[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The previous thread hit page 15 before I could refute the Ch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 16

File: Carmen Sandiego 3.png (716KB, 970x552px) Image search: [Google]
Carmen Sandiego 3.png
716KB, 970x552px
The previous thread hit page 15 before I could refute the Chaosfag...so let's keep this going, because why not.

First, to keep the thread more directly /tg/ related: Tell me about your thieves, /tg/. What's the most impressive thing your characters ever stole?

Now, to move on to the meat of things:

>http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Immaterium

>The Immaterium is a dimension of the spiritual, created, sustained and influenced by intelligent mortal emotions and actions in the physical universe. The mind of every sentient being in the material universe save the Necrons and the C'tan leaves a psychic imprint within the Immaterium, and although the signature of one mind is almost insignificant in the energy or influence it generates, when the imprints of an entire intelligent race of billions upon billions of individuals are combined they have a huge impact on the very nature and shape of the Warp

Now, based on this, it seems to me that if the Milky Way were to disappear, then pretty much every daemon and Chaos God that we are aware of would likewise disappear. That is to say, while there may be a bunch of daemons and warp gods in the Triangulum Galaxy, M-33 Galaxy, Andromeda Galaxy, or the like, the ones that we are familiar with - Khorne, Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Nurgle, and their hosts - would just cease, since there is no longer anything fueling the warp with psychic energy. Chaos is not self-perpetuating, it needs thinking beings.

Is this correct, yes or no?
>>
>>50726215
Oh, and if it's incorrect, please cite sources.
>>
>>50726215
Nope.

The operative word being universe

>>that echoes and underlies the familiar four dimensions of the material universe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universe

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Gods

>The Chaos Gods, also called the Dark Gods or the Ruinous Powers, are powerful entities who inhabit and control the psychic dimension that underlies all physical reality known as the Immaterium or the Warp, created and sustained by the emotions and collective desires of every sentient being of the material universe.
>>
>>50726235
Chaos fag already cited plenty of sources in the old thread.
>>
File: 1481306678794.png (2MB, 1280x863px) Image search: [Google]
1481306678794.png
2MB, 1280x863px
>>50726215
Her Serenity thinks you're all just so many pieces of meat.
>>
>>50726215
>I could refute the Chaosfag

Carmenfags need to try and refute less and study what their waifu is teaching closer.

Shes got a counter now deal with it, next time dont badwagon a meme so hard, put a little thought into it.
>>
>>50726918
>>50727095
Chaosfag also got blown out at every turn in the last thread. Funny that.
>>
>>50726215
>The previous thread hit page 15
But anon, this board only has 11 pages

>pic related is your face when Carmen stole the last four pages from the board
>>
>>50726918
Those sources explicitly stated chaos was a side effect of sentient life, though. Specifically milky way life.

Which directly contradicted chaosfag's main thesis.
>>
>>50726215
That is correct.
It is funny that carmenfags know more about chaos than chaosfags.
>>
File: Carmen Sandiego 4.jpg (28KB, 600x199px) Image search: [Google]
Carmen Sandiego 4.jpg
28KB, 600x199px
>>50726918
Yeah, but his sources didn't actually contradict my argument; that is, even if the Warp continues in the broader universe, without the Milky Way then Chaos as we know it from 40K ceases to exist.

>>50726898
However, note that each of the four Chaos Gods has a "beginning", none of which goes back even 100,000 years. Slaanesh was fucked into existence by the Eldar around M25 to M30, for example. Let's generously peg it at M25, so 15,000 years before the "current" WH40K year. The Universe as a whole is around 13.5 billion years old, and yet for 13,499,985,000 years, there was no Slaanesh, despite there being incontestably life beyond the Milky Way galaxy in the 40K universe (viz. the Tyrannids) that could theoretically have fucked Slaanesh into existence.

Thus, Slaanesh was explicitly and exclusively created by the Eldar, fairly recently at that.

The other three Chaos gods all have relatively recent origins as well, though theirs are related to events on Earth that generally occurred sometime between 1 AD thru 1500 AD.

