[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-N Z/Age-of-Sigmar-Spire-of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 14

File: spire of dawn.jpg (289KB, 1932x1026px) Image search: [Google]
spire of dawn.jpg
289KB, 1932x1026px
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Age-of-Sigmar-Spire-of-Dawn-ENG

Repackaged Island of Blood is up for preorder in New Zealand. What are you thoughts?

Who else is going to buy this and replace all the bases with square ones so as to play WHF again?
>>
>>50626079
Probably get some from a bits store to use in Mordheim. Or, if the cost is too high, I'll just buy the box and trade/sell any spares.
>>
>>50626079
>Who else is going to buy this and replace all the bases with square ones so as to play WHF again?
Shill pls, it was shit in 8th edition, it's shit now.
>>
>>50626079
>165$
Does arcan'dor on the background included in box?
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (309KB, 1267x642px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
309KB, 1267x642px
>>50626079
£50 in the UK, which is great. Converting currencies of the NZ price would put it at £88, ouch.
>>
>>50627043
>which is great.
For what? bad rules and ugly models?
>>
>>50627050
Why so salty?
>>
>>50627012
Doesn't really look like the arcan'dor.
>>
>>50627043
I hate to admit, but that's really not bad.
>>
>>50627195
>Why so salty?
Since when "critique" becomes synonym of "salty"?
>>50627574
You should be elder to post outside of your general.
>>
>>50626079
Honestly I hate GW's guts by now but this box is quite amazing. It's 65 EUR and full of models, most of whom look quite cool. The Elves are good, the Gryphon is amazing, the Skaven vary from ok to actually nice. I'm seriously considering it.
>>
>>50627050
I don't find these models 'ugly', especially considering their price. And I really don't care for the rules, since sure as hell I'm not going to use them for AOS or WHFB
>>
>>50627762
>I don't find these models 'ugly', especially considering their price.
WoW is still cheaper.
>especially considering their price.
How price related with quality?
>And I really don't care for the rules
>t. 3+ player
>>
>>50627651
>critique

That's not critique, that is being a nagger.
>>
>>50626079
it comes with square and round bases
>>
>>50627792
>That's not critique,
>stop talking bad abouyt GW, it's not critique
>>
>>50627805
>>stop talking bad abouyt GW, it's not critique

He's right. Talking bad about something is not a critique. Critique is requires analysis, not just bad mouthing.
>>
>>50627990
>He's right.
I see you samefag.
>>
>>50627012
Thats Monopoly $ it's roughly 85$ in real money.
>>
>>50627791
How's the sight from so far beyond the horizon of retardation?
>>
>>50626079
I'm going to buy it to play AoS with it
>>
>>50628568
>How's the sight from so far beyond the horizon of retardation?
Ask youyrself AoS-player.
>>
>>50627796
Does it now?

Well that gives me even more reason to look into WHFB with it.
>>
>>50628789
You fucking faggot. Everybody knows that Smegmar is a filty abomination.
I will buy it for AoS, too. Two boxes, in fact.
>>
>>50628851
Sure! Have fun. If that's what your local meta is into, be sure to help keep the positive community of it going, and post in the /whfbg/ to keep that one going as well. It's important to be a contributor to it.

I'm an AoS player, and that's my goal too. We have a few guys who play 9th age in our store as well, and we help eachother out with loaning minis and promoting events. No matter what game you play, the important thing is to keep it a friendly environment for new and existing players.
>>
>>50628872
NO U!
Rock on, brother. I don't even collect skaven or aelves, but I will be starting now.
>>
>>50628879
Hi Kevin, IoB was shit in 8th edition and it's still shit.
>We have a few guys who play 9th age in our store as well
>GW store
>9th Age
>>
>>50628879
>and post in the /whfbg/ to keep that one going as well.
Could be shilling be more obvious?
>>
>>50628905

Guy didn't say he plays at a GW you stupid cunt
>>
>>50629078
Well sinc ehe is trying to shill so hard, he obviously play in GW-store.
>>
>>50628789
kys
getting two boxes myself since there is a lot of value
>>
>>50629155
>since there is a lot of value
Such as.?
>>
>>50627050
>ugly models
They're fine, particularly the skaven and PARTICULARLY considering that box for £50 is Mantic money
>>
>>50629169
74 models for £50 is a good deal imo
>>
>>50629182
>They're fine,
Well any models fine for AoSplayers.
>>50629191
Bad models aren't worth any monies.
>>
>>50629234
Whats a good model in your opinion, oh master of the superior taste
>>
>>50627792
You misspellings nigger
>>
>>50626079
It's a god set of minatures and I think it's good that GW decided to keep them around.
>>
>>50629357
>It's a god set of minatures
>carttonish MMO-design
>god set of miniatures
>>
>>50629381
aren't those 8th edition miniatures tho and not from AoS ?
>>
>>50629381
Well, it was supposed to say good, but autocorrect fucked me.

Aesthetic taste is also subjective and you could always buy Mantic miniatures if you don't like classic Warhammer aesthetics.
>>
Good thing I already round based mine and got it for $60 when lgs was told to pull it from shelf.
>>
>>50629402
Yes they are. And now you realize you have been arguing with a retard. A true idiot. It will get you nowhere. He frequents any thread using the same stupid arguments like it's going to make a difference.
>>
>>50629427
I believe this obsessive behaviour falls within the autism spectrum.
>>
>>50629427
it was worth a shoot all things considered anon
>>
I never played the old WHFB, is 9th Age any good? Also I might actually play AoS with them on occasion bc the closest store to me is a GW.
>>
>>50626079
Not to shit on your parade but... you could just buy the original Island of blood on ebay on 50-60 usd and play with the rules...
>>
>>50629402
>aren't those 8th edition miniatures tho and not from AoS ?
So what? In AoS GW just wasn't bounded by Old World aesthetic, but switching from grim design to bhright cartoonis MMO design statrts in 8th edition (one of reasons why 8th ed. failed were ugly new releases).
>>50629410
>if you don't like classic Warhammer aesthetics.
>8th edition
>classic Warhammer aesthetics.
COuld you remind since when classic warhammer aesthetics has Dwarven version of chinook helicopter with disel engine?
>>
>>50629454
If you want to be able to hop between AoS and 9th age, just keep them on square bases, which the set comes with.

