[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40 General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 485
Thread images: 81

File: 40kg current.jpg (270KB, 1034x775px) Image search: [Google]
40kg current.jpg
270KB, 1034x775px
Hope it not another dupe Edition

>Freshest Rules in Epub (Use Readium for PC or Kobo on Android)
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Older stuff in PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
>>
File: M1860648_Sons_of_OrarXL.jpg (59KB, 600x517px) Image search: [Google]
M1860648_Sons_of_OrarXL.jpg
59KB, 600x517px
First for Sons of Orar are better than Blood Angels, Ultramarines and White Scars Combined!
>>
File: 1481457927018.jpg (165KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1481457927018.jpg
165KB, 1680x1050px
+++ Dark Mechanicus deployment begins +++

I hope the rumours about that are true, as well as the combined Codex. Along with IA14, looking like a good year for Admech.

Is it just me sucking at painting as usual, or are the Mechanicus really tricky to paint? I probably shouldn't have picked them for my first army, they have almost Deldar levels of spikes. Tried and Inquisitiors and their Acolytes and had a much easier time of it.
>>
whats the most effective units for orks?
>>
File: image.jpg (364KB, 775x898px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
364KB, 775x898px
Schrödinger's Sisters of Battle are thing thanks to GW incompetence.
>>
>>50739130
Lootas, tankbustas, mek gunz, MANz in trukks
Ork warbikers are also v strong
>>
>>50739130
>>50739151

Looted tanks, Buggies, Grot Tanks.
>>
>>50739129
>or are the Mechanicus really tricky to paint?

They are an absolute nightmare to paint. Huge amounts of detail on very spindly, fragile models. Loads of wires and cables hanging off everything. It all makes for a pretty miserable experience.
>>
>>50739170
>lots of fiddly details and cables
>not just painting it metallic and giving it a wash

Come on now.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Hey /tg/, have you played any nice games today?

I got a game vs Tau with my daemons but I rolled so well it ended up more than a little one sided.
I ended up getting warp surge twice and cursed earth so my whole army was walking around with storm shields.
Meanwhile the doom bell on my herald fucked with their leadership, you would be suprised how many times -1ld caused him to fail some sort of test.
>>
>>50739130

NOBS

IN

A

NAUT
>>
>>50739133
GW is only incompetent in that they created the Shitsters in the first place.
>>
File: 20161216_205650.jpg (247KB, 1200x532px) Image search: [Google]
20161216_205650.jpg
247KB, 1200x532px
>>50739186
1k tourney yesterday, took third with my orks.

Pardon the quality, I blame the complimentary coffee.

After a rough start where my aggressive deployment plus a lucky seize cost me half my models. the enemy was so focused on murdering my dwindling army that he forgot to hold objectives.
>>
>>50739211
>I blame the complimentary coffee.
All is forgiven.
>>
>>50739170
OK, so I have slightly more of an excuse to suck than is normal for relative newbies in this.
Pretty much been doing >>50739178
so far, and doing a few of the other details in different ways for some variation. Looking forward to doing the Kastelans, the Chimera for the Inquisition and the Knight just to paint a flat surface for once.

Is it normal to take less care on the scrubby infantry than on the big stuff? Not to the point of actively looking shit, but Id rather not do three layers+ highlight on the 5pt bolter Acolytes or the 30k Adsecularis, which are essentially 5ppm Skitarii with all the offensive ability (BS/WS2) replaced by Fearless, for tarpitting in groups of 20.
>>
>>50739186
Nice looking Horros mang.
>>
>>50739129
>I hope the rumours about that are true
could you point me towards the rumours good sir?
>>
>>50739129
>>+++ Dark Mechanicus deployment begins +++

my dream

until i find out all their units are unrelated to adeptus mechanicus models and all my conversion work is for naught
>>
>>50739208
We should start over. Any army that was not in the original 3rd rulebook should be squated.

Reworked the ones there and then make proper rules for the squated armies.
>>
>>50739270

i'd rather see the fifteen flavors of space marines get squatted rather than variety armies like mech and gsc

there's no reason at all that the space marine legions cant get all rolled into one supplement (other than money obviously)
>>
Are Orks green nationalists?
>>
File: rumour-1.jpg (87KB, 1000x1149px)
rumour-1.jpg
87KB, 1000x1149px
>>50739263
Warhammer Community Rumour Engine put out a pic of a spindly arm on a sprue holding some keys that looked like the Admech cog symbol, and when some helpful anon improved the quality a bit, it's almost identical to the arms on the Dominus or the Kataphron Destroyers.
The rest is just the usual rumourmongers talking about stuff they want.
It's Admech, certainly, but whether it's DarkMech or just other stuff we don't know.
>>
>>50739133
BLOWN THE FUCK OUT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>50739291
>It's Admech, certainly, but whether it's DarkMech or just other stuff we don't know.

If its Dark Mech I know where my scholarship money is going lol.
>>
>>50739270

Space Marines
Chapters supplements

Chaos
Legions supplements

Imperial whatever (inc SoB, inquisitors, other extraneous imperial factions)

Mechanicus

Eldar (inc harlequins)
Craftworlds supplement

Tyranids
GSC supplement

Necrons

Dark Eldar

Orks

Imperial Guard

should be the books

tau can get axed for all i care, superheavies like knights can fuck off back to apocalypse where they belong
>>
>>50739323
>Ork
Klans

>Imperial Guard
Regiments
>>
>I was only 9 years old
>I loved the Swarmlord so much, I had all the miniatures and codices
>I pray to the Swarmlord every night before bed, thanking him for fucking up Marneus Calgar
>"Swarmlord is love" I say; "Swarmlord is life"
>Matt Ward hears me and calls me a faggot
>I know he was just jealous of my devotion for the Swarmlord
>I called him a cunt
>He slaps me and sends me to the kitchen
>I'm crying now, and my face hurts
>I lay on the floor and it's really cold
>Suddenly, an immortal hunger is moving towards me
>It's the Swarmlord
>I am so happy
>He whispers into my ear "SSSSSS."
>He grabs me with his powerful tyranid hands and puts me down onto my hands and knees
>I'm ready
>I open my fridge for the Swarmlord
>He eats all my food
>It hurts so much but I do it for the Swarmlord
>I can feel my fridge tearing as my eyes start to water
>I want to please the Swarmlord
>He roars in a mighty roar as he empties my fridge
>Matt Ward walks in
>Swarmlord looks him straight in the eyes and says "SSSS."
>The Swarmlord leaves through my window
>Swarmlord is love. Swarmlord is life.
>>
games workshop is trolling chaos space marine player? Traitor legion suck
>>
>>50739317

I'd settle for just a faq line

>mechanicus forces can be aligned to the dark gods, if so they share the same alliance classification as chaos space marines

so i can take some daemon engines (no matter how bad they are)
>>
>>50739334
So you am language of skill.
>>
Ahriman is a good guy right?
>>
>>50739334

traitor legion is trolling chaos space marine player? games workshop suck
>>
>>50739363

bitter autist
>>
>>50739342
>I'd settle for just a faq line
My problem with that is that the Dark Mech should operate fundamentally different to the Admech by this point. I understand that Chaos itself is hard to represent in a rule set but still.

You are right though I would settle for it haha
>>
>>50739363
Define good guy? He is arguably fighting for a noble goal but that doesnt make him noble.
>>
>>50739342
Pretty much, but I would like some way to make my units more Chaosy. I mean, you couldn't let them take marks, since otherwise you'll have T8 Kastelans, T4 Sicarians (I guess that wouldn't be too bad) or a Dominus walking around with a 3++ reroll ones.
Maybe some variation on Daemonic Possession, and a different set of Canticles that have chaos effects like debuffing enemies more than buffing you?
>>
>buy DV Chaos Lord
>one of the horns broke off in shipping
>was gonna make him Mark of Nurgle anyway.

Welp. At least single horns are a nugle thing anyway.
>>
>>50739397

it's even more nurgly if there's a small chunk of the other one left

but to go next level, chop them both off and glue some antlers on instead
>>
>>50739289
Green iz best
>>
1250 Alpha Legion Insurgency, a.k.a. infantry spam

++Chaos Warband++

Chaos Lord (Mindveil, Terminator armor, combi-plasma, power fist) 152

2x Chaos Marines (meltagun) 170

2x Chosen (4x meltagun) 260

Terminators (combi-plasmas) 112

Chaos Raptors (2x flamers) 105

Havocs (4x autocannon) 115

++LATD++

Dark Apostle (105)

2x Cultists (flamer) 110

2x Cultists (autoguns) 118

Any suggestions for a loyalist looking Dark Apostle? I'm modeling these guys using the plastic Mk3 from the Calth box, and the regular DA model doesn't fit the aesthetic.
>>
>>50739257
I painted all my Tzeentch stuff in eye watering pink and blue.
/wip/ said they look like McDonalds toys.
>>
>>50739468
>I'm modeling these guys using the plastic Mk3 from the Calth box
Maybe the.. BaC Dark Apostle?
>>
>>50739392
Dark Mech shouldn't have Kastelans, Sicarians or Domini at all, they should be a COMPLETELY different force on a fundamentally different level.
>>
>>50739481
True, but it is probably going to be a supplement, so there will still be the old units on some level. I could see them using a lot of Sicarians, but def. not the Kastelans seeing as they have daemon engines for that.
>>
>>50739469
>hey look like McDonalds toys.
Lol. As hilarious as that is I still think they look great.
>>
Can we pretend like orks are op for a thread

I just lost my 8th game in a row and need a pick me up
>>
>>50739481
>>50739506

There is no Dark Mechanicus anything coming.
>>
File: emprahs finest.jpg (14KB, 238x255px) Image search: [Google]
emprahs finest.jpg
14KB, 238x255px
>>50739478

Well shit, forgot about that model. Good call anon, thank you.
>>
>>50739506
GWs never done a supplement that turns a force into an enemy Faction. CSM are not SM with an evulz supplement, Dark Eldar are not Eldar with an evulz supplement. Even Renegades and Heretics, which totally could be done that way for IG, is not. Dark Mech, if the rumours prove true, will be a standalone book.
>>
>>50739520
Piece of advice mate try playing at lower points cost with someone. 500-1000 treats orks a lot nicer then 1500+.
>>
File: Chaos Daemons - 2000pts (1).jpg (280KB, 900x1218px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Daemons - 2000pts (1).jpg
280KB, 900x1218px
Anyone knows a decent Emperors Children List that incorporates Kakophoni a Land Raider and some slaaneshi demons allies.

came up with this but Im not sure if it would do well
>>
>>50739521

at best it'd be a tiny supplement with like 3 unique units (dark magos, techpriest equivalent, one actual squad of something new) and a couple formations with CSM daemon engine shit

more likely it'll be absolutely nothing
>>
>>50739525
Well, they'd never done a Mechanicus anything up until Skitarii, but I do see your point.