The question is not about whether or not Carmen can steal the entirety of the Warp. The question is, what happens to Slaanesh, Nurgle, Khorne, and Tzeentch if the Milky Way and, by extension everything in it, including every thinking being, simply disappears?

The very beings that fucked, fought, plagued or planned the Ruinous Powers into existence are simply gone, as is everything that is sustaining Chaos within a 100,000-light year radius.

I have read nothing in 40K that makes me think that the Ruinous Powers as we understand them would survive this.
>>
>>50727180
She stole my face!
>>
>>50727010
Her Serenity has never been shown to have a lick of power outside of Sigil.

And she couldn't even prevent Vecna from doing whatever he wanted in Sigil regardless.
>>
Why do people like Carmen and the Lady of Pain so much? I get Chaos, 'cause 40k, but the other two confuse me.
>>
>>50727299
Pretty much all sources on the subject say chaos requires people to exist.
No people, no warp.
>>
>>50727346
1) She didn't try to prevent Vecna from doing anything. She just showed up at the end of the module and fixed the Fulcrum.

2) We don't know if she does or doesn't have power outside of Sigil because she's never left. No one knows her full power or what she even is, and she's never left Sigil nor is even shown trying to leave Sigil. Saying she has no power outside of it is a fallacy.
>>
>>50727347
There's only one guy who likes Carmen. He keeps pretending that she can do things she actually can't so that he can be a contrarian.
>>
>>50727299
Somewhat related note.

So, Slaanesh was created when billions of Eldar were having planet-wide orgies and just otherwise giving into immense amounts of excess. S/he is the net result of all of that.

By comparison, Nurgle was created some time in the Roman Empire, mostly likely a result of the Plague of Justinian, wherein a couple million humans at most died.

So Slaanesh is the result of the collective will of billions of beings, while Nurgle is the result of the collective...plaguiness?...of a couple million, maybe generously as much as ten million.

And yet Slaanesh at his/her absolute strongest is stated to be weaker than Nurgle at his absolute weakest.

How does that make sense?
>>
>>50727371
Nah. Look at the last thread, there were at least 5 people blowing your asshole out.

Also, we've cited every last fucking thing, you lying toad.
>>
>>50727347
It's not any love for carmen, it is just tje result of a powerlevel argument where it was determined by the cannon of both universes carmen would whup chaos.

The chaosfag took offence at this, and tried to disprove it, but all sources cited backed carmen.

Now she has a real solid platform, and has won me over.
>>
>>50727371
It seemed like there was one chaosfag and everyone was pointing out how he was wrong.
>>
>>50727346
Vecna didn't violate Sigil's laws until the end of the story. So LoP didn't do anything to stop him because he wasn't breaking the rules. So long as you don't break the Lady's oddly specific rules, she doesn't seem to give a fuck what you do.

After he royally fucked up, she fixed it and gave us 3rd ed.
>>
>>50727371
There's way more than just me, dude, and at the moment we are sticking to her proven ability to steal the Milky Way Galaxy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pRVvuIWXG4

(I suppose it was technically speaking Robo-Crook with his hyper-hoover, however I don't see why Carmen couldn't operate the hyper-hoover herself when its just a somewhat large vacuum)
>>
>>50727422 >>50727367
Fair enough.

I killed her in a forum game once. In my defense, I was an edgy teenager at the time.
>>
>chaosfags do not know how chaos works
>Do not even read their own cited sources
>Make claims not supported by anything
>Outright lie when things don't go their way

This is why you guys always get stuffed by everyone in the plot.
>>
>24 posts
>9 posters
lmao
>>
>>50727469
>average of 2.5 posts per poster

Wow, that's... a number.
>>
>>50727386
>chaos making sense
No no. That's why it's called chaos.
>>
>>50727528
That's getting too meta for me, anon.
>>
>>50727522
Yeah...not sure what the point is.
>>
>>50727528
WH40Kids think that their chaos is actually chaotic, when it's fucking organized to hell and back.

