
>>50775824
Was this a joke based on the anon who wanted to run a motorcycle chase in 5e? I hope it was.
>>
>>50775929
Which is where the challenges I suggested came in, that is what I am modeling. And I probably didn't explain very well.

But, yeah, they are faster than him but he is a good deal ahead of them. He is also dealing with not being a woodsy character, so probably slower yet.

But the larger point is they won't lose his trail. I just don't see it as possible given their skills, stats, and abilities. The question is, will they catch up to him prior to his getting in to the city.

I could just compare movement rates, look at distance, and make the call. But that just doesn't seem right to me. I'd like to see the players a bit more involved. I'd like to see this take up a bit of play time, sort of a miniadventure or game.

I like the idea of a random monster type encounter, though I'm having a hard time of thinking what would be in the area for them to stumble on that makes sense. Giving a distraction that is an opportunity 'oh look, a box of gold if you just take the time to get it' seems rather contrived.

But I like the idea of them having to deal with a monster in some way. They can stealth by it, they could fight it, they could have some fight it while the rest go on, they could let it chase them while they chase ratguy, or who knows what they might decide. I like it. I just need to think of something that fits the area and makes sense.

Orcs would be perfect, but I have already established they are in another area and wouldn't be this far in to the territory. Of course one of the things that annoys me is that the players never pay attention to the map so...
>>
>>50774486
They would be exactly 7' tall; enough to stand above most races, but not so large as to give advantages in combat to smaller foes, while retaining the general size necessary to utilize all the architecture and equipment of the race they will be subjugating.

They would be hairless and covered in a thick hide with natural chitinous plates over their major organs, forming a natural armor. Their nervous and circulatory system is buried deep within their body, protecting them from extremes of temperature and electricity, as well as increasing their tolerance of pain.

All critical organs have a de-centralized backup, giving them a high degree of biological redundancy. Naturally, each organ is much more efficient than a normal, non-engineered variety; the stomach breaks down everything into magical energy which directly fuels the body, eliminating vulnerability to ingested poisons (and several kinds of injected ones) or the need for intestines or waste removal; the lungs are larger and multi-lobed, increasing oxygenation rates while preventing puncture from rendering an entire lung useless; the heart circulates blood at an increased rate and is wired to an electrical impulse-generating organ which can restart it; it has numerous, high-capacity adrenal glands which can flood the bloodstream with stimulating chemicals to improve combat performance; all orifices (which are all on the face), including the eyes, are protected by an extendable, transparent membrane which can keep out harmful gasses or debris like sand or sludge.

It has a thicker musculature, a more robust skeletal system, and its joints are a semi-cartiliginous colloidal suspension that increases range of motion in any direction (limited by its own increased bulk) and is immune to de-socketing. It features a second thumb opposite the first on each hand and two thumb-like toes on either side of the foot, improving weapon grip and balance significantly. It has claws, because claws are always useful.
>>
>>50776021
But watching is literally superior
>>
>>50776099
>Orcs would be perfect, but I have already established they are in another area and wouldn't be this far in to the territory.
Then you've already got the next plot hook for after this!
>>
With my palladin 2 Sorc is it worth to get Blade ward so I can quicken it? Or is it just totaly shit?
>>
>>50776147
>>50774486
Though they can communicate verbally and will do so in their own terse, combat- and tactics-oriented language, they primarily coordinate over a short-ranged telepathic link. Disruption of this link is not disorienting and the creatures will revert to verbal orders and coordinate through other non-verbal cues, like body language.

As a safeguard against rebellion, intentional or otherwise, their lifespans are short (5 years) and they reach full maturity in just three months. They are genderless and reproduce via spawning in incubation pods, but there is no exchange of DNA from a "parent" creature. They lack the means of beginning this reproductive process themselves. Their memory is genetic, and each is pre-programmed with all the knowledge necessary to be a dutiful soldier.
>>
>>50776218
You might as well get it if you have a spare cantrip. Note that you'll be using it instead of booming blade or green flame blade, but it may come up at some point that you have to protect yourself just that badly.

