[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1223: VITRIOL-SOAKED ORICALCHUM RECLAMATION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 431
Thread images: 57

>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>50661077
>>
can anyone give me some references for
[style]s in /co/co/’s Bizarre Adventures? I'm not quite getting how they Are constructed or what they do, despite having read the majority of what is written so far
>>
Anyone know how Ghost of Jumpers Past from Shaman King works?
>>
So what are your devil tiger anima powers going to be anyways?
Don't be lame and just say a copy of the fiend caste either even if it's very good.
>>
http://pastebin.com/B8vSjWtX

Power Armor section is done. How's it look, folks?
>>
So, would it be better to be a male channeler for raw power, but a female channeler if you're companion-focused?
>>
>>50670215
Channeler?
>>
>>50670204
Why would you do anything else? It's either that or a raw stat boost. Any cool idea you could come up with is better off as a Charm.
>>
>>50670225
From Wheel of Time.
>>
>>50670204
Is something like a Softcap for attributes possible?
>>
>>50670237
I was personally thinking of being able to attune to any magical material properly.
Not the most powerful, but why should dragon fags get all the attack speed?
I'm waiting for solars to get proper charmshare so missing out on fiend caste isn't a big deal for me.
>>
File: TURN AROUND.png (351KB, 693x659px) Image search: [Google]
TURN AROUND.png
351KB, 693x659px
What is the worst way you've flirted with people and why is it likely something like pic related
>>
>>50670237
Why would you do that? There are probably easier ways to learn Charms from people, and then it stops being useful when you leave Exalted.
>>
>>50670273
That's literally just a one dot artifact. Not that it should matter to an Infernal, since you can just taint any magical material with vitroil to attune to it anyway.
>>
>>50670258
You already get that by being an exalt to a degree. Your maximum ability stat caps are raised to your essence level so getting superbly inhuman stats is doable without any fiddling.

As for whether that's viable as an anima power, I don't know. the others don't seem anywhere near doing that kind of thing and it's something you're supposed to clear with your ST.
>>
>>50670210

You need to add 500sp more to the budget
>>
>>50670215
More or less. Of course that assumes that your other companions are channelers as well.
>>
File: 1478824735202.gif (621KB, 287x400px) Image search: [Google]
1478824735202.gif
621KB, 287x400px
>>50670337
>For everything else, you receive +1500 Suit Points to spend on all other upgrades. If you wish, you may convert 100 choice points into 100 more Suit Points as many times as you want, but not vice-versa.

>Previously value was +1000

Already did.
>>
>>50670204
Probably lighting things on Fire with a side of bonuses to analyzing your opponents weaknesses.
>>
Asking again but what are the current manga jumps being developed/claimed?
>>
File: 456086453.png (300KB, 1086x941px) Image search: [Google]
456086453.png
300KB, 1086x941px
>>50670197
Choose a Jump you've already completed. You lock off your own access to those powers and perks, forming them into a ghost. They are now /your/ ghost and you can use them to form an Oversoul, with abilities based on the perks you just locked off.

They don't gain any extra CP from this process, but you can give them CP out of your own so they can buy perks. You can either keep this "ghost" around as a sub-companion (which keeps the perks and powers locked away), fuse with them again post-jump to unlock your powers (but they cannot buy Mochirei perks at a discount), or turn them into a full Companion post-jump (which, again, keeps your perks locked away).

It is a little confusing to read, I'll admit.

>>50670210
Heavens, it's looking great. Even with 1500 points I'm still going to be biting my nails over what to pick, but I'll make it work.

>>50670279
>Pic related, coupled with a comment about Ba Donk A Donk to a person who had no idea what that even meant. She thought I was trying a new magic spell and demanded to know why I was trying to cast it at her butt.
>>
>>50670352
What's next on the list, companions or items?
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 2.png (278KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 2.png
278KB, 300x450px
>>50670210
>http://pastebin.com/B8vSjWtX
How good is this? Not too good but this is rich beyond measure. Thanks!
>>
>>50670304
I don't like the vitriol tainted aesthetics to be honest.
I think not having to carry something extra around to use jade bracers cheese is worth the anima banner slot as well.
Unless I decided I really want to get the old twilight soak cheese there's not a lot of other things I really want.
Which is partially why I was asking.
>>
>>50670204
My Devil-Tiger themes are going to be based around classic hard science fiction taken into mythic proportions. So lots of space imagery. I'm thinking that my anima power would be about blurring my position in space as I reach out with a tiny echo of my cosmic expanse. Basically, it would let me count myself as being anywhere within (Essence) meters centered around my actual position for purposes of supernatural effects. Possible uses would be things like entering into the region of a magical effect while being unaffected since I'm considered to be outside it, or extending my reach to let me use Touch-range abilities at a distance. I figure that I might have some charms to modify my anima, too, let me extend the range further.
>>
>>50670279
I'm a fan of using innuendo heavy language to flirt and buffing its effectiveness with charisma, conceptual beauty, and pheromone perks.

What's worst about that? Not a damn thing.
>>
>>50670210
Like I hope that there's an option to turn CP into SP, because even with 1500SP I'm still going to have to make some hard decision about what to leave off my shopping list.
>>
>>50670364
If there's something you're wanting to make, you're better off asking about that directly instead of trying to be sly and make it a surprise.
>>
Jumper's, of all the times you revealed someone's implausible yet accurate background, which was would have made the best episode of Jerry Springer/Maury/Whatever?

>Hey, Negi, guess what?
>You're incapable of fathering children.
>And as far as anyone is willing to admit, you never score.
>Also, for whatever reason, the doctors trying to get around this used Asuna's DNA as the other half of your kid.
>But you don't even get to raise him, because you caught the same thing your dad did
>Evangeline had to raise the kid instead, and she's lucky she's not glued to the school at that point
>She's also lucky that your son is the reason she's into Springfields in the first place, apparently.
>Did I mention that, of all the girls after your son's junk, Evangeline is winning.
>>
>>50670365
Are you sure the powers remain locked away post jump? That seems a little...weird.
>>
>>50670420
It's right at the top. It's a 100:100 conversion.
>>
>>50670441
What a stupid sounding plot.
>>
>>50670166

They appear to just be anime combat techniques with posing being an inherent part of things instead of stylistic

Stray Cat Struttin' looks a lot like that technique that the guy from one piece uses, Captain Kuro's cat out of the bag technique

Knuckles' styles are flight and electricity generation
Johnny's style is just an attack reflection

So just write 'em like any other basic unique anime ability
>>
>>50670430
Don't want to claim anything because I'll either never do it, not finish it, or never post it because it would be shit.
>>
>>50670460
Ah, so it is. I missed it because it was part of a paragraph instead of its own separate item. I figured it would be in the general items section, that's usually where that sort of point conversion for use on a sub-table goes. Well, whatever, that doesn't matter. Point is, I might just be able to buy everything I want. Excellent.
>>
File: c27e5bd9f6b5b8e0ed22cde4b0dbb7e7.jpg (369KB, 895x1000px) Image search: [Google]
c27e5bd9f6b5b8e0ed22cde4b0dbb7e7.jpg
369KB, 895x1000px
>>50670444
That was the way it was the last time I heard anything on the issue and the option itself seems to back that up. Admittedly, it is a little weird unless you want to turn a silver of yourself into a Companion. I don't know that I've seen anyone pick it.
>>
>>50670279
Well, I haven't done it yet, but eventually I'm going to offer someone a bouquet of the Hell Flowers from the Infernals jump.
>>
>>50670204
I'm basically altering these off of cannon ones. Let me know if they are OP and tell me if you can think of a way to bring them in line .

Inherent- Child of the Forgefather
the " I haven't thought of it yet"always adds his Essence in automatic successes to Crafting rolls.

Active-Juxtaposition shattered by infernal hammers
at the cost of 10 motes
opponents targeting the " I haven't thought of it yet" lose dice equal to his essence As strange geometries unfurl around him , Altering the path of Their strikes in impossible ways

Iconic- Power-unfires of the void Forge
sort of something like The general effect of Fire Caste Anima Banners only more so and without a specific type of damage.
>>
>>50670472
Then please stop asking, because you're giving everyone the wrong idea.
>>
>>50670441
I get the feeling you don't like UQ Holder.
>>
>>50670472
Oh. It's you again. In that case, wait a couple of days and then just post a general question about WIPs. Alternately if there's something you're interested in, ask if someone is working on that and see if you can generate interest. Just don't be obnoxious about it.

And again, don't keep beating this drum.
>>
>>50670471
thanks Digger that Should help, now I figure out how to do that for Pam Poovey, Maybe something that makes her strikes Harder to dodge .
>>
>>50670466
To be fair, it's less dumb than I'm making it sound. Not much less dumb, but there's a logical chain of thought for most of it.
>>
>>50670441
>Did I mention that, of all the girls after your son's junk, Evangeline is winning.
You say that like it's a bad thing.
>>
>>50670643
Yeah, she's not hard to look at at all.
>>
>>50670197
Yoro got it pretty much spot on. >>50670365

A minor addition, if you do make them a companion, then they do get discounts.

>>50670444
Powers locked away = made into a companion = discounts on mochirei perks
Powers not lost = fused back together = no discounts.
>>
>>50670524
While I don't think it's too bad, there's no real way that plot's happening on my watch given how long it takes place after the Negima jump and what I plan on doing there.

I'm still waiting to see how this ends up, but they'd need a much better reason than I've seen so far. There's plenty of comics where some person from a shitty future gets to move to the main one after averting it.
>>
>>50670643
I want a UQ holder jump for the sole reason that she looks too young in the Negima.
>>
>>50670701
You realize she's perfectly capable of looking like that in Negima too?
>>
>>50670643
It's more for the shock value, both on Negi's end as well as Evangeline being confronted with the idea that she's robbing the cradle so hard the poor boy hasn't even been born yet.
>>
>>50670687
So why do you sometimes post as Blade and other times as Cthulhu?
>>
>>50670714
I know but it feels weird, she is a middle school student regardless of her true age.
>>
okay how does this look for a style?

Pam's style
[style]catch number 22
this style is based around exploiting the differences between oneself and one's opponent
if opponent is stronger than her She becomes quicker and more evasive and they find themselves tiring quicker,if she is stronger than her opponent She becomes more durable and gains additional strength at the cost of speed and evasion
>>
>>50670743
Well that's still true in UQ. She's just able to keep the illusion of her older self in place permanently without Scholastic Hell sealing her magic.
>>
>>50670701
>UQ
What's that?
>>
So, how did you deal with it the last time you took a no outside powers drawback? Did you hide in your house, avoiding all stairs? Did you adventure anyway, because you're confident in your skills? Did you also take an amnesia drawback, so you didn't really notice?
>>
>>50670718
Because he still thinks we don't know and still believes people besides the shitposter actually care /where/ he's from instead of /what/ he does.
>>
>>50670780
Sequel to Negima, I stopped reading a while ago but I believe it is about a group of immortals including Negi's grandson.
>>
>>50670792
>So, how did you deal with it the last time you took a no outside powers drawback?

I didn't. You have to be literally retarded to take one of those, or at least one of those that fully seals them away (or something like Overlord, where you're made top-tier right off the bat).
>>
>>50670792
I only take those when the in setting options are sufficient to ensure my survival.
>>
>>50670792
proper paranoia,building Smarter not harder,several millennia of Actual combat experience and training, rather than just relying on perks, the help of my friends and planning ,planning, planning. plus I still had my driver belt since kamen rider Equipment was not included in the Nerf
>>
>>50670718
To prevent THAT from being brought up every time I made a post.
>>
>>50670352
>>50670352

>Already did.

Okay then, what about changing the point transfer from a 1:1 to 1:2 because everything is so expensive
>>
>>50670780
Negima's stealth sequel. It's conflict between immortals and how it sucks when you've got the kind that lets you feel what it's like to be run through a blender. And why it really sucks to be a male lead in a harem anime when your bloodline's cursed.

Also, a bunch of girls want Negi's son's dick, to no one's surprise.
>>
>>50670834
You mean your lewd jump? No one gives a shit if you don't mention it here. People generally aren't going to bring it up unless it's the resident troll trying to bait you.
>>
>>50670718
He only posts as Cthulhu here when yelling at the one moron who likes to post his QQ jump here in the thread.
>>
>>50670792
I took it in Doom.txt since it was so early in my chain.
Hitscan is a bitch, but since that jump is literally the game and I know it front to back, baiting out the zombies wasn't too tough.
Since there's a perk to remove fall damage, stairs were thankfully a non issue.

I bailed after Doom 2. Plutonia is for greater men than I.
>>
>>50670718
Why do you keep bringing it up?

Just kidding, I know why. As an attack.
>>
>>50670792
By riding Strong Fate like a pony into the sunset.
>>
>>50670792
I take those all the time. Basically free points considering how I like to operate anyways. Admittedly, it's a little scary knowing that all my "Oh Shit!" powers aren't there for when things go south. I do tend to be a bit more cautious out of necessity, but once my in-universe powers are trained to a certain point, I stop worrying about things so much.

The last time I took one was in Shaman King, where I took Singular Reincarnation and An Army of Me, Myself, and I. Considering I had very little interest in the plot and much of the world was otherwise normal, it was actually a fun Jump. We did a Road Trip episode for the Coordinator. I was a little worried that it wouldn't be exciting enough for him, but he seemed to think we'd earned a small vacation.