They don't understand what chaos is or isn't, they just spout memes about WH40Shit.
>>
File: Carmen Sandiego.png (668KB, 500x602px) Image search: [Google]
Carmen Sandiego.png
668KB, 500x602px
>>50727347
>Why do people like Carmen

Original Carmenfag from the other thread here. When power level threads come up, I like to try and steer them in unexpected directions for the sake of variety. I'd never seen Carmen Sandiego come up in them before, and I had this image saved to my computer, so I rolled with it

(I didn't know that it was originally for another character and had just been photoshopped red, though - someone else pointed that out, that Carmen actually stole this image. Which means that she can affect the real world...which means she wins)

Now I'm actually invested, though, because it's a chance to beat the fuck out of a 40Kfag, which is an unexpected bonus. I actually don't mind 40K or most of the player base...but their tendency towards extreme wanking bothers me, particularly when confronted with things that, unquestionably, are stronger than Thing X from 40K.

Like, the Imperium loses to Daleks. End of story.

For that matter, the Imperium would lose to Carmen, too. She'd find herself in the Milky Way of 40K and then hear someone say the word "Golden Throne" and, well, that's it. Game over. She's stolen it.
>>
>>50727666
>Inquisition has to hunt clues about ancient earth geography in order to recover golden throne
Fund it!
>>
>>50727666

It was immensely enlightening as a derail of the same old tired stable, satan. I enjoyed it immensely.

Originally I thought Carmen was just very hard to find, but if she can steal the salt from the dead sea (apparently ALL OF IT), the entire Andromeda Galaxy, and the entire city of Casablanca, we're clearly dealing with some terrifying powers here.

Hell, she legitimately wins the Madara Uchiha meme by stealing all his bullshit superpowers before he can use them and becoming still more godly.
>>
>>50727746
Yeah, I'd love to see Carmen Sandiego come back in a huge way.

A movie, mostly. I'd want to see a movie, that's also part origin story, in that the first 5 minutes is Carmen Sandiego, successful ACME agent, having just caught literally the last criminal in the world (this would be a kid's movie, after all)...and realizing that there's no one really left for her to oppose. She was too damn good at her job and now it's just going to be boring paperwork.

So she goes rogue, founds V.I.L.E. after releasing some convicts, and basically goes looking for a challenge, which is where Our Heroes enter the picture.

(The post-credits stinger after the movie would of course have her having broken out of jail, sneaking into ACME headquarters, and stealing a chronoskimmer)

(Side note, "chronoskimmer" is my favorite word for a time machine, bar none)
>>
>>50727299
>The question is, what happens to Slaanesh, Nurgle, Khorne, and Tzeentch if the Milky Way and, by extension everything in it, including every thinking being, simply disappears?

The question has been answered multiple times, asking it again and again in walls of text does not make that less so.

Let it go.

>I have read nothing in 40K that makes me think that the Ruinous Powers as we understand them would survive this.

Except the very basic description of Chaos and the warp saying its fed on a Universal scale.Not a galactic one which is what Carmen might be able to interact with if she gets past the bullshit warp powers that also hard counter her, Slaanesh knows all secrets and Tzeentch knows the fate of all mortals as well as their dreams and hopes. You know just as planned.

Or just a group of chaos kids going at her and answering some questions.

>http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Gods

>They reached into the dreams of mortals and demanded praise and servitude in order to increase their own power, as the more one emotion is exhibited (in both thought and action) by a large group of sentient beings in the physical universe, the stronger that Chaos God becomes.

Theres are billions of galaxies in the universe.

She stole one Galaxy the Chaos gods are explicitly stated by the letter of the fluff to be sustained by the Universe which is made up billions of Galaxys.

Also youll note the fluff says possibly sustained by sentients as well, language matters its not confirmed but im not pressing that point becuase its too convoluted, with other descriptions of chaos again saying they are beyond that.

>>50727355
They say sentients on a Universal scale, not galactic.
>>
File: BLOODY FUCKING MAGPIES.jpg (2MB, 2808x3000px) Image search: [Google]
BLOODY FUCKING MAGPIES.jpg
2MB, 2808x3000px
Guess I know which chapter is gonna help her out.
>>
>>50727456
>My reading comprehension is bad but im going to pretend its not the post
>>
>>50727840
It literally says in the sources the warp is mostly and primarily caused by milki way intelligence, chaosfag.