As for 9th age, I've never played it. To me it took all the things I didn't like about whfb and rolled with it. But I hear many whfb aficionados swear by it. So if there are 9th age players, give it a shot.
>>
>>50629486
>To me it took all the things I didn't like about whfb and rolled with it.
Well yeah, 9th age doesn't have "roll 3+ to win the game"
>>
>>50629469
>(one of reasons why 8th ed. failed were ugly new releases).
See everyone? This is what I am talking about. This guy is a genuine idiot. He uses really stupid arguments to get (You)s. And yes, I know I just gave him one.
>>
>>50629500
Interesting. What game does?
>>
>>50629469
The 8'th edition starter set looks slicker and less overdesigned than most of the 8'th edition range. The art design looks like what most people would expect Warhammer would look like even over 15 years ago. However, I can't stop you from being a contrarian and posting transparent arguments with little substance to back them up.
>>
>>50629521
Something with 8+ rating.
>>50629525
>The art design looks like what most people would expect Warhammer would look like even over 15 years ago
And that's is the reason why 8th edition models sucks.
>>
God, this guy is a moron. There is literally no point to arguing with him.
>>
>>50628033

they're both right though
>>
>>50629555
The 8'th edition models sucks because they overdid the Warhammer aesthetic to such a degree that it looked like a parody of itself.
>>
Seems like a good product for someone that wants to ptry AOS and doesnt want to spend $100
>>
>>50629847
>The 8'th edition models sucks because they overdid the Warhammer aesthetic to such a degree that it looked like a parody of itself.
Well actually it was almost my point.
15 years ago they making models in heroic scale because goodl looking true scale in mass production was impossible, in 210 people awaits that models will looks like from artworks, but instead of this GW turned into "lolguys heroic scale always was out feature" (like they did with "lol we aren't game company we are selling miniatures" ) and switched from simple heroic scale to cartoonish heroic scale.
>>50629897
You are right 85$ for one not even full army is much better than 100$
>>
>>50629897
That it is.
>>
>>50629916

i thought with AOS you just plunked down minis that you liked and played?
>>
>>50630043
>i thought with AOS you just plunked down minis that you liked and played?
Nope
>>
>>50630043
Yes.
>>
It is just another repackage. The price is better than the $100msrp of IoB at least l. While like the other starter set models they are largely snap fit, it isn't a bad deal. I might buy one of these to use in Kings of War.
>>
>>50630193
I just think it's cool that they keep them avaliable considering it's starter minis set from a game they killed.
>>
>>50630328
Typical low energy bait.
>>
>>50626079
Will happily buy Skaven for my Mordheim.

No spite, I hope you AoS guys enjoy it. My favourite fantasy world got murderd to promote ,,muh afterworld fightan' demigods", so I can only hope that raped ashes of something I cheerished for 15 years prove good playground.

I only hope they bring back Mordheim. It would be like keeping old world in the background and maybe ease all those people that are still in mournig. Also, good exuse to shill fiction in that world.
>>
>>50630350
Why the fuck you doubleposting after hours of your first posts?
>>
>>50630350
>I only hope they bring back Mordheim.
>oh-nom-nom I love GW cock so much, please GW gibe me more games with sigmarines and I will shill on /tg/ for free.
>>
>Warmaslav shows up again

Just go already you retard, we can all identify your poorly-written posts.
>>
>>50630350

>Hope they bring back mordheim
>Player for 15 years

So you don't own a copy? Pleb please!
>>
>>50626079
I thought I was done with WHFB after they killed it and my Lizardmen were complete, but now I'm tempted to get this. Good deal, nice models and nice price.
Now I have to make a choice between these and historicals.
>>
>>50630350
To be honest I hope they bring back mordheim too but set in the mortal realms.
>>
>>50630432
Always report him. Do not aknowledge that he exists.
>>
>>50630783
>mordheim
Doesn't fit main traits for GW new product.
>>50630836
Sorry shill, but it's not your private GW forum
>>
>>50630436
I ment more like the universe, I bought my 1st. ed. WHFRP in like 2000.

Got a shelf of WF books and RPG splatbooks for 1st and 2nd edition.

I caught interest in Mordheim much later, made Dwarf band from box of warriors and Skull Pass minis (shields on them are pain in the ass when comes to converting) and now I posses some Witch Hunters and some Reikland. I hope that bringing game back reviwes the interest, because game is kinda dead.

I saw Blood Bowl league being organised lately. Fuck, no one plays or cares about American Football here, yet they play it. Makes one wonder.

>>50630394
Oh, shut up salty cuck.
>>
>>50630843
>>mordheim
>Doesn't fit main traits for GW new product.
Imagine something like Mordheim but with AoS aesthetics and mixed up with DotA (couple mighty heroes each accompanied by a dozen or so of mooks)
>>
>>50630916
>Imagine something like Mordheim but with AoS aesthetics
Still doesn't fit.
>and mixed up with DotA (couple mighty heroes each accompanied by a dozen or so of mooks)
Unlike DotA GW cannot into rules
>>
>>50630898
>Oh, shut up salty cuck.
Make me, newfag
>>
>>50630783

It kinda does not fit gritty city of betraying mecanaries, strange horrors and ruined city quaters.

Also, the problem with AoSverse is that it cannot accomodate Sword&Soccery and roving bands of adventurers.

The mooks were advancing, they were characters of their own, advancing, dying, gathering lasting injuries as well as treasures. When you found additional weapons it was a wow.

How you can do something like that with ,,muh celestial beings"?
>>
>>50630843
>Doesn't fit main traits for GW new product.

They just re-released Bloodbowl, so I can imagine a Mordheim release.
>>
>>50631056
>Also, the problem with AoSverse is that it cannot accomodate Sword&Soccery and roving bands of adventurers.

How not?
>>
>>50631056
Easy. Don't include "muh celestial beings".

The fact is there is more to the setting than just the stormcast eternals. Much of which I can see would fit perfectly with mordheim.

