[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 433
Thread images: 39

File: Vrooom.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Vrooom.png
1MB, 1600x900px
Eldar Are Anime And Tau Are Both Koreas edition
Not Today, Sisters subedition

>previous thread
>>50663852

>Freshest Rules:
https://mega.nz/#F!Wl5DAbCb!TYxZG4CgX_x-NJu7JBwbZQ!2tgBUTYI

>Stale PDFs:
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!ddAxALZD
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>As current as the FAQs get
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE CLOWNS):
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

>List Builder if BS doesn't add enough bloat for you
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator
>>
First for dark eldar.
>>
Any suggestions for good places to get terrain that aren't GW levels of expensive?
>>
>>50668509
>>
>>50668508
Good work, Kabalite!
>>
It's 4 days until the named Canoness is released, and I haven't seen any leaked rules.
What gives?
>>
Trying to figure out a good ally to fill in mobility gaps in my Skitarii army now that we can't use drop pods / start in rhinos
>>
File: Bin_Sisters.jpg (32KB, 337x321px) Image search: [Google]
Bin_Sisters.jpg
32KB, 337x321px
Fifth for Sisters of Battle and crushed dreams ;___;.
>>
>>50668563
Her rules will be in the new Codex, which is released alongside the new SoB plastics next year. 8th Ed battlebox will also feature Sisters and one xeno faction, most likely Orks or Dark Eldar.
>>
File: image.jpg (228KB, 754x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228KB, 754x800px
I just wanted The Imperium Super Friend codex. Did not mind not having plastic SoB, getting folded into a book with others.

Just wanted to have fun rules and make an improvement over the Inquistion codex costumisation.

Instead we got Imperial Agents. A codex where you can't take the option in it because they are all different factions. Only can do it with a crap formation.

Wanted fun rules, just have fun with wacky units...

Why anon? Why?!
>>
>>50668563
>Canoness Veridyan has no individual rules, but she can be used to represent a Canoness from the Adepta Sororitas section of the Imperial Agents codex!

Watch.
>>
>>50668564
scions are a nice fun choice
>>
>>50668571
I cri errytime
>>
Is it ok to play Eldar with no wraith units? I play with my Autarch and aspect units in wave serpents and such. I find it really fun
>>
>>50668564
Wait for IA14. If FW is giving out 30k toys to 40k admech then skitarii will be getting the best transport (125pts14/12/12/4hp) in the game.
>>
>>50668594
40k is about to be Sigmar'd. Chaos is the new favourite, as their victory is inevitable.
>>
>>50668595

Won't that get backlash, considering the limited marine captains which nobody uses got rules?
>>
>>50668598
How is their formation in the Start Collecting set? Is it worth it?
>>
>>50668590
Source?
>>
>>50668619
I hope so, but I feel like I've been hearing that for more than a year now.
>>
File: image.jpg (135KB, 658x800px)
image.jpg
135KB, 658x800px
On the bright side. SoB do not do extra damage to themselves because they get really faithful.

Almost ork level of bad rules.
>>
>>50668619
Skitar-ih-ee.
>>
File: 7qL4cH2wK6U.jpg (190KB, 1267x723px)
7qL4cH2wK6U.jpg
190KB, 1267x723px
Inquisition can still field normal warbands, but they have a formation on the side. new images revealed.
>>
HoR Kill Team.
Combat Finesse on an Apothecary.
Nice and fluffy, or wasted points?
>>
>>50668594
>anyone can ally Valkyries
>no one can start in them
>>
>>50668564

A+ base scheme
A+ paintjob
A+ color scheme
A+ blue plasma
B+ white backdrop
F- random dirty black tray for a photo booth

See me after class.
>>
>>50668669
Skitar-ee-eye
>>
>>50668662
>Almost ork level of bad rules.
If you think Army of Faith remotely compares in any way, shape or form to Da Boss Iz Watchin, you've got your head lodged so far up your ass it's incredible.
>>
>>50668683
Rending on close combat weapon or chainsword? Fluffy as fuck, and lore accurate. Go for it.
>>
>>50668571
>>50668604

I smile errytime
>>
File: IMG_0439.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0439.png
2MB, 750x1334px
>>50668644
I don't even play scions, my buddy does
Pulling off a deepstrike right where it matters is a thing of beauty, it's very tense not knowing where along your lines he will choose to rain death
>>
>>50668669
you tube com/watch?v=TB9fwJDweaU
>>
File: 1481201283709.jpg (391KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1481201283709.jpg
391KB, 1000x1000px
Dear GW,If you were a fat, ugly, middle aged woman, I would make love to you lovingly and passionately for what you've done to SoB in your latest release.

The sheer amount of salt, tears, butthurt and damage control from SoB players right now transcends mortal understanding of what should be possible. Never in my brief, humble existence have I laughed as loudly as am I right now, while my throbbing, erect penis continues to sprout out fountains of life-juice.I decidedly urge you to continue the cleansing of the SoB fanbase, ignoring their pleas and cries for mercy with righteous authority, building additional momentum until the final, divine blow is struck and the Sisters of Battle are inevitably removed from 40k. The sheer psychic backlash from such an action will resonate around the world, as hundreds (because less than a thousand people play them) of SoB players commit collective suicide, finally ridding the world of their existence. It is in that glorious day, as a hundred souls are sent screaming into the warp to be tortured for eternity by the Prince of Excess, in which I may finally pass away in laughter, knowing the Emperor's divine justice has been dealt and surrounded in a pool of my own cum.

Thank you GW, it's like election night all over again.

Best regards,
Anonymous
>>
>>50668738
I'll do it, IN HIS NAME!
>>
>>50668788
>The sheer psychic backlash from such an action will resonate around the world, as hundreds (because less than a thousand people play them) of SoB players commit collective suicide, finally ridding the world of their existence

Laugh all you want but I'm pretty sure this is how the Emperor was created.
>>
>>50668671
Oh, thank the Emperor. No mandatory Acolytes.

>Carapace Armor: 2 pts
>Power Armor: 5 pts
>PSYBOLT AMMO

YES YES FUCK ME YES YES YES
>>
>>50668662
It's only not a good rule because the strongest thing in the SoB codex is a big pile of cheap and durable obsec troops and transports.

Most other armies would be quite happy with the ability to give every unit in the army a near-terminator save for one turn.
>>
>>50668811
>psybolt ammo on tax infantry

Why? The whole point of those units is to pay like 9 points to unlock a psyback.
>>
>>50668811
Arent those all same options as before?
>>
>>50668823
No, I mean I'm happy that at least we still have Psybolt Chimeras and they didn't get rid of our special ammo like Grey Knights.

still
>no razorback
>>
>>50668718
Actually, while many people seem to think that's how latin goes, it isn't.
>>
>>50668777
>That image
>>
>>50668829
They dropped the points cost of carapace and power armor significantly.
>>
>>50668838

Psymeras will have to do.
>>
Wait. I missed several threads. Why is everyone talking about SoB players being butthurt?
No plastic SoB? Destroyed in new codex? Squatted?
plz tell me I have anxiety now
>>
>>50668610
Anyone?
>>
>>50668703
>Mfw tabletop is considered "A+ paintjob" on /tg/.
>>
>>50668865

The best units in the book are windrider jetbikes and warp spiders.
>>
>>50668871

It's not like you have to write a Pulitzer Prize winner to get an A+ in school.
>>
>>50668862
Sisters of battle are largely unchanged in the new codex, except they got a terrible formation and lost st. Celestine.

The buffs everyone was hoping for, like interesting formations and decurions, did not happen, and a beloved character was squatted.
>>
>>50668862
They wanted War Convocation or Gladius, and got neither.
>>
>>50668873
Warp spiders? Really?
>>
>>50668671
>relics ordo specific

Well, unless Hereticus gets thunder hammers, no more Outflanking my Malleus unit.
>>
>>50668610
The only wraith unit that's actually a problem is the WK. Guard are pretty good but they're not dumb for the points they cost.

Like >>50668873 said, the best units are the jetbikes, though I do think Knights are above Spiders. The Eldar codex is really good at internal balance even though it's laughably above everything else, so you can have fun and cheese people taking most anything.
>>
>>50668829
Yes. Didn't you get the memo? This is codex Copy paste! With a side dish of shitty formations and disappointment.

At least it is copy pasted, maybe Acolytes squads of 12 Psykers for 120 points can be possible.
>>
>>50668871
Man, that kitbash was impressive even before you painted it.
>>
>>50668856
Yeah.

Rip 80 point Pask Exterminator with AV 11.
>>
>>50668914

Yeah one of the top lists in the ITC where you can only have 1 maximum Wraithknight was just spamming a shit ton of Warp Spiders after filling out the minimum requirements with jetbikes and farseer on jetbike.
>>
So, with the advent of Planetary Onslaught, my group and I have been coming up with some ideas for Chaos-specific terrain that we could use (as we're predominantly Chaos players) that would be fun without being broken.

One that I've come up with is the Warp Shard.
>A baleful, black pylon of unknown stone and bearing horrifying glyphs and runes of Chaos, a Warp Shard is a column of pure Warp-stone that has been either brought, fabricated, or summoned into the material realm. Acting as a focus for all who would harness the power of the Warp, a Warp Shard amplifies the powers and presence of all those who submit themselves before the Ruinous Powers.

Type: Small Impassable Building (AV14 2HP)

Must select one of the following options:
>Dedicated to Khorne: All models with a Mark or Covenant of Khorne or Daemons of Khorne gain +1 Attack and Fearless while within 12" of a Warp Shard, and add +1 to all Deny the Witch rolls.

>Dedicated to Tzeentch: All M, C or D of Tzeentch within 12" of a Warp Shard add +1 to their Invulnerable Save (Max 3++) and are Fearless. Psykers may re-roll Perils when using the Tzeentch or Change discipline or summoning Daemons of Tzeentch.

>Dedicated to Nurgle: All M, C, and D of Nurgle within 12" of a Warp Shard add +1 to their Cover Save (Max 2+) and are Fearless. Psykers may re-roll Perils when using Nurgle or Decay disciplines or summoning Daemons of Nurgle.

>Dedicated to Slaanesh: All M, C, and D of Slaanesh gain +1 to their FnP (or gain FnP 6+) and are Fearless. Psykers may re-roll Perils when using Slaanesh or Excess disciplines or summoning Daemons of Slaanesh.

>Undivided Dedication: All CSM, Daemons, and Renegades add +1 to their Leadership and gain Zealot.

Special Rules:
>Warp-Fueled: The Warp-Shard has a 3++ Invulnerable Save to all shooting attacks, and counts as a Daemon (aligned with the appropriate god if it's Dedicated).

>Lash of Chaos: Any unit assaulting a Warp Shard suffers D6 S4 AP- attacks at Init. Step 1.
>>
>>50668871

I give it a C+/B-.
>>
>>50668671
Wait a minute.