You can even dodge+blade ward in one turn if you're feeling extra insecure.
>>
If I give an enemy a mount should I increase their challenge rating or count their mount as an enemy for the encounter?
>>
>>50773509
https://youtu.be/-Idlx-J_WR0?t=1m33s
My thoughts on paladin UA
>>
>>50776264
The latter.
>>
File: 237815.jpg (17KB, 526x550px) Image search: [Google]
237815.jpg
17KB, 526x550px
>>50776206
Yeah, I think I'll just go for it. A nice group of orcs, maybe a scouting band. Heck, the party will think they are after the ratguy as he is suspected of being connected to them.

Besides I love my orc mini collection, any excuse to bring them out.
>>
>>50775830
Literally a cleric. Shield of Faith + Spiritual Weapon
>>
>>50776099
You're taking something that should take five minutes at most and trying to squeeze a whole session out of it. Why? There are three steps to this:
1: check if a party member can search for tracks while traveling at full speed. If not, they can't catch him.
2. Have the tracker roll Survival, against the wererat's Stealth if he's trying to hide his tracks or against a DC appropriate to the terrain if he's just running as fast as he can.
3. Have the whole party roll Con checks to see if they can run ten miles without stopping to rest. If some fail, the faster players have to decide whether to split the party.
>>
>>50774417
Paladins "weren't supposed to" be anything other than LG originally, or to be worse than Fighter in any way other than the alignment restriction their powers were contingent on.
>>
File: Death and Taxes.png (281KB, 631x670px) Image search: [Google]
Death and Taxes.png
281KB, 631x670px
>asked a few weeks ago about my paladin player wanting to shun his gods and worship Graz'zt
>unanimous decision that a level 3 paladin would just get killed or fucked over for trying this
>wake up
>it's now a paladin option with Graz'zt mentioned by name
Good thing I only almost killed him for it
>>
>>50774108
>>50774271
>Was expecting an "oath of light" kinda thing with a focus on healing/undead slaying, was expecting an Oath of Arcana/Silence as a arcane paladin/a magebreaker templar thing, was expecting some sort of ranged paladin
That sounds cool, especially the mage hunter paladin, too bad we got nothing but edge instead.
>>
>>50774378
Those are supposed to be alien weapons. Why the fuck would you think that aliens have an anatomy similar to ours? Maybe it's the peak of ergonomy to them. That's the point.
>>
>>50776476
They're only alien in the sense that they're not native to the planet. The creatures that inhabited the ship pretty much looked like humans. Same shit with Blackmoor; they were just green people.
>>
>>50774417
The Demon Lord may be more important but I don't think that means you get to team up with the necromancer. You just leave him be until you take out your primary target.

Look at it like this. When a regular Paladin is chasing a villain and he comes across a village terrorised by bandits, he would probably stop and help, or at least feel conflicted about moving on. A Vengeance Paladin would blow right past it; no reason to get bogged down in that shit when there's Evil to smite.
>>
>>50776476
Barrier Peaks aliens weren't all wibbly though, they were just little green men Ayylmaos.
>>
File: Mongrelman.jpg (79KB, 475x626px) Image search: [Google]
Mongrelman.jpg
79KB, 475x626px
>>50774486
>I have at my disposal the ability to create a unique humanoid race to fill the ranks of my armies. Naturally, this hypothetical race will be superior to all the natural-born PC races, and will contain the useful attributes of those races.
EVERY DAY IS PAIN FOR ME
>>
>>50773629
Yep nice and tanky
>>
>>50773581
I wanted a 5ed version of the pathfinder divine hunter.
>>
What the fuck is gold supposed to be used for in the published adventures/adventurer's league? Other than spellcasting services, I don't see shit. I'm running some stuff for my normal group (not actually playing through AL) and I don't want to let my players spend it on too many magical items and shit, because I figure the difficulty level of the campaign is based around what's actually offered in the book. But they're just gathering a ton of gold with few useful things to spend it on.
>>
>>50776646
A place to call their own would be the most expensive and time-intensive, but your party has to be up for it / interested.
>>
>when party builds characters, the players who wants to play paladin is asked to not play a paladin because there will be a necromancer in the party

>not the other way round
>>
>>50776646
Expendables. Healing potions, poisons, ammunition, food, alchemical fire, shit like that.