Betraying mercenaries, strange horrors, and ruined city quarters are a core part of the mortal realms. The realms were once a utopian paradise until chaos came and fucked it all up, and for about a century you have old cities being abandoned and put into ruins as chaos runs amok like its their own sadistic playground. The current timeframe is called the age of sigmar, because that's when Order had gathered enough strength to do a really huge push back. Now you have regular mortal humans and dwarves, like the Free Peoples and Dispossessed going about trying to reclaim what what taken from them a century ago, and they are not always backed up by the stormcast eternals.

So it may not be sword&sorcerery in the traditional sense, but it is definitely accomodating toward a roving band of very mortal adventurers seeking riches or to reclaim what's theirs.

The mooks can still advance, be characters of their own, advancing, dying gahtering lasting injuries and treasures. Finding weapons and magic items or whatever can still be a wow.

I think a lot of people just see the stormcast eternals and think that's all there is. I really don't blame them because people first getting into 40k think space marines are all there is because GW promotes them like posterboys. But just as 40k players know, there is more deep in the setting.

I think that's one of the things people liked about mordheim so much, is it showed the deep underbelly of the setting and story. It can be the same for AoS.
>>
>>50631545
>The fact is there is more to the setting than just the stormcast eternals
>>
>>50631652
Not him but i'm getting into it and the setting seems cool.
>>
>>50631706
Yeah, the Sylvaneth and Bonesplitters are surpsingly endearing. The worst aspects of the setting is really the focus on dramatic main characters and Lightning Lads.
>>
>>50631935
I really like the stormcast eternals, because I think there is a lot to them as characters, but I think it's a shame they are getting most of the promoting.
>>
>>50631935
Thinking of picking up the Spire of Dawn as a start. Elves and Skaven are cool. Though i'm not really sure yet which army i actually want
>>
>>50632037
You could always look up the rules and see what seems like the most fun to play.
>>
>>50631976
I think the problem I have with them is that they were instantly made posterboys of the setting and my initial reaction was that I didn't hink they were cool.
>>
>>50631935
What is dislike about the setting is how diffuse it is, the old world and generaly the "world that was" as they insist calling it had places, they still had place for "your dudes" but it had places to fight over.

What pisses me off almost as much is what they did to the Lizardmen

>Seraphon

that fucking retarded name alone, but realy they always whined that they cant make any books with the lizardmen because they are so "unrelable", so what do they do with age of sigmar?
Do they make em Re Evolve into the Old Ones and perhaps give them some personality? Nope, they make them into summoned demon automatons.

Now they dont even have cities, they dont even have infrastructure, they can be happy if one of them even gets a name.

This pisses me off to no end. They also ruined their atavistic dinosaur theme.
>>
File: rana besucona.jpg (92KB, 720x631px) Image search: [Google]
rana besucona.jpg
92KB, 720x631px
>>50626079
If GW started putting square bases with things again and put the 8e core rules back on their website as a pdf download, I wouldn't be salty anymore. I don't want AoS to die, I just don't want my setting to have died for it to exist. I'm fine with AoS being like Storm Of Chaos and WAR as a different continuity that may have happened.

So yeah. Good release. I'm not buying one because I have the original, but I feel better about having bought some Daemonettes MTO now and would be more open to buying similar things in the future.
>>
>>50632126
My biggest real problem with the setting is that it is without limits and therefore without significant consequences. If some land gets destroyed it doesn't matter because there is infinite land.
>>
>>50627050
HEY, that gryphon model is a beauty to behold.

>>50627791
>WoW is still cheaper.
HAHA, no.

Total War: Warhammer is cheaper. Mordheim is cheaper.

WoW eats both time and money until there's nothing left of you but a husk.
>>
File: gw-99080210003.jpg (86KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
gw-99080210003.jpg
86KB, 920x950px
>>50629234
Those are some damn fine High Elf sculpts, and with some filing those Lothern Seaguard are amazing replacements to the monkey-hand Spearmen.
>>
>>50629454
T9A has amazing core rules that fix most problems in the game, but the army books are open to critique depending on your army. Some are good, some remove customization and randomness. Most of that was for internal balance reasons, but its worth considering using 8e army books and T9A core rules.
>>
>>50626079
>Who else is going to buy this and replace all the bases with square ones so as to play WHF again?
Why would you want to? Sigmar isn't a great game, but WHFB is terrible.
>>
>>50632262
There is always Kings of War.
>>
>>50629469
8e failed because it was nothing but big expensive kits. Their ordinary models were quite nice.

Plus, these fit into the classic aesthetic.
>>
>>50629916
You buy two kits, sell the army you don't like. $170 is a fantastic price for a full army.
>>
>>50630043
It was at first, they basically rewrote the game from the ground up when the first version was poorly received by most people as it was barely even a game.
>>
>>50632308
By that you mean they slapped on points and fixed nothing.
>>
>>50630939
I dunno, the new Blood Bowl seems pretty well done. I hear good things about Silver Tower, but since its AoS I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole.
>>
>>50631545
But basically everything AoS puts the Stormcast and the Khornates front and center along with not-Slayers and Tzeentch as supporting cast. Look at Silver Tower.
>>
>>50632324
Silver Tower is fine but overpriced. As with all GW boardgames. Buy any other dungeon crawler, you'll probably get a better game for half the price.
>>
>>50632212
THERE ARE AS MANY ELVES AS THE PLOT DEMANDS
-Gav Thorpe

There was always infinite land and no real stakes, but before it was up to the players whether there really are or not.
Now, its outright canon that lands are "near-infinite" and that most of everywhere just just Chaos Wastes with roving bands of Chaos cavemen and the odd Dwarf Fortress.
>>
>>50632319
Well, it is better and a bit more complex than it was before. I never said it was good.
Its an actual game, albeit a pretty mediocre one. Before it was more simple than Candy Land.
>>
>>50632212
>>50632369
Fictional Wars are ficitonal.

In the old world at least it appeared as if there were consequences, in age of sigmar there is none of that.

