[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Tensions in traditional gaming communities are controlled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

>Tensions in traditional gaming communities are controlled and regulated through scapegoating. Without scapegoats, these communities would tear themselves apart.

Was he right?
Is this true?
>>
>>50615745
Yes, but it's all because of

-Generals
-Quests
-Lack of Quests
-Mods
-Nu/tg/
-Old/tg/
-SJW'S
-/pol/
-Elves
-Dwarves
-GW
-Matt Ward
-WOTC
>>
>>50615799
It's all because of Them. It's so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett, Jingo (Discworld)
>>
>>50615799
>-Matt Ward
>implying everything horrible isn't Matt Ward's fault
Who do you think wrote the US's election laws that allowed Trump to win? Matt Ward, that's who!

kek
>>
>>50615745
>>Tensions in communities are controlled and regulated through scapegoating. Without scapegoats, these communities would tear themselves apart.
Equally true, and more concise.
>>
>>50615833
>>50615799
>1 Poster
>2 Dubs in a row.

This man speaks the Truth.
>>
>>50615927
Ok, wow, I didn't even notice that as I was posting.

What do I do now?
>>
File: IMG_6694.jpg (1MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6694.jpg
1MB, 2000x1500px
>>50616129
You praise him, brother.
>>
>>50616209
fuck off with this shitty meme
>>
>>50616209
Fuck Hereti-Kek. My allegiance lies to the Dice Gods, the Emprah, and Lady Luck.
>>
>>50616221
Kek makes your triples fail.
>>
>>50615799
I feel like I saw this list yesterday.
>>
>>50616268
I nicked off the guy who posted it in the Set Releases discussion.
>>
>>50615833
Bless you Sir Pratchett.
>>
>>50616248
not the rngoddess
you are asking for a smiting
>>
>>50618414
Lady Luck goes by many names.
>>
>>50615799
>blaming everyone else and trying to take the heat off the furries
Don't think I'm not into you
>>
>>50618468
I'm flattered anon, but I'm seeing someone else at the moment.
>>
File: ntXyP.jpg (57KB, 375x484px) Image search: [Google]
ntXyP.jpg
57KB, 375x484px
Larson was right.
>>
hey anons here.
been meaning to ask
how many /pol/ threads have there been here in the last little while.
I'm starting to think that people are jumping at shit.
>>
>>50615745
Well, yeah, that's pretty obvious, as per
>>50615799
That's why there are still the same amount of problems as there were before several scapegoats were removed.
>>
>>50618554
Loads. There's a thinly veiled trump and hillary thread up RIGHT NOW.
>>
>>50618586
where?
what's the name
>>
>>50618554
>>50618561

See >>50615817
>>
>>50618596
>>50615817
We haven't had a single thread about kidnapping the modern president before this /pol/ shit, but suddenly we constantly have to talk about presidents in one way or another.
>>
>>50618621
There was the Hitler MTG card, the Hitler Stat Me, etc.
>>
>>50618600
>>50618621
i see
didn't notice it
honestly i think this shit is... whatever it is when you see something and you notice seeing that more then otherwise.
i don't often see them which is why i asked why it's a lot.
>fucking trump
why must there be so many burgerlanders
>>
>>50618639
that's pretty lame
>>
>>50618639
yeah, but hitler isn't modern politics.
At least I fucking hope it's not.
>>
>>50618642
There are so many burgerlanders because we made the mistake of preventing secession.
So many of burgerland's problems would be solved if we went with how the constitution works and let those who didn't want to be part of the government split off.
Instead, we STILL are at each other's throats.
>>
>>50618665
With /pol/, Hitler is always involved. They're like some sort of black whole of stupidity generated(or validated) by Godwin's Law.
>>
File: yuri thinking.jpg (30KB, 467x350px) Image search: [Google]
yuri thinking.jpg
30KB, 467x350px
>>50618680
wouldn't that end up with a massive American civil war. the more populated states tearing up the less equipped.....that would make America Europe.
sounds fun

>>50618692
I've never liked Godwin's law
godwin is a faggot
and generally speaking there are things that are actually equitable to the nazis.
>>
>>50618720
No see, we HAD the massive american civil war where that happened.
Instead, we should have NOT had the civil war.
>>
>>50615902
What possible setup would have made a 3rd party win.

If anything that makes him a hero for keeping hillary out.
>>
>>50618490
>sensible chuckle.jpg
>>
>>50618729
i would have assume that the contested boarders would lead to a bunch of wars.
particularly as during that time if the south left the union they would be economically stronger because of their slavery.
that would definitely lead to a war
>>
>>50618770
I would rather have a literal supervillain who had the stated goal of stealing all the world's monuments than either candidate.
>>
>>50618804
But the north won largely through their economic might and weight of bodies.
The south really had not much going on at the time.
>>
>>50618811
Better to bring him in after trump that way he will waste a few years digging up the wall.
>>
>>50618824
I heard the south was richer in general because of the whole cheap labour and shit.
even that the loss of slavery would cause great trouble with your economy and was as such avoided during your rebellion.
then again it might just be your south trying to prop itself up.
>>
>>50618804
>if the south left the union they would be economically stronger because of their slavery
Slavery was actually holding the southern states back economically. It's incredibly impractical.
>>
>>50618862
Yeah, the south basically only had cotton and slaves. They weren't producing much at all economically at the time, and were being fucked by lack of northern automation.

It wasn't until later they became more economically powerful. Largely because of oil refineries. Aint called texas tea for nothing.
>>
>>50616248
Put down your memes, unbeliever, and bow before the power of Kek Undivided!
>>
>>50618878
>Slavery was actually holding the southern states back economically. It's incredibly impractical.
how so
generally large agrarian protects benefit from having slaves, not so much the common man.
Then again southerners might not be able to grow money crops like sugar
>>
>>50618914
The only money crop they were growing was cotton.
One of the primary reasons they got fucked during the war was because cotton prices were tanking due to improved methods elsewhere.
>>
>>50618862
Slavery did prop up the economy of the South, to some extent, but not a large one. A small group of powerful people (slaveowners) had a lot to gain from having slaves and little to lose.

The problem with slavery is that it's a fucking horrible allocation of human capital. Slaveowners tell slaves what to do and they do it. It doesn't consider the individual talent of the slaves, their preferences for work, or any other possible market forces.

Even on an economic level slavery is garbage. Once you consider the morals it becomes the greatest horror in American history.
>>
>>50618680
Congrats on your successful attempt in derailling the thread. That was flawless.
>>
>>50619048
sorry anon, the civil war and its lasting repercussions are interesting to me.
SO many electoral and economic problems are traceable back to those days.
>>
File: 5464616456151.jpg (151KB, 1429x636px) Image search: [Google]
5464616456151.jpg
151KB, 1429x636px
Cant we all be friends?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctwqa3QCwMw
>>
>>50619130
nah, the group is too large for that now.
We've got to kick people out now.
It's our development stage.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.