Befriending all my alternate selves was a lot more of a hassle than I expected it to be, but there are some fun memories tucked in there. Saving Ramna 1/2 Yoro from the harem that he had unintentionally gathered was a barrel of laughs, and having a literal seduction-off with Fallout Yoro was... interesting. Most of the rest demanded a good, old-fashioned duel before they were willing to submit, but even those weren't deadly serious affairs.

Except for Imawabi No Dakini Yoro. He was nothing but a blood-drenched monster that needed to be put down. A real slap in the face for me considering I thought I had been mostly helping people during those ten years.
>>
Well, I did some stuff and I'd like some opinions on it so far.

Changelog:
>Fuck if I know. A bunch of stuff.
>>
>>50670529
You might be confusing me with someone else. I asked about WIP manga Jumps at the end of the last thread and because of that I'd thought I ask again at the beginning of this thread. This is the first time I'm asking about this stuff.
>>
File: him.png (611KB, 1258x814px) Image search: [Google]
him.png
611KB, 1258x814px
>>50670279
I was going to challenge Domon to a fist fight but I got so nervous that I stuttered and nervously laughed. He accepted it anyway, though.
>>
>>50670973
you have good taste in husbandos
>>
>>50670964
It's honestly pretty pointless to ask about specific WIP categories, given that jumpmakers come from all different timezones, and most of them only glance through the thread. A guy working on a manga IP probably will even see your question.
>>
File: Malfias.jpg (187KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
Malfias.jpg
187KB, 760x596px
>>50670204
No fucking idea.
Justice's themes are primarily based around Love, Justice, Redemption, Crafting, Punching people in the face, etc.
Gamer's themes are Minions, Summoning, Buffs, Ego
Tiger's Themes are Kingship, Fighting, Weaponscrafting, Black Steel(custom MM), Reverence

I have no idea how to turn those ideas into an Anima power. Charms? Sure I've got ideas, but nothing for Anima powers.

Also, I'mma need tosses so I can roll for Tiger's first actual jump.
>>
File: feels good feels organic.jpg (5KB, 253x90px) Image search: [Google]
feels good feels organic.jpg
5KB, 253x90px
>>50670992
thanks, domon kasshu is 100% husband material and i love him
>>
>>50671020
Will Gamer be going to Gamer?
>>
>>50670963
>You went with only 1 1000cp option each.
Dammit. . .
>>
>>50671035
Maybe if a good jump of it is ever made.
>>
>>50671049
You know about BLADE's new version, right?
>>
>>50671062
He said a good version, anon.
>>
>>50671062
It is much better than the older one but it still has some issues.
>>
>>50669506
>Unless I've missed anything?

That after you've told them any of this, Simurgh will see their possible future reactions - even those of precogs to a limited extent - and escalate accordingly.

That while Scion is generally oblivious/uncaring of what the talking sacks of meat do, per his Interlude in canon he is still capable of easily monitoring dimensional/parahuman/endbringer activity planet-wide and will notice if the Simurgh majorly escalates. You don't want him investigating why.

TLDR: unless you have something even better up your sleeve, your first major deviation from canon needs to involve taking the Simurgh out of play without setting off Zion. This allows Contessa to begin escaping the Simurgh's "Worthy Opponents" Xanatos Gambit. Then you can free Dragon (but do NOT unlock her ability to seed multiple instances, those WILL ping Zion's threat sense), sort out Eidolon (you have somewhere between one and three months), etc.
>>
>>50671038
Well, I haven't made up my mind, yet.
>>
>>50671086
Top three things wrong with it?
>>
>>50670963
Feel like it would have been better with each origin having 2 1000 cp perks. Maybe fold some of the 400+600 general perks into lines missing them like Half bBood. Faustian Flip would work well with Dabbler, and Thirteen would fit Half-Blood. Talking is a Free Action also goes with Naturals, since they have the biggest emphasis on magic.
>>
>>50671142
Care to post it here? I've heard a lot about it, but haven't actually seen it.
>>
>>50671141
So who were you basing Half Bloods and Dimension Lords after? I was leaning that way, thinking of going for a Diana / WW build, but now I'm not so sure.

Jump looks great, I'm not complaining, I'm just curious.
>>
>>50671020
Weird Wild West.
Wii Sports Resort
Xena and Hercules
Van Helsing
Tropico
Tomb Raider
Touhou Project
Jumper's Choice.
>>
>>50671142
It's too early in its run to gauge where it's going to be as a story. That's the biggest issue. There's no idea of where it's going, what the power level will look like, or how things will shake out.

I get people want the gamer power, I guess, but the jump shouldn't be made for a while yet so the story can shake out more.
>>
File: JC9.jpg (437KB, 2000x1340px) Image search: [Google]
JC9.jpg
437KB, 2000x1340px
>>50670204
The first ability will, for 3 motes, be a sort of pale-blue St. Elmo's Fire that blossoms outwards to illuminate anything within (Permanent Essence x 10) yards, which provides (Essence) automatic successes to understanding it by forming into equations and glyphs that explain its' innate purpose. Especially useful for otherwise harmful eldritch lore.

The second costs 10 motes, and will cause that pale flame to surge over and through an entity to allow it to ignore a specific part of its' innate nature, conditional on continued obedience to the Messenger. The freezing essence does not permit anything that enhances innate capability, only something that "unhinges" part of an innate nature. A tortoise could learn to walk on air, but never to fly. A god could survive the loss of their purview, but not suddenly become an Incarnae. A spiral warrior could retain his prowess over milennia, but never evolve further. This ability can also be used on a magical working or closed system (like an AI) so that whatever its' other effects, it consecrates whatever its' target or scope of influence with the Devil-Tiger's influence. Making it both a valid arcane link between itself and its' origin for the Devil-Tiger to exploit, and making it easier to be used in worship or thaumaturgy aligned to them.

Finally, the Messenger's documents are always automatically filled in psychic paper-style whenever his anima flares near them, as it automatically sears the appropriate information into the blanks. In a foreign institution their documentation is appropriate for an outside party perceived as holding a position of authority, comparable to a visiting dignitary. The Devil-Tiger will never fill in a tax form incorrectly for the rest of his life.

>>50670215
Yep.

>>50670963
Um, is there any reason not to take Collector if you go Dabbler? Everything else has a price but that's a free item budget.
>>
>>50671034
I should hate you because Domon/Rain us the best thing ever.
But I don't.

Go forth young jumper and acquire the Burning Finger. Well, not the burning one but you know what I mean.
>>
>>50671142
1. The series has enough material to make a jump but there will likely be a lot more to come, the jump will probably need major updates in the future.

2. The way the gamer power is done is weird, you have chopped up one power into parts that are sold separately.

The gamer origin is also odd, there is an origin based on having the gamer power sacrificing everything else while still making it very difficult to get the whole power even as that origin.

3. The above two are my only major complaints, other issues I have with the aren't particularly significant.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d8)

>>50671215
Yeah sure why not.

1.Wierd Wild West
2.Wii Sports Resort
3.Xena and Hercules
4.Van Helsing
5.Tropico
6.Tomb Raider
7.Touhou Project
8.Jumper's Choice

Gonna need a replacement for the used one
>>
>>50671246
Charles Barkley Shut up and Jam Gaiden.
>>
>>50671062
Considering it hasn't even been released for /tg/ you should probably hold your horses there. Good is also a bit subjective anyways.
>>
>>50671142
I think it's good. Most of the complaints I've heard boil down to it being from spacebattles, dislike of the setting and distrust that parts of the jump have canonical basis. Of course the guy complaining about it not being canon did admit that he hadn't read it. So... yeah. Other people were worried that it was too soon to make a jump of it because there might be more information coming up later in the series.
>>
>>50671142
The full Gamer power (that let's be honest every fan of the series desperately wants) costs a total of 1500 points with discounts, requires you to give take a dedicated origin that has no other discounts, and has a major mandatory drawback that is a full stop deal breaker for many jumpers.
>>
>>50671167
>Feel like it would have been better with each origin having 2 1000 cp perks.
Well, it seems like multiple people want that, so I guess I will.

>Maybe fold some of the 400+600 general perks into lines missing them like Half bBood
I am actually planning on doing that. If I'm being completely honest, I just got tired of working on the jump for today and thought I'd go ahead and post it for comments on the progress so far.

>>50671206
>Half Bloods
The origin as a whole is actually based on a lot of different characters and part of it goes back to before it was split and the Half-Blood origin drew a lot from WW.

>Dimension Lords
From Amethyst, specifically and the numerous characters who have some type of dimension they rule over more generally.

>>50671224
Not as it is now, no. I may change it later, but I feel like Dabbler will probably get taken less than the others as it is now, so I was trying to see about how to better balance it.
>>
>>50667972
What perk would let me give Kayaba empathy?
>>
>>50671170
Here's the link.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B3lbpT-WVveTeHd0gIIkLHm9DxuEQ1_1zVJAi65ioaY/edit
>>
>>50670963
A lot of the History's are a little wonky with what they give you compared to what they cost. Constantine, for instance, discounts the Wave and gives you You Know my Reputation, but you have to take Luck of the Damned for no points. It would give you more points if you just took the drawback.
>>
>>50671299
I think honestly the Gamer is the only thing in there that's really unique to the setting. If somebody does do a jump of the author's other settings which are tied to the Gamer, all of the magic and whatnot can still be bought from there (Illusion Barriers, God tier magic, the works), but the Gamer is unique to the Gamer for the most part.
>>
>>50670963
>Fuck if I know. A bunch of stuff.
People need to stop doing this. It's really hard to critique big updates and changes like this otherwise. Re-reading even the redundant stuff is no fun.
>>
>>50671324
Many thanks.
>>
>>50671299
1200. Better, but still costly.
>>
>>50671326
...So it does.

In my defence, it was like 2 A.M. when I wrote that.
>>
>>50671142
By making all the gamer stuff so expensive in order to prevent one true build syndrome you indirectly encouraged it since nobody will have CP for anything else if they take it.
Since the gamer abilities are the main attraction for people who liked the series there's going to be a whole lot of taking them and not even bothering with the other options, because they can't.
Remember how 42nd supreme being in Overlord used to eat your whole budget? It's kind of like that, but worse.
>>
>>50671327
Are his other series available anywhere in English? I looked for them a while ago but wasn't able to find them.

>>50671357
The gamer origin costs 300, since the only reason to take that origin was for the gamer power I included it in the price.
>>
>>50671350
I'm sorry, anon. Generally I'm somewhat better about keeping track of changes, but I literally feel halfway through the changes and I kind of just ripped up a lot of it and changed it, so I honestly didn't remember.
>>
>>50671350
It's pretty hard to remember all the shit you changed unless you take meticulous notes or use VCS of some kind too.
>>
>>50670963
I'm not sure I can stress enough how much I love the fact that we can get blessed by the Endless.

I was already going to ask about about Half-Blood and maybe being some equivalent to Rose Walker/Orpheus (I'd imagined getting some sort of Calliope Style insspiration / Orpheus level talent, although actually being a part of that family is probably a Bad Idea). Now I'm tempted to just buy all of the blessings...

Although actually, bring and Endless's Child might fit with how you've structured the origins, if you wanted to go down that route.
>>
>>50671403
Taking notes is the best approach.
>>
>>50671372
A large part of the problem is that no matter how much he hypes up the other abilities, realistically the Gamer is the Gamer. Can't really ignore the possibility that the MC can learn everything in the future with enough time and chapters, which basically means the learning component of the ability trumps pretty much everything.
>>
>>50671399
That got changed. The Gamer Origin is now 0 points, but the mandatory drawback no longer gives points if you're the Gamer.
>>
>>50671399
Not anymore it doesn't.
>>
>>50671399
I think that was removed, since you already have to take the drawback for 0CP.
>>
>>50671413
*being an Endless's child
>>
>>50671142
The gamer power must be available because it is too big a draw to the setting but the way you have done it makes it so that people either have to ignore the gamer power and be unhappy with the jump or take only the gamer power.

Here are two ideas on the subject that have been discussed before:

Make Gamer free to everyone, probably not a good idea.

Make Gamer a general perk costing 600-800, no discount.
>>
>>50671399
Think mangareader/readmanga was getting translated copies of Maze Age Z and Wizardly Tower, but finding raws are tough even on Naver I think. I haven't had much luck with the last one myself, whether in raws or translated, but I know Game of Scanlation did up to chapter 57.

Life Howling is on indefinite hiatus (which sucks because it probably has the most to do with the Barrier World creation stuff). Maze Age Z is on indefinite hiatus (It has more to do with farming labyrinths like MC and the MMO) and Wizardly Tower is ongoing (the MC is basically Gamer's MC without the Gaming interface, but he starts at equivalent level 3000 or w/e)
>>
>>50670792
I take them pretty much every chance I get, because I'm not a chicken-wuss.

>>50670813
Chicken-wuss.
>>
>>50671429
>>50671433
>>50671436
Ah, I last read it a few days ago. Still the only thing that changes is giving Player 2 more room to take drawbacks which isn't a good Idea when you are under mandatory depowerment.
>>
>>50671402
And I said change no less than three times in two sentences weird.

