[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So for Dawn of War 3 the only we seem to be getting all the "old"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 303
Thread images: 44

File: 545646164516451.png (3MB, 2240x1260px) Image search: [Google]
545646164516451.png
3MB, 2240x1260px
So for Dawn of War 3 the only we seem to be getting all the "old" characters back Gabe,Jonah,Gorgutz, and Macha

Where the fuck are my Blood Raven boys though?

Hairgel and Thaddeus apparently tricked into going on some crusade

Cyrus still about muh scouts or went back to Death Watch for reasons

Tarkus Captain of the 4th company?

Thule either dead or still wont tell us what happened on Kronus

Diomedies said he cant serve the chapter how he used to or something honestly I could see him being Chaplain now

Avitus was the cannon traitor

Martellus was always kinda meh so eh whatever
>>
>>50620821
Just watched some DoW III videos, and info about orks will come out next week.
About other Blood Ravens, no idea.
>>
>>50620845

Well orks never disappoint I wonder if Bluddflag and Gorgutz are in for a team up
>>
What's the appeal of Blood Ravens anyway
>>
>>50621313

Loyalist Thousand Sons and basically pretty cool guys in their ranks.

plus the color scheme of red with bone pauldrons is nice
>>
>>50621313
They were just some chapter used for relic to play around with in whatever way without affecting canon the way they might if they'd used dark angels or something.

At this point though, people have played through them in enough games, and they have enough history and good characters behind them for a lot of people to enjoy the chapter, and actually be interested in what happens to them.
>>
>>50621358

and Relic can fuck the gameplay and graphics all they want I just want to know what happens a game with just Jonah and Gabriel will be a huge disappointment
>>
>>50620821
I just hope for my blue weeaboos and their new huge spookum robots to make an appearance somewhere down the line as playables.
>>
>>50621435
I bet Gabe dies
>>
>>50621488

in the IG/Tau DLC

I bet Stubbs and that Tau from DoW 1 comes back
>>
File: Im-The-Captain-Now.jpg (11KB, 478x350px) Image search: [Google]
Im-The-Captain-Now.jpg
11KB, 478x350px
>>50621494

He already died and came back as Chapter Master Jesus already.
>>
>>50621494

I actually never cared for Gabe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT_vcm7eKIc

Thule before the Dreadnought phase was a leader
>>
>>50621541

I posted the wrong one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrHhS5IkRR0
>>
>>50621515
Kais or the other one?
>>
>>50621614
Kais probably

Did the other one even survive?
>>
>>50621614

O'Kais I hate Tau but id say he was a pretty cool commander.

I could see Shadow Sun though sadly
>>
>>50621633

Soul Storm was always kind of fucky but he probably died.

Id just leave it as an IG Victory since Stubbs was the only good general in that god damn DLC
>>
>>50621633
I remember him screaming like a child when his ethereal got zogged, nothing more.
>>
File: varying degrees of oooooh.jpg (116KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
varying degrees of oooooh.jpg
116KB, 700x700px
>>50621586

> So says the slave to the free man

Burns so sick I thought it was plasma.
>>
File: 41519648148547.jpg (4KB, 119x125px)
41519648148547.jpg
4KB, 119x125px
>>50621586

>Do the deaths of yours mean so much to you are you that weak!

>So says the slave to the free man
HOTTEST BURNS THIS SIDE OF NOCTURNE
>>
>>50621634
Yeah, Kais represented a lot of what's good with the Tau. He tried to talk other leaders down, cared for his men's lives, sincerely believed in the Greater Good, and could still kick some serious butt in his stealth suit.

It makes the Tau ending all the more bizarre though, but I guess sterilisation is a lot more merciful than simply death to the populace, like any other faction would have given humans that worked against them.
>>
>>50621515

IG its either Castor or Stubbs

Sturnn is ded apparently
>>
>>50621777
>It makes the Tau ending all the more bizarre though, but I guess sterilisation is a lot more merciful than simply death to the populace, like any other faction would have given humans that worked against them.

That's because the narrator is a Imperial Schoolar, he was obviously biased.
>>
>>50621777
>>50621845
It also makes completely 0 sense because the whole reason the Tau want more planets is because more population

It would make more sense for them to relocate the human settlers to the interior of their Empire, resettle the planet with Tau, and forcibly raise the rebellious humans children as Wards of the state - resettling them after a generation or two once they had become loyal members of the Empire
>>
>>50621777

>It makes the Tau ending all the more bizarre though, but I guess sterilisation is a lot more merciful than simply death to the populace

People still think that imperial propaganda is true eh?
>>
File: TauRitual.jpg (275KB, 1220x710px)
TauRitual.jpg
275KB, 1220x710px
>>
>>50621845
>>50621934
>>50621947

WAKE UP IMPERIALS
>>
File: c8c.jpg (62KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
c8c.jpg
62KB, 680x680px
>He isn't playing Soulstorm with Ultimate Apocalypse + Tyranid + Grey Knights + Chaos Daemons + Adeptus Titanicus mods

Literally wuuuut
>>
>>50622006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4csrtUHiRYc
>>
File: 1317777873883.jpg (74KB, 882x882px) Image search: [Google]
1317777873883.jpg
74KB, 882x882px
Inb4:

>Blood ravens squads lined up pre battle, all at attention, listening to their captain.
"Brothers, we have a new dreadnaught to serve along side us, he is a veteran of many wars, his experience knows no bounds."
>Creaking of aged, distraught, thrice blessed metal as huge bay doors open.
>The ever imposing yet holy outline of a dreadnaught fills much of the space.
>The only sound is the heavy pneumatic stomping of the behemoth walking out into daylight for the first time in centuries.
>Silence falls as the ancient machine's cox equipment is activated for the first time.
Truly what veteran inhabits this sarcophagus?!
>...

"BATTLE BROTHERS!! SPEHSS MAHRENS TODAY THE ENEMY IS AT OUR DOOR"

>the perfectly assembled lines of the emperor's finest marines, of the blood raven chapter falters.

" WE KNOW OUR DUTY AND WE WILL DO IT!!!!1!1!1!! WE FIGHT FOR AHR HONARH AS BLOOD RAVEHNS"

>the newer initiates are screaming, clutching their ears, the older veterans and trembling in pure, unadulterated fear.

"IF WE DIE THIS DEH WE DIE WITH HONOUR, IN GLORY.,WE DIE HEROE'S DEATHS!! "

>The dreadnaught states out at the fleeing scattered crowd of once proud super humans, reduced to gibbering simpletons.

"BUHT NO!!!! IT IS THE ENEMEH WHO WILL TASTE DEATH AND DEFEAT!"

>The captain, veteran of centuries of combat is on his knees, clawing at his face.

'H-he was just a story, a horror tale to scare the initiates, he can't be real!'

"AS YEW KNOWH..."

>The armoured tomb creaks as it directs its gaze upwards, before pointing a stubby assault cannon vertically up.

"MOST OF AWH BRUTHAS ARE POSITIONED IN SPECIES!!!! 1!"

>One recruit grabs another by the collar, bleeding from his eyes and ears.

'We Fucking came from orbit ten minutes ago, of course we know we were in space AAAARGGGG!!'

And on that day Boreale was responsible for the death of a second entire company.

please have boreale in dow 3,I don't care how much canon it breaks
>>
>>50620821
WHERE'S DA KAPTIN BLUDFLAGG? GREEN IZ DA BEST!
>>
File: 260997_1225951116_large.jpg (258KB, 1152x741px) Image search: [Google]
260997_1225951116_large.jpg
258KB, 1152x741px
>>50620821
>Hairgel and Thaddeus apparently tricked into going on some crusade
Their whereabouts post-Chaos Rising were and are unknown. Penance crusade ending was never confirmed or implied to be canon.

>Diomedies said he cant serve the chapter how he used to or something
That could be interpreted in two ways: either he abandoned his old rank, or he's still HG Captain but no longer the Political Animalâ„¢ he was under Kyras.

