[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need an idea for a horror oneshot. I said I'd run a game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: voodoo.jpg (32KB, 526x526px) Image search: [Google]
voodoo.jpg
32KB, 526x526px
I need an idea for a horror oneshot.

I said I'd run a game this afternoon, to introduce my group to the Savage Worlds system. I'm having trouble thinking of what to do. I like horror for oneshots, because for a single-session game you don't necessarily have to tell the players anything about what's going to happen, and it doesn't disrupt anything if no one survives. Annyone got a horrifying idea they'd like to share?
>>
>>50631417
The group is on a cruise.
A storm forms out of nowhere.
The engines die, and the mechanic crew is nowhere to be found.
Random crew and passengers start disappearing.
But the lifeboats are still all accounted for.
And that elderly couple down the hall seems all too cheery about the whole affair.
>>
>>50633632
Damn, that's a good setup.
>>
>>50633632
pretty much this but in the generic sense:
collect all the PCs together on some group activity
isolate them from help
Make scary stuff happen
kill them slowly
constantly repeat one strange thing that is a clue, potentially repeat two things so one is a red herring.
>>
>>50631417
https://www.peginc.com/product-category/one-sheets/
>>
The party are engineers in isolated facility underwater/in space.
A mysterious arrival, someone had an accident and gets shelter in said facility.
Each player has some amount of unique information about the facility, that the others don't know.
The mysterious arrival is a changeling, and 'goes missing'.
Pick a player and hand them a note that says "You're a changeling, devour a crew member and take their form, disregard other objectives".
When the player is successful, the player character 'goes missing', hand the note and previous player's unique information to the next player.
Repeat until everyone is dead, or the changeling is beaten.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.