>>50671443
>>50671413
Ooh, I like that. Definitely going to take it and run with it. Somewhere.
>>
>>50671481
Huh I actually have read those but never made the connection to Gamer, wait does that mean the red haired guy from Life Howling is the Harem King?
>>
>>50671324
>minus the dump [STAT] that shall not be named
You're just mad that Sorcerers and Bards get laid way more than you.
>>
>>50670792
Because eight Zatanna level magic users and a super ghost with a House of Mystery to retreat to are probably going to be ok for the 2000+ years it takes to get to the present day in JLD, if they play it safe anyway.
>>
>>50671539
Possible but it seems unlikely. Howler is slowly turning into a preist, and HK didn't give me that vibe.
>>
>>50671539
We're not sure yet? A lot of the connections are very tentative, like the White Room showing up in Life Howling, or the MC from Maze Age Z going from Seoul to Parallel universe. The author hasn't really set in stone what he wants to do with them yet it seems.

Wizardly Tower though, probably has to be a prequel? I dunno, the MC is just way too strong. Probably would end up being one of the Gods in Gamer even at minimum power.
>>
Would Use Any Magic Item allow me to the Royal Scepters and Rings in Homestuck? If not, could I at least steal them to prevent my enemies from using them?
>>
>>50671561
I thought as much, honestly I don's see any connection between the world of the gamer and his other series. Not even a mention of IBs up to this point.

For all we know the Gamer could be the first one of the connected stories that he has written and that the others in the same world will be things in the future.
>>
>>50670963
I like the idea behind your change to history and source of power, but all the histories (other than collector) have drawbacks in them. That's... that's pretty shitty, really... Encourages OTB something fierce.
>>
>>50670963
Greatest Magician of the Age still reads as maxing out around Zatanna level feats. Also, Outside Help still seems kind of crap compared to the Moving Finger Writes and Carefully Chosen Words.
>>
>>50671589
I'm not sure they count as magic. Most SBURB tech is in a weird place where it's not clear if it's magic or technology. I think you should just splice Carapacian henetics into yourself, seems like a more reliable way to get access to them.
>>
>>50671590
IBs kinda show up in Wizardly Tower multiple times, even though it's never explicitly called an IB, and granted the major time difference that's involved, a difference in nomenclature would be pretty normal.

Pretty sure everything that has been shown in the Gamer so far can be done by one of the Gods in Wizardly Tower, but granted we've only seen 2 major Gods return and a possible third so far.
>>
File: Explain.jpg (36KB, 649x536px) Image search: [Google]
Explain.jpg
36KB, 649x536px
>>50671246
Disgaea- This place reminds me of Malfias in a way, but.....silly?
0/1800
Demon, rolled for 1800
Netherworld
Free Level One- Excuse me? Did you just weaken me? You promised me the strength to defeat the Yozi, not weakness!...Ah, I understand then.
Free Maximum Bully
Free The Wickedest of Them All
Discount Showmanship- Never was good at being sutble, that's more for Silence
Discount Might Makes Right- Cecelyene would approve, and it's useful for instilling my own personal order.
Discount Noble Demon- Those who kneel before me will receive that they deserve. It might be my Right to rule, but it is my Duty to serve those I rule.
Fan Favorite- What exactly is the "internet"?
Free Professional Peanut Gallery- Wait, what?
Free Theme Song- Yes, I can dance to this, also fight to this.
Free Moe
Free Mana Burst
Free Reincarnation
Item World(point version)- Improving my creations is always worth it
Main Character- That sounds about right.
Free Weapon Master
Free Armor Knight
Free Hero's Scarf
Trademark Outfit(point version)- Useful
Free Starting Weapon
Dimensional Gate(point version)- Easy travel between other realms is always useful
Free Comfy Coffin
Free Infernal Throne- Now this, this is appropriate
Free Loyal Battle Monkeys- Well I only have one person, unless the Blossom and the Blade can take on forms here. Also my Coadjutor.

Flat+100- Why am I suddenly so short? This...angers me.
Bully the Jumper+100- More waves of enemies to destroy.
Yuie Flower Allergy+100- Alright, this is actually annoying.
Sorrowful Jumper+200- Oh, you mean my Kingdom? My people? Yeah, we can call that a 'loss'. Fucking Yozi.
Wrath of the Realm+300(Celestia)- Not the first time I've angered Heaven, but they will die if they attempt to stop my Rule.

Shitty writefagging coming up
>>
>>50671626
I guess the saying really is true - Flat is Justice.
>>
>>50671626
Malfeas, not Malfias.
>>
>>50671621
I don't really care that I can access them, just that my enemies can't. How common are they? Are they the kinds of things that will "reincarnate" or make copies of themselves if lost/secured elsewhere?
>>
>>50671602
How would you recommend handling it? The idea was to offer more than you'd get for taking those drawbacks and not have those drawbacks count against the limit, so you're essentially getting a bunch of extra stuff much cheaper than you otherwise would. Without the drawbacks, it seems like it would feel a little weird since I'd essentially be handing out a bunch of extra stuff for absolutely free. I'm open to changing anything, though.

>>50671610
I honestly just forgot to edit the descriptions of those. I'll make a note of it.
>>
>>50671674
That's never happened in Canon, and they got lost quite a few times.
>>
File: Jumpers 3.jpg (94KB, 562x290px) Image search: [Google]
Jumpers 3.jpg
94KB, 562x290px
>>50671626
I accepted the being's offer, and after...introductions I was whisked away to this new world. It is strangely familiar in some ways, but extremely different in others. And many here don't seem to take much seriously. I don't know whether I should be amused or enraged at them.

But still, the time for Conquest is here, I will rule this "Netherworld" as is my Right. There might be some who choose to get in my way, but they will be forced to kneel or die. Note to self, send Silence very very far away to go do her thing. Creeps me the fuck out.

Things progressed well enough, though there was some other Demons claiming to be the "overlord" or some such nonsense. Then a small army of Angels dropped in on my castle, I was not amused in the slightest. Unforchunately now my castle is on fire, my own fault I should be more careful, but it's still an annoyance. Perhaps I should make one of those Third-Circles I was offered as a master Architect, taking after Amilion? It's not a bad idea.

>>50671649
I've been getting that spelling messed up for years. At this point I no longer care, people know who I mean.
>>
>>50671674
There are two of each, and they can be stolen and destroyed. The white ring and the white scepter are both in the hands of Prospit, who are your allies under normal circumstances, so you may not want to steal theirs. Also, if you manage to destroy the black scepter, you've basically won Sburb because one of your main goals is to kill the Black King, and getting rid of his scepter will basically neuter him.
>>
>>50671674
There are only the two pairs of them. They can be destroyed, too.
>>
How does SBURB Alchemization compare to something like the Armsfusion Crafter? I'm looking for a way to fuse gems, but that only fuses weapons and armor.
>>
>>50671683
I feel either the normal way backgrounds work: no/not much price for standard discounts and a 100CP freebie or two, or a small price for the same, or even a small price for an extra freebie might work better. As it is if you want a background you either would go collector, or suffer for it.

I think maybe making it a hybrid of what you have now, and what you had before might work. Take the ideas from the latest version and merge them into the previous, rather than rejigging the whole thing. The main thing it to make the background (or power sources/histories) balanced against each other.
>>
>>50670204
I have to come up with two different sets. One for the Devil Tiger Exaltation I inherit and the one I make for myself.

So far the themes for the Devil Tiger whose exaltation I inherit are: blood, roses cannibalism, shadows, chains, and slaughter. I want to add one or two more themes but I'm not really sure what. One of the anima powers is going to be about consuming essence and life from others while another is manifesting chains of shadow that I can use to block attacks wit or rip people part with. Or at least that's my current thought though maybe they work better as charms.

For the Devil Tiger I become two of the themes are color and chaos. Still need to think what else I'm going to add. I am tempted to copy the Fiend ability to learn new charms because it fits with my personality of wanting to learn every charm in order to master essence manipulation.
>>
File: 63482-468x-Jewel_Man_2006.jpg (110KB, 468x410px) Image search: [Google]
63482-468x-Jewel_Man_2006.jpg
110KB, 468x410px
>>50671842
Gems are weapons already, senpai.
>>
>>50671871
...you inherited Ebony D'arkness Dementia Raven Way's Charms?
>>
>>50671842
Weirdly. There are a limited amount of possible codes, so sometimes combining two items won't get you what you expected because another object already had the code resulting from that operation. Furthermore, there's no clear way to tell what an AND operation will do to the codes compared to an OR operation, so there's a heavy element of trial and error.
>>
File: dave's shit.gif (77KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
dave's shit.gif
77KB, 300x300px
>>50671842
It's damn almost perfect and can combine literally anything and make really neat stuff. You'd be surprised at what you'd make.
>>
>>50671842
Better in a lot of ways.
Doesn't do the stacking all the stats thing quite as well, but combo items get out of hand.
Best part is you don't lose the components unless you fuck up really hard.
>>
>>50670792
All in all I don't like Gauntlets because it goes against my wishes to build a giant multi-dimensional mega-corporation. But as I tend to prefer being subtle and SCIENCE! to flashy powers and be I like being underestimated I make it a point to train physically. Not only that but I do train specifically for gauntlets if only as a precautionary measure. Often by going at it as baseline for most of a jump and considering using powers as a "lost" condition. This also helps as often its the better skilled fighter who wins even in flashy fights with super powers.
>>
>>50671918
>It's damn almost perfect
Lies.

Like Homestuck itself, alchemy is a confusing and tedious process filled with attempts at humorous "irony" that are consistently painful.
>>
>>50671913
I've always wondered how that would work in jumpchain. Can't you use the code by itself without having to own the object in the first place? Doesn't that mean you can access every item from all your future jumps immediately as long as you get enough grist?
>>
>>50671946
That's why it's "almost" perfect. But it can make some neat stuff if you get creative.
>>
>>50671955
If I'm not mistaken--
All you have to do is to place it in your inventory and get the code from it. You could literally pocket a doomsday weapon when it's owner isn't looking, get the code, and then put it back and get out of there.
>>
>>50671903
Lol I never thought about it that way.
>>
>>50671955
In theory. You'd need to do all 2^48 operations to find them all, though. That's going to take a while even with the various tricks a jumper has.
>>
>>50671982
Just take a Light class and guess randomly. You'll get the best ones first.
>>
>>50671978
Not even that. Alchemizing a blank inventory card with a camera gets you a machine that can get the code for an item from a distance. That's how Dave got the code for his Denizen's hammer to give to John. There are also a lot of mods you can apply to the alchemiter itself, for all sorts of utility in modifying the object. Early in the game you'll unlock an expansion slot system for the alchemiter, put in a punched card and it will modify it with the card's code. That's how the aforementioned hammer was shrunken down enough for John to weild it, the alchemiter was modified with a photography lens,letting it shrink and enlarge objects. Here's the start of a sequence where Dave experiments with the expansion slots, to show some examples: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=003457
>>
>>50671867
Oh, you mean just charge CP for the Histories instead of requiring mandatory drawbacks?
>>
>>50672044
As one idea, yeah. But if they are balanced against each other then you might not actually need to charge or have drawbacks at all.

For example, if you have four backgrounds and all of them get a 100 and a 200 free that's fine, they could all cost 0. If however you have four backgrounds that get a 100 and a 200 free, and one of them also gets a 400 free, then yeah, charge for that one.

Sorry if this sounds a bit patronizing, I'm just trying to suggest that so long as they're balanced you don't really need downsides, either in costs or drawbacks.
>>
Jumpers tell me a story about the most inane conversation you ever had with your companions and why you remember it.
>>
>>50672078
No, it's fine.

I see what you mean now. I wasn't intending for them as they are now to be the final state, I just wanted to throw some ideas on paper and get some feedback for the actual scheme of the sort of backgrounds and "sub-backgrounds" thing I was trying.

I'm not actually very good at making jumps fit together very well on my own, so I try to put together (very) rough drafts and slowly use feedback from the thread to piece it together into something passable.

Though I guess I must have drastically underestimated the worth of what I was offering balanced against the drawbacks they required.
>>
File: 1457281302750.gif (944KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
1457281302750.gif
944KB, 264x320px
So Metroid items are going to be 1/2/4/6 because extensive item lists are hell and most of it is in Power Armor already.

I totally posted this correctly and didn't post it in another general by mistake.
>>
>>50672195
Much love Heavens!
>>
>>50672164
Well I think the ideas you've shown for backgrounds/occult sources are really good, it's only the downsides I had an issue with.

It's not so much the worth of them, it's that in a vacuum, looking at this jump by itself, it was a bit... harsh isn't quite the word I'm looking for, but it'll do. It seemed a bit harsh for all of them bar one to have downsides.
>>
>>50672195
Sounds good to me.
>>
For someone who has no knowledge of the setting, how does Dandachi (Hero BBS) work? Would I just stab things to heal them? Cut them? Can I just leave the scabbard on? (It is a sword, right? With a blade?)
>>
>>50672229
It's OC anyway. From reading it, it heals as much damage as it would usually do, so I assume you could, but the healing would be reduced.
>>
>>50670792
Yeah, if the setting is safe and it gives me powers enough to survive general stuff like cancer and falling hammers.

Also, a JLD question: Does "Giggle at the Ghosty" stick with you post jump?
>>
>>50672210
That's fair. I really do appreciate the feedback and I'll see what I can do to fix it.

