[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would The Foundation universe, from the Isaac Asimov books, make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: bdinfuer4qw755mqoecf.jpg (52KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
bdinfuer4qw755mqoecf.jpg
52KB, 636x358px
Would The Foundation universe, from the Isaac Asimov books, make a good setting for a tabletop game?
>>
>>50729625
Honestly I would rather play in a game heavily inspired by foundation than a direct tabletop game. I think the early stories would be fun, uniting the star systems with superior technology and SCIENCE.
>>
>>50729783
I haven't read Foundation (though it's on my list), but that sounds like a more imperialistic Star Trek.
Boldly assimilating where no man has assimilated before
>>
>>50729957
It's literally the rise and fall of the roman empire in a sci fi setting.
>>
>>50729957
You should definitely read the first three, as they are excellent.

The others, not so much.
>>
I don't think they're really granular enough to work as tabletop games outside maybe Microscope, since the scope of the series is a thousand year stretch of time where entire generations kind of just have to get by as human civilization collapses and is generally bound to their own planets or subsumed by the Foundation for their own benefit.

Also the Mule was there at some point, but he was pretty quickly dealt with. And if any PCs try to influence the setting too much, they'd be dealt with in the same way through a means they have no defense against.
>>
>>50730203
You could say the same thing about the Bible

Doesn't mean it wouldn't make a great setting, even without the millennium-spanning JUST AS PLANNED.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.