>no servitor weapons list

Hopefully they're just baked into the profile.

Or do we need Enginseer tax for Servitors now?
>>
>>50668671

very nice. I don't see the limit of 3 special weapons for acolytes here, I assume its in the acolyte page if it is still a thing.

I am pretty stoked on 25 points for a roll on strategic traits. two inquisitors, with creed in a CAD for 4 rolls on strategic rerolling the table if i get a shitty 6. if the relic book is still the same you can do some early game infiltrate scout shenanigans if 1 of your 4 rolls is infiltrate.
>>
>>50668910
I only wanted fun things. Maybe just remove the insane number required for the Apocalypse formations. Nothing fancy.
>>
>>50668942

servitors are in a different section now in the book.
>>
>>50668925
>ITC
nothingofvalue.jpg

>>50668942
Servitors weapons generally match what's listed for the techpriest or in the BRB, there's no need for their own entry in the wargear purchase section.
>>
>>50668957
Plasma Guns are 15 now instead of the old 10. Dang.

Here's hoping we get upgrades for BS 4 Acolytes? Pretty please?
>>
File: 1477869344643.png (111KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
1477869344643.png
111KB, 500x321px
>>50668862
They expected the thing that the rumors have always been saying is just a little update, while their proper new codex and model release is in the works, to be a proper new release and codex...
>>
>>50668598
I haven't really looked much into Scions, but would a few troop choices deepstriking into the backfield be a viable addition to the average admech list? (not trying to min-max or I'd just do war convo with librarian conclave)
>>
>>50668992

some cheaper armor means they still end up cheaper than other folks who take plasma guns.
>>
>>50668985
>nothingofvalue.jpg
The only thing ITC actually does is nerf invisibility and add a cap on the number of detachments / fortifications/ LoW that you can take.

Good units don't become shit because of it or vice versa, except maybe mini-detachments that eat up your slots.
>>
>>50668855
No, they dropped the Power armour price from 10 to 5 and the Carapace Armor from 0 to 2.

Basically moved points around like some college student pretending he did not copy paste his entire essay.
>>
Slaaneshi daemonkin codex when?
>>
>>50668934
Special Rules cont!
>Harnessed Unreality: If a Warp Shard is ever destroyed, roll a D6. On a roll of 3+, the sorcerous power within the shard shatters into reality, with dire consequences for any in its path. Center a Large Blast Template over the remains of the Warp Shard. All units under this template suffer a S:D AP1 hit with the Vortex and Ignores Cover special rules.

The idea for this is a powerful but risky centerpiece building designed to amplify the power of your sorcerers or provide a buff to an area that needs to be well-defended (which is appropriate, given it's a defensive terrain piece). However, if your enemy manages to blow it up, it can turn on you and end up ripping through your own lines with a massive Vortex template (or, if you're lucky, will move towards the assaulting foe and wreck whatever units have come to breach your defenses!). Chaos is fickle!

Tentatively priced at 100pts, but honestly I have no idea how well to price it.
>>
after checking the 3 Megas, none has Traitor Legions as PDF. Does anyone know where I can find it?
>>
>>50669080
It's in the one in op.
>>
>>50669020
There's a lot of differences with how it handles the FAQ's and they have their own codex rule changes built in. They also modify how D weapons work.
I am in favor of keeping invisibility from being complete bullshit though. And that's one rule to change for the game, not hundreds. We don't need hundreds. Let GW do that
>>
File: frequency.png (8KB, 998x705px) Image search: [Google]
frequency.png
8KB, 998x705px
Poor nids.

I hope nids get the love SoB didn't get in Imperial Agents.
>>
>>50669098
ITC will probably dump most of their FAQ now that GW has put one out.

What I really don't get is why people piss on ITC so much when the biggest changes are nerfs to invisbility and D, which is what everybody seems to spend all their time complaining about.
>>
File: HotTyranidBooty.jpg (223KB, 450x1008px) Image search: [Google]
HotTyranidBooty.jpg
223KB, 450x1008px
>>50669107
I also hope nids get love...in Imperial Agents.
>>
>>50669107
Dark eldar aren't even on the graph.
>>
Anything you would change or add? I think the list just needs the last 105 points and it'll be done.
>>
>>50669141
Dang it, forgot to post my list again like a retard.

1500 Fluffy Dark Angels V3

-Terminator Librarian, 90
+ML2, 25
+Foe Smiter, 15
Total, 125

-Terminator Company Master, 120
+Storm Shield, 5
+Mace of Redemption, 30
+Auspex, 5
Total, 160

Troops
-3x Tactical Squad, 70
+5 marines, 70
+Plasma Gun, 15
+Multi Melta, 10
Total, 180 (540)

Dedicated Transports
-3xRhinos, 105

Elites
-Venerable Dreadnought, 125
+Extra Armor, 10
+Heavy Flamer, 10
Total, 135

Dedicated Transport
-Drop Pod, 35
+Locator Beacon, 10
+Deathwind Launcher, 15
Total, 60

-Deathwing Command Squad, 200
+Champion, 5
+Apothecary, 5
+Plasma Cannon, 15
+Deathwing Company Standard, 20
+2 Chainfists, 10
+Perfidious Relic of the Unforgiven, 15
Total, 270

Complete Total, 1,395
>>
>>50669080
I saw anons can't convert with calibre. It freezes or something
>>
File: Doomrider.jpg (595KB, 2036x1200px)
Doomrider.jpg
595KB, 2036x1200px
Think I finalized my Doomrider rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKoR-3oaWlQ

Post your own homebrew rules, I like to see what people come up with.
>>
>>50668686
Kill me.
>>
>>50669091
Yes, but as an epub. I got that one. But I rather use PDFs.

>>50669159
Yep, tried with AVS document converter, crashed. Online sites can't take on such chaotic endeavor as well...
>>
File: nightlord.png (1MB, 721x1006px) Image search: [Google]
nightlord.png
1MB, 721x1006px
>>50669080
>>50669091
cot dam I like this art
>>
>>50669128
>the biggest changes are nerfs to invisbility and D, which is what everybody seems to spend all their time complaining about.
If that was all it did, then no big deal
Instead it's 26 pages of houserules. We don't need that shit.
>>
>>50669190
Perhaps their is some GW copyright daemon trapped within.
>>
>>50669154
Anyone have an opinion on the Deathwind Launcher versus the Stormbolter? I'm planning on buying pods myself and they seem like a nice option for short ranged/meltacide units, since the higher strength large blast seems like it would work well either against blobs or just things that would already resist the stormbolter.

Anyways anon, I'd just buy more upgrades for your Rhinos and/or squads.
>>
>>50669244
*there

fuck
>>
>>50669025
>t. never played Inquisition

You're too god damn lazy to check the current armor costs?

4 for Carapace, 8 for Power Armor.
>>
>>50669192
Those jowls though.
>>
>>50669197

GW asked ITC to help them finalize the final draft of their FAQ so lol at you for thinking they aren't a major force

They have tons of stupid changes because a) GW rules need a lot of work and b) their faggy player base asks for all those changes and votes on them. And don't pretend like GW doesn't also publish dozens of pages of FAQs just to fix their own shit

Inb4 demanding source that ITC wrote part of the official FAQ YET AGAIN, because you shitters always seem to be uninformed and behind
>>
>>50668920
They removed psykers. I'm not kidding.
>>
>>50669192

Did he steal a Blood Raven sword?
>>
>>50669303
yeah mk5 armour was some tough times
>>
Are there any breakpoint like numbers? Like, your army should be able to shoot a lot of STR 5 weapons, or have toughness 5, in order to expect success?

If so, what is the reasoning behind the numbers chosen?
>>
>>50669354
it might be Talos, who jacked a blood angel sword and carried a combibolter
>>
>>50669340
It's like most anons on /tg/ don't follow GW scene at all.

If you're not reading frontlines, podcasts or hand-picked 40kblogs at least two-three times a week you're already out of the loop.
>>
Hey anons, what vehicle upgrades does the Rhino sprue come with?
>>
File: image.jpg (300KB, 2040x1264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
300KB, 2040x1264px
>>50669270
>>50669025

Caparece armour is cost 0 and power armour is 8

Both of you are wrong.
>>
>>50669379

S6 for actual firepower so you wound t
T4 on 2+, S8 for high firepower so you can penetrate AV 13 and hurt AV 14, AP 3 to kill marines AP 2 to hurt tanks and 2+ armor 36" range to be further than 24" guns plus 6" move, 48" or more to be long range
>>
>>50669383

Ah yes. Talos would make sense, or at least the guy who has inherited his stolen sword. It's definitely the same sword, though.
>>
>>50669426
No you fucking idiots, I'm talking about Acolytes.

Right now it costs 4 for carapace FOR AN ACOLYTE, 8 for power armor FOR AN ACOLYTE.

The inquisitor has his own datasheet with all his own upgrades and costs. The Acolytes draw from the main "armory," and presumably continue to do so.
>>
File: Space Marines - 1850pts.jpg (164KB, 900x950px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marines - 1850pts.jpg
164KB, 900x950px
I took some advice from one of the previous threads, how did I do?
>>
>>50669431
Thanks!
>>
>>50669426
I think they were talking about acolyte armor costs.
>>
>>50669433
It's totally talos. Has aquilla on chest plate. bangle sword. Just missing the rune on his forhead of the helmet.
>>
File: 1481566677349.gif (1MB, 480x279px)
1481566677349.gif
1MB, 480x279px
>Orks are a shooting army
>BS2
>>
>>50669379
T6 makes you immune to instant death simply from from high strength. WS7 and 9 push WS 3 and 4 enemies respectively to a 5+ roll to hit. That's mostly it.
>>
>>50669446
>He's using a CAD

Just roll in with a battle company cub.

Unless you're using Thunderfire cannons, the scout HQ, mass centurions in drop pod (note; Mass), or going double CAD. There's no reason to go CAD.
>Without abusing Scouts

>Without abusing Thunderfire cannons

>whatsthepoint.bmp
>>
>>50669457

Guess he snagged a different helmet, but yea, you're right. It's definitely Talos.

>Talos rules when?
>>
>>50669492
okay, so more scouts?
>>
>>50669201

DELETE THIS
>>
>>50669479
>orks not melee cuz i2
>orks not dakka cuz bs2

Orks confirmed for psyker army.
>>
>>50669443
Ok. I thought someone was just trying to shit post.

>>50669351
Scan or didn't happen.

Side note, how the fuck do they get leaks so blurry everyone has smartphone now. That have a decent enough camera in order to take not blurry pictures.

For fuck sake students manage to take picture of their exam, send to someone else and get the answer. Is not that fucking hard to take decent picture of text.
>>
>>50669492

Add bikes too
>>
>>50669379
S6 is the "optimal" attack.