One thing i could see AoS doing is having something of a frontier feel, with the world beeing ruled by chaos, you could do campaigns where order and destruction (and posisbly deaht) players reclaim some of that land and build independant kingdoms, then maybe advance to defending these and have something of a more coherent thing to fight over.

but the problem is that AoS makes all their factions into capeshit.
They all just materialize and then leave again, or rampage through and then leave again, none of the faction realy have any reason to stay anywhere let alone any need to.

Why cant Storm manlets settle somewhere with a retinue? Of course they are almost irreplaceabel so they cant go recruting from local stock like space mariens can.
Why cant LIzardmen reseed lustria somewhere in the mortal realms?
Why must "fyreslayers", what a retarded name, be mercenaries only?
I guess itll be up to "Aelves" or whatever.

Its just that nothing in this setting realy supports your dudes or anything to fight over, all the factions exist only for fighting. Not war, fighting, theres a difference, war includes misery, the Empire in WHFB showed that niceley, so did the empire in 40k, in Sigmar its just "Fighting". Fightign and then leaving to go to the next fight.
>>
>>50632369
Sure, there was always the illusion of the stakes being higher than they were because GW was writing a setting where there was always war going on all the time. However, lands ruined by Chaos or magic could not be replaced and that gave it the pretence of having a value as a limited resource. Land as a resource in Age of Sigmar is entierly inflated because there is no sense of scale.

It's like if we had infinite money. It would become worthless as a resource.
>>
>>50632473
>Why must "fyreslayers", what a retarded name, be mercenaries only?
Well, they can be something else. But only if they swear an Oath.

They've taken on the mantle of High Elves where they give no fucks about anyone else and only help when convenient. Plus the Dwarfy Oath thing added on.

From what we've seen, the "Aelves" are virtually unchanged other than what they have absorbed from each other and the Eldar. Like apparently High Elves also have Wood Elf Mistweaver themes now, and Dark Elves are also kind of like the Lothern navies too.
>>
>>50632473
>>50632576
I think the thing is that those of us who liked Warhammer wanted something that could work as Total War. Sure the numbers are ridiculous and don't make sense, but you have a map and you have imagined stakes until told otherwise.

AoS gave us Bastion/Kingdom Hearts. Everything is undefined, and all we know is what we're told that can change in the future.
>>
>>50632473
>Why cant Storm manlets settle somewhere with a retinue?

They're not made to settle, but to fight.
You could have them garrison places, but they're not supposed to be ordinary folk.

>Why cant LIzardmen reseed lustria somewhere in the mortal realms?

They're all dead and Slann prefer space.

>Why must "fyreslayers", what a retarded name, be mercenaries only?

They don't have to be mercenaries. Their lore is replete with them founding new homes across the mortal realms.
>>
>>50632609
The hook of AoS as a setting is that it has an ongoing story. I myself have no interest in reading something that's ongoing for several years. I rather just have the frameworks of a setting and make up my own stories. I also don't care for any of the major characters that is represented in AoS because I rather read an underdog story than a superhero story.
>>
>>50632652
>You could have them garrison places, but they're not supposed to be ordinary folk.
Which is unfortunately why many of us don't really like them much.

Its more fun to have an idea of civilians, or at least some life other than being a warrior. Empire men screw hookers and go to the tavern, Skaven have complex politics, Elves practice art, Dwarfs conduct clan affairs and mind/make trinkets.

Generally if someone wants something with no life other than war, they look to Warriors or greenskins. It kind of makes Stormcast redundant.

They probably should have played up a more Valhalla approach to Stormcast, mentioned Sigmar conducting feasts in his city with the Stormcast as guests of honor, had mention of the songs they learn and sing, or had them interact with their ordinary human companions to establish characterization of named Stormcasts and the different Stormhosts.

Even Space Marines have a culture outside just a one paragraph summary of how moody or prideful they are, and Warriors of Chaos have very personal backstories. Once you become a Sigmarine, you're pretty much only a Sigmarine. Your backstory is no longer important and you don't do much except spar, fight, and die. Without the humor that Orcs provide either.
>>
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Spire_of_Dawn

That was fast. Without any of the usual 1d4chan bullshit too.
>>
>>50632785
At least Space Marines can go renegade or fall to Chaos.
>>
>>50632816
It seems Chaos can fall to Sigmar. Then Sigmar falls to Chaos, then Chaos becomes Sigmar.
>>
>>50632785
That's all stuff that comes with time.
The Ultramarines weren't always the Ultramarines, they need time to evolve.
>>
>>50632847
Even from the earliest days of modern 40k lore, all of the legions had something going for them. Every primarch had a defined character, every legion had their own traditions and ambitions, and actual lore and story was put into space marines as individuals.
>>
>>50632609
Well yeah i guess, it makes sense when its a setting about war.
And its not just the stakes but the machinery behidn the war. One of the best thing with "your dudes" is that you imagine where they come from, what they fight for, who and what made their tools of war, how they were mustered, how it is to be a dude in "your dudes".

With a very nebulously designed setting "your dudes" are just some other dudes with a fancier colour scheme, thats not what i want to paint miniatures for.

>>50632652
I am aware of those things, i am asking why they are so badly designed. Even space marines have more ties to anyhting than Storm manlets.
I know they are supposed to be more relateable as people but their "Only fighting" mentality makes that a chore.

>Slann

And what is space? The lore is all over the place. On one hand, all the lizardmen are summoned automatons, on the other hand they got names and they keep trophys from other battles, they arent summoned from thin air either, they come from constelations, what are those constelations? are they literaly stars? Is each lizardman a star? Are there cities under the stars? Do they live on their space ships? The lore is incredibly vague and inconsistent on thsoe things and it makes em less and less relateable. And thats a race that was never relateable to begin with.
And lets face it, Slann were always the least approachable of the lizardbros. With Skinks beeing the most Human, because theyve had cities to run and jobs to do.

>>50632785
>Vahalla Stormcasts

I could get behind that.
Maybe have the "IG" equivalent faction of them basically aspire to die in battle and become them? (Well technically snatched away before they die) That could be a realy cool motivator, and also them watching over their people "in death" or after ascencion would put them closer to space manlets.