>>50776685
>adventurer's league
>>
So what do you actually do? For RP purposes. Just spook people with scary ghosts & shadows?
>>
>>50776646
Faction members can buy magic items and training with it by spending gold and downtime. Downtime days are a reward just like XP and GP, and are probably the biggest cost hurdle for PCs. Training lets you learn new languages or tool proficiencies, for whatever that's worth.
>>
File: 1341644240036.jpg (37KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
1341644240036.jpg
37KB, 242x208px
>>50776768
"N-nani!? I can s-see his killing intent!"
>>
>>50776713
Yeah, because the players are tired of your Paladin of Treachery shenanigans.
>>
File: Everybody's Getting Raped.jpg (35KB, 198x165px) Image search: [Google]
Everybody's Getting Raped.jpg
35KB, 198x165px
>>50776768
>So what do you actually do? For RP purposes.
>>
>>50776808
Paladin of Treachery is shit. Devotion is best oath.
>>
File: beerus blehbleh.gif (905KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
beerus blehbleh.gif
905KB, 1280x720px
>>50776768
It's that anime thing where you power up and exude so much malice that people are struck with fear, even if they don't understand it.
>>
>>50776768
ゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴ...
>>
>>50776839
Fart really really loud.
>>
File: 「ゴゴゴゴ」.gif (4MB, 280x175px) Image search: [Google]
「ゴゴゴゴ」.gif
4MB, 280x175px
>>50776768
just generally menacing shit I'd suppose

In that vein, how do you guys balance intimidation attempts and general enemy morale tactics? I have a hard time dealing with it when I'm running combat encounters when the party is routing the enemies and there honestly doesn't seem like much point in fighting them for the rest of the enemies.
>>
File: Capture.png (227KB, 372x237px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
227KB, 372x237px
So is it possible to switch out the spells from your mystic arcanum or is what you get what you get?
>>
>>50776941
What you get is what you get both RAW and RAI. Feel free to change that if your Warlock is feeling overshadowed.
>>
>>50776941
Talk with your Boss.
He might bestow upon you more magical secrets, as long as you're willing to pay the price.
>>
>>50776842
If there was a paladin with ancient's supportive theme with devotion/crown's tenants, I'd have played the fuck out of that so hard for the character I have now. Devotion is also somewhat supportive, so.

However, I still love ancients.

Vengeance/treachery/all the others can go fuck themselves.

>>50776713
>The necromancer being present prevents a player from playing one of the top tier classes.
How're they going to win DnD like that?
>>
>>50776941
Raw, no chance to change. But who plays raw anyways? Playing raw is a good way to make martial players want to kill themselves.
>>
Oath of the Crown capstone
>You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage from nonmagical weapons.
>Your allies have advantage on death saving throws while within 30 feet of you.
>You have advantage on Wisdom saving throws, as do your allies within 30 feet of you.

Oath of Conquest
>Oath of the Crown, but better

Oath of Treachery capstone
>You become OP incarnate

Why are WOTC so shit at balance?
I mean, it's not that fucking hard. There's homebrew out there that does it right, for christ sakes. And we're amateurs, it's not our fucking job to know the game inside and out.
>>
>>50777301
Because wotc is now hiring based on marketing and sjw pandering abilities, and not game design abilities.
>>
>>50777362
Yes, the SJWs are responsible for giving us Evil Edgadins, boogidiboogidiboo.
>>
>>50777362
It's the perfect time of year for that picture of the guy with the tangled christmas lights, but sadly I can't seem to find it
>>
File: kensei.jpg (42KB, 564x733px) Image search: [Google]
kensei.jpg
42KB, 564x733px
Hey guys

Could someone explain to me what was the confusion around Kensei weapons and all that? The wording seems pretty clear to me, but I recall someone said that Crawford admitted they shouldn't have made a distinction and just said

> You gain proficiency with three martial weapons of your choice. A martial weapon is considered a monk weapon for you if you are proficient.