36 range is the optimal range.

You need at least 4 shots

You need at least 4 toughness.

You need to able to do moves outside of the movement phase.

You need to be able to jink.

You need to have 3+ armor.

You need to be able to turboboost at least 36" ontop of 12" movement.
(or teleport at least once a turn)
>>
>>50669446

That army would have been fine in 5E or early 6E casual.
>>
>>50669543
I don't like bikes, they look weird. Hence the Landspeeders.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
>>50669450
Everyone got confuse, problem solve it was acolytes move along.
>>
>>50669520
Add more scouts AND thunderfire cannons

or get a battle company. There's no reason not to, hell it's even cheap as fuck.

You can use the OP as fuck scout formation as an aux.
>>
>>50669557
>TLDR Eldar jet bikes or gtfo
>>
>>50669491
Thanks!
>>
>>50669582
Okay, I'll cut the Vindicators for Thundefire Cannons and get more scouts.
>>
>>50669606
If you get Thunderfire cannons you now got a legitimate reason not to run the cookiecutter decurion/formations that everyone else is running.

Congratulations you got a semi competitive army that isn't Gladius Strike Force.
>>
>>50669617
awesome, thanks. I just really wanted to keep Lysander.
>>
>>50669479
at least a unit of 30 boyz is really point efficient against fliers
>>
>>50669201
MODS!!!
>>
>>50669386

/tg/ is pretty notoriously anti any form of competitive play. It's a terrible place for any kind of actual rules/game discussion for the most part.

Just admitting you like/participate in ITC events is enough to derail a third of a post in shit posts about how ITC is.
>>
File: 1481182227246.jpg (49KB, 500x500px)
1481182227246.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>>50669528
>Psyker army
>ML2
>>
>>50669734
So Orkz are good then, since they are non competitive
>>
Are Iron Warriors any decent after traitor legions?
>>
>>50669776
Yes, we love Orks!
It's a shame so few people play them.
>>
>>50669154
Anyone else have any advice?

>>50669247
Deathwind Launcher seems better to me since I'm going to be podding in my Multi-Melta/HFlamer Ven Dread, so a large S5 Blast means that it has a small chance to glance/pen AV11/AV10, or just force saves on anything else while the Dread uses his own S5 HFlamer to do the same, and his MM to lay on the hurt.
>>
>>50669794

They're hanging around with Word Bearers and Night Lords as the bottom of the barrel that aren't quite as fucked as Magnus is.
>>
>>50669734
I like/participate in ITC events unironically
>>
Better?
>>
>>50669794
They're pretty decent, they got some good solid buffs but nothing like the rules other legions got.
global 6+ FnP
Tank hunter
Oblit troops
>>
>>50669776

/tg/ likes to bitch about Orks a lot.

>>50669794

They're better than >>50669816 thinks. They're not as good as say DG but they've got some interesting toys.

>>50669824

Me too - ITC has been a god send in my region for driving participation in events way up.
>>
/tg/ why do we all complain about WAAC fags when a majority of the people in this general are WAAC as fuck?

Also has anyone seen any of these minmaxing or spam lists in actual 40k games?
I admit I've seen some Riptide/Stormsurge spam from Tau players at my store but nothing else too bad in my meta. He keeps all of his shit unpainted too which infuriates me but I've managed to beat him with my Guard consistently.
>>
>>50669063
I think it's cool, anon. Have any ideas about a model?
>>
>>50669340
Oh hey it's ITC shill again.

>GW asked ITC to help them finalize the final draft of their FAQ
>demanding source
Proofs required, las vagas event could be anyone.

>their faggy player base asks for all those changes and votes on them.
Wew lad, don't be so hard on yourself

>>50669734
>/tg/ is pretty notoriously anti any form of competitive play.

Because /tg/ is one person

>It's a terrible place for any kind of actual rules/game discussion for the most part.
The BOLS comments section gets that award son

>Just admitting you like/participate in ITC events is enough to derail a third of a post in shit posts about how ITC is.

No, it really isn't. Some people don't want a small group to force changes on the game, they don't want all these extra rules to check if we are using or we aren't. They just want to play and not worry about which version of the current ruleset is being used.

And lets not forget, 40k is in no way meant for competitive play in it's current state. That was true towards the end of 6th, and is even more so right now. It doesn't have the balance for that to be anything more than a glorified army showcase event. Where most of the players paid others to paint their shit anyway, and those same faggots are just running whatever is the most broken at the time.

So in short/TLDR, the ITC isn't helping the playerbase. It's just providing a platform for the WAAC faggots that we don't need infesting this hobby.

A few minor rule changes are fine. But as it stands if everything you say is true, GW is profiting from their hard work and giving nothing in return. Tools.
>>
>>50669844
Oblit troops are cool but not being able to take MoN hurts them.
>>
>>50669794
I'd put them middle of the pack of the Traitor Legions. Not as good as the non-TS cults, and probably not as good as AL. But better than BL, WB, NL, and TS (non-Magnus).
>>
>>50669948
Taking two oblits as tax is better than marines.
>>
>>50669911
>Also has anyone seen any of these minmaxing or spam lists in actual 40k games?
Sure have, ever been to an ITC event? Or any 40k tourney for that matter? It's a rare event that has made the right modifications to keep the WAAC faggots out. Even rarer is it when those modifications are less than a page in length.
>>
>>50669964
Several of the other legions make CSM legit good.
>>
>>50669247
>>50669808

Deathwind are a waste of points. But if you literally have nothing better to spend the points on sure why not.
>>
>>50669943

A) Point made regarding the attitude /tg/ has towards organized competitive play.

B) Proofs required, las vagas event could be anyone.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2016/11/22/warhammer-40000-rulebook-final-faq/

>We’d also like to thank the team at the Las Vegas Open tournament, who helped with some of the detail on this final draft.

It isn't Las Vegas folks it is the team that runs the LVO which is Front Line Gaming - the people who host/originate ITC.
>>
>>50669970

I go to probably 2 ITC events a month and see at best one or two netlists per event - out of usually 20 or more participants.
>>
Do primaris powers count against powers known?
>>
>>50669911

Yes, fuck off with this bullshit "nobody ever plays like this IRL" strawman. There's a reason the ITC with their "ban/limit everything" mentality is the most played worldwide. Just yesterday someone said a brand new Tau player who didn't know the rules bought 3 Riptides because the models were cool. Knights were the most common and popular army and model from 2014-2015.
>>
>>50670012
If you swap for them, yes. If you get them from Psychic Focus, no.
>>
>>50669990
As why I said they're not the best.
>>
>>50669911
>I admit I've seen some Riptide/Stormsurge spam from Tau players at my store
>has anyone actually SEEN this even though I've seen it too

What the fuck dude? You do realize if the fact that everyone knows even just one of these types of people that's a shit ton right? You don't even have one minority in every store but you have one WAAC guy.
>>
>>50669943
>. They just want to play and not worry about which version of the current ruleset is being used.

Too bad you can't even do this with official GW shit.

Are you using Skies of Death? Oh are you sure that 6E supplement works with 7E codex? Oh what version of FAQ are you using? Oh I don't think that's the newest version of that IA unit
>>
>>50670012

Depends.

When you roll powers, you have a choice you swap the power you rolled for the Primaris. (This Counts)

If you roll all your powers from the same table and don't have any other powers aside from Force, you will get the Primaris for free as a Psychic Focus (This does not count)

If you get the Primaris from a Chaos Mark (Daemon of X, Mark of X) This will be free (This will not count)
>>
>>50669999
I'm sorry Tzeentch, what would you have me take with the 120 points left over if I removed it?

I'm thinking maybe a naked Black Knight squadron, but I don't know, since they'd probably invalidate my drop pod's locator beacon then.

And it'd cost more money, but still.

Would they be worth it?
>>
>>50669943
>But as it stands if everything you say is true, GW is profiting from their hard work and giving nothing in return. Tools.
>two guys who love the game become the largest and most well known organization and holds events not for profit but to allow fans of the game to play the game the way they enjoy
>tools

Pretty sure you're the only tool here, Mr. "Demands proof for shit after the inb4 then denies the easily verifiable and obvious proof".
>>
File: PROOFS.webm (313KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
PROOFS.webm
313KB, 320x240px
>>50670001
>Las Vegas Open
= ITC?
PROOFS

>>50670008
Good on you
>Would like proofs
>>
>>50670092

What more proof can I give you than the fact that LVO is hosted by Front Line Gaming and is an ITC event and the ITC Championship at that?

Like what do you want as proof that the people who run LVO are the same people who run the ITC?
>>
>>50670088
>wasting 120 points on Deathwind Launchers

Are you fucking serious dude? Take two Rapiers or 10 scouts or something. Or a TFC.
>>
>>50670091
>Pretty sure you're the only tool here
Need proof for that son
Otherwise your failed attempt to redirect the conversation failed twice.
And we got proof right here.
>>
>>50670108
What? No, you've misunderstood me, anon. I have 120 points if I remove the single deathwind launcher, or 105 points if I keep it.

I just wanted to know what you'd recommend taking with either the left over 105/120 points?
>>
>>50669943

>No, it really isn't. Some people don't want a small group to force changes on the game, they don't want all these extra rules to check if we are using or we aren't. They just want to play and not worry about which version of the current ruleset is being used.

No one is forcing you to play with the ITC rules so your argument is invalid.
>>
File: reaper autocannon.jpg (135KB, 878x390px)
reaper autocannon.jpg
135KB, 878x390px
How do we fix this bad boy on terminators?

My vote: just make it 10 points. I can't imagine this fucking thing will be 25 in the next codex, in fact I'm somewhat inclined to believe the "2" was a typo they didn't catch with an FAQ.

>autocannons are often 10 points
>GW likes to slap 5 points on wargear for twin-linked
>therefore 15 points would be more in line for this gun's cost
>BUT it also has worse range than a regular autocannon

10 points is fine. 10 points is the cost of the heavy flamer on the same unit, and this is about as useful as a heavy flamer. Maybe less so. The other units that can take it (Helbrute and Defiler) sorta have some dumb shit going on too. For the brute it's 5 but meh, should just be a free swap from the multi-melta. The Defiler is just a clusterfuck all around.
>>
>>50670107
>What more proof can I give you
Literally that, except as something that is more than just a 4chan post. Links to proofs. That's how proof works.

>>50670128
>No one is forcing you to play with the ITC rules
Oh?
>Hear about local tourney
>As does the several dozen other guys who play in the area
>Look into it
>Basic highlander rules using 7th ed and GW FAQs
>Everyones hyped
>Suddenly ITC houserules are applied
>Only 4 people show up for tourney

You're right. No ones forcing me to play with them, they are just forcing players away.
If I wanted to play in said tourney, I would be forced to use said houserules, so you're also wrong.
>>
>>50670152
the autocannon is fine.

t. a guy that field meganobz
>>
>>50670022
>>50670054
I'm just wondering how common it is for you lads. Because for the most part at my store it's pretty laid back and we try to do campaigns.
>>
>>50670125

I'd rather take a melta/plasma gun or 3 melta bombs elsewhere for the 15 points. Like I said if you literally have nothing else to take cause all your slots are filled then take it.