>>50632847
>ultramarines needed time to devolve

So you need to deliberatley make something unrelateable to make it relateable again?
>>
File: c1997usafbp0084-00.jpg (100KB, 874x1200px) Image search: [Google]
c1997usafbp0084-00.jpg
100KB, 874x1200px
Alright GW, I know you have spies in this thread.

I've played your Total War game. Now I'm willing to convert to Dwarf. Bring back some of the old models as Made To Order, and you'll get my money. Thorgrim especially.

Or Skull Pass like you're doing Island Of Blood here. I'd buy that. Just keep including square bases.
>>
File: 1416707707737.jpg (27KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1416707707737.jpg
27KB, 400x400px
>>50632800

>possibly suggesting they plan to cater to those who switched to The 9th Age.

Oh, the delusion
>>
>>50632881
>Even from the earliest days of modern 40k lore, all of the legions had something going for them.

I know you believe that, but it's incorrect.
The Ultramarines weren't even originally a first founding chapter.

The various Stormhost have the beginning of identities. The Hammers of Sigmar are the golden boys, the Hallowed Knights are the holy guys, the Anvils are the grim ones etc.

Now they now just need history, that being real genuine history and history in fluff.
>>
AoS just doesn't have enough mud and grit to it.
>>
>>50632956
I'm not talking about the Ultramarines specifically. Look back at the early Rogue Trader times even. Every chapter had at least some basic lore beyond "we're grim!" or "we're holy!'
>>
>>50632946
Its a fair point. There's no other reason to include square bases, and it makes sense to try and cash in on someone else's work.

Like all the times they put 40k memes into the continuity.
>>
>>50633056
They could also also be including it for people who still play WHFB.
>>
Fuck, this box really wants me to start Age of Sigmar.... Is the game any good at this point?
Looking at some batreps while writing this.
>>
>>50633026
>I'm not talking about the Ultramarines specifically.

I know, it's just an example. As solid as you think 40k lore is now, it didn't start that way.

>Every chapter had at least some basic lore beyond "we're grim!" or "we're holy!'

No, not really.
Chapters really only began to express character when they got their own individual codexes.

The Stormhosts will get the similar as more is written about them. The Astral Templars for example, are supposed to be going savage from being in Ghur. They fight bare headed and wear animal skins. They're moving beyond generic.
>>
>>50633080
Same difference, right? They're cashing in on people who aren't playing AoS and are continuing with Fantasy or house/tourneyruled Fantasy.
>>
>>50633109
The General's Handbook includes scenarios, alternate rules and a point system.
>>
>>50633109
Its not terrible.

There's just not very much complexity compared to most wargames. To some people that's a plus, to others it isn't. I prefer square base games with a lot of maneuvering finesse but I wouldn't hate playing AoS.

Its just the lore. The lore is the sticking point for me and a lot of other people.
>>
>>50633135
I've heard complaints of "everything hits on 4+" basically.
Is there good balance and variety in the armies? how is the meta?
>>
>>50633132
They might also just be sitting on a lot of square bases they don't need.
>>
>>50633147
Which they can sell individually.

They're giving them away for free with a new starter set instead. I mean, if you look at the IoB you're actually getting twice the bases and the same amount of stuff otherwise for less money.
>>
>>50633125
I guess I can't argue. Regardless of opinion, I just hope Sigmar improves.

also gets more popular
>>
>>50633146
>Good balance
No. But it is perfectly playable.
>>
>>50632585
>what they have absorbed from each other and the Eldar
Like, shuriken catapaults and shit?
>>
>>50633350
GW games has for the most part always been terrible with balance.
>>
>>50633371
Aesthetics. The new Aelf models with Silver Tower were our first look at the new design, and both look like Eldar. A Farseer for the High Elf Mistweaver and a male Wych for the Dark Elf Assassin.
>>
>>50633401
Whyches aesthetics are based on WHFB Witch Elves.
>>
>>50633146
There is definitely variety. Just not anything in the realm of good balance or game design as people have pointed out.
>>
>>50633401
>A Farseer for the High Elf Mistweaver

I don't see it. The mirror mask is more Dark Eldar.
>>
>>50633422
Yeah, but the look of the ST one looked very much like the Dark Eldar variation than the Witch Elf one.
>>
>>50633459
It just seems like Witch Elves 2.0 to me.
>>
>>50632277
>still have some of those amazon heads in my Guard

Good old days of next to no 3rd party production...

But yeah, 8th wasn't so great. Too much lol randum rules, huge infantry blocks and monsters, etc. I lost all interest. Moving massive squares across the table was shit. I liked games where you could bring a little bit of everything and they all filled a role. 8th made short work of running small units, since they really couldn't do shit. 5 fast cavalry on the flank didn't mean anything. You put everything into maximizing attacks, which meant 10 wide ranks for Horde bonus and at least 4 ranks per unit, that's 40 model units. Big units were emphasized in that even if you killed 49 models out of a 50 model unit, that one model meant the unit was still alive, where as killing one 10 model unit out of five such units scored you a point.

Lucky for me, there's still old fats who like to play 5e-7e WHFB, so I can always get a game with my armies.
>>
>>50628945
how do you shill for a dead game?
>>
>>50633685
With necromancy?
>>
>>50633217
>Which they can sell individually.
And they have been selling them individually, but nobody has been buying them. So they gotta get rid of them in something. They can't melt them down and recycle them into round bases.
>>
all these ESLs arguing
>>
>>50632243
>Those are some damn fine High Elf sculpts,
Nope.
>>50633109
>Is the game any good at this point?
Nah, it's kind of damaged child of 40k and Warmachiune hatesex for 8+ kids
>>
>>50633685
>how do you shill for a dead game?
Not for game, for box
>>
>>50633125
>They're moving beyond generic.
They are still immortal paladins.
>>
>>50632800
Wow, GW IDF is pretty quick these days.
>>
>>50633109
Outside of the AoS General thread, you are going to get negative reactions.

Within the AoS General they will tell you to give it a shot and that there is more to it than initially meets the eye.

