[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/ Homebrewed Deities Edition! What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 358
Thread images: 66

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Homebrewed Deities Edition!

What gods have you made? Have you become a god yet? Why not?

>THIS IS IMPORTANT!
If you want build advice make sure to say what 3pp you can use, if any.
>THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/JTj1yEmU

Avowed Playtest: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Malefex Playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W3LrE8WyIxxYRr8d9dHsWioeUk_-HZaSMqVWRnzc9Fc/edit?usp=sharing

Old Thread: >>50673659
>>
File: FRCS - Dead Three (cerviero).jpg (125KB, 840x630px) Image search: [Google]
FRCS - Dead Three (cerviero).jpg
125KB, 840x630px
>>50682612
I haven't made any new gods because Faerun has enough.

I also haven't run a game long enough for a PC to become a deity.
>>
>>50682655
Knifemaster has uses a d8 rather then a d6 for daggers, which are probably the main weapon I'm gonna use for the alchemist so it's moderately less shit.
>>
Baldur's gate got away with its end only because only singleplayer games can make one PC thousand times more important than the others
>>
>>50682606
I like small sized races and male characters so probably small on both?
>>
>>50682612
because i'm slowly dying inside
>>
>>50682693
It's not the size of the die, it's the number.
>>
>>50682782
So vivisectionist/Preservationist is my best bet then?
>>
File: Fionna.Deverin.jpg (83KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Fionna.Deverin.jpg
83KB, 1280x1024px
Working on my character for RotJR, looking for thoughts.

Fionna Deverin
Human Warlord||Beguiler (Theurgic Brigand)

>Daughter of Kendra Deverin and childhood friend of Ameiko
>As a young girl she was wild and unruly as a reaction to her powers manifesting
>Was shipped off to boarding school run by the Magnimar Navy to "get disciplined"
>Initially spent a lot of spare time in Underbridge practicing her magic with local beguilers, but as she advanced in her schooling and matured this side of her life lost its appeal
>Upon graduating, she returns to Sandpoint and joins the guard, but quickly becomes frustrated by the limits of what she could do as a guard
>Breaking point comes when she is unable to prove that a group of Sczarni stole an important shipment from Ameiko
>Takes on vigilante identity to take matters into her own hands, brutally slaying the Sczarni
>Acts as upright guard during the day, but takes on the mantle of a merciless force of vengeance/justice at night
>>
>>50682612
>What gods have you made?
Right now i am working on pantheon for Sunless Sea-esque game. Thankless job since are unlikely that i can find players for this game.
>>
Reminder that what your character looks like has NO DEPENDENCY on their stats unless it's the size of their muscles. Height, eye color, whatever, none of that is derived from the existing stat block. You are what you want to be, it's a fucking game.
>>
>>50682858
So my halfling could still be swinging a giant-sized pipe. Got it.
>>
>>50682883
Yes, actions and abilities are indeed what you look like. You're very clever when you try to be.
>>
>>50682910
Thanks. I think?
>>
File: ripped wizard.jpg (1MB, 1123x1463px) Image search: [Google]
ripped wizard.jpg
1MB, 1123x1463px
>>50682858
>the only thing that's limited is getting to look buff
fucking martial favoritism at its worst god damn it Paizo
>>
>>50682838
For flanking/SA, yes.
>>
>>50682838
Promethean is a meme. Vivesectionist is infinitely better if you want to do flanking.
>>
>>50682853

I like it, can't really point anything out besides being a guard kinda roots you to sandport a bit. Maybe make the ties to being a guard a little looser? Like she was a guard but quit when she learned there was a hard limit on what she could do to help.
>>
>>50682963
That guy's clearly multi-classing.
>>
File: Battle_of_the_Aspects.jpg (404KB, 1492x1207px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_of_the_Aspects.jpg
404KB, 1492x1207px
>>50682612
>implying I could ever become a god

As for homebrew gods, I remember someone statted a bunch of Nintendo entities as PF gods. I know they had Palutena and Master Hand, but I forget what else, it was a long time ago.

As for me, I once asked how to port the Dragon Aspects as PF gods, but not only have I since forgotten anything beyond what Domains they'd have, I'm also interested in whether you could port the Old Gods individually or if they're just one set of Domains on their own.

If I recall, the Aspects went like this:

>Alexstrasza: Fire, Good (Friendship, Redemption), Healing (Resurrection, Restoration), Scalykind (Dragon)

>Malygos: Magic (Arcane), Scalykind (Dragon), Travel (Portal), Knowledge (Thought)

>Ysera: Scalykind (Dragon), Plant, Animal (Feather, Fur), Knowledge (Memory)

>Nozdormu: Scalykind (Dragon), Law (Inevitable), Luck (Fate), Repose (Ancestors)

>Neltharion (pre-corruption): Earth (Caves), Scalykind (Dragon), Protection (Defense), Strength (Ferocity)

>Deathwing: Scalykind (Dragon), Destruction (Catastrophe, Hatred), Evil (Corruption), Madness (Insanity), Death
>>
>>50682853
Sczarni don't really do anything aside from petty crime/non violent stuff iirc. Nothing worth killing people over unless your the Punisher.
>>
What class does this guy look like?
>>
File: Ilmater.jpg (54KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
Ilmater.jpg
54KB, 400x480px
So my DM's asking for a short description of our characters' background. I'm going to be playing a Human Oradin of Ilmater, and while I've got a good idea of how he'll interact with others, I don't really know what his plans\dreams\aspirations are beyond "alleviating those in need like Ilmater says to and because it's the right thing to do".

So toss me any ideas you might have for quests/goals a servant of the Broken God might have. To be more specific, something that isn't just rewarded upon reaching some milestone like "Wow you're amazing! We would like you to join The Justice League." or something similar.
>>
>>50683115
Bard (Rubati).
>>
File: c23.png (45KB, 200x401px) Image search: [Google]
c23.png
45KB, 200x401px
>>50683115
>guy
>>
File: Egyptian Cleric.jpg (894KB, 850x1021px) Image search: [Google]
Egyptian Cleric.jpg
894KB, 850x1021px
>>50683115
Ninja

>>50683149
>http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCampaign/characterBackground/backgroundGenerator.html

Roll everything
>>
So what traits would go well with a Nexian Thief with the ability to travel through the 4th dimension?

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1037433

This is a picture of him.
>>
>>50683310
The trait that involves you killing yourself.
>>
>>50683334
Bullied? That's a pretty sucky trait.
>>
File: needless.png (374KB, 699x492px) Image search: [Google]
needless.png
374KB, 699x492px
>>50683169
>>
Ok so not deity related but I'm trying to get a Naruto dnd going with some buddies and I could use a hand working on the system
> Inb4youraweeb

So far I have it set up so that all players start with a modified ninja class renamed shinobi, works similarly to the original class except the ninja tricks would be touched up on/added to, and Ki, renamed chakra, works off of CON instead of CHA. For the chakra you choose one of the 5 natures at character creation, and can possibly earn more along the way (still figuring that one out), now instead of a strict list of jutsu's for players to use I have it split into several abilities that encompass all the elements, such as clone, manipulation, and dragon techniques. There are some separate jutsu's though like rasangan, and summoning jutsu being two examples. Now since all members of the group would start out human there would be no real need for a race module, so I have that replaced with a currently in progress clan system, though there would be a build your own character option.

Could anyone give me ideas or advice for furthering this along?
>>
>>50683115
Sword and no armor? I might be brainfarting but I actually can only think of Investigator who does that, except for oddball monk builds that put feats into making other things monk weapons.
>>
>>50683380
Naruto ninja's are often better done as kineticists, aside from the occasional rando that is a monk or something like rock lee.
>>
>>50683380
Mandate everyone being a caster, but everybody gets a Monk's unarmed strike. Naruto was supposed to be just about wizards anyway before he changed it to ninjas, wasn't it?
>>
>>50683310
>him
>>
>>50683404
That's not a bad idea, thanks anon!
>>
>>50682612
>What gods have you made?

I mage a god of grief and rage, who left the heavens after his lover was killed. All the other gods used her body to make the race of man, and each gave them a gift (knowledge, drive, mastery of tools, etc)... Well the god of grief snuck in and gave newborn man the gift of fury. He is very much their father god after this event. He was the second to last god to give his gift.

The other gods claimed he ruined man, except for the god of death... who claims he perfected them. The god of death was the last god to give his gift to man, and he gave them mortality, they would not have to toil away for eternity, suffering grief and loss (which were the downsides to passion and emotion).