>>50672266
>Also, a JLD question: Does "Giggle at the Ghosty" stick with you post jump?
Nope.
>>
>>50672290
well then what the fuck. that's like- a free capstone.

okay then. Thanks.
>>
>>50672325
Err no? It's a 400 or 200 CP perk, depending on your background. You still hsve to pay for the actual capstones.
>>
File: then what is this.png (7KB, 622x46px) Image search: [Google]
then what is this.png
7KB, 622x46px
>>50672440
>>
>>50672492
That is text from a 400 cp perk.
>>
>>50672492
>>50672536
>>
>>50672547
LIKE a free capstone. my point was, it's a bullshit amount of power just for showing up. Thanks anyways though.
>>
How would I get a book to interface with a computer? (preferably through a perk, and not just "scan it in")
>>
>>50672600
Uh, wat?

What do you want to do?
>>
>>50672636
Put a spellbook on his Pipboy?
>>
>>50672570
Well, you're entitled to your opinion. I wouldn't want to be unable to eat a greasy bacon burger or hold hands without possessing someone else for 10 years, personally.
>>
Are there any jumps with magic books that can grant the holder knowledge?

Like, fire emblem magic is bound to the books, but is there anything I can do to have people spontaneously learn how to use them when they pick them up.
>>
>>50672636
Essentially just have a book act as a computer. Combine the Not-Quite-Omicon from HotD and Archive from Fairy Tail. Or just putting Rei's Minimap from Minecraft into a book equivalent. I like books.
>>
>>50672674
Fire emblem magic is wierd.
The books are more like loaded guns than anything.

However Magicka has an option that is sort of what you're looking for. It works for one spell at a time, but it fits into whatever magic system they're casting with so they'll still be able to use it so long as they can magic in the first place.
>>
>>50672674
Magical Index from Hero Exchange works. It's in the drive as Yusha Gojo Kumiai something something.
>>
File: codex.png (107KB, 340x442px) Image search: [Google]
codex.png
107KB, 340x442px
What sort of powers/perks would allow someone to shout people on fire better with the Correspondence?

...That's what the Lorn Flukes and Mt. Nomad are doing, right?
>>
>>50672733
But books are disgusting sluts that will open their pages for anyone.
>>
File: She sees your story.jpg (177KB, 382x429px) Image search: [Google]
She sees your story.jpg
177KB, 382x429px
>>50672825
Do not lood the book
>>
>>50672817
Thuum from Skyrim, and Inheritance magic for alternative shouting.
There's a few perks to speak more than once at a time Order of the Sticks sick reverb is kind of like multi talking, and exalted infernals charms can let you have a 10 way split voice.
Just say it more than once at the same time.
>>
>>50672825
Yet another reason to give them some computer capabilities. Mine will password protected.
>>
File: imageproxy.php.jpg (584KB, 653x939px) Image search: [Google]
imageproxy.php.jpg
584KB, 653x939px
Jump #138 The Great Detective
Starting Location: Lyon, France
Background: Hard boiled (100)

Perks:
*Rough and Tumble (0)
*Cast Iron Gut (150, Discount)
*Fool me once (150, Discount)
*Lockjaw (300, Discount)
*Temp Noir (300, Discount)

Equipment
*Hip Flask (0)

It’s kind of funny, these jumps are always kind of hard for me. It’s always sad to stumble on tragedy after the fact. I always feel terrible in these situations. I could easily res the victim ask them what happened… however that would cause more problems and likely more death. Something I have to constantly remind myself when I am confronted with friends and family members deep in grief.

Because I was so close to Interpol I got called in on a lot of their tougher cases. This meant that I was witness to some of the most horrible things they had to offer. It also meant I was sent all over the world to go poke my nose in different police department’s business to solve the crimes they couldn’t. So I was really popular with them.

All of that being said I helped put some really vile people away. Terrorists and worse people wound up in prison and many lives were saved.

I really was grateful for my companions and wives in this jump because… this was not a happy jump.
>>
>>50672751
The way I figure them, the spells are the mathematical equation for the desired effect. And then the pages catch on fire when you use them.

Anyways, that's not quite what i'm looking for - at least, I think it isn't.

There's no way for me to say 'here have this magic book', and then they suddenly know how to use it?
>>
>>50672982
There's a perk in Princess Bride that can do that for you.
Perksharing might help with that, but practice is still reccomended.
>>
>>50672982
Depends on what you're willing to do, some jumps combined has a solution for it, but you'll have to go to some very extreme methods beyond just handing them a book.
>>
>>50672825
S-senpai! Don't put your fingers inside me! A-aah!
>>
So I just watched the first episode of Fate/Zero. I already want to go there and give the old guy with the worms what he has coming.
>>
>>50673090
That's pretty normal.
>>
>>50670963
What are the 'great many abilities' you get from Synchrocity Wave? Actual cosmic plot armor, vastly improved luck, and some weird travelling ability. Anything besides that?

Also, is Carefully Chosen Words more straight mind control or more supernatural bullshitting/persuasion.
>>
>>50672999
>>50673005
Hmmm. Darn.
>>
>>50673126
>What are the 'great many abilities' you get from Synchrocity Wave? Actual cosmic plot armor, vastly improved luck, and some weird travelling ability. Anything besides that?
You know how people keep talking about how you shouldn't fuck with Constantine? That's what this is.

>Also, is Carefully Chosen Words more straight mind control or more supernatural bullshitting/persuasion.
Supernaturally good bullshitting and persuasion.
>>
>>50673190
Does Baby Magic work with other magic systems?
Because keeping track of spell components is a hassle.
>>
>>50673206
Yeah.
>>
>>50673215
That's great. Thanks.
>>
Are there any perks that would let me use several conflicting types of energy without injuring myself?
>>
File: hejibit.png (43KB, 480x196px) Image search: [Google]
hejibit.png
43KB, 480x196px
>>50670963
Is this jumpable, or is it still a work in progress?
>>
I'm looking for a way to avoid suspicion when I use powers that would otherwise unique to a certain character, what perks would help with that?
>>
B.O.X. Security Robot [400, Discount for the Galactic Federation] – Armed with grenade and missiles launchers and having the tenacity of a small tank, this spider-like robot runs on a biological neutral network that is hard-wired to be loyal to you. It has basic animal intelligence, but can potentially become slightly smarter with time, up to the level of a human. It does not count as a companion, but is replaced if destroyed like all items.

X Parasite Sample [600, Discount for the Galactic Federation] – You shouldn’t have this, Jumper. You shouldn’t have access to this at all. But it seems that you do. This contains a genetic sample of an X Parasite. The Parasite itself is dead, unable to reproduce or infect a host, but its basic form is preserved enough that you can feed it genetic material, and it will change shape to match the organism it has DNA samples of. You could study how it reacts to your experimentation, perhaps study the X in a safe environment...maybe even find a way to make your own. Or ‘improved’ versions...
>>
Can you get more than one power in Worm or is it limited to one
>>
>>50673315
Ugh, that fucking B.O.X Robot. You were the worst boss of Fusion. Well, the second time around. First time you were okay.
>>
>>50673321
Limit of one per person.
>>
>>50673321
You get the one. One per person.
>>
>>50673321
Just the one. Though that's through the natural shard bonding. You might be able to hack into their network and steal access to others, if you have really good science skills.
>>
>>50673190
So... it's also a keikaku perk? Besides those first two abilities of Synchrocity and the talkiness, that's the only thing Constantine really excels at that I remember. Though I haven't read much of stuff featuring the Wave.
>>
>>50673315
>that second option
This is the worst idea. Even worse than fucking around with bydo and jenova cells.
It fits perfectly for the Federation. I love it.
>>
>>50673340
For my porpoises I think I'll go with this
>>
Is there a perk that would allow me to store an item inside someone?
>>
>>50673292
One of those that changes aesthetics
>>
>>50673365
go to Naruto and learn sealing techniques.
>>
>>50673365
There's one in Kingdom Hearts, Discounted for drop in's.
>>
>>50673340
'Course, then you're gonna have to deal with problem of lugging those big-ass pieces of semi-organic crystalline supercomputer spacewhale around between jumps.

More trouble than it's worth, if you ask me.

>>50673364
>porpoises
Tell me more, anon. What about your porpoises?
>>
>>50673364
... Okay, I realize that's probably a typo, but considering that we're talking about jumpers, I do feel compelled to ask. Do you mean purposes, or porpoises, as in the marine mammal? Because if it's the second, I /really/ want some background information on why you're giving porpoises shards if you're willing to share.
>>
>>50673269
Very much a WIP.
>>
File: Direct.jpg (56KB, 625x419px) Image search: [Google]
Direct.jpg
56KB, 625x419px
>>50673384
Have you SEEN manatees?
>>
>>50673384
Hey Anon Heart I've been meaning to ask but I kept forgetting.
Powerful Soul in the Anima jump will let us recover from using our own POW stat for magic item creation and power node failure right?
I'd imagine it does, but I'd like to be sure before doing something that would otherwise be monumentally stupid.
>>
>>50673346
No, it's mostly massive plot armor. Though it will make your keikakus go much, much smoother.
>>
Jumpers, have you gone out of your way to help people in a setting who you thought suffered unjustly? Did you make Nana's Everyday Life genuinely joyful and safe? Did you cure Mr. Roger's cancer, or cancer in general really? Did you give Shinji therapy and friendship?
>>
>>50673384
Hey, I'm really interested by Anima summoning, but I can't seem to find much information on how it works, exactly. Where could I read about it?
>>
>>50673400
Yup, that's the purpose of it. Although if the Node point-blank annihilates you, Powerful Soul isn't exactly going to let you shrug that off, and it'll still take about a month to recover even if you just lose a point of Power. It does guarantee you'll recover though, which normally, well, you kinda can't.

>>50673394
Yes. That's why I'm not willing to just assume it's a typo.
>>
File: Mai Waifu, and Kurumu.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mai Waifu, and Kurumu.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>50673414
That's kind of my thing. That and waifus.
>>
>>50673418
Core rulebook has 90% of the rules, Arcana Exxet has a bit of expansion. They're probably findable in the file sharing thread? The rules are a bit difficult to understand though, so I can give a quick explanation if you'd prefer.
>>
>>50673429
That'd be great, if you don't mind.
>>
>>50673403
Does it still have the super-travelling or was that taken out? I was originally just wondering if the part of the description with great many abilities was an artifact of an earlier draft or if there were abilities beyond the perk description.
>>
>>50673414
Yes, because there's no reason not to.
>>
>>50673439
No, it still has that. But it's mostly an artifact of an earlier draft and something of an embellishment at that. Still working on balancing it.
>>
>>50673422
>>50673441
Out of curiosity, any specific examples you'd be willing to talk about?
>>
>>50673456
Well I stopped Jonathan Joestar, from dying on the boat, Most hero deaths in Harry Potter, and I give every version of Mr. Rogers a Symbiote. Sorry that there aren't more, but I just restarted my chain.
>>
File: Porpoise.jpg (62KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
Porpoise.jpg
62KB, 750x422px
>>50673384
>probably a typo
>Implying I ever make typographical errors
>>
>>50673484
That's fine, just curious-
>And I give every version of Mr. Rogers a Symbiote
Knowing him, he'd befriend it almost instantly. Oh God. Suddenly I'm imagining him working with the Symbiote to not only teach but personally help kids in need. And I'm sure it would be happy to do it too. Super Mr. Rogers.
>>
>>50673433
Okay, so first off, Anima uses a d% system. "Easy" checks are a 20, while Impossible checks are a 280. Summoning a level 0 monster requires a 140, and it goes up by 20 every level. Just to give you initial reference points.

Anyway, each time a summoner attempts to take a summoning action, they have to do a ritual. Taking less than 15 seconds gives them penalties ranging from -20 for trying to do it in 9 seconds to -100 for trying to do it reflexively. Since failing badly enough results in things like getting stripped of all your mana and summoned before the worst enemy of whomever you were trying to summon... well, let's just say this is typically an out-of-combat thing.

Anyway, as for the abilities themselves. Summoners have 3 different types of summons they can call upon.
Creatures, Invocations, and Incarnations.

Creatures are typical summons. You summon a Being Between Worlds (Angels, demons, etc) or a Spirit (Ghosts), try to bind it, and then either lock it away inside a pokeball- I mean, random object which is most definitely not a pokeball to be fast-summoned later to maul someone's face off, or try and negotiate a deal and banish it if it fails.

Invocations are more Final Fantasy. You spend prep-time making a pact with an Arcana, Great Beast, or Aeon, and in return, you can pay some mana and make a check to summon them to take an action for you. This ranges from laser beams to the face to selling you shit to protecting you, to kidnapping the guy in front of you and torturing him to making everyone within miles of you fail at everything, ever, to... well, you get my point.