So mostly in this thread you are going to get shit about it.
>>
>>50637448
How so? I don't seen any GW dicksucking there.
>>
>>50637599
Who the fuck else would make the new page so quickly?
>>
>Warhammer was nothing special in the '80 as well!

Yea, but world certainly was developed, even mature, for two decades, and I liked that world.

If you say that AoS has potential to be developed after few decades, while now it is a bland high-fantasy world (that got rid of WHFB gritty, interesting and unique 1600' aesthetic and concentrates on so-much-centerpiece-characters) with awfuly named factions, you may be right. But I doubt there will be many of Fantasy fans there to see. I have better things to do, than wait decades for product to be fixed.

Also, seeing how BL autors went from cosy, if simplistic, Bill King to Primarch soap-opera 40 book bloat... Chances of development for this world, one that cannot even have locations and nations, all that stuff that gives fantasy worlds their simplest flavour since Conan, are slim. You will get soap opera starring oiled god of fitness.
>>
>>50637639
If thats the case, why is it that most of Age doesn't have pages? If you look at the recent pages it looks like someone made the page for Island of Blood then made the page for Spire as an after thought.
>>
>>50633472
>It just seems like Witch Elves 2.0 to me.
Progressive Witch Elves, without any sexualization of women.
>>
>>50637905
Don't lie, it finds equality by sexualizing men. Wanna see a cleft, you gotta see a rod too.
>>
>>50637737
>Two decades

Even longer. The Enemy Within was '80s yet it was most part WH we knew until last year. Of course it went of track in the last book, but you know, it was little concern as it was just a RPG splatbook, and they have to keep some place for player characters.
>>
>>50638205
>Don't lie, it finds equality by sexualizing men.
And making unattractive transgenders with male arms in burqa
>>
>>50626079

If I could find someone interested in playing Skaven I may give this a shot, even as an old WHFB grognard...Since its cheap as hell ($40 if you go in on it with someone in the US)

Heard the rules got a bit better.
>>
>>50638898
>Heard the rules got a bit better
Nope Kevin, your rules aren't better.
>>
>>50628879
>AoS plyer
>cooperating with anyone
top kek.
You couldn't shill harder, aren't?
>>
>>50638260
>implying Alarielle is unattractive
M8, I will crush you between my thighs.
>>
>>50640773
>I love giant transgender in hijab
Eternal Anglo, Eternal Anglo never changes
>>
>>50626079
It's the same price and same shit as when it came out first, nothing really new.
>>
>>50641434
It's nice for me because I wanted the models but can't find cheap or new ones on ebay.
>>
Says it's "sold out". Was this really a limited stock thing? Why would they even bother?
>>
>>50641703
>Why would they even bother?
To clear the stock.
>>
>>50641434
Did the original retail for $80 as well?
>>
>>50641703
They will fufill it again. It's not a limited run thing. They are just having a hard time keeping up with demand.
>>
>>50637737
>But I doubt there will be many of Fantasy fans there to see
and nothing of value was lost
>>
>>50641434
Dude it's £50 in Bongland, it wasn't that price when it was released, this is like 6E starter levels of cost effectiveness.
>>
>>50637737
Dwarf player here.

Everything you said was hilariously wrong considering our titular book character ran around being Warhammer Kratos and eventually became a god.

Fyreslayers may not be the best model wise or rules wise, but their fluff was fucking great, detailing a cultural system heavily based on Patriarchal ideas and a rigid religious system just as indepth and with as much character as the 30 fucking years of Dawi fluff.

All that Age of Sigmar misses is scope, It needs landscape to attach to so a narrative can form more than nebulous realms, but I think that's the idea, GW want you to make "Your guys" have "Their place"
>>
>>50644015
>but their fluff was fucking great,
Sure, super-magic supersoldiers are very attractive for kids.
>GW want you to make "Your guys" have "Their place"
Yes by making them totally irrelevant.
>>
>>50644053
>Super magic supersoldiers
>Fyreslayers

Thanks for not understanding at all Slavposter.
>>
>>50644191
>dwarves wearing WoW-size weapon, who living in lava-plane, who can walk and fight anywhere totally naked aren't supermagic supersoldiers
>>
>>50644191
Dude, why bother? You are literally arguing with a retard. It will get you nowhere. He's gets high off the (You)s, that's the only reason he's posting. He doesn't care about either side of the argument, only that knowing when he says certain things, he gets replies.
>>
>>50644015
>and with as much character as the 30 fucking years of Dawi fluff.
Then why they don't have any of them in game, and why they all looks the same?
>>
>>50644015
i haven't read much fyreslayer fluff, could you tell me what they do when they are not fighting?
>>
>>50644434
What were the dwarves of warhammer doing when they werent fighting?

Mining, fucking, trying to restore their civilization to its former glory. Convoluted politics. Training for fighting. Hoarding.

Same thing, except the fyreslayers are more successful at it. They split off all the time and found new fyrds. They are constantly seeking ur-gold, which doesnt ALWAYS come from fighting, but commonly does. They are a society with the military at the forefront and center, so when they arent fighting, they are preparing for it. Their goal is to seek out a special kind of gold which is said to be from the shattered Grimnir. By gathering this gold, they hammer it into their flesh (literally) and it imbues them with power from their god. So they are mining, fucking, growing their civilizations, some politics among the priesthood, and training for fighting. And hoarding all the ur-gold they can find.
>>
>>50644601
>They are a society with the military at the forefront and center, so when they arent fighting, they are preparing for it.
Funny. since they aren't even full army.
>>
>50644652
And the ignorant idiot reveals himself.
>>
>>50644683
How exactly? Fireslayers have only 2 infantry units and 1 monster.
>>
>>50643904
I was cheap, 50€ or 60€ IIRC, with the rulers, the book and the templates
>>
>>50644601
Also, Because Grimnir died fighting the Mother of All Salamanders, the fate of Fyreslayers and Salamanders is intermixed, and Salamanders eggs can often be found among seams of Ur-Gold.

The main thing that makes Fyreslayers interesting as a Dwarf sub-type is their political ideology.