The "avatar" of this god is always portrayed as weeping (like an erinyes) - his face contorted with extreme emotion. He can be found by wandering into a storm - because he brings water to the land. Sometimes he's a soft rain, sometimes he's a raging storm, but man can always find him by wandering into a storm.

His followers are few, but wildly powerful and they have all lost someone important to them (whether it be a newborn child, or a lover or a sibling). You can always seek the father of man out in a storm, and there's a lot of superstitions about it. It's commonly thought that only the crazed walk into a storm.

the god of death wanders the mortal realms as an old man, and whenever a storm comes his way he finds his way to a hill where he sits and chats with the god of grief, consoles him a bit and asks him to give up his anger - which every time has been met with flat refusal

The other gods made their own races, but none have quite the connection with their patron that man has.
>>
So, besides Goddess of Pain, anything else?

Sewing? Needle work?
>>
>>50683582
>Needle work?
Leatherworking.
>>
Joining a new game as a Strix Fighter who wears the heaviest armor and specializes in three dimensional flying overrun spam. What gear and weapons should I wear?

Feats, etc. I'm somewhat new at PF.
>>
>>50683295
Maybe it's just me, but all of those options seem way too vague for my DM to really do anything with it.
>>
>>50683604
Helps for hardcore BDSM worshippers
>>
>>50683388
I was thinking Veiled Moon Stalker!
>>
File: div0.jpg (195KB, 1360x706px) Image search: [Google]
div0.jpg
195KB, 1360x706px
>>50682612
Why not? Not enough XP yet is why not.
But I've got a plan. I've got a plan that will get me ALL of the XPs.
>>
>>50682858
However, making them fit their stats and abilities a bit in their description can be fun. Just, start with the build, and then ask yourself "now how in the fuck did THAT happen"
>>
File: Ries_MBAA_select.png (89KB, 270x327px) Image search: [Google]
Ries_MBAA_select.png
89KB, 270x327px
Stat me
>>
>>50684027
Skald
>>
>>50683439
Mulibruous Tincture is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>50684178
>Mulibruous Tincture
I keep hearing about this and night tea or whatever but can't find anything on it. Where is it from?
>>
File: Olivia.png (549KB, 989x1085px) Image search: [Google]
Olivia.png
549KB, 989x1085px
What's a good simple weapon for a character who isn't really meant to be actively fighting but needs something to do with her spare actions at low levels? 0 Str mod, +1 Dex, no finesse. I feel like crossbow would be the classic option, but what does /pfg/ recommend?
>>
>>50684230
You wont find Mulibruous Tincture anywhere official. Just the Tumblr of one Paizo creators i think.

Night tea on the other hand is in Adventurer's Armory
>>
>>50684239
Just aid another.
>>
>>50684276
So it's some tumblr shit one of the SJW paizo devs shat out?
>>
>>50683445
I would suggest the "Kineticists use combat stamina in place of burn and get the bonus feat" thing if you go through with that idea. Burn is a Very punishing system that is to brutal in a lot of players eyes.
>>
>>50684302

more or less, but there's some meme potential in there. For instance Trap Making.
>>
>>50684341
C-can I have a link?
>>
>>50684341
I'm picturing Ye Olde Trappe Maker's Shoppe
>>
>>50684363
Mulibrous Tincture; 2gp/dose

Mulibrous tincture is an alchemical mixture of plants, fungi, and distilled reagents brewed primarily by dwarves, halflings, and humans. A single dose of the minty elixir is sufficient to relieve menstrual pains for 1d4 days, and grants the imbiber a +1 alchemical bonus to saves against pain for one hour. Many noblewomen believe the tincture also slows the aging process and extends their fertile years, though with mixed results.

Consuming two doses of mulibrous tincture a week for more than two weeks in a row causes stomach upset and food cravings; imbibers must make a DC 12 Fortitude save each day or be sickened for 24 hours. Once the imbiber has successfully saved against the tincture’s effects two days in a row, they may continue drinking it without further ill effects. Consuming mulibrous tincture twice a week for more than four weeks begins to dull masculine features, and causes a masculine-bodied being to take on increasingly feminine features. After two months, a masculine-bodied imbiber no longer suffers any penalty to Disguise checks to appear as the “opposite” sex. After four months, the imbiber instead takes a –2 penalty to Disguise checks to disguise themselves as a man.

The transformational effects of mulibrous tincture wear off at half the rate they developed, though sufficient long-term use makes the transformation effect permanent (GM discretion).

Alchemical Component: Five doses of mulibrous tincture may be added as a material component for the alter self spell, extending its duration as per the Extend Spell feat
>>
File: 1481219436670.jpg (51KB, 500x588px) Image search: [Google]
1481219436670.jpg
51KB, 500x588px
>>50684239
Well, aid another's an option if you're close but you do need something to protect yourself.

The answer is a firearm. Even without proficiency, a firearm will net you attacks vs touch-AC, which at higher levels will let your noncombatant ACTUALLY HIT THINGS, which ain't going to fucking happen with a crossbow*

So at the very least get yourself something like a double-pistol or a dragon pistol early on (scatter shots), and a double-barreled shotgun when you can afford it. Even with the -4, you'll be far more likely to hit later on than you would with any other weapon type, which if you aren't actually someone with good bonuses, is going to be your only hope.

In fact, if you *can*, consider the machineguns later on... They're incomaptible with damage feats to begin with, so it's not like you're losing out if you don't even get deadly aim with it.

*(crossbows are the redheaded stepchild of pathfinder RAW, except more often beaten, and compared quite disfavorably to the damage output of water balloons. This is no joke, this is something that acutally happened).
>>
>>50684417
>grants the imbiber a +1 alchemical bonus to saves against pain for one hour.
When is this a thing? Is this just a save against damage?
>>
>>50684417

They did want everyone to be included. So here's your man juice

Anderos Salve; 5gp/jar

A human and halfling specialty brewed from animal organs and rare roots, anderos salve is sold under a hundred different claims, from reversing balding and growing facial hair to transforming a soldier into a superhuman juggernaut. More realistically, older men use it to slow the aging process, alleviate impotence, and restore the vigor of youth. Smearing a dose of anderos salve on the upper arm or chest reduces the physical penalties from age by one point for 1d4 hours, and provides a +1 alchemical bonus on Fortitude saves to resist becoming fatigued for one hour. A creature may only benefit from the effects of anderos salve once per 24 hours

Applying one dose of anderos salve per day for two or more weeks causes irritability, difficulty sleeping, and muscle cramps. Imbibers must make a DC 12 Fortitude save each day or be fatigued for 24 hours. Once the user has successfully saved against the salve’s effects two days in a row, they may continue applying it without further ill effects. Applying anderos salve once a day for more than four weeks begins to reduce fatty tissue, stimulates hair growth, and makes features more angular, causing a feminine-bodied being to take on increasingly masculine features. After two months, a feminine-bodied imbiber no longer suffers any penalty to Disguise checks to appear as the “opposite” sex. After four months, the imbiber instead takes a –2 penalty to Disguise checks to disguise themselves as a woman.
The transformational effects of anderos salve wear off at half the rate they developed, though sufficient long-term use makes the transformation effect permanent (GM discretion).
One jar contains ten applications of salve.
>>
>>50684440
Nah, basically saving throws (fortitude or will) against either being tortured or certain spells
>>
>>50684300
Is that better than potshots with a crossbow? I'd rather not be on the front line if I can avoid it.
>>
Has anyone tried a Musketeer/Luring Cavalier before? Seems like an interesting pair of archetypes.
>>
>>50684450
>all those penalties
>only works for a few HOURS instead of days
>lol vs fatigued for one hour; when do you even take it? before the exertion it's run out, after it's too late?

paizo's pretty blatant when it comes to fucking men over.
>>
>>50684475
>Not mentioning the 2gp vs 5gp per use
Equality my ass.
>>
>>50684460
make your potshots with a rifle.
>>
>>50684496
How is a non gunslinger getting a rifle at low levels?
>>
>>50684494
actually that's the one thing it has going for it, it's cheaper. it's 5s a dose (10 uses in a jar).
>>
>>50684514
What happens if you take both?
>>
>>50684508
No one is. Not even the gunslinger. Gunslingers aren't a magical wonderful class; they just get to eventually have some bonuses that make up for the flaws in firearms.