Your premise directly disagrees with your source.
>>
>>50727666
Hey, thanks for doing that in the other thread. I was one of the fags who continued it and it was a lot of fun.
>>
>>50727857
But chaosfag, your reading comprehension is so poor you don't notice the part where it says specifically the milky way.
>>
File: Carmen Sandiego 6.jpg (199KB, 900x1138px) Image search: [Google]
Carmen Sandiego 6.jpg
199KB, 900x1138px
>>50727840
> the Chaos gods are explicitly stated by the letter of the fluff to be sustained by the Universe

No, the Warp is stated to be sustained by the thoughts of sapient beings in the Universe. The Chaos Gods are not:

>The Chaos Gods, also called the Dark Gods or the Ruinous Powers, are powerful entities who inhabit and control the psychic dimension that underlies all physical reality known as the Immaterium or the Warp, created and sustained by the emotions and collective desires of every sentient being of the material universe.

The Warp, created and sustained by the emotions and collective desires of every sentient being of the material universe. Not the Chaos Gods.

This also doesn't change that the Chaos Gods all have points of origin which can be interacted with and fucked with. Again, Carmen has access to casual time travel in the form of her chronoskimmers.

Also further down the first paragraph of the Dark Gods' entry on the very wiki you posted:

>The Chaos Gods are dependent upon the emotions of mortal creatures, especially the hordes of humanity, for their power and continued existence.

No hordes of humanity, and the Chaos Gods apparently take a significant hit to their power.

Furthermore (same page):

>As the intelligent species of the Milky Way Galaxy prospered and grew, so too did their hopes and dreams, their rage and wars, their love and hatred. This burgeoning flood of raw emotion fed the Chaos Gods and nurtured their power.

They are expressly fed by mortal thoughts and desires; ipso facto, no mortal thoughts and desires, means no food, means starvation.

There is undoubtedly more, but my computer isn't the best and slows down considerably whilst I'm on that wiki, so someone else will have to continue to shut you down with embarrassing ease using your own sources.
>>
>>50727840
>The psychic energy that makes up the Immaterium is believed to be the direct result of the existence of sentience in the universe, in particular the intelligent species of the Milky Way Galaxy.

Well shit, looks like chaos is specifically from the milky way.
>>
>people still taking carmenfag's bait
>>
Carmenfags seem on the ball.
I am glad chaosfags are getting told again, they are always the most annoying and ignorant in these things.
>>
>>50727986
The chaos fag seems to be the one baiting.
They do it in all the powerlevel threads for cheap responses.
But you already knew that.
>>
>>50727973
I *think* the idea is more like, sapient beings create the Warp and Chaos. It extends throughout the universe, but because vast stretches of the universe contain absolutely nothing, there are "islands" of Chaos.

(i.e., the Andromeda is 2.5 million lightyears from the Milky Way. The Milky Way is 100,000 lightyears across. You could fit 25 Milky Ways between here and Andromeda)

So removing the Milky Way galaxy would by definition remove the Milky Way Chaos personalities, like Nurgle and Slaanesh, but Chaos as a whole would continue through the universe in other galaxies.

This is fine, since the claim was never that Carmen could defeat ALL of Chaos, but rather that she could easily defeat the Four Ruinous Losers simply by stealing the Milky Way Galaxy, the very thing they depend upon for their continued existence, which is furthermore a thing she has canonically done at least once before so it is by no means beyond her.
>>
>>50727367
>>50727422
Isn't she the same kind of being as the Serpent? Who is the source of all magic everywhere?
>>
>>50728051
I think most of the non milky way warp is tyranids.
Or orks, going by old old lore.
>>
>>50728176
If that's true, then everything that isn't orks or tyrannids is fucked, given that there are an estimated 100 billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Mind, "Orks v. Tyrannids for all time" kind of sounds like the best possible end for 40K. Maybe somehow throw in Necrons, and you're good to go for the best possible rock metal album cover.
>>
Anyway, have to go to work now.