I just looked at your list for the first time and if you want to shave more points so you have more than 120 to buy more stuff, you can drop Auspex and Ven Dread extra armor for 15 more points.
>>
File: LVO-frontline.png (52KB, 2419x761px)
LVO-frontline.png
52KB, 2419x761px
>>50670092
Proof of what? That the LVO is the Frontline Gaming guys i.e. ITC? See pic. All the contact info is Frontline Gaming. It's their show.
>>
>>50670172

I'm not going to waste my time feeding you because you could literally google las vegas open without any quotes or search modifiers and it would lead you to FLG which also has the ITC rankings and an ITC category header on its site.

This is basic ass shit that doesn't need any kind of proof or citation because it's so fucking obvious and easily verifiable. If we used your retarded category of what required proof, every single noun in a paper would have a citation.
>>
>>50670172
>Literally that, except as something that is more than just a 4chan post.
You can demand that people link you things that you could Google yourself in about 10 seconds, but overall it's just jackass behavior.
>>
>>50669942
Thanks!

Honestly, a jagged, black pillar of foamcore with symbols carved onto it/raised on it seems like a decent option at the moment, but I'm also considering using the Vortex thing from AoS and adding some pipes/40K bits to it.
>>
>>50670152
Isnt it 4 shots?
>>
>>50670172

https://www.frontlinegaming.org/

If you go there - you'll see along the top bar a few things - the first being a link to the L.V.O - the event they run, the fourth being ITC which they host.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eTro0nAyOgn6uSrnhAqBy6J_u-4l3q1RNX7fuXPO7YE/edit

Here's the actual document from the L.V.O website where it says it is an ITC event.

Is this enough proof?
>>
>>50670217
No, two twinlinked.

It's not BAD, but it's definitely a little underwhelming, especially when you can only take 1 per 5.
>>
How does this list sound for a Starter Iron Warriors army?

x40 tacticals marines
x1 Heldrake
x1 Maulerfiend
x3 Rhinos
x1 Land Raider
x5 Terminators
x1 Sorcerer in Termie armour
x6 CSM Bikes

What should I take away and what should I add?
>>
>>50670172

>Hear about local tourney
>As does the several dozen other guys who play in the area
>Look into it
>Basic highlander rules using 7th ed and GW FAQs
>Everyones hyped
>Suddenly ITC houserules are applied
>Only 4 people show up for tourney

Provide proof.
>>
I don't even know why you bothered to give him proof. It doesn't change the facts.

Fact: ITC is now the world's largest 40K tournament circuit.
Fact: GW themselves asked ITC for help on their FAQ.
Fact: The "official" GW FAQ now has ITC's participation in it.

These are facts. They don't change regardless of what people think or how often they demand proof.

He is wrong, period. That is a fact. So it doesn't matter whether he disagrees or thinks he's right or demands proof. It changes nothing.
>>
>>50670152
Dump TL, make Heavy 4. Like a storm bolter, two autocannons firing in sequence to give a high rate of fire.
>>
>>50670247
Samefagging phonepost hard.
>>
>>50668788
The amount of energy you apparently invest in hating SoB players is truly sad. You people are worse than their fans at this point.
>>
>>50668594
>>50668662
Got any more of the Sisters stuff?
>>
File: RadMech - 1000pts.jpg (122KB, 900x496px) Image search: [Google]
RadMech - 1000pts.jpg
122KB, 900x496px
How's this for a casual 1,000 point AdMech army? These are all the models I have, maybe a little overkitted so I could get it to the point limit.
>>
>>50670280

Proof please.
>>
>>50670231
>it's not BAD

motherfucker it's 25 points for a TL autocannon at worse range. for 25 points you can give five terminators combi-plasmas. shit's retarded.
>>
>>50670287
its will do okay in a casual game, looks fun. next thing you should buy is probably more bodies tho.
>>
>>50670284
>You people are worse than their fans at this point.

This argument has never worked, by the sheer virtue of the fact that the issue wouldn't even exist without the original offending party. Since the people you are complaining about are a direct result of the people THOSE people are complaining about, everything is the SoBfags' own fault, including the non-SoBfags you're complaining about.
>>
>>50670324
That's my main concern, I'll probably get another start collecting!!! Skitarii box for more vanguards and another sweet sweet Jimmy Neutron Crabtank
>>
>>50670286
Celestine removed warband different units no other changes last time i post this also go to BOLS they have a video with a little info
>>
>>50670353
I was hoping for more photos, already heard about Celestine. Checking up on both BOLS and Dakka (as well as here!) for more info.
>>
>>50670305
Yeah im still waiting for the proof that you dont phonepost.
>>
>>50670331
this "SoB/chaos players are shit and also whiners who play a bad faction" ordeal is a really cringeworthy meme. it's like on reddit when every single top comment is a pun, or when somebody makes a totally obvious joke with bajillions of upvotes. it's not funny. it's some kind of social signalling shit people do to fit in, or just spam because their brains run on autopilot. people bitching about CSM/SoB don't do it because they're actually autistic enough to hate the lore and models of man dolls, they do it because they are the wargaming equivalent of some 20 year old faggot who has never touched a barbell in his life and considers himself part of the undertale fandom
>>
>>50670386
burden of proof goes to the first claimant
>>
>>50670389
sisters/chaos players whine about their armies and everyone else whines about them

it's the cycle of life
>>
File: Corsair Jet Packs WIP.jpg (222KB, 608x900px) Image search: [Google]
Corsair Jet Packs WIP.jpg
222KB, 608x900px
So I just mocked up these 2 dudes as a proof of concept for some alternate Corsair Jet Packs - what are your thoughts?
>>
>>50670385
Ive been looking everywhere only BOLS gave us anything past what factions are in it
>>
Do we have the datasheet of the Enginseer yet?
>>
>>50670190
>>50670202
>>We’d also like to thank the team at the Las Vegas Open tournament
They didn't single out the ITC guys, so honestly it could be a few of them involved, and we have no idea how useful they were.
Maybe they play tested, maybe they edited the draft of the rules, or maybe they

>helped with some of the detail on this final draft.
Which doesn't mean a damn thing. They could have helped formatted it for all we know.

>>50670222
So LVO and ITC aren't the same thing, just connected?
>>
>>50670399
okay install teamviewer so i can have complete control over your PC and your phone and i could possibly give you proof...

faggot.
>>
>>50670331
I see more posts on /tg/ complaining about SoB faggots than I ever have from this supposed cancerous fanbase. If it's as small as the original poster seems to think, why are they such a problem?
>>
>>50670429

LVO is the ITC championship.
>>
>>50670455
I have probably read less than 20 posts by actual self-proclaimed SoB players in my damn near decade on /tg/ (or on 4chan rather, dunno when I started browsing /tg/ but at least 2010) so complaining about them is the epitome of forced meme.
>>
>>50670417
What's the backpack from? Looks like a Necron back, but can't make out what model.

I've been looking for a good warp spider jump pack alternative.
>>
>>50670417
>Glorious Necrontyr tech on filthy Eldar bodies.

No. Fuck you.
>>
>>50670417
Pretty cool anon. Actually looks integral to the model, which I assume is what you're aiming for
>>
How do I tell what kind of save a unit has from its stats?
>>
>>50670455

That's because you're a newfag and need to lurk more.
>>
>>50670495
>spot the listmaking software user
>>
>>50670449
Done, send me proof.
>>
>>50670429
>bending over backwards this hard in denial and damage control
>when he doesn't even know what LVO, ITC, or FLG is

Maybe you should just not post at all.
>>
>>50670518
I'm reading the rulebook right now, but you're right, the stat blocks I've seen in lists don't indicate invuln or armor.
>>
>>50670417

Looks too much like Warp Spiders. I wouldn't say anything but I wouldn't be happy playing against that. Stick two vertical wings at the top from something like a Dark Angels kit or plasticard and I'd consider it good.

Right now you don't have the most important thing down: the silhouette. It's like having a non-spiky, loyalist looking Space Marine with no obvious Chaos signs and saying it counts as Chaos.
>>
>>50670483
Looks like a triarch Praetrorion
>>
>>50670429
You're doing a lot of reaching to try and discredit people who have done nothing but help the 40k community grow and improve in recent years.
>>
>>50670510
I've been here longer than you have, kid.
You know you're supposed to be 18+ to post here, right?
>>
does the imperial agents codex overrule the old deathwatch codex? just wondering if i'll need to update
>>
>>50670537
The last stat is the armour save.

Invulns are granted by special rules or wargear and will say so in the rule or gear entry.
>>
>>50670548
Why would you pretend to be me? I wasn't going to dignify that with a response
>>
>>50670554
Nope
>>
>>50670554
No
>>
>>50670537
Just look at their wargear, then if it's "basic" wargear that many factions share, check the index of the main rulebook which will tell you the rules page for it. If it's faction-specific, then check somewhere in the back of the codex, i.e. fleshmetal is listed in the back of the CSM codex as a 2+ save. And stat blocks in the dex usually but not always have the save at the very end.
>>
>>50670545
>who have done nothing but help the 40k community grow and improve in recent years.
Who?
We're talking about ITC here.
>>
>>50670483

Yeah its the Praetorian backpack mounted upside down without the cage.

>>50670488

Mix bleach and ammonia in the microwave metal man.

>>50670490

Yeah, this is a first draft so to speak, working on the concept.

>>50670539

Yeah the weapon also makes them more warp spidery - ultimately I think I'm going to mock some plasticard wings up for them. I just need to find a suitable place to mount them - they might fit fairly well in the slot at the bottom of the pack.
>>
File: Warp_Spider.jpg (69KB, 880x473px) Image search: [Google]
Warp_Spider.jpg
69KB, 880x473px
>>50670417
>>
>>50670565
Cool, thanks.