Nevertheless, as soon as his character can afford it, something like a double-barrel pistol may be exactly the "one potshot once in a while" the player needs; one that actually fucking works.
>>
>>50684528
you get the Iconic Shaman. Because that's canoically what they did.

These are all potions and stuff that they took for their sex change operation.
>>
>>50684528
If I were to take a guess, the FAQ will say the woman wins.
>>
>>50682612
It's hard to become a god when you're devoted to serving one. You settle for herald, demigod kinda things.
>>
>>50684538

Warsoul Soulknives can if they take that one blade skill.
>>
So a while ago I mentioned my DM just went fucking missing and anon told me to get let the police now.

Well, we found out. Turned out he had a schizophrenic break, was apparently not diagnosed, and just wandered off into the night. They found him in a homeless shelter.

Guess I need a new DM.
>>
>>50684417
>>50684450
>>50684475
>>50684494

http://amazonchique.tumblr.com/post/108981965752/pixiebutterandjelly-ayellowbirds

There's some more bullshit in there, but its pretty much non canon. FanTASTIC for memes though.
>>
>>50684466
I just can't part with a faithful steed. Plus luring cavalier is Mongol as fuck
>>
File: DUnMeshWhat.png (223KB, 405x797px) Image search: [Google]
DUnMeshWhat.png
223KB, 405x797px
>>50683310
>Yea I'd probably go for that, not as bad as some of the other-
>wait, "male?"
>mfw realization that I've been here so long I still considered it

I'm not sure if it's the lack of sleep, or if I really am falling apart. Touche.
>>
Is there anyway to make a Gambler kinetcist not Con based?
>>
>>50684762
GM permission? Aside from that, you need to be a race that doesn't use con for HP, then you can grab a feat in the Roil Dancers pdf that uses that attribute instead.
>>
Does rage make your dick bigger?
>>
>>50684792
Temporary bonuses don't count
>>
>>50684792

Permanent bonuses only. So wear a belt of physical perfection for more than 24 hours.
>>
>>50684811
What about something like mutagen that can last all day.
>>
>>50684792
>>50684811
>>50684824
So being Pitborn makes your dick bigger?

So you can get a 43 con with permanent bonuses (pitborn, profane, belt, levels, start at 18)

So that's a +16 to dick size?

What does polymorphing do?
>>
File: Missiles.png (468KB, 640x477px) Image search: [Google]
Missiles.png
468KB, 640x477px
>>50684584
Warsouls can do far more than that, believe me.
>>
>tfw redoing my characters backstory for the third fucking time
What the hell? I never bothered putting this much thought into my character backstories and I honestly think the character is suffering for it.
>>
Rolled 7, 7 + 16 = 30 (2d10 + 16)

>>50684842
dont think poly counts, that'd run into the racial bonuses.

And i'm rolling tits thank you very much. i'm just that kinda guy.
>>
>>50684842
Size bonuses likely would count, though I'm unsure if they affect CON. Racial ability scores would impact it The half-giants lack of a CON bonus is why I disagree with their inherit +2 on top of the d12. Memes are great and all, but it gets ridiculous. In all honesty it dick or bust size should probably cap based on creature size. Else we can run into areas where your dick "should" extend into the next square but /doesn't/ because you're still medium.
>>
>>50684909
I've heard a good argument for 4d6 instead.
>>
>>50684901
>>50684842
No I mean if I turn into a Cloud Giant my dick should become larger.

>>50684909
Depends, Giant Form affects con.
>>
>>50684466

Last time I did a Musketeer/Luring Cavalier I got FREDERICK HENDERTHANE, HERO OF THE EMPIRE.
>>
>>50684946
>FREDERICK HENDERTHANE, HERO OF THE EMPIRE
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>50684925
3d8 would probably be better, and even that's still too big IMO. Tieflings shouldn't be 2d10 either. They should be 2d8, and Half-Giants should be 2d10 and that's only really because of powerful build, Aasimar should be 2d6, Humans and most other medium races should be 2d4
>>
>>50684987
Con should not effect dick size. I've met sickly people with big dicks.
>>
>>50685029
I'd be in favor of that too, honestly. Especially since most people put a 12 or 14 into con, it's just inflation of numbers.
>>
>>50684976

He was a fantastically racist Chelish nobleman from a cadet branch of House Henderthane who saw a trip to the Mwangi Expanse as the PERFECT opportunity to bring his particular rendition of the Henderthane line to prominence, after that dreadful Orinxes Affair saw the entire main trunk of the Henderthane line exterminated.

He was bold, obnoxious and hopelessly British.
>>
Well the potluck didn't go well. When I got to work and I was parking my bike the basket of my bike came off and spilled everywhere and one of the dishes broke. I had to throw it away, and I cut my hands picking up glass. Glass got in the bread pudding too so all I had was the pie, luckily I didn't get blood on it. I got blood on my gift and shirt throw. Fucking hell. I cleaned the gift off best I could and my shirt. My hands really hurt now.

I'm trying so hard, why can't I do anything.
>>
>>50684925
At an average of 3.5 per dice that's still 14 inches which is goddamn gigantic. That is *literally* horse sized.
>>
>>50685096

Of course its gigantic, they're half giants!
>>
>>50684440
There's a number of spells with the [pain] descriptor.
>>
>>50685096
And, for the record, horses are Large creatures.
>>
>>50685093
>told us he couldn't do anything right
>turns out he was right.
>>
>>50685111
I'm sorry but a roughly 40% increase in size over a human doesn't increase the size of your junk by 250%.
>>
>>50685111
And apparently that's the giant half.
>>
>>50685111
Calm down before you post. They're only HALF-giants. This attitude is what has caused the inflation of numbers.
>>
>>50685111
Half-Giants are still medium creatures.Big body doesn't mean big dick. See: Gorillas.
>>
Really no one cares about the dick or breast rolls unless its for meme fun times.
>>
>>50685134
That's why I advocated for them only being 2d10. even that's still an average of 57% bigger. 4d4 would be about 42% though
>>
File: 1337026210728.jpg (28KB, 439x480px) Image search: [Google]
1337026210728.jpg
28KB, 439x480px
>>50685111
>>50685096

So I guess that means my character's otherwise absurdly huge dong should be reduced to something more "reasonable", such as 14 inches.

And by reasonable I mean people flocking to see the freakishly large cock, since holy shit is that big.

>>50685163

Agreed! I enjoy a good dick discussion as much as the next man, but that should be left for the post-bump thread.
>>
>>50685163
Except for the people who take it super srs el oh els.
>>
Rolled 5, 8 + 9 = 22 (2d10 + 9)

Don't mind me, just rolling for a NPC
>>
>>50685151
>see Gorillas
Good example. On a related note, how big are giants? They can't actually be That big if they're managed to get a woman pregnant without killing them. So goes for men and women giants, if "the journey" is to far they the female giant get pregnant to begin with.
I propose giants are similar to gorillas in size on depth.
>>
File: 1287575966217.jpg (53KB, 665x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1287575966217.jpg
53KB, 665x1024px
>>50684604
Where?

>>50684239
Longspear

>>50683621
If you're new at the game, you probably shouldn't try three dimensional combat.
>>
>>50685236
Hill giants generally range from 10-11 feet tall, with runts being as short at 8 feet.
>>
>>50685127
large and quadrupedal which means they need the extra reach.
>>
>>50685151

Half-giants are explicitly "huge humans." They operate on Human rules, not half-giants.
>>
>>50685236
To be fair it could also be a bukkake event or other kinky shit.
>>
>>50685236
Most are "large" with a couple high-ish CR'd ones being Huge. I'd say that it'd be more likely that the lower CR ones are the ones that would actually "propagate" with humans.
>>
>>50685303
Could also be young ones.
That 13 year old giant managed to pass himself off as a big burly man at the tavern once the women got drunk enough. He went home to brag to his friends that he totally got laid, and now the woman's looking for the big tough adventurer that fathered her child.
>>
>>50685303
>>50685236
It's worth noting that giants get a lot more magical after "hill" territory, and so are more able to make magical accomodation.

Like the frost giants, fire giants, storm giants, cloud giants and etc.
>>
>>50685093
Son, you need Jesus
>>
>>50685093
I'm really sorry that happened to you anon. I wish I could hug you through the interbutt and tell you that everything will be okay.
>>
>>50685349
He does do a fine job on the floors overnight, but I'd stay the fuck away from the fresh fruits and vegetables in that aisle, though. That floor buffer he uses to clean the place basically sends all that dust, dirt and smoke-like crap into a big cloud that settles everywhere on them.