How is that such a big deal?
>>
>>50776770
Oh yeah, I was wondering what the downtime days could be spent on as well. I found the AL player's handbook but it was pretty vague on how many days it takes to do what, other than crafting.
>>
>>50777511

I missed it too. I read over the ability against when I was doing the survey today and it seems worded fine except for it seemed like the Kensei abilities didn't work with flurry of blows.
>>
>>50777511
iirc the main thing is that you don't get the features listed under Martial Arts for monks unless you're wielding a monk weapon. Kensai weapons weren't considered monk weapons because that list of features + martial weapons was deemed too powerful in conjunction.
>>
>>50777452
>>50777469
Found the sjws.
>>
>>50777576

Man, I tell ya, the election this year was really enlightening. I casually asked two of my tables who they voted for, and was surprised when they all, a good nine people total, answered Hilary. In a red state. I didn't want to ask the table I actually like, I'm sure that would be too disheartening to bear.
>>
>>50776768
I like to refluff it as helicopter dick
>>
>>50774697
>>50775640
>>50776476
I was being complimentary, I really like this. Especially if it was one of those tournament modules like ToH or Dungeonworld.
>>
>>50777301
The fucked up thing is, by the reasons they gave for last UA's monk getting 10 points of healing per level (that level is weighted more heavily for monks), as well as how they explain balancing new races, you get the idea they actually have some process set up to balance things. Yet they STILL fuck it up. It's no wonder we'll never get a max level published adventure, past level 15 they just stop giving a shit.
>>
>>50777628
yeah i think that's because most people agreed that Hilary while openly like most politicians we know, was still better than Donald.
>>
What's the most fun character to play in a combat-heavy campaign?
>>
>>50777757
Someone with a lot of in-combat tactical options. A caster.
>>
>>50777757
Definitely not the class that gets its defining feature at a level you're not going to reach.
Like, say, three attacks at level 11.
>>
>>50777757
Depends do you enjoy repeating the same roll with the same result over and over, every single turn until the end of time?

If so, play a martial or a full caster.

I not, play a Bard or Druid
>>
File: Capture.png (74KB, 1857x824px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
74KB, 1857x824px
Trying to make a homebrew mystic subclass, and I've always thought the concept of a Truenamer was pretty cool.

It seems pretty fitting to place this style of "magic" among the mystic/psion stuff, since its aesthetic is catering to abnormality.

Anyway, thoughts? Overpowered, underpowered?

Any ideas for disciplines (powers) or ways to tie order features in with disciplines?
>>
>>50777757
depends on your playstyle.
>>
File: make me.jpg (13KB, 166x299px) Image search: [Google]
make me.jpg
13KB, 166x299px
>>50777757
If you're asking for fun on /tg/, you're in for a treat.

It's quite impossible to know what "fun" is for you. To me, playing a monk would be pretty fun. Or melee bard.
>>
How is this for a racial trait for a lobsterfolk people who carry and collect tons of useless shit in their travels?

Whosits and Whatsits: Nephro karkinoi have an eye for trinkets and tend to pick up things in their travels. You have proficiency in Investigation checks and begin the game with three Trinkets (roll on trinket table). In addition, as an Action, you may declare you have any single item which you have picked up in your travels. This ability functions as the spell Prestidigitation, except it only creates a non-magical trinket. This is also not considered a magical ability, but the use of some random item on the character’s person. This can be done once per long or short rest.
>>
>>50777757

Vengeance paladin. Cast hold person (or get one of your party members to caste it) and then oneshot anyone with crit smites.
>>
>>50777628
What does Hillary have to do with it? One can support Hillary over trump without being an sjw. Of course, it would be easier to do so if she didn't base her entire campaign on race politics.
>>
>>50777895

Not all Hilary supporters are social justice fags, but all social justice fags were Hilary supporters.
>>
>>50777895
>base her entire campaign on race politics
I think you got the candidates confused, broseph.
>>
Where would be a good place to buy the DMG, PHB, and MM for 5e?
>>
politics?

in my /tg/?

time for a new thread!
>>
>>50777946
Trump promised to take drastic border enforcement measures. Hillary turned that into racism, but it's only racist if you think Mexicans and Muslims are races.