Ta-ta, gumshoes!
>>
>>50728242
I like it.
Necrons really need more love.
>>
>>50728129
That's only a theory. In truth, it is never said anywhere what she is, what her power is, what her purpose is, or where she came from. All we k ow is that if you violate her autisticly specific and obscure rules, she obliterates your existence.

I remember a theory that related her to the World Serpent. After the World Serpent split itself into Law, Chaos, Good, and Evil, and after the multiverse was made, all of creation hinged on the Fulcrum. The theory was that the Lady is the entity of neutrality and balance, and that after the World Serpent split, she came in and helped maintain the multiverse by protecting the Fulcrum and keeping it from falling into anyone's hands.

That thread also had the fan theory that LoP and the WS were lovers, and that she's preserving her lover's creation after he died.
>>
>>50728581
I wish more people would talk about the rumor that the LoP didn't always have the ability to maze berks and used to just be able to send them to Pandemonium. That's actually a canon rumor.
>>
>>50727371

There were several of us. I came in to drop an argument for the Flash, but I had to concede that Carmen would beat my guy, and armed with the Speedforce's pure bullshit levels and the capability to steal anything, I can't see anything that could stop her after that.
I also enjoyed poking holes in the chaosfag's arguments and watching him fall back further and further while still insisting that chaos has to win.
>>
>>50727346
>And she couldn't even prevent Vecna from doing whatever he wanted in Sigil regardless.

>implying that horribly stupid fanfiction-esque module ever happened
>>
>>50729243
I'll never get over the fact that my copy of Warriors of Heaven is missing both the page numbers AND the last 20 pages.

They really dropped the ball during the changeover.
>>
>>50728581
>spoiler text
Unexpected feels appeared
>>
>>50727926
Only if you cant read.

>>50727948
>Cites Source material multiple time
>Carmen fags, no its not!!!!!

That says it all.
>No hordes of humanity, and the Chaos Gods apparently take a significant hit to their power.

The chaos gods after taking a hit vs Carmen still beat her badly.

>>As the intelligent species of the Milky Way Galaxy prospered and grew, so too did their hopes and dreams, their rage and wars, their love and hatred. This burgeoning flood of raw emotion fed the Chaos Gods and nurtured their power.

>created and sustained by the emotions and collective desires of every sentient being of the material universe

Thats fine but youre still ignoring all the parts about Chaos being universal stated in the same link which are not contradicted by things like you typed above.

All the sources say the Chaos gods may not need sentients for continued existence or draw from sentients on a universal scale not just from the Milky way.

That taking the milky way wouldnt end Chaos is cannon period, find me a source that says its not?
Ive found plenty that say it is even with green text excerpts for those illiterate carmen fags that have trouble following or still cant or dont want to grasp that Galaxy and Universe is not interchangeable and that changes things considerably.

Its over get mad all you want the posts have been made the points well cited despite any trolling otherwise.

The language on the basic fluff is clear as day chaos is a Universal constant, not limited to the milky way and anyone comprehending the links and green text and being hones

Stop arguing about it and go watch her show, Carmen fags clearly need the education since they seem to struggle with simple reading and terms like universe vs galaxy.
>>
>>50730527
>The only thing the chaosfag can do is wait until carmenfag leaves then re-iterate his debunked points
Why do you keep using arguments disproved with citations upthread?
>>
>>50730527
>and anyone comprehending the links and green text and being honest eill draw that conclusion.
>>
>>50730527
Why are you disagreeing with 40k lore writers?
>>
>>50730527
For being a champion of chaos, you're sure predictably getting BTFO.
>>
>>50730527
See
>>50726215
Seems you are incorrect according to 40k lore.
>>
>>50730547
>>50730574
Because that's all he's got. If he admits Chaos gets blown right the fuck out, he has nothing. This is his life.

Its sad, but point and laugh. He deserves it for being so fucking pathetic.

And its still the same guy. You can tell by his weird refusal to use apostrophes. Its been one guy, this whole fuck'n time.

