[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The setting has monsters that are only vulnerable in moonlight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: FullMoon2010.jpg (2MB, 2580x2452px) Image search: [Google]
FullMoon2010.jpg
2MB, 2580x2452px
>The setting has monsters that are only vulnerable in moonlight and can spread their disease vamp style.
What can be some explanations for why they haven't steam rolled everyone else yet?
>>
A global system of moon mirrors / lighthouses that incorporate moon chunks.
>>
Just lazy
Blind in sunlight
Crippled in something else
>>
>>50728745
Moonlight collects in pools and veins, creating the metals Mercury and Silver, which can be used in all manner of crafts and ritual to make weapons and wards against the horrors of the unblinking Sun.

>>50728783
Probably something magical and/or metaphysical, depending on the setting.
>>
>>50728783
Magic rock bullshit.
>>
>>50728745
Their ambitions lie somewhere else than world domination.
>>
>>50728745
Conservationism. They've got enough intelligence to know that if they convert everyone, their population will swell so much that they'll begin fighting among themselves for limited resources. They don't want that, so they put limits on themselves. Better to be a big fish in a small pond than to be the only fish in a large pond.
>>
>>50728981
That's only a point of false stability. They're still converting atleast a few people and it only takes one of those deciding "Actually I'll turn all my mates and all their mates too." and the whole thing falls apart. Yes it's possible that the organised group could catch it early and stamp it out, but if the "spread this shit around" faction expands too far the traditionalists will be left with the choice of imitating or being massively outnumbered.
>>
>>50729047
> but if the "spread this shit around" faction expands too far the traditionalists will be left with the choice of imitating or being massively outnumbered.
What is lesser blood/thin-blooded for 500, Alex? What are generations for 100, Alex? What is antediluvians and elders for 200, Alex?
>>
>>50728745
They'e too fabulous to reproduce regularly. Like the pandas of the magical world.
>I can't entrust just anyone with these magical powers. I need to make sure that whoever I turn into a fabulous moonpire holds to my standards or else they'll turn on me in the future and kill me, or I'll have to deal with them forever.
Then they end up not turning anyone and dying in an accident. The ones that spread their disease a lot end up being killed by rivals or treacherous spawn.
>>
>>50728745
They don't want to. Imagine they are a secret society who doesn't want the common rabble to have access to their powers. They MAY have steamrolled everyone, but it wouldn't be by getting physically involved. They'd fight proxy wars, manipulate trade routes, etc. So they'd each be a group of loosely affiliated oligarchs who no one except the social elite even knows about.
>>
Crippling autism
>>
>>50729203
>They'e too fabulous to reproduce regularly. Like the pandas of the magical world.
So regular vamps put one male and one female in a room together and scream at them to fuck already?
>>
>>50729597
And all they do is glitter at each other.
>>
>>50729611
>>50729597
Then someone tries playing lewd music to try and get them going.
>>
>>50728745
they are also horribly paranoid. and they fear death. a lot. so better not fuck with others and stay with your own kin. turning others would involve a lot of accidents and afterwards crippling fear and frantic plotting to cover it up
>>
>>50728745
>only vulnerable in moonlight
>they're only out in the sun
What about Beastmen in Gurren Lagann? Subjugation of the masses for their benefit?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.