Finally, incarnations. Basically, you find a Nasu-style Heroic Spirit, and instead of summoning them as a Servant, you take a small bit of their legend into yourself and borrow their abilities. The more compatible you are, the easier this is. Example incarnations include a pirate thing who gives you the power to throw rusty anchors and sharks made of water at people.
>>
>>50673486
You are implying the existence of a plan which involves grafting pieces of aliens to marine mammals. I wish to hear it! Are you willing to tell it to me? Because that sounds hilarious.
>>
>>50673456
I saved Phyrra and Penny's lives in RWBY, and went out of my way to disrupt Cinder's plans while not making it know who was doing it.
I generally try to go full "old mentor" on the MCs of any given series, to prevent more deaths while letting them be the main hero still
In Worm I got rid of the Gangs, and Coil in particular, and did like half a dozen things to help with the Endbringers. Like passing out Radaway at Behemoth fights.
>>
>>50673517
Neat. Can you have multiple Incarnations?
>>
>>50673564
Going at once? I'm actually not sure, but due to how the rules work, I'd generally suggest against it; only the most powerful one is going to give any real degree of help. You can, however, know as many as you'd like. Knowing another incarnation to call upon is literally just knowing that they exist. Unlike with the others, the main problem for them is holding onto their power for long enough to actually be useful in a full fight. At base they only last for about a minute, and the difficulty goes up by a full 120 in order to keep them around for an hour. So it's pretty hard. Fortunately, you can usually get a +120 or so by having a specific object that was really important to them while they were alive, but if needed, you can just brute-force it.
>>
How can I lock someone into an eternity of torture that's perfectly designed to be as terrible for them as possible?
>>
>>50673593
Actually, ignore what I said about suggesting against it, there's actually a good array of secondary useful abilities that they can grant. The only override is that you only get the skill of the strongest, they won't stack.
>>
>>50673607
Fate Worse then Death from Creepypasta. You do have to specify what the the Fate is, but "Eternally trapped in their worst nightmares" or "Dragged off to Hell to face a fitting punishment" should work.
>>
>>50673607
Fate worse than death from Creepy pasta.
You can combo it with pocket dimension to keep the suffering going without them getting time frozen when you leave too just in case you wanted to be extra vindictive.
>>
>>50673619
>>50673620
Perfect. Thanks, anons.
>>
>>50673632
Who pissed you off enough to make you want to use this, anyway?
>>
>>50673632
Was it Rachel?
>>
>>50673645
I'm >>50673090

I don't even like kids, but this guy is really pissing me off.
>>
>>50673554
Lets just say it involves the arcano-scientific knowledge of multiple Atlantiss, a few Micro-verses, Block Transfer Computation and an array of 36 temporally locked Black and White Holes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_dUmDBfp6k
>>
>>50673090
Zouken is a god damn monster, and deserves to die.
>>
>>50673669
Oh, in that case, there's one specific fate you could give him: forced to relive all the evil he did to others, from their point of view. So everything he did? Now HE gets to go through it. Forever.
>>
>>50673669
It's actually a lot of fun to see your hatred of that guy evolve.
>>
>>50673665
Wasn't there some optimal punishment the thread came up with for her? I can't remember.
>>
>>50673697
No, we just spent half a thread talking about how much we hate her. There were some suggested fates for the bitch but no one came up with anything sufficiently vile.
>>
>>50673665
>>50673697
Isn't that the bitch from Tower of God that back stabbed the MC multiple times? Has she gotten her karma yet?
>>
>>50673717
Someone mentioned dropping off in the Warp, specifically giving her to the followers of Slaanesh. That someone was me. It's part of why I wanted Black Crusade, because I couldn't bring her to 40K with a pod so I wanted some other way to give her to the Chaos Gods.
>>
>>50673721
No, she is still kicking puppies and getting away scott free. The MC is still her favorite puppy to kick, she just teamed up with White to murder two of his friends while another two were made to watch.
>>
>>50673679
Yep.

>>50673685
Good idea, though I'm thinking it should also include some clause that prevents him from growing accustomed to it so that his suffering never drops below a certain baseline.

>>50673695
I'm going to be pissed if this guy doesn't get burned alive or something by the end.
>>
>>50673721
No. She's on track to becoming immortal, and currently is in control of a system that gives her all the info on rankers and the path up the tower thanks to crowd sourced infonet. That and she has one of the FUG God candidates on her side (That isn't Bam). Oh, she also has her own team that seems to adore her (because of infonet) Just scored a major victory in fact, capturing an immortal, a sacrifice, and killing off two of Bam's original team.
>>
>>50673740
Jesus H Christ. Is he still in love with her?
>>
>>50673746
Spoilers
Not in Fate/Zero
And only in one ending of Fate/Stay Night
>>
>>50673749
>killing off two of Bam's original team.
You mean his second team, the original team is with him at the moment.
>>
>>50673756
To be fair, Baam is a fucking yandere.
>>
>>50673756
Well to be fair she is the only person he had any contact with for most of his life. . . while he was stuck alone in a cave. . . that she was probably keeping him from leaving. . .
>>
>>50673740
>>50673749
God fucking damn it I want her to lose already. Why is she getting away with all this shit?! RAGE.
>>
>>50673774
He spent most of his life in a cave where his only "friend" was a girl who occasionally visited, never helped him escape, and intended to leave him alone inside of forever as her first action in the series.

He was never going to be a beacon of mental health.
>>
>>50673800
She's the real protagonist. The story is all about her rise to power.
>>
>>50673765
Oh yeah that's right.
I don't know, would you count Best Lizard being left behind (possibly not really dead) as her fault too since they wouldn't be in this shitty mess without her majesty Rachel.
>>
>>50673340
Just don't get caught by Zion. The free OCP perk doesn't make you invisible to all of his senses, just the precog kind.
>>
>>50673800
>Pic
Sauce?
>>
>>50673749
Why does the author like her so much?
>>
>>50673830
Scion needs to be introduced to Giga Slave, or perhaps one of Dahak's graviton torpedoes.
>>
>>50673822
Are being serious right now or making a joke? Because I'll be actively annoyed if you're being serious.
>>
>>50673833
The Devil Is a Part-Timer.
>>
>>50673822
Villain protagonists only work if they're likeable, even in a "You sly bastard." sense.
>>
>>50673607
As an alternative to creepypasta in case you don't want to be a cryptid, the recently released infernal jump could help you as well. Hell, permanently trapped in a specially designed hell of eternal torture sounds right up ebby's alley. You could easily design an ebon dragon charm that does just that, probably based off of life-denying hate. You wouldn't even have to pay cp for it, since all you need is to be an infernal. Of course, that does mean you'd have to learn ebon dragon charms, which means you'll probably have to spend even more time learning more charms to undo unpleasant side effects like those from witness to darkness.
>>
>>50673854
To be fair she is exhibiting all the traits you would expect in a successful regular; she betrays her friends, uses people only to throw them away when they stop being useful, and a compete disregard for the lives of others.
>>
>>50670204
Would Time, as inevitability and destiny, and evolution, as progress and change, be possible themes?
>>
>>50673854
SIU sees Rachel as being a very necessary character because she's the biggest impetus to Bam's growth. As such he's loathe to kill her off or really put her at risk at any time. She's basically walking the "Royal Road" right now because that's the only way Bam will be motivated to move forward.

He's slowly changing, but it'll probably take at least another year or so, longer if this becomes a monthly serial for any reason or SIU takes a break.
>>
>>50673888
Keep it up too long and nobody is going to want to read it.
>>
>>50673854
Look on the bright side, once she out lives her usefulness White might eat her. That is a pretty awful fate if the tortured souls are any judge.
>>
>>50673904
I wouldn't underestimate his biggest following, which is mostly Korean folks on Naver. The Western crowd may drop the series, but honestly Tower of God is one of the best series on Naver running, since a lot of other notable series slip into hiatus every so often. The Western crowd frankly is pretty small in comparison, since everything is delayed. It's not as bad as Noblesse but the difference is still pretty significant. It's not anywhere as long spanning as Berserk has been either.
>>
>>50673886
Makes sense to me, though most Yozi have tons of themes.

http://rathess.xi.co.nz/exalted/index.php/Ink_Monkeys,_vol._46:_The_Geomancy_of_Hell

Here are examples
>>
>>50673749
>killing off two of Bam's original team.
Really? I haven't read it in a while. Who died?
>>
>>50673936
So do they have infinite patience or do they like her? Or just lack of alternatives?
>>
>>50673914
The problem is that White has already been shown to be fallible. Bam has already kicked his ass once, and now he's even weaker than normal whereas Bam is continuing to power up. Rachel survives because Bam literally can't bring himself to off her, if White kills her off, Bam will probably just off White, and then the author will really have to find him a new purpose. Dunno how long becoming a God is going to last for him, or whether it'll even take him to the current top of the tower.
>>
>>50673997
>>50673997
Before you answer this, can you please spoiler it? I'm reading it now.
>>
>>50673997
It was actually two from his second team, Prince right in front of the Little Girl and Umbrella Lance right in front of Bomber Man.

There is no way in hell I could properly spell their actual names without looking at the webcomic.

>>50674018
Spoiler tags engaged.
>>
>>50673993
>Isidoros has the theme of Heroism
That is amazing
>>
>>50674038
Thanks.

I already accidentally spoiled a lot of it for myself, but I need to keep some plot a mystery, you know?
>>
>>50674056
Dude!
>>
>>50674076
Sorry, didn't see your post until mine went through.
>>
>>50674082
I'm not the guy who asked for spoilers, buy that was a shitty thing to do regardless. People have been vague when talking about this for a reason.
>>
>>50674004
A lot of us are very, very patient, and willing to read series that stretch on up to decades. To a lot of folks on Naver Tower of God is just something you read once a week maybe, and forget about it the rest of the time. Over time you build up the habit of checking Naver at a time when you know there's going to be a post, and it doesn't really feel like there's any time investment.

It's kinda the same way how people following 50 - 100 manga series at once. You read them once a week or once a month and it just takes like an hour or two at the end of the week to go through the updates. After that you just get back to your daily life. A lot of shoujo manga is like this too to be honest.
>>
>>50674095
How many times should I apologize then?
>>
Is there any way to get multiple hearts?
>>
>>50674280
There are several.
E.V.O. is probably the easiest and least dangerous option if you're going that route, although simply not needing a heart in the first place tends to be more effective.
>>
>>50674294
Do you know of any perks or bought options? I'm thinking of using it in conjunction with Heartless from Paper Mario to have multiple vessels.
>>
File: link.jpg (425KB, 733x688px) Image search: [Google]
link.jpg
425KB, 733x688px
>>50674280
LoZ jumps
>>
File: JC4.jpg (58KB, 650x482px) Image search: [Google]
JC4.jpg
58KB, 650x482px
>>50673697
It's been a while, but all I remember was that she's kind of a dick and ambitious. I don't particularly have strong feelings about Baam, the Tower or anything over here really, but she did seem like a threat with how fast she apparently progresses.

So I just magically cursed her with a Bounded Field, Sisyphus-style. She can climb the tower all she wants now, she's never getting any closer.

I think she was still climbing by the end of the decade, long after her shoes wore thin.

>>50673738
Now that said, Light of Terra does provide you with a nifty book on how to summon daemons in one of the DLCs actually, if you'd rather bring the followers of Slaanesh to her.

But if you want to do something truly vile, the upcoming F/SN jump offers a whole farm of happiness worms.
>>
>>50674340
Be a space marine in 40k. They get like 3 redundant hearts if my memory is correct.
No clue if it would interact with the paper mario perk the way you want it to though.
>>
>>50674340
Krogans have at least 2 hearts, 3 if they're a particular impressive specimen.
>>
>>50674280
You could always go to Dr. Who then take Civilization and take Time Lord as your people, they have two hearts, also I believe classic megaman has an option to let you have redundant artificial internal organs.
If you are the science jumper you can take eclipse phase (or maybe lord of light) and design your own body with multiple hearts. There was also one guy in Naruto who had a bunch of hearts, I don't know what his deal was though.
>>
File: Psycho_Link.jpg (84KB, 1100x900px) Image search: [Google]
Psycho_Link.jpg
84KB, 1100x900px
>>50674369
> No lungs, stomach, or even spinal cord.
> Only hearts.
>>
File: Infected.jpg (933KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Infected.jpg
933KB, 1600x800px
Someone mentioned this idea last thread so I thought I'd do a write up, the Devil Tiger of Inheritance and Time. It's not on Garlock's level, though if sempai wants to reuse this to help whomever this was for I would be so spazy I might not be able to squee.

He Who Witnesses has seen that all growth must take it's turn upon the cycle of life. He is not savage and thus he grows his fruit so that those that sup at his table are fed a portion of his power and in turn allow him to ready the reaping of the next harvest. He is as patient as the black dragon wood that composes his flesh and organs. In time his roots spread and so to does he inheirt the time of those around him. However his patience was his undoing as Oblivion ate at his roots he flung a single fruit outwards that represented not his rebirth but the growth renewed in a time and space he could never reach before his dying moment. Heretic charms were made from Ebon Dragon, She-Who-Lives-In-Her-Name and Cecelyne charms.
>>
>>50674553
Going from this:

Act of Villainy (Trap Master): He Who Witnesses is infinitely patient and thus has the time to craft elaborate plans, for the instant of death is too good for his foes. The foes of He Who Witnesses are to be set at his base so that his roots may take them in as food for future projects. Thus when He Who Witnesses (or an Infernal with this Act of Villainy) act upon plans they can lower their Limit by making sure that the process is convoluted and byrzentine in nature, though there is a very heavy preferance for traps and elaborate death machines it is not necessarily limited to those things.
>>
>>50674598
>Elaborate death traps
I immediately approve
>>
>>50674598
Finally the last thing I came up with:

Fatal Flaw of Invulnerability (He Who Witnesses): A user of Perfect Defenses from He Who Witnesses cannot have moved since his last DV refresh or pay an 6 Mote surcharge above the normal amount spent on the Prefect.
>>
>>50674610
Thanks Justice-Anon. I'm not good at this but I was hoping to stir some folks into making better than nothing examples for others to use. Hope this helps you all!
>>
This one's out of order because it came out after the space arc, but since the slot that was reserved to follow 40k is now empty, I can squeeze it in instead of waiting.

