[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any good ideas for a holiday themed one-shot? I had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Anyone have any good ideas for a holiday themed one-shot? I had an idea of a party meeting at a town festival and festivities are interrupted by a holiday hating spirit.
>>
A man with deep pockets and no morals wants the party to travel to the North Pole, and put his name on the Nice list.
>>
Call of Cthulhu game about how Nyarlathotep stole christmas.
As in, he literally stole the concept of christmas, and the PCs are the only ones who for some reason can remember that there used to be a holiday on December 24th.
>>
A man with a beard hires the party to spy on a kid to figure out if the kid is nice or naughty.
The kid is extremely paranoid and extremely rich. She has all sorts of magical gadgets to make shadowing her difficult, and she keeps getting the adventurers into trouble whenever they sneak up on her, but she doesn't actively pursue them.

Can the adventurers outsmart an 11 year old kid with an attitude?
>>
Town is beset by pine trees that have awoken and are pissed that you cut down their family. They are hiding by decorating themselves as Christmas trees, and have gifts of angry woodland animals.
>>
>>50727842
An angel traps the party in a timeline where they were never born.
>>
>>50727962
>the PCs are the only ones who for some reason can remember that there used to be a holiday on December 24th.
?????
>>
>>50729735
the game's chronological setting is dec. 24. they realize there's a holiday tomorrow.
>>
>>50729735
>>50729757
I my country at least Christmas celebrations are pretty much all on Christmas Eve. On 25th, you just go to church at most (more usually, stay in bed because you've got a hangover).
>>
File: 1109352855929.jpg (21KB, 200x480px) Image search: [Google]
1109352855929.jpg
21KB, 200x480px
>>50727842
Chronologically starts the day of the meeting. Party learns that the santa mythos is a lie. Santa isn't an immortal guy who does good.He's a poor damned soul who's dragged kicking and screaming from the afterlife to power santa's sleigh. Something has gone wrong, and group of adventurers is needed to head to the north pole to complete the ritual that drags his tortured soul back from the afterlife and hitch him to the sleigh for one more year.

Comes with the natural a time limit of getting him back before christmas. Also, do they ruin christmas forever to do the right thing, or condemn this poor guy to one year of hell?

Bonus points because you get to make the two opposing factions elves (traditional knife-ears) as the evil antagonists who usually run this whole process against freedom-fighting militant canadian communist jews who just want to ruin christmas.
>>
File: 1451384826466.jpg (187KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1451384826466.jpg
187KB, 380x380px
>>50729462
>Players face when the christmas tree comes alive and starts attacking the villagers
>>
Players are tasked by some noble to collect a ceremonial sword from another noble as an act of peace at the end of a bitter war. This is just a framing device to get the players to stop over in a small provincial town at the edge of the wilderness.

Despite its incredible isolation from other main centers of habitation, the place is lively, bright, warm and welcoming to the weary travelers on the quickly descending winter evening. After a hearty meal in the small impromptu inn the village runs for the rare travelers, the locals are getting to gather at the little chapel for a holiday prayer. The players are asked by some locals if they'd like to come, but before they can answer, someone comes up asking if they've seen their kid, they were out playing in the snow with some others by the treeline and haven't come back in a while. Fearing some beast made away with them, the village elder asks if the players would accompany the blacksmith and a hunter into the forest to see if the kid's lost or something.

Turns out the Old God of Winter of the area, a forgotten spirit of the wilderness that hasn't been worshiped in hundreds of years ever since an old war changed the faith of the land, has awoken and demands sacrifice. The players must band together with the hardy villagers in the cold wintry darkness to fend off and defeat the mad old god.
>>
Jack Frost (or some fictional stand-in of him) decides to be a prick and turns a sleepy little town into a giant snowglobe, trapping the whole town under a mile-high dome of ice and a magic cloud that snows non-stop. The party could be in the town's inn sleeping when this happens, and they wake up to find killer snow golems and man-sized nutcrackers. If the party can't think of a way to beat Jack Frost, they and the rest of the village will be doomed to be statues in Jack Frost's personal playground for all eternity.
>>
>>50732222

>fictional

Shit, I meant lore-friendly. Damn your lack of an edit function, 4chan.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.