[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Call of Cthulhu >The Keeper give each player a mirror

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Cz0WOCZXgAAhb2w.jpg (42KB, 576x744px) Image search: [Google]
Cz0WOCZXgAAhb2w.jpg
42KB, 576x744px
>Call of Cthulhu
>The Keeper give each player a mirror "that he might periodically peer into it from time to time and doubt his sanity"
>>
>Stare into the mirror constantly
>Always say "Nope, still feel sane"
>>
>>50727559
>a few months pass
>still saying "Nope, still feel sane."
>but no longer holding any mirror
>>
>>50727681
>a few months pass
>no longer holding any mirror
>but you're still at the table with your group
>they've been waiting for you to roll the entire time
>>
>periodically from time to time

Suddenly a twinge of madness
>>
>>50727702
>a few months pass
>there's an empty chair where the player used to sit
>on it lies a mirror
>if you look in the mirror it whispers "Nope, still feel sane."
>>
>>50728620
>a few months pass
>there's a mirror showing the reflection of an old player
>everyone at the table looks at it and whispers, "Nope, still feel sane."
>>
>>50727481
>smash mirrors
>alternatively, cover with tarps
>have each player mess with each other players mirror
>spray paint over
>>
>>50727481
>look at mirror
>fail san check
>"As you realize that the person in the mirror is none other than yourself, you're shaken by the sheer impossibility of being here but also in the mirror at the same time."
>"Please roll 1d10"

>"As you look at the stars, you cannot overcome a feeling of fear at how cold and distant they are"

>"As you draw your pistol, it suddently hits you that such a small object cannot propel a ball of lead at a high enough velocity to cause any damage just by using a chemical reaction"

>"As you enter the manor, you realize that it is in fact much older than it appears. Probably built during the XVIIth century, way before your grandfather even existed"

I really had GMs remove sanity points for mundane reasons, it's really obnoxious.
>>
>>50727481
> Thank the keeper
> Pack mirror away
> Never look at it
> Stay sane
>>
>>50730246

I like to think this is the reaction of eldritch things entering our reality.
>>
>>50730246
So those reactions are entirely in line with the kind of shit lovecraft protagonists freak out over. Especially the stars one.
>>
>>50731453
Indeed it kinda seems he was trying to parody how weak mentally lovecraftian protagonists are.
>>
>>50730246
This shit right here is the number one reason I don't like mythos games. So much of the horror comes down to a description of something that is at best somewhat strange followed by"...and you are scared". In Mansions of Madness my character went nuts because they could not handle the fact that a guy, in a seaside town, left wet foot prints! Maybe he just, you know, had some sea water in his boots because he waded in a bit too deep? Nope, its downright eldritch and its time to light the town on fire!
>>
>>50727481
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzu2eeMlpIM
>>
>>50732180
No yeah that's how lovecraftian protagonists act.
>>
>>50730246
I refuse to believe this happened.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.