What a fuckface.
>>
I think chaoafag is just baiting, given how he refuses direct proof that he is mistaken.
>>
>>50730670
Nah, this is pretty standard for them. They don't bait, they are literally this fucking stupid.
>>
>>50727386
What has more calories - a hundred peanuts, or a double decker bacon chedder burger?
>>
>>50730706
It seems like bait to me, given how long they wait after each time they are blown out
>>
>>50730760
You know, fair point on that. If you look at the other thread, fucker waited a full hour, and then swooped in at the last possible second to whine more.
>>
>>50730951
Exactly.
Shit seems calculated.
>>
>samefagging so much
wew
>>
>>50730951
>>50730971

True enough, but you know what they say about pretending to be retarded and/or an asshole on the internet.
>>
>>50731089
Yeah, chaosfag is pretty shameful like that.
>>
>>50730598
>>50730589
>>50730574
>>50730547

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Gods

>The Chaos Gods are the supernatural rulers of the Immaterium (the Warp) and have a great impact upon the events occurring in the physical universe.

>The Ruinous Powers possess the ability to interact with the material universe

>The Chaos Gods are rivals of each other - the constant war between them mirrors the struggle between their followers in the material universe, and vice-versa.

>This struggle for dominance over the Warp and the physical universe by the Chaos Gods is known as the Great Game.

Also in demon lore
>The other Gods became envious, and joined forces to overthrow Tzeentch, thus beginning a conflict that would leave much of the universe devastated.

Also again the definition of universe that you all dont seem to understand that youre all still getting wrong thats used constantly to refer to the chaos gods their reach and things they do.

"In religion and esotericism, the term "physical universe" or "material universe" is used to distinguish the physical matter of the universe from a proposed spiritual or supernatural essence."

You say I keep saying the same things over and over thats because you havent refuted it as Ive shown again and instead are saying the same thing over and over.

>She may not pull off her plot even with time travel, Chaos will cannon know what shes up to the second she does.
>She wont hold anything she steals long enough for it to matter anyhow someone will catch her, they always do.
>Even if she did its established AGAIN chaos is universal.
>>
>>50731169
Why do you keep using arguments that were debunked upthread?
>>
>>50731169
Did you really need to quote the same person 4 times?
>>
>>50731169
Read the fucking thread, you goddamn baby. You keep making arguments 100% blown right the fuck out already, by the content in this thread alone.
>>
>>50731329
Why are you responding to yourself?
>>
>>50727386
>Slaanesh is weaker even at Nurgles weakest.

Barring his origin it makes sense.

Nurgle relies on suffering and hope for change and endurance.

Slaanesh relies on everyone popping disco biscuits and being smug.

All in all, in the 40k setting there's far more of the former than there is the latter.
>>
>>50730598
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_universe

No im not read what the physical universe is and read OPs green text again, he has proven me right.

>>The Immaterium is a dimension of the spiritual, created, sustained and influenced by intelligent mortal emotions and actions in the PHYSICAL UNIVERSE. The mind of every sentient being in the material universe save the Necrons and the C'tan leaves a psychic imprint within the Immaterium, and although the signature of one mind is almost insignificant in the energy or influence it generates, when the imprints of an entire intelligent race of billions upon billions of individuals are combined they have a huge impact on the very nature and shape of the Warp

>>50727948
>No, the Warp is stated to be sustained by the thoughts of sapient beings in the Universe. The Chaos Gods are not:

Thats just not true, read things slower and pause with the commas. Also what you quoted is above is literally the first line in the chaos gods lex and 40k wiki as well as in the BRB fluff.

>As the intelligent species of the Milky Way Galaxy prospered and grew, so too did their hopes and dreams, their rage and wars, their love and hatred. This burgeoning flood of raw emotion fed the Chaos Gods and nurtured their power. Eventually, the gods reached back, into and through the dreams of mortals, eternally working to influence the physical realm and its myriad sentient races.

Post the Whole quotes its from the 6th ed demons codex

>the gods reached back, into and through the dreams of mortals, eternally working to influence the PHYSICAL REALM and its MYRIAD sentient races.

