[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>See signup sheet in LGS for D&D game >surewhynot.jpg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1478460183132.png (164KB, 399x809px)
1478460183132.png
164KB, 399x809px
>See signup sheet in LGS for D&D game
>surewhynot.jpg
>group turn out to be fairly ordinary beards from the look of it, game is AD&D.
>Make Fighter, keep it simple
>session begins, you meet in a tavern
>GM gets up, slaps me on the back, says in full Brian Blessed style WHAT HO, TRAVELLER, PRITHEE INTRODUCE THYSELF TO YON MERRY BAND OF 'VENTURERS BOLD
>um ok
>Introduce my character
>suddenly one of the players does some gay as heck hand gesture
>he's wearing fake elf ears
>WELL MET, SIRRAH, MINE HUMBLE NAME IS GLITTERGOLD THE ELF, AND THIS FINE FELLOW OF SENIOR YEAR IS DANGALF THE WIZARD, NOW DRINK YE THIS ELVEN MOONWINE AND LET OUR FAIR BARD MERRYJIG PLY THEE WITH A WITTY JAPE
>a 300lb nerd in a Megadeth tee gets out an actual lute and begins singing filk hits

they stayed in character all session

the quest was the most generic "clear kobolds from a dungeon" thing played completely straight

most names were anagrams of LotR characters or Dark Dungeons tier

but they played it completely seriously, as if it were the most important story in the world

i am not sure if this is awesome or terrible

is this how it feels to Catan
>>
My group is exactly the same, only we are running Shadowrun campaign, so it looks a bit less ridiculous from outside. Nevertheless, we stay in-character, and I'm sure weƧve got a lot of weird stares when we kept discussing Azzies blood magic rituals and combining them with loads and loads of explosives.
>>
sounds awesome OP. if they play as well as they nerd out you should appreciate them
>>
>>50707696
I refuse to believe this is real.

But I secretly hope that it is.
>>
>>50707761
This.
It sounds too awesome so be real. But I hope it is.
>>
Those are some annoying shits.
>>
>>50707696
>i am not sure if this is awesome
It is
if real
>>
>>50707696
This sounds fun as fuck.
>>
>>50707715
Do you guys dress like in the matrix?
>>
>>50707696
That sounds beautiful.
>>
>>50707696
Sounds awesome, meanwhile my current group has taken to typing their dialogue in the roll20 chat box cause talking is too awkward or some shit.

And they only do that like, 3 times a session.

Heck, I like text games actually, but they aren't even committing to that.
>>
>>50707696
Ive got one up on you: Ive got enough polyglots at the table that I can have fantasy languages just be different real world languages. Elven is always spanish, Dwarven is either french or german depending on who's playing, and Draconic/Abyssal is russian or polish, again, depending on who's playing.
>>
>>50707696
>i am not sure if this is awesome or terrible

Absolutely awesome. I would sell my soul for a group like that.

>is this how it feels to Catan
No. Trust me on this, if you ever encounter a Catan Situation you will instantly recognize it as a Catan Situation.
>>
>>50710876

Dark Heresy group I was in used to do the same thing, but in Skype. Voice Chat ended up being out of character talk and socializing.
>>
>>50713055
I donno, I've had good experiences with text, and good experiences with voice, but the hybrid never fucking works for me and always ends up as an excuse not to roleplay. Which while might not always be the case is certainly the case here.

I mean, they were always kinda shit Role-players anyway, but at least they were trying before.
>>
>>50713156

It worked for the most part, and usually saved the socializing for when the GM was typing up descriptions and dialogue. Though, sometimes we'd also get distracted and the GM would have to reel us in. It was a big group too. Eight players (Usually, because of life stuff, it went back and forth between seven and eight) and went on for five years. It may have gone on longer, but I left before the end and don't keep in touch with any of them.
>>
>>50707696
You need to go back there with the dread pirate dicebeard as your next character
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.