I do think it's more likely as a supplement, though, seeing as the Adeptus Mechanicus list isn't fully fleshed out yet anyway.
>>
>>50739546
>at best it'd be supplement with MC profiles and daemonic saves for all half-daemon walkers.
>>
>>50739535
Pretty sure you need an auxillary choice to get the full EC bonus. Its like 1 spawn to do so and you get the combat drugs so probably worth.
>>
If you were in charge of Dark Mech and had as many new kits as both Ad Mech books got, how would you do it?

Be creative, I want to hear ideas for totally new units, not "Kastelans but Daemonforge" or "everything has Canticles but EVUL VERSION"
>>
>>50739573
>implying canticles of the evilssiah isn't creative as fuck
>>
>>50739566
Oh yea, forgot to add the Spawn tax
>>
>>50739586
And thats why we post lists lol.
>>
File: BWAHAHHAAHAH.jpg (307KB, 1149x1486px) Image search: [Google]
BWAHAHHAAHAH.jpg
307KB, 1149x1486px
Rate my list!
>>
>>50739608
0forts/10
>>
>>50739583
I think it would still be Canticles of the Omnissiah, since the DarkMech believe that the Chaos Gods are aspects of the Omnissiah like the Emperor (Offically) is to the regular Admech.

>>50739573

The ability to corrupt and turn enemy war machines against them. If you wreck and enemy vehicle without exploding it, you can attempt to use Battlesmith on it to restore it as one of your units, on one Hull Point but fully under your control and automatically targetting the nearest enemy unit it can hurt.
Might be OP as hell, but maybe only have it on HQ units so as to have an incentive to keep them near the front line?
>>
What are the chances of a Chaos war convocation in the new supplement?
>>
>>50739640
None, but I expect we'll get a proper Decurion in a combined codex if/when it arrives, and assuming it's not shit I would honestly prefer it to the "Take an extremely restrictive list and get OP and boring bonuses".
>>
>>50739638

some fluff seems to point towards the dark mech being a bunch of assholes beholden to no one, who just make weapons for the csm so they can work on their pet projects in their spare time
>>
File: howtoguard.jpg (63KB, 575x960px) Image search: [Google]
howtoguard.jpg
63KB, 575x960px
Taking these lads to a daemon game today.

Wish me luck guardbros.
>>
>>50739664
Some fluff? All fluff, limited as it is for the DarkMech. I would expect them to have lots of the 30k Mechanicum's tools as well, like Cybertheurgy, but seeing as IA14 will probably give that to the loyalists anyway, not a huge deal.
>>
>>50739664
So.. like regular admech but with more skulls.
>>
>>50739062
is it frowned upon to use named characters in regular games?

im thinking about using captain lysander for my imperial fists.
>>
>>50739468
>plastic Mk3 from the Calth
Calth had the Mk4 Marines, Prospero has Mk3
>>
>>50739713
Depends on your group. I think it SHOULD be frowned upon unless you talk to your opponent about it beforehand.
>>
>>50739713
Unless you play with extreme casualfags nobody would care.
>>
Do raptors seriously not have deep strike?
>>
>>50739774
>jump infantry
Read the rules.
>>
>>50739774
they have jump packs so they can deep strike
>>
>>50739793
>>50739796
Doh.

I hope in 8e, GW will stop this matryoshka rule bullshit.
>>
>>50739689
They probably can't do proper Cyberthurgy anymore, what's left is their cobbled together tech-magic they use on Daemon engines.

Dark Mech are just as bad, if not worse, than the Admech when it comes to how much knowledge they lost in the Heresy. It's telling that although they still have and maintain a lot of pre-heresy gear, they can't actually make most of it.

Fact is, Daemons play a large part in how the Dark Mech operate, it's less about science and actual technology, and more about Daemons and warp fuckery.

Even best bro Scoria was just "Robots.....BUT WITH DAEMONS"
>>
File: Scoria.jpg (136KB, 568x587px) Image search: [Google]
Scoria.jpg
136KB, 568x587px
>>50739833
Scoria was more "robots with weird warpy coding" since it was mostly a temporary possession, but yeah. I would expect their personal forces would be an order of magnitude above what they sell to Chaos, though. Thousands of years of making warp weapons means they've probably got very, very good at it by now.
>>
Can someone share the picture where csm players lick legs if GW?
>>
>>50739869
Well the only story we've had of Dark Mech personal armies is that smith who made a huge army of Daemon engines, but they were just normal ones like Defilers, not eccentric superweapons like pseudo-Ullanors or things like that.

And then he got slapped down by the Chaos gods for being a Daemon hording little shit.

I don't think they have super secret reserves of ultimate power, or if they do, they can't be very big.

And warp coding is just minor Daemonic creatures entombed within a machine, it's basically the same as what the Dark Mech do now but more subtle and less likely to kill the person who "Controls" it.
>>
File: 1477156142598-tg.jpg (20KB, 380x420px) Image search: [Google]
1477156142598-tg.jpg
20KB, 380x420px
>>50739667
You are gonna need it. Let us know how it goes.
>>
>>50739870
>>>/d/
>>
File: WIP Imperial Guard v3.png (244KB, 682x3043px) Image search: [Google]
WIP Imperial Guard v3.png
244KB, 682x3043px
Please rate my list.

Inquisitor attaches to the veteran squad because fuck psykers.
>>
File: Sieppaa.png (1MB, 828x750px) Image search: [Google]
Sieppaa.png
1MB, 828x750px
Bought myself some Christmas presents!
>>
I cant wait for my secret santa! Too bad its coming across the ocean, i hope it gets here soon, because SUSPENSE ABSOLUTELY KILLS MEEE
>>
>>50740022

Nice bedsheets, kid
>>
>>50740059
Thanks senpai.
>>
>>50739833
Well it does solve the issue of power supply, coding, ammunition repairs and upgrades.
>>
Reminder that if you play Death Guard but use

>sorcerors
>transports
>jump packs
>bikes

you have disappointed Mortarion and are weak.
>>
>>50740018
682/3043
>>
>>50740078
i use all of these.
fite me 1v1 in real life
>>
>>50740078

why wouldn't I use this awesome model?
>>
>>50740078
Mortarion, be more accepting

signed
Nurgle
>>
>>50740078
Footslogging Death Guard with no vehicles and every unit being in multiples of 7 is the only way to play, all other normies get away from my legion
>>
>>50739062
Could someone post some example competitive IG lists?
>>
>>50740153
You're in the Imperial Guard, son. You don't play for glory, you play because it's your duty.
>>
>>50740072
But leaves the smith at the complete mercy of what the Daemon wants to do. If you're lucky you can convince it that it can kill/fuck/poop on/whatever the fuck Tzeentch Daemons want outside of "CHAAAAAAAAANGE" better by strapping guns to it.

Worst case you have to force them inside their cages, which doesn't make them co-operative.

Dark Mech is pretty much at the whims of the Chaotic powers just as much as the CSM are.
>>
Hey it's that guy who doesn't know all the abbreviations again.

So with my Lord on foot now I realized I need to come up with a bliss giver. Found a weapon from my Chaos Knights that will work. No problem there
I have a spare box box of early, early 2000's chaos marines that I can convert into Chosen, and my lord. I can order the bits I need for power weapons and Lightning claws from Puppet's war. If their bikers weren't so Nurgle looking I'd be adding them to my EC army. Not too worried about that though, as the GW bikers are not too horribly priced.

So now conversion time. I have the power swords, glaives, and lightning claws to arm everyone but...how do I make my lord look like a Lord? How can I make my chosen look extra special? I will be honest my first game will likely be Poxy City with grey knights standing in for chosen, Blood Angel's bikers for Chaos Bikers, and my power fist combo-melta lord standing in for my Blissgiver/bolt pistol lord.

But how do I make a regular marine look "chosen?" How do I make a regular marine look "Lordly"
>>
>>50739815
>I hope in 8e, GW will stop this matryoshka rule bullshit.

How about you have a vague glance at a rulebook or a general knowledge of very basic rules instead? If you want everything spelled out on one page sounds like age of sigmar is the game for you.
>>
>>50740195
Naw, you just place a warded blasting charge on top of the binding circle.
>>
>>50740211
>But how do I make a regular marine look "chosen?" How do I make a regular marine look "Lordly"
Do you have a theme?
For example a slaanesh warband's Lord might look like a minotaur and his choses like satyrs if you got a theme like that.

Being a Lord usually means a little bigger, maybe on a raised base, showy pose, extra blinged out, special weapons or some other kind of gimmick.
Everyone is painted black with a golden helmet, except your lord who wears gold all over or something.

Chosen could be wearing more ornate armor, like the new DV models, be mutated in a non-spawny way or just me made to look like hardened veterans.
>>
>>50740226
There's a lot to hate about AoS but the entirety of a units rules in their entry is pretty sweet to me, only likeable part of the cancerous iOS codexes too.
>>
>>50740226
It's annoying to have to go back and forth from codex to brb to check rules.

Spelling everything out on the page would not necessarily make the game simpler, it would just make it less cumbersome to actually run.

How would that be a bad thing?
>>
File: 1460051966990.gif (830KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1460051966990.gif
830KB, 250x250px
>>50740078

>Since becoming a literal Daemon and living in the warp he thinks Mortarion still frowns upon Sorcerers

Hurr
>>
>>50740274
>How would that be a bad thing?
The "I had to walk 30 miles to school without shoes, it was good enough for me" mentality.
>>
>>50739291
Do they even still use keys in the 41st millennium?
>>
>>50740271
if you got a system as big as 40k with that many unique units having the universal special rules in one place makes it a lot easier.
Instead of knowing every single units profile you just need to know which rules they reference.
>>50740274
Having 20 unit profiles with 20 explanations of what a jump troop is and what deepstriking is would not in the slightest make it easier to run.
You'd just have to look through a lot more clutter before finding the thing you actually are looking for.
>>
File: 1479697231258.png (335KB, 439x525px) Image search: [Google]
1479697231258.png
335KB, 439x525px
>>50740306

The majority of the armed forces in 40k still use swords and axes for combat and you're wondering if they still use keys?
>>
>>50740306
Every librarian miniature has keys as symbol of secret knowledge.
Every demonhost is littered with the things.
Most books people carry around have locks on them too.

I mean people use swords and shields in the 41st millenium too...
>>
>>50740266

Related, I'm making Death Guard and having a lord and chosen.

Should I use the Heresy-era models for this? I thought it'd be cool for them to have the oldest armour, still in the original Death Guard colours.
>>
>>50740306
Keys a largely a ceremonial thing, like >>50740334
sez
>>
>>50740311
The brb doesn't have all the special rules on one place. They're spread out haphazardly across multiple sections of rulebook.