>>50621633
Or'es'Ka's death was confirmed in several factions' campaigns.
>Their commander and their false saint were slain. Canoness Agna took their skulls as offerings to the Emperor and tokens of her devotion.
>>
>>50622773
I thought Hairgel became captain of 4th company or something.
That's what happened when I played.
>>
>>50624178

Hairgel apparently got sent on some mission by Kyras but it was a trick to separate the 4th
>>
>>50622006
>game crashes because memory overflow.
no
>>
>>50621586

Thule is insane
>>
File: Jain Zar.jpg (103KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Jain Zar.jpg
103KB, 1280x720px
>>50620821
>Relic before made sure to make up their own named characters so that they wouldn't fuck up 40k lore
>were even allowed to have their own chapter to fuck around with
>Dawn of War III
>now has a fucking Phoenix Lord

I don't exactly mind, but I'm really curious why the sudden change in that regard. I mean they did include Abaddon in II, but only in a really background sort of way.

And I still really don't like how they are handling a lot of the game, so I can't say I'm optimistic about it story wise either. So I'm bracing myself for some lore rape while I'm at it too.
>>
>>50625233
why are the blood ravens so highly prized as a chapter though by Abaddon and Eliphas? Eliphas i can understand, he wants revenge for what happened on kronus, but why does Abaddon want them?
>>
File: TarkusXSidonus.png (267KB, 614x359px) Image search: [Google]
TarkusXSidonus.png
267KB, 614x359px
if good old iron tarkus isn't in the game at all, ill be upset. man what is it with tough, old marines that provide such compelling character design
>>
>>50625281
A whole chapter of mostly psykers would be a good grab if he could corrupt them. It'd mean he wouldn't have to play nice with Magnus and his boys to get some sorcerers for the next Crusade.
>>
>>50625233
GW stopped trying to keep its own narrative straight and adopted the "everything is true and nothing is" policy for their codices, lore, and novels. Nothing that isn't crunch can be said to be 100% certain anymore

It's pretty gay but absolves them of needing to do any curation

>>50625281
Knowing Abaddon, some sort of long con

Perhaps he needs un-mutated thousand son generated for something

Keep in mind Magnus was central to the Emperor's original plans for the golden throne... Maybe he wants to build his own beacon so he can navigate out of the eye without needing to pass Cadoa
>>
File: Profound_Sadness.gif (1004KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Profound_Sadness.gif
1004KB, 500x281px
>>50625302
>tfw there will never be a sequel to Space Marine where Sidonus makes a surprise re-appearance as a dreadnought to save Titus when he needs it most
>>
>>50624952
thule is cule

that's why he's the only one gorgutz didn't outright hate

>And I have room for you under by boot, alien.
>>
>>50625281
he had the opportunity to gain an entire chapter in alleys, it wasn't impossible to believe they could have joined chaos. its literally an option in chaos riseing
>>
File: 19-02-12-yamask.jpg (40KB, 595x600px) Image search: [Google]
19-02-12-yamask.jpg
40KB, 595x600px
>>50625316
>or titus gets to "redeem" himself as a grey knight.
>THERE WILL NEVER BE A "SPACE MARINE 2 :GREY KNIGHT"
>>
>>50625325
My favorite fan theory is that Cato Sicarus is actually Titus in disguise, but Titus doesn't know how to act or lie so he just hams it up because he thinks that is convincing. This is why he constantly reminds others that he is Cato Sicarus. And absolutely not Titus.
>>
>>50625369
titus's apparent immunity to the effects of the warp more likely led him one of two paths, either he's a grey knight/Deathwatch, or he's been treated like every other null and put to work for an inquisitor.
>>
>>50625325
>Grey Knight

Nah, man. Nah. Black Shield in the Deathwatch.
>>
>>50625233
So what are the current bets on the Ork named characters?

Obviously Gorgutz is in since they already said the campaign had him. But I can't really think of something for the other two.

And what's your guess on the secret fourth faction involved in the story? Going by the "weapon" plot they are going with I think it's pretty obvious it will be Chaos or Necron related.

Would be pretty interesting to see Newcrons in a game I suppose, so I would personally go with them.
>>
File: mothafugginstubbs.jpg (499KB, 1250x775px) Image search: [Google]
mothafugginstubbs.jpg
499KB, 1250x775px
>>50621515
>>50621656
>>50621840
Our favorite governor-general is coming back to kick some fish people butt.
>>
>>50625233
Phoenix Lords aren't actually characters per se

Pheonix Lords are simply Exarchs inhabiting special suits of armour that contain the knowledge/experience of all those Exarchs before them, right back to the progenitor of the Aspect. So Phoenix Lords are more like gestalt beings that exists for a time, die, and then remain dead/inert until another worthy Exarch finds their armour and reassumes the mantle of Phoenix Lord.

This Jain Zar is probably not THE Jain Zar, the first Howling Banshee, but rather a Biel'Tan Howling Banshee Exarch who was worthy of the role.
>>
>>50625415
Fucking Spookums better return
>>
>>50625454
But I'm pretty sure the Phoenix Lords still maintain the original personality? You're right in that underneath the armor it's an exarch, with one dying another one takes up the mantle. However the personalities of the Phoenix Lords still remain in the armor and overtakes that of the Exarchs.

While the original body of Jain Zar died, it isn't just her knowledge and experience that is in there. But Jain Zar herself.
>>
>>50621656
IG ending is in fact the cannon ending of soulstorm. The bloodravens comment about it in 2
>>
>>50621777
>>50621634
Isn't O'kais now "canon" in the main 40k setting? I'm not sure if it was the same guy, but I recall reading the Farsight Enclave supplement and it talking about how, alongside Farsight and Shadowsun, a guy named O'kais also studied under Puretide.

I can see him returning if the Tau also return as a faction.
>>
>>50625480
>The bloodravens comment about it in 2
they comment on soulstorm, but they do not comment on the victor
>>
>>50625473
I honestly have no clue how it works in terms of personality.

The essential part is that a Phoenix Lord isn't a character with one coherent narrative, but lots of different, disjointed stories in different place. They could have Jain Zar die or kill every Blood Raven by herself and it wouldn't actually contradict the established GW canon.
>>
>>50625454
>>50625488
Going by the recent fluff from the Black Library books it is definitely a case of personalities being overwritten by the original Phoenix Lord.

In the Asurmen novel a female exarch took on his armor and then he took over her body. To the extent that when he spoke he spoke with his own voice rather than hers.

But yeah, I suppose having a Phoenix Lord involved isn't too lore breaking since they die fairly often. I mean the Night Lords trilogy ended with them killing Jain Zar (after she pretty much wipes them out).

But seeing Jain Zar in this game makes me hold out hope we might see someone like Drazhar in a game. If GW is indeed getting more flexible with using established characters. I would kill for a MGR like game with him or Kharn.
>>
>>50625512
A MGR style game would be perfect for an Eldar, particularly a Harlequinn

Khan not as much. Khan isn't curayzee. He is a highly effective straight forward butcher
>>
>>50625484
Shit yeah looked up video and guess they didn't mention who won only that they lost. Just alot of people always said imperial guard won
>>
>>50625576
Because its the only faction that would allow the the Ravens survivors return to the chapter.
>>
File: Soltaire.png (474KB, 539x756px) Image search: [Google]
Soltaire.png
474KB, 539x756px
>>50625557
Kharn not Khan anon. Though I can see how you would make that mistake.

I can see a Harlequin working too.