Then people buy the apples and fucking bite into them without ever having scrubbed them for several hours first.
>>
>>50685297
Fair, but for a race to exist on a notable scale there has to be successful attempts at breeding.
>>50685256
That puts in a better perspective, and now makes me think the most successful are in fact Runts breeding, but I think my assumption in them being similar to gorillas in "that" way is still a valid opinion.
>>
>>50683038
That's a really good point. I think I might actually retool it a bit so she serves as part of the Magnimar town watch instead of Sandpoint and she's suspended after she goes too far. During this suspension she returns home, but keeps up her vigilante activities.

>>50683110
Yeah, I wanted it to be a trigger that pushed her over the edge but you're right it's way too extreme for simple theft. I definitely need to step up the crime to something that's worth killing over.
>>
>>50685440
>I definitely need to step up the crime to something that's worth killing over.

Friendly reminder that Jubrayl Mvashti is engaging in some pretty hardcore blackmail and strong-arming to take over Sandpoint's Prostitution ring by pushing the Pixie's Kitten out of business.
>>
What are some essential items for desert adventures?
>>
File: 1476323511605.jpg (95KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1476323511605.jpg
95KB, 500x500px
>>50684575
Even gods can die and create a new opening.

Danifae Yauntyrr used to be an enslaved cleric of Lolth, but then she became the new Lolth following her silence during the War of the Spider Queen.

You can do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxGRhd_iWuE
>>
>>50685512

>Fat drow tits on a blue board
>>
>>50685177
are you on the IRC
>>
>>50685530

I'm Captain_Slow, anon.
>>
Speaking of uh "appearance" rolls. I think the Str+dex+con+cha /8 to get your appearance/10 system is kind of flawed. It seems like unless you have ungodly high stats in every area you often end up completely average.

Maybe we should allow for one stat to be doubled?
>>
>>50685506

Potions of Endure Elements.
>>
Are there any maneuvers that allow a charge (or move+attack) from a single standard action? I don't even need a particularly powerful one, I just need an NPC to do just that.
>>
>>50685563
Maybe that's the point anon? Maybe?
>>
>>50685458
Thanks for the suggestion anon, I'll look into that.
>>
File: Smiling Lolth.png (497KB, 500x686px) Image search: [Google]
Smiling Lolth.png
497KB, 500x686px
>>50685519
It's SFW, unlike those pictures of her daughter, Eilistraee.
>>
>>50685530
>>50685542

But yes, I'm on the IRC!
>>
>>50685563
Nigga what. Under that system the shabbiest PC's was like what an 11 and 12 and the highest was like a 16 with most of the other PC's hovering around 13-15 range?

I'd say it has the opposite problem of everyone fit to be a PC and isn't a strawman God Wizard that dumped every stat isn't Int, Wisdom, and Con will technically be above average.
>>
>>50685607
12 str, 18 dex, 14 con and 7 cha gives a 6.375/10, which isn't /bad/, especially for a non-charisma character. I think the system is fine.
>>
>>50685681
>>50685607
My gripes are for charisma characters mainly. Unless you've got all your physical stats up there as well its hard to be "attractive".
>>
>>50685726
Charisma is a mental stat, not a physical one. You know how to carry yourself which makes you more attractive, it's not the end all be all of looks.

10/10 pls bear my children types should be rare as fuck.
>>
>>50685726
>confidence/poise isn't a deciding factor of attractiveness.
>>
>>50685775
The fact that the rating of women doesn't fall under a normal distribution makes me reeee a little inside every time I hear someone say "nah man she's a 8/10 or a 10/10."
>>
Which APs and Modules can most easily be used as a way to have the party move away from the campaign's main story and go somewhere else for a few sessions or even levels?
>>
>>50685810
4/10 for women is below average. below that you're dealing with total uggo's.
>>
>>50685590
is the irc mobile friendly? I browse\post a lot during slow peaks on the shift
>>
File: peek.png (76KB, 953x646px) Image search: [Google]
peek.png
76KB, 953x646px
>>50685519
More could probably be arranged
>>
>>50686097
You can get mobile apps for IRC anon. Even on older phone models.
>>
>>50686133
What about fat drow butts ?
>>
Can you refuse to resist something like a bullrush, say, so an ally can knock you far out of the way?
>>
>>50686046
Rise of the Runelords book 1 is pretty self-contained.
Otherwise, basically all modules and PFS scenarios.
>>
>>50686156
Yes.
>>
File: boodishot4.1.png (932KB, 1295x934px) Image search: [Google]
boodishot4.1.png
932KB, 1295x934px
>>50686143
Not my forte, but here ya' go I guess.
>>
>>50686143

I commissioned that from Dorian already. However, he sadly hasn't posted it yet.
>>
>>50686178
Nice. Although what's the value? 0? "bonuses+ as if you'd rolled a 1"? "however much you want"?
>>
File: 1456165319922.jpg (86KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1456165319922.jpg
86KB, 640x640px
>>50686219
>>
File: Boodi1.png (931KB, 1295x934px) Image search: [Google]
Boodi1.png
931KB, 1295x934px
>>50686219
>>50686221

Or there it is right there. Whoops. That's what I get for opening my big mouth. Here's the other half, then.
>>
File: 1382545653231.png (200KB, 350x394px) Image search: [Google]
1382545653231.png
200KB, 350x394px
>>50686133
>>50686219

We got tits for Elsbeth, only a matter of time for her!
>>
>when a bitchass player tries to tell you a weapon does something you know for a fact it does not
>>
File: 06d.jpg (44KB, 380x348px) Image search: [Google]
06d.jpg
44KB, 380x348px
>>50686219
>>50686262

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
>>
Technology and 3pp allowed; is there a way to get shoulder cannons?

I'll even settle for twin pistols
>>
File: tumblr_nzkrs1FxYO1sin6o1o1_1280.png (220KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzkrs1FxYO1sin6o1o1_1280.png
220KB, 600x1000px
>>50686293

Be prepared for just repeated statements of "More booty and cute!
>>
File: ZO4I1PJ.jpg (17KB, 233x287px) Image search: [Google]
ZO4I1PJ.jpg
17KB, 233x287px
>>50686345

I can get behind that.
>>
>>50686334
What do you mean "shoulder cannons"?
>>
File: Sanji.png (401KB, 532x640px) Image search: [Google]
Sanji.png
401KB, 532x640px
Hey so uh, would any of you guys be willing to give me some pointers on what I could do that would build me this guy?

25 point buy, starting at level 1, we get a bonus story feat (helps for flavor) and can take a minor flaw (like, presumably, a smoking addiction) to get an extra trait, and she's allowing any combinations of race, class, and 3pp so long as I run it by her first. This is her first time DMing so I don't want to make the character stupid broken from the outset, but some general guidelines would be appreciated, thanks.
>>
File: p;hioj.png (192KB, 987x702px) Image search: [Google]
p;hioj.png
192KB, 987x702px
Anyhoo. Guess last week's session was the last for this year which kinda sucks because it's another mid-combat cliffhanger; war with stars happened this week and the next few weeks will be devoted to holiday nonsense. How are you anons handling your last sessions of the year?
>>
>>50686492

I have no idea who that is, but the dessert makes me think he's a cook. So, going by that, DSP has made a martial tradition by the name of "Ordre des Repas Exotiques". Could use that as a starting point for backstory.

As for the actual build, who is that?
>>
>>50686546
Sanji, from One Piece.

>>50686492
Not everyone has seen One Piece, so you have to give a better description than posting a picture.
>>
File: 1479144495684.png (308KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
1479144495684.png
308KB, 500x502px
>>50686492
>it's another "help me build this guy, but I won't say what he does or who he is." episode
>>
>>50686546
>>50686587
Sorry, I forget that One Piece isn't as big in English speaking countries as it is in Japan. Anyway. his name is Sanji, and he's a martial artist who specializes in kicking his opponents into submission, as his philosophy is that his hands are meant for the kitchen. He's a ladies' man and is almost never seen without a cigarette.
>>
>>50686135
Cool, I'll look into more when I get home which might be awhile
>>
>>50686516

Moderate cliffhanger as well. Our group is trying to travel through an area of pure wild magic, to try and reach a group of subterranean not!alien mutant elves. To cap it off, my oracle got blasted by pure transmutation and is trying to not degenerate into a formless blob.
>>
>>50686623
Vigilante (Stalker) with Broken Blade.