Additionally, each army has special rules, which again are spread haphazardly across multiple sections of codex.

How is that easier than just flipping to the page of your codex where the unit is and reading the applicable rules?
>>
>>50740336
>Should I use the Heresy-era models for this?
If you want to yeah, go for it.
I wonder what cataphracti and blightking kitbashes would look like though.
>>
>precision shot excorcists

Yes, the limited edition canoness will find a spot in my army.
>>
>>50740266
Well my visual theme...I hadn't much decided on, other than more recent converts. My detachment I'm describing as being a 14th founding Blood Angels chapter that went chaos, and was taken in by the EC. Basically making them a franchisee for lack of a better term/technical term.
>>
>>50740361
If that is indeed the case it's an issue only the current edition has then.
I don't have a lot of the newer books.
There used to be a 'universal special rules' section with all the universal special rules.
>>
>>50740370
>I wonder what cataphracti and blightking kitbashes would look like though.
You could try google.
>>
Where can I see some example army lists?
>>
>>50740397
Blood Angels draw a lot imagery from Vampires, the Dracula mythos and the Gary Oldman movie in particular with the Chief Librarian's armor and the artificer suits of the newer characters.
Maybe you could play on that.
Make your Lord look like a Nosferatu, a ghoul King, or the classic Max Schreck look.
Or in keeping with the Gary Oldman film base it on the look of the bizzare old man with the weird hardo that Count Orlock was.
Or just give in a bat's face. That would look funky.

Or take it into a different direction altogether. Just some ideas.
>>
>>50740383
Even with a perfect roll for the amount of missiles, that's still just a 1/6 chance of getting a precision shot. There is a reason why Snipers are hot garbage right now, precision shot doesn't do shit unless you have a million shots.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1515x868px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1515x868px
>>50740370
>>50740424
>>
>>50740424
I was being facetious, smartass. Trying to inspire nurgle anon.
For future reference I will label all my posts as sarcastic for your convenience.
This is one of them btw.
>>
>>50740462

You don't know how lucky I am. Plus covering all 3 exorcists with her area of effect will be easy - it gives me an edge against a few of my regular opponents who like to hide squishy characters in tough units.
>>
>>50740479
Too bad Precision shots don't cancel out Look Out Sir.
>>
File: admech.jpg (82KB, 749x1024px) Image search: [Google]
admech.jpg
82KB, 749x1024px
>>50739291
Rly this again? Here another part of this Ad Mech stuff.
>>
File: admech0.jpg (150KB, 1000x1000px)
admech0.jpg
150KB, 1000x1000px
>>50739291
>>50740508
And another part of it.
>>
>>50740508

It literally has a Dwarf face in clear view.
>>
>>50740508

That's AoS Dwarf stuff. Look at the icon on the lower right.
>>
>>50740521
It's shitposting.
>>
File: admech1.jpg (66KB, 876x876px)
admech1.jpg
66KB, 876x876px
>>50739291
>>50740508
>>50740518
And more Ad Mech
>>
>>50740409
I'm looking at the 6e csm codex and it's just as guilty.

Unit rules are in the unit section, unless they're actually a wargear rule, in which case they are in the wargear section. Even if the wargear is exclusive to the unit. Oh, and some units refer to general rules in the brb, and some refer to general rules in the codex, which is of course it's own section. This is all 6e mind you.

The two sections are separated by a huge model showcase section. If that wasn't annoying enough.

So to get a complete understanding of the rules for a csm unit, you have to either carry two books, or if using ebooks manage to different epubs/PDFs, flipping between both constantly to reference rules that could have been contained on one page, but are instead spread out over several.

And your contention is that this is easier, than simply looking at a single page that tells you exactly how your unit works.
>>
>there are people who unironically think the rumor engine pictures are all of the same model
I saw some of them on dakka, it's scary.
>>
File: 5645626.png (1MB, 876x876px) Image search: [Google]
5645626.png
1MB, 876x876px
>>50740528
At least rotate it the correct way.
>>
So no Imperal Agents epub yet?
>>
>>50740508
>>50740518
>>50740528
I thought these were confirmed for being age of sigmar things
>>
>>50739535
Is there no way to get a LR without taking an extra detachment?

You're doing Noise marines wrong. Doom Sirens suck, take MSU with a single Blastmaster in each unit, that's the entire point of the split-fire addition. Don't bother with rhinos either.

Herald should also be kitted out and put with Daemonettes in the LR, I'm pretty sure there's some decent locus they can grab and being able to take AP2 at that high initiative is pretty useful againsts units who are decent in melee.

I'd personally scrap the seekers and Heldrake and take 6 MSU Noise marine squads instead to get the bonus and spend any spare points you got on Rapier weapon batteries.

This would just make the list straight up better at whatever you want to do.
>>
>>50740469
Damn, that looks good.
>>
>>50740581
>You're doing Noise marines wrong.

Son, the correct way to do Noise Marines is to kit them out with every single Sonic Weapon they can have, and then use two Sorcerers with Symphony of Pain to buff the shit out of them.

With Noise Marines, you go big or go home. Anything else is largely just a waste of points.
>>
>>50740578
No "confirmation" but its pretty clear its AoS.

That spindly robot arm thou. Could be AoS steam duardins or 40k Admech. Nobody knows.
>>
File: pic588817.jpg (121KB, 873x584px)
pic588817.jpg
121KB, 873x584px
QUESTION! Are the minis that come with Space Hulk the same scale as regular 40k minis?

I ask because they are clearly molded as Blood Angels, but I play Dark Angels. If the scale is different, I'll just paint them as Blood Angels. But if they're the same, I want to convert them.
>>
>>50740617
>Are the minis that come with Space Hulk the same scale as regular 40k minis?
Yes they are. And they best looking Terminators in existance. Their poses are just lovely.
>>
>>50740566
I downloaded it from wh community site. So it was rotated in the correct way.
>>
>>50740495
If anything it forces saves. You know the old Terran saying "Trust the Bolter"

Produce enough wounds and eventually something will fail a save. It basically the idea to focus a build around crit chance
>>
File: doubt.jpg (15KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
15KB, 200x303px
>>50740612
>Could be AoS steam duardins or 40k Admech. Nobody knows.
every time i look at the macro stubber arm of my mago I see an almost perfect matched i will be livid if isn't
>>
>>50740153
>>50740018
>>
>>50740625
Would I be looking at an obscene amount of work to remove all of the BA iconography?
>>
Any Imperial Agent stuff out yet? files, leaks, etc? I've been away for a while.
>>
Future 40k player here, interested in a cheap-ish, low-medium model pool army with good survivability which could be competitive. What would you recommed me from Dark Angels, Death Guard, Kdk or Admech/Skitarii?
>>
>>50740667

you would be looking at not an insignificant amount of work, yes.
>>
>>50740672
space memes
>>
>>50740672
dark angels

currently very cheap due to dark vengeance box content all over ebay
also safe pick due to loyalist muhreens
>>
>>50740672

Pic the one you like the most - NEVER build an army you don't like no matter the reasons.
>>
>>50740654
Sama. Its almost 100% identical. But I wouldnt be suprised if AoS duardins borrowed aesthetics from 40k admech.

>>50740667
Just google "Space Hulk Terminators". Loads of good pics. Doesnt look like its that hard to remove them.
>>
File: 545646777-3.jpg (156KB, 615x555px) Image search: [Google]
545646777-3.jpg
156KB, 615x555px
>>50740672
Xenos.
>>
>>50740612

The arm is obviously AdMech. It's identical to the Dominus' arm.
>>
>>50740713
And so we went to war.
>>
>>50740686
Fak. My backlog is already dizzying. I feel like adding a ton of conversion for Space Hulk would probably just doom it to the "likely never going to be done" pile. Maybe I'll start a BA army...
>>
Is it really that hard to start the game with Eldar?

I don't want one of those overpowered builds people talk about with Eldar, but I hear that, if you don't use them, they're really flimsy and punish every little mistake you make.
>>
>>50740723
So it seems. But all the other stuff seems AoS-oriented. Feels weird to have one Mechanicus unit between them.
>>
>>50740702
Would some inquisitors complement DA's playstyle well? They are the main draw for the Imperium for me, and DA robes would play the Catholic Space Nazi aspect to the maximum. (Inb4 muh DA fluff: I'd paint them as Guardians of the Covenant, successor chapter, no secret bullshit, xenophobic book burning warrior monks to the maximum, also great and easy color scheme)
>>
>>50740601
are you confused anon? Did you just read the tactica and not look at the rules?

Symphony of pain debuffs an enemy squad, why would you need to take a single big unit to make the most use of that? Just makes it easier for your opponent to focus fire you.

Also doomsirens are shit because Noise marines want to be 24" away and moving closer , out of cover, just to use a fucking flamer template gimps their damage for no good reason, on top of costing more points.
>>
>>50740769
Thems the breaks.

Besides the powerful shit it's a point heavy T3 specialist army.
>>
File: 1424114285325.jpg (361KB, 1920x1310px) Image search: [Google]
1424114285325.jpg
361KB, 1920x1310px
>>50740769
Eldar all have shuriken weaponry that "bladestorm" on a roll of a 6 making it an ap2 ranged attack. All of them, even the guardians.
>>
Thinking of getting a carrying case for myself for christmas. Is the Skirmish one big enough to transport Land Raiders and Onager or would I need the Battle one? What's the biggest you can usually go with them in terms of points?
>>
Veridyan's sold out again, Jesus GW.
>>
>>50740831

Dammit. I don't want to just get swept every game unless I take the netlists.
>>
>>50740769

Not hard at all. Avoid D and scatbikes and you're pretty much good to go. Running a t3 army might take getting used to, but Aspects are fun as balls to play and rewarding when you do win.
>>
why are Antlers nurgle thing? i fail to see they have anything to do with death and decay
>>
>>50738771
>>50738956
>BLOWN THE FUCK OUT HAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Lol you conderpative trigger-fairies get your soft sensitive womanly conservafeels triggered into the stratosphere by consenting adults? Need a therapy session with Sean Hannity and a blanket for your safe space since you're out of your /pol/ & Reddit hugboxes?

L E L

E

L
>>
>>50740926
You can win, but if you get caught in the open or deploy aggressively and the enemy Seizes the initiative, you'll hurt.