>>50625576
Didn't every other race's victory thing involve the Blood Ravens getting wiped out though? It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure the IG one was the only one (aside from the Space Marines obviously) that didn't say the chapter was destroyed.
>>
>>50625482
its canon in the Deathwatch RPG
>>
File: 1476975424566.png (137KB, 610x533px) Image search: [Google]
1476975424566.png
137KB, 610x533px
>>50625588
>>50625757
Well tell that to the guy saying it wasn't confirmed then
>>
>>50625588
what survivors, the entirety of dawn of war 2 is "oh shit we lost half of our chapter and now have to deal with all this shit while under-manned"
>>
>>50620821
>>Martellus was always kinda meh so eh whatever
you fucking take that back!
>>
>>50625389
Assuming he became a Grey Knight, can a Space Marine of one chapter undergo all the shit again to effectively join another one? Like how the hell does that even work, because aren't the organs tied to the Primarch? And who the hell knows who the Primarch (it's probably the Emperor...) of the Grey Knights even is
>>
>>50625823
Cyrus was one of those survivors.
>>
>>50625925
Grey Knights are if anything the exception rather than the rule. Everything that makes you you is removed and replaced with a burning hatred for the daemon. Can't really see how they recruit if it wasn't from other chapters.
>>
>>50625982
When they started out they recruited from other sources, but in terms of the current Grey Knights they have their own recruiting methods.

Hyperion was taken in by the Inquisition and that was how he became a Grey Knight. So I can see the psykers they pick up occasionally are a source of recruits for the Grey Knights.
>>
>>50620821
You have to leave something for the inevitable expansions anon.
>General Castor vs Gorgutz
>>
>>50620821
I just hope to set Tau ablaze with holy promethium while they shriek and babble in their alien tongue.
>>
>>50626048
Everytime a Tau die the Emperor smiles inside.
>>
>>50626101
Blanda up Gue'la
>>
>>50621777
>but I guess sterilisation is a lot more merciful
Why is it even considered some evidence that the Tau are evil grimdark afterall?

It's a fucking hiveworld of billions mostly subhuman scum, just let them wither away and keep the upper classes.
>>
>>50626392
They want the manpower tho.
>>
>>50621947
People still think it is not and xeno are choir boys.
Propaganda is best if partly true.
>>
>>50626525
Why would they have a manpower problem if they can produce baby Tau artificially.
>>
File: 1359124929082.jpg (110KB, 474x492px) Image search: [Google]
1359124929082.jpg
110KB, 474x492px
>>50620821

Ignore the shitty dota style new dow gamewith jumping terminators.
Only statement you can make against this piece of shit is with you wallets. Dont buy it.
>>
>tau redditors in force in this thread

baka
>>
>>50620821
Well Jonah Orion comes back.

He actually survived Retribution (suspended animation FUCK YEAH).

Oh, and for all the shit he went through (battling the Hive Mind during transit to Aurelia, fighting Chaos Marines with Cap "Vanilla Ice/Hairgel" Aramus and co, and finally the whole Retribution thing), he was made Chief Librarian tasked with changing the BR's Librarium culture in order to avoid creating another Kyras.

And he even has a little cupid familiar accompanying him.
>>
>>50620821
>Gabriel and Macha holding the line against chaos invasion
>suddenly portal opens
>Hairgel and Thadeus come out decked out in primarch-tier gear with Frostmourne and Ashbringer
>"kept you waiting, huh?"
>>
>tfw the Cadian 412th Regiment will never come back
>tfw Sturnn, the best Imperial Guard commander ever written, is dead in the canon

Why ?
>>
The game looks like utter trash gameplay wise, so I have no interest in it, or whatever shitheap of a story it will have.
>>
>>50626822
still better than legion.
>>
>>50626372
THIS IS NOT FUCKING CANON!!!!!!
>>
File: vanillavanilla.jpg (104KB, 417x208px) Image search: [Google]
vanillavanilla.jpg
104KB, 417x208px
>>50624178
In the best ending. Which Retribution kinda both supports and clashes with. Sort of.

>>50624752
This myth only exists because people have got it into their heads that he and Thaddeus went on a crusade of penance into the Eye of Terror, as per one of the not-good endings of Chaos Rising. And Retribution mentions that the Force Commander was branded a renegade by Kyras, so obviously it must have been Kyras who ordered it.

Except the idea that the player's Blood Ravens would still follow such an order from Kyras is utterly asinine (even in the relevant CR ending, it isn't Kyras who sends them, it's Angelos). The whole reason they were declared renegade was their disobeyal of his orders, and they started doing that BEFORE they found out he was a Chaos-loving heretic.

Seriously, by this logic, Angelos should have killed himself before the end of CR, since he too was declared renegade and sentenced to death.

>>50625317
>"I’m comin’ fer yer ‘ead, humie!"
>"Come on, then! You’ll see what the best of the chapter has to offer your kind."
>"You sure do like to yammer, don’t ya humie?"
>"We’ll fight to the last man!"
>"O, shut yer maw an’ die, already!"

>>50625757
None of the SM stronghold debriefings said all the Blood Ravens were killed. The Chaos and SoB ones talked about what they did to any survivors (and in the former case it wasn't pretty), but even that could easily be amended to "any survivors that didn't escape". Same for the SoB campaign outro which actually did say they purged "every" Guardsman and Marine - or just every one they could get their hands on.
>>
File: imgres.jpg (13KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
13KB, 197x256px
>>50626372
There will be no Blanda up on my watch!
>>
>>50626822
>mods delete my hairgel image
Mods confirmed for cancerous chaosfags that shit up threads?
>>
>>50627675
IIRC, Hammer of the nameless implies that he was loyal, but was on Kyras' personal Shit list and went crusading so he didn't have any "accidents"
>>
just penance crusade my shit up senpai
>>
>>50628376
What is this?

A PICTURE FOR RIPPERS!?
>>
>>50626372
What is blanda?
>>
>>50629141
The act of mating.
>>
File: marine_diomedes.jpg (2MB, 2136x1200px) Image search: [Google]
marine_diomedes.jpg
2MB, 2136x1200px
>>50628675
The crusade is fanon; the hammer description only says what we already knew from Chaos Rising and the Retribution campaign intro.

>Hammer of the Nameless
>This mighty weapon was lost to the Blood Ravens ten years ago, when its wielder -- the youngest Force Commander in the Chapter's history -- was branded a renegade by Chapter Master Kyras. Many Blood Ravens believe that this hammer banished the plague daemon Ulkair back into the Warp.

>Angelos: Commander -- you and your brothers have suffered most under this corruption. Kyras branded you as renegades for the temerity of standing against the Black Legion. Yet you refused to yield. You battled the enemies of Man and purged the corruption within your own ranks. Together, we shall gather those in the chapter who share your courage -- the courage to stand against Kyras and his fiendish masters."

>Angelos: We are Space Marines. We are the Blood Ravens. We would act, yet we too are locked in warfare with one another. Azariah Kyras, our Chapter Master and Chief Librarian, has declared the heroes of Aurelia to be renegades. Now we are hunted by our own brothers, brothers unaware of the Chapter Master's secret allegiance to Ulkair.

>Adrastia: This news changes very little. In fact, I am contacting you to inform you the situation has escalated. One of your own captains has made some disturbing accusations regarding your Chapter Master, Azariah Kyras.
>Diomedes: Angelos! It is he and his followers who are traitor and renegade! By all rights, I should turn Gabriel's men over to Kyras.
>Adrastia: So you have often said. Fortunately he did not mirror this sentiment when he sent them to you to command.
>>
>>50629188

I just want Hairgel to come at some important part of the story I know he barely talked by Hairgel was pretty badass
>>
File: 4465461919646414.jpg (751KB, 765x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4465461919646414.jpg
751KB, 765x1000px
>>50621313

Blood Ravens are and will always be my favorite chapter they got me into 40k and I have an entire army of them they have a nice color scheme,cool lore, and just all around cool dudes.
>>
>>50620821
The characters in the squad were the best thing about DoWII. I especially liked Cyrus, he was so edgy he became an unintentional comic relief character for me.
>>
>>50629188
If it turns out that Magnus the Red is the Blood ravens Primarch then how far do you think gabe will shove god splitterr up his own Primarchs arse?
>>
>>50630201

Pretty fucking far.

Blood Ravens being taking in actual GW lore might be cool that Death Watch board game had a Blood Raven librarian model so maybe we might see more Blood Ravens
>>
>>50630201
Not that anon, but it will probably be so hard it will actually rip a portal to a completely different reality.