Jump 169: Nu Trek
I hate the name of this jump.
>Ten of Swords (Ruin), reversed: An end to suffering, leading to spiritual transformation.
>Age: 33
>Location: Starfleet Headquarters
>Species: Vulcan
I keep rolling Vulcan with all the Trek jumps, it's kind of hilarious.
>Identity: Renegade (-150)
>Drawbacks: Wrath of Khan (+300), Object of Revenge (+300)
Well, if I'm going to ruin the plot (and believe you me, I am going to ruin the FUCK out of the plot), then I may as well go all-out.
>Specialization: Sciences (Free, Rogue)
>Specialization: Command (Free, Rogue)
Two specializations for rogue? Well, they'll come in handy.
>I Dare You To Do Better (1350)
Doubling this with clairvoyance means superb foreshadowing powers.
>Quick Learners (950)
Amping up my teaching abilities for on-the-job training is certainly helpful.
>Masked Intentions (Free, Rogue)
Well I've got something like thirty thousand years of bullshit under my belt at this point, but sure, I'll take something that makes me arbitrarily better.
>The Intimidation Game (850, Rogue)
So my superpower is giving speeches? ...oh, right, the Naruto build. Huh, yeah, that fits a little bit then.
>Superhuman (650, Rogue)
But I'm ALREADY an Augment. Oh, Khan is going to be in for a surprise.
>Just As Planned (350, Rogue)
Never hurts to plan ahead. A lot of planning ahead. Lex Luthor taking down Red Son Superman level of planning ahead.
>Only Logical (250, Sciences)
Well, I am a Vulcan. For the third time.
>Captain's Log (200, Command)
It might be handy just to make this a habit from time to time, really, so that others know what's on my mind if they go back. And for that matter, so I can do likewise.
>Subprime Directive (0, Command)
Technically correct is the best kind of correct.
>>
>>50674682
"Ambassador Spock! I'd been hoping I'd run into you."

"What... you! What- no, HOW are you here? Did you travel through the rift as well?"

"Pretty sure I told you what I was - I'm afraid I took the long way around. Nero was enough of an idiot that in fracturing the timeline that he actually managed to create a stable universe, though I've had trouble getting Q to answer my calls reliably. I don't think he likes what he sees, at least not as much as he used to, but then humanity's not on trial yet."

"You are a strange being. I assume, of course, you have a purpose in showing up on this world?"

"Oh, absolutely, Spock. I was in the neighborhood, and as nice as it is for Nero to give you a front row seat here on Delta Vega to watch the annihilation of Vulcan, I've decided to flip the equivalent of the bird to the way things are supposed to go, and seeing as I'm not Starfleet at the moment, the temporal prime directive doesn't apply to me. Otherwise we'd be pretty much screwed anyway."

"I expect you have a point to this, Crux?"

"Oh, yes, sorry. Long story short, we're going to blow this popsicle stand, unless you'd rather sit here and freeze, and then I'm going to go punch Nero in his smug face and explain to him why Romulus' star went nova, preferably before the entirety of Starfleet is annihilated."

"Indeed. And why is that, exactly?"

"Uh, mostly it's Janeway's fault actually, she spurred a civil war within the continuum. Change versus stagnation."

"Somehow... I am not entirely surprised."

"Yeah. Wait, crap, that means it's still humanity's fault and he's going to throw a tantrum. Oh well, next time I talk to Q, I'll see if I can get him to take you home at least, he should be able to and he owes me a favor. Meanwhile, we've got time to kill - want a tour of Sajuuk?"
>>
>>50674688
"...a smokescreen to conceal my true identity! My name is-"

"John!" The Starfleet men on the other side of the brig glass froze as I appeared out of thin air behind the augment in the cell, grinning at him widely. "I like the hair dye, but do yourself a favor, don't go trying to pass yourself off as someone you aren't. He has a much better tan than you."

The augment in question, of course, regarded me warily before deciding to attack me without so much as a by-your-leave. In a mood to entertain him, and with the physical ability to match him, I simply parried everything he threw at me, looking over his shoulder and shooting Kirk and Spock an apologetic look. "Sorry, guys. You know how it is. Augments."

"I... whatever, I should have expected this," Kirk muttered, while he and Spock watched the lack-of-a-fight with very little surprise. "You know, as much as I appreciate the potential help again, you're going against the spirit of the prime directive so hard that I think that I can hear it crying in the other room from how badly you've violated it."

"Sorry, Jimmy," I told him, before my patience ran out and the augment's nose broke with a satisfying crunch. He staggered, then folded when I landed a blow on the solar plexus, bending over him. "Now then. You know who I am, is that right, 'John'?"

A silent glare answered me, and the only moving he did was to wipe the blood from his lip.

"Then you know what I am capable of. ALL of what I'm capable of. Yes?" He nodded, the glare turning increasingly angry. "I've met the man you've passed yourself off as. You, friend, are not him. He was a troubled man with a seed of potential in him that could be cultivated to do great good, and in fact it was. You are not troubled. You are angry and spiteful and would as soon watch the world burn as save it from itself. And I will admit, this is my fault and it probably cannot be changed."

This, in itself, gave him pause. Then his features twisted in rage. "Explain!"
>>
>>50674702
I stood, waving a hand dismissively. "You were awoken a decade too early from sleep, you were filled with hate, you had those flames of rage fanned when they should have been reduced to embers and tempered by logic. If I weren't in this timeline, it wouldn't have happened quite this way, but it would have still been nasty regardless. I will offer you an alternative."

John Harrison regained his feet, wiping the blood from his face again, glowering. "I am listening."

"In the original timeline, you and your crew were given a planet. I propose to do the same thing with a world that doesn't have a cataclysm scheduled. You and your crew have peace, but isolation," I told him.

Harrison frowned, though he was considering it. "We haven't a viable gene pool."

I snorted. "Sure you do, augments came from around the globe. I'd recommend aiming for four to six children per generation and tracking a breeding program."

Harrison inhaled a breath. "The alternative?"

"You go back on ice, and all augments are turned over to Starfleet. Eighty percent of you will die from extended cryo, the remaining twenty will eventually join the fleet in various capacities," I told him, before apparating outside the cell with a faint pop. "Clock's ticking. Though it was clever to tell Marcus you were someone you weren't. Might've even saved your life when you did."

Kirk snapped his gaze to me. "Marcus. Admiral Marcus?"

I nodded to him, starting to walk toward the exit of the brig. "Mm, yeah. Oh, we should run to the bridge now, he's going to be intercepting you here very shortly. By the way, our friend here hid his crew in those torpedoes to try and smuggle them to safety but had to cut his losses," I told him as Spock and Kirk followed me from the brig into the lift; I hit the button for the bridge. "He'd say he's Khan, but he's actually not, amusingly. The admiral's about to drop out of warp. Turn on the charm, Jimmy, you're on in thirty seconds."

"...you keep calling me that..."
>>
>>50674631
Yeah the problem with Justice is making an Act of Villainy, considering his nature.
Gamer and Tiger are easy. One involves drowning an enemy in Minions, the other involves forcing people to acknowledge you as their King/God.
>>
File: Garlock Arrives.jpg (25KB, 597x333px) Image search: [Google]
Garlock Arrives.jpg
25KB, 597x333px
>>50674340
...wait.

We have a Paper Mario jump?

[Paper Mario]

Drawback: Super Flag Victory (1400)

Rolled Rogueport

Drop-In, Shadow

Paper People (Free)
Thank My Lucky Star (Free)
A Humble Mushroom Farmer (Free)
Papercraft (Free)
Tayce T. Cook (1300)
Warp Pipe Plumber (1200)
Origami World (900)
Personal Constellation (300)
Put On A Good Show (200)
Game Collection (Free)

More Star Points (0, 1200)
Crystal Star (Free)
Faster RechargeX2 (1000)
True Constellation (800)
Star Spirit (500)
Transmutation (300)
Debuff (200)
Buff (100)
Lullaby (0)

Wait, so-is this like Kirby? Everyone's a whimsical little children's cartoon character, except for the thing out of a nightmare that is the true final boss?

If Bowser goes go-karting in this one, I might join in.

I wonder what happens when you try to turn a painted world into paper.

>>50674369
...why is Zelda fanart so metal? Almost makes me want to play the games.
>>
>>50674717
Does it actually have to be villainous if you're making it yourself.
I mean weddings are somehow an act of villainy. You could probably spin it as being excessivly and overly heroic or something..
>>
>>50674717
What about vigilantism?
>>
>>50674734
…You never played any Zelda games?
You're missing out big-time, dude.

Ocarina of Time was fucking GOAT. Hands down my favorite game ever.
Majora's Mask comes in at a close second, though.
>>
>>50674734
I see you picked up the seven psuedo judgements.
I was wondering if you were going to do that.
>>
>>50674717
>Yeah the problem with Justice is making an Act of Villainy, considering his nature.
Not really: Here's one to get the juices flowing Justice-Anon!
Act of Villiany (Refuge in Audacity): When Justice stand he stands with glowing pilliars and a sword which could rend the fabric of the worlds. When he sits his throne is resplendent with the Five Magical Materials, and perhaps even unknown more. Justice is the face of the Hero Creation Needs but doesn't deserve any longer. In action this allows the Infernal to bleed off a point of Limit per scene in which he acts in a manner so outside the boundaries of normal society that those who were not direct witness will question it's credibility. (EG An Infernal saves the village by surfing a Behemoth in his Hellstrider before being taken down in a single hit by a powerful Fair Folk only to rip his way out of the Hellstrider complaining he should have just punched the Fair Folk himself to begin with.) Go big or go home.
>>
File: goldstar.png (100KB, 503x479px) Image search: [Google]
goldstar.png
100KB, 503x479px
>>50674714
Will there be more?
>>
>>50674875
Unfortunately that pretty much wraps up what I was going to write in that universe, I'm sorry. I was thinking of writing up something with Q griping at me good-naturedly for mucking about with the timeline, but I don't think I'd be able to give it the treatment it deserves.
>>
>>50674849
...God damn it's perfect Anon. I like you, I like you a lot.

>>50674750
Well you're supposed to be kidnapping the bride, but that's not a specific requirement.
>>
>>50674900
Ha ha thanks I don't think it'll be the best but it is something I guess.
>>
Who will Timmy harass, now that Red and dirge are gone? Have we finally gotten rid of him?
>>
You know it occurs to me since you can get your own constellation in Paper Mario, what kind of hell would that do to Sidereals in Exalted?
Do they get a new charm, or does that just cause some kind of paperwork singularity.
>>
Mardukth, is the items-only budget meant to apply to manses as well or just item-items?

>>50675129
Dirge isn't gone.
>>
>>50675148
Niether is Red.
>>
>>50675148
It only applies to item-items, he was asked this before.
>>
>>50675129
I think I'm the next one in line.
>>
>>50675129
No clue, but if he shows up again, SB is looking to be an alright place to be, if their community wasn't so involved in powerwanking everything.
>>
>>50675199
I certainly hope you don't mean ireland.
Because that's what it's been for the last 3 pages. It's kind of exhausting since everyone but one guy seems to get that potato mode is a mistake, but he's very persistant.
>>
So, what is Terraria's Infinite Liquid Generator based on? I'm trying to look it up so I can gain a more solid understanding of how it can be used, but nothing I can find seems to fit the description.
>>
File: JC5.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
JC5.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>50675132
Well, stars in Exalted are another weird special thing I forgot about the exact details of-but sometimes they fall to Creation so I imagine they aren't that big. I don't think they'd get new Charms.

On the other hand, yes-I think there would be some sort of paperwork singularity from seeing huge burning globes of plasma many times larger than Creation suddenly appearing, presumably in the Wyld somewhere nearby.

They probably wouldn't even recognise them as stars. They'd just be freaking out at who left so much hydrogen and iron out there to burn.

I'm considering creating my own Incarna(e) by interviewing Oramus, Ebby and others on how its' done, once I figure out how to get a working Loom up and running. But yes, mainly I just want to see the looks on the Bronze Faction's faces.
>>
>>50675213
No clue what you're talking about, but that shitposter doesn't care to go to SB, that's mostly what makes that place a bit more appealing.
>>
>>50675235
If you let liquid fall on a single block it will split on the way down and generate a little more of itself in game.
So building floating pyramids with holes in them with pipeing from the bottom to the top is a viable strategy to get as much water/lava/honey as you could ever want.