So it's a matte or of using the right units on the right enemy and knowing when to take cover.
>>
File: IMG_5514.png (308KB, 546x700px)
IMG_5514.png
308KB, 546x700px
>>50740953
>>
File: qK2tBmj.png (14KB, 1322x131px) Image search: [Google]
qK2tBmj.png
14KB, 1322x131px
>>50740953
/pol/ is a Nurglite board
get diarrhea, faggot
>>
So which faction is the strongest?
>>
>>50740926

You don't need to take netlists dummy. Eldar codex has the best internal balance in the game. Only a handful of units outright suck.
>>
>>50740953
You're a fucking embarrassment, mate.
>>
>>50740981
At what?
Casual, meta, ITC, Internal balance?
>>
>>50740981
ORKS DA STRONGEST
>>
>>50739713
Not at all. Not unless you do something like Magnus in 850 points. That will butt blast some people.
>>
What would be a good way to add some flyers to an Admech army? Ideally looking for something that can knock out Stormravens reasonably well since I've been having some trouble with those with my one Icarus Array struggling against AV12.
>>
>>50741035
Whtat's wrong with it?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIb4HVz9kUE&t=1s

5 Minutes in totally new SoB... 7 minutes Totally new Inquisition.

God fucking damn it. Is like they are mentally retarded.
>>
>>50741047
Technically nothing, but it's obviously a shitty thing to do unless you say you're going to do it before hand.
>>
File: beest flier.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
beest flier.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>50741039
>>50741039
>>
>>50740900
Just go my email today telling me that mine is one the way
>>
>>50741003
Competitively.
>>
>>50740886
Anyone maybe?
>>
File: mannlet.jpg (214KB, 862x605px) Image search: [Google]
mannlet.jpg
214KB, 862x605px
>Currently play DE and Necrons
>Starting Raven Guard in 30k
What does this say about me, apart from that i have too much money to spend on plastic?

Post the armies you play too
Or are you scared
>>
>>50741083
CSM + SoB
>>
>>50741063
Yep, it's adorable and I want one, but wrong millennium i'm afraid.
Maybe I'll hold off on the air support till March, see what we get in IA14
>>
>>50741063
God damn I will jiss my pants off if IA14 will include rules for those.
>>
>>50741083
Orks
Nurgle CSM+ Daemons
Eldar
Deathwatch
>>
File: 36.jpg (216KB, 643x1000px) Image search: [Google]
36.jpg
216KB, 643x1000px
Guys, I'm triying to make names for a World Eaters warband, but I can't really find the exact theme. It's between arabic and latin, but it's not really clear.
(Thousand Sons for example are easy, straight egyptian)
Does anyone know or have an idea about this?
>>
>>50741083
40k: Guard, Cult Mechanicus, Skitarii, Space Marines

30k: Iron Hands, starting Mechanicum

It says I like beep boops
>>
File: d3137f721116.jpg (140KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
d3137f721116.jpg
140KB, 720x540px
>>50741083

DE
Orks
SoB
and for lols the wulfen book means my 13th company are now legal again (I naturally have the old wulfen).
>>
>>50741132
Scions of Hashut
>>
>>50740287
Khorne does it and that nigga's made of magic
>>
>>50741132
>Does anyone know or have an idea about this?
They made a random accent up for Kharn in the audio books too.
Not even GW knows.

Latin works as Gothic for Terra born legionnaires.
Arabic kinda fits I guess.

Though Kharn might just be a name inspired by words like carnage.
So in honor of mayhem, you should at least have one brother called May. Or Ham.
>>
>>50741083
CSM and Eldar.

Iron Warriors and Biel-tan (Swordwind, baby!).
>>
>>50741150
>Charging Manz into obvious defeat

I don't know why people do this
>>
>>50739062
Are the original Space Wolf novels not in the mega?
>>
>>50741083
Orks but I'm trying to start this edgy melee-marines army I've always wanted to do.

Using blood angel, grey knight and chaos raptor bits I've made a command squad with captain and a assault squad.
I have no idea what I'm doing.
>>
File: 1456789219437.png (118KB, 332x450px)
1456789219437.png
118KB, 332x450px
>tfw my favourite armies are Orks and DE.
>>
File: when will they learn 6.png (416KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
when will they learn 6.png
416KB, 600x620px
>>50739062
>Hope it not another dupe Edition

What?
>>
>>50741187

They won the fight and rolled up the flank.
>>
>>50741083
1500 points nids
650 chaos space marine
650 space marines
200 dark elder
And I desperately want 1000 points of orks

Please send help.

I want to sell the space marines/ chaos space marines but I painted and converted them with so much love :*(
>>
>>50741083
40k orks, skitarii (used as tech thralls in 40k), techically spess marines and chaos spess marines with the 30k stuff.
30k bitterboys + admech allies and a weighty number too .
>>
>>50741083

Death Guard, and I'm considering Loyalist Marines of some kind soon.
>>
>>50741211

>Tyranid player

life is pain
>>
>>50740508
>>50740518
>>50740528
>>50739291
How do we know they are from the same miniature?, they might as well be from different factions, I see an admech arm, a dwarf construction, chaos thingy and an elf-like cloak
>>
>>50741132
Well, if you're looking for something fairly legitimate, then the 'Mubarizun' were about as scary Arabic as you can get- they were gladiatorial elites sent to cripple enemy morale. Sounds very WE (or maybe Night Lords), but really anything from the Rashidun or Persian armies will have an interesting meaning behind it.

For adding Latin, either do a derivative or just pass, picking a weird Latin word that means something very direct is Clichè at this point.

Overall, doing some light digging will serve you well for creating your army, for example if you want Bike/Bloodcrushers spam then the Sassanid were pretty cool, whereas more Bloodletters and Siege warfare the aforementioned Rashudin are your people.

Have fun searching and you may just learn some history along with getting a kickass warband
>>
>>50741243
>He careful ignores GSC being High tier

Wew.
>>
>>50741211
i dont get this meme about DE being bad

you have one of the best MSU and objective holding armies in the game, but because you are weak in kill points games makes them trash tier?
>>
>>50741132
Use ancient Mesopotamian names. Assyrians fit the lore of WE the most.
>>
>>50741211
I played my tau friend twice, once with my Orks and once with my Daemons.

The Orks were a desperate struggle just so I can almost win.
My daemons surges forward with stupid invulnerable saves and ate all his units.

The Ork game was honestly more fun.
>>
>>50741182
I guess I'll use mostly latin names and some others with random barbaric sounds like "Kargos", "Lhorke" etc

Also Brother berserker May-Ham might just have born lol
>>
>>50741083

IG + SoB.
>>
>>50741263

I'm a Tyranid player. I'm not a GSC player.
>>
>>50741267
Where do you think we are?
>>
>>50740886
No, it won't, it looks big enough to carry rhinos and dreadnoughts though.
>>
>>50741212
As a manlet 5'5" /fit/izen, this amuses me greatly.
>>
>>50741083

Necron since 3rd,
Orks since 5th,
CSM since 3.5 /TSons since recent
>>
>>50739667
Don't you need a platoon command squad to field veterans?
>>
>>50741083
What meme is this? I've been behind on AoS fluff. What did Mannfred do now? I hope Vlad is brought back and Isabella too, they were GOAT.
>>
>>50741301
this is a very good point, thank you for reminding me anon
>>
>>50741248
wow man, you really do know about this topic
>>50741271
and that's a nice idea also
>>
>>50741211
>tfw my favorite are Guard, Sisters and Inquisition

We were so strong once. We could have been so much more. We could have had Penitent Engine MCs, Faith Point pool that we could use multiple times, a forever respawning Celestine, a bike squad to replace rough riders, a more customizeable Inquisitor retinue that could assault out of a Land Raider, Sisters with Celestian statline and Celestians with Artificer armor, Leman Russes getting special rules to the snapfiring if you fired Ordnance.

So much could have been done.
>>
>>50741306
>so small he can't even see over the top

You just jelly you can go toe-to-toe with Warhounds.
>>
>>50739279
I play Dark Angels and I wouls actually be just fine with that. If all Space Marines were in the same supplement than we could at least gain access to the same wargear like Centurions and Storm Ravens. Im sure Blood Angels also wouldn't mind having access to grav
>>
File: best vamp.jpg (1MB, 1677x2194px) Image search: [Google]
best vamp.jpg
1MB, 1677x2194px
>>50741325
>Vlad is MIA/Dead
>Isabella is lezzing it up with Neferata
>Mannlet is basically Nagash's bitch (after being expelled to the realm of Shadow)
I miss him so
>>
File: 1468742740566.gif (2MB, 300x403px) Image search: [Google]
1468742740566.gif
2MB, 300x403px
>>50741267

Their current codex is shit compared to their last one. GW flatout nerfed everything that wasn't haemonculi related just to equally buff haemonculi stuff because of the book.

To wit: for nearly 20 years archons have been dedicated character killers and now the only AP2 CC weapon they get is unwieldy...on an i7 model.
>>
File: seduce.png (90KB, 600x600px)
seduce.png
90KB, 600x600px
>>50741083
Me not having army. 2poor 4 it.
>>
>>50739076
Tell me about the Sons of Orar, anon. Why are they better than those Chapters?
>>
>>50741349
I don't remember Isabella being mentioned in AoS. Where is she? I was also sure Neferata was straight now with Lord Harkon or whatever his name is.
>>
>>50741083
Necrons
Dark Angels
Mechanicum

Should have picked Iron Hands. Then I'd be full force beep boop.
>>
>>50741083
Currently own a Iron Warriors 40k army, and a Nurgle AoS army. All my others I sold on.

I'm looking to make a Night Lords army next, and then a Death Guard one after that. I'm also looking to make a Tzeentch themed warband for a AoS event coming up in the future.

I really like chaos...
>>
I've almost finished the ADB's Night Lords trilogy and I've loved it so far; is there any other 'required' Night Lords reading out there? And for that matter, is there any real Alpha Legion stuff? I loved the 'We Are One' short story.
>>
>>50741345
I bet my S10 genetically superior deadlift-skills wreck Warhounds in one go.

/fit/ was actually completely not its usual self when I got actual praises for DL:ing 330lbs as 5'5"/132lbs battlehobbit.
>>
>>50741083

That image is hilarious

IG
CSM
>>
>>50741396
Wow, a Chaos fanboy writes good Chaos books? What a surprise.
>>
>>50741365
I assumed that after End Times' ending basically saying that she took her back to Castle Stierniste
But then again it IS GW
>>
>>50741361
They're Ultra successors without shitty colour scheme.
White scars great colours bot not arrange Shitty.
Red like BA but actually looking good.
>>
File: 1481748571048.jpg (70KB, 562x530px) Image search: [Google]
1481748571048.jpg
70KB, 562x530px
>>50741396

>ADB shits all over Abaddon in the NL series
>He's now writing the Abaddon series

What did Black Library mean by this?
>>
>>50741396
lord of the night
ave dominius nox

>>50741446
memes have become real
>>
>>50741446
Don't forget
>NL fanboy with daddy issues writing the Emperor's novel
Of all the writers why the shitty chaos NL fanboy? Literally the worst choice.
>>
>>50739062
>Freshest Rules
>no Imperial Agents
>>
>>50741428
Yeah, but the ending was disgusting, degenerate hand holding with Queen Khalida, who was the original lesbian shit.