Hey, an interdimensional portal to another reality in someone's ass. That would be something awesome.

Then again the person who has this portal would always feel horribly uncomfortable as people would crawl up its ass to see the new reality.
>>
>>50626372
When was the last time we had a good ItEHaTtSD thread?
>>
>>50630333
I don't remember, honestly
By the way, is it an actual text-to-speech device Alfabusa uses to voice Emps, because if so, whoever made it should pat themselves on the back
>>
>>50631633
It's better to have the threads when a new video is out

Speaking of where are the Blood Ravens weren't they tasked with getting something
>>
>>50620821
The real question is whether we'll see a return of Kaptin Bluddflag and if so whose hat he's going to claim this time.
>>
>>50622773
Hot didly damn Hairgel is sexy as fuck here.
>>
>>50625488
>>50625512
The Path of Eldar's first book is very clear about how it works.

An ex arch is already a sort of gestalt of all the other wearers of the armor's personality through the souls tones engraved in it, with the current wearer being the predominant one.

A Phoenix dying will leave his armor, with wounds in his body being replaced by something like Stars and Space basically, and if an Exarch of the corresponding temple passes nearby, the Phoenix Lord will go ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL, takes over the body, with all the souvenirs, experiences and lives of all the former exarchs, but his personality will be the dominant 100%, the rest will be like dim remnants that he doesn't give a shot about.
The old armor of the Phoenix Lord will spill dust, sand and desintegrate and the new one will slowly change to become the one we know.
>>
>>50631693
Nah, Kitten was trying to mention the Blood Ravens as someone who could steal Trazyn's collection for Emps, but he forgot the name at first, and was interrupted by the Pillar Custodes the 2nd time, and it was never brought up again
>>
File: doge.jpg (111KB, 674x960px) Image search: [Google]
doge.jpg
111KB, 674x960px
Oh shit son what did they mean by this?

>Farseer Macha fighting with the Blood Ravens Again
In old Celtic lore Macha is one of Morrigans sisters (she has three)
Morrigan is a goddess of war and strife who takes the form of a Raven.
She also has many Raven cults dedicated to her worship.
>>
>>50632207
That...wow.

That's something I did not know.

This confirms that it's Macha's destiny to cross paths with the BLUD REHVENS.

Good thing that she didn't meet Boreale and his DRUNK SPEECH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGiNE-FmrLM
>>
>>50632413
>DRUNK SPEECH.
Fuck.

Was supposed to be DRUGGED SPEECH.
>>
>>50632413
The rabbit hole goes even deeper with the thousand sons Corvidae cult.
>just as planned
REEEEEEEEE
>>
File: BOLD BRATHAS.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BOLD BRATHAS.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>50632504
DEEPEST LORE.
>>
>>50632207

Imagine macha meeting dreadnought Thule
>>
File: 1480699600378.jpg (105KB, 532x738px) Image search: [Google]
1480699600378.jpg
105KB, 532x738px
>>50632865
>>
>>50632865
I'd like to see Taldeer as a Wraithseer or a Wraithknight and then meet Dreadnought Thule.

It would end up with some truly hilarious banter.
>>
>Eldar video
>Taldeer is a Wraithknight
>Ork video is next
What? When did this happen? When was this announced?
>>
This shit better have Davian motherfucking Cool in it.
>>
>>50632988
I do remembered that before even Dawn of War III was announced, people jokingly did a Taldeer as a Wraithknight piloted by Ronahn.

Ronahn wanted to kill LIIVI with her, but Taldeer assumed control the moment she saw the Vindicare.

It was never saved.
>>
>>50620821
Aren't the blud rehvans on the brink of extinction after the last two games?

Perhaps they are all off training the new recruits instead of getting involved in another meatgrinder?
>>
>>50633205
Well that is Angelos's main objective, but he also cannot let this get in the way of his duties as a Chapter Master of one of the many Space Marine Chapters.

Thus him sending off the Chapter to such a conflict means that they must've gotten some recruits and need to train them.

Probably they used the geneseed Vanilla Ice gathered on the Judgment of Carrion to turn the recruits into Neophytes.
>>
>>50632988
>LCB Wraithknight joke.
>A lil' trip to 4plebs later...

Post 1:

>LIIVI returning home to see a giant Wraithknight in an apron, who promptly greets him with "Welcome home, mon'keigh. Will you be having recaf, distilled herb-juice..."

>Suddenly grabs the stunned Vindicare with a gigantic wraithbone hand, lifting him several hundred feet to bring him face-to-face with an glowing ovoid head.

>"...or me?"

>"T-Taldeer?!"

Post 2:

>Ronahn is still in the cockpit while this transpires.

Post 3:

Ronahn: NO SISTER, I SAID SLAY HIM, NOT LAY HIM!
Taldeer: WHAT'S THAT, PSSHHHH, BROTHER? Now, LIIVI, just relax... PSSSHHH I CAN'T HEAR YOU PSSSSHHHH OVER THIS WRAITHSIGHT? ...Don't struggle, mon'keigh. I've missed you. SORRY SIGNAL PSSSHHHH IS GETTING CHOPPY. Let's reconnect once more. YOU SHOULD PROBABLY PSSHHHH CLOSE YOUR EYES THOUGH BROTHER.

>Ork info
In the comments of the official channel, someone asked for orks and Relic said they were going to be next week.
>>
Id kill for some special edition minitures a Cyrus Scout Sergeant model or Tarkus would be god like
>>
>>50634031

An official Cyrus model would be cool and then people wouldnt have to use Tellion then
>>
>>50625389
>or he's been treated like every other null and put to work for an inquisitor.
>Implying this is different than GK/DW

I know it is but to be fair there is a lot of Inquisition liaising and sometimes you do work directly with or under one
>>
>>50626372
>My little custodes
Given tau heights, that is a Custode whose genework clearly never took right.
>>
>>50634419

Apparently in space marine 2 he was gonna escape and prove his purity

Then get his own successor chapter
>>
>>50634456
Manlets, when will they learn.
>>
What exactly is the Blood Ravens gimmick anyway
>>
>>50636142
Have you ever played Grand Theft Auto?
>>
File: 46469196949454.jpg (1MB, 1000x1800px) Image search: [Google]
46469196949454.jpg
1MB, 1000x1800px
>>50636142

Psykers and Drop pods
>>
>>50636264
That's one thing that peeves me about the Blood Ravens. It's stated that they have a high than usual number of Librarians, but it's *never* shown in the games, as far as I've seen.
>>
>>50620821

Not to sound like an arsehole but you really must be the only person who cares about the DoWII characters. They were paper thin and all voiced by like 2 people.
>>
>>50636697
And were the best space marines depicted in multimedia yet.
>>
>>50632957
too bad Taldeer is a wraith knight
>>
>>50636697
He's not if you haven't seen some of the fan art for the characters and that one video that always gets posted with the characters talking about the world of 40k.
>>
>>50636697

https://youtu.be/zT_vcm7eKIc

Say what you want about some of writing

Its very fucking good and then at times kind what
>>
>>50629452
Is this PlagueofGripes? I heard he has been a /tg/ drawfag at times
>>
>>50621357
Didn't Laurie Goulding come out recently and say that they weren't loyalist descendants of the Sons or is his word only "canon" as opposed to canon?
>>
>>50626372
>You will never fuck a thicc Firewarrior

Life is cruel
>>
But no seriously where's the Eldar video? I don't want to hear some Starcraft 2 pro saying MACK-a or Arch thinking he's a vidya gaym critic.
>>
>>50636142
Psykers and kleptomania
>>
>>50637576

I dont give a shit what authors say they cant agree on shit together so why should we?
>>
>>50620821
Link to videos?
>>
File: stormtroopers.png (122KB, 265x250px)
stormtroopers.png
122KB, 265x250px
>Mfw bombing people with 3 basilisks
>>
>>50636665
Well, they had a Librarian chapter master of Khorne. That counts for something I guess.
>>
>>50620821
WHERE THE FUCK ALE MY SPIKY BOYS?
>>
>>50640372

DLC with Magnus as their super unit.
>>
>>50625452
How would you stat a regiment raised on Kaurava after a IG victory.
>>
>>50636264

>Captain, where did we aquire these Blue, dare I say, Ultramarine Blue Drop Pods from?
>Lets just say they were a gift from some dear dear friends

>Meanwhile on Ultramar
>Master of the Forge: 15 Land Raiders, very good. Razorbacks... yes excellent yes very good... now then... Drop Pods... what the... where have... By the Emperor where the fuc-
>>
>>50640770
Whats the canon way of Blood Ravens stealing?
Do they literally send scout marines to steal from other chapters?
Do they blackmail them with something like "give us 10 sets of terminator armour or we will call the inquisition about that one thing"?
Or do they send squads all over the galaxy to fight in big battles near important figures, and whenever the important figures fall, their apothecary is there to help and the battle brothers helpfully remove the armor and weapons?