Fyreslayers are ruled by their patriarch Kings, who sires a group of princes who either inherent the Fyrd or split off to found their own. The cultural reliance on Ur-Gold also tests Fyreslayers, as the runic additions to their bodies can be both cataclysmically destructive in body or can become addictive. As such, their priest caste hold the keys to the Faults of Ur-Gold and offer a political counterpoint to the Patriarchy.
>>
>>50644820
>Fyreslayers are ruled by their patriarch Kings, who sires a group of princes who either inherent the Fyrd or split off to found their own. The cultural reliance on Ur-Gold also tests Fyreslayers, as the runic additions to their bodies can be both cataclysmically destructive in body or can become addictive. As such, their priest caste hold the keys to the Faults of Ur-Gold and offer a political counterpoint to the Patriarchy.
So they just like all other dwarves, but instead of usual gold they seeking for magical gold.
>>
>>50644889
In a way. It's the way it's told. Usually Dwarves have the whole "Gold lust" as their downside foible and their rigid clan system as a way of family ties.

Fyreslayers use those to tell it a different way, with Lodges more akin to native Americans than Norse Clans and with the Gold lust being an addictive drug not simple greed.

Like I said, they're dwarves, but they have their own culture based on the same themes.

It also helps they seem more like a Greek Aesthetic than Nordic/Saxon Dwarves, so they provide a good alternative.
>>
>>50644820
I forgot the eggs are found near seems of ur-gold. That's another good point. This is why the magmadroths are the choice mount of fyreslayer royalty.

>>50644889
There's much more to it than just that, but on the surface, yes.
>>
>>50644942
I like how >>50644929
Says, they're basically Hellenic Dwarves.
>>
>>50644929
>with Lodges more akin to native Americans
How exactly?
>and with the Gold lust being an addictive drug not simple greed.
That's pretty common thing for dwarves since Fafnir story.
>but they have their own culture
How it's their own culture, if it repeats the all other dwarves?
>more like a Greek Aesthetic
Excuse me, but where the fuck they have Greek Aesthetic?
>>50644942
>There's much more to it than just that,
Such as..?
>>
>>50644984
>Such as..?
Have you actually been reading our posts? Because we are not going to type the same stuff over and over again for you to keep denying it.

Damnit, I keep falling for the bait. I need to stop. I know it's just bait. But It's so hard to ignore it.
>>
>>50644984
>Excuse me, but where the fuck they have Greek Aesthetic

Some of their beard designs, Helms and Loincloth, very much in the Hellenic Aesthetics.

I'm not saying they're ONLY Hellenic, but it is there.
>>
>>50645020
Dude, it's the Slav warmachine troll. He doesn't care about the argument since he jumps back and forth to anything that gives him (You). His bad English and unchanging posting style is a dead give away and yet you guys just kep feeding him and not even noticing how his points and positions are fluid as fuck.
>>
>>50645020
>Have you actually been reading our posts?
Yes I read it and didn't find any signs of their "own culture".
>Some of their beard designs
Well, Greeks mostly weared very short beards and red colour wasn't common for them.
>Loincloth
How exactly they are Hellenic Aesthetics
>>
>>50645054
I do notice how he completely ignores answers and explanation to his questions and recounts the issues without taking any previous posts into consideration at all.

I need to remember that If I do reply, I should delete one of the > from the link.
>>
>>50629469
>>50629381
The way you greentext is annoying a fuck you klutz.
>>
>>50645085
Yep, that's his still. People debunked him countless times but he just ignores it and deflects just to keep going and get (You). He does this in every thread and even in /vg/'s Total War threads where he is Pro-AoS to annoy people there.

Best option is to ignore him and alert people to what he is. Don't let the cancer spread.
>>
>>50644889
Magic gold drives them insane over time

There are incidents of lodges going out and hunting other fyreslayers to rip the urgold out of their flesh.

There are also very subtle hints that the priesthood was/is influenced by the dawi zharr
>>
>>50645081
Fuck off warmaslav retard
>>
>>50645185
>Magic gold drives them insane over time
So just as usual greed in shitton of fantasy settings.
>There are incidents of lodges going out and hunting other fyreslayers to rip the urgold out of their flesh.
Since when wars between dwarves became new thing?
>>50645213
>stop asking the question what I cannot answer
>>
>>50645248
>>
>>50645274
>I can't make an argument so I will resort to name calling, the post
>>
>>50626079
I think there's no point, only like two people at my LGS play AoS, and they barely show up as they're the only ones they have to play against.

Also, I gotta say, whenever I do see them playing, I can't help but notice that the old WHFB models and the new AoS range look utterly ill-suited to one another when on the same board, like they're cut together from two totally different settings. Not aesthetic at all.

I could never play such an ugly game.
>>
>>50645288
>>
>>50645213
>>50645274
>>50645332
Interesting that you'd bring up Warmahordes, since it succeeded where AoS has failed miserably.

It debuted with a fully fleshed out, fully developed world where the names on the map actual meant something, and there was a sense of consequence and loss/gain when the story moved forward and things changed.

AoS seems to be trying to mimic the moving narrative of Warmahordes, but it's forgotten to make anything important or developed enough for the people reading this stuff to be involved in their fortunes. The realms are limitless, with vague, shifting geography, so no conquest or loss has any meaning, and there is no sense of a living, breathing setting beyond the faceless hordes of warriors that pose on its book covers. Anything not directly involved in the eternal metal cover wars between Chaos and Order is described in extreme generalities, leaving nothing for the reader to really care about, and the fluff often strains itself in an effort to make old WHFB models relevant. It all feels very contrived, coming off as a jarring jigsaw-puzzle of a setting that is constantly being scrambled and put together again in order to make up reasons why old stuff that has no real reason to exist can be played.

>w-why are there witch elves in a setting without Naggaroth or Khaine or any of the cultural baggage that resulted in them. Uhh, um, well there are, like, these cults in Azyr, and like, yeah, I know they don't suit the feel or aesthetic of the city, b-but they're totally there
>>
>>50645519
Not him but it isn't a dig at warhordes. This troll originally got triggered by people saying that they prefer WHFB over Warmahordes in one of the /WHFB/ threads during the End Times thing. So he spent his time trolling WHFB/AoS threads or related threads.