I just hate how they made Nefereta straight now. She was gay in WHFB and only fucked men for shit and giggles to control them. It seems to be she fucks men because she controls them and likes it. She still has her handmaidens and shit but there is no subtext. Especially since Khalida is dead.

>>50741446
ADB is utter shit.

>I love mysteries!
>oh btw, Chaos wins lol
>oh and the Emperor is such a pussy he can't kill a daemon
>Forget he kills a fully backed PRIMARCH from existence

ADB is a fucking joke and needs to be stopped. Just cause he writes an afterword going "I know this book will upset people" doesn't absolve him. Don't write it then. I want my Necrons potentially to be able to 'win' 40k, but you've just told me Chaos does. Thanks, asshole.
>>
>>50741492
Don't forget that ADB sticks a waifu into everything he writes
EVERYTHING
>>
>>50741491
Feel free to put up or shut up.
>>
How heretical would it be to ally dark eldar to slaanesh daemons?
>>
>>50741492
>>oh btw, Chaos wins lol

GW told him to write it, though. Because Chaos is like the main bad guy of the setting. Necrons stand to no chance of winning ever since Matt Ward ruined them.
>>
File: wander what.gif (2MB, 500x277px)
wander what.gif
2MB, 500x277px
>>50741506
>a waifu i
>>
>>50741513
Heresy doesn't enter into the equation
>>
File: 1439834115196.jpg (31KB, 502x432px) Image search: [Google]
1439834115196.jpg
31KB, 502x432px
>>50741491
>Un-ironically acquiring the AotE when every faction there is better represented on their codex/supplement
Anon please
>>
>>50741518
The only 1 i even liked was Lotara, because i like fiesty women
>>
>>50741524
Well Inquisitors Warlord-Ception is better than their own.
>>
>>50741490
>inb4 the shitposter posts the "Chaos wins" extract

You should never put people who hate a faction write a book about it. It's better for a fanboy to write a book for everybody than mix it up. Seriously. He just shits on every Imperial faction in Book 41 bar Blood Angels, but he can't help but make the Blood Angel the only fucking Space Marine EVER to reject bionics. He made the Emperor a douche. He made Arkhan Land an angry egotistical NEET. He made the Custodians dicks. He made a Daemon so powerful it can shrug off scores of Sister of Silences prescense, kill them, Custodians and Ad Mech en masse. Kill Warlord and Warhound titans and nearly kill the Emperor.

>>50741506
His waifu in book 41 was the Sister of Silence.
>>
>>50741516
>GW told him to write it,
anon got that ADB, chaos is best step dad pick?
because i think it summarizes it pretty well.
the dude worships chaos practically.
Some of his first works were revolving around chaos. most of his work is chaos.
most of the time he fellates them
>>
Anybody play on VASSAL? Is it still functional?
>>
>>50741492
>Forget he kills a fully backed PRIMARCH from existence

>HUUR DERP I WILL CITE LORE FROM A BI BOOK THAT IS 99% RETCONNED

The Emperor will get legit wrecked by Horus and will be saved by Pius stabbing Horus with Anathme.

Then Alivia would kick Malcador in the balls one more time before he reduced to dust.

SCREENCAP THIS.
>>
File: 1480306508254.png (2MB, 868x1732px)
1480306508254.png
2MB, 868x1732px
>>50741543
>>
>>50741083
SW
Tau
and
30k SW
I swear I'm not a furfag I just liked the idea of space vikings
>>
>>50741522
Are you saying dark eldar might be willing to work with slaanesh daemons?
>>
>>50741543
He outright admits that he's a Chaos fanboy. That doesn't fix shit.

>>50741553
If ADB writes it, probably.
>>
>>50741518
He have this weird tendencies of pseudo love relationships between many of his characters and female characters, just look at Ra herald and his weird shit wit the silent sister or Jago's relationship with the psyker child.
>>
>>50741492
>oh and the Emperor is such a pussy he can't kill a daemon

The first ever daemon. The oldest, most powerful individual daemon ever.
>>
>>50741537
You forgot to mention that this daemon is now abby's sword :P.
>>
>>50741563
When was this made? Was it before the Chaos Wins LOL shitpost spam?

>>50741608
Of course it is, anon! Chaos is BEST! A being who the Chaos GODS say is literally killing them is unable to kill a daemon.

He just wanted to try and tie le Dracyneth in because he's a prick. Fucking ADB is awful.
>>
>>50741597
It's ain't probably. It's as sure as Malcador's balls getting busted by Alivia's ancient and immaculate foot. In the last audiobook, Pius pulls a special vesion of the Anathme and says this one is made to kill a god.

He is travelling through time and space making his way to Terra. What is he going to do there? He is going to shank Horus.
>>
>>50741624
>A being who the Chaos GODS say is literally killing them

Source?

>inb4 an old retconned source.

Wew
>>
>>50741623
Wonder how that happened.
>>
>>50740458
Okay. That makes sense being in the Warp that long likely even upped the vampire factor. Which probably would go miles to explain the lighting claw love.
>>
How does one add to the Mega codex collection? I have a copy of the Space Marine codex that isn't in there
>>
>>50741652
Be'lakor and/or the Mephet'ran found the Custard running in the Webway and turned him into a sword and took him to the Eye of Terror so that their chosen champion/puppet would find it.

Or alternatively the Custard fell to Chaos and he is the faceless golden giant being who led Abaddon to the sword.
>>
>>50741645
I think it was The Vengeful Spirit. Horus is having a vision with the Chaos Gods and they go "plz help us Horus, Emps is killing us :( We just want to live in peace!"
>>
>>50741564
>Two of my armies wear power armoured fursuits.
>They don't have Viking themed helms
>They don't have Viking named units
>They don't have Viking inspired vehicles
>They don't have Viking themed formations
>I like space Vikings

Anon... maybe one day they will be...
>>
>>50741711
You mean Horus Rising. And you really believed the Chaos Gods?
>>
>>50741711
>Believing the Chaos Gods
>>
>>50741725
2ed they were.
>viking helmets
anon those
1. don't real
2. makes no sense in 40k
>>
File: IMG_0917.jpg (45KB, 420x350px)
IMG_0917.jpg
45KB, 420x350px
Anyone remember the weird campaign that gw had on their website between orks and space marines years ago? It had like 5 missions where the second one involved orks submarines or something, but the main goal was this massive cannon on a train the orks were trying to fire to win the game. I'm still struggling to recall its name or any further details.
>>
>>50741564

take the knot anon
>>
>>50741730
>>50741739
Regardless, the Emperor shouldn't suddenly be unable to kill a daemon.

>>50741702
>Custard

Why do you do this Carnac? Why do you give things stupid names?
>>
>>50741827
>Regardless, the Emperor shouldn't suddenly be unable to kill a daemon.

I don't see a problem with it. Justify this opinion.
>>
>>50741635
Yay for ruining fluff if that's true. GW never seems to understand people like certain shit and letting faggot fanboys like ADB write what they want just pisses people off.
>>
>>50741669
Originally I was calling them Warp Spiders, but now I'm thinking Children of the Dragon.

I'll try for a visual them similar to what was in the 2014 Luke Evans, Charles Dance Dracula movie.
>>
>>50741861
>Warp Spiders

That's already an Eldar unit, so good that you changed it.
>>
>>50741845
Because if he can't kill a daemon, then there is nothing stopping the Chaos Gods making loads of those type of daemons and sending them on to fight him. It just makes no sense. Why are they trying to kill him when he is no threat?
>>
File: 717.jpg (89KB, 482x641px) Image search: [Google]
717.jpg
89KB, 482x641px
>>50740667
>Removing BA iconography
>>
>>50741845
How about you try and justify Chaos fanwank written by a self confessed Chaos fanboy? It's just mary suedom of the highest order because CHAOS IS DA BEST.

Stop trying to justify terribly written stories because they happen to be 'on your side'.
>>
>>50741891

he just wants to be competitive though anon
>>
>>50741885
How do they reproduce the first Daemon? It's not a type of Daemon, it's unique, and probably not from one of the Chaos Gods because it came before even hey did.
>>
File: ac5.jpg (75KB, 600x842px) Image search: [Google]
ac5.jpg
75KB, 600x842px
>>50741492
>degenerate hand holding with Queen Khalida
>mfw
>>
>>50741902
By finding the First Rape daemon. By finding the First Disease daemon. By finding the First Lie daemon.

Then doing the same for Eldar and every other non-human who powers the warp.
>>
File: 1418424256394.png (951KB, 1600x1800px)
1418424256394.png
951KB, 1600x1800px
>>50741907
WHFB was full of forbidden love n my head
>>
>>50741924
Who says those daemons will be anywhere near as powerful?
>>
File: durrminator2.png (414KB, 367x600px) Image search: [Google]
durrminator2.png
414KB, 367x600px
>>50741900
Then again I didn't even bother making modifications to the Dark Angels models that came in Dark Vengeance, I just slapped red on em.
>>
File: 1478877990148.jpg (38KB, 576x544px)
1478877990148.jpg
38KB, 576x544px
>>50741534
>exchanging servo skulls for lol random warlord traits
>>
>>50741948
By the author writing them to be? He did it once, he can do it again. Not difficult.
>>
>there are people
>in this VERY THREAD
>defending ADB's fanwank

HOLY MOTHER OF WEW.
>>
>>50741879
-face palm- Yeah. The lore I've written so far, cliffs note version is:
1. Custodian Sent them on mission to map Imperial Webway remains and determine if it can be fixed.
2. Upon return ready to give report Ordo Heretical and S.o.B. Waiting for them. Demand they hand over the report so it can be destroyed.
3. Battle fought, they fled into Webway, and eventually to eye o. Terror, joined chaos for survival. Lucius took them in to bolster his numbers.
>>
>starting taking Veridyan off sprue
>sweating bullets hoping nothing snaps
>sword is slightly bent
>gently try to straighten it
>give up out of fear
>assemble model
>undercoat
>sword is now magically straight

Indeed empy-chan doth protect.
>>
>>50741220

Keep them. You'll regret it otherwise.
>>
So as derpy a question as this is, what Death Guard units get the new rules? Do the rules add on to previous rules kind of like how SM models have Chapter Tactics and get them even in an Unbound army or is it like how BA only get Red Thirst in certain detachments?
>>
>>50741220
>selling models you spent time on and filled with love
Only a monster would do this. Keep it so one day when you have children you can give them an army to use as their own and then fucking rape them again and again.
>>
>>50740947
Deer skulls and antlers falling out during autumn have always been a sign of death and decay at the end of the seasonal cycle of death/rebirth.
>>
>>50741827
>Why do you do this Carnac? Why do you give things stupid names?