Or what
>>
>>50637767
>>50639788
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-OvfwYUA9os

A version with no commentary
>>
File: 1409503051589.gif (551KB, 245x220px) Image search: [Google]
1409503051589.gif
551KB, 245x220px
>>50641186

Heart breaking, it looks so awful

>We want the Moba audience, better dump in child like cartoony 2004 warcraft graphix

Also not to mention

>Ah yes, Hello Angelos can we have a chat, I know I just *literally* killed over 400 Blood Ravens, several Dreadnoughts, about 8 tanks, but can we have a chat?
>>
>>50641559
>>We want the Moba audience, better dump in child like cartoony 2004 warcraft graphix
>It's not smeared with brown shit everywhere, must be cartoony!
>>
>>50641559
>but can we have a chat?
What is literally every fucking campaign in dawn of war where they are screaming at each other from across the battlefield.
>>
>>50641186
I don't get why /tg/ hates the aesthetics of this so hard.
>>
>>50637064
Betting her brother is piloting her.
>>
File: BOREALUM.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
BOREALUM.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>50641150
Yeah probably something logical although I would like to imagine them as practical jokers
>"Oh man can you imagine those smurfs faces when they go to drop".
>>
>>50642452
Because at some point the Internet Hate Machine became real.
>>
>>50636142
Psykers, Drop Pods, videogame tactics and adaptability.
>>
>>50641559
Compared to the very first videos, the Eldar video looks better.

At least there is no lava land.

Also hoping for other terrain types.
>>
>>50637576
Even if an author tries to dictate what is and is not canon, another one will come along soon and contradict them.
>>
>>50641559
>cartoony
>that
Get your fucking head out of the latest brown and orange shooters for once, it actually looks a lot less cartoony than DOW2 did.
>>
Since when were we optimistic about DoWIII? Last time I checked it was a canon-raping mess with mobile game-tier graphics.

Did something change?
>>
>>50641186
The gameplay looks boring as fuck.
Why the hell would I play that over DoW 1 or 2?
>>
>>50643263
Yeah, all the little bitchers who whine anytime anything new ever comes out found something else to latch on
>>
>>50622006
If there was a way to stop the crashing I would play it more
>>
>>50643263
>>50644225

This isant a gameplay thread OP was mostly worrying about story and the reason why there are only 2 Space Marine characters
>>
>>50620821
Gorgutz, eh? He was always great, I hope they don't fuck him up.
>>
>>50646848

How do you fuck up an ork?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIu4jUJriUI
>>
>>50646867

Like dis?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EKLK4V6wBDg

And dis!?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aXlKLcbkUYY
>>
File: 45.jpg (931KB, 1096x1596px) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
931KB, 1096x1596px
>>50633205
In their Retribution ending cutscene, they "have rebuilt, and once more are great". After a timeskip, but then DoW3 has evidently seen some time pass.

>>50636264
>>50642533
Drop pods was more Boreale's thing, though honestly it's just standard Marine operating procedure. Some focus on it more than others, and Indrick was one of those some.

Index Astartes said stuff about them using their Librarians' predictions to concoct extremely detailed battle plans which they never deviate from, but that was one of the bits the games never really took on board. Then there's their Chapter Traits in the 4th edition Codex: Space Marines (pic related), which made them specialise in stealth and close quarters at the cost of armoured support.

>>50637576
ADB's the one who's argued against them being Thousand Sons, or at least being confirmed as such, for the same reason he insists that the fate of the missing Legions should never be revealed, and any "hints" about them - including ones he's written himself - are just the writers messing around.

Of course, he also tried to prevent the reveal that the Tyranids only came to the galaxy because of something some mehreens did during the Horus Heresy, yet here we are.
>>
>>50647733

That actually makes sense for Blood Ravens one of their scout sergeants is from the Death Watch
>>
>>50647733
Hence videogame tactics.

In fluff the Librarians of the BRs utilize their powers to predict the movements of the Chapter's enemies and make counter-tactics and strategies to quickly adapt and screw them over.

In gameplay terms it's literally the player being this omnipotent Librarian who gives their units the appropriate commands in multiplayer to unleash hell on the enemies of The Emperor.

Remebered those tactics. 4th ED was nice. No 5th ED Ultra-fanwank and no 6th ED Space Marines inside Space Marines.

And thanks to 6th and 7th ED, Blood Ravens (who are not descended from any of the eight loyalist Legions) can pick up any Chapter Tactic they want.

So pick up Chapter Tactics: Exorcists and utilize true tactical ingenuity.
>>
>>50631633
>By the way, is it an actual text-to-speech device Alfabusa uses to voice Emps, because if so, whoever made it should pat themselves on the back.

I checked a bit and yes, Emps is voiced by a real Text-To-Speech device.
>>
>>50641150
All of their "gifts" are actually leftover from when the Thousand Sons were still loyalist.
>>
>>50647471
I don't see your point? Gorgutz was fine. The other ork was a bit too Bad Moon
>>
>>50641150
the stealing thing its usually a meme that has gone way too popular. They are relic hunters and collectors tought.
>>
>>50633205
Not really they arent, it is wildly exaggerated because everyone asumes that the chapter lost 5 fucking companies in soul storm while they only lost 3.
>>
>>50637576
ADB Tried claiming they were only a cursed founding, but he got promptly blown the fuck out by a release right after that practically confirmed the thousand sons relation.

It turned out that he had no authority on the subject whatsoever, but was in an advanced form of stop liking what I don't like mentality, to the point where he tried interfering and petitioning to higher ups in order to change it.
I get that he personally doesn't like it, but he's incredibly unreasonably salty about it.
>>
>>50641186

You know, it's the sounds more than anything that bothers me in this.
>>
>>50643281
The dow 1 director went to Blizz and got fited for the mess that failblo3 was.
Nigga should had stayed on relic and done dow 2 and 3.

Also writting in dow 3 so far looks like a giant mess.
>>
>>50637576
Goulding its a neckbeard bitch, he is a fucking hack that needa people on 4ccan doing his job for him.

You should have seen him the other day bitching here about the SOB, demanding us to showed him proof. Bitch they aint paying me to do your fucking job.

Furthermore he has no relation with the studio which made the Blood Ravens into loyalisy thousand sons since fucking 2004. Ffs they even made a fucking reference about it in last months white dwarf.
>>
>>50627675
Hairgel DID became captain of the 4rth conpany. Kyrass branded him renegade, he and others probably went to gather the rest of the Blood Ravens during retribution which would explain the lack of librarians in it.
>>
>>50622006
Why would I want to play such a shit expansion and shit mod?
>>
>>50647934
>can pick up any Chapter Tactic they want.
>So pick up Chapter Tactics: Exorcists

Chapter Tactics (Undetermined):
As suggested on page 77 of
Codex: Space Marines
, the Unknown Founding of the Exorcists
and their secretive arts of war should be depicted by a Chapter
Tactic of the player’s choosing from
Codex: Space Marines

so choose a chapter tactic that lets you choose a chapter tactic?
>>
>>50642475
so what happened to Boreale in the canon?

did he ded?
>>
File: cyrus.jpg (8KB, 207x207px)
cyrus.jpg
8KB, 207x207px
>>50653783
>"The Kaurava Campaign did not go well. Boreale and many others died there – including most of my Scouts."