Which is retarded, both groups of people encompass several races.
>>
>>50777946

Fuck off.
>>
>>50773818
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0b6a96RWOsM
>>
>>50777966
amazon (if it's available in your country), a local gaming store, or a few online book stores

if you say what country you're in someone might be able to tell you your best option
>>
>>50777984
>>50777895
>>50777911
>>50777628

Fuck off back to /pol/
>>
>>50778011

Fuck off back to tumblr.
>>
>>50777757
Depends heavily on personal preference but I recommend a Fighter (Battle Master) with the Entertainer (Gladiator) background. Take the Martial Adept feat for more maneuvers and an extra die, then the Tavern Brawler feat for improvised weapon use, then perhaps Grappler if your GM doesn't make enemies impossible to grapple. Invest mainly in Strength, Constitution, and Charisma (n that order).

Play your character up like a WWE wrestler, hitting enemies with chairs and suplexing them while grand-standing for any audience (even an imaginary one). You're a god-damned hero, a paragon among men that makes his foes quake in their very boots.
>>
>>50778030
Tumblr is only good for porn and art blogs.

Fuck off back to /pol/
>>
>>50778030
>not wanting political discussion in a thread about d&d
fucking ess jay dubyas
>>
>>50777984
It's absolutely racism. The particular definition of "race" doesn't matter, because both sides will use whichever one (colloquial, scientific, dictionary, whatever) suits their argument at the time while insisting the other is using the one that doesn't fit the topic at hand.

Trump gave a bunch of lazy bums a slew of scapegoats and they gobbled it up like they have every other election, he just wasn't as subtle about it.

>>50777993
Are you still triggered that people don't like your conman daddy-figure? Head back to your containment board and snuggle up in the safe space.
>>
>>50778059

I'm not from /pol/. Kindly fuck off to whatever social justice shit hole you crawled out of.
>>
File: critz.jpg (855KB, 1208x1060px) Image search: [Google]
critz.jpg
855KB, 1208x1060px
/5eg/, how do you play out damage on critical hits?

> Written rule.
> You roll each die one more time.
Can end up in a situation where a critical hit deals "meh" damage, depriving of its special status.

> Boring houserule.
> Maximum "normal" damage, no need to roll.
At least it's fast, I guess.

> Common houserule.
> Maximum "normal" damage, and you roll each die one more time.
I feel like it's just too swingy to enjoy, both for the DM and the players.

> Mayberule.
> You roll each die one more time. If the result is inferior to maximum damage, you deal maximum damage.
Seems clunky.
>>
>>50778072
Dude, you can't just call everything "social justice" and throw a tantrum.
I mean, you can, but it makes you look really stupid.
>>
>>50778072
>I'm not from /pol/.

You belong there.

So fuck off to /pol/
>>
>>50778089
that's because he is
>>
>>50778084
I miss critical confirmations, but maybe that's just because I'm playing SKT and my DM has rigged die.
>the fire giant attacks
>the DM grabs another bag of die
>>
>>50778084
How I do it: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0UXoQKnQHcL
>>
>>50778084
>/5eg/, how do you play out damage on critical hits?
In my game critical hits simply doubled your damage, including your modifiers.
>>
>>50777757
In truth you can make almost any character fun, even in combat heavy campaigns. It mostly just depends on what type of fun you want to have: fun with mechanics or fun through in combat role-playing.

My opinion on best options though are clerics, paladins, wizards, sorcerers, and rogues. Especially thief rogues. Having the ability to use an object every round as a bonus action can make combat very interesting very quick with a few bags of ball bearings, some caltrops, a few hunting traps, and some potions and flasks of varying liquids.
>>
>>50778089
>>50778101

Seriously? Fuck off.
>>
>>50778069
It's at most discrimination based on national origin or religion. Racism is consistently defined as discrimination based on .... You guessed it, race!

You could have a valid criticism of trump (religious discrimination is not okay in America) but you are retarded, so you try to call things racist when they are not. This gets people less likely to agree with you, and is the sort of tactic that lost Hillary the election in the States that mattered.

Stop being retarded. Stop trying to redefine words for no reason.
>>
>>50778157
no you
>>
>>50778118

Kek.
>>
>>50778157
Political discussion unrelated to traditional gaming doesn't belong in /tg/

So fuck off to /pol/
>>
>>50778162
>wah we only spite-voted for the racist because someone insinuated we ourselves were racist
The only thing retarded here is that argument.
And this guy >>50778157
>>
>>50778175
>>50778164

It doesn't. So fuck off, cunts.
>>
>>50778118
For a minute there you sounded like Jack Nicholson.
>>
>>50778084
I've stopped using combat rules a while ago. They just suck.