Why do you act like I invented that name for the Custodes?
>>
>>50741083
>mannlet
holy fuck
>>
File: shoo shoo.jpg (147KB, 750x688px) Image search: [Google]
shoo shoo.jpg
147KB, 750x688px
>>50742106
But wait, There's More
>>
How to best make bolter acolytes?
>>
File: 1478142368891.png (609KB, 1000x731px) Image search: [Google]
1478142368891.png
609KB, 1000x731px
>>50741083
CSM/Renegades and Heretics/Starting Tsons
>>
File: manlet.png (716KB, 1433x287px) Image search: [Google]
manlet.png
716KB, 1433x287px
>>50742106
>>50742119
/twg/ warhammer memes.
>>
>>50741924
Echo of the First Murder is Undivided. You know what that means? It's a free agent. It does not directly serve any god. It acts only on its instincts and drives as well as the shifts of the Great Game of Chaos.

So while there might be many daemon entities at its level, the Chaos Gods have no direct say on how they act or what they are going to target. Which is probably why that particular daemon found itself inside a sword.
>>
>>50741764
Are you possibly looking for White Dwarf 349?
>>
File: 40kek.jpg (29KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
40kek.jpg
29KB, 292x257px
>>50742130
>>
File: mannlet BTFO.jpg (165KB, 466x379px)
mannlet BTFO.jpg
165KB, 466x379px
>>50741325
It's just people mocking mannfred for acting like a big spoilt child in the end times and fucking up the setting out of sheer spreg rage.
>>
>>50741952

The toga thing works better than expected though
>>
File: Rifle_squad.jpg?v=1383088462.jpg (211KB, 1300x751px) Image search: [Google]
Rifle_squad.jpg?v=1383088462.jpg
211KB, 1300x751px
>>50742126
In flack, guardsmen.

In power armour, maybe some of the dreamforge eisenkern guys?
>>
>>50742126
I hand Guardsmen Skitarii Galvanic Rifles, since I can count them as Bolters or Storm Bolters depending on how many points I want to spend.

You could always just give some guardsmen bolters. If you want Carapace, Space Marine Scouts work as well.
>>
>>
>>50741899
I justify any story even if it against my side because I am not biased doe.

The End of Empires is older than the Emperor and it's connected to every single human in existence across time from the start of humanity to its extinction.

It's the sin of mankind and its judgement made manifest. It's here to punish mankind for its evil, and it hungers for the souls and flesh of evil murderous men.

And who is more evil and bloodstained than the Emperor among the masses of mankind?
>>
Guy, help me. I have no god damn idea what the Alpha Legion's naming scheme is when they aren't just being Alpharius.

Where the fuck are names like "Armillus Dynat" and "Jagharthra Thrax" (from the Lexicanum "list of Alpha Legion members") supposed to be from?
>>
>>50741845
In the book a wolf of ash and fire the Emperor is shown to have the power to crush an enemy essence into nothingness, this power is the one he ultimately use to destroy Horus and forced the chaos gods to cut their connection to chaos powered Horus.
>>
>>50742195
>And who is more evil and bloodstained than the Emperor among the masses of mankind?
Anyone who take BL as canon.
>>
File: Mannfred the Smug.jpg (42KB, 878x493px) Image search: [Google]
Mannfred the Smug.jpg
42KB, 878x493px
>>50742152
>‘Vlad told me to pick a side, and I have, master. Better to be the right hand of anarchy, than the slave of Nagash. Walach was right, the blood-soaked fool. Aye, and Kemmler as well. You are nothing but a disease, Nagash… a plague on all the world, and with this power, I shall drive your midnight soul into the void forever. And it shall be me who rules this world, and rides its corpse into eternity. The world shall have a new Undying King, and you shall be forgotten!’

-t Mannfred the Based

Mannfred was based in the End Times. People are just butthurt about him causing the world to be destroyed and not for any other reason.

The guy remained true to himself to the very end and choose to send the world into ruin rather than be a slave. ANYONE would have done the same.
>>
>>50742201

apparently Armilus is a jewish name and Jagratha is Malayalam. Like they take exotic sound names and add a few letters here or there
>>
>>50742208
>use to destroy Horus and forced the chaos gods to cut their connection to chaos powered Horus.

Gonna get retconned. The Emperor is weak versus direct exposure the power of Chaos Gods.

Also the Emperor admitted that destroying the shard of the Void Dragon was something beyond his power.

So he is far from omnipotent.
>>
File: 9720.jpg (12KB, 192x196px) Image search: [Google]
9720.jpg
12KB, 192x196px
>>50742224

Aye, and mad love to based Walach... always.
>>
I'm going to do it. I'm going to run a harlequins, slaanesh daemons, dark eldar army unless one of you talks me out of it.
>>
>>50741695
This
>>
>>50742312
I'm so sorry.
>>
File: 1449278904129.png (34KB, 210x249px) Image search: [Google]
1449278904129.png
34KB, 210x249px
>>50742312
>>
>>50742246
>Master infiltrators and manipulators
>Jewish names
What a total coincidence.
>>
>>50742262
Shut up carnac, nobody cares about your head Canon and your repeatedly ignored by GW and FW Canon from BL.
>>
File: Red.jpg (243KB, 812x810px)
Red.jpg
243KB, 812x810px
>>50742361
>>
>>50742312
Slaanesh just sees the other 2 factions as a snack, like tyranids see the rest of the game.
I'm not trying to talk yout of it, use your plast men like you enjoy, but i doubt it makes sense in fluff.
>>
File: oysid.jpg (111KB, 650x489px)
oysid.jpg
111KB, 650x489px
>>50742361
>>
>>50742412
Nope, GW mostly acknowledges BL material and onlt rarely retcons it.
>>
File: adb bingo.png (64KB, 768x820px) Image search: [Google]
adb bingo.png
64KB, 768x820px
I know the thread's nearly dead but I made a shitty thing anyway.
>>
>>50739062
Now that AotE is out, what can we expect for 40k in the near future? I would like some new Admech and skitarii units.
>>
Stupid question but is anything set to release next saturday?
What will be GW's next release?

Imperial Agents seems like a flop to me, I like to play inquisition and ally in grey knights and assassins and all that but if all they did is copy paste the rules then I wont bother.
>>
>>50742496
Like what? Because BoP was a big BTFO to BL version of the scouring of Prospero.
>>
>>50742553
Spire of dawn was supposed to be ne new thing but went live to early by accidwnt
>>
>>50742562
WoM. It's full of Bl references and BL backstories.

Prospero is a maelstrom of retcons because GW cannot agree on what to do with it. Crimson King and the next Black Legion novel should adjust the canon to the new direction.

Anyways, brb.
>>
Canoness Veridyan back to sale!
Sweet!
Out of stock! The bastard went out of stock in minutes!
>>
File: 1445542371204.jpg (59KB, 488x480px) Image search: [Google]
1445542371204.jpg
59KB, 488x480px
>>50742505

>ADB had the entirety of the Word Bearers and Night Lords Legions cry
>>
File: WHAT DOES IT MEAN.png (186KB, 996x644px) Image search: [Google]
WHAT DOES IT MEAN.png
186KB, 996x644px
>Pre-order
>Sororitas Rhino
What does it mean?
>>
>>50742681
Nothing. It always, ALWAYS means fucking nothing.
>>
>>50742591
>WoM. It's full of Bl references and BL backstories.
Which is already established Canon BL expands only already know Canon, and when they write newe stories is when we have loli psyker waifus and super shadow secret Marines.
>>
File: 1413997592783.jpg (24KB, 760x600px) Image search: [Google]
1413997592783.jpg
24KB, 760x600px
>>50742681

>delivering to Canada

Has Mullah Justin Trudeau outlaw christmas yet?
>>
>>50742681
It specifically states there's not even a transfer sheet in there.

Literally just a rhino.
>>
>>
>>50742505
Why does he love the BA so much? They're my favourite chapter, but he randomly puts in so much shit for BA it doesn't make sense, even when there is no need.

Also, Laurie Goulding really sucks ADB dick as well. It's utterly baffling. He also is a dick. If ADB and Goulding left BL, it would improve 10 fold.

Also I wouldn't say Land is well written. He is an autistic dick who is completely unlikeable. He's also shat on by all his other characters.

Also, where did Daddy Issues come from?
>>
>>50742777
Nice trips
>>
File: cananada.png (352KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
cananada.png
352KB, 1080x1350px
>>50742730
>>50742681
>>
>>50742730
Not yet. It's cold as fuck though and snowed quite a bit.
>>
>>50742854
Dollar parity a few years ago was great. I used to buy tons from England and it was still cheaper than here.

I'm just glad that GW hasn't inflated the price of minis to match what it should be.
It's cheaper to buy in Canada than the US currently and most places give 20% off. Feels good man.
>>
>>50742657
Crying is manly you shitlord!
>>
>>50742852
Thanks, any idea where these books are in the archive or if they can be downloaded elsewhere?
>>
>>50742846
>Why does he love the BA so much?

Blood Angels are pretty emo, also have daddy issues of a different sort.
>>
>>50742771

Which is terrible since the immolator is the betterk it by far. Not only do you get the SoB iconography you also get the kawaii turret.
>>
>>50742697
>Which is already established Canon BL expands only already know Canon

And back. Madox, new Magnus, and Ahriman backstories are purely BL from John French's novels.
>>
>>50742914
Swine! Madox is a pure being, a William King creation.
>>
>>50742902
In a way, I guess. But ADB has done that. It shouldn't be like that, but he's made it. BA aren't emo until AFTER the Heresy. Yet ADB has made them emo before hand. It's annoying as fuck.

As for daddy issues, it's more admiration than daddy issues. But ADB has made it daddy issues. I don't get why.
>>
>>50742877
Nah. GW is overpriced shit! That's what /tg/ told me. It's always overpriced. Doesn't matter why. It's overpriced. Unlike based Warmahordes.
>>
>>50742888
If the epistolary torrents still exist you might find them there, otherwise google for it.
I don't pirate anymore so i don't know
>>
>>50742961
>As for daddy issues, it's more admiration than daddy issues.

Look at it from ADB's point of view.
Blood Angels suffer incredible mental trauma because of their dad's actions.
>>
>>50742950
I know. Forgot to add King in that post
>>
>>50742986
>warmahordes
>based
Models look like shit.
GW could stand to be cheaper but it is, model for model, cheaper than other games. Sure, you need more models for bigger games but I don't give a fuck. I paint and model more than I play regardless.
>>
>>50743013
I get that, that's fine. But the Blood Angel is Book 41 is literally emo and ADB has the Custodian be a complete dick about it.

