[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your character is part of a party of unexperienced PCs walking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1457275953095.jpg (203KB, 1600x1341px) Image search: [Google]
1457275953095.jpg
203KB, 1600x1341px
Your character is part of a party of unexperienced PCs walking single-file through a dungeon. Your character is at the front. This is their first adventure and your character has never had to venture into a dungeon before.

Your party comes across a long, narrow corridor with no features and seemingly no purpose. Knowing your GM, you are aware that this is almost definitely a trap of some variety but your character is not experienced enough to guess this or know this.

If you check for traps based entirely off of what you know about your GM's tendencies, aren't you metagaming?
If you knowingly lead the party into the trap because your character wouldn't be aware that a trap lies ahead, wouldn't you be putting your party at a mechanical disadvantage just for the sake of roleplaying?

What is the right path there?
>>
Either work.

If you check for traps claim its intuition or paranoia.

If you don't check for traps, use it as experience for being paranoid later on.

Also depends on how deadly the system is. In AD&D, I'd always check for traps. In Anima or Exalted? Fuck your traps, the Golden-Anus fears no man!
>>
>>50736367
>If you knowingly lead the party into the trap because your character wouldn't be aware that a trap lies ahead, wouldn't you be putting your party at a mechanical disadvantage just for the sake of roleplaying?
that is the entire point of roleplaying, yes.
>>
>>50736367
It really depends on your character.
Half of my characters wouldn't really feel comfortable taking the lead anyway. Those that do, are either supposed to be naive optimists or people who enjoy looking for traps and the like. The former would just charge in, the latter would take their time.
>>
>>50736367
Roll a wisdom check. If it rolls high than the character realizes 'This is suspicious, there might be a trap', if they roll low they don't catch on.
>>
>>50736367
>i am in a dangerous dungeon, i have no experience on dungeoneering so I am constanly nervous, and being the lead i have to keep an eye put for trouble
> this narrow corridor in which i can barely turn seems perfectly safe, right?
Unless your character is the most oblivious/ most arrogant cunt on this side of the sword coast, you have literally all the RP reasons of the wolrd to check for traps and not doing it would be, in fact, worse roleplaying than actually checking.
>>
>>50736468
>>50738480
>>50738533
That's it. Nothing else needs to be said.

>Except for your comment apparently haha
Great.
>>
>>50736367
You're in a dungeon, you check for traps.

>b-but you're inexperienced!
So you're fresh and eager. You're yet to grow sloppy.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.