Is there any point to pistols having a special rule that turns them into default close combat weapons?
>>
>>50670187
All my tac squads have the max number of Special/Heavy weapons on them currently, I could slash 15 points and just grab the Black Knights, or I could add on some other upgrades all around my army, I suppose. Could shave some points and slog a regular upgraded Dread, too.
>>
>>50670429
how fucking dense are you

the LVO is run by the people at FLG. they also came up with and run the ITC. the final (and by far largest) ITC event of the year is at the LVO, and it's the main attraction. there are quite a few other events at the LVO now, but the main event always has been and continues to be the ITC final tournament

they're the same people. Reece and Frankie even talked about how they've had meetings with GW and were under NDA about some of the specifics on their podcast.
>>
>>50668542
Only way is to make it yourself outta foam
>>
>>50670583

The problem is I really hate the corsair wings. They don't fit the Eldar Aesthetic (to my mind). Eldar are either very smooth, round, and curved surfaces or diamond sharp edges where the corsair wings look a lot like the ends of plastic butter knives.
>>
>>50670582

If you can be assed to stencil out and sand it down right, the curve of the ridges or shoulder plate would easily accept a plasticard wing.
>>
File: excellent.jpg (7KB, 194x259px)
excellent.jpg
7KB, 194x259px
>>50670576
>>50670579
thanks
>>
>>50670572
To make you look bad and try to divide that thread in to a shitpost war.
>skuh-tarr-ee
>>
>>50670603

Go for "closed" wings in a round beetle shell to compliment your carapace IMO. Or just paint some OSL on the orbs and say they're jet thrusters.
>>
>>50670612

That's definitely not a bad idea - my concern is having to do it 20 times over.

>>50670623

That's not a bad idea at all but now I need to find a decent rounded wing.
>>
>>50670620
>>skuh-tarr-ee

THAT'S THE WAY DUNCAN PRONOUNCES IT YOU FAGGOT I'LL KILL YOU REEEE
>>
Working on a Death Guard list with the new Traitor Legion book.

Death Guard:
VotLW gives Fearless, FNP, -1 Init, Relentless.

Death Guard Vectorium:
Reroll FNP of 1, Units have Shroud if 18+" from shooter.

Chaos Warband:
Boons can be rolled for twice, take either or both; everything has Objective Secured.

120 pts: Chaos Lord, VotLW, MoNurgle, Termy.

113 pts: Chaos Terminators (3), VotLW, MoNurgle, Power Axes (Scythes).

235 pts: Chaos Space Marines (10), VotLW, MoNurgle, Plasma Gun x2, Rhino.

235 pts: Chaos Space Marines (10), VotLW, MoNurgle, Plasma Gun x2, Rhino.

108 pts: Chaos Bikers (3), VotLW, MoNurgle, Melta x2.

130 pts: Havocs (5), VotLW, MoNurgle, Autocannon x4.

130 pts: Havocs (5), VotLW, MoNurgle, Autocannon x4.

The Lost and the Damned:
Destroyed units of Cultists re-enter On-Going Reserves on 4+, gain Outflank on Respawn; 6" aura of Zealot.

140 pts: Dark Apostle, VotLW, MoNurgle, Poxwalker Hive.

76 pts: Chaos Cultists (11), MoNurgle.

70 pts: Chaos Cultists (10), MoNurgle.

Would this be viable for a 1500 point game?
>>
>>50670585
You get a bonus attack for two close combat weapons.
So a guy with a power sword would get an extra close combat attack with his ap3 sword if he had a pistol.
>>
>>50668542

I like the FLG terrain. It isn't horribly expensive and looks acceptable.
>>
>>50670585

It's to make them superior choices to plain melee weapons that can't shoot.
>>
>>50670648
Oh, that makes sense.
>>
>>50670581
ITC basically revitalized the dying tournament scene in the states and gave life back to a dying hobby. They listen to the community and do their best to curb the most cancerous and broken parts of GWs ruleset. Literally the only reason I see for people to hate on them is either autism over houserules or muh contrarianism "it's popular s-so it must be bad, normies out reee amirite!" faggotry.
>>
>>50670637
But will you also kill Duncan?
>>
>>50670417
I also thought they were warp spiders. But since almost no one runs corsairs who would even know what to look for?

I use to run stealth suits as kroot with palm trees in one hand and burst cannons in the other. Their jetpak was the palm tree merry poppins style.

Don't take the game too seriously.
>>
>>50670664
pls no kill dunkerino
>>
>>50670662

Or they're just plain old retarded/terrible at the game.
>>
>>50668542
Pet stores will sell rocks, caves, giant logs, ruins, and all sorts of fake plants for (comparatively) dirt cheap, all of which can be modified slightly to fit the 40K aesthetic.
>>
>>50670675
>Their jetpak was the palm tree merry poppins style.

10/10 would play
>>
>>50670620
>mfw the true pronunciation according to the rules of Latin is, "ski-tah-ree-ee"

I get mildly triggered when people pronounce Latin words incorrectly, and I hate that I do. Playing 40K is suffering because of this.
>>
What do you guys think of a LatD detachment for Night Lords? They're basically a bunch of respawning terrorists that reroll charge distances and get a T1 shroud.
>>
>>50670640
Honestly, I'd consider dropping the Lost and the Damned auxiliary and just taking a spawn so you can take more troops in the core. Death Guard makes their core units actually good, and Nurgle Bikers are still a great unit especially when you add in the FNP reroll and Shrouded at range (2+ jink!).

I'd also probably put the Chaos Lord on a bike and stick him with one of the biker units instead of with Terminators.

Also, while autocannon Havocs are cool as fuck, I think you probably want some Lascannons just in case. Unless you add more bikers all you have for anti-tank is a pair of meltaguns. That's a pretty big gap.

Also also, you have no anti-air, not sure if you need it in your meta but it bears mentioning.
>>
>>50670726

"AY-VEE EM-PEE-RUH-TOR!"
>>
>>50668542
Honestly making terrain is easier than it looks. Styrofoam, pine bark chips, various brown paints and you've got yourself a desert wasteland table.
>>
>>50670675
krootercalifragilisticexpialidocious
>>
>>50670712
Wish I had a pic but it's years ago and that army is lost to the warp. I was literally too cheap to buy more stealth suits.
>>
>>50670748
>>50670640
Also also also I didn't actually look at what you took in your Lost and the Damned so I didn't realize you were doing the whole Poxwalker Hive/Cultist thing. Honestly, it seems pretty gimmicky and it may or may not work, but at 1500 points it could be decent. It certainly warrants testing, so if you've got the models already I'd say go for it and see how it plays.
>>
File: CoaxedintoSnafu.jpg (65KB, 796x608px)
CoaxedintoSnafu.jpg
65KB, 796x608px
>>50670726
>Latin
>surely you mean High Gothic
>>
>>50670675
>>
>>50670726
Linguistics is my other hobby. Fantasy worlds give me convulsions sometimes
>>
File: 1467900001787.jpg (214KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
1467900001787.jpg
214KB, 1000x664px
>>50670680
duncan lives inside all of us.
>>
New player here. Charge rules seem like a needlessly complicated mess.
>>
>>50670726
But the person who name them that came from Nottingham, sure the correct pronunciation is the one the author uses?
Skuh-tar-ee
>>
>>50670752
Only thing worse is

>Em-Pear-uh-Tore.

Fuckhead at my store does this, and I physically cringe every time. I've told him more than once, "Hey man, that's not how you would actually pronounce that, it's actually 'Im-Per-Ah-Tor/Im-Pear-Ah-Tor,' Latin follows different rules, etc." and he's flat out said, "It's not Latin, it's Gothic, I can pronounce it any way I want."

While he's not wrong, it's aggravating as FUCK.
>>
>>50670821
>Someone who doesnt know the rules thinks they have any right to opine on them

This is why fantasy ended up like it dod
>>
>>50670821
>7th edition 40k rules seem like a needlessly complicated mess.
FTFY

Don't worry, we're getting a new edition with major sweeping streamlining changes in, at most, 6 months or so.
>>
anyone have a pic or has seen of the ad mech pages from the new imperial agents codex i need to know if they have the cult mech. faction or inquisition or something
>>
>>50670850
>"It's not Latin, it's Gothic, I can pronounce it any way I want."

"It's a big galaxy."
>>
>>50670821
Charge rules or assault rules in general? It's kind of what happens when you take a system made for fighting in ranks and apply it to fighting in a skirmish. It's not that complicated once you see it play out unless there's a lot of different units fighting in the same combat... in that case keeping track of pile ins, who is in range to swing at who, etc is actually very important and creates interesting decision making that most players ignore because they never bothered to learn how to do it properly.
>>
>>50670821
It's because who wrote them hated charges and put a ton of restrictions on them to ensure they rarely happen.

Welcome to the shooting edition of 40k.
>>
>>50670775
The list is heavily influenced by models I already have built, hence autocannons. Flying isn't that prevalent in the current meta here.
>>
>>50670821

Charges used to be 6" and that was that. GW wanted to make the game more "cinematic" and lol random suspense 2D6 will you make a bullshit charge from 18" away or will you fail a 3" charge?
>>
5th edition Black Templars player, just now returning to the hobby. Can my Templars even be viable now? Or reboot with a different chapter?
>>
>>50670821

Random charge range epitomizes the idea of boneheaded rule changes.

God willing 8th will toss out that, overwatch, and much of the other complicated nonsense.
>>
>>50670886
6+d6 should be what it is.
>>
>>50670848
>sure the correct pronunciation is the one the author uses?

It would be in this case, as it's intellectual property.

However, like a lot of GW stuff, it half-follows Roman Latin structure. In this case, if it were to be pronounce "correctly" as it is written in Latin (because the word follows all spelling laws of Latin) it would be "ee-ee," as Romans pronounced every syllable, and "ii" was a common suffix for masculine words (the tense completely escapes me, though).
>>
>>50670886
Random charge distance is good and adds to the game.
Suprise long bomb charges are exciting.
You will never remove all random elements from a game based around chance.
>>
>>50670877
I say go for it then, the Poxwalker Hive is a really interesting relic that may prove to be very good, and the DG core army of CSMs, bikes and Havocs is gonna be pretty solid straight up. I'm still personally a skeptic on Chaos Terminators even with T5 and Fearless just because Terminators in general just aren't very good in 7th edition, but if that's what you have modeled already it's hard to argue against.

If for whatever reason you end up playing against a 30k army I think it would actually be really, really good and probably make for a fun game - like a late-heresy battle either at or immediately after Terra. Terminators are actually relevant and interesting in 30k and since not many 30k armies (that people actually use) play with or around hordes it would add a very interesting dynamic to the battle.
>>
Also the weapon skill chart seems weird. Some 10,000 year old daemon with as many kills in visceral close combat, represented by weapon skill ten is only 16 percent more likely to hit an imperial commoner with a lead pipe and a musket, weapon skill 1, than an identical clone of that same commoner.

What.
>>
>>50669197
>If that was all it did, then no big deal
>Instead it's 26 pages of houserules. We don't need that shit.
No you fucking retard, it's 26 pages of FAQs covering extremely fringe cases of the game, just so players who get into a situation that has no clear answer in the official rulebook can look it up and go "oh okay, that's how that works".

You know, like the new official GW FAQ which will end up being even longer than that, and is being assisted by ITC.