He had to literally invent new lore (that Space Marines can reject bionics) to make the BA emo.
>>
>>50743047

>Models look like shit.

This.
>>
>>50742913
And the immolator sold out too. Right as I was going to buy one.
>>
>>50743047
Literally everything could be cheaper. GW is fine. But memers will keep memeing because they don't even bother to check up on other companies.

>>50743063
Based you mean!!
>>
How do I Harlequin Kill Team?

For specific target elimination is a power sword better than the, Harlequin's Kiss?
>>
Whats the deathwatch formation in Agents of The Inperium?
>>
>>50741524
astropath is better than in the astra militarum codex.
>>
File: Alpha Legion - 1500pts.jpg (196KB, 900x1129px) Image search: [Google]
Alpha Legion - 1500pts.jpg
196KB, 900x1129px
How am I looking, /tg/?
>>
>>50743059
>BA emo

That guy was far from being emo. He was a nice person stuck among dicks. Did you see how he treated the human children and how he views humanity?
>>
>>50743215
I did, but ADB made him out to be emo because he couldn't fight or play his instruments or paint or whatever. ADB went out of his way to change engrained fluff just to give the BA some negative shit, because FUCK having a loyalist who is competent.
>>
Does GW have a rule about how many third party parts you are allowed in your army at their stores, and if so, what are the limits?

I want to build some artillery by mounting third party guns on Chimera chassis, and I'm wondering if they'd allow them.
>>
>>50743133
There isn't one, just a kill team.

>>50743288
I don't think they allow anything more than maybe headswaps?
>>
>>50743078
>sold out

Fuck, really?
>>
>>50743288
The model has to be 80% Citadel.
>>
Salutations Imperial citizens!

I am searching for the latst part of The Beast Arises series (The Beheading) in audiobook form which...seems to not be anywhere in the omnissiah interwebz. With audiobookbay down, 4 chan seems my only hope.
Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi?
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 1480pts.jpg (281KB, 900x1214px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 1480pts.jpg
281KB, 900x1214px
>>50739062
Making a fun list. Not sure what to round it out with for the remaining points for anti-tank. I'm torn between Heavy Weapons Squads or artillery. I'm aiming for about 2000 points, but the point calculations on this are wrong. Straken's squad is 50 points more expensive.
>>
>>50743309
Really. And they're £30-50 on ebay.
>>
What does /tg/ have against ADB? Are the corpse-worshipers really THIS mad that they don't get to be the snowflakes anymore?
>>
>>50743350
/tg/ actually likes their dad's.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-17-14-48-03.png (306KB, 720x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-17-14-48-03.png
306KB, 720x1152px
>>50743339
Just checked...
>>
>>50743337
with about 500 points left you could get some melta vets and a few heavy weapon squads. Keep in mind that heavy weapon squads fold like paper.
>>
>>50743310
OK then, I am just mounting a gun on the back of a Chimera, so I think it would be fine if it's by parts. If by mass, then it might be a bit finnicky, so I may have to use the FW arty gun instead. Do you know where I can find the guidelines?
>>
>>50743374
?
>>
>>50743380
>$2.75 more for iconagraphy and turret
Why even sell the rhino kit.
>>
>>50743319
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>50743431

That's how it's always been. Hell, that's the only reason I have five immolators as it is. Back in WH, I didn't need that many immolators, but I bought them because they came with the SoB bits for next to nothing.
>>
>>50743409
Sounds good. I have 3 Autos and 3 Lascannons so that could be pretty good to add. I think with those there's enough points for a Manticore or another squad of Melta Vets.
>>
>>50741516
>GW told him to write it, though. Because Chaos is like the main bad guy of the setting.
except the recent months have shown GW gives no fucks about BL.that was clearly a choice by ADB and BL, not by GW.
>>
Synapse should be removed from the game. It's an unnecessary penalty for an already-shit army.

It's supposed to be a benefit, not a restraint that no other army has to deal with, just for the sake of having a restraint.
>>
>>50743509
>remove synapse
>don't remove instinctive behavior
Come on cruddy, make it happen!
>>
>>50743337
Here's the final version using the remaining stuff I have.
>>
>>50743380
They're out on the UK store.
>>
>>50743495
>except the recent months have shown GW gives no fucks about BL.that was clearly a choice by ADB and BL, not by GW.
Someone hasn't read Traitor Legions, Traitor's Hate, Wrath of Magnus or even the BRB.
>>
File: 13609778358339.jpg (447KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
13609778358339.jpg
447KB, 1200x1200px
>>50743509
>that no other army has to deal with, just for the sake of having a restraint.
>>
>>50743495
What did he write
>>
>>50743207
Give the Lord and the Sorc a bike, swap the Havocs for Bikers, swap the Flamers on the CSM for Meltas, maybe give one Chosen squad meltas as well. If you are using DV cultists, half of them has Autopistols, and not Autoguns, might save you some points and from some WYSIWYG issues. Oh, and they can also have Flamers for 5 points, so maybe give them those as well.
>>
>>50743509
I don't get why it's there either. It would make more sense if nids were ridiculous, but like you said, they are shit.
>>
>>50743509
>It's supposed to be a benefit, not a restraint

Pretty sure it is supposed to be a restraint.
>>
>>50743596

Are you implying Orks have anything like synapse?
>>
>>50743625

Oh, totally, Nids would easily steamroll Riptidewing if it wasn't for synapse keeping them in check.
>>
>>50743310

How the hell do you measure THAT?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-17-13-50-39-1.png (258KB, 1440x1166px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-17-13-50-39-1.png
258KB, 1440x1166px
If I attach this mago into a unit, does that unit gain every single ability also?

Will my guard blob gain Relentless, FnP, etc? Of course IWND would be great as well.
>>
>>50743350
>Are the corpse-worshipers really THIS mad that they don't get to be the snowflakes anymore?
>HURR loyalists are totaly mad about the imperium not being invincible and totaly not mad about the shti writing and retcons of BL that makes chaos out to be DA BESTEST EVAR!!!1! and ruins what was once an interesting and decent narrative DURR
black library is shit. they have, over the course of the heresy series, ruined almost everything they could about the setting. making chaos already win, making the primarchs into retards, making the emps get his powers from chaos, perpetuals, the pahros device attracting the nids, daddy issues everywhere, abadons sword ahving THE BESTEST DAEMON EVAR NOT EVEN THE EMPEROR CAN KILL HIM, the heresy being a sideshow to the webway project, the imperium tipping fedoras, emperor not giving a shit about his sons yet somehow also not just killing angron and all the other problem children, nikea banning all psykers not just sorcery, etc. etc.
these are undefendable choices that make the setting worse, no matter what your faction.
Black Library was a mistake
>>
Is the terminator captain in the start collecting box worth using in a proper game? i feel like a librarian is a better hq choice and even if I went with a captain Id go with artificer and a jump pack if i really wanted deep strike
>>
>>50743628
He's an Orkfag looking for sympathy. never reply to such cancer again.
>>
>>50743642
Shut up.
That Nids are shit doesn't change the fact that synapse is supposed to be a restraint.
>>
>>50743593
>Someone hasn't read Traitor Legions, Traitor's Hate, Wrath of Magnus or even the BRB.
someone hasn't read WoM, the grey knights codex or the BoP fluff. GW picks a chooses what they use from BL, they do not treat it as 100% canon. as such, we should apply the same methodology and ignore all the stupid shit BL comes up with,
>>
>>50740974
>>50740975
>>50740991
>n-n-no, y-you're shit, anon
>muh tumblr meme
>getting this anally annihilated

Don't acknowledge trolls. Jesus, cuckservatives are fucking retarded.
>>
>>50743675

What is it meant to restrain?

Even if Nids were good, Synapse does nothing but take agency away from a Nid player. It's not fun, it's not interesting, it's a dumb thing that Nid players have to grit their teeth and bare because "that's how it's always been".
>>
>>50743662
Daddy GW beats him every day.

Pity the poor guy.
>>
>>50743607
in Master of mankind he bassically said the heresy doesn't matter, the chaos gods cared only about the webway and they stopped it so they already won.
>>
Just watched the twitch stream for 1ksons vs yiffs.
Wow
I can't wait to see Gw try and do the damage control for this.
>>
>>50739062
>>50739062
The digital edition of codex imperial agents is now out
>>
>>50743712
What would the web way do?
>>
File: Tau Faggotry.jpg (369KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Tau Faggotry.jpg
369KB, 1024x768px
>>50743662

Taufag detected.

KY weaboo.
>>
>>50743310

Yep, this >>50743649
No idea whether that is by parts, mass, cost, any number of other things that can't be easily quantified in a store with a finished model.
>>
>>50743713
Control what? It was a lucky shot.
>>
>>50743728
allow mankind to stop using the warp for travel. and apparently allow mankind to not ebcome a psykic race or some shit.
It's really fucking stupi.
>>
>>50743684
Nope, GW mostly adopts what's in BL. It's 100% canon until proven otherwise like everything else.
>>
>>50743742
>>50743649
Dunno. It's what I was told. I think it mean you could change the head and add 'bits' to a model, but you can't use another companies shit, like Raging Heroes, without getting told to put it away.
>>
Forgive me thread, for I have sinned.

Today I gave GW money.
>>
>>50743754
I thought emps wanted humanity to become psychic
>>
>>50743757
Also a lot of WoM is basically lifted off John French's novels so using it as example is counter productive.
>>
>>50743625
No. In 2e it was literally "while in this radius your army is Fearless", exactly the way it works with the Patriarch in Genestealer Cults, with no penalty associated with being outside of it other than being subject to normal morale rules while having relatively low leadership.

In 3e they added Instinctive Behavior, which gave a little more flavor to having units outside of synapse, but the penalties for failing IB were not that punishing. In 4e they even toned them down by having units outside of synapse fall back towards the nearest synapse creature instead of the table edge.

Then Cruddace came into the picture and surprise surprise, IB became a HUGE nerf along with LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE IN THE CODEX.

IB being a restraint is a Cruddex convention, not the way it was intended to be.
>>
>>50743775
REE YOU SHOULD BE BUYING FROM GOMMIES IN GHINA :DD
>>
>>50743746
The entire pre game was 30 min of magnus is hard, really hard. He's going to walk through the space Wolves.
Oh wait shit no never mind he's dead. Woops.
>>
File: 160927210830.jpg (35KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
160927210830.jpg
35KB, 780x438px
>>50743775
Yeah, well I bought a £100 AoS Battleforce.
>>
>>50743796
Jesus christ, what the fuck were you thinking?!
>>
>>50743791
I absolutely would if I could find one with a decent SoB range.
>>
Is the Imperial Agents and Traitor Legions epubs up?
>>
>>50743757
>GK codex says that there is the Terminus Decree if the Imperium is in dire shit
>Eldar codex says that Eldar will get their gods back to fight Chaos
>Necron codex says that Necrons will awaken and seal the warp away
>Nid codex says the Nids will eat everything and become rulers of the universe
>Tau codex says they'll master technology and rule the galaxy
>Imperial codex say various potential things could happen

>ADB writes a book: Lol Chaos wins. T. Whiny Emperor

Uh-huh.
>>
>>50743810
You're first to try out the anti-gravity concrete boots I've designed, now step into this helicopter, anon...
>>
File: nEg5ZW.jpg (470KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
nEg5ZW.jpg
470KB, 1024x768px
>>50743804
I've always been weak to gold muscle plate tbqh.
>>
>>50743794
Well there you go, that's the "damage control".