>Wreath of Conquest
>This fine relic was meant to go to Captain Indrick Boreale when he returned victorious from the Conquest of Kaurava. But Kaurava was not conquered – at least not by the Blood Ravens – and Boreale was lost to the chapter in that bloody conflict.
>>
>>50621777
How are any of these things good? This is supposed to be a brutal universe where you cannot AFFORD to have mercy or kindness because everything wants to murderfuck you so badly, it's evil vs grey.
Then the Tau come along with amazing tech and somehow they can get along with everyone and be the good guys of the setting. Fuck em.
>>
>>50654274

O'kias is like that
>>
>>50654274
Given that Kais canonically got most of his men, and the Ethereal, killed, I wouldn't say it's an endorsement of that attribute.
>>
Fuck the Blood Ravens, I want Kaptain Bluddflag back.
>>
Forget if Gabe and them came back, what I wanna know is does Eliphas return?
>>
File: 010.jpg (780KB, 1134x1610px) Image search: [Google]
010.jpg
780KB, 1134x1610px
>>50654274
>Then the Tau come along with amazing tech and somehow they can get along with everyone and be the good guys of the setting.
Relatively speaking.
>>
When DOW3 comes out, I will make a campaign mode. Screencap this.
It will be about a crusade.
>>
File: image.jpg (134KB, 725x1103px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134KB, 725x1103px
The real question is if best couple will be in it
>>
>>50636142
>>50636142
Dakka
>>50636665
>it's never shown in the games
probably because the MP is based on generic space marine chapters.
Or do you complain when the Black templar's skin doesn't give you access to melee scouts?
>>
>>50641559
>moba
>grimdark means everything must be a shade of Black.
>>
>>50642809
Okay, I usually don't rage at fellow anons, but man, FUCK YOU.

DoWII looks grim, vehicles and armour suits look like they are actually used in battle, colour palette there covers a lot of colours, yet they are never "in your face".

DoWIII on the other hand has a crapton of unneeded particle effects(just look at plasma grenade toss, even something simple as that had to be a giant blob of particle mess). But "cartoony" is not related to colours only; really, I think that colour palette they are using could work, maybe. If not for all these horrible animations we are having. DoWII nailed animations on everything, eldar leap gracefully, orks move in a whacky, yet not over the top fashion as you actually can see that their weapons and bits have weight, space marines terminators and drednaughts WALK and turn awkardly, because that armour weights like a fuckton. Now look at DoWIII. Space marines jump around as they move, terminators and drednaughts turn around in an instant, gabriel leaps over chasms for sick 8/10 thunder hummer dunks.

If you compare this to DoWII and say that DoWII is cartoony then I can only give you one advice, that is to go fuck yourself.
>>
>>50653623
A Chapter Tactic that allows you to choose other Chapter Tactics before battle to be precise.

I really see the two as bros when it comes to not sticking to the same tactics and utilizing different ones.
>>
>>50657103
Not that anon, but I don't think the game looks grim, but it also doesn't look this cartoony.

Would say somewhere in between.
>>
>>50641186
The space marine gait bothers me comparef to DoW 1 and 2; they look too fast or light somehow.
>>
>>50657314
And slimmer.
>>
>>50655228
I swear , if they will return Eliphas yet again (that'd be , like, his third death into resurrection, right?) they'd have to add recorded audience applaudes and laughter like if he was a character of a sitcom. Reincarnation thibg is getting ridiculous. I'd prefer to see Araghast the Pillager really, dude was a badass. Or Sindri. Or maybe give some new Chaos lord a chance.
>>
>>50655842
No but I bet there will be a easter egg from the series.
>>
>>50657325
>>50657314
it's truescale, as opposed to DOW 1/2 proportions which were hero scale

i think it only looks weird when you compare it to hero scale animations. you get used to it after a while of watching the videos
>>
>>50657375
Araghast was offed too soon.

>>50658337
Yep.

First DoW wasn't like this. It was more tabletop-y proportions.

DoW II went for a more realistic take on the models.

DoW III steers closer to DoW but the marines aren't this chunky as they usually are.

Though the Eldar do look no different from how they appeared in previous games.

Still I'm surprised that Jai Zar is a playable unit.
>>
You think we'll get more canon named characters as heroes?

Also I hope they go with something like CA's update schedule and eventually end up adding ALL the races and subfactions with a decent campaign for them.
>>
>>50658759
Hoping that with the system they'll try to implement, they'll add other playable characters.

Would want Asurmen or other Phoenix Lords along with Jain Zar.

Maybe Abbadon when Chaos Marines make an appearance.

Also in case of Total WARHAMMER, I'm hoping that they'll add FW stuff like Chaos War Mammoths (Chaos Dwarfs confirmed for DLC 13).
>>
>>50658870
Abaddon? Why would the Warmaster of All Chaos want with some backwater world? The guy is Primarch level powerful. He doesn't need to make a personally appearance. He has minions aplenty like his favorite chew toy Eliphas.
>>
>>50658870
>Chaos Dwarfs confirmed for DLC 13
Where can I see this schedule?

>>50658901
What would a Phoenix Lord want with some backwater world?
>>
>>50654274
Grimdark doesn't solely have to revolve around evil or morally grey characters. A tiny, relatively insignificant, but still good, or at least idealistic empire struggling against the superpowered imperium and unstoppable tyranids and ultimately failing (which is pretty likely) is grimdark too. It's a nice change from the rest of the setting while keeping the same themes.
>>
>>50658931
>What would a Phoenix Lord want with some backwater world?

Because they are loners who travel across the galaxy to forward their prophecy and protect fellow Eldar. They don't have armies or armadas to command. For the most part they are solitary warriors who only allow a few followers to accompany them.
>>
>>50658931
>Where can I see this schedule?

Have to look for that datamining because it was quite some time ago.
>>
>>50658931
There's been theories about necrons popping up as a secret fourth faction. If that's true, it's possible that they're going to continue the Eldar prophecy from Retribution (in case you've forgotten, Veldoran prophesised Necrons destroying Ulthwe), which would make a lot of sense. It'd explain why a Phoenix Lord is present in the fighting, and why Taldeer is there (since she's the only one who can save Ulthwe), and why the conflict is significant enough to involve Eldar from at least two different Craftworlds
>>
>>50658981
>Ball-Tan caring about Ulthwe the Damned

Why though?
>>
>>50658981
Honestly, based on the trailer and the poster for the game, I'm guessing the villain will be Khorne daemons. Probably trying to get revenge for Angelos destroying the Maledictum daemon.

Necrons would be a cool villain though. Or just sticking to the three main races without a secret villain race.
>>
>>50659001
All the Eldar Craftworlds, Exodites, Corsairs, and sometimes even Dark Eldar assist each other regularly. They're all allies in the effort to save their race. Already we've had Alaitoc Eldar try to save a minor craftworld on Typhon, and save an Ulthwe Farseer from Kyras. There's not a lot of reason why another Craftworld wouldn't also assist if it was necessary to save Ulthwe.
>>
>>50659001
It's Biel-Tan, you mon-keigh!
>>
>>50659022
But it doesn't make sense for Ball-Tan to be involved with something Necron related. Alaitoc is the Anti-Necron Craftworld and after finding out about Ulthwe coming encounter with the Necrons, they should have joined Ulthwe to see this through.

