[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>One of the side characters is a "Fan of a series stuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1481660572767.png (1MB, 1315x1919px) Image search: [Google]
1481660572767.png
1MB, 1315x1919px
>One of the side characters is a "Fan of a series stuck in the body of a certain character" bloke.

How do you use this concept well for a campaign when you have someone who will be metagaming like a motherfucker due to knowing the entire story well? How do you balance him even if the party won't be fighting him yet but might be later?
>>
>>50685469
Are your rails so iron clad that he knows whats going to happen regardless of player action
>>
>>50685469
Put him in a setting where he's probably fucked anyway. Like Worm.
>>
>>50685469
The ability to change shit is limited in most cases anyway. And then consequences from your changes change things further.

Nonetheless, it can be an amusing twist on the great wise sage or information broker concepts.
>>
>>50685469
Make him do stupid shit that players usually do in the game.
>>
>>50687762
This, use the butterfly effect to fuck with things. Using DBZ as an example. Maybe due to the PCs existing Goku kills Raditz without dying and since he doesn't die he doesn't get to train with King Kai meaning he isn't anywhere near as well prepared as he would be for Vegeta.
>>
>>50690690
Even with Kaioken, Goku only survived because Gohan, Krillin, and Yajirobe dealt enough damage to force Vegeta into retreating.

In a one-on-one fight, Vegeta would've slaughtered him.
>>
>>50690690
Or imagine that Goku dies during the King Piccolo saga for some reason.

King Piccolo dies when Raditz attacks Earth. Earth becomes a planet under Frieza's control... Roll credits. The end.
>>
>>50685469
Their unusual behaviour attracts suspicion, or even prevents them from befriending "future allies" due to rubbing them the wrong way.
>>
>>50690690
I think the Time Patrollers would keep you from messing with the Saiyan Saga for the sake of preserving Earth and the timeline.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.