Take a trait to give him Elemental Flux for movement abilites. You can probably give up Primal Fury.

Take Advanced Study to get the Unbroken Stride stance from Sleeping Goddess so that he can run on water.
>>
>>50686516
My Druid turned into a Dinosaur (DM let me turn into things without ever seeing them) and the group freaked the fuck out and killed him.
>>
>>50686676
>don't make anything too broken
>3/4ths of the recommended disciplines you suggest are broken
>>
>>50686623

Martial artist, no armor, loves cooking...

Hidden blade rogue who uses Broken Blade and Fool's Errand, following that tradition from before. Just shy away from any exploits often used by those disciplines.
>>
>>50682853
How is she getting a vigilante identity without any vigilante levels?
>>
>>50686755
She can put on a fucking mask
>>
What's the best way to make two-weapon fighting work if I want to be a guy dual wielding axes?
>>
>>50686797
The only real issue there is they would need to make a new disguise check every time they dawned the identity.
>>
>>50686707
>http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Leg_Style

Keep Primal Fury. Take Weapon Group Adaptation to make unarmed strikes a discipline weapon.
Take Monastic Weapon Training as a Stalker Talent.
Take Advanced Study to get the Unbroken Stride stance from Sleeping Goddess so that he can use Blue Walk and Sky Walk.
Take Advanced Study again to get an Elemental Flux strike or boost that copies Hell Memories.
>>
File: 1470720076090.jpg (19KB, 480x282px) Image search: [Google]
1470720076090.jpg
19KB, 480x282px
>>50686849
So just take 10.
>>
>>50686516
what this character?
>>
>>50686755
If you maintain a disguise long enough, you just GET a second identity.

And there's also Jolly's Masked Identity feats.
>>
>>50686838
DSPs feat that let's you use strength in black of dex for the twf feat chain prerequisite, and makes one handed weapons count as light for the twf penalty.
>>
File: Barbarian comm (YamaOcre).jpg (173KB, 641x900px) Image search: [Google]
Barbarian comm (YamaOcre).jpg
173KB, 641x900px
>>50686838
Dervish Defender (Warder) with Prodigious Two-Weapon Fighting.
>>
>>50686939
>>50686982
>Both need PoW
God damn it, I hate my DM's autism about it.
>>
>>50686991
I'd keep stuff like Deadly Agility, Prodigious TWF, etc even if I wasn't using initiation.
>>
>>50686991
Anon, most fun things in this system need 3pp because of Paizo's general ineptitude at writing good content, and track record of nerfing the shit out of the good stuff through FAQs for the sake of Society play, since that's their main consumer base.
>>
>>50686755
The theurgic brigand archetype can gain the vigilante's dual identity ability as one of their talent.
>>
>>50686991
Just get his ok to use the feats, and you should be good
>>
>>50687053
I've tried before,

His response is always "It will just open the floodgates for more 3PP, so no."
>>
>>50682854

>Pantheon
>the Neath

Um.
>>
>>50685563
Could use Comeliness instead.
([Str + Con]/8) + (Cha/2) + (3d6/4), maybe change the 3d6 to 4d6 drop lowest for PCs.
>>
>>50687084
Well, that's a much more close minded vew then I thought, sorry bud. Good luck trying to convince him in the future.
>>
>>50687104
Also, racial bonuses--you can find them here: http://fizzygoo.com/Dnd/Variant/Comelns.html
>>
>people actually take these comeliness/titsize/penissize generators seriously

I mean, they're just kidding, right?
>>
>>50687116
Yeah he's impossible.

He won't even consider Spheres after I told him about Soulfire.
>>
>>50687141
Hey pal, I never kid about memes.
>>
File: where do you think you are.png (936KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
where do you think you are.png
936KB, 644x644px
>>50687141
Let me answer your question with another question - where do you think you are?
>>
>>50687141
I am, but I keep going with it 'cause I think it's funny and kind of hot
>>
>>50687104
That seems really complicated anon, and really hard to find a reference point.
>>
>>50687147
The most I can offer is to remind him the pathfinder was made by homebrewers, and actively encourage customization though either the option rules they provide in every major book or personal homebrews.
>>
>>50686424
presumably anon wants hands free
>>
>>50687364
Cast spells through a familiar or something
>>
>>50686334
Be a Psion
Be a Sphere Caster and don't take Verbal or Somatic Components
>>
>>50687378
absolutely have to; Kineticist.

Even if I had 100 hands, if only 99 of them are empty I can't use Gather Power.

So I thought hey what if I can get a predator-style turret? Surely that's around.
>>
>>50687408
What? So you want to just blast shit? Go spherecaster, psion, jollylock, psyarm, avowed, or spellburst savant.
>>
>>50687390
>d don't take Verbal or Somatic Components
Do people do this?

There is literally no reason not to take those, it's free spell points.
>>
>>50687446
Somatic makes you vulnerable to shit like grapples though, and verbal won't work when silenced or in silence.
>>
>>50687446
>Free

If you wanna look at it like that.
>>
>>50687446
Well if you are like anon and don't want to use hands (for some reason that I think is related to being a kineticist and therefore shit.). Also silence/grapple are a thing too.
>>
>>50687446
>free
>has a cost

What did anon mean by this?
>>
>>50687456
>>50687471
I've only seen zone of silence used like twice against PC's.

If you're getting grappled as a caster you're already fucking up.
>>
>>50687408
If you weren't a kineticist, Aegis can grow extra weapon arms. But even if you fluff them as hardpoints they're 'prehensile' and will lock you out of gather power.

Make tiny gun-holding spiderbots that will happily hitch a ride on a significantly larger critter, and fire when ordered.

... In fact that gives me an idea...
>>
File: 1412995467718.jpg (21KB, 339x187px) Image search: [Google]
1412995467718.jpg
21KB, 339x187px
So, how's that Hell's Vengeance going?
>>
>>50687501
Somatic also necessitates having hands FREE.

So I hope you weren't planning on holding anything else at the time, anon.

Verbal also fucks over Stealth.
>>
>>50687501
That those drawbacks, while technically at coming at a cost are pretty much almost negligible. Like corner case scenario negligible.
>>
>>50687501
While that's true of Vancian casters in 1pp, when we're talking sphere blasters or the like in PoW situations, that's a different story.
>>
>>50687558
I mean Psionic Manifesters are in the same boat, there closest sphere analogue is just "Magical Signs"
>>
>>50687446
>No spherecaster ever wears armor

You know classes outside fullcasters exist, right?
>>
>>50687528
Doesn't really effect much since taking a hand off something is a free action, so not an issue unless you're dual wielding.
>stealth
You mean those guys who cast all their shit before they begin skulking around?
>>50687592
Well obviously you wouldn't take it if you were tromping around in heavy armor.
>You know classes outside fullcasters
Literally no reason to play a sphere caster that isn't at least mid, which all use light armor iirc. Meaning you can take somatic at least once a be fine.
>>
>>50687635
>He doesn't use magic in the middle of a heist

PLEB.
>>
>>50687666
>needing magic in the middle of a heist
Rookie.
>>
>>50687510

I have had a pot of piss thrown on me and I almost killed a dog.
>>
Tell me about the last death in your game.
>>
>>50687680
So a tuesday.
>>
>>50687730

Pretty much. Not bad for a first session though. I am pleased with it.
>>
File: catwoman's stylish exit.png (1MB, 950x949px) Image search: [Google]
catwoman's stylish exit.png
1MB, 950x949px
>>50687677
You do in Pathfinder, since the guards probably have access to magic or alchemy.
>>
What's the best human ethnicity for waifus on Golarion? My half-elf cleric is thinking of settling down, and elves are just too promiscuous and immoral to marry.
>>
>>50687777
>not forseeing every possibility ahead of time and buffing before hand

Do you even scry, maggot?
>>
File: PF - Average Osirian Cleric.jpg (284KB, 342x894px) Image search: [Google]
PF - Average Osirian Cleric.jpg
284KB, 342x894px
>>50687793
Cleric of what?
>>
>>50687797
>scry
>telling the future
>divination
>being 100% accurate
You know, you are why so many people get fucked when they play casters.
>>
>>50687809
The Trumpeter
>>
>>50687817
Better to have some info going in then none at all.
>>
>>50687774

