[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with playing pre-generated characters? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

How do you deal with playing pre-generated characters?

What if the GM only allows pre-generated ones?

What if he allows player-generated characters but first they have to be introduced as an NPC for a while?
>>
>>50640226

I would never require pre-generated characters unless I'm running a one-shot or a short campaign lasting a handful of sessions.

Pre-generated characters can be useful in getting newer players accustomed to roleplaying.

I don't get why a gm would require a character to be an NPC for a while before a player can actually play it.
>>
>>50640226
I've only really seen pre-gens required for like convention one shots and the like where that's just there to help newbie and to get things running smoothly.

I'm fine with doing pre-gens but it's a different experience for me than playing my own charcter. A pre-gens feels like I'm just acting in a play or doing an improv instead of roleplaying like I'm used to. Sometimes it helps with how I perform because I'm not really having to develop the character properly mid game because I didn't have time to flesh them out. But other times, I feel forced into a role that I'm not very interested in and sort of just do it by the motions.
>>
>>50640226
>have to be introduced as an NPC for a while
Why would this ever happen?
>>
>How do you deal with playing pre-generated characters?
OP, what is there to "deal with", exactly? It's not exactly a painful or traumatic experience.
>>
>>50640226
>How do you deal with playing pre-generated characters?
No problem as long as you got a good DM who explains well the character and what expects of him. They're perfect to make sure that the party is gonna suit what the DM had in mind for the game, they're good to introduce players to a new system and they're nice for trying new things you woul've not come with. The only setback is not being able to make your own character and, really, if the DM is good he makes the pre-generated characters ambigious enough to let you make it yours.

>What if the GM only allows pre-generated ones?
He probably has a good reason for that. See above.

>What if he allows player-generated characters but first they have to be introduced as an NPC for a while?
That's stupid and I don't know who does that and why. I mean, if the creator of the PC has not played it yet, how does the DM know how to act as him?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.