The number of actual houserules in ITC is barely half a page.
>>
>>50670938
>3" away
>roll double 1
>can move static 6" in movement phase
Nah.
>>
>>50670922
Personally I like the idea of giving units their own movement stat so that designers had more room to tinker with unit balance, and you'd take their movement + D6 instead of just straight 6" (but the default movement for most units would still be 6"). That way you could have slightly slower 5" units, slightly faster 7" units, or any other range of things instead of "everything is either 6 inches or 12 inches, no exceptions."
>>
Yo, anybody got a blank "datasheet" that I can use as a template to make some homebrew terrain rules?

I'd like to have it look as "real" as possible if I can.
>>
>>50670901

They are viable as "not-Templars" and just ignore the fact that BT Chapter Tactics are useless.
>>
>>50670977
Thats something that used to be in the game but was taken out to simplify it.
>>
>>50670970
This. The worst is shen a redshirt tries to fond s fluff reason for that : yeah you know the ground is slippery so those TEQ couldnt ... mmmmm i mean the sergent had swallowed a bee and couldnt tell.. mm i mean : They didnt understand the order ! thats it!
>>
>>50670970
>implying a double one isn't an interesting twist that changes the course of the game
>getting mad like a sperg when the dice don't go your way
:^)
>>
>>50670945
>'m still personally a skeptic on Chaos Terminators even with T5 and Fearless just because Terminators in general just aren't very good in 7th edition

T5, Fearless, and FnP. That makes them a few degrees more survivable than they would be normally against small arms fire and AP2 weapons.
>>
File: Imperial Fists - 1750pts.jpg (167KB, 900x968px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Fists - 1750pts.jpg
167KB, 900x968px
Ok, I need some help with this 1850 list, no idea what I can add to pad out the points.
>>
>>50671016
When a redshirt tries to find a fluff reason*
fuck phoneposting
>>
>>50671013
>>50670977

I played Dwarves in WHFB and 3" movement would suck dick in 40k. That's what the squats had right?
>>
>>50671025
Yeah, T5 and FnP (especially in combination allowing you to still get FnP against S8-9) go a long, looong way on a model with a 2+/5++.
>>
>>50671013
Doesn't surprise me since it was in 8th Ed WHFB and it's exactly the kind of thing a designer might look at to cut in order to simplify a ruleset. I still like it, though, and with how much stuff you need to know for any given unit knowing their speed doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

>>50671025
>>50671058
Fair enough, I forgot about the FNP (rerolling 1s!) and the interaction of T5 making FNP actually work against S8/9 shooting. I guess the other qualm with them is that they're just a few durable dudes with Combi-Bolters and Power Axes, and since I assume your Deep Striking them they have to sit there and eat shit for a turn before they get to try to do anything.

That said, you gotta take something in that Elites slot, and it's either going to be Termies or Chosen. Chosen are still pretty pricey but with Fearless, Relentless and FNP I think they're worth it for the firepower you can potentially get out of it. Comes down to preference I guess.
>>
>>50671044
i really dont think you are taking advantage of the bolter drill.

i would get rid of a speeder and add a tactical squad.
>>
>>50670417

Cool, plastic Warp Spiders.
>>
>>50671044
Ditch the tac squad melta bombs (why do you even have them, you have a power fist). Guess how many points 5 devastators with 4 heavy bolters is?
>>
>>50670662

Get a fucking grip. No one gives a fuck about tournaments in Warhammer.

All they did was satiate their own autism.
>>
There is a dark eldar and eldar jetbike rule. But the text of the rule only mentions eldar. Does it apply to dark eldar?
>>
>>50670582
>>50670541
Looks more like Deathmark backpack.
>>
>>50671243
yep
if anyone argues against it break their nose
>>
>>50671214
>No one gives a fuck about tournaments in Warhammer.
The thousands of attendees at these events would suggest otherwise.

Even GW is catching on after the extreme success of the ITC events in terms of generating revenue and are hosting their own AoS tournaments and livestreaming them. It's only a matter of time until 40k 8th edition is released and they start doing the same there as well.
>>
Any suggestions for a model or vehicle that will be used as part of a scenic base for a warhound, about to be stomped on? Preferably not massively expensive - I was thinking of getting one of those nifty goliath trucks but I dunno if Im willing to spend that much on a model im goiing to rip up.
>>
>>50671214
>Get a fucking grip. No one gives a fuck about tournaments in Warhammer.
You being outnumbered by people that do care about the ITC on a forum that typically dislikes competitive 40k speaks volumes to just how fucking wrong you are.
>>
>>50671281
who will you play against the most? use on of their cars.
>>
>>50671281
Probably wouldn't be too hard to find a used rhino for cheap on eBay, strip the paint and smash it up.
>>
>>50671281
>>50671301
this, half the armies in the game use rhinos, it's by far the most obvious choice
>>
>>50671281
You should be able to find a cheap DV Helbrute to stomp.
>>
>>50671258
You're right, although it's slightly converted from the original.
>>
>>50671270

It's not thousands though. It's the same grognards who go to them. You'd be being generous if you said hundreds.

GW doesn't give a fuck about tournaments either. They ran one for AoS and nobody turned up.

I'm sorry but this idea that the tournament scene is some kind of canary for the health of the game is just retarded.

Now take your fucking Bellend of Lost Virginity shilling away from here.
>>
>>50671296

I dont know, I don't really play that much sadly.

>>50671301
>>50671309
Sounds like a plan. Next question: what should the second warhound be doing, same as its brother or something else? I'm currently in the planning and "oh fuck thats a lot of resin" stage.

>>50671310
I don't really like that model too much unfortunately, though I was considering a standard dread.
>>
>>50671323
>ITC
>BoLS

It's almost as if every ITC hater is some kind of fucking moron who doesn't know shit.
>>
>>50670284
>being THIS mad at a pasta
I am still laughing, SoBcuck.
>>
>>50671323
LOL. Confirmed for not knowing what the fuck you're talking about.

That's fine though, you can hate tournaments all you want they really don't need your lone whining ass to continue to grow and be successful.
>>
>>50671281
Rhino, SM or CSM.

Either way, you get some free bits to use!
>>
>>50671345
if the other titan is also smashing a car it kinda ruins the effect.

have him smash some ruins with some bodies on it.
>>
>>50671323
>They ran one for AoS and nobody turned up.
Really? That's funny, cuz I remember watching the fucking tournament on the twitch stream, you dumb faggot.
>>
>>50671323
>GW doesn't give a fuck about tournaments either
Except that they do, because as has been noted multiple times in this thread they've had multiple talks with Frontline Gaming and are going to be present at the LVO.
>>
>>50671351
>>50671363

It's almost as if you think anyone gives a fuck. You're all part of the same network, trying to monetise the game and basically being a fucking parasite.

The only good thing GW ever did over the past 6 years was show you the door.
>>
>>50668788
Thank you anon, for turning my master-crafted shitpost into a relic.
>>
>>50671373

maybe they could be playing football.
But no really, I was thinking something like ruins with a crashed flyer in that hes standing on or something
>>
>>50671387
>he's literally paranoid that there are actual shills from ITC in here and not just people that follow the scene because it's fun
>>
>>50671387
>The only good thing GW ever did over the past 6 years was show you the door.
>GW is now inviting Frontline Gaming to assist with the FAQ and official playtests and will be attending LVO
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>50671422

> He's literally shilling for ITC and probably not even getting paid for it.

Don't you have some shit articles to post?
>>
>>50671442

> Doesn't understand GW shares power with no one.

They're there to learn and start their own.
>>
>>50671444
lol, on what, faggot?
>>
>>50671460

That moron still thinks BoLS is related to the ITC.
>>
>>50671460
The official Warhammer Community website, of course.
>>
why did it take me til now to realize inquisitors could take double powerfists. and the price went up ten points for them too. damnit.
>>
wanna play scions
what do
how do i kill ork mobs
wat do against wave serpents
how do i kill tau battlesuits
1000-ish points
should I MSU?
>>
>>50671470
to be fair FLG does have some pretty terrible writers/articles as well. I pretty much ignore anything that's not by Reese, Frankie, Pablo, Jason or abusepuppy.
>>
I'm gonna hazard a bet that this one ITC hater in the thread is the same exact fag who always starts shitposting with smug anime girl reaction pics when ITC is mentioned.
>>
File: 1472886777400.jpg (89KB, 900x507px) Image search: [Google]
1472886777400.jpg
89KB, 900x507px
>>50671480

> How do I kill Ork mobs.

Tell me when you find them.
>>
Why do people like AdMech? They are the lamest army in the game, every single model looks exactly the same.
>>
Get a new pasta faggot.

Christ, back in my day shitposters had creativity, they didn't endlessly post the same two obvious pieces of bait over and over.

No (you).
>>
>>50671476
But why dual PF when there are other specialist weapons you could be taking with the fist?
>>
>>50670092
>Las Vegas Open= ITC?
>PROOFS

Its proven, prove its not.
If youve ever literally listened to a single Frontline gaming podcast youd know LVO = ITC
>>
>>50671459
>GW isn't interested in tournaments
>GW is trying to steal tournaments away from ITC
Which is it, faglord?
>>
>>50671513
well, i know a guy in the store has a shitton of orks, but i don't know what he uses for actual gameplay, i think volleyguns and flamers should do well enough
to be honest i'm more concerned about the tau command suits and dire avengers in serpents
>>
>>50671480
>how do i kill ork mobs
Put some models on the table, any models will do, and roll dice at them.
>>
>>50671540
To be as unreasonably impractical as possible.
>>
>>50671517
that's like saying every guard or space marine looks exactly the same. god forbid an army have stylistic continuity

there's also just not that many units in the army even if you combine AdMech and Skitarii together

there's an impending IA book from Forgeworld that has a ton of the 30k Mechanicum stuff with new rules for 40k that has been in the works for... what, almost a year now? still no word on when it's actually releasing, but I would hope around the same time if not before the next HH book in early 2017. adding in the FW models would give a HUGE boost to 40k AdMech since they don't have transports (FW makes two), tanks (FW makes two), fliers (FW makes several), and only one MC (FW makes many). it might even more than double the army list if they have rules for all the models you can take in 30k.
>>
>>50671560
are they really that bad?
i briefly considered playing orkz but dropped them when i read the have BS2
>>
>dumping my old SoB and misc. Metal black templars for what I thought was a good deal
>60% retail
>dude messages me telling me how he's a collector and nitpicks all the autistic things he'll be doing to clean them
>tells me he'll pay 40% retail

FUCKING GAMESTOP

I mean I know SoB are getting in the preorder window but fucking nobody is going to sell SoB for 40% retail, right?
...right?
>>
>>50671564
Don't respond, it's a troll who posts that like twice per thread every thread day after day, apparently looking for one AdMech player who got really defensive about it.
>>
>>50671540

I just realized after having the inquisition stuff for years I could've been taking two daemonblades all this time for super special snowflake inquisitor.
>>
>>50671575
Oh. My bad. I haven't been in the generals a lot lately.
>>
>>50671571
Message him 45-55%.
>>
>>50671569
I'm exaggerating, they're not THAT bad, but they are a pretty weak army all in all. A couple flamers should do you just fine.
>>
>>50671554

He sounds like a decent bloke, I hope GW rewards him with a good codex in 8th.

