[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most monster manuals have stat blocks for giant versions of normal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Tigerfish.jpg (115KB, 646x781px) Image search: [Google]
Tigerfish.jpg
115KB, 646x781px
Most monster manuals have stat blocks for giant versions of normal animals. Where do all of those giant animals come from and how often do you actually fight, for example, a giant gecko?
>>
Fought a giant gecko when it was the mount for a goblin king
>>
Remember when people did not ask stupid questions that any amount of thought could have dismissed?
>>
>>50685708
>Where do all of those giant animals come from
Wizards make them.
>>
>>50685708
Either what >>50688396 said or some combination of magic and/or natural factors allow them to live. There used to be millipedes the size of cars, but there's not enough oxygen in the air for them to survive anymore.

Alternatively, you could not think about it
>>
>>50685708
>how often do you actually fight, for example, a giant gecko?
As often as the DM wills it.
>>
File: gecko-side.jpg (13KB, 317x522px) Image search: [Google]
gecko-side.jpg
13KB, 317x522px
>>50685708
As often as he tries to sell me dungeon insurance, anon.
>>
>>50688905
My players are building a dungeon to store their monster menagerie, so I'm gonna have to steal this idea now.
>>
>>50685708
>wizards made them (on purpose or by accident)
>they evolved that way to compete with magical wildlife
>they were blessed by forest spirits/gods of nature to protect the forest

In any case, giant animals are decent as monsters. Nature's scary.
>>
File: buh gok.jpg (60KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
buh gok.jpg
60KB, 500x375px
>>50685708
>how often do you actually fight, for example, a giant gecko?

As often as you encounter them. Don't you know that when animals grow to larger than their normal size, even if it is only slightly larger, they immediately are infused with an irrational and suicidal hatred of humans? It doesn't matter if you're way bigger and obviously stronger than them, if you're totally alien to their environment, or if they are not even predatory by nature. If they see you, they will come at you with the rage of a thousand suns and thrash wildly until one of you dies. Something to do with the brain expanding in size and making them retarded, I think.
>>
>>50688794
>There used to be millipedes the size of cars
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthropleura
>up to 7.5' long
not quite, but still massive.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.