[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats a good RPG game for beginners? Me and 2 friends are going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Whats a good RPG game for beginners? Me and 2 friends are going to play today and we dont really know any and have never done it before. I remember a while ago being recommended one called "super 6" or something like that.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>50615689
Apocalypse World or D&D 5e. Pick one of these two.
>>
>>50615689
Are you into science fiction, fantasy or something else? Do you want to play as a bunch of badasses, or do you prefer a more low-powered, down-to-earth approach?
>>
>>50615689
Savage Worlds.
>>
>>50615689
Dungeon World
>>
For three people? Who's the best at telling stories? Make them the GM and let them pick the system.
>>
>>50616130

I am but I was thinking about one of those premade stories.

>>50615791

Any topic would do. We tried dark heresy first but it was extremwly overwhelming for newcomers
>>
File: Cthulhu Dark.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Cthulhu Dark.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>50616208
So I think the system you mentioned in the OP was either Simple D6 or Mini Six.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Simple_D6
http://www.antipaladingames.com/p/mini-six.html
Both are actually totally fine choices. Easy to learn, but still solid. Great for newcomers. Simple D6 is pretty elegant and Mini 6 is a "complete" system as is for most things and if you like it you could just build on that to the other West End d6 games like Star Wars.

I don't know many premade modules, though if any of ya'll like horror stuff, I'd say to maybe check out some of the free "no security" adventures. All horror stuff set in the great depression. If you want to do that I'd say to try Cthulu Dark since that's a 4 page version of the Call of Cthulu rules, so easy to learn. And those adventures are system-less but made with Call of Cthulu in mind.
>>
>>50615689
It really doesn't get much easier than this. It's a very light-hearted and silly game, but it might be just what you're looking for.
>>
>>50617273
Oh i should clarify that both Mini Six and Simple D6 are free. Simple is 1 page. Mini is like 10 when it comes to the actual rules, with the rest being stuff like some optional rules for the GM, conversions to the West End D6 stuff it's a streamlined version of, and some sample settings that you could use or maybe build upon and that are there to give you ideas of what you can do with it.
>>
>>50617273
>>50616208
Wait, sorry. I forgot to actually link to those horror adventures.
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/5698/Hebanon-Games
>>
>>50615689
Ryuutama has two pre-made scenarios that basically act as a tutorial for both GM and players.
>>
Heroquest or some similar Dungeon crawler. It offers simplified combat, but a sense of progression with your (pre made) characters. It will also give you a chance to practice placement strategy (think turn based games like Xcom) if that's what you think you will like.

After you get the hang of that you'll want to start making your own custom characters and go deeper down the rabbit hole and expose yourself to more complex role playing systems.

There's a couple trains of thought, fun isnt fun if you have to work for it, or it's not worth having fun if it's not something complex. Don't over think this, just try stuff out and find your niche,

Maybe try some out on TTS.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.