So when someone gets a critical on an attack attempt, they move the fight forward way more than they usually would. It's made for assume pretty fun fights for my group.
>>
>>50778200
>I've stopped using combat rules
Are you just RPing fights, then?
>>
>>50778118
>dat belch
>>
>>50778184
You're telling the people telling you to fuck for talking about politics, to fuck off?

Are you an idiot?

Fuck off to /pol/
>>
>>50778218

I ain't talkin' about shit, I just want you triggered babies to stop fagging up the place with your retarded, inane bullshit. So fuck off.
>>
File: (・◡・).jpg (25KB, 310x366px) Image search: [Google]
(・◡・).jpg
25KB, 310x366px
>>50778118
>>
UA pretty underwhelming.
Trickery seems ok, conquest seems like crap.
Given the fluff they've given to conquest I have a feeling the vast majority of people wanting to play it will edgelord it up, too.
>>
>>50778183
>Still calls him racist.

You're in too deep.

Anyways, no. They voted for the man who was promising to take care of them economically, and not the woman who was ignoring economic issues to call things that aren't racist, (including themselves) racist.

Liberals are going to be the death of the Democratic party of they keep up this holier than everyone, everyone who disagrees with me is racist routine.

Do you like being a part of the biggest indirect support the Republican party is recieving?
>>
>>50778084
You have to confirm the crit, but do max damage. If your confirm is another 20, you get max damage and roll each die one more time.

My players were fine with it, since our previous rules included crit fails as well, and I let them confirm whether it's a critical fail (either the roll doesn't beat the target's AC again, or beats an ally's AC - whichever would make more sense for the situation)
>>
>>50778229
>I ain't talkin' about shit

You were,

So you should fuck off to where that discussion is appropriate,

That's /pol/

Fuck off there.
>>
>>50778255

You're being a dumb cunt, so you should fuck off to where being a dumb cunt is appropriate.

That's Facebook

Fuck off there.
>>
african americans
>>
>>50778213
Sort of. I run them like skill challenges, with attacking being an extremely viable option. There are still dice rolls, and constraints on what the party can do, but it runs a lot smoother.

There's just something strange about dnd players man, as soon as you say "roll for initiative" they turn stupid.

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
Ten seconds pass
"Uhhh, dm, could I uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
Ten seconds pass
"No that won't work"
Ten seconds pass
"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,. Could I make an acrobats check?"
"Sure player, what for?"
"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"
Ten seconds pass
"I guess I'll just attack with my sword again"

Maybe this is just my players, but I'm sick of this shit, and as long as I don't tell them combat rules apply they're wonderful.
>>
>>50778328

What? How can someone be so inept at combat?
>>
>>50778276
That's cute,

Fuck off to /pol/
>>
>>50777301
>>50777670
I mean let's not pretend the base game is too well balanced either. It's good, sure, but the only thing they've even attempted to fix was Ranger and they did a decent job but not a great one. Berserker, Wot4E, Sorcerer, Champion, variant human, etc. Then you have Battlerager and shit from expansions as well. It's sad in retrospective that I don't even notice this anymore, I just make up houserule fixes and rebalance them in my games.
>>
>>50778349

You're not cute.

Fuck off back to somewhere fuckin' else, stop forcing your stupid shit on other people.
>>
>>50778349
>>50778371
Get a room already.
>>
10 minute political vocaroo inc
>>
>>50778200
>>50778328
Kindly elaborate on your "combat system"
>>
>>50778084
We play it by the rules. If crits did any more damage my character probably would have died several times by now.
>>
New thread amigos

>>50778438
>>50778438
>>50778438
>>
>>50778437
maybe u outta roll a fighter and be tuff
>>
>>50778446
thank fuck, i just hope the politics fags will stay here for a while
>>
I'm gonna start DMing soon for the first time, and I'm trying to make sure that my players who play martials can do interesting stuff outside of combat like the casters can.

For the record, my players are a Human Bard, Halfling Fighter, Human Warlock, Elf Paladin, and Dwarf Ranger.