Ball-Tan should only concern itself with Chaos and trespassing alien races.
>>
>>50658901
It's not the world he wants
it's what's inside
>>
>>50621586

>So says the slave to the free man

The bantz in DoW was top notch. Taldeer brought some fucking heat.
>>
>>50659065
Whatever is inside doesn't break the chronology of the setting. Unless DoW 3 happens in an alternative universe, then Abaddon after launching the 13th Black Crusade should be at the heart of the Eye of Terror.
>>
File: dow5k.jpg (4MB, 5120x2880px) Image search: [Google]
dow5k.jpg
4MB, 5120x2880px
>>50659001

Yeah, and there are several prophecies about someone attacking Ulthwe, according to their own farseers and Talos it's the Night Lords who will do so. Rangers don't have solid attachment to their craftworlds. Maybe Taldeer heard about Eldrad's new Ynnead fuckup and wanted to switch.

>>50658956
This. On an unrelated note, if the models are roughly to scale as in their sketches, and Macha is 2 metres, how tall is Jain Zar? In the video she looked as oversized compared to normal eldar as Gabe compared to smurfs.
>>
>>50659063
There is a big weapon of eldar origins and there are orks around, that's enough reason to require intervention from Biel-Tan.
>>
>>50659063
If Necrons kill all the Ulthwe Eldar, and destroy the Craftworld, that'll mean a gargantuan amount of souls lost to Slaanesh, both from the emptying of the Craftworld's infinity circuit and from the deaths of all those living Eldar, unless their soul stones could somehow be recovered from the Necrons.

If Biel-Tan was concerned solely with Chaos, this would still be a conflict worth fighting in. But they're not the anti-Chaos craftworld anyway, they're the Make Eldar Empire Great Again craftworld, and their focus is on destroying the lesser races of the galaxy.
>>
>>50625454

That's not how PLs work. There's only one Jain Zar.

>>50625512

>In the Asurmen novel a female exarch took on his armor and then he took over her body.

Wasn't an exarch, it was a black guardian. Also, they don't retain the physical body, they're like walking infinity circuits with only swirling starlight inside.
>>
File: This does not please Khaine.jpg (102KB, 375x482px) Image search: [Google]
This does not please Khaine.jpg
102KB, 375x482px
>>50625233

>Impossibly old demi-goddess of war made from the souls of thousands of warriors, only appearing once every couple of centuries to single handedly turn the tides of battle
>Costs less than a mundane wraithlord to summon

For fuck sakes relic. Summoning a PL should feel special, not be a spammable T2 purchase. At least they're not fucking up squad sizes.
>>
>>50659063

>It doesn't make sense for a faction that hates every other race to fight this race

And it's BIEL-tan you fuck.
>>
>>50659130

She's pretty much as in tabletop, very good against infantry, can't stand in the fire, poor against vehicles.

As for the scope of the game not being large enough, PL's have been in smaller engagements. Jain Zar's first appearence in Warhammer lit was running out of nowhere and stabbing inquisitor Draco's Callidus waifu.

100 lost baneblades was a bigger breach of GW canon than Abaddon in DoW II or one PL being in DoW 3
>>
>>50654274
>This is supposed to be a brutal universe where you cannot AFFORD to have mercy or kindness because everything wants to murderfuck you so badly, it's evil vs grey.
Such a universe cannot exist, because cooperation, justice and understanding are the most powerful sources of energy in the multiverse.

The lion's share of factions are simply blind to this out of poor writing and shitty fans.
>>
>>50659240
>cooperation, justice and understanding
Little did this person know that attempting any of this in 40k will only get you killed or worse.
>>
>>50659022
>All the Eldar Craftworlds, Exodites, Corsairs, and sometimes even Dark Eldar assist each other regularly.

And nobody likes Altansar...

Poor Altansar. Khaine knows what kind of crazy shit they had to go through or do to not get eaten by Slaanesh.

Then Maugan Ra stabs his Maugetar into the Craftworld and hauls it out of the Eye so hard it lands near Terra.

Then other Eldar act like complete assholes towards them because YADDA YADDA, impossible to remain unchanged, YADDA YADDA. And that's when Ra is not around.

The only thing they can do is simply live on their Craftworld and remain there in silence.
>>
>>50659395
And yet the Tau continue to expand and win battles against more grimdark forces.
>>
>>50621586
>Tau
>free
>>
>>50659503
Yet hope is the first step in the road of dissappointment.
>>
>>50659189

>Rule equate to fluff

If you think a gestalt of thousands of aspects should have the same weapon skill as a generic Archon you are a silly billy and not my nigga. They're fluffed as literal one men armies and solo greater daemons and entire armies.
>>
>>50659189

To be fair the Draco stories just don't give a shit and do whatever seems cool at the time. It's more surprising with their record that Draco and crew didn't somehow infiltrate something and steal Jain Zar's armour. Those niggas can infiltrate anything. The eye of terror, the imperial palace, you name it, they can sneak in.
>>
File: laughingeldar.png (35KB, 174x172px) Image search: [Google]
laughingeldar.png
35KB, 174x172px
>>50659401

>Mfw Altansar got voted in as the 5th sub-faction over Alaitoc for EC

Based Altansar > Alaitoc jobbers anyday.
>>
>>50659550
At least that is a nice thing.

Also they get a unique set of voices that are extra spooky when compared to other Eldar.

Wished they were the Craftworld that would get a little more spotlight.
>>
>>50621494
really hope so i hate gabe with a passion
>>
>>50629164

It's Swedish for handing your 12 year old to a group of Somalis as part of saying "Hello".
>>
>i-it's not like a moba at all i swear
>clearly heroes/elite focused gameplay, highly encourage the player to micromanage the elites with their very damaging skillshot abilities, with normal trash units literally just there to deal chip damage with no real need for any control other than moving into bubble range for cover.
uh huh
>>
>>50660018

Lore thread not gameplay
>>
>>50660123
Ah sorry I was going to reply to this >>50641186
>>
Since Eldar have the Shadow Spectres out of their ass this time as a flight unit, maybe we will see more flight units from other races?
>>
>>50658759
Fuck you no, because of this thinking we got the shitfest that is retribution.
>>
I actually think orks might coming today?

ERE' WE GO
>>
>>50661590
they were confirmed for this week I think. Hope Relic got them right

>>50620821
>Tarkus Captain of the 4th company
That would be cool, but I don't think we'll see him - or any of the DoW II team except Orion - this time around. They could talk about them in some dialog though
>>
>>50662666
Does this help?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LUwDVuAfxHY
>>
>>50637278
>All that anger, angst and despair was there in front us all the time from the canon traitor
Wow
>>
>>50658981
I would actually bust a nut if Necrons or DE were the 4th faction
>>
>>50641186
>Grenade goes off the second it lands
Pig disgusting
>>
>>50662887
Ork Metal?

ZOGGIN' BEAUTIFUL.

>>50663560
We need to see when the game finally hits the shelves.
>>
>>50662887
Still not as good as the classic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5uwihWGu-I
>>
>>50665793
>>50665821
More preview songs:

Eldar:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NxHIYDxYkBs

Space Marine:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw6L6uuBjDU
>>
>>50620821
>Diomedies said he cant serve the chapter how he used to

I think he was referring to how he was sycophantic and arrogant as captain of the Honour Guard, where he would ignore what the chapter master was doing and be his "enforcer" among the other chapters.

If anything he'll take a Lysander-esque "demotion" to be a regular captain, or be as you said, an independent Chaplain who's sworn not to boss others around. Maybe just be a Chapter Champion with no political power at all.
>>
>>50663514

>DoW2
>Tarkus: Kaurava left the chapter dangerously undermanned. If we lose our recruiting worlds now, the Blood Ravens will not survive.

>Avitus: We are weapons. There is the Emperor and there is war. Nothing more.
>Tarkus: There is the Chapter, Avitus.

>Chaos Rising
>Tarkus: I doubt any of you will listen, but I feel I must explain a few things. The Chapter is my whole existence. I have seen its greatness, and I have seen its follies. More of the latter than the former, I fear. I have lost more brothers than I care to count -- every victory has come at a terrible price. This time, I have decided to pay it myself. The Chapter cannot endure in its weakened and misguided state. The ranks are barely half of what they should be and grow thinner every day. Raw power is needed to turn the tide. And if the cost is my own damnation, so be it.