"Woops".
>>
>>50743780
not anymore apparently.
>>50743775
so?
>>50743784
WoM confirmed that SoS are living in the imperial palace, going against bassically all BL fluff on them post heresy.
in the same book GW both uses BL fluff and goes against it. so unless you can go through all GW material and objectivley prove that the vast majority of the time they agree with BL, the logical conclusion is that GW picks and chooses what to adopt from BL, and as such the playerbase should follow that example.
go ahead and substaite the claim that
>GW mostly adopts what's in BL
go through every fucking GW book and show that that is true the majortiy of the time. if you actually do that, then I'll concede your right. until then the most we can say is sometimes they do sometimes they don't.
>>
Page 9, new thread when?
>>
>>50743713
I keep seeing people mention this, what was it and why should I care?
>>
>>50743880
Magnus got one shot by a helfrost cannon. This was right after they were jacking him off for 30 minutes.
>>
>>50741516
This is wrong. ADB literally writes at the end of the book that he was under no orders to write anything. He wrote what he wanted to write.
>>
>>50743880
There's a twitch vod

warhammer/v/107841676

What >>50743890 said.
>>
>>50743880
The second ever official GW studio livestreamed 40k match.

Was supposed to be a narrative game of Thousand Sons vs Space Wolves showing off the new stuff from Wrath of Magnus. All this hype about how epic Magnus was and stuff, and then top of turn 2 he got blow the fuck out by a lucky Helfrost shot from the Wolfbus and Thousand Sons were completely humiliated and tabled before the end of turn 3.

Sure really made people wanna invest in playing 1ksons I bet.
>>
>>50743890
I thought he had EW so he couldn't be removed from the table? Or am I misremembering the rule wrong.
>>
>>50743908
Anyone who watched both games, was the GSC vs Ultras one any good?
>>
>>50743913
Nah, Helfrost is bullshit. It just removes you from the game, not instant death.
>>
>>50743913
He doesn't, and even if he did hell frost is "remove from play" not instant death so it wouldn't save him.
>>
>>50743913
EW protects from Instant Death specifically, not from other special rules that cause things to be "removed from play".
>>
>>50743784
Gouding literally said that SoS no longer exist after 34M. He said SoS are dead and don't exist in 40k. Wrath of Magnus ends with the High Lords ordering the SoS out of the Imperial Dungeon to go and fight at Cadia.

GW doesn't give a flying fuck about BL and will regularly retcon it if they don't like it.
>>
>>50743924
>He doesn't, and even if he did
He does, don't lie.
>>
>>50743924
He does have EW.
>>
>>50743830
>>GK codex says that there is the Terminus Decree if the Imperium is in dire shit

We don't know what exactly it is. And by the why in the 5th ED codex it has a veteran Grey Knight saying that the Chaos Gods will win in the end but he will fight on regardless.

>>Eldar codex says that Eldar will get their gods back to fight Chaos

Welcome to Death Masque and biggest fuck up of all time. No Ynnead = revived Eldar pantheon.

>>Necron codex says that Necrons will awaken and seal the warp away

No, it doesn't say that. The Newcrons have no intention of sealing the Warp.

And their codex says the Necrons MAY YET sweep all before them/ "May Yet" implies uncertainty.

And guess what the majority of the Murderclowns think of the Necrons? They see them as sideshows to the main show of Chaos.

>>Nid codex says the Nids will eat everything and become rulers of the universe

Their latest material says nothing about that.

>>Tau codex says they'll master technology and rule the galaxy

I don't think it says that but regardless the Tau got screwed in Mont'ka and a civil war + possible Leviathan invasion are coming their way. That's ignoring Farsight and the prophecy about him becoming the "mont'shaar".

>>Imperial codex say various potential things could happen

The majority of the Imperial codexes and negative note of the Imperium is fucked. The other establish some End Times plotline.

So we go into the main rulebook. Well, it says tese are the final days of the Imperium. It's ascension or damnation ahead of mankind. Either humanity ascend into a golden psychic or mass explode into daemons.

>>ADB writes a book: Lol Chaos wins. T. Whiny Emperor

And he would be right. Because even if humanity ascends into being powerful psychics, the power said, they would meet the same fate of the Eldar before.

Read the codex before complaining plox.
>>
FRESH MEME
>>50743965
>>50743965
>>50743965
>>
>>50743919
>>50743931
That's cool. I'm glad they didn't bullshit it. Magnus being killed at least shows he can be killed.

In their White Dwarf Battle Reports, twice they've done a Battle Report where a unit in AoS uses a ONE USE PER GAME ability more than once. I pointed that out (quite autistically) to them in a email once and they just went "oops" then did it again next month.
>>
>>50743858
>WoM confirmed that SoS are living in the imperial palace, going against bassically all BL fluff on them post heresy.

BL never said they are dead.

>in the same book GW both uses BL fluff and goes against it. so unless you can go through all GW material and objectivley prove that the vast majority of the time they agree with BL, the logical conclusion is that GW picks and chooses what to adopt from BL, and as such the playerbase should follow that example.

GW picks and chooses from all their sources to fit whatever direction they going with. So like I said unless anything said otherwise, the material is canonical despite your wishes.

>go through every fucking GW book and show that that is true the majortiy of the time. if you actually do that, then I'll concede your right. until then the most we can say is sometimes they do sometimes they don't.

Every single AoS novel and story. All of them and all their events are 100% canonical and whatever happens in them is in the Battletomes and Campaign books.

I'll take your concession now.
>>
>>50744026
>So like I said unless anything said otherwise, the material is canonical despite your wishes.
that conclusion is in way proved by the preciding evidence. actually prove GW defaults to BL being canon or shut the hell up.
and no, AoS doesn't dount, we're in the 40k general.
>>
>>50743539
correct me if I'm wrong here, but doesn't Karamazov already give everyone rerolls on LD tests, which makes the commissars & priests a bit pointless?
>>
>>50743655
Except all those things only make the imperium worse. If there was anything to nickpick it would be them treating the Chaos Gods as a unified entity, and Kharn getting bitchslapped by Abaddon with so little effort.
>>
>>50743731
It still blows me away how good the free hand on those is. Forgot that it's weebish it's all free hand, I wish I could freehand like that. My fantasy chaos would have awesome banners depicting beautiful women....because I could paint something that awesome.
>>
>>50743694
>cuckservatives
Tell me where uncle /pol/ touched you.
>>
>>50743374
some of us dont but then we dont write several books waaaing over it
>>
I have

3 F/HF sister squads w/immo
2 Melta Dom squads w/immo
1 full Seraphim squad
1 full HB Ret squad with sim
2 exorcists
Celestine

I also have about 20 or so extra bodies, including a flamer. I was supposed to have a HFlamer from my LGS, but he accidentally ordered a hand flamer Sera. Unfortunately, I already have 4 of them and its no use to me.

With Celestine gone, I guess I get 2 more immolators and a heavy flamer. One to finish off the troop choice. For a total of 4, and one to start the command squad for the HQ that will replace Celestine.

The real question is: will I need more than 7 immolators, /tg/?
>>
>>50743652
no, those rules are attached to the model. the only stuff your guard blob gets from him is rules that affect the unit. so the autocaeducus explicitly affects the unit, the rest of it does not.
>>
>>50744249
Celestine just can't be used in an Agents of Imperium list. She can still but used in a SoB list using just their codex. Apparently the point of that book was to make a quick set up bunch of lists so you can blend all these little parts of the imperium.
>>
>>50744388

I can't use her if I want to have elite command squads, which are good. I've been using them for awhile. The plasma helps against tougher units like Centurions, and being able to take 2 squads is that much better.
>>
>>50739535
How do you get the Chaos Rhinos to apear in the unit tabs?

I can't find them whatsoever.
>>
>>50744448
In which case you may want to use a Cannoness for a the time being. I heard something about a new SoB codex coming Soon(tm)
>>
>>50744675
There is a greyed out option near the top is for dedicated Transport when you double click the rhino to edit it.
>>
File: Children of the Dragon 1.2.jpg (223KB, 492x621px) Image search: [Google]
Children of the Dragon 1.2.jpg
223KB, 492x621px
So this is my first attempted Colorscheme for Children of the Dragon.
>>
>>50743880
Really lucky/unlucky rolls caused Magnus to get one shotted.

Was apparently a less than 2% chance of happening. It was great.
>>
>>50743984
They do WDs something like 3-4 months ahead, so they had already done that before you sent your email.
>>
>https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

This doesn't have SoB, does it?
>>
>>50743880
Probably used a SW frost weapon that causes the target to take a test or remove from play.
>>
What's your personal headcanon for what lasguns/cannons sound and and look like?
>>
File: Children of the Dragon 2.2.jpg (206KB, 504x599px) Image search: [Google]
Children of the Dragon 2.2.jpg
206KB, 504x599px
>>50745128
And this is my second thought.

What do you all think, which one looks better? Which one looks fitting for my guys?
>>
>>50745064
>>50744448

Ordered Veridyan today at a GW and the owner told me that plastic sisters were next year; found it weird since normally they don't get told anything, but with GW changing things up maybe?

Also, the owner does not seem like the sort of guy to lie, especially as he knows I only play harlies and just wanted the cannoness because I love blanche's work
>>
So, new sisters are real?
>>
>>50745542
I would treat it like a 30% chance of rain. If it happens you brought an umbrella. If it doesn't well you have an umbrella waiting for incase of an emergency.
>>
Also for Children of the Dragon.
What I have for the order from Puppetswar. 10 vampire heads 5 different designs (so 2 of each)
10 Hell Claws (aka Lightning Claws)
10 Storm Swords (aka Power swords)
10 Emperor's Children Shoulders
10 Vampire Shoulders

Anything else I should get?

That should keep me at about the 80% mark. Not that my FLGS would care but incase I take them to adeptacon or something at some point ever.
>>
File: Vamp Chaos Order.jpg (289KB, 1085x795px) Image search: [Google]
Vamp Chaos Order.jpg
289KB, 1085x795px
>>50745675
DAMNIT Forgot my picture
Thread posts: 485
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.