[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone remember that thread back in 2010, where a DM traumatized

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (21KB, 222x203px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 222x203px
Anyone remember that thread back in 2010, where a DM traumatized all his players with a game set under Olympus Mons?

I do. So have some OC.

WIP, any feedback would be great.

philome.la/Thatonetsungal/ghosts-of-mars
>>
>>50646256
Thanks, OP. I'm gonna give this a play.
>>
File: all smiles luna.jpg (31KB, 379x359px) Image search: [Google]
all smiles luna.jpg
31KB, 379x359px
Holy shit! I was just thinking about this the other day. Thanks OP, I'll take a look right now.
>>
>>50646310
This was pretty neat, OP. I just died. Right off the bat, a few of the choices seem a little vague, like the option to "enter the cave" or simply "unknown"

I would go back and give a little context, maybe in the description text, or maybe the choice itself contains the context. But I really enjoyed it.
>>
>>50646540
Thanks! A lot of the vagueness was a deliberate stylistic choice, but I think some of it definitely could be a little more clear.
>>
>>50646540
also
There seems to be a missing section after you're given the option to panic when the missing guy appears. After choosing any option it just says double click to edit
>>
>>50646680
Yup. Still very much a work in progress - that'll be added as work continues.
>>
>>50646660
No problem! It certainly works well for the way the narrative is set, so I would keep the general feel of it, but maybe include more description.
>>
Just played through up to the panic/don't panic bit - I don't think it continues any further?

Really enjoyed what you have so far though, keep it up!
>>
>>50646256
neat
Keep working on it, OP; it's pretty good so far.
>>
That was awesome OP
Here is the story if anyone is wondering
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/12130366/
>>
>>50647494
Holy fuck, that was amazing. I really really want to do this to my mates now.
>>
>>50646256

This is tight.
>>
I remember the thread and I will try this right now.
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 900x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 900x700px
Wow, wasn't expexting this to still be alive. Anyone have any thoughts as to what I can improve?
>>
Why is everyone complimenting that game? That was bullshit.
>>
>>50647494
Legit spooked
>>
>>50653174

Yeah, I dunno. It was certainly an amusing read, and all the neat ways the GM messed with his players were interesting. But as interactive fiction, it felt like a bit of a bust. The players had no choice but to roam around the 2spooky tunnels until they died (note how many times the author says something like "it didn't matter" or "it wouldn't have helped"). It was simply a long, drawn-out execution of literally faceless and nameless characters.
>>
>>50647494
What was the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XocjG6CmvD8 ?
>>
File: image.jpg (169KB, 850x1203px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169KB, 850x1203px
>>50654816
I have no idea, sadly. I'm not the DM, nor was I a player, just an interested ca/tg/irl with a creative streak. I reached out to the DM at the email he provided in the thread, but he never responded, so I have no way of knowing any information that he didn't actually tell us in the thread.
>>
>>50654707
Any ways you can think of that I could improve? This is my first thing attempting something like this, so any suggestions you can give would be welcome, and appreciated.
>>
>>50654921
>>50654816
It's probably this, this was seems like a reupload of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTYtarHtpxo

Ow.
>>
>>50654945

I was criticizing the original story, I haven't played the game yet.

I would just say to have a clear idea in mind of what is going on re: why there are ghosts on mars. You really can't wing it with a CYOA like you can in a live game.
>>
Just finished the original post and, really? he was just making it up completely, so there was no mystery under the mountain? That's kinda lame, so there really WASN'T a way for them to do anything, it was just them wandering tunnels till they died.
>>
I think there's a mistake. When you select "Don't panic" you get to a page that says "Double-click this passage to edit it."
>>
>>50655784
Scratch that, I didn't read the 'WIP'.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.