[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what software does /tg/ use to make dungeon maps and other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: dungeonmapper.jpg (389KB, 829x889px) Image search: [Google]
dungeonmapper.jpg
389KB, 829x889px
what software does /tg/ use to make dungeon maps and other navigational aids?
>>
>>50706416
I use good and old pen and paper since me and my players get together once a week for 12+hour sessions (which means using a pc would be troublesome), but I am really interested in whatever that is
>>
>>50706416
Graph paper and pencils.
>>
>>50706416
Roll20.
>>
>>50706416
I give the autistic girl at my work a pen and some paper and collect the results after my shift

Capcha: satin road
>>
>>50706416
ms paint
>>
>>50706746
>12+ hour sessions

Jeez, are your players any good? Are you any good? If so, kudos.
>>
>>50707388
We've been doing this almost every week for the past 7 years, so we're pretty ok to be honest.

I've played with other groups and they're really cringeworthy in general since first time players are usually mary sues and retards that think doing the "funny" or edgy thing is the way to go, without ever thinking about actually building a character. I'm all for shit like the Lord Bearington greentext, but think about who your character is ffs, don't just go full sasuke uchiha or baby's first fetish projection

But to be honest our playtime isn't that big (it ranges from around 6 to 10 hours). I mean, we've been friends for so long that we usually lounge a bit and eat some pizzas, sometimes barbecues too, so we usually arrive at someone's place around 2pm and stay up until 12pm of the next day (usually fri-sat or sat-sun), which still gives us a lot of time.
>>
>>50706746
http://davesmapper.com/
>>
>>50706416
Donjon.bin.sh has some nice random generators for maps and entire dungeons with contents. I use those for quick mapping.
>>
>>50706416
The best* tool currently out there is probably this: http://deepnight.net/tools/tabletop-rpg-map-editor/

Using the arrow keys you can move your entire map around, and holding middle click then scrolling the mouse allows you to move around on the grid itself, to the edges. It allows for a large grid. Plus you can import/export the maps with a .json file, or just export PNGs for the final copy.

It's pretty nice. Not many tiles, but I hate having tiles anyway.

*This is a subjective opinion based on the accessibility, usability, and simplicity of the subject.
>>
I use MS Paint before importing the resulting low res image into whatever word doc I've got my adventure in.

It isn't fancy or beautiful, but it's straightforward and quick.
>>
>>50707597
I am taking over a dead friends campaign, he used to run 12 hour sessions. I'm also new to dming.

What should I do about lazy players who show up once in a blue moon? How do I keep players interested?
>>
>>50710254
weep softly.
>>
>>50709404
That's a great one!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.