The bucket is a newer item you can get from fishing. the one you can buy is much better though since it works on things that aren't water.
>>
>>50675235
It's a glitch. If you look up terraria liquid generation on youtube you'll probably find a bunch of different ways to pull it off.
Some are even automated which is very nice for people who want to do things that aren't pick up and drop liquid out of a bucket all day long.
>>
>>50674849
Hey can I get one? I need something for creation, destruction, change, rebirth,Strange geometries,the eclipse and duality. my initial Idea is leading off a point of limit Whenever the fates of more than five people are changed or something new is added to a world such as an idea or a new invention that becomes popularized.
>>
>>50675129
>>50675199
>Don't have much time to bait today, too busy blowing dicks to make ends meet.
>Throw in some bullshit against Red and dirge while also tossing in that ALL OF YOU SHOULD GO TO SB shitpost at the final hour just to remind everyone I exist.
>>
Just skipped through an hour long video of an FFXV fight against a mountain sized turtle, and I have to ask: Are there any perks that let you damage something as if it had HP? Something to let you wail on one small part of a foe and actually kill it, even though it's so big you should just be giving it a paper cut at best?
>>
File: Garlock Smirk.png (127KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Garlock Smirk.png
127KB, 500x281px
>>50675360
Not quite the same thing, but Chrono Trigger has a perk that magnifies your attacks to deal proportional damage against those bigger than you.
>>
>>50675365
That is close enough. Thanks ASA/Garlock!
>>
>>50675365
How exactly does that work? Do I just thrust really hard with my spear and suddenly there's a big hole in the same place?
>>
>>50675360
I'll have something for that eventually. But aside from that I'm pretty sure if you look for some video game jumps or something like SAO, you'll find something that might help.
>>
>>50675351
Look, man. I get it, it's tough seeing jumpmaker upon jumpmaker leave. But just because eyou never learned how to accept responsibility for your actions and deal with them, doesn't mean it's okay to treat content creators like shit. Why don't you do something more productive than calling people shitposters for no reason? I believe in you, anon. Go celebrate how well you did on your exams, or make plans to do better if you didn't.
>>
>>50675360
You could pick up several HP perks around the jumps and use Lip Service for the ones you don't want.
>>
File: tmp_3111-raw1496172647.gif (3MB, 498x280px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3111-raw1496172647.gif
3MB, 498x280px
>>50675458
>I'll have something for that eventually
Santa?
>>
>>50675453
Pretty much. From what I recall it's kinda like Saitama but for weapons, and without the meme powerlevels.
>>
>>50670687
Huh. Alright. Probably not buying that then, since I can't think of a jump to spare. Thanks for answering Blade.
>>
Can an infernal walk around Yu-shan without anything too bad happening?
>>
File: ohwaityoureserious.gif (1MB, 288x198px) Image search: [Google]
ohwaityoureserious.gif
1MB, 288x198px
>>50675594
>Infernal
>In Yu Shan
Depends whether the gods know they're there, and under what circumstances.
>>
>>50675669
Would the gods be a threat to a full coven of Infernals? From what I understand a circle of high level Solars could defeat even the Unconquered Sun.
>>
>>50675360
in the light of Terra DLC Lords of the iron line . You can get a mask that Maintains the effectiveness of wrestling techniques against larger opponents, no matter how large they are. Although it does have some influence on your personality
>>
>>50675696
Singular gods? Probably not, with some exceptions. All the gods? Significantly more troublesome.
Don't forget there's also Sidereals (get ready for SMAs) and other spirits in Yu Shan as well. Even a full circle of high level Solaroids/Infernals are going to have some trouble if they just walked into Yu Shan and expected the entire of the Celestial Bureaucracy to be okay with that.

As for the Solars defeating the Unconquered Sun, from what I remember a lot of that hinges on the US suppressing his virtues or the Solars engineering a circumstance where he has to do something that's against his nature (such as by forcing him to lie, or use subterfuge).
>>
>>50675824
I think it's only really the auto success and invulnerability ones you have to suppress, which are Valor and Temperance I think. The other two virtues aren't 100% needed, but him supressing them does help.
>>
>>50675859
Suppressing Conviction is pretty much necessary too though, it takes a lot of motes and some fairly high-essence charms to beat out 40 arbitrary successes. And that's just assuming he ONLY focuses on fighting rather than, say, escaping or alerting the rest of Heaven.
>>
final build for /co/co/’s Bizarre Adventures
http://pastebin.com/E61qpZXa
>>
>>50675913
>>50675859
Also Valor is infinite damage, not auto-success
>>
>>50676062
is your whole chain stored somewhere, O Delinquent One? i'd be curious to read it
>>
>>50676090
give me a second apparently the 370 odd pages are too big for Pastebin so I'm going to have to upload it somewhere else.
>>
>>50676090
here you go.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1NV2V5LZZSFZTJDendfZG9Dc3c/view?usp=sharing
>>
>>50676133
thanks dude. whatever happened to the guy who was uploading Red's chain in countless screencaps?
>>
>>50676155
>thanks dude. whatever happened to the guy who was uploading Red's chain in countless screencaps?

I don't keep track of anons sorry but she should have her change somewhere In Pastebin as well
>>
>>50676133
so this is SI right? how different is Jumper!you compared to real life you by now?
>>
>>50676210
my Jumper has had literal millennia Of experiences that I have not, many of which are not possible to humans Not including background memories since I hardly ever go drop-in, somewhere, I'm there at the very bottom of his mind and he's doing everything he can to try and get away from me So pretty God damn different. He has an entirely different set of hangups and neuroses than I do, but what of me that is still in him is much deeper much larger, much more generalized than my specific set of prejudices and desires,I for example, don't think of physics as being oppressive and instead have anger about textbook lefty bullcrap.
>>
Infernals link please?
>>
File: 1481478856838.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1481478856838.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50676267
here you go.
>>
>>50676264
Wait so your character who's gone through hundreds of lives across an infinite omniverse, has encountered all manners of human and inhuman beliefs and worldviews, is wise with the experience of millenias... that character is still mad at one specific side of an unimportant cultural war in one country of the 21st century Earth-1?
>>
>>50676279
Thank you.
>>
>>50676304
Such is the fate of all Jumpers with "you're always you" perks.
>>
>>50671842
I'm assuming you mean regular magical gems of somesort, not wholly "living" things. While I don't know a thing about SBURB Alchemization, one of my favorite things used to combine things is SCP-914. If your willing to head into the verse, that is an amazing item to pick up, because assuming you could reasonably predict what would be its output.
Perhaps with precog, or you can somehow give it a consciousness via Kingdom Hearts, allowing you to talk to it and maybe get it to listen to you, it's scary. Because not only does the bought one come with a book telling you how to enable it to combine your items, but it could also vastly improve them, like exponentially.

I recommend you look up Project Olympia on the website to see the type of bullshit you can get.
>>
File: fry-philip-j.-fry-futurama.jpg (203KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
fry-philip-j.-fry-futurama.jpg
203KB, 2880x1800px
>>50676304
Not sure if I'm getting what you're saying or If you're Not getting what I'm saying.

He like me stands for freedom,equality and liberty. but he directs those morals in ways I do not and cannot and pushes them in directions I do not and cannot. it's not a matter of one important cultural war, It's a matter of the principles behind that culture war.
>>
Edits done, but probably still fucked in some way

Added a couple new things to the companion table too.

This is it guys.
>>
>>50676340
Yeah I think I misunderstood you.
You're saying he has the same basic values as you do even after all these different experiences then. All right. What did you mean about physics not being oppressive?
>>
How hard would it be to become a Devil Tiger in Infernal?
>>
>>50676304
and in case you haven't noticed , historically as liberalism advances Liberals get more liberal. now imagine a Strain of liberalism that started in modern times several times Older than human history, which has been able to literally fight off damn near everything that it's encountered. it's going to get pretty God damn liberal.
>>50676380
Well I personally think there are more urgent fish to fry in the liberty game, but my Jumper sees that he has a pretty liberal government set up already and is A bit upset about how The God arranged things to be " impossible" or " the antithesis of life" and put down all these "unfair laws" that he wants to "repel" Especially the second law of thermodynamics, he really has a hateboner for that one.
>>
>>50676407
Oh I think I see what you're saying. He can easily start political changes on the level of how society organizes itself. So he goes one step further in the changes he advocates and starts thinking "This universe could be organized really differently.. I mean this planet has so much sunlight, but that one is cold and dark? Doesn't seem fair to me!" and then agitates to throw God out of office?
>>
>>50676376
For whatever reason 4chan isn't letting this load.
You can find it in the uploads file on the drive

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_6DgZrbKgtCbDF6WmFUOEVEa1U
>>
>>50676448
pretty much yeah, unless such actions would further conflict with his morals, such as " this set of instances of sapience requires these conditions, I will not interfere with these conditions since I wish to maximize the number of instances of nonhostile sapience and the satisfaction Of their needs and values"
>>
>>50676472
>Va-11 hall-a V1.0.pdf
File's working for me. Nice.
>>
File: JC14.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
JC14.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
I just realised an agonising CP dilemma I've been struggling over can be easily resolved by being slightly less of a cosmic dick, and slightly more of a cosmic mad artist:

[Exalted: Infernals, redux]

Drawbacks: Remembering a Past Life, Return of the Infernal Jumper, Love of Adorjan, A Hellish Rival, Demon Hunters, Past Lives Matter, Terrible Torment, Omen Weather, Demonic Aspect, Horrible Coadjutor, Saturday Morning Cartoon Villain (2700)

Savant

Caste: Defiler

Favored: Oramus

Savant's Understanding (Free)
Beautiful and Terrible (Free)
Architectural Madness (2600)
Vitriolic Craftsman (2400)
Primordial Psychologist (2100)
Crystal Clarity (2000)
Principle of Hierarchy (1800)
Border of Impossibility (1700)
Mu (1500)
Coven: Perfect Circle (1200)
Demonic Retinue: Mini-Adorjan (1150)
Demonic Familiar: Mysteriously Mute Redhead (1100)
The Crystal Palace (900)
The Artful Temple That Is Not (700)
Sorcerous Initiation of the Yozis (550)
Staff of Forbidden Light (400)
Writ of Worlds (0).
Hellstar Guitar (+300, 0)

It was a serious tossup between Writ and the Morass, but the possibilities-

>write dragons made of Thu'uum monographs on the anatomy of dragonkind
>write a flaming sword made of Enochian swearwords-a literal weaponised flamewar
>write a metabook using Old Tainish to describe the properties of books

-are amazing.

>>50676383
It's essentially a matter of gaining enough cosmic insight into Primordial essence patterns (i.e. learning any first excellency, sorcerous initiation and two shintai charms) and ratcheting up the power of your Exaltation (read: Essence 6, one level beyond the point where most games of Exalted are expected to run) to the point where you can do a lot of meditation to redefine who you are and how you express that through your Charms. You'll need to weave yourself into a literal cocoon and stay in there to learn some of the Charms-which can take anywhere from a day to an hour.
>>
>>50676503
That's pretty cool actually. Sorry it took so much effort to explain it to me.

I had a character in an old DC Heroes game who ascended to omnipotence in a parallel Earth. Long story short I forced my political beliefs on everyone (including animals) and before I knew it I had become a tyrant who the other players had to overthrow.
>>
>>50676383
Do that post jump, I've heard the Yozi tend to send Akuma death squads after usurpers.
>>
>>50676559
>DC Heroes

Is that a TTRPG?

>ascended to omnipotence

...sorry, I think I missed something along the way: How are you any different from Dr. Doom? That doesn't sound like omnipotence

Okay, Doom's a pretty bad example but you know what I mean.
>>
>>50676559
my Jumper mainly uses charisma perks, and social influence perks,and contributing vastly to society via science perks to maintain his position As what is essentially the vice president/Chairman/oybun/Messiah figure of a post-human,Post-scarcity universal direct democracy ruled by a council consisting of all it's citizens.
>>
>>50676448
full disclosure: there is the catch that it's usually not agitating to throw him out of office so much as a Blood drenched coup.....
>>
>>50676580
Yes from the early nineties.
> How are you any different from Dr. Doom?
I became the Spectre of a particular universe whose Gods were all gone, and I basically wielded all of God's powers except my mind was unchanged.

So I could use the Voice to set up rules such as "It is now impossible to hurt another being" (which fucked over carnivorous animals who weren't able to kill prey anymore)
I basically tried to solve everything forever and make everyone nice to each other. It went horribly. And it all ended with me going What Have I Become and undoing everything.

>>50676613
>>50676656
So you're a dimension-hopping, revolutionary Deicide? Che Guevara with a laser gun?
>>
How does the house of mystery in Justice League Dark works?
>The House is connected to every single point in space and time and this gives it the ability to slip between the layers of reality and appear anywhere you wish, be it a planet on the other side of the great black beyond or another dimension altogether. There are few places the house cannot go and it'll be all too happy to do so.

Looks like a spark to me, does this mean i can go wherever i wish via the house or it's just a bad wording for "it follows you every jump"?

And

>anyone who accepts you invitation into the House can be summoned back into it at any time you wish.

Does this de facto render the pods useless? Can you call back people from other universes with this?

I looked at the past ten or so thread before asking, sorry if this was already clarified.
>>
File: cocky banchô-Anon.jpg (51KB, 853x380px) Image search: [Google]
cocky banchô-Anon.jpg
51KB, 853x380px
>>50676675
pretty much yeah except we have transcended the need for any sort of Economy rather than being communist. seriously , anyone who doesn't pick paragon resource generators when they go to supcom is an idiot.
>>
>>50676679
It's a safe bet that nothing available for purchase in a jump can make pods useless that isn't spelt out as an explicit companion option and can't travel outside the jump.