Not done yet, though. I'm enjoying it as well.
>>
>>50687843
>actually expecting the DM to spoonfeed and coddle the party
>>
>>50687883
Good thing I have spells that do that for me.
>>
>>50686676
>>50686716
>>50686856
So I'll be entirely honest, I've never played a martial that uses PoW before, these Strikes and Stances and whatnot seem pretty cool, but how does one go about applying them to a character? They don't seem to have prerequisites like feats do...
>>
>>50687825
What is The Trumpeter?
>>
File: 1481385708339.jpg (287KB, 1280x1413px) Image search: [Google]
1481385708339.jpg
287KB, 1280x1413px
Awinita The Ox (Aka, Millie Gourdo V2.0)

>Shoanti tribe that Reveared ox totem, experiencing a famine
>Young girl speaks to the tribe shaman and asks "When will we be strong again?"
>"when we have dined upon one of every creature under the clouds." Probably meant it as something discouraging.
> The girl is confused at first but accepts the answer.
>Orcs attack and the tribe is killed to a man, Save the girl.
>From the shadows the girl sees the orcs canabalizing her tribe.
>Stricken with some fell epiphany, she deduces that the Shaman elder must have meant that to be come strong, she must kill and eat the the strong. By consuming their bodies, she consumes their strength.
>She's later found on the outskirts of Sandpoint spit-roasting some goblins. Shalelu finds her and, morbidly curious, takes her in as her apprentice.
>She has since named herself Awinita The Ox as she is the last of her Tribe. She knows that her Vow is rather silly, and impractical, but thus far it has shown results. If at the cost of snide remarks about her waistline.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1038545
>>
File: PoW Harbinger Kestrel.jpg (140KB, 900x1469px) Image search: [Google]
PoW Harbinger Kestrel.jpg
140KB, 900x1469px
>>50687918
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/systems-and-use
>>
>See beloved NPC murdered before our very eyes
>Paladin doesn't want to investigate at all
I swear this guy cannot Paladin.
>>
File: Iomedae_holy_symbol.jpg (96KB, 562x975px) Image search: [Google]
Iomedae_holy_symbol.jpg
96KB, 562x975px
>>50687920
DOOT
>>
>>50687942
>a literal fucking cannibal
I'm not sure if this is baller or not.
>>
>>50687947
Thanks sempai, I'll go through this and become a true martial master in no time.
>>
File: Morda.jpg (85KB, 540x589px) Image search: [Google]
Morda.jpg
85KB, 540x589px
So one of my future players is wiccan, due to that he really wants to play a Witch. The issue is I'm gently pushing players toward less overpowered characters and Witch is one of the strongest.

Are there any archetypes that nerf the witch? How about lower tier classes that hace that pagan witchcraft feeling? 3pp is fine.
>>
>>50687983

People used to eat the hearts of their foes to gain their courage. Not too much of a leap of logic to eat their bodies, to gain their strength.
>>
File: blehg.jpg (82KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
blehg.jpg
82KB, 680x680px
>>50687942
>vore
>>
File: SMT_IV_FINAL_Krishna.png (122KB, 440x564px) Image search: [Google]
SMT_IV_FINAL_Krishna.png
122KB, 440x564px
>>50687920
Krishna
>>
>>50687918
Basically if you have the ability to use maneuvers (whether from feat chains, or classes, or archetypes for practically every damn class out there short of full casters) they are things you know, kind of like...

Have you played 4e? The "encounter abilities" system was literally grown from the book of 9 swords (PoW's 3.5 predecessor). They are things you know, that you can do once per encounter (though there's ways to recover/recharge them too).

You apply them by knowing them (just like you may 'know' spells), and you select (again, a lot like spells) which ones are 'readied' for when you'll start a fight (while this can be done by day chances are you've got a 'default' set of favorites and those are what you usually have loaded).

Stances, you can have one of, but you basically can spend all day in it; think of it as some martial arts breathing technique or whatever.

When you want to use them, you just... do. They all have their action costs, the stance is toggled semi-passive bonuses that you're in (like "your speed is 10" higher and you can run on water" or something) until you swap to a different one.

So, you decide to use a standard action strike, that's your standard action. It's 'expended', the effects occur; almost always this will involve having you make an attack (but incompatible with vital strike as the action was the maneuver not a regular attack) and it'll have bonus effects if you hit.
>>
>>50687983
I actually made a cannibal for my character but scrapped it.

Raging Cannibal/True Primitive + Brutal Slayer Stalker

It was pretty fun in concept.

I was considering then adding VMC Cavalier or Oracle.
>>
So, do Path of War maneuvers enhance your attacks with your weapons?

Or do they not use your weapons at all?
>>
>>50688076
They use you weapons, though some don't. For example certain counters and manuvers are AoE attacks, but those will usually be specified.
>>
File: PoW_Mystic_(Fayelin).png (628KB, 980x989px) Image search: [Google]
PoW_Mystic_(Fayelin).png
628KB, 980x989px
>>50688076
Yes, they enhance your weapon attacks.

They are used as part of the attack during a standard action.
>>
>>50688054
What about initiator level? Is that literally just the level of the class I'm in that uses those stances or does it work more like spellcaster "levels"?
>>
>>50688076
There's some that are set damage, like "you fire off a beam of 6d6 electrical damage as a 10' line" or something. Or that do no damage at all.

the grand majority of maneuvers use your weapon - whether that's your dick(which I'm told is a euphemism for your dick) or your colossal blade (which I'm told is also a euphemism for your dick)
>>
Not really sure if this is the thread to be asking this, but here goes anyway.
So I'm a DM for a group that's mostly been doing 3.5e for the past year and a half, but our campaign had just finished up and we all decided to switch to Pathfinder for our next campaign.
I know that the two modules are similar, but I've seen differences in the mechanics of each, such as how many skill points you can have at level 1, and whatnot.
As a soon-to-be-Pathfinder DM, what are some of the more mechanical differences I should be looking out for in Pathfinder when compared to 3.5e?
>>
>>50688109
If you're a straight up initiator, that's the class level.

However it's a bit more multiclass-friendly; You also add half (round down as always) of NON initiator levels to this, to determine your maximum available level and the numerical value (as in if it says "add your initiator level").

You aren't learning new techniques though (your known/readied isn't changing) but the maximum usable ones do increase, which is particularly handy if you get the chance to swap some old ones out.
>>
>>50688142
>>50688104
>>50688089
Alright, cool, just needed to double check before allowing PoW in my game.

Now to figure out when enemies should start using PoW stuff...
>>
>>50688109
Initiator level to your levels in a martial disciple class+1/2 your other class levels. It's used to determine what level of maneuver you can use.

For example a warder 3/Wizard 4 has an initiator level of 5 and can use 3rd level maneuvers.

Get it?
>>
File: !!!!!.jpg (122KB, 717x449px) Image search: [Google]
!!!!!.jpg
122KB, 717x449px
>>50688154
RUN!
RUN YOU FOOLS!
GET THE FUCK OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!
>>
Is it safe to assume the Fey Player Companion hasn't been leaked yet?
>>
>>50688154

Very little changes. Skills remain the same they just call it something different for that +3 you get for taking class skills.
>>
>>50688175
When the PCs reach level 4.

I'm not basing this on experience, but it sounds like the level they could survive a maneuver.
>>
>>50688154
As someone who went from almost entirely 3.5 to pathfinder, I'll say that Perception melding all of the sight/listening/other sense-based checks is probably the biggest godsend to your players that they'll get after moving over, and that just by itself will make it difficult for you all to move back. Aside from that, grappling uses a different system entirely from 3.5 but once you get how it works it's so much more beautiful in its simplicity, and as much as some people here might disagree I find that it's a lot less bloated with unneeded 3pp material.
>>
Chargen gives me headaches. So worried about doing things right.

Can someone explain to me why initiation modifiers are important again?
>>
>>50684417

In a setting where an elixir that instantly and perfectly changes one's sex is a few hundred GP up from being a party favor as far as PCs are concerned, why would anyone ever buy these?
>>
>>50688220
Depends on your style and the character. They can affect class features, save DC's on maneuvers, or bonus stuff from stances.
>>
>>50688175
Be very careful with that.
"enemies" tend to have a level of expendability that the PCs don't get.

But a good way is to give middling enemies (like, not the 50 level 1 mooks) one or two techs, and save real initiating for full-fledged and *dangerous* combatants.