Is there a good way to make sure that my Martial characters can have an interesting time in and out of combat? The Fighter and Paladin are pretty creative, I was thinking of giving them a small pool of Grit Points that they could add to their skill checks if they were doing something I thought was creative/interesting/stupid enough?
>>
>>50778371
>stop forcing your stupid shit on other people.

The only thing i'm forcing is you,

Back to /pol/
>>
>>50773632
Yeah I would love to play a Hindu themed archer paladin. Fear my arrows of smite.
>>
>>50778084
I thought the more common one was doubling the dice damage. Max damage reduces rolling which makes it less fun and variable (and doesn't do anything too special as you could get the same with a normal attack) and rolling extra dice takes extra time so I dislike it. Yeah, if you have 8d6 ready then your sneak attack crit might not take that much longer, but you still have to count up everything and shit. Either just double damage or double dice damage. Hell, video games do that and they aren't limited by dice rolls and players adding numbers together at all.
>>
>>50778481
Arjuna, Chosen of Vishnu
>>
>>50774088
Yeah, there is. Neutral Good is all about doing whatever for the greater good. It's Lawful Good that won't do anything that means betraying the status quo.
>>
>>50778243
I was gonna make a big thing, but it'd take two posts and this isn't the place for that.

Trump's racist, sorry. Whether or not you think his dog-whistling about hispanics or Muslims qualifies based on whatever definition, he surely hates "the blacks"; it's evident in his speech, his treatment during the campaign, and his past actions. Just own it already. If you really think being called racist makes people jump on board the GOP train, fucking embrace it and watch your numbers soar, because Dems will keep calling you racist. But you don't actually think that.

Trump ignored economic issues. He campaigned on them, to be sure, but not in any way that's going to fix anything. It's been a long-standing irony of the GOP and its voting base that they crow about states' rights, government welfare, and pulling yourself up by your bootstraps, but they are the first to squash the former, hop on welfare, and blame everything else under the sun for their problems. Trump hasn't addressed automation and still believes the only causes of job loss in the US are outsourcing and immigration. He's set his administration up for corporate blackmail. Gee, Chumpy, thanks for the tax break, but our rates are still too high.. we're gonna have to move these... 20,000 jobs to Mexico. Oh, you'll give us millions more? Thanks, we'll only move the 10,000 we wanted to go in the first place.

Those jobs aren't coming back. The job growth we've experienced under Obama has been in other sectors. Clinton and Dems laid out plans for addressing the slow death of certain industries and offered retraining and placement programs, but that shit takes WORK, and the Bootstrap Americans would rather cry about the negroes and beaners taking all the jobs and sucking up their tax dollars through welfare even as the GOP prepares to gut "my Medicare and unemployment", which totally isn't welfare or government assistance when I'm getting it.

And his Goldman hate? The swamp-draining? HA HA HA! HA HA!
>>
File: korlash.png (1MB, 800x769px) Image search: [Google]
korlash.png
1MB, 800x769px
>>50776713
>not being oathbreaker for that incredible undead damage synergy
step up
>>
>>50778328
Why even play D&D 5e then? Literally all it has is a very detailed combat system, around which the entire game is balanced and optimised. Every other part of the rules either feeds into the combat system or is ultimately peripheral and optional.
>>
File: bruh.jpg (126KB, 838x627px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
126KB, 838x627px
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools

Bestiary, items, and spells now have filtering capabilities.
>>
>>50778896
Just what I was missing!
>>
>>50778328
So run us through a detailed example of you doing combat. I am interested in hearing. Maybe the last big combat you did?
>>
File: 406969017253994656423454388.jpg (40KB, 205x398px) Image search: [Google]
406969017253994656423454388.jpg
40KB, 205x398px
>>50778244
>Confirming crits
ew
>>
>>50778004
I live in Kentucky
>>
>>50778084
We roll an extra d20, and the DM has a chart that basically says how good or bad a crit it was (same with combat nat 1's).

It can either wind up a normal hit, or go all the way to obliterating something.
>>
File: Capture.png (74KB, 317x102px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
74KB, 317x102px
>>50776768
It's actually a pretty good support ability.
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.