[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you guys have tried out Star Wars Saga (Preferably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: photo.jpg (101KB, 708x692px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
101KB, 708x692px
How many of you guys have tried out Star Wars Saga (Preferably over Roll20) is it easy to transition over if I've only ever played DnD 5E?
>>
Saga is to 4e what D20 revised was to 3.5, so you tell me.
>>
It's definitely different but if you've played enough it's not that difficult to adjust
>>
It's 3.5 with a Star Wars paint job. Much more complicated than 5e. Try one of the FFG Star Wars RPGs instead.
>>
>>50648743
I prefer WEG D6 system. FFG's rpg isn't bad, but between the completely unbalanced gear, the atrocious class trees, shoddy opitions, and the fact that they divided it into three books instead of making decent supplements, it has its flaws.
>>
>>50648501
I play it a lot, but the main problem is that Jedu are OP if you know what you're doing (which you should), and assuming you don't spec into stupid powers. If you plan on playing it, don't have a party with one/two jedi and the rest are other classes, cuz there'll be a significant power difference if the jedus know how to build a character.
>>
>>50648926
Yup.
>>
>>50648501
>Jedu are OP
Jedi's force powers are based off a static DC. So its very easy to get static bonuses to your 'use the force' skill to ensure you pretty much never fail.
>>
Haven't played it yet but I have all the books. Would it be hard to find a group on Roll20 or some shit?
>>
>>50648501
If you just want to run an original trilogy game try the WEG Star Wars instead
>>
>>50649996
If you're still around I'd like to start a group with you. OP here
>>
>>50650558
Maybe, I have to work my ass irl tho for the time being so I don't know if my schedule will be open. what kind of game would your campaign be?
>>
It is decent, not bad but not exactly something I have found to want to run no matter what.

If you are used to something like pathfinder or 3.5, you are going to find a very easy time running it. Your players might get mad they do not have magic weapons but just explain to them the character can do so much more than npcs.
>>
>>50651000
No clue. I was thinking KOTOR era, but that's all thus far.

https://app.roll20.net/users/1894110/mitchell
There's my Roll20 if you want to message there.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.