It's kind of like how you don't give "6/day empowered fireball, 2/day twin-maximized prismatic spray" to a 10-pack of fucking hellhounds and expect it to be anything other than rocks fall at level 8.

But if you're facing 10 guys as two 'fireteams', the leader of each 5-group has martial training with a single strike or counter, it'll work out rather well.

Because when the guy with the Madsen is given Aurora Break and Tempest Volley, it's no different from having them face a ragepounce barbarian built for 1k+ DPR.
>>
>>50687983
If its a dietary choice, its edgy.

If its cultural / religious, its justifiable.

In India, cannibals ate people as a sort of respect for the dead, "keeping their loved ones close to them" in an almost literal sense.

In Africa, certain hunters ate their kills, including other people, because hunting for sport is disrespectful to nature by wasting food - So killing a fellow man, often in an act of war or self-defense and eating some part of him is a show of respect, odd that may be.

In South america, cannibalism is said to be a God's example, they have gods who say that eating their fellow man gave them that man's power. This is the same culture that practices human sacrifice.

In Asia, cannibalism is a show of aggression and saber-rattling. Warriors would often feast on their enemies because they thought it makes them braver. A sort of "We are merely predators hunting our prey" kinda mental conditioning.
>>
>>50688167
>>50688176
So if I get this right, an initiator is any class that specializes in martial combat, correct? So for instance, if I was a vigilante or Rogue as the fellas above suggested I'd only need to go at a 1-1 ratio in terms of qualifying for maneuvers and stances?
>>
>>50688220
Initiation modifier changes a couple of things. For one, initiating classes have bonuses tied in to their modifier. Warlord gains a bonus to will saves, Stalker and Warder to Initiative, Harbinger to AC, etc. It also modifies the save DC of your maneuvers, which is usually something along the lines of 10+Maneuver Level+Initiation modifier.
>>
>>50688258

Maybe you don't WANT to be permanently the opposite sex. maybe you wanna regulate your peroids. Maybe it might be cheaper.
>>
>>50688269
An initiator is someone who gets manuvers as a class feature. So classes like
>Warder
>Warlord
>Stalker
>Zealot
>Mystic
>Harbinger
>Medic
>Path of War archetypes
So a Hidden Blade Rogue is an initiator, but a Fighter or Standard Rogue is not.
>>
>>50688274
My mistake, harbinger gets it to hit, not AC.
>>
>>50688258
hundreds of GP is a tall order for someone who doesn't raid dungeon for a living.
>>
>>50688175
Rule of thumb: NEVER give full casters/manifesters initiating.

Not only can you end a campaign outright by letting a fucking wizard Break the Hourglass, but you're opening a can of worms for their next 'builds' that should never have been opened. You are releasing the flood upon your own galaxy, except the flood is made of fucking Metroids with frickin lasers on their <heads?>
>>
>>50688269
A Caster is someone that uses spells; usually the Arcane/Divine slot system

A Manifester is someone that uses psionic powers.

Ergo; an initiator is a maneuver user. Someone that uses the PoW system.
>>
Speaking of initiating, I'm thinking of making a vigilante doctor Polymath Investigator, and I'm wondering what the best weapons for a Steel Serpent specialist would be.

Also, not really sure what to grab for a level 7 stance, I have no interest in the grappling stance Steel Serpent gets at the 3rd level.
>>
>>50688311
Full Casters and Manifesters can't even get initiating without feats and even then it's hella stunted.

Besides mixing ray attacks with PoW boosts can be fun.
>>
File: monorail.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
monorail.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>50688332
Monowhip.
Monowhip.
Monowhip.
Monowhip.
>>
>>50688289
Gotcha, so when they said Stalker Vigilante they meant the Vigilante that's in PoW and not the Vigilante that's considered a Base class in d20pfsrd. Things suddenly make a lot more sense.
>>
File: _zeC1P.gif (346KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
_zeC1P.gif
346KB, 320x180px
>>50688268
Awinita is eating her foes, and other creatures she kills, for the metaphysical benifits. and maybe physical benifits. Those Orcs have a +4 racial bonus to strength. Their meat is obviously full of GAINS.
>>
>>50688338
I didn't say it was impossible, I said "don't do it" to a GM.
>>
>>50688311
I'm pretty fucking sure you can't get 9th level maneuvers with martial training unless you get into some multi-classing shenanigans and even then you aren't really a full caster at that point.
>>
>>50688351

Right, fair point, but what if I can't use the tech guide?
>>
>>50688266
I was mostly planning for them to be used by big name enemies anyways.

Like if the players have spent a good amount of time getting into this guy's base, after fighting his forces for quite a few sessions, I think he should have a stance and know a few maneuvers.
>>
File: CD_13AA2DEA-006.png (33KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
CD_13AA2DEA-006.png
33KB, 512x448px
>>50688360
BUILD, MY BROTHER!

BUILD!

*POSE!*
>>
>>50688353
Yes, it's the base class Stalker with the archetype Vigilante. Confusing, since there's also the base class Vigilante with the specialization Stalker.
>>
>>50688360
I HAVE BECOME...

HUGE.
>>
>>50688311
But then your PCs can't fight the BBEG in a world of frozen time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oURw11sSjp4
>>
>>50688373
Nonsense! Just do some jank combination of a sphere caster, focus sphere, bladecaster/battletemplar/awakened blade and practiced initiator!
>>
What does Autism Fighter look like? If I were to see him walking around what would his appearance be? Let's assume he has his mutagen going.

What about when raging? Or when he goes to HUGE LEVEL MAX?
>>
>>50688415

...I'm gonna need to use this.
>>
File: Kabuto.jpg (111KB, 320x350px) Image search: [Google]
Kabuto.jpg
111KB, 320x350px
>>50688415
Well, the God of Speed CAN use a single standard action during someone's Clock-Up...
>>
>>50688360
a lot of meat in PF is bad for consumption though

Troll meat might kill a man by obstructing his gullet.

Ghoul meat is pretty much eating a rotted corpse.
>>
>>50688423
>sphere caster
>in anyway comparable to the potential of a Vanician Caster or Psionic Manifester
Also
>Vancian Prestige classes
>Working with Sphere Casting
>>
>>50688431
Reminds me I still gotta make a Speed Henshin Hero sometime.

Gotta go faaaaaaaaaaast.
>>
>>50688446
Now you're just tempting me to make a Dungeon Meshi Adventuring chef.
>>
>>50688461
If you're looking to make an adventuring chef you might as well model it after Toriko, isn't that anime all about eating literally every animal that's ever existed in that world?
>>
File: priorities.png (651KB, 933x868px) Image search: [Google]
priorities.png
651KB, 933x868px
>>50688461
>>
>>50688451

You know some PrCs might be workable, like Eldritch Knight. My rule is that you divide your caster level by 2 and subtract 1 to determine the level of spells you can cast to determine what prestige classes you can enter.
>>
>>50688446
>Troll meat might kill a man by obstructing his gullet.
That's why you heat it up so it won't regenerate. Besides a little throat obstruction never stopped a true connoisseur, why in the land of Minkai I heard the eat live octopus!
>ghoul
No shit you wouldn't eat unread.
>>50688461
I played one for a "oneshot" it was pretty fun. Gonna boil up some Otugugy(can never fucking spell that) when I get out of the dungeon.
>>
>>50688485
>unread
I kekked
>otyugh
They're slimy trash dogs. I can't image that would taste good without about a week of preparation.
>>
>>50688508
>I can't image that would taste good without about a week of preparation.
That's the challenging part.
>>
>>50688482
They do actually just have a rule that's 'half CL to determine spell level' for things like concentration checks.
>>
>>50688446
>>50688479

This is a lady with an iron stomach. once she hits level 10 she can eat gold bricks and gain nutrition from it.
>>
>>50688485
that's Hwanggot, you racist

in Minkai they eat it raw
>>
>>50688508
See you say that but they have that one fish that will literally kill you with its poison if the chef isn't good enough to slice it up without letting the poison get into the good part of the fish.
>>
>>50688534
Huh, I must've overlooked that.
>>
>>50688461
I actually rolled a Bard whose profession was 'frontiersman / journeyman'

He finds value in everything he kills.

Furs and Scales he sells off for clothing.

Blood, Piss and Shit he sells off to alchemists because they might discover a new reagent.

Bones he sells off to craftsmen who fashions them to sword handles or actual weapons

Eyes and Brains, etc, he sells off to eccentric wizards.