Physical
2. An area or sphere, as of knowledge or activity: the realm of science. See Synonyms at field.
>Physical
>Realm

Terrible at fluff and no fucking clue about it

>Inb4 someone too dumb or lazy to read anything posts that all this has been proven wrong when you are the ones consistently wrong by strict definition and mixing in head cannon / assuming words.
>>
>>50731219
Because they werent, source? Im linking and green texting straight from source material.

So show me where I was proven wrong and not that somone misunderstood a term or assumed a meaning?
>>
Chaos is not universal, the Warp is universal. Chaos is limited to the Milky Way, where the souls of the beings living there feed and sustain them.
Before Chaos came, the Warp in the Milky Way was still and peaceful. In other galaxies this is still the case, especially in places where the Tyranids have consumed all biomass - which is why Tyranids are a threat to Chaos in the first place.

If you take away the Milky Way, whether by consuming all organic life, sealing it off with Necron tech, or sucking it up in a vacuum cleaner and carting it away somewhere, then the Chaos gods cease to exist. That's all there is to it. Arguments to the contrary are just playing with words.
>>
>>50731369
>>50731219

Where? All i see is people getting things like Galaxy and Universe mixed up and intentionally not quoting full passages then pretending I dont know the fluff haha.

For example from here.
>>50727948

This, which is a quote from the Chaos demon codex page 6 which is actually wrong due to the wiki links but that is a bit moot.

So this quote again from >>50727948

>>As the intelligent species of the Galaxy prospered and grew, so too did their hopes and dreams, their rage and wars, their love and hatred. This burgeoning flood of raw emotion fed the Chaos Gods and nurtured their power.

Is taken from this.

>As the intelligent species of the Galaxy prospered and grew, so too did their hopes and dreams, their rage and wars, their love and hatred. This burgeoning flood of raw emotion fed the Chaos Gods and nurtured their power. Eventually, the gods reached back, into and through the dreams of mortals, eternally working to influence the physical realm and its myriad sentient races.

See how the last part changes things?

I havent been proven wrong at all as you can see.
>>
>>50731835
No, we know OP blew you right the fuck out, and your continued whining and hoping to slink back in when no one is looking is fucking pathetic.

Stop. Just stop, you sad little chaosfaggot. We're not going to stop mocking you.
>>
>>50731988
It changes literally nothing.

You've been proven wrong at literally every turn.

Stop, troll. This is getting beyond pathetic.
>>
>>50731835
Why are you repeating arguments debunked upthread?
>>
>>50731988
Why are you repeating arguments that have been debunked upthread?
>>
>>50727299
It should be remembered that the chaos gods retcon their own shit.

The moment each of them came to be, they had always existed
>>
>>50732434
No they didn't, anon.
The warp explicitly wasn't that bad until the chaos gods existed.
If they retconned themselves into being, it would have always been that bad.
>>
File: hotdog-face.jpg (45KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
hotdog-face.jpg
45KB, 500x374px
>everyone itt
>>
File: calories.png (85KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
calories.png
85KB, 800x600px
>>50730758
I don't know anon, you tell me
>>
>>50731499
I thought hope was tzeentchs thing, what with it being the embodiment of the want for change.
>>
>>50735403

It is. Hope is a part of Tzeentch's portfolio because it's something that drives change, while despair is a part of Nurgle's portfolio because despair contributes to decay and accepting your suffering will never end.

Hoping things will get better in 40k is good for Tzeentch. Knowing they won't is good for Nurgle.
>>
>>50731988
>See how the last part changes things?

It doesn't change a damn thing. The fact that the Ruinous Powers have gorged themselves on their version of food enough that their bloated asses can occasionally, with great effort, reach into the material world, does not change that they still NEED that food, and without it, they die.

Your own article states:
>The Chaos Gods are dependent upon the emotions of mortal creatures, especially the hordes of humanity, for their power and continued existence.

Without sapient beings, they wither and die. Carmen has demonstrably been able to steal an entire galaxy and, by extension, the sapient beings in it.

