[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Modern setting with demons. >Demons either fuck with your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

>Modern setting with demons.
>Demons either fuck with your head through subliminal messages through whatever they possess, or try to trick or tempt you into playing a typically life risking game. If you do end up playing it, you have to finish it. Period.
>They do this by possessing a object of some form, usually destroying the demon could be done with just burning the object it's in. However now that the internet is a thing, we have Tron demons and now burnings don't work because they can just download into new hardware.
>Anti-demon firewalls exist, but are expensive due to this being new shit.

What are some ways a modern society can handle a demonic problem other than "anti-demon firewalls", what are some ways you could use these things for terrorism? What would be some ways to handle it on a tight budget?
>>
File: Server-blessing-Poland[1].jpg (161KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
Server-blessing-Poland[1].jpg
161KB, 1000x665px
>>50621248
Eastern Orthodoxy got you covered senpai
>>
File: Slavic Priest.jpg (269KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Slavic Priest.jpg
269KB, 1080x720px
>>50622301
I love pictures of Eastern Orthodox priests and anything resembling them.
>>
File: PA-17755123[1].jpg (78KB, 650x453px) Image search: [Google]
PA-17755123[1].jpg
78KB, 650x453px
>>50622316
>>50622301
>>
>>50622316
That's literally a cleric casting buffs on them.
>>
File: blessing1[1].jpg (142KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
blessing1[1].jpg
142KB, 660x495px
>>50622337
When the demon apocolypse comes, Russia is gonna be fucking ready senpai
>>
>>50622301
>Pope blessed supercomputers helping to handle the demon problem.
>Tfw, no cute datangel waifu.
>>
>>50622393
Join the priesthood and you can get yours. The orthodoxy let their priests marry, y'know.
>>
>>50621248
>try to trick or tempt you into playing a typically life risking game. If you do end up playing it, you have to finish it. Period.

What is the life risking game? Is it different for each demon or does it depend on what they possess? Are they pulling some "Red" bullshit?
>>
In my game I went with the whole "demons are stuck in biblical times" angle. They keep trying to make payments in gold and myrrh, unaware of modern threats and just generally stick out as a sore thumb. They are also completely retarded. Yes, they are insanely cunning, manipulative and dangerous but they all act like cocaine fiends on a powertrip, because the feeling of possession is just THAT good. They will always want more and act like extreme risk-taking sociopaths.
>>
>>50621248
Where do I get that Tron ghost rider, breh?
>>
White-hat hackers would have to be ordained by the church, so that they could perform software exorcisms.

Man, this whole scenario gives "malware" a new meaning.
>>
>>50621248
Viral exorcisms. Some devout programmer just creates a worm-style virus that grows and spreads independently through networks. It's only job is to run a subroutine that causes the computer to periodically read a digitized exorcism ritual, causing the demon pain and casting it out if it is weakened enough in the process.

A few years ago I hit on the idea of a viral anti-virus, but I was too lazy to work out how to keep it continually updating and effective without it becoming a space/memory hog (and thus worse than the viruses it was protecting from. Then I lost interest. But the concept is sound.
>>
File: 2015-01-20-354.png (78KB, 1024x510px) Image search: [Google]
2015-01-20-354.png
78KB, 1024x510px
>>50621248

You have basically described Ian McConville's "Jo" character in a nutshell.
>>
File: 2015-01-27-355.png (84KB, 1024x510px) Image search: [Google]
2015-01-27-355.png
84KB, 1024x510px
>>50626027

http://www.threepanelsoul.com/comic/search/jo
>>
>>50621248
Make an app for it.
>>
>>50622420
You gotta get married before you become priest, that's the only catch.
>>
>>50622553
>does it depend on what they possess? Are they pulling some "Red" bullshit?
Yes and yes. Better hope they don't make you play a children's card game.
>>
>>50622301
>>poland
>>eastern orthodox
Americans stop posting.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.