Honestly, any army will struggle against Tau and Eldar. Scions have two major weaknesses though, they have very limited options and their troops are just too fragile for their cost.

These two weakness can't really be mitigated while keeping a pure Scion army. So you'll either have to take it on the chin or consider an IG veteran army.
>>
>>50670399
No actually every claim has its own burden of proof despite any other factors, even if its viewed as a negative or positive sum claim.

Youre using it wrong.
>>
>>50671571
How is the paint job?
>>
>>50671571
selling warhammer can be a pain because of all the autists you might have to talk to.

>I mean I know SoB are getting in the preorder window but fucking nobody is going to sell SoB for 40% retail, right?

5 years ago i sold a 1500pts SoB army for about 30% retail. with the current prices it would probably be like 20% retail hahahaha...

I really should end myself.
>>
>>50671582
It's better that way, this place has been especially shitpost heavy for the past week or so.
>>
>>50671596
Fuck no.
I thought 60% retail was being generous.
I'm in no hurry.
They'll sell at that price eventually.

I just had no idea that folk valued SoB so low nowadays.
>>
>>50671606
They're all unpainted except a few primed models. Fuck, even the Immolater isnt even primed.

>>50671608
Wow.
I guess I didn't have the gold mine I thought I did.
I thought sisters=cheddar
>>
>>50670455
Its not some people are just morons

>>50670510
Case in point
>>
>>50671612
>I'm in no hurry.
>They'll sell at that price eventually.
You better hope the rumoured plastics don't turn out to be real, then. Well, unless you're banking on a collector to take them off your hands.
>>
Rise, Sons of Dorn!
>>
>>50671631

Most people don't care enough about them because they've been so neglected.

Anyone who does care tends to boarder on the obsessive and knows GW will eventually make plastic ones and is probably content to wait.
>>
>>50671631
>They're all unpainted except a few primed models. Fuck, even the Immolater isnt even primed.
How's the construction? Of the kits that aren't literally Sister + backpack, I mean.

>I thought sisters=cheddar
They are because their retail price is so high. I don't sell often but when I do I get 50% easily, don't listen to these retards.
>>
>>50671636
Well the good news is I got them for free and it's not even a huge investment.

$390 worth of SoB and BT I'm selling for $240.
So if they're worth even less than $240 in the future, it's not like I would have lost a thousand dollars or anything.
>>
Why can't units charge after disembarking?
>>
>BS2 hits 33% of the time
>Orks in Space Marine hit me 80% of the time

Explain this
>>
>>50671575
>your army is shit and you have shit taste for liking them
Given the quality of these generals of late it's not hard to see why this keeps getting replies desu. That shit is guaranteed replies.

I actually wish we could just go back to talking about how many Termies and Land Raiders is fair to take versus a Tau TEQ army but the SoBfags and Chaosfags are here in force for some time yet.
>>
Death company terminators when?3
>>
>>50671608
>selling warhammer can be a pain because of all the autists you might have to talk to.

Buying sucks too, a lot of whales out there selling and shifting around their impulse flavor of the month army purchases.

Sometimes you get some amazing deals, but no matter what heaps of autism.
>>
>>50671678
>OMG! PEOPLE RESPOND WHEN YOU GLOAT THEM!
Trolls baiting response and force-memeing it, spamming this claiming this somehow makes them right.

I mean you might aswell slapp a nigger with a some chicken and get suprised he's hostile.
>>
>>50671612
>Believing you'll even get that high for SoB of all things
Anon, only hipsters play them, and hispters go for the lowest possible prices on anything. What you do is go a little lower, and if he refuses, go back to a little higher. Either way, you make money.
>>
>>50671645

Terminators need a delivery method. They'll get blown to smithereens when they deep-strike, if they even make it at all.

I would leave grav for bikes personally. I would also drop the power weapon from the Sargent and give them an anti-infantry special weapon such as a flamer. That and bolter drill with rip through enemy troops.

Devs seem like a waste. I know bolter drill helps them but heavy bolter really aren't that great. With IF, I take 3 lascannons and take advantage of the bonus to pen.

I'm just not a fan of Dreads. For anti-aircraft you need the FW one from Imperial Armour.

So, in conclusion I would drop the Cents and the Dread. Use the points to get a Land Raider and upgrade the Devs.

I will warn you though, Termies in a LR have been known to be a honeypot these days. There's a lot of points tied up in them but if you want Termies I think it's the only way to deliver them.

So, I would drop the Cents,
>>
>>50671480
Honestly, as you build up to a full 1850 list the limitations of a Scion army end up dictating what you bring. Command squad, six units in tanks with missile launchers, and a LoW Knight Crusader all as part of a CAD is pretty much the only way to run a "Scions" army that is actually mainly Scions and not an Imperial mish-mash of everything.

There was a batrep on FLG a few weeks ago with a pretty refined version of this list, let me see if I can find exactly what he ran. IIRC he even had the special weapons in proportions that make sense based on what you get in the boxes... ah found it, so yeah:

Command Squad w/ 4x Plasma (5 guys total), Taurox w/ Missiles
5x Scions w/ 1x Flamer, Taurox w/ Missiles
5x Scions w/ 2x Plasma, Taurox w/ Missiles
5x Scions w/ 2x Melta, Taurox w/ Missiles

Knight Crusader with Battle Canon and Stormspear (not sure if you can take it as a LoW, they have it listed as a Knight Detachment but I guess it wouldn't matter much either way).

Obviously that's a bit more than "1000-ish" points, but it should give you an idea of how the army ends up building itself simply because it has so few viable options. Cut the Knight and a unit or two of Melta dudes and you're down to "1000-ish" points. That said, it should be pretty obvious why it's not exactly a power list and you have to out-play (and out-roll) most opponents to win.

Probably the best part about building a Scion army is that their Start Collecting box is literally a base for their entire army, so you can start with a bunch of those.
>>
>>50671601
>>50671597

k thanks
>>
>>50671562
>to be as FIST as possible
>>
>>50671716
No, I mean /tg/ can sometimes actually stop being retarded and ignore trolls like that, like with Raptors Anon and the >I2 poster.

It's a shitshow recently though. We have AdMech hater, several Sisters memes, Ork fixer, the return of Raptors Anon and his awful Custodes...
>>
>>50671603
>saying "Youre using it wrong" to that guy instead of the guy going PROOFS PROOFS at shit that's first result in google that everyone else in the thread already knows is fact
>>
>>50671733

Forget that last sentence I lost track.

Also I mean a LR Crusader.
>>
>>50671736
>5x Scions w/ 2x Melta, Taurox w/ Missiles

How the fuck did you get this past the spam filter
>>
>>50671540
>>50671562

precisely.

Now with the FAQ out the part that says weapon special rules still apply when not in use makes two daemonblades crazy for a CC inquisitor. vampyre blade, AP2, +3 Atks, Eternal warrior, feel no pain. the only really bad result is 7 demon feud, and then if you roll it twice on the same daemonblade you can just pick the rule that grants eternal warrior.
>>
File: 1372149665487.jpg (125KB, 984x629px) Image search: [Google]
1372149665487.jpg
125KB, 984x629px
>>50671704
>mfw buying studio-painted shit for absolutely savage prices just because the meta has shifted and it isn't top tier anymore
I bought a fully painted and based War Convocation for 150 bongbucks when the FAQ draft dropped. Autistic metafags are so easy to manipulate.
>>
>>50671788
Uh... no idea? I literally copy pasted it after I wrote the first line, too... I guess it's set up in a way that doesn't usually fuck with list posts...?
>>
How do we make ork shooting better?
>>
>>50670234
So, if you want to build an IW list, look at the new supplement that just dropped. As long as nothing in the detachment has marks, you get free VotLW... and things with VotLW get Stuborn, tankhunter, and FNP6+.

Most importantly, you get Obliterators as troops. Tank hunter Obliterators with a 6+ FNP.

23 obliterators+4 sorcerors is actually fairly cheap as far as 1850 armies go. Ask your opponent if they can kill 27 different 1 man squads that are all fairly durable. Most of your units have Heavy weapon yes. Go nuts.
>>
>>50671821
give them more dice to throw because they're not getting better ballistic skill

the answer is literally "more dakka"
>>
>>50671746
It feels like this recent shit-posting contest started right around traitors hate.
There's been alot of crying about CSM never getting anything nice untill this latest book.

I'm the kinda of stupid idealist that wishes everyone could have a nice fun army to play with and regular releases.
>>
>>50671815

I can't even post lists with three identical troop choices because 4chan thinks it's spam. But it's been a while since I've tried.
>>
>>50671821
More shots.

Orks having BS2 is fine and fluffy. But they fill the air with shitloads of bullets, which isn't represented on the tabletop.

Except in Warbikes, assault 3 twin linked is a thing of beauty.
>>
>>50671803
>fully painting a WAAC netlist

The only requirement is 3 colors dont know why they bother commissioning an expensive paintjob for an army you're inevitably going to hop.

I have my actual army fully painted and then a primer + 2 colors white scar bike army that uses cheap DV shit and a centstar that's similarly barely painted.
>>
Anons, Razorbacks are too good.

But I want to try one using the TL Assault Cannon. It looks so tasty.
>>
>>50671564
Except both IG and SM have three times more variety in both theme and models than AdMech ever had.

SM has all kinds of flavor
>giant teddy bears
>space mongols
>space vampires
>space crusaders
>space monks
>incredibly ornate and detailed elites
>all kinds of cool-looking vehicles

While guard has
>space trolls
>space rambos
>shitload of different tanks and supertanks
>shitload of different artillery
And can also look extremely cool with the right color scheme.

Meanwhile every single AdMech model has this obnoxious 'lol cyberpunk' and 'space robots lmao' feeling, all clusterfucked in a shitty mix of steel and red robes that isn't even recognizable most of the time.
>>
>>50671736
thanks bro, i saw that kind of army composition on a you tube video few minutes ago
i think i will start scions and take battle brothers from IG at some point later on, maybe switch between main IG and main Scions as I play, and a smattering of Inq
>>
>>50671736
Why not just run the Ground Assault formation for the benefits at that point?
>>
>>50671665

Which is odd since there's a lot of rules that pertain to units charging after disembarking from vehicles, but don't have options for assault vehicles.