>DoW2
>Thaddeus: Hope is a scarce thing these days. We could use more of it.
>Avitus: Hope is for fools, Thaddeus. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you will be worthy of your rank.

>Avitus: You are purging yourself of a weakness, Thaddeus, but there are more to come. You cling to hope, which just brings despair.

>Chaos Rising
>Thaddeus: I do not wish to kill you, but you are not leaving me much choice. There never was a choice.
>Jonah: If you have pledged yourself to Ulkair, you have already made the only choice that matters. You have chosen heresy.
>Thaddeus: You were not there, Librarian! We stood on Typhon, we faced the Hive Mind. We saw the Armageddon destroyed and we knew we could not win! I did what I had to do.

>DoW2
>Thaddeus: I go to a place where my spirit and body are one, a perfect weapon honed by powers far beyond me.

>Chaos Rising
>Thaddeus: ULKAIR HAS MADE ME MORE POWERFUL THAN EVER!
>>
>>50664021
Idiot the bomb flies in the air for a good 2-3 seconds.

More like 4 seconds if you count the windup.

It also shines up like a fucking burning rainbow.

If anything it got harder to sneak grenades in.
>>
>>50622520
I always like to think that Boreale is trapped in the Warp being tortured by Chaos Mehreens, the only thing keeping him alive being his desire to return to the chapter, having been told by his captors that his... unconventional tactics won the battle at the last minute, with the chapter believing him killed in the course of it.
>>
>>50668165
boreale should have been the ancient in retribution
>>
>>50622773
This illustrator was awesome as fuck, why did they changed him? I dislike the new art director because he ruined Machas hair.
>>
>>50652444
laurie came here? when?
>>
>>50655842
why would a shitty forced meme from a shitty youtube series that takes place on Terra make a cameo?
>>
>>50669487
Honestly, it would make more sense if Relic made a LCB joke, even if it's just the backstory of Gorgutz' new punching bag.
>>
>>50667826
Many people complain about the weird, noisy, distortions in the Space Marine theme, but I like it. We're used to organ music in 40k, but fucked up, distorted, electronic organ music fits what the setting represents even better.
>>
>>50622006
I'm playing Titanium Wars SS now and the difficulty jump from TWDC is like a slugga boy to a mega armored nobz.

>destroy IG Marauder base at alert level 2
>announcer immediately announces alert level 5
>>
>>50669755
It seems like a remix of the theme you hear in the original trailer, or at least using a similar score and set of instruments.

It's a shame they didn't bring over the aesthetic of the trailer a bit more as well, but I guess we can't have everything.
>>
>>50669554
Like what? an exitus pistol equip-able by Taldeer?
>>
>>50670355
I was thinking that in a multiplayer match or skirmish, if Gorgutz kills Wraithknight Taldeer may say:
>No sneaky 'oomie to help ya dis time!
>>
>>50670355

>Dreadnought Thule kills Wraithknight Taldeer

>I actually remember on Krounus a once great eldar farseer
>>
File: Fucking brutal.jpg (65KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking brutal.jpg
65KB, 600x401px
>>50662887
>>50667826
I'm already liking this OST more than the past games'
>>
File: 6464845488716461.jpg (178KB, 1132x1600px) Image search: [Google]
6464845488716461.jpg
178KB, 1132x1600px
>>50671191

>He doesnt like Imperial Guard flutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-4ffwWguGo
>>
File: 1463065126472.jpg (60KB, 673x696px) Image search: [Google]
1463065126472.jpg
60KB, 673x696px
>>50667826
>dat Space Marine theme

SO FUCKING RAD
>>
>>50669423
he comes often here and now, but he usually goes autist when the sisters of battle threads pop up.
>>
File: 3748377893_6aa2066740.jpg (96KB, 384x500px) Image search: [Google]
3748377893_6aa2066740.jpg
96KB, 384x500px
>>50671407
I think it's pretty generic.
>>
>>50667826
not gonna lie, all these theme music (musics? musii?) are pretty damn good
>>
>>50625482
I think it's Kais from the fire warrior PlayStation game, the guy fought deamons and favour the way "of the lone hunter" after all he as seen. It makes sense, he is a FPS protagonist. I could be wrong too.
>>
>>50667826
prettygud/10
>>
>>50671249
Best theme.
>>
>>50676390
>theme music (musics? musii?)

Music is an uncountable noun.
>>
>>50677039
I realized right after that I probably should've said theme songs instead
hindsight, perfect vision, etc.
>>
>>50625281
>>50625309
I'm fairly sure Abaddon is just REEEEing over a traitor descendant that isn't under his thumb, given how much of a control freak he is about these things.
The probably only reason he hasn't gone in himself and wrecked their shit is because almost nobody knows about it, so it doesn't sting his pride.
>>
>>50620947
>OI YOU GIT I'Z DA 'EAD 'UNTER AND I WANTZ THOSE HUMIE HEADS
>IT BE THE HATS I'M AFTER, YA SCURVY SQUIG
*violence ensues*
Yeah, I hope this happens.
>>
>Playing Soulstorm yesterday
>All those fucking armies
>tfw, despite its flaws, we'll never have such a complete 40k game again
>>
>>50677544
>tfw bought Soulstorm but still haven't played as SoB or DE yet
I should really get around to it
>>
>>50640682
Super-heavy tank reigiment.
Baneblade for every squad member.
>>
>>50677544
>nine races in base game
>over twenty with mods
>>
>>50678051
Shame about the lack of bants.
>>
>>50678051

I wish Dow 3 would pull an XCOM 2 and let us fully mod it
>>
>>50673544
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppc_J1QuCbE

I looked at the comments people said March of Blood Ravens was better but it sounds just as generic
>>
>>50678144
Most of the modded races do have spotting lines for all of the vanilla races and a lot of other modded races. That has to count for something.

>>50678491
I also wish that. But
>XCOM2
>fully moddable
Can't say that until we get an entire TFTD2 out of it.
>>
>>50671249
My personal favourite
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OJhtIv_Yd5w

Fighting the Avatar to this was great
>>
>>50642452

I like the cartooniness, it reminds me of 40k art when I got into the game in 2002
>>
>>50621586

conversations were always my favorite, even if short
>>
>>50642452
>>50679006

Personally I think the game is taking the atheistic of the new official 40k art
>>
>>50621586
>not posting the nastiest burns in all of Dark Crusade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HYidC-zg9Q
>>
>>50679102
The nasiest burn was Eliphas/Thule

>Such inspiring courage ! Prehaps we'll mount your corpse on a golden chair and make an idol out of you as well !
>>
>>50679102

Man Thule sure cant dish out the bantz can he?
>>
>>50621313
They're many people's introduction to 40k thanks to Dawn of War.
>>
>>50679102
>implying Gorgutz didn't verbally wreck Eliphas and Taldeer, an act made even more brutal by the fact that they were the previous bants masters
>>
File: 1479950562075.jpg (80KB, 766x960px)
1479950562075.jpg
80KB, 766x960px
>>50641186

You know what? For all the mystic shiny eldar represent it looks kind of dank for them and i can get past it. The visual effects i mean.
But only for the Eldar.

That MOBA retarded attacks mechanics and animations of Wrightknight? I can cringe and somewhat tolerate it but holy motherfuck of an Emperor the Space Marine attacks, melta/laser (or whatever that was, it looks so shit i dind't dare to guess) and especially bolter effects look underwhelming and pathetic.

Would fire that dude who did special effects and overall graphic design in the heartbeat.

Fucking give me Dawn of War 2 i wanted already.

At least walker/vehicle fights design looks kind of solid.
>>
File: Finkin Wiff Siantz.jpg (87KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Finkin Wiff Siantz.jpg
87KB, 500x500px
>>50677506
Well the hat normally comes with the head. It's a win-win.
Thread posts: 303
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.