Furthermore and again, no matter how big the Warp might be, each of the four Ruinous Powers explicitly only came into being because of the actions of mortal beings in the Milky Way - humans in the case of Nurgle, Khorne, and Tzeentch; and Eldar in the case of Slaanesh.

I want you to appreciate that fact, that despite the Warp existing for untold billions of years, it was ONLY when humans and Eldar entered the scene that there was enough of a psychic presence in the Warp to give birth to those four.

But let's go at this from a completely new angle, because as thick as you've demonstrated yourself to be, hope springs eternal.

What has Chaos ever done that demonstrates they operate on the same scale as Carmen Sandiego? Let's specifically use what I consider to be her three most impressive feats:
- Stealing the Milky Way Galaxy (greatest in terms of sheer scale)
- Stealing the American Revolution (demonstrates rather extensive time fuckery)
- Stealing the BEST coffee (what is "best" is subjective opinion, but she nevertheless managed it)
>>
>>50735981

I'd also consider the fact that she apparently stole all of the salsa on earth all in one go and every bit of salt in the dead sea pretty impressive. They're slightly more doable than the top 3 but show there is not just fuckery but PRECISION going on here.
>>
>>50736400
My roommate also just noted that stealing the Portuguese language is rather impressive. Note that she did nothing to the Portuguese people, or to Portugal or Brazil, or anyplace else that Portuguese is spoken.
>>
>>50736458

So it should be assumed she can just babel the fuck out of any organization that tries to stop her, but she spares the gumshoes because their antics amuse her.
>>
>>50736463
Yeah. Its a game to her. Its fun, and she enjoys it. If she ever decided to go all out it would be fucking terrifying.
>>
>>50736986
>Oops, where in the world did everyone's brainstem go?
>>
here's the real question.
What are some thieves that are also on carmen's level?
What are some lawdoers that could compete with her without just following her preset clues?
>>
>>50737266
Honestly, Carmen operates on Doctor Who levels of bullshit. So The Doctor could probably compete with her.

Man, that'd be a crossover I'd pay good money to see. She even has her own time machine...
>>
>>50737266
You'd need to list thieves that are known for stealing completely intangible things, geographical features, islands, entire cities, myths, and international standards.
>>
>>50730758
Who are humans and who are eldar in this metaphor? Because the peanuts have more calories in total.
>>
File: Carmen Sandiego 2.jpg (53KB, 736x588px) Image search: [Google]
Carmen Sandiego 2.jpg
53KB, 736x588px
>>50739609
Gru from Despicable Me stole the Moon, which Carmen has also done...but the moon is the smallest of potatoes next to the Galaxy itself.

Atomsk the Pirate King from FLCL has stolen entire solar systems. So, for that matter, have the Daleks from Doctor Who. But again, this falls short of A GALAXY.

King of Bandit Jing has been able to steal things like greed or a dream, but he usually does so in a metaphorical way, and furthermore whatever he's stolen has a physical representation that's small enough to be carried in one hand.

JLA: Tower of Babel had a villain steal all human language (first written, then spoken), so that's impressive.

Note that Carmen has her own entry on the TVTropes page for Monumental Theft, Intangible Theft, and Impossible Theft, completely separate from anyone else, and she is far, far, FAR more prolific than any of her competition.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MonumentalTheft

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IntangibleTheft

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ImpossibleTheft
>>
>>50735718
So the only way to not give either of them power is to be content? I can't even imagine how that could happen in 40K.
>>
>>50737266
Thief from 8bit theatre could be close to her.

More important question, does Carmen needs to find Wally/Waldo if she wants to steal something from him?
>>
>>50737266
Arsène Lupin. Not the manga/anime character, the real one.
>>
>>50739555
Fuck anon.
Someone take my money and make this.
>>
>>50739755

You also can't ever be happy, because that's good for Slaanesh.

And if you get angry about it that's good for Khorne.

40K's lore is kinda rigged to create a stalemate that never ends or shifts all that much between the various sides so that no customers' army ever gets wiped out or removed from the stage, but this lore cannot hold up against the impossible levels of thievery we're discussing in this thread.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.