That's why he is called the warmacine slav shitposter.
>>
>>50645618
>. This troll originally got triggered by people saying that they prefer WHFB over Warmahordes in one of the /WHFB/ threads during the End Times thing.
Ammm... what? They guy who you calling the troll here. During the ET I just mentioned Warmachine indiscussion about how to evade plot stagnation without blowing the planet.
>>
File: Slavtroll.png (28KB, 1811x291px) Image search: [Google]
Slavtroll.png
28KB, 1811x291px
>>50645618
And here is one the earlier shitposting threads. His topic of the day was that Karl Franz is a generic paladin.

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/38669999/#38670931

Notice the similarity in posting styles?
>>
>>50646350
Well yeah in ET Karl Franz (well Sigmar actually) acted exactly as generic paladin.
>>
>>50646350
Mate, he's right, End Times fluff was abysmal, just like AoS fluff.
>>
>>50646526
Except he wasn't talking about ET specifically. He was saying that Karl Franz character was a generic paladin.
>>
>>50646602
>He was saying that Karl Franz character was a generic paladin.
So the next thing you will said that if someone talking bad about sigmarines this person just hates all miniatures?
>>
File: Slavtroll.png (21KB, 712x235px) Image search: [Google]
Slavtroll.png
21KB, 712x235px
>>50646526
>>50646602
If you remain unconvinced, here he is in /vg/ doing a 180.
>>
>>50646969
Forgot to post the link

https://boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/149162409/#149232963
>>
>>50626079
>square ones
objectively worse in ever way. Its fine if you nostalgic and don't like change tho
>>
>>50650982
File and rank. Rings a bell? That's what I thought.
>>
>>50632277
I wish I could get those new. :(
>>
>>50643904
It was $110 US I think.
>>
>>50646969
>here he is in /vg/ doing a 180
Yeah, only 1 person making the posts about AoS success and it's troll, not AoS p!ayer.
>>
>>50646350
>>50646969
Looks like the same autismo writing pattern to me.
>>
>>50653005
>autismo
Dude it's not something which is in common for all fa/tg/uys.
>>
File: 3.png (21KB, 339x345px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
21KB, 339x345px
>>50626079

It comes with square and round bases.
>>
File: 16.jpg (40KB, 480x606px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
40KB, 480x606px
>>50627792

Nagger...

I've been on /pol/ too long...
>>
I really enjoyed 7ed even with its clear focus on wizards.

It was really focused around big bad generals and wizards, where every unit was basically there to hold down big blocks of dudes while your heroes cleaved through them. Games felt very satisfying.

Daemons of Chaos were unbelievably broken, but everything was more or less balanced.

8ed tried to break away from it, adding a huge randomness factor to magic, and clipping most of the magic item toolkit from armies. That's also when they shifted power to rare and special units, and inflated the cost of kits by an absorbent amount.

I ran an all-cav WoC army, as well as a chariot/artillary Goblin army and I had the most fun charging in and blowing up monsters on turn 2.

I have yet to play a game of AoS. AoS killed the WHFB scene here, and there were about 15-20 guys playing at one point.
>>
>>50656936
>I ran an all-cav WoC army, as well as a chariot/artillary Goblin army and I had the most fun charging in and blowing up monsters on turn 2.
Well, from one side it's pretty easy in AoS, you just roll 3+ to hit anything, from the other side moving of large units of infantry or cavalry are main in the ass.
>>
>>50653313
I dunno. I think this guy is an apex autismo.
>>
>>50656936
6th was better. Shame some sucky army book.

Thornton buttraped elves.
>>
>>50645519
Europe is full of people who don't fit the culture or aesthetics of the cities.
>>
>>50626079
Fantasy Battle is dead and you should deal with it
>>
>>50663317
WHFB is and will always be the greatest.
>>
>>50663317
Lincoln is dead and Drumpf and Obongo are alive.

Your point?
>>
>>50663317
Why don't you join it?
>>
File: life is pain.png (894KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
life is pain.png
894KB, 1024x1024px
>tfw you have dozens of models for different WHFB armies still nib in your backlog
>tfw you will never play WHFB again
>tfw you like the idea of round bases
>tfw you hate the idea of buying new bases
>tfw you have zero interest in AoS
>tfw you don't want to change the bases on your painted army
>tfw you don't know what to do with the rest of your models
>tfw even if you wanted to sell them they're pretty much worthless now
>>
>>50663234
And looks what happening to them.
>>
>>50663317
WHFB was never even particularly good, just let it die.
There's so much better out there now, stop being GW drones.
>>
>>50636705
>They can't melt them down and recycle them into round bases.
[citation needed]
>>
>>50666738
Do you really think that melting plastic and reshaping it would be cost effective?
>>
>>50636705
>but nobody has been buying them
I know a lot of people that have been buying them to rebase their old armies.

Not just in AOS, a lot of people bought 32mm bases for their space marines on 25mm.

I keep telling them to buy bulk off ebay but they won't listen.
>>
>>50666769
recycling is cheaper than making new stuff.
wether or not you can just granulate old stuff and make new stuff out of it depends on the plastic, but in principle yes, it's possible and it's cheaper.
>>
Reminder that AoS plays smoother than 8th ed with less retarded power spikes or single gamewinning spells.

AoS is what everyone who wasnt autistic wanted and they got it and theyre happy. Why arent you happy /tg/? Cant find enough people to play 8th ed with to reassure you your opinion is right?
>>
>>50668254
Eh, I wanted something closer to 6'th or 7'th edition. I would prefer to be playing Kings of War if there was any local interest for it.
>>
>>50633145
> movement finesse
> in 8th.
Bitch please. All strategy fucking dropped from WHFB when they when full money grab with hordes, and supercharged magic.
8th was either one huge block bunkering your mega mage, or a gunline of cannons with 2 fast cav March blockers or helicopters, or a meatbus just blowing forward. Let not pretend it was all finesse and brilliant feints.
>>
>>50668698
That's what Kings of War is.
>>
>>50666336
Throw them all in a fire and go learn an instrument or something. A hobby should not make you this miserable anon.
Thread posts: 248
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.