Edible meats, he cooks or turns to jerky for later.
>>
>>50688552

Fugu, I think it's called.
>>
>>50688552
I'm not saying that people won't eat it. I'm saying it won't taste good without some serious preparation. Purge, leach, butcher, clean, leach again, the whole nine yards.
>>
>>50688576
Might I add, all the gold he earns is usually a pittance. He spends it on lodging, booze and whores.
>>
>>50688584
>. I'm saying it won't taste good without some serious preparation
Yes and...
>>
what race would be a good fit for a bard

i'm thinking of oread since they get a +5ft bonus to their bardic performance
>>
>>50687942

Wait... How are you using a Falcata? I dont see exotic weapon proficiency anywhere in your feats.
>>
>>50688578
That's what it's called.

Anyway I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of all of this PoW stuff, I'll be sure to look it over a few more times just to be sure that I know exactly what I'm doing but I can see why you all treat it like the holy grail for martial classes.
>>
>>50688605
If you just boil it you're going to ruin it. You'll start cooking the meat and get it all mucked up.
>>
File: 1469051012432.png (698KB, 1150x822px) Image search: [Google]
1469051012432.png
698KB, 1150x822px
>>50688610
Kitsune!
>>
>>50688615
Everyman Unchained Fighter.

You get proficiency in everything in your First weapon training group.
>>
>>50688631
You should kill yourself.
>>
File: 1472264213349.png (5MB, 2894x4093px) Image search: [Google]
1472264213349.png
5MB, 2894x4093px
>>50688646
+2 CHA and DEX is exactly what a bard needs though. Not to mention the racial boost to enchantment spells.
>>
ayo
where on the character sheet do you lads tend to put your destruction sphere blasts on roll20?
>>
>>50688698
I don't use roll20 sheets, they're pure shit.

I just make a macro, most of the math is the same.
>>
>>50688716
Yeah I know they are but my players really want to use the pathfinder sheet.
>>
>>50688688
You should still consider suicide.
>>
>>50688631
The once and future king of shitposts!
>>
So how many distinct "types" of magic are there in Pathfinder?

There's Psychic, Divine, and Arcane magic, of course. Then you have prepared/spontaneous/arcanist-style casting within the latter two groups. But I'm talking like, the different STYLES of magic that certain classes have. A Shaman, a Druid, and a Cleric are all prepared divine casters using Wisdom as their casting score, but they all go about their business in entirely different ways.

The way I see it, there's the following sort of "types" of magic, disregarding archetypes because those muddy the waters a good deal, but this is what I've dredged up:

>Arcane
Natural Talent, i.e Sorcerers, Arcanists
Patronage, i.e Witches
Study, i.e Wizards

>Divine
Naturalistic, i.e Shamans, Druids
Theological, i.e Clerics
Miraculous/divine intervention, i.e Oracles

>Psychic
This is where it gets kind of weird, because all of the "psychic" magic classes are fluffed as sourcing their powers from different areas and planes entirely, but, here goes:

Channeling the spirits, i.e the Medium, Spiritualist
Unlocking their inner psychic potential through discipline, i.e the fucking Psychic
Using the psychic energy of everyday objects, i.e the Occultist
Harnessing the power of the Elemental Planes i.e the Kineticist
Drawing their power from the Astral Plane to influence minds, i.e the Mesmerist.

Anyone got suggestions for this, anything I missed?
>>
>>50688770
But that's all vancian, baka.
>>
>>50688774
Well shit, whodafuckinthunkit! There wasn't a single mention of the actual mechanics of Vancian in there (apart from prepared/spontaneous but that wasn't dwelled upon), just some notes on where classes that cast spells got their powers from. I think it's some pretty interesting shit dude!
>>
File: 58372138_p0.png (2MB, 1000x1386px) Image search: [Google]
58372138_p0.png
2MB, 1000x1386px
>>50688811
I mean, I guess if you didn't know. Glad I could help!
>>
>tfw you haven't played any games with PoW because your group is too retarded for 3pp
I wanna do cool initiator things.
>>
Well since we are falling, lets post some character themes.

Awinita

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pneStvpVv-Q
>>
File: 1480363680866.jpg (865KB, 1600x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1480363680866.jpg
865KB, 1600x1044px
>>50688896
Molthuni Imperial Army theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_6AQA4uzD0

I swear to god if that shitposter shows up
>>
File: iconproto2.png (284KB, 1080x940px) Image search: [Google]
iconproto2.png
284KB, 1080x940px
>>50688896
I couldn't think of one, so the DM tossed one out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53lfXb73z3c
>>
Hey! I'm actually going to be GMing Pathfinder for the first time in about 3 weeks. I've opted to run Rise of the Runelords, Anniversary Edition. While I've GM'd for 5e before, and have played Pathfinder, I've never run it. Any advice that anyone has to offer, for Pathfinder in general or the adventure path itself? Any good resources to speed up gameplay?
>>
Croupier Battle theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkGCE_71WRc

Fighting a Drakainia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVY8ThRDJSs
>>
>>50688896
>tfw no one will give my character a theme.
Feels weird man.
>>
>>50689021
Anon, a theme is something you find yourself.
>>
File: Smug Kitsune.png (200KB, 593x728px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Kitsune.png
200KB, 593x728px
>>50688896
Di, the Fox of Fort Ramgate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKsWTPSlBCE
>>
>>50688896

Jean Glitterdust
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-6WCqppQbs
>>
>>50689048
>Soul Nomad
My melanin enriched brother.
>>
File: Fionna.Deverin.vigilante.jpg (26KB, 389x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fionna.Deverin.vigilante.jpg
26KB, 389x600px
>>50685440
Alright, I've reworked the backstory a bit based on those comments, how does this look?

Fionna Deverin
Human Warlord||Beguiler (Theurgic Brigand)

>Daughter of Kendra Deverin and childhood friend of Ameiko.
>As a young girl she was wild and unruly as a reaction to her powers manifesting, her friendship with Ameiko was probably the only thing that kept her sane during this time
>Was shipped off to boarding school run by the Magnimar Navy to "get disciplined".
>Initially spent a lot of spare time in Underbridge practicing her magic with local beguilers, but as she advanced in her schooling and matured this side of her life lost its appeal.
>Upon graduating, she joins the Magnimar city watch, but quickly becomes frustrated by the limits of what she could do as a guard.
>As she becomes more and more disillusioned she begins to return to Underbridge, feeding the beguilers intel on their competition in return for some formal training.
>Breaking point occurs one night as she witnesses a young sczarni boy (around 12 years old) pocketing a dose of pesh and follows him to an abandoned warehouse on the docks.
>Inside she finds dozens of Tian girls in chains, sex slaves waiting to go to market. The boy is offering one of the girls a hit of pesh in return for sexual favors. Fionna sees her best friend Ameiko in each and every one of the girls and goes balistic. She beats the boy nearly to death.
>She is dismissed from the city watch and returns to Sandpoint in disgrace.
>Sandpoint is full of the same kind of corruption, the same kind of people who are willing to let criminals escape for the sake of due process.
>She takes on her vigilante mantle and stalks the streets of Sandpoint at night, willing to do whatever must be done to uphold her sense of justice.
>>
You might want to wait until the next thread anon, this one's going to die soon.
>>
>>50688896

>Potential Tree Ninja themes for in/out of combat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuC3n7brNmo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWNcRWnKw_w

>Amandia non-combat Perhaps memorial to father?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZeomtLGCbc
>>
>>50689141
Nice, altered the one thing I hand a problem with, but your character, as of now, seems to tied to sandport. After all, the journey is going to leave sandport not on the quest of good, but mystery. The big thing here is you need the character to have a good reason to leave sandport.
>>
>>50689141
Can I ask what her alignment and her vigilante identity's alignment are?
>>
New thread: >>50689231
>>50689231
>>50689231
>>50689231
>>50689231
>>
>>50688961
Would this also work for an Imperial March? Or is it more in line with some other faction?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i0zMEYmO4E
>>
>>50689259
too spacey, too much of just being a drumbeat.
>>
>>50688896
>Unity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dPaVk4G1jg

>Jhavul
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM

>Queen Ileosa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCk2A17Py64
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCUeVmboXtk
this theme might be of use to one of you?
>>
>>50689317
Broken World's King was better for initiators that want to yell out their attacks.
Thread posts: 358
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.