So it's effectively a really, really good spaceship with a summoning trick.
>>
>>50675502
>Lip Service
Your strategy is to kiss your opponent in order to give them disadvantageous perks?
>>
>>50676705
So it's basically a Tardis that can summon people?
>>
>>50676738
Assuming that it is as powerful as the Canon version that's a good analogy, it's even bigger on the inside. Of course most of that space is already filled with demons.
>>
>>50676679
It may say it's anchored to every point in space and time, but the actual function is "slip between the layers of reality and appear anywhere you wish".
So it can go everywhere in the "local" multiverse. I don't think its power to recall people extends beyond the local multiverse either.

So yeah, a Tardis that can summon people, without the time travel.
>>
>>50676749
>Of course most of that space is already filled with demons.
elaborate plz
>>
>>50676772
now what if you already had a form of magical time travel? Do you think it would be reasonable to feed that to it?
>>50676778
It's the house of mystery, entire civilizations of demons, devils, spirits ,Angels, etc. live inside It's near infinite ever shifting internal expanses.
>>
I know Solars are the strongest exalted and the Dragon Blooded are much weaker but how do the rest of the exalted compare to each other in terms of power?
>>
>>50676789
Thanks, I guess i'll start reading canon,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League_Dark

Is the right one right? I always make confusion with comic books (too many different versions/releases etc.)
>>
>>50676847
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League_Dark

I think so
>>
File: I Am Me.png (369KB, 1209x425px) Image search: [Google]
I Am Me.png
369KB, 1209x425px
>>50676332
Not necessarily.
>>
>>50676847
and don't worry too much about the Various ghoulies that live in the house. They are loyal to it and the house is loyal to It's caretaker
>>
>>50676922
>shows picture of Cain and Abel
>talks about loyalty
Sometimes, man, you're this perfect font of perfect unintentional irony.
>>
File: Captain Garlock.jpg (85KB, 780x481px) Image search: [Google]
Captain Garlock.jpg
85KB, 780x481px
>>50676847
That's the one, yeah. Canon's pretty vague on the House's dimensions and populace too though, beyond "enough for a one-off issue about side characters blundering their way through, and also enough to serve as a staging ground for the main characters to barely survive the next world-ending event"

>>50676842
Sidereals are typically weaker than Solars when it comes to direct methods or textbook excellence of technique, but have a broader array of unconventional skills related to fate manipulation (in Exalted, Fate is kind of like a massive program that tracks and in a roundabout way influences causality in Creation-but the Sidereals have much less effective control over it than they'd need to curbstomp threats to themselves) as well as reality-warping martial arts. They're like the Stand Users of the Exalted community-lots of hat tricks, relatively little durability in a one-on-one.

Abyssals have Solar-tier abilities. Their massive disadvantages are a) they're technically undead, which in the context of Exalted means they basically suffer a spiritual allergic reaction to standing in non-shadowland (undead zone) bits of Creation, and b) all their Charms are geared for killing things, and therefore not very good at not approaching problems without being horredously edgy.

Lunars are supposed to be and fluffed as the second strongest celestial exalts. Mechanically, they're really good at turning into lifeforms which aren't other Exalts or Primordials and are roughly the tankiest Exalts out there. The bad news is, neither really makes them good at Exalt-on-Exalt conflict, and they also all have varying levels of attachment to a specific Solar. For what it's worth they do have some neat druid tricks like inflicting wounds that can't heal, emitting an aura of Wyld energy, beating the Raksha at Shaping combat (read: High-stakes illusion Calvinball-fights) and a generally easier time of surviving environmental hazards than Solars.
>>
File: 1473392810340.gif (45KB, 197x261px) Image search: [Google]
1473392810340.gif
45KB, 197x261px
>>50676911
That's a very apt analogy, but Italian evolved from Byzantine cuisine which was an amalgamation of Greek and Roman, which is different from modern day Greek.

You're not getting out of this dilemma that easily anon.
>>
>>50676939
Having gone through the first three pages of Google image search this is pretty much the only picture that actually shows the outside of the house I can find
>>
>>50676965
What about Infernals, I assume similar but different to Solar/Abyssal?
>>
File: JC6.jpg (78KB, 1328x585px) Image search: [Google]
JC6.jpg
78KB, 1328x585px
>>50676842
Infernals are...special. They are to Solars what Spiderman is to Batman: Solars CAN outperform them in contests of "how much dice can I throw at this context of melee/occult/athletics?" more efficiently, but Infernal charms are so thematically broad that instead of worrying about swordfights, they have options like smiting things near them with radiation or turning into a sandstorm or telekinetically slapping the sword out of their opponents' hand. Even better, their charms ARE very, very good at doing things in their Yozis' purview so long as you have ALL of them in a perk tree, and as long as you remember you're fighting like a concept rather than a person.

A lot of their charm design makes sense when the charms' original owners were BORN at Essence 10. Which means you often need to take lots of charms in a tree to be able to perform at Solar levels, the perfect defenses are conditional on where/who you're fighting rather than how you're fighting and a lot of them are dependant on having high Essence. Mind you, once you do get going-Malfeas' soak Charms rival Lunars and arguably make you tougher, Ebby can BREAK someone with a conversation and Cecelyne's wish-granting charm is versatile enough for everything from blackmail to raising competant minions out of dirt farmers.

And you don't have to worry about Alchemicals because they're in another world sealed off by a Primordial's own spell, but from what little I recall they're on the level of Dragonblooded but with cyberpunk-like aesthetics.
>>
File: everydayofmylife.png (201KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
everydayofmylife.png
201KB, 500x281px
>>50676376
Cyberpunk Bartender Action
VA-11 HALL-A
> Age: 23 [Rolled7] (1/6)
> Identity: Digital Security
> Race: Cat Boomer
> Time to Mix Drinks and Change Lives [-100CP]
> Theatrics [-200CP]
> Columnist [-100CP]
> Noir World [-200CP]
> Script Kiddie [Get a Freebie!]
> Danger/u/s [-100CP]
> 2 Idiots, 1 Keyboard [-200CP]
> Kotatsu [Get a Freebie!]
> BTC Beverage Kit [-100CP]
> Hacker's Friend [-300CP]
> May You Live In Interesting Times [+300CP]

> "Konata?"
> "No."
> "Konata are you in here?"
> "No."
> "Konata, what are you doing underneath the kotatsu."
> "Nn."
> "You can't just stay under the kotatsu for the whole jump."
> "Nnn."
> "I thought you were doing some kind of journalism thing. Weren't you doing something like that? Hacking the nanobots and security systems and bringing truth to the people? What happened to that?"
> "Mm."
> "Everyone thinks you're dead."
> "Nn."
> "Konata come on."
> "Nnnnn."
> "There's a civil war starting, do you want to get in on that? People are getting mad."
> "Nnnnnn."
> "You could some tech. Run around and punch people."
> "Nooo."
> "Come on, Konata, the city is in danger, we have to do something."
> "Nooooo."
> "Come on, I'm dragging you outside."
> "Nooooooo!"
> "This is for your own good."
> "Nuuuuuuuuu!"
>>
>>50676986
>inb4 #notalljumpers

Most jumpers don't spring full formed from the aether; individuals are influenced by their environments. You're right to point out that certain things influenced the creation of Italian cuisine and that you can see their finger prints on it today. However, that doesn't change the fact that Italian exists separate and distinct from the cuisines that led to its creation.

So, going back to the point, by saying that Italian will always be Italian you can easily assert that it won't shift to become Byzantine, Greek, or Roman. Sure, you may see those notes and flavors appearing more strongly from time to time, cuisine is seasonal after all, but at the end of the day if a restaurant is committed to being an Italian restaurant, Italian it'll stay. As said it can explore what it means to be Italian in light of its primordial predecessors and it can accept certain newer influences and interpretations. However, if it is to remain Italian there are certain aspects that will and must remain.

It's not a dilemma if you're willing to accept that minor changes aren't ipso facto essential changes.
>>
>>50676939
Actually Sandman's Cain and Abel are pretty loyal towards each other.

Cain gets the new Dream to revive his brother and he goes on some adventures to make him happy. He getting murder-angry is a curse more than a trait of himself.
>>
File: 1479376860888.jpg (830KB, 1850x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1479376860888.jpg
830KB, 1850x2500px
>>50677044
Oh, you. Is it weird that the first time I read through the Jump and saw the kotatsu I just /knew/ you'd spend an inordinate amount of time under it. Still made me laugh.

Just rig up a kotatsu suit! Make it look like a old-fashioned, puffy Zoot Suit and strut around in warm, glorious fashion.
>>
File: KagamiandKonata2.jpg (33KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
KagamiandKonata2.jpg
33KB, 704x396px
>>50677113
> Is it weird that...?
Not at all. As a cute/fluffy/lazy/cat jumper, it is only natural to assume I would be attracted to comfy.
It would be weirder to assume I wouldn't.

> Just rig up a kotatsu suit!
Yorororo, the whole point of comfiness is that you don't have to move around!
Why, with that couch I got from Invader Zim, and this kotatsu, I might never have to move again!

... Hm.
Although, making some kind of FFX Yojimbo-style kotatsu battle suit would be pretty cool. ...
Perhaps when Digger's Sonic Classic jump comes out, I can combine it with the "use living creatures as a power source" Robotnik method and snag people right off the battlefield, granting robots a powerboost and the people a comfy container they'll never want to leave!
It'll be like an artificial COVERS from Kill la Kill!
That's genius!

Kahahahahah!
>>
File: seriously.png (85KB, 407x222px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
85KB, 407x222px
>>50677261
you know that that is literally how Daleks got started right?.....
>>
>>50676155
>whatever happened to the guy who was uploading Red's chain in countless screencaps?

Still here, and still cleaning the screenshots up. I haven’t had a lot of time to work on it lately, so it could be another day or three, I’m not really sure.
>>
File: Cat puns.jpg (56KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Cat puns.jpg
56KB, 1280x720px
>>50677053
>However, that doesn't change the fact that Italian exists separate and distinct from the cuisines that led to its creation.

You say that today, but in 1000 years time? Hell even 100 years time. Italian, Chinese. Mexican, all of these nations evolved with agriculture. Specific plants grow better in the Mediterranean than they do anywhere else, which lead to specific preparation practices. I think that you'll eventually find that these will be assimilated into a larger culture and the term "Italian cuisine" will lose all meaning, just like "Byzantine Cuisine". I think if you look at the younger nations, like Australia, you'll find very little in the way of a... cuisineal? identity. You've got a few things like Damper bread and ANZAC cookies, but they were pre-gobalism foodstuffs. Same with the USA to some extent, the unique foods that were developed in the states have been exported to the point where they seem ubiquitous, they don't seem American. The only thing yanks have left in that arena to set them apart is massive serving portions.

So to get to the point, the analogy apt but the conclusion was flawed. The things that currently make up Italian cuisine, or the self, mainly used to belong to different entities with a few exceptions. You can expect this trend to continue in the future.

You're right about minor changes, but you seem to be forgetting that major changes still exist.

And don't you find anything disconcerting about the notion that no matter what we do we can't change fundamental flaws in our character?

On method of thinking has us stuck in Einstein's definition of insanity, the other has us perpetually annihilating our ego. Neither answer is a happy one so it remains a deilemma.

>>50677044
Mad cute
>>
>>50677352
>>50677053
>>50676986
>>50676911
>>50676332
I think you're both overdoing what the perks are meant to protect against.
The two "you are you" perks that come to mind are from "Red Dead Undead Nightmare" and "Robocop". One is based on not becoming a feral zombie brain, and the other is based on not becoming the cyberpunk equivalent of a servitor.

To use this analogy you're using, it protects your Italian cuisine from turning into poop or a can-opener.
>>
>>50677261
>Kotatsu weapons of war.
Well, that took all of five minutes to weaponize. Congratulations.

Personally I fully intend to turn that couch from Invader Zim into a Lazy-Boy-O-Doom once I finally snag it. I agree that moving is for chumps, but sometimes it is necessary.
>>
>>50677412
2/3rds of the reason I participate in these threads is the philosophical discussion I can get out of you guys.

Don't try and take that away from me anon.

But you're probably right, and that was their intent.
>>
>>50677453
I'll take what I want when I want.
I'll be coming after you metaphysical interaction laws next!
>>
>>50677471

You'll never be able to find them!
>>
>>50676279
Man, this sounds so cool, but I don't know any of Exalted's lore or mechanics, so I don't understand any of it or what anything is really capable of.
>>
>>50677610
Exalted is really high power.... Like Indian mythology levels of high power.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY4-E9WUmQE
>>
>>50677610
you've got things like defenses that are "perfect" except for one small weakness or "unblockable" or "undodgeable" and things like "automatic successes" I'd suggest checking out the exalted threads for a copy of the core book so you can learn more
>>
>>50677610
A mortal can parry another mortal trying to hit them with a sword, a Solar Exalt can parry a primordial creator god trying to hit them with a mountain.

It start with out with martial arts/some thematic magic and ends with a particularly absurd amount of concept ball. Comparisons of high essence exalts to capeshit are only in inaccurate in that superman isn't dicking around with conceptual absolutes.
>>
>>50677412
Yeah, but what about, for instance, the ones from Prototype or Narnia? The Prototype one runs you the risk of you exploiting and/or killing humans because you might end up seeing them as lower life forms and the Narnia one runs you the risk of mentally being a kid forever.
>>
>>50677747
>superman isn't dicking around with conceptual absolutes.
Except for when he is, making him exactly like a Solar.
Thread posts: 431
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.