It's like it's just a huge oversight that no one seems to have taken to task of fixing, like they all just absent-mindedly ignore that rule when "playtesting" because it's terrible, and kind of forget the written rules contradict that style of play.
>>
>>50671848
>Anti-AdMechfag is a Marine player
loving
every
laugh
>>
What the hell is the point of challenges?
>>
>>50671704

I just grabbed a box of Harlequins and a Death Jester for ~9 USD each. Here's hoping it's legit. Also a Shadowseer, but she's only -4 USD off GW base price.
>>
Ok, I decided to drop the Dread to free up points for a Land Raider Crusader for the Lysander Star. I really want to keep the Cents though, plus the setup that I have allows me to use either TL Las/Missiles or Grav depending upon what I'm up against. Because of this, I decided to keep the Devs with Heavy Bolters.
>>
>>50671887
Thematically to have Your Dudes duke it out to see who's the strongest and most worthy of your praise.

Mechanically to get characters out in the open for your character slayer to murder properly, or snipe a hidden powerfist out of a squad so your Dread can sweep them unopposed.
>>
Anyone have examples of World Eaters builds? 1500~1850pts. I'm interested in starting but am not sure where to begin. I know they're not top-tier or anything but I like the flavor of their Traitor Legions rules.
>>
>>50671861
Because Objective Secured is better. It's an MSU mechanized infantry army with seven Fast Transport Tanks (that actually have decent guns; Taurox are underrated imo). ObSec is kind of a no-brainer.

The formation rules just aren't that good. TL/Pinning on disembark isn't great since Taurox have fire points (so you're only getting out when it's dead), and making a single reserve roll for the entire army doesn't exactly work when it is actually almost your entire army. There's no other benefit. ObSec is just objectively better.
>>
>>50671885
Nice try, but no. I'll stop posting if you make a correct guess, but it only counts once per thread.
>>
>>50671887
Racking up those Blood Tithes/boons if you play KDK or CSM respectively.
>>
>>50671899

Also, if they refuse, then they can't fight in the subsequent phase, making it useful for taking out melee characters that might prove problematic for everything else you're assaulting with.
>>
>>50671906
I heard one concept where you just MSU spam as many CSM/Berzerker units as possible on foot and sprint across the board with the combination of all their different bonus movement rules (also, that new relic that just gives them +3" to move, run and charge distances). You'd need a PF in every squad to have a chance versus armor, but the idea is simply that they can't kill all of them since it's split up into MSU and they're so crazy fast that you'll be making at least some charges by turn 2 (and in some crazy cases even turn 1).

It's probably not an amazing list, but it might work against some things.
>>
>>50671669
Youre not a very good space marine iz ya
>>
So I dig Nids quite a bit and wanna start them up, what's fun to do with them? Not really hoping to win much with them just dig the bugs.
>>
>>50671887
To kill powerklaw nobs before they can attack since the boyz can't soak up wounds.
>>
>>50671906
Try 2 20-man Berzerker squads with Maelstrom of Gore, most of the time they'll get a 1st turn charge, everything else should be spent on a maxed Hellforged Warpack with a single Hellbrute leading it. Use the rest for Lord and upgrades.
>>
>>50672025

Why Berzerkers over MoK CSM? One point of WS difference, for several points less.
>>
>>50671990
>what's fun to do with them?
I hope you like Hive Tyrants, Mawlocs, Biovores and Mucolids, because that's basically the entire army now. I think you might also use Lictors to guide the Mawlocs. It's either that or ally Genestealer Cults because they're an objectively better army (and are actually one of the best armies in the game right now, surprisingly enough). As far as internal balance goes it's probably the worst faction in the game at this point. There's a handful of units that are pretty decent, and almost everything else isn't even worth considering (including their most iconic units - Termigaunts, Hormigaunts, Warriors and Carnifexes)
>>
File: 000_Par7447232_m.jpg (42KB, 620x424px) Image search: [Google]
000_Par7447232_m.jpg
42KB, 620x424px
Thinking bout getting back into 40k.

In the past I had a checklist to look at what problems my army would need to solve.

>Objectives
>Anti-Mech
>Anti-Horde
>Anti-MC
>Anti-Air
>Anti-INV
>Psyker Defense? Can this be done now no idea
>Unit Redundancy where possible (no deathstars)

Anyone that plays can tell me what else you need this edition?
>>
>>50671887
This guy just called your God-Emperor a bitch and your waifu a whore, are you a bad enough dude to make him eat a chainsword?

>>50671821
every gun gains at least 2 more shots and 6 more inches

>>50671665
err everyone suddenly gets nauseous after getting out of transports? in reality i think it's a holdover to curb assault from 4th, but then when gw boosts shooting they didn't bring assault up to par. which really makes me think, do the devs heavily favor shooting or are they still assblasted about assault?
>>
>>50672042
ok shitposter. what is +3".
>>
>>50671952
It's actually quite good, a turn 2 charge will seriously hurt anything short of waac-tier units/formations.

>>50672042
Because they look better, because that single WS means missing with half of your attacks, killing your ability to stand up against dedicated melee units.

But more importantly, Maesltrom of Gore requires them, and that +3 to charge + Fleet is essential for a turn 1 assault.
>>
>>50672062
As always, focus primarily on building your army to win the missions you'll be playing (if we're talking competitive tournament listbuilding).

That list is basically fine.
>>
>>50672062
just go to 1d4chan and read the 200 pages available.
>>
>>50672062
Anti death Star.

Psyker defense is best accomplished by running more psykers than they are.
>>
>>50672062
I mean, that pretty much covers it. The big difference in 7th is that the points efficiency of a lot of stuff is a lot higher, and so you need to make sure you're not just picking something that can do a job but making sure it's the right thing for that job in the context of the rest of your army. Synergy is key.

>>50672068
>It's actually quite good, a turn 2 charge will seriously hurt anything short of waac-tier units/formations.
The concern I'd have is that unless you take the Hellturkey formation literally any air-based anti-MEQ at all trumps the entire army, but taking it is a big chunk of points that you kind of need in order to hit critical mass of raging, frothing madman spam. Like, literally one or two Fire Raptors (or even just enemy Hellturkeys) and you're losing a huge chunk of dudes every turn with no answer.
>>
>>50672025
>>50671906
>>50672042
I accidentally fucked up my first reply, what I meant was 2 15man squads and 2 8man squads, first two with Lord and Warpsmith, and then a maxed Warpack made up of 4 Maulerfiends and 1 Hellbrute leading it.
>>
>>50672094
>Psyker defense is best accomplished by running more psykers than they are.
Don't forget the Culexus Assassin and Sisters of Silence. Deleting all their warp charges and blessings just by getting next to them hard counters most psychic death stars. Not being able to stick them in allied drop pods is a significant hit, but you can still have them board a rhino or razerback (or whatever) at the start of the game to get them into position.
>>
>>50672062
MSU Dark Angels with TL Assault Cannon or HFlamer Razorbacks and Librarians, Deep Striking Deathwing and Surprise Melta dreads.
>>
>>50672096
Are fliers really still a thing? I thought anti-air had made them redundant in the current meta. If you know you'll play against fliers, then pick the Hellturkey formation instead of the Warpack, and fill up the rest with any good anti-vehicle choice.
>>
File: tiger.jpg (98KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
tiger.jpg
98KB, 640x960px
>>50672074
Good to know
>>50672081
I'm checkin it out
>>50672094
Sadly I hate psykers, just have to kill em
>>50672096
Also good to know

So basically the list is fine. Just be efficent and build for missions.
>>
>>50672103

Interesting setup. Any preferences on equipment for the Hellbrute and Maulerfiends?
>>
>>50672118
You check off the list? Is that your army?
>>
>>50672124
It would be cool if fliers were dead, Never much liked them either. But can't magnus for example fly or some shit. Obviously I dunno.
>>
>>50672124
>Are fliers really still a thing?
Yeah, but it varies wildly. Most (sensible) people don't play with Death From The Skies, so the Fire Raptor is still a god of the battlefield. I've literally never actually seen one die from shooting, and they're fucking killing machines if you play the side weapons as "turrets" (i.e., 180 degree arcs of fire) since it lets them dump an obscene amount of firepower all forward. In fact, the only way I've seen a Fire Raptor be destroyed is by forcing the Locked Velocity rule and then putting units in front of it in such a way that it can't move exactly 18" and is auto-destroyed because a truck happened to be driving around somewhere underneath it (also known as The Dumbest Universal Rule In All Of Warhammer 40k).
>>
>>50672124
depends on your meta, i don't see a lot of flyers when i play. last time i faced a flyer i blew up a stormraven and a lot of death company with an exalted flamer i got from warp storm.
>>
File: let it all burn.jpg (1MB, 939x974px)
let it all burn.jpg
1MB, 939x974px
>>50672130
Depends on what you'll be facing, though lasher tendrils are almost never worth it since your Maulerfiends are supossed to be fighting tanks instead of Walkers.

The point is throwing as much scary shit into your enemy's face as possible, so that no threat can be safely ignored. Killed those maulerfiends? Now you got a Hellbrute in your face. Killed the brute? Now the fiends got rage, say goodbye to your tarpit. Managed to kill them both? Now you have 4 squads of angry Zerkers and a Juggerlord with AoBF raping everything in sight.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
>>
>>50672151
Nah, just off the top if my head it should work out if he gives both Libarians ML2. ML2 means 4 charges per turn, as well as good Deny the Witch. Interromancy is also one of the coolest disciplines in the game in my opinion, with Ld and stat nerfing shenanigans, or buffing your own dudes. Or just put them with devs and go with the old divination buffing route.

TL Assault Cannons are one of the best weapons there are, if only because S7 AP4 Heavy 4 Rending Twinlinked sounds awesome. Having it on a DT is even better. Especially depending on what you pit in there. Back field lascannon devs? Give that thing a TL Lascannon instead.

135 points gets you a regular dreadnought with a multimelta and a Drop Pod. Slap a locator beacon on there and your Deathwing and any other Deepstriking bad boys don't scatter. Pay 25 points more for Venerable, Deathwing, and WS and BS5 to ensure that you hit with your Multi Melta.

Deathwing Termies are because termies are just cool, and these guys can get extra options, like Plasma Cannons. Or you could go for the super melee termis, the Deathwing Knights and their +3 S AP3 Maces of murder and special rules. Also +1 T if base to base.

Having army wide BS2 on Overwatch and Stubborn is nice, Deathwing grants Fearless and Hatred (CSM), and all your bikers have a rerollable jink save.

Though, I like DA for the fluff and color scheme mainly, this post was arguing for their tabletop viability.
>>
>>50672276
>>50672276
>>50672276
>>50672276

New thread, where we'll debate bread
>>
>>50672284
>S7 AP4 Heavy 4 Rending Twinlinked sounds awesome
Assault cannons are S6 unless they have psybolts.
>>
Got a question, i can take plague marines as troops (being death guard legion), in the Chaos warband formation it says 2+ squads of chaos marines, does this mean i can use plague marines instead? assuming not, but